PDA

View Full Version : Gage Road (GRB)

soulman
22-08-2012, 03:02 PM
The only beer company available after LWB, FGL and Lion Nathan got taken out. WOW owns 25% of their issued shares and I suspect they will be taking them out eventually.

Eventually no beer company listed on the ASX other than CCL distribution rights on some beer brand. Must be a good drug beer.

I hold and would hold on for the WOW offer.

STRAT
22-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Lion Nathan.Hows that spelt in Japanese? :D

soulman
24-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Something is brewing at GRB the last 2 session. The WOW factor definitely there with volume and price accumulation.

winner69
26-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Is interesting eh soulman

Always been interested the small brewers and as you point out the only one still listed

Bit small though

soulman
26-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Is interesting eh soulman

Always been interested the small brewers and as you point out the only one still listed

Bit small though

Small is good winner. WOW got the front seat. Maybe the demand was due to LWB founders/shareholders/instos buying into GRB for beer exposure.

winner69
26-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Small is good winner. WOW got the front seat. Maybe the demand was due to LWB founders/shareholders/instos buying into GRB for beer exposure.

Might have a dabble with a tiny bit of my LWB cash then .... But even couple of ou moves the market

Just the petty cash then ... Could be a 4 to5 bagger from a $20m odd market cap eh

soulman
25-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Quite a few chunk went throught at 7 cents today. But the sellers are feeding it to the buyers. Could there be another leg up in GRB soon?

soulman
03-11-2012, 01:54 AM
The leg up was evident in GRB today. Yearly high and quite a few volume churned through. 2 consecutive days of more than a million shares. I will definitely get some more come next week.

soulman
05-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Another decent rise in GRB. Seems the market is either impressed with their quarterly update or WOW is making a tilt. Although if they are, they will have a lot to answer for to ASIC.

soulman
19-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Another decent rise in GRB. Seems the market is either impressed with their quarterly update or WOW is making a tilt. Although if they are, they will have a lot to answer for to ASIC.

Something brewing here. Sold my last holdings at 14 at open. Missed opportunity for more gain obviously as I have been selling at 8's and 9's before today.

soulman
20-11-2012, 09:52 PM
20 mil shares crossed at 7.2 cents. WOW got the front seat in GRB but maybe Lion Nathan and Kirin wants a piece of them as well. Not sure who got the 20 mil piece. That's over 5% so we shall see soon.

mamos
22-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I dont believe it was one party so you probably wont see a SSH notice.

20 mil shares crossed at 7.2 cents. WOW got the front seat in GRB but maybe Lion Nathan and Kirin wants a piece of them as well. Not sure who got the 20 mil piece. That's over 5% so we shall see soon.

soulman
23-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah, it's to a mixed of small private investors. An early investors getting out. Still the only beer coy in the ASX after LWB, FGL and LNN getting taken over. I am out of GRB at the minute but will look to get back in. Not sure how much premium will WOW pay for the rest of GRB.

Weird that GNC was a prime takeover target since ABB and AWB got taken out. And then the offer for GNC recently by ADM. The food and beer industry. Essentials. There's still a few wine coy.

soulman
24-05-2013, 05:08 AM
Aside from a possible buyout by WOW, this little business is doing quite well on its own. Capex spend to be completed soon, and cash should be "on tap" for 2014. Craft beer is all the rage, ride the trend while you can. WAM just took a stake as well, here's what they said:

Q: You recently bought 5% of Gage Road Brewing (GRB.AX). What was your investment thesis here?

A: We view Gage Road as an undiscovered story. It is a contract brewer which has Woolworths as a key client (it produces Woolworths’ private label beer) and as a key shareholder.

The company is currently investing for future growth with the recent capital raising being part of that process. Our thesis assumes the capital expenditure needs decrease in financial year 2014. In other words the company goes ex-capex in FY14 which will drive returns higher into that year and beyond. The balance sheet is strong — low debt. On our numbers the PE is less than 10 times. And there is good fixed-cost leverage in the business.

Massive reduced allocation in GRB SPP. Huge demand from retail investor. GRB is the only beer company in the ASX since Fosters and Lion Nathan have been taken out. Are you in KW?

stoploss
26-08-2013, 01:13 PM
looks like there is still money in craft beer....nice pop up in the share price here.
Disc: Holding

soulman
26-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Yeah, glad I dip in for a few at 19. Looks like those experts at WAM knows what they are doing.

I sold out today and may regret later as this GRB chart looks so similar to CAJ chart. Good luck to all.

stoploss
25-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Something is Brewing .....