PDA

View Full Version : incredible charts data

kizame
29-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi does anyone know of a reliable source of data for incredible charts other than yahoo finance,they seem to be missing a lot of data for the last month,this is for the nzx.
I only use the free version at the moment,but the data is very dissapointing.
I find the charts themselves excellent,and will pay if the data is reliable.
Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Gracias amigos.

Halebop
29-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi Kizame, there is a discussion here...

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?8769-Incredible-Charts/page2

The fault appears to be with Yahoo, not Incredible Charts. Perhaps they have stopped supporting the NZX in the same way or the NZX has stopped supplying?

There doesn't appear to be a credible free alternative if you want to use Incredible Charts but they are considering providing an NZX feed and are polling their users.

chippy52
29-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Yahoo is the pits. There has never been any data for HNZ since it was launched. Last time I checked still nothing. I do recall reading about downloading a csv file & importing that into Incredible Charts.

kizame
29-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Yahoo is the pits. There has never been any data for HNZ since it was launched. Last time I checked still nothing. I do recall reading about downloading a csv file & importing that into Incredible Charts.

Thanks chirpy,yep tried to load hnz many times with no luck.
incr charts is now on a par with metastock for what i want anyway,so would rather go online and chart the stocks,one downside seems to be that inc charts don't store many ticker symbols,once it gets to around ten or so you have to reload older symbols.If you know what I mean.

kizame
29-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks Halebop,I see if I can find the poll and fill it in.

ratkin
29-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks chirpy,yep tried to load hnz many times with no luck.
incr charts is now on a par with metastock for what i want anyway,so would rather go online and chart the stocks,one downside seems to be that inc charts don't store many ticker symbols,once it gets to around ten or so you have to reload older symbols.If you know what I mean.

I now download yahoo data to metastock for free, (using ml downloader). rather than use reuters for data. Yahoo might not be good on the more obscure NZ stocks , but really they are too illiquid for trading anyways

chippy52
29-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I set up new folders under Watchlist & store all my tickers in there. You can store as many as you want.

Major von Tempsky
30-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Very strange that this thread, which I seem to remember seeing on Off Market discussions which is where it belongs, has migrated to this board which is for discussing specific shares.

Charts are a load of useless mumbo jumbo akin to the natural health care industry, apart from simple ones used to illustrate the history of price movements.

They have absolutely no predictive value and their "technical resistance points" can be shown to be absolute rubbish in a moment by looking at the "Depth" info. Enter say TEL, and when the screen comes up with quotes etc you click on the drop down menu and then click on "depth" and then look at how many buyers and sellers and the volume they want at each price and you will quickly see where the real resistance point is, quite different from the chartists one.

Incredible charts? They are incredible rubbish for incredibly moronic people who can't do value analysis. There's heaps of people like Buffett who have made squillions by using value analysis and who have declared charts to be bollocks.

Hoop
30-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Very strange that this thread, which I seem to remember seeing on Off Market discussions which is where it belongs, has migrated to this board which is for discussing specific shares.

Charts are a load of useless mumbo jumbo akin to the natural health care industry, apart from simple ones used to illustrate the history of price movements.

They have absolutely no predictive value and their "technical resistance points" can be shown to be absolute rubbish in a moment by looking at the "Depth" info. Enter say TEL, and when the screen comes up with quotes etc you click on the drop down menu and then click on "depth" and then look at how many buyers and sellers and the volume they want at each price and you will quickly see where the real resistance point is, quite different from the chartists one.

Incredible charts? They are incredible rubbish for incredibly moronic people who can't do value analysis. There's heaps of people like Buffett who have made squillions by using value analysis and who have declared charts to be bollocks.

Sorry MVT but I can't let this piece of crap go unanswered.

For the record The depth is a variable and each price points waxes and wanes..To get an accurate picture of where the supports and resistances are you need a video of the ever changing volumes and find the patterns.
A snap shot of depth on my chart is out of date in one second and becomes increasing unreliable with time...One thing to notice is the absence of strong S&R lines on the chart below This is confirmed on the depth snapshot

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/Hoop_1/tel27072012-1.gif

Hoop
30-07-2012, 01:02 PM
A list of NZX data vendors of which Yahoo is just one of many
https://www.nzx.com/services/find_a_vendor

Snow Leopard
30-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Sorry MVT but I can't let this piece of crap go unanswered.

For the record The depth is a variable and each price points waxes and wanes..To get an accurate picture of where the supports and resistances are you need a video of the ever changing volumes and find the patterns.
A snap shot of depth on my chart is out of date in one second and becomes increasing unreliable with time...One thing to notice is the absence of strong S&R lines on the chart below This is confirmed on the depth snapshot

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/Hoop_1/tel27072012-1.gif

Pity your data is not adjusted for the TEL/CNU split

best wishes
Paper Tiger

Snow Leopard
30-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Laugh? I nearly spilt my medicine.

best wishes
Paper Tiger

percy
30-07-2012, 03:01 PM
I feel MVT has made great contibutions to Sharetrader on The Spectacled Flowerpecker thread.Really good for a laugh.
On other threads he is still a joke.!!!

Hoop
30-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Pity your data is not adjusted for the TEL/CNU split

best wishes
Paper Tiger

Nah Belg it wasn't me

Yeah PT...I had another look at Supercharts after I read your post and yep I had ticked the adjusted box......Can't change it manually...A bit hopeless....eh? :)...have to remember not to use long range indicators until that separation event works it's way out of the system

I noticed with Incredible charts the adjustment for TEL/CNU didn't work for the separation either....

airedale
30-07-2012, 04:21 PM
I feel MVT has made great contibutions to Sharetrader on The Spectacled Flowerpecker thread.Really good for a laugh.
On other threads he is still a joke.!!!

Even the technical master Phaedrus gave up on MVT.

ColinTwiggs
22-05-2017, 07:04 PM
A number of subscribers have expressed disappointment at Yahoo switching off indirect access to NZX and international data.

We would like to supply NZX data on Incredible Charts but need to establish whether there is sufficient interest to cover NZX royalties and related data costs.

If you are interested in subscribing to NZX data on Incredible Charts, please indicate your interest by completing this survey (http://www.incrediblecharts.com/phpsv/index.php?sid=77974).

ColinTwiggs
24-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Thanks to all who have completed the survey for Incredible Charts NZX data (http://tradingdiary.incrediblecharts.com/2017-05-22-whats_new.php). We are still short of our 200 target so please spread the word.

MVT I too could not let your post go unanswered.

Ben Graham (Buffett's mentor) said:
"In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine."Anyone who attempts to use technical analysis to gauge the intrinsic, long-term value of a stock is just as misguided as someone who uses fundamental analysis to time their short/medium-term entries and exits.
I prefer to use both: technical for short/medium-term entries and exits and fundamental for weighing long-term intrinsic value. I also use technical filters (https://www.incrediblecharts.com/stock_screener/stock_screener-momentum-moneyflow-trends.php) to highlight stocks for further, detailed fundamental analysis.

If you are already making millions using only fundamental analysis, hats off to you. I tried that and didn't make much progress until I combined TA with FA.

ColinTwiggs
24-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Hoop,

TEL/CNU were from Yahoo data, not our own (Incredible Charts) data.