PDA

View Full Version : REA - REA Group

Lizard
16-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Should have started this thread sooner... sigh.

Have had REA on my watchlist of "core holds" for over a year... but have never actually owned it.

Anyway, great result from REA Group with revenue up 16% to $278m and NPAT up 29% to $86.9m. Not cheap here at circa $15.20, but they sure know how to do profit margin! And $185m of cash in hand or $1.38 per share will have to go somewhere.

winner69
15-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Did you ever get any REA ......I see they now over 40 bucks

Never looked at them. They recently featured in the BCG Value Creators Report as a great company for shareholders. They came in 8th of the asx200 companies analysed

TSR last 2 years of 54%pa ..... Shareholders have had 8 fold returns since 2006. Fantastic eh

All from sales growth and increased margins ...along with a shrinking ebitda multiple.

Just a side note .... Not many of top performers (say the 30 with TSR > 30%) got any mention on this forum (even my favourite DLX)? Are we all mugs or something?

mark100
15-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Just a side note .... Not many of top performers (say the 30 with TSR > 30%) got any mention on this forum (even my favourite DLX)? Are we all mugs or something?

I give AUB a mention sometimes. It's no REA but TSR have been over 30% pa since listing almost 10 years ago

Lizard
15-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Did you ever get any REA ......I see they now over 40 bucks

No Winner - I took a close look on several occasions but my "value" bias sometimes doesn't help me when it comes to growth stocks!

Oh well, as Robbo would have once said, "you can't kiss all the boys". :)

winner69
15-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Probably was meaning collectively we are mugs ....no offence meant

Just seems pages and pages on non performers while the real stars don't get much in the way of discussion here.

Maybe they are all too boring eh ..but worthwhile having.

Have to admit there are a lot on that list I have never really looked at.

Forgivenesses please