PDA

View Full Version : Historical Data

arcticblue
14-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Can anyone offer suggestions or recommendations on where to get good quality historical share price data from? I have been getting it from Yahoo but this doesn't seem to correct for dividends or share splits making it hard to accurately chart what has been happening with the share.

I've found www.infoscan.co.nz but are there others? Does anybody here use infoscan? Are they any good?

I'm initially looking at the NZX but also interested in ASX.

Thanks

Jay
14-09-2012, 03:14 PM
I use infoscan for my EOD data - reasonably priced but not sure it is 100% accurate for dividends or share splits etc although they say they have.
I have approached them a couple of times re this, they siad will get our tech people to look into it and then say should be all fixed now - last time was about this time last year or maybe a bit before that, the infamous Mr P was still around at the time as this is who he used as well.
If I am looking at a share and there seems to be an anomally then I fix it myself (Via Metastock).
Use to use Findata http://www.findata.co.nz/ not sure if they did either, however I will say that both are more reliable then the Yahoo data especially for NZX data!

lou
15-09-2012, 12:49 PM
sharesight.co.nz and sign up for the free trial.

arcticblue
17-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the response. I will look at getting infoscan then.
Lou: I can't see how sharesight provides EOD data in a downloadable format? Maybe I missed something.

trackers
11-10-2012, 09:49 AM
I know you guys are talking about NZX but find cooltrader.com.au a really good free service for delayed ASX data

Aaron
12-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Just wondered if anyone uses the google finance stock screener.
I had it working once a long time ago but now I can't seem to get it to show any companies.

I select New Zealand NZE and play around with the criteria but nothing comes up.

Is there an enter button to get the screener going? What am I doing wrong.

For example if I just choose NZE and dividend yield nothing comes even at a 0% dividend.

Advice for a frustrated dummy much appreciated.

Jay
12-05-2017, 02:42 PM
May well be broken
When I "goggled" it also post about it not working as recent as last month
Cannot open those pages on the PC I am on to see what it says - blocked by admin!

Opens OK, as soon as I select New Zealand or any option actually , screen changes to Market summary which is blank except for some menu items on the left hand side which do work anyway.
Maybe you need to be logged in??
Edit:
Just found another post from 2014 said the same thing, however another poster said works for them at this link http://www.google.com/finance#stockscreener
seems to work except cannot seem to run it?
Maybe need to be logged into google or a different browser (IE 11 I tried it under)