PDA

View Full Version : St Barbara limited. - SBM - a golden opportunity.

tricha
20-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Due to my Norton Gold being stolen.

I've had to search around for a new Goldie.

Why SBM, the share price has been smashed, because of a takeover, of Allied Gold.

This is where it gets interesting, Allied gold has put in place, upsides.

SBM is making hay.

Conclusion, u need to do your own research. I'm in.

tricha
21-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Any one done due diligence on this one, looks cheap after been way oversold, it's getting re-rated.

troyvdh
21-08-2012, 07:56 PM
....SBM..was one I bought into yonks ago...and frankly despite holding still have forgotten about....I seem to recall that folk in the past complained about to many shares on issue and broken promises....man have we heard that before .....me thinks i will re focus...cheers...

JBmurc
21-08-2012, 08:34 PM
....SBM..was one I bought into yonks ago...and frankly despite holding still have forgotten about....I seem to recall that folk in the past complained about to many shares on issue and broken promises....man have we heard that before .....me thinks i will re focus...cheers...

yeah I'm sure I was brought it in the low teens one of my first gold investments

troyvdh
21-08-2012, 08:45 PM
JB....are you into GEL....

.. am...i hold 15000....dear El zorro I believe holds significantly more....it just sounds like a good story....cheers...

tricha
22-08-2012, 11:30 PM

Its an interesting story, without the takeover, they were coining it. Anyway it allows me to own a little piece of gold, saves storing it under the mattress.
The upside is they could quickly retrace their fall, back to $2.00

If gold goes to $2,000, the skys the limit.

Anyway see why I should not be here, feedback would be much appreciated.

tricha
24-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Its an interesting story, without the takeover, they were coining it. Anyway it allows me to own a little piece of gold, saves storing it under the mattress.
The upside is they could quickly retrace their fall, back to $2.00

If gold goes to $2,000, the skys the limit.

Anyway see why I should not be here, feedback would be much appreciated.

What a steal!

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SBM&E=ASX&N=377767

tricha
01-09-2012, 09:43 AM
A bit of a correction in the last week, but with gold up $100 an ounce.

The number of ounces to be produced in 2013, 435,000 ounces x $100 = 43.5 million extra profit.
And yes it could go the other way next week.

This will possible be the last chance to get into SBM at a real cheap price.

What a steal!

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SBM&E=ASX&N=377767

macduffy
01-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Yes, an interesting goldie, tricha.

It seems that the market has always been a bit wary of SBM. It still has the stigma of the failed Sons of Gwalia, from whom it bought the Gwalia Deeps mine, although its other mines are contibuting too, now. I suspect that the market isn't too impressed by the merger with Allied Gold either - diversifies production but increases country risk.

I don't hold.

troyvdh
01-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Dear JBmurc...shame...how dare you post comments on this thread....i mean who will take you seriously given your trully pathetic performance on the NZ thread depicts an appalling lack of performance...it quite frankly disgusts me and you should be ashamed.troy

tricha
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Yes, an interesting goldie, tricha.

It seems that the market has always been a bit wary of SBM. It still has the stigma of the failed Sons of Gwalia, from whom it bought the Gwalia Deeps mine, although its other mines are contibuting too, now. I suspect that the market isn't too impressed by the merger with Allied Gold either - diversifies production but increases country risk.

I don't hold.

Imm, I worked for them Mac Duffy, while they were under administration, the lithium part, now Talison.
Went out with 1 billion in debt, but thats the past.

They now have 180 million in the bank, 40 cents a share earnings. And about to steal Allied Gold. It's a company waiting to be turned around, just like SBM was.
Soverign risk, a little.

And with gold bouncing, add 43 million profit in the last week. If gold holds that is?

macduffy
02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Fair enough, tricha, except that the cash in the bank will be spent on the cash part of the merger consideration, plus another $140m loan being raised. ($1.025 cash plus .8 SBM share for each Allied Gold share).

Like a lot of other miners - OZL, PAN, MCR etc - I'll wait to see where this one settles.

Aotea
02-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Dear JBmurc...shame...how dare you post comments on this thread....i mean who will take you seriously given your trully pathetic performance on the NZ thread depicts an appalling lack of performance...it quite frankly disgusts me and you should be ashamed.troy

What are you waffling about Troyvdh?
Sounds like you need to get off the weed mate..JB's contribution to threads come with justification in how he has formed his view...most are well reasoned, unlike this post of yours

troyvdh
02-09-2012, 09:36 PM
...mate..have you heard of people taking the "mickey"..my performance has been equally pathetic as JBMURC....no weed mate...hate the stuff....beer is my choice...no waffling intended....just humour....cheers troy

macduffy
04-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Like a lot of other miners - OZL, PAN, MCR etc - I'll wait to see where this one settles.

Tentative signs that the market may have digested the Allied Gold takeover. Another good day and I might be tempted into a small bite!

:cool:

tricha
06-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Tentative signs that the market may have digested the Allied Gold takeover. Another good day and I might be tempted into a small bite!

I hope you got in Macduffy, SBM will fly. Especially if the gold price holds up. The $100 OZ gain in the gold price, in the last 2 weeks, adds 43 million profit, to the bottom line.

tricha
10-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Takeover completed and the focus is already being actioned, regarding improving Allied golds mines.

The price needs to double quickly from here, as it dirt cheap and presents a wonderful takeover opportunity, by a major.

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SBM&E=ASX&N=378612

tricha
14-09-2012, 09:42 AM

You might neeeed to hurrry Macduffy, the ship is getting ready to leave the station.

tricha
17-09-2012, 06:36 PM
You might neeeed to hurrry Macduffy, the ship is getting ready to leave the station.

It still has a long way to go, I'm picking $6 a share in two years time, when Allied Gold is firmly bedded in. ( as long as gold averages $1,600 an ounce OZ)

I was worried the hunter would be hunted, but with $2.00 being smashed the risk lessons.

Skol
17-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm picking $6 a share in two years time,

And I'll be winning the next Big Wednesday!

macduffy
17-09-2012, 09:09 PM
It still has a long way to go, I'm picking $6 a share in two years time, when Allied Gold is firmly bedded in. ( as long as gold averages $1,600 an ounce OZ)

I was worried the hunter would be hunted, but with $2.00 being smashed the risk lessons.

Well done, tricha!

No, it's one I didn't buy a ticket for so the ship - or train! - has left the station without me.

:mellow:

troyvdh
19-09-2012, 07:10 PM
....giday....you guys have done very well.....I hope you have had a bonanza.......personally I bought in years ago....am nearly square....cheers and thanks....

tricha
20-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Well done, tricha!

No, it's one I didn't buy a ticket for so the ship - or train! - has left the station without me.

:mellow:

Cheers macduffy.

troyvdh give it a few years and you should be well rewarded, compared to its peers, it is still dirt cheap and if this gold price maintains, the skys the limit. If gold goes to $2,000 soon .................

I hope you won the Big Wednesday Skol, Saint Barbara will do me just fine.

tricha
13-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Cheers macduffy.

troyvdh give it a few years and you should be well rewarded, compared to its peers, it is still dirt cheap and if this gold price maintains, the skys the limit. If gold goes to $2,000 soon .................

I hope you won the Big Wednesday Skol, Saint Barbara will do me just fine.

Dirt cheap when I bought in, a month ago at $1.38, still dirt cheap at $2.30.

NZSilver
15-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Going cheap again - would like to know your thoughts tricha.

tricha
17-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Going cheap again - would like to know your thoughts tricha.

NZ Silver, Like Mincor I sold.

At $2.30.

$2.30 is still cheap if you believe they get the new mines pumping. I do, but what I believe in, means nothing to Mr Market.

But I bought back in, at $1.84

To think I could have bought back at $1.62 on Friday, unbelievable !

At the end of the day, if gold stays high, they are going to coin it.
The key is the gold price, like Mincor the nickel price.

I'm not buying Mincor back. Mincor is a great company, but Not at this price in relation to the nickel price,

macduffy
22-11-2012, 12:53 PM
A few setbacks with the Allied Gold operation.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20121122/pdf/42bcpqjj7yl7cz.pdf

NZSilver
24-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Ship has turned back around, nearly dry-docked. Must have been Evan and the rough seas of Mr.Market. After not checking this for the last month Ill be keeping an eye on it again, looking even cheaper, but how low can it go?

tricha
01-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Ship has turned back around, nearly dry-docked. Must have been Evan and the rough seas of Mr.Market. After not checking this for the last month Ill be keeping an eye on it again, looking even cheaper, but how low can it go?

How low, depends on the gold price, how high, the same.

They still maintain 380,000 ounces of gold for the year. They are going to spend 20-25 million on exploration.

Interesting times ahead, the mines in Western Australia will support getting the new mines running properly.
They will take 6 months, to get up to speed.

Place your bets.;)

macduffy
09-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Sale of its Southern Cross operations, which has been on "care and maintenance", to a Chinese company for $22.5m.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130109/pdf/42cbrzfch184cj.pdf

tricha
20-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Sale of its Southern Cross operations, which has been on "care and maintenance", to a Chinese company for $22.5m.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130109/pdf/42cbrzfch184cj.pdf

This is a bonus, market yawns.
But it tells u, " The Chinese are desperate" to pick on the scraps. Desperate for gold :t_up:, they know whats coming.

"In God Gold we trust"

In the mean time, http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=SBM&E=ASX&N=384129

Will SBM meet their guidance, 3 months to wait. OK, lets get real, more like 6 months. But a 22 million dollar bonus will help immensely.

macduffy
22-02-2013, 08:23 PM
SBM's Allied Gold acquisition continues to drag on the company.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130221/pdf/42d58322p5vxwy.pdf

tricha
22-02-2013, 10:44 PM
SBM's Allied Gold acquisition continues to drag on the company.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130221/pdf/42d58322p5vxwy.pdf

I bailed a few weeks ago, with the gold price starting its drop, ploughed it all into NST yesterday.

SBM have problems, which can or can not be sorted.

NST seem to have a problem of to much gold and cash. No debt.

Minerbarejet
01-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Block of buyers at 1.20 is this the bottom?

tricha
02-03-2013, 11:46 PM

Hmm, 220 million debt, some cash.

Directors are not buying.

Who would know? Place your bets!:t_up:

JBmurc
03-03-2013, 09:21 AM
you still holding RMS tricha......If it keeps heading lower someone will take it over cheap

soulman
04-03-2013, 08:09 PM

No bottom in sight for gold miners.....I see all of them have depleted their cash levels. Either execs paying themselves handsome bonuses or cost is too high.

JBmurc
04-03-2013, 10:35 PM
No bottom in sight for gold miners.....I see all of them have depleted their cash levels. Either execs paying themselves handsome bonuses or cost is too high.

And all when Gold is at historic highs $1500oz+ AUD ..crazy times indeed

tricha
04-03-2013, 11:41 PM
you still holding RMS tricha......If it keeps heading lower someone will take it over cheap

Yes I still hold RMS, JBmurc.

But my main focus on gold is now NST.

Do u still hold TAP JBmurc, I do.

Yes gold is still at a great price in OZ$ terms, $1555.81
Interesting times.:scared:

JBmurc
05-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Yes still got some tap ......hoping rms will turn round one day soon....

troyvdh
05-05-2013, 05:53 PM
tricha....directors are buying....at 60 cents....good time to buy or sell.How bone fide is the NTA....$170...cheers

Hold a few k

Skol
05-05-2013, 06:01 PM
I bailed a few weeks ago, with the gold price starting its drop, ploughed it all into NST yesterday.

SBM have problems, which can or can not be sorted.

NST seem to have a problem of to much gold and cash. No debt.

Looking at the chart tricha I'd say your bet on NST is as good as your bet on peak oil.

tricha
05-05-2013, 11:13 PM
tricha....directors are buying....at 60 cents....good time to buy or sell.How bone fide is the NTA....$170...cheers

Hold a few k

who knows if they can sort their takeover company's out, I am picking they will.

less risk is NST, low cost produer, cash, no debt and and interesting high grade intercepts of late and much more to come.
Or like me and my friends, family. Buying physical gold and silver. Life insurance in case of finanical collapse.

troyvdh
09-05-2013, 11:59 PM
not a bad few days....cheers

troyvdh
07-03-2016, 12:35 AM
Giday I don't follow aussie stocks much...mainly because in recent times its been fairly abysmal....how ever re SBM...in the last year its gone from 16 to 216...On really good dollar volume...again I don't follow aussie stocks much..and Im happy...I have 3500 ...How come no debate ?....are investors in Oz mkt familiar and blasé about such increases...or what...Ive been an investor for ...a while...and this quite blows me away...
Furthermore another company Ive heard chatter about is NMT...up 80 something % in a matter of weeks...THIS is NOT an attempt at ramping...but perhaps its just an example of however old you are ...there always lessons to be learnt...cheers troy