PDA

View Full Version : Snakk

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18

Banksie
28-02-2014, 11:53 AM
That's the split in revenues between their two different platforms Banksie, not a follow through ratio on clicks.

Ah...what's the relevance to SNK then?

bull....
28-02-2014, 11:55 AM
snakk will need to produce some good results next week! and if they do, without the corresponding sell-off by insiders we may be able to put balance theory to rest?

OR ELSE

Balance will be proved right lol and have a field day

Banksie
28-02-2014, 11:57 AM
The mobile market is growing? Iunno I didn't post it!

:) sorry moose - I didn't mean to direct that question to you...I was asking Ogg. Trying to get my head around how all these seemingly random postings add up to a body of knowledge.

Balance
28-02-2014, 12:06 PM
What big boys are left? Handley, Hyperfactory? Surely there's no more ammo left?

Hah, how many would you like?

Try Derek's brother - 15m shares, HPF - 15.7m shares, Derek - 40m shares, options (most likely supply source on Monday) - 13.5m shares

Balance
28-02-2014, 12:17 PM
So 25% of issue. Chairman + chairman's brother + early investor.

It would make sense that HPF would be selling now. Still, the volume is nothing compared to daily ASX turn over of MBE/MKB.

This overhang is just taking ages because of the NZXA. A week on the ASX will clear everybody.

So if the story is so great and fantastic, why are they all selling as fast as they can?

J R Ewing
28-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Probably so they can have money to set up another company and take that public. Doesn't mean Snakk won't be successful.

No, I guess is doesn't. But it would be a pretty good clue as to whether it will be.

Balance
28-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Probably so they can have money to set up another company and take that public. Doesn't mean Snakk won't be successful.

Does that actually compute with you?

These guys are not short of a few bob as they are fond of showing off to all and sundry.

And setting up another Snakk (to bite a few more punters) cost them bugger all.

J R Ewing
28-02-2014, 12:49 PM
I thought the same when Sam morgan sold some xero at $7. Sam Knowles sold a heap a few days ago at $40.

The selling in Snakk isn't from the board (like Enron). It's coming from early investors who are sitting on huge returns.

I almost wrote something, but I think I'll give up.

Someone give Balance a sedative and a glass of water please, he'll be apoplectic :)

Cobber
28-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I completely agree with you Ogg. I don't think they ended up with much at all after the demise of the Hyperfactory.

My focus is on Mark Ryan and Andrew Jacobs. They don't come across as guys who are interested in repeating the Handley brothers long list of failed adventures.

It does compute with me. These guys are probably leveraged to the max. They're high risk angel investors. I bet you they're cash poor.

couta1
28-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Cobber I'm still waiting for you to answer my question re SLI referenced in one of your posts above?

Balance
28-02-2014, 12:54 PM
I completely agree with you Ogg. I don't think they ended up with much at all after the demise of the Hyperfactory.

My focus is on Mark Ryan and Andrew Jacobs. They don't come across as guys who are interested in repeating the Handley brothers long list of failed adventures.

Ah, Cobber appears again.

But not to answer the questions put to him about SLI or why Snakk has any competitive edge.

Cobber
28-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Fear not Balance. I'll be back when I have a bit more time.

Ah, Cobber appears again.

But not to answer the questions put to him about SLI or why Snakk has any competitive edge.

Balance
28-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Snakk has any competitive edge.

1) Cashed up.
2) Experienced board / successful founder.
3) Good company branding (Apple Inc like in nature, B certified)
4) Geographically well positioned for fast growing Asian market
5) Deloitte 62nd fastest growing company
6) Few "like" competitors other than majors (FB, Google)
7) Very scalable
8) Top international brands/clients.

It has a fighting chance. Better odds then Xero back in the day.

1) Cashed up? That applies to company which have sold assets or are now racking in the cash from profits. In the case of Snakk,cash is Burning away like mist in the morning sun
2) Board and founders selling out as fast as they can
3) Outside of Snaggers, who knows Snakk?
4) That's what they all say
5) Yawn
6) BS - plenty of competitors
7) Eh - explain
8) Not Snakk's clients - clients belong to ad agencies

Fighting chance? Not a snow's ball in hell as indicated by the way the founders and directors are fleeing the sinking ship.

ari
28-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Who is Ogg?????

winner69
28-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Hey Guys, I'm new here. First post but I've been lurking here for months.

I previosuly invested in MBE, and had MKBOA oppies at 3 cents, (sold for a measly profit tho)! I also bought XERO at $1.8, again sold for a measly gain so still need my day job!

I really think this is the next big thing. I transfer all my aussie dollars and loaded up on SNK at 10 cents. Thanks Sorehead.

I like the Snakk brand. I think branding goes a long way in an industry such as this.

P.S. I was the one who created the wiki page, :t_up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakk_Media

Good luck to all.

Ogg could be cobber's cobber ... mateship and all that

Balance
28-02-2014, 01:26 PM

Can Ogg and you have a chat next time you have a drink with yourself?

He is saying the Handleys are great and you are saying they are not?

ari
28-02-2014, 01:29 PM
The only Ogg I know is this.....Ogg is a stream oriented container, meaning it can be written and read in one pass, making it a natural fit for internet streaming and use in processing pipelines. This stream orientation is the major design difference over other file-based container formats.

clip
28-02-2014, 01:31 PM
3) Better than MBE
4) Announcenent re Asian entry is imminent.

What is your reasoning behind Snakk being better than MBE, when MBE have already announced a huge partnership with singtel?
http://www.theage.com.au/business/markets/quotes/announcement/SGT/singapore-telecommunications-limited/1477344

About SingTel
SingTel is Asia's leading communications group providing a portfolio of services including voice and data solutions over fixed, wireless and Internet platforms as well as infocomm technology and pay TV. The Group has presence in Asia and Africa with 462 million mobile customers in 26 countries, including Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines and Thailand. It also has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the United States

The Real Bud Fox
28-02-2014, 01:31 PM
It's time this whole thread needs deleting with all the personal crap on here! Why can't posters discuss the merits of the business rather than the innuendos and personal attacks?

Schrodinger
28-02-2014, 01:35 PM
I wont go through the whole list but I will focus on "costs nothing to add customers"

If you look into the business model this is incorrect. Firstly they have to acquire customers from an add agency similar to contract work. Each customer needs a "team" to design the campaign from the ground up. Thirdly they need to pay a royalty to their technology platform provider.

This is actually turning into a good discussion as we are now getting to some useful information about SNK.

Keen to learn more about the business and happy to chnage my opinions based on intelligent discussion.

J R Ewing
28-02-2014, 01:39 PM
It's time this whole thread needs deleting with all the personal crap on here! Why can't posters discuss the merits of the business rather than the innuendos and personal attacks?

I can offer two DIY solutions:

1. Put anyone you don't like on your ignore list, or:
2. Don't read the thread

Theracay
28-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Once they design an add campaign, that can just be cloned for other clients.

That does sound like an easily imitable service though if you are just reusing campaigns for different clients, doesn't it?:confused:

blackcap
28-02-2014, 02:53 PM
As long as the revenue keeps going up so will the share price.

You have got to be kidding right?

bull....
28-02-2014, 04:19 PM
if the chart means anything on this stock a lower low is in and should retest 15c maybe next week?

Cobber
28-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Agreed. MBE have set the benchmark. But its a huge market and there is room for everyone.

The losers in this game are the APNs, Fairfax and TV networks. In fact MBE and Snakk are already taking share away from Exponential and Adconian, massive display side advertising platforms.

I look forward to Snakk's strategy for accessing the Asian market. I think they will end up partnering with a potential Telco too.

Telecom (whoops I mean Spark), have shown Telco's need to diversify. If they don't, they will end up as another Qantas.

What is your reasoning behind Snakk being better than MBE, when MBE have already announced a huge partnership with singtel?
http://www.theage.com.au/business/markets/quotes/announcement/SGT/singapore-telecommunications-limited/1477344

About SingTel
SingTel is Asia's leading communications group providing a portfolio of services including voice and data solutions over fixed, wireless and Internet platforms as well as infocomm technology and pay TV. The Group has presence in Asia and Africa with 462 million mobile customers in 26 countries, including Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines and Thailand. It also has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the United States

Cobber
28-02-2014, 04:57 PM
A difference of opinion. Nothing wrong with that Balance.

Can Ogg and you have a chat next time you have a drink with yourself?

He is saying the Handleys are great and you are saying they are not?

clip
28-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Agreed. MBE have set the benchmark. But its a huge market and there is room for everyone.

The losers in this game are the APNs, Fairfax and TV networks. In fact MBE and Snakk are already taking share away from Exponential and Adconian, massive display side advertising platforms.

I look forward to Snakk's strategy for accessing the Asian market. I think they will end up partnering with a potential Telco too.

Telecom (whoops I mean Spark), have shown Telco's need to diversify. If they don't, they will end up as another Qantas.

Thanks, still doesn't explain why snakk is ahead of MBE - interested to hear ogg's reasoning for this.

Slightly off topic and more suitable for the TEL thread, but I think Spark are moving in the right direction, I imagine we'll be seeing more competitive offerings from them over the next 2-3 years.
You see they announced yesterday Spotify Premium (a music streaming service on pc/browser/iphone/android/windows phone) is now free for telecom users - this is HUGE in the younger generation, myself and most of my friends no longer illegally download music and pay for spotify as we are happy to pay for good service at a reasonable price that supports artists, and it's easier to find/listen to music you want now than it is to acquire/listen to it by non-legal methods. ShowmeTV has similar potential if it is competitively priced, and has good content. Similar to spotify we use netflix as it's a fair price to pay for on demand tv/movie content that you actually want to watch. It's just a pain you have to use unblocking services to access netflix that don't always work/aren't reliable/won't stream in full quality

Copper
28-02-2014, 06:54 PM
snapiti, there are no ducks left, they know the game is up. look at the buy side. nearly vacant. that sp is going to travel south very quickly...

Moosie sadly it would appear you have had a PM from Balance or some mesmerising factor has overcome the archivist.Apart from the never ending diatribe on this thread that Vince must have kniptions almost every day about ,no one out there in Jo public land has the foggiest clue what goes on here.It will be interesting next week to see what happens and it may play out true to form.You as a chartist maybe wondering why is the trend the way it is.Snapiti sold out a month ago which would coincide with all the negative stuff here and the damn thing has gone up probably 15% or more since then.You seem a little subdued and I personally want to see the mystro return to his historic combative best.We can keep Balance at bay on his farcical farm of quacking ducks and writhing snakes and slippery eels and muddling mayflies just to name a few and some other of the opposite viewpoint and hopefully fully enjoy the hopefully constructive input to this thread.
regards to you and all the others,
Copper.

Copper
28-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks, still doesn't explain why snakk is ahead of MBE - interested to hear ogg's reasoning for this.

Slightly off topic and more suitable for the TEL thread, but I think Spark are moving in the right direction, I imagine we'll be seeing more competitive offerings from them over the next 2-3 years.
You see they announced yesterday Spotify Premium (a music streaming service on pc/browser/iphone/android/windows phone) is now free for telecom users - this is HUGE in the younger generation, myself and most of my friends no longer illegally download music and pay for spotify as we are happy to pay for good service at a reasonable price that supports artists, and it's easier to find/listen to music you want now than it is to acquire/listen to it by non-legal methods. ShowmeTV has similar potential if it is competitively priced, and has good content. Similar to spotify we use netflix as it's a fair price to pay for on demand tv/movie content that you actually want to watch. It's just a pain you have to use unblocking services to access netflix that don't always work/aren't reliable/won't stream in full quality

As I am probably not of your generation I can only thank you for that post which has updated me in ten seconds what it may have taken me two years to learn.
Its like "Tech in a sec"
many tks.

blah
28-02-2014, 09:02 PM
The posts by Cobber and Ogg certainly made an interesting read over the past day or two. Being a shareholder myself, I certainly would like some positivity... but I do think these guys are perhaps slightly misinformed (or perhaps I am!)

In no particular order:
1. Mobile advertising is growing and is the next best thing. I agree, and is much of what Snakk has said. This does not, in itself, mean that Snakk will grow proportionately to mobile advertising growth as they face competitors.

2. Despite what I have said in point 1, Snakk is growing rapidly. At least in terms of revenue growth. None of the naysayers (even Balance) argues that the revenue growth numbers of Snakk are remarkable.

3. As many have pointed out here, revenue growth is not the whole story however. From the accounts somewhere, costs have been observed to have grown faster than revenues. It is difficult to interpret what this means exactly: what these costs constiture; whether it is an anomaly, or re-occurring; whether it reflects competition in this space; whether Snakk is in the business of 'buying' their revenues with costs. It is hard to say. It may or may not be an issue, but is certainly a flag that needs to be considered. Time will only tell.

4. Is Snakk scalable? As I understand it, Snakk is a company that creates and manages mobile advertising campaigns for companies via advertising companies. From my understanding there is a large creative and human aspect to what they do and therefore not much of it can be re-used, as each campaign is unique, have different requirements and will have different performance metrics. Perhaps parts of a campaign can be reused, but I can't imagine much. This doesn't mean that there aren't scale economies (relating to average costs) to be had though, but will not be to the extent you will see in software a la Xero, Diligent etc.

5. To me, not being as scalable as software companies does not kill Snakk. It may well discourage investors. The sentiment I get reading this thread is something along the lines of "anything that doesn't give you zero marginal cost is bad" - note though many companies have done well even not in software. The term 'ticket clipping' makes Snakk sound worse than it probably is in reality, suggesting that it is unprofitable. I just read in an article today that the Giltrap family have done well ticket-clipping Toyota cars in Auckland...

6. When Snakk themselves refer to them being scalable, my understanding is that they are not speaking of costs, but rather the network of ad space they can serve their campaigns to. It costs them very little to serve a campaign to 100 places vs 100000 places.

7. I don't regard Snakk as a tech company, beside being knowledgeable of current and future tech trends and serving their product on new technology. It is silly to compare them to Xero etc.

8. Being geographically located in NZ or anywhere for that matter is irrelevent to Asian expansion.

9. Nobody knows for a fact who is selling on any particular day, unless it is revealed. I try not to read too much into 'such and such' is selling simply because we observe large trading volume. This trading volume could well be made from many unique sellers.

10. Many early investors have sold out. We know that Seadragon sold out because they would rather invest money in their fishy business than in some random mobile advertising company. We do not know why Sorensen, Bakery Boys etc and directors related to them have sold out. Only they will know themselves. Any other opinion is simply speculation however much it may be dressed up as a fact. The big question mark revolves around "if Snakk is so great, why did they sell out?" Who knows. It may well be true that Snakk is a scam - only time will tell. There may be other plausible opinions. The naysayers seem to have read over one other line of reasoning and kept rhetorically asking the previous question. This other line of reasoning (and I would certainly like to have others assess the reasonableness of this) is that the Sorensen and associates, Bakery Boys are early stage investors seeking returns far higher than what Snakk would deliver in the future. I have no idea what returns they are seeking, but when you are seeking a 10000% (number made up to make a point) return to investment, it obviously makes no sense to invest/keep money in an investment that only delivers 500% (again made up and not suggesting Snakk would achieve this). There is a reason angel investors invest in super-risky angel startups.

11. It is interesting that there has been much talk of snakes and of dodgy personas here. If dodgy personas necessarily mean dodgy investments, it is surprising that no one has ever flamed the Seadragon thread, given it has spun out of Claridge - associated with Sorensen and thus why Seadragon had shares in Snakk.

12. Other than Derek Handley, to my knowledge no other currently-serving director has sold down any of their own stakes. Perhaps the usual rhetoric around here re directors have been a little exaggerated?

13. Derek Handley sold some shares in December. This is probably a true concern and no straight answer regarding why have been provided. Another point to flag. Why did he sell? Who knows.

In summary, I hope those on both sides of the Snakk divide respect each other and be best friends. I hope everyone could portray their own opinion as exactly their own opinion and not as fact and hence spread misinformation. I hope we stay away from personal attacks as the smart people on this thread will know too well that personal attacks do not win logical arguments. And I really wish people could stop accusing others of 'upramping' / 'downramping' cause it sounds really lame - and welcome to the internet?

disc. Not employed by Snakk. Not trying to up/down ramp. Not a dodgy persona. Have no ulterior motive. Own Snakk. Own Seadragon. Again, no ulterior motive (if you believe me). [feel stupidly obliged to disclose such stupid things due to the very nature of this thread]

Swiftideas
01-03-2014, 12:42 AM
Being a shareholder myself, I certainly would like some positivity...

Good post blah. Some further positivity;

1. The sector (Mobile Advertising) is growing rapidly. As to why, the phrase 'dollars follow eyeballs' is apt.

2. The growth is affecting brands (who are increasing campaign budgets into mobile) and also publishers (who are seeing audiences migrate to mobile). Both sides require offensive and defensive growth strategies to move with the times.

3. Facebook & Google are leaders in the sector. They report mobile ad revenue separately in their earnings. That is to say, its notable. Yes of course both stocks are traded on the NASDAQ & not the NZAX and with respective market caps at $175B and $407B, no comparison is being made to SNK. Except to say, they all operate in a clearly interesting space and compete for ad dollars.

4. SNK deliver mobile media campaigns to brand via agency. Who, to remain in business as an active agency, must retain media accounts. Hence by definition agencies are conscientious on where they spend brand money. This is why revenue growth is the key metric at this stage. Not because it implies a growth rate for SNK. But because all revenue committed to SNK is through an experienced media trader and is granted to them at some other parties expense. Which, given the available contenders for that media budget, raises interesting questions around the underlying reasons for SNK's revenue growth.

5. At this stage, good analysis on SNK is light. Although in fairness SNK is less than five years young, their space it still emerging and unlike key competitors, SNK are homegrown & NZ is no global media centre. Without doubt the share registry has been loose recently. That will raise questions that demand air cover. I'm sure the AGM will bring fireworks. But let's not be hasty, selling down is not necessarily selling out. Even despite the oddly fanatical caution from an imbalanced grudging skeptic. Discl; In my portfolio, the end is far from nigh for SNK. They have experience in the ranks, cash in the bank and a known brand in a fast space. Plenty of upside potential there. On costs I see nothing to fret on just yet. It's very common for a startup to re-invest in their own growth. What would be good to see soon is some disclosure on what's cooking. Although let's face it, Apple's 'one more thing' will be way more interesting

Which reminds me.. Balance, why are you still here? Do you not have one of those smart screens to look at? ;)

Balance
01-03-2014, 10:47 AM
12. Other than Derek Handley, to my knowledge no other currently-serving director has sold down any of their own stakes. Perhaps the usual rhetoric around here re directors have been a little exaggerated?

You wrote a lot but that statement above alone shows you have not bothered to do your homework.

"You may have noticed that our Chair and Co-Founder Derek Handley completed the first tranche of a gift of 2 million shares toward the development of his personal charitable foundation in an off-market transaction as per his previous guidance at the Snakk AGM in August 2013. Derek has indicated he will transfer approximately 10% of his Snakk holdings to his foundation, a range of other charities and private placements to investors during 2014 with more news to come on what the activities and social impact goals will be.

Derek remains a significant investor and is committed to the success of the company, providing significant strategic governance as well as hands-on input in his role as Chair, an investor and Co-Founder."

***** No mention whatsoever that the Chairman was busy selling shares even as the charitable act was trumpeted! *****

And he has continued selling.

***** Selling now joined by his co-founder executive! *******

"

Next.

Balance
01-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Which reminds me.. Balance, why are you still here? Do you not have one of those smart screens to look at? ;)

Waiting for that self-avowed technologist and business promotor, Cobber, to answer some of the basic questions put to him.

As usual, it's all rah rah but when it comes to the crunch, no real substance.

Reminds me so much of Plus SMS - a lot of rah rah but no real answers.

The continuous comparisons to Apple, Xero, Google, Facebook are indicative of the Plus SMS type ramping.

Balance
01-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Cobber can I ask you what you mean by SLI have stumbled? They are meeting their targets and growing with a solid plan so don't you think they have a future,sorry I know its the Snakk thread but just referencing your comment above. Disc-own snakk and Sli

Question 1 to Cobber 2 days ago.

Other question (deleted for some reason only Snakes know) was about how Snakk actually made its margins and what competitive edge it has against the multitude of other companies in the same space.

blackcap
01-03-2014, 12:53 PM
Quote: "[Feverpitch as] a vision, as an idea, it wasn’t dumb. The problem was its execution and timing."[/I]

I would have to wholeheartedly agree with that. Feverpitch was what Betfair.com has become. Betfair is now listed on the London Stock Exchange and although had its peak circa 2005 is still a huge site with many participants. Far better odds available than the TAB will ever give you BTW for those that are interested.

Balance
01-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Believe it or not, I'm actually in my third year at Auckland University majoring in history. I haven't read the book but read some extracts of it online.

I can see similarities between "Feverpitch" and Snakk (my guess is this is what you are referring to).

Quote: "[Feverpitch as] a vision, as an idea, it wasn’t dumb. The problem was its execution and timing."

I agree that Snakk Media is nothing more than a "vision" and "idea" made up by Handley to make himself wealthy.

The question is, if Snakk Media has good "execution and timing" can it be successful?

Nothing wrong with making oneself wealthy - that is the essence of capitalism and the trickle down effect. For inspiration, yes - think Steve Jobs and Apple.

Everything wrong with making oneself wealthy through PR spin and misleading behavior. For example - think CER and Plus SMS.

Leftfield
01-03-2014, 03:47 PM
I'll take a stab at answering this. I'm going to use my real estate agent analogy as I'm comfortable using it.

Good on ya Ogg…. however I doubt if any debate with Balance on this subject is ever going to be balanced.

SNK is due to release Q3 figures on Monday…. hopefully they will speak for themselves. There has been a nice climb in the SP in anticipation… Interesting times! ;-)

Balance
01-03-2014, 05:51 PM
I'll take a stab at answering this. I'm going to use my real estate agent analogy as I'm comfortable using it.

We know that Snakk has a "clip the ticket" revenue model, similar to a real estate agent. The asset in this case is not a house but an intangible service. What's important is the value placed on that asset. More value should equal better margin/revenue. For example, a real estate agent selling low cost housing would make less money than a real estate agent selling expensive housing.

At this point in time, I think mobile advertising has low value, hence Snakk's margins/revenue are tight/low. However, as mobile advertising increases in demand its value should go up. It's like being a real estate agent in New Zealand in the 1800's vs being a real estate agent today.

The conclusion is that margin/revenue should improve as more people use/interact with mobile devices.

As for competitive edge:

We know that Snakk is not competing against the majors (FB, Google). So the argument here is competitive edge against similar capitalised companies, for example MBE, or other marketing agencies. This question's hard to address, as it's like saying why did Barfoot and Thompson, Bailieys, Ray White etc, survived and other real estate companies failed. Perhaps there's room for multiple mobile advertising companies like there are multiple real estate companies. Or perhaps they will all be bought out or go bust by Google/FB. To answer the question, it might just be as simple as saying that Snakk is publicly listed and other marketing agencies are not, or other companies like MBE are overvalued.

Poor analogy, Ogg.

1. A real estate agent selling low cost housing can and do make more money as it's a %tage commission and volume based business. An agent selling a $1m house will get less than an agent selling three $300k houses. And there's definitely more lower cost houses being built and sold than high end houses at any point in time.

2. A real estate agent made more money (in real terms) in the old days than today as it was a highly regulated industry and there were only so many licensed real estate agents. Just as taxi drivers used to make more money than the poor buggers today - even though cars cost more in the old days.

3. The question about Snakk's 'technology' and 'competitive edge' were put to Cobber as he proclaimed himself to be a technologist and a user of Snakk's technology and services.

This was a golden opportunity to have someone who claims he is in the industry and can add value in terms of getting a real handle on what Snakk actually does, and why he is using them.

Ogg, your answer does not even scratch the surface of what were being asked of Cobber! Good on you sticking your hand up to answer (A+) but it's like saying ice cream is cold so Antarctica is cold because it is covered in ice.

Sigh ... debating with a university student who thinks he knows it all!

Sgt Pepper
01-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Moosie we have something in common I also have a history degree (otago 1979) and am interested in miltary history. Any other history graduates out there, its a good degree although not in vogue at the moment

cheers
Sgt pepper

Copper
01-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Balance....Why don't you just take a rest and think about putting something constructive on this site.All your claptrap is against anything that others may find interesting.We have all said it before but quite frankly you are seeming to become even more arrogant and boring and self gratifying in the pretext of knowing everything than u were before.You are not the only guide to intelligence in this world.Others can find their way.....

Balance
01-03-2014, 06:37 PM
We know that Snakk is not competing against the majors (FB, Google). So the argument here is competitive edge against similar capitalised companies, for example MBE, or other marketing agencies. This question's hard to address, as it's like saying why did Barfoot and Thompson, Bailieys, Ray White etc, survived and other real estate companies failed. Perhaps there's room for multiple mobile advertising companies like there are multiple real estate companies. Or perhaps they will all be bought out or go bust by Google/FB. To answer the question, it might just be as simple as saying that Snakk is publicly listed and other marketing agencies are not, or other companies like MBE are overvalued.

Do you actually know what Snakk does, Ogg?

Serious question as your attempt above shows a basic lack of understanding of what Snakk does.

Read back this thread and you will find some very enlightening postings from a few in the industry who make the point that :

1. Snakk is a price taker, as it is but one contractor out of many used by adv agencies on behalf of their clients.

2. It is very easy and cheap to set up in competition with the likes of Snakk. One reason why MBE is trying to sell its mobile ad business - maybe, Snakk wants to buy?

3. It is even more competitive in Asia than it is in Australasia as they have had a huge head start.

couta1
01-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Question 1 to Cobber 2 days ago.

Other question (deleted for some reason only Snakes know) was about how Snakk actually made its margins and what competitive edge it has against the multitude of other companies in the same space.
Balance I really think cobber owes everyone an answer to question 1,that's a bold statement re SLI stumbling he's made and not backed up by their latest results

Balance
01-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Balance....Why don't you just take a rest and think about putting something constructive on this site.All your claptrap is against anything that others may find interesting.We have all said it before but quite frankly you are seeming to become even more arrogant and boring and self gratifying in the pretext of knowing everything than u were before.You are not the only guide to intelligence in this world.Others can find their way.....

You would love that, wouldn't you, Copper - for the PR spin, misleading statements, half-truths, BS etc to go unchallenged.

You will be unpleasantly surprised how many PMs I have received in respect of my postings re Snakk.

I have challenged Cobber (who emerged out of nowhere and started waxing lyrical about Snakk) to enlighten us with his experience and knowledge as he proclaimed himself to have.

You have a problem with that?

Copper
01-03-2014, 08:01 PM
actually copper if you had an open mind you would understand balance's post are very very constructive.
Point taken.Thoughts are more in the line of repetitive stuff always taking the person to task which leads one to believe Balance in his opinion is always right. In most cases he has a point but it's the approach that is the problem.

Hooper
01-03-2014, 10:13 PM
I would have to wholeheartedly agree with that. Feverpitch was what Betfair.com has become. Betfair is now listed on the London Stock Exchange and although had its peak circa 2005 is still a huge site with many participants. Far better odds available than the TAB will ever give you BTW for those that are interested.

Betfair & Betdaq started in 2000. Handley copied them a year later. You can't credit that

blackcap
02-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Betfair & Betdaq started in 2000. Handley copied them a year later. You can't credit that

Thanks for clearing that up Hooper. I did not know that. I was first on Feverpitch and had at that stage not heard of Betfair, which I thought came later and was so successful that others (including Betdaq and Feverpitch) fell by the wayside. So we cannot even credit the entrepreneurship of Feverpitch to Handley. (I was not trying to defend Handley in any way but I did (at the time) think that he had come up with the concept of 2p2 betting).

winner69
02-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Hooper. I did not know that. I was first on Feverpitch and had at that stage not heard of Betfair, which I thought came later and was so successful that others (including Betdaq and Feverpitch) fell by the wayside. So we cannot even credit the entrepreneurship of Feverpitch to Handley. (I was not trying to defend Handley in any way but I did (at the time) think that he had come up with the concept of 2p2 betting).

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/personal-finance/news/article.cfm?c_id=12&objectid=636731

Who made something out of these deals?

Balance
02-03-2014, 04:34 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/personal-finance/news/article.cfm?c_id=12&objectid=636731

Who made something out of these deals?

The promotors and directors probably paid themselves over $2m in fees, salaries, benefits etc before the inevitable.

Nice if you can get it.

Balance
02-03-2014, 04:36 PM
The conclusion is, in the IT industry "intellectual property" is less important because software can be so easily copied/cloned. I think Snakk Media understands this and hence why it outsources all of its "intellectual property" and focuses more on "marketing". Yes, its business model can be copied, but you can't copy "market share".

So what is Snakk's market share?

How many players are there in the industry and who is already the biggest?

blackcap
02-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Interesting read.
Dereck thinks he can get the TAB (who currently has a monopoly in nz) to partner up with his new venture.
Why on earth would the TAB want to bring in an outside business partner into their monopoly when that partner has no sole rights to anything.
Sorry Dereck the TAB already offers changing odd's during many sport game's and as for your other idea of person to person betting and clipping the ticket you dont own the rights to that idea either.
The TAB with the only licience in nz hold all the cards.
Me thinks this article will give a huge laugh to senior management at the TAB.
Is this guy for real.

Snapiti this is old news. Article was written in 2002. But I do not think the TAB are laughing at Betfair and other bookies the world over. I tend to put most of my money through Betfair or otherwise Centrebet and that is money the TAB is missing out on. And only because the odds offerred by the TAB are just not competitive. Also Betfair offers you the chance to trade and arbitrage positions and that makes it so much more fun and lucrative.

Copper
02-03-2014, 05:30 PM
The promotors and directors probably paid themselves over $2m in fees, salaries, benefits etc before the inevitable.

Nice if you can get it.

Looks shonky even by my standards........Haven't taken a bet on that Handley/TAB venture but it's your BIG DAY tomorrow Balance....3rd March....It will be interesting to see whether your horse is first past the post or falls asleep in the stalls.Wish you well. Have no ill feelings just want to see what pans out.Maybe more of the same or we could see some enlightenment from SOMEWHERE?.

steve fleming
02-03-2014, 05:57 PM
http://www.bandt.com.au/news/digital/big-mobile-top-of-its-class-in-australia

Big Mobile topped the billings for the first half of 2013.

And for the umpteenth time, MBE has a completely different business model to Snakk. IF you compare them, its embarrassing and just shows ignorance of the industry and the participants. MBE currently has a small loss making m-ad business that contributes 25% of their business. However MBE have used their advertising and media buying expertise and customer management experience to "acquire" customers to which they now sell their OWN products / services to using an integrated m-payments platform. MBE essentially owns and sells their own content now.

MBE and Snakk have offices next door to each other, but thats pretty much where the comparisons end.

Copper
02-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Copper and Snapiti, Feverpitch was Dereks first go at entrepreneurship about 11 years ago.

Again, I suggest reading Heart to Start. Good to know the mind of the person you're talking about.
Thanks for that. Was basing post on others statements without knowing background .cheers....

etrader
02-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Think it's fair to say the shares will peak at 13.5c tomorrow post release then drop back to .12c again.

Hooper
03-03-2014, 08:27 AM

He does imply it was his idea, which says a lot about him.
Betdaq never fell by the wayside - Ladbrokes paid Dermot Desmond a lot of money for it

ari
03-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Here goes>>>>>https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/247719

Harvey Specter
03-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Here goes>>>>>https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/247719

$2.25M revenue and slight profit (although we gave no idea how much becayse they don't tell us!)Judging from this post http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?8953-Snakk&p=464511&viewfull=1#post464511I assume people will be disappointed with the revenue figure?

Banksie
03-03-2014, 09:00 AM
I don't understand why they included the last paragraph about increased mobile add spend in NZ comparing it to the US, when earlier they clearly state their market is Australia.

Yes it is an interesting fact, but does it really have any bearing on SNK? Do they not have similar data for Australia? Does it not read as well? Did they just need *some* sound bite to give to the snakkers :).

boofters
03-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Its the talk of profit I liked. If 1million per month is profitable then things are looking good. I'll be catching more if it moves sub 10 level again.

DISC: Hold SNK

winner69
03-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Jeez you guys hard to please .....a recording breaking quarter

Be interested to see what turmerics little spreadsheet will tell us now

Leftfield
03-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Notice no comment on quarter on quarter growth which has really slowedd down to ~25%.

They refer to 3Q revenue ($2.25m) being up 58 % on same qtr last yr?

The Real Bud Fox
03-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Jeez you guys hard to please .....a recording breaking quarter

Be interested to see what turmerics little spreadsheet will tell us now

As I said last week, SNK was always going to be on a hiding to nothing no matter what its result was. Lets just hope the market is not overly influenced by a few posters on here.

Talk of profit is really encouraging.

bull....
03-03-2014, 09:45 AM
I thought pretty good result, lets see how it trades really needs to go up and stay up this time to instill any confidence

Schrodinger
03-03-2014, 09:53 AM
The posts by Cobber and Ogg certainly made an interesting read over the past day or two. Being a shareholder myself, I certainly would like some positivity... but I do think these guys are perhaps slightly misinformed (or perhaps I am!)

In no particular order:
1. Mobile advertising is growing and is the next best thing. I agree, and is much of what Snakk has said. This does not, in itself, mean that Snakk will grow proportionately to mobile advertising growth as they face competitors.

2. Despite what I have said in point 1, Snakk is growing rapidly. At least in terms of revenue growth. None of the naysayers (even Balance) argues that the revenue growth numbers of Snakk are remarkable.

3. As many have pointed out here, revenue growth is not the whole story however. From the accounts somewhere, costs have been observed to have grown faster than revenues. It is difficult to interpret what this means exactly: what these costs constiture; whether it is an anomaly, or re-occurring; whether it reflects competition in this space; whether Snakk is in the business of 'buying' their revenues with costs. It is hard to say. It may or may not be an issue, but is certainly a flag that needs to be considered. Time will only tell.

4. Is Snakk scalable? As I understand it, Snakk is a company that creates and manages mobile advertising campaigns for companies via advertising companies. From my understanding there is a large creative and human aspect to what they do and therefore not much of it can be re-used, as each campaign is unique, have different requirements and will have different performance metrics. Perhaps parts of a campaign can be reused, but I can't imagine much. This doesn't mean that there aren't scale economies (relating to average costs) to be had though, but will not be to the extent you will see in software a la Xero, Diligent etc.

5. To me, not being as scalable as software companies does not kill Snakk. It may well discourage investors. The sentiment I get reading this thread is something along the lines of "anything that doesn't give you zero marginal cost is bad" - note though many companies have done well even not in software. The term 'ticket clipping' makes Snakk sound worse than it probably is in reality, suggesting that it is unprofitable. I just read in an article today that the Giltrap family have done well ticket-clipping Toyota cars in Auckland...

6. When Snakk themselves refer to them being scalable, my understanding is that they are not speaking of costs, but rather the network of ad space they can serve their campaigns to. It costs them very little to serve a campaign to 100 places vs 100000 places.

7. I don't regard Snakk as a tech company, beside being knowledgeable of current and future tech trends and serving their product on new technology. It is silly to compare them to Xero etc.

8. Being geographically located in NZ or anywhere for that matter is irrelevent to Asian expansion.

9. Nobody knows for a fact who is selling on any particular day, unless it is revealed. I try not to read too much into 'such and such' is selling simply because we observe large trading volume. This trading volume could well be made from many unique sellers.

10. Many early investors have sold out. We know that Seadragon sold out because they would rather invest money in their fishy business than in some random mobile advertising company. We do not know why Sorensen, Bakery Boys etc and directors related to them have sold out. Only they will know themselves. Any other opinion is simply speculation however much it may be dressed up as a fact. The big question mark revolves around "if Snakk is so great, why did they sell out?" Who knows. It may well be true that Snakk is a scam - only time will tell. There may be other plausible opinions. The naysayers seem to have read over one other line of reasoning and kept rhetorically asking the previous question. This other line of reasoning (and I would certainly like to have others assess the reasonableness of this) is that the Sorensen and associates, Bakery Boys are early stage investors seeking returns far higher than what Snakk would deliver in the future. I have no idea what returns they are seeking, but when you are seeking a 10000% (number made up to make a point) return to investment, it obviously makes no sense to invest/keep money in an investment that only delivers 500% (again made up and not suggesting Snakk would achieve this). There is a reason angel investors invest in super-risky angel startups.

11. It is interesting that there has been much talk of snakes and of dodgy personas here. If dodgy personas necessarily mean dodgy investments, it is surprising that no one has ever flamed the Seadragon thread, given it has spun out of Claridge - associated with Sorensen and thus why Seadragon had shares in Snakk.

13. Derek Handley sold some shares in December. This is probably a true concern and no straight answer regarding why have been provided. Another point to flag. Why did he sell? Who knows.

In summary, I hope those on both sides of the Snakk divide respect each other and be best friends. I hope everyone could portray their own opinion as exactly their own opinion and not as fact and hence spread misinformation. I hope we stay away from personal attacks as the smart people on this thread will know too well that personal attacks do not win logical arguments. And I really wish people could stop accusing others of 'upramping' / 'downramping' cause it sounds really lame - and welcome to the internet?

disc. Not employed by Snakk. Not trying to up/down ramp. Not a dodgy persona. Have no ulterior motive. Own Snakk. Own Seadragon. Again, no ulterior motive (if you believe me). [feel stupidly obliged to disclose such stupid things due to the very nature of this thread]

I think you should add/extend the tech analysis. From what I know they buy their platform form a third party therefore the costs of expansion are very high. Anyone confirm this and the technology platform?

bull....
03-03-2014, 09:54 AM
If it was so good there'd be a lot more buyers and a helluva lot less sellers.

Wonder where Balance is?

dont always believe the depth moosie

Schrodinger
03-03-2014, 10:04 AM
I took your advice and read through this thread.

There's a post by the user "turmeric" (#483) that clarifies the business model as interpreted by Edison Investment Research, which I believe is what you are referring to.

I think the argument here is not about the revenue model but rather "intellectual property" (ie economic moat). In the case of Xero it's very straight forward, they have a product that is protected by copyright. So the question is, does Snakk Media have any "intellectual property", and the answer is no.

The next question would be, can a business be successful without any "intellectual property"? The answer is yes, example TradeMe (ebay clone), but TradeMe has an "economic moat" because it entered the market early and took a large market share. The "chicken and egg" effect followed, ie sellers attract buyers, buyers attract sellers.

I'm not implying that Snakk is similar to TradeMe but rather a company doesn't need "intellectual property" to be successful.

Snakk Media's "economic moat" might just be as simple as establishing itself as the most dominate player and then having the most efficient and therefore most economic service available. This may seem simplistic but it does have advantages in that it takes less capital and time to achieve. In retrospect, Xero, faces more of a challenge as it tries to defend its "intellectual property" against competitors and thus requires large sums of capital and long development time.

The conclusion is, in the IT industry "intellectual property" is less important because software can be so easily copied/cloned. I think Snakk Media understands this and hence why it outsources all of its "intellectual property" and focuses more on "marketing". Yes, its business model can be copied, but you can't copy "market share".

I think you will find TradeMe infinitely (NZ context) more scaleable than SNK due to the business model. TradeMe has a repeatable and very low cost business model (almost perfect in my mind) and hence very high profits. Snakk has high marginal costs and therefore this poses a huge risk to expansion as this will require new territories to continue revenue growth.

In terms of intellectual property to be successful thisnk about this from a margin point of view (i.e. RAK) if you dont have anything protectable and provide a service you face two challenges:

1. Your service gets replicated and you either drop price or lose the business
2. If you want to add new business you expansion risks increase as you have to move your entire service to a new country.

Hence this is why I see SNK as a NZ/Aus business.

I disgaree with your statement intellectual property is less important. That is a rediculous assertion in an IT context. Please look us Google/Microsoft/TradeMe etc and then look into their profit margins and company value.

Overall TradeMe is a far superior business than SNK.

Balance
03-03-2014, 10:10 AM
I think you will find TradeMe infinitely (NZ context) more scaleable than SNK due to the business model. TradeMe has a repeatable and very low cost business model (almost perfect in my mind) and hence very high profits. Snakk has high marginal costs and therefore this poses a huge risk to expansion as this will require new territories to continue revenue growth.

In terms of intellectual property to be successful thisnk about this from a margin point of view (i.e. RAK) if you dont have anything protectable and provide a service you face two challenges:

1. Your service gets replicated and you either drop price of lose the business
2. If you want to add new business you expansion risks increase as you have to move your entire service to a new country.

Hence this is why I see SNK as a NZ/Aus business.

I disgaree with your statement intellectual property is less important. That is a rediculous assertion in an IT context. Please look us Google/Microsoft/TradeMe etc and then look into their profit margins and company value.

Overall TradeMe is a far superior business than SNK.

Ogg has a lot to learn, judging by his postings. But like all newbies, he will make his mistakes and hopefully, learn.

Longhaul
03-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Not Year on Year, i was refferring to Quarter on Quarter (ie quarter before this one).

Moosie, not sure that's a robust comparison due to the seasonal nature of campaigns/advertising.

Harvey Specter
03-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Moosie, not sure that's a robust comparison due to the seasonal nature of campaigns/advertising.Which should make the December quarter growth rise, not fall.

Balance
03-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Moosie, not sure that's a robust comparison due to the seasonal nature of campaigns/advertising.

Real high growth companies do not experience seasonality in their initial years of generating market share and sales growth - that is the essence of what a high growth company in a high growth sector is all about.

Longhaul
03-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Which should make the December quarter growth rise, not fall.

Yes it would be nice if Q3 revenues continued to grow at 114%.

Q3 2011 - $663,973
Q3 2012 - $1,426,403 (114%)
Q3 2013 - $2,258,989 (58%)

ari
03-03-2014, 10:36 AM
No word on purchase from cash kitty, or is this dwindling with day to day spend and taking on more staff?

couta1
03-03-2014, 10:44 AM
So no advance in the share price,dissapointing but I think we should all be opening our eyes a little wider at the moment,look at Summerset after a fantastic result and sitting on $3.38 tells you all is not as well as it may seem at the moment

silu
03-03-2014, 10:45 AM
I've really questioned the timing of my exit but now I'm glad I did. Didn't like much at all in this announcement.

axe
03-03-2014, 10:52 AM
So no advance in the share price,dissapointing but I think we should all be opening our eyes a little wider at the moment,look at Summerset after a fantastic result and sitting on $3.38 tells you all is not as well as it may seem at the moment

No advance in share price same pattern noted by other traders here.
In the past SP builds in anticipation for the "good?" announcement and then the profit taking starts after the announcement.

Congrats to all here who have successfully traded off this :)

couta1
03-03-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm singing that old song in my head,Should I stay or should I go?its hard being a duck when the bread runs out

nextbigthing
03-03-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm singing that old song in my head,Should I stay or should I go?its hard being a duck when the bread runs out

It's not long until duck shooting season Couta ;) Be careful

Bilbo
03-03-2014, 11:50 AM

I've just sold out. Took a loss on my SPP shares purchased at 12.5c and on initial holding at 13c but learnt some relatively cheap lessons along the way which I hope will save me a lot of $ in the future. Thanks to all on this forum for their insights into SNK. Now off to find a better home for the sale proceeds. Suggestions welcomed :)

couta1
03-03-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm out guys,had a sell order in early at 14c but saw wasn't going to go up on results,took a $1150 bath an expensive loaf of bread,cheers Moosie and Snapiti for pm's

whatsup
03-03-2014, 12:24 PM
I've just sold out. Took a loss on my SPP shares purchased at 12.5c and on initial holding at 13c but learnt some relatively cheap lessons along the way which I hope will save me a lot of $ in the future. Thanks to all on this forum for their insights into SNK. Now off to find a better home for the sale proceeds. Suggestions welcomed :)

Bil, Have you tried a little known company with good growth prospects for the patient ?

whatsup
03-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Seems SNK has lost the majority of it's original ST shareholders. Would that be fair? I bought in for and at the SPP but out long long ago.

After reading some of todays posts: Bilbo, Couta, Mossie and many other posts from the last few months it appears there have been a significant number of previous holders who are now OUT due to various events well documented in this thread!

Anyone still in from the early days??

From the early days 2011, yeh. and I held XRO for 3 + years before selling out as a disappointed S Her only to miss out on the big run and not to be caught by that again,

Bilbo
03-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Bil, Have you tried a little known company with good growth prospects for the patient ?

Whatsup, yes sure have. Still holding vast majority of my XRO shares purchased below $1. I am a long term investor and like buying not selling but have learnt to dump losers and ride winners. A couple of years back I sold some THL I had sat on for a few years to buy more XRO at $4 and obviously very happy with that decision now, so decided to take a similar approach to SNK. Sell out and find something much better. I think with early stage companies you are investing in the founders, directors and early employees as much as anything. I invested in SNK on the reputation of Derek but have seen nothing else to like and am now questioning Derek's contribution. So I'm out and not going to sink any more valuable time into researching or following SNK, but I wish all long term holders the best of luck and hope for your sake I have made a bad decision.

Bilbo
03-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Bilbo, if looking to keep it in the sector check out MBE.ASX. Profitable, high growth with even more to come and well run. Exchange rate is pretty favourable right now as well imho. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks Moosie, Yes have been following MBE and felt I had missed out, but the recent pullback from highs had me interested again. Have just taken a small holding today and will start to follow more closely.

see weed
03-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Seems SNK has lost the majority of it's original ST shareholders. Would that be fair? I bought in for and at the SPP but out long long ago.

After reading some of todays posts: Bilbo, Couta, Mossie and many other posts from the last few months it appears there have been a significant number of previous holders who are now OUT due to various events well documented in this thread!

Anyone still in from the early days??

I'm still in. Tried to sell some 3 months ago for 14c , it took 10 min. to get through to asb but price had dropped . So tried again and the same thing happened again, so gave up. This time round tried to buy some at 9.6c , same thing wait 5 or 6 minutes , and price went to 10.1c so next day tried to buy at 10.3 and same thing price went up, then told them off for taking so long to answer the phone. So i am stll in .....waiting for asb to answer phone.

see weed
03-03-2014, 01:52 PM
see weed why dont you open an online account, faster and cheaper than phone orders.

I do have an online account, but as Moosie mentions above ...asb can not do NZAX trades online , but did tell me last December that they will look into it in the new year, which is now. But wait, there's more, i am still on dail up , and have to turn my computer off to phone asb. But wait again! there's more. In bed the other night , i thought . i am silly, why don't i use my old cell phone to ring asb , then will not have to turn computer off. What a laugh :D

Theracay
03-03-2014, 02:35 PM
I do have an online account, but as Moosie mentions above ...asb can not do NZAX trades online , but did tell me last December that they will look into it in the new year, which is now. But wait, there's more, i am still on dail up , and have to turn my computer off to phone asb. But wait again! there's more. In bed the other night , i thought . i am silly, why don't i use my old cell phone to ring asb , then will not have to turn computer off. What a laugh :D

Anz (and I guess direct broking) doesn't require you to call up.
So I will always use that account for any nzax trades. Asb's calling up sounds like a hassle I never bothered with nzax trades with them.

Edit: after reading moosies post I suppose I just repeated what he said.

blackcap
03-03-2014, 02:38 PM
As the shareprice hits 10.5c. That begs the question... who was buying this morning on the open at 12.3?

blackcap
03-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Or it was more people who thought that "record revenues" and "million dollar" months were a good opportunity to buy...

bull....
03-03-2014, 03:06 PM
2 day trade im out, never again to touch this type of spec stuff where ya have to use a ph to trade lol

blackcap
03-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Whoever it was, thanks for letting my father exit at the last possible moment :)

Nice one moosie... good call mate.

Balance
03-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Announcement is out so executives and directors now free to sell again.

And looks like they did not wait long to start feeding the last remaining ducks?

blackcap
03-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Announcement is out so executives and directors now free to sell again.

And looks like they did not wait long to start feeding the last remaining ducks?

Does not look like there are many left does it. Balance, do you know what the restrictions are on execs and directors selling out of SNK in the run up to an annoucement? Is that an NZX edict or is every company different?

Snow Leopard
03-03-2014, 03:28 PM
So a 'operating profit' on a quarterly revenue of $2M258, and a $1M dollar month.

A market cap of about $28M (any hidden shares to crawl out of the woodwork?) and let us assume some continued revenue growth.

Ignore all the absolute c*** written here and look at the numbers with an open mind.

Maybe this does have a little bit of potential :blink:.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Longhaul
03-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Some quotes from today's NBR article:

"Sales were $2.3 million, in the three months ended Dec. 31, including more than $1 million for December, the first month it has exceeded that mark, the Auckland-based company said in a statement. That allowed Snakk to record its first quarterly operating profit, $27,000, which will be reinvested in the business."

"Our sales operations are profitable," Mark Ryan, group chief executive told BusinessDesk in an email. "There are good margins in this business, for every ad we target and send to a smartphone or tablet app, game or site, we clip the ticket. We aim to buy for $1, and sell for $2."

winner69
03-03-2014, 04:46 PM
So a 'operating profit' on a quarterly revenue of $2M258, and a $1M dollar month.

A market cap of about $28M (any hidden shares to crawl out of the woodwork?) and let us assume some continued revenue growth.

Ignore all the absolute c*** written here and look at the numbers with an open mind.

Maybe this does have a little bit of potential :blink:.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

A good challenge

No emotion ... just what numbers are saying

Revenue growth seems to have a bit of seasonality problems so to 'smooth' that out just look at a rolling 4 quarters total.

For the last 5 quarters the rolling 4 quarters totals are 31%, 14%, 18%, 25% and 15% ahead of what it was the previous quarter. In other words annual sales base increases by these %ages in the quarter

A bit of a pattern ... good and reasonably consistent sales growth. If we assumed 15% into the future March qtr sales would be 1.9M bring FY14 sales to $7.2m and FY15 would be $12.5m

Breakeven seems to be around current quarterly sales level $8m pluss annual so even if this increases during FY15 a reasonable profit in FY15 on $12m plus sales looks feasible

Chart below is sales trends with the 15% increase each quarter (rolling 4 qtr total increasing by 15% each quarter)

Moosie likes price to sales thingie ..... $12m plus times what mossie?

No emotion and no intention to buy SNK (as MBE is enough) but off to see Mark to see if I done a good job for him. Maybe Derek might even give me a call as well. Hope oog and his mate don't agree - that would give the game away

Blue Horseshoe
03-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the great figures Mark and the rest Snakk team.
Good to see our company is in good hands.

Balance
03-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the great figures Mark and the rest Snakk team.
Good to see our company is in good hands.

You forgot to thank them for the great PR spins as well - so that the ducks are lined up to be fed by the Derek, his brother, the big shareholders etc.

Best PR spin was the 'stock overhang is over', sp is going up so get in line.

Mark forgot to add the bit about the feed being prepared!

zspoon
03-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Moosie, are you drunk?

couta1
03-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Hey Moosie isn't the biggest irony that this time last year you were the snakk evangelist(I was one of your converts) and now your their grim reaper:cool:

cyclist
03-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Actually, that doesn't sound like moosie. I hope he hasn't been hacked.

Whipmoney
03-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Balance clear your inbox..

clip
03-03-2014, 08:11 PM
moosie has gone full moose..

Whipmoney
03-03-2014, 08:15 PM

Everybody knows you never go full retard.

couta1
03-03-2014, 08:17 PM
The only cure is a good dose of maple syrup as a Snakk

Whipmoney
03-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Speelling seems allrite so must be sobber methinks

Clear your inbox.

Zouga
03-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Noted Mossie

kizame
03-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Reading this thread is like going back to kindergarten.
Moosie Grow up! thought you would have had more sensible stuff to contribute,and you were the one pumping the the backside off this stock a while ago.
Expect better from you.

nextbigthing
03-03-2014, 08:53 PM

Moosie has been hacked.

Vince
03-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Guys,

For the record "The Moose was hacked".

Regards,
Vince

Copper
03-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Everybody knows you never go full retard.

Can you have a look at your profile it has Moosie's posts and private messages on it. You may have been hacked too....regards Copper

Copper
03-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Can you have a look at your profile it has Moosie's posts and private messages on it. You may have been hacked too....regards Copper

To the odd poster just look at your profile as I came across another that seemed to have a friend and thus a lot of stuff may not have meant to be exposed.I may be going nuts but after the earlier performance I thought I better mention something.

Whipmoney
03-03-2014, 09:52 PM

How you mean? Can't see anything?

Copper
03-03-2014, 09:57 PM
How you mean? Can't see anything?

Hi... If I look at your profile I see some four or five of your recent posts then a dozen or more of Moosie's.I can also access a visitor message.Am not prying and as my post said I may be losing it.I picked a member who had Moosie as a friend and I could access private message on his profile sight also.Hope this helps or sorts something. Regards

Whipmoney
03-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi... If I look at your profile I see some four or five of your recent posts then a dozen or more of Moosie's.I can also access a visitor message.Am not prying and as my post said I may be losing it.I picked a member who had Moosie as a friend and I could access private message on his profile sight also.Hope this helps or sorts something. Regards

I think that's just because I have him as a friend and his activity shows up in my feed. Can only see forum posts and not anything private?

Longhaul
03-03-2014, 10:10 PM
I think that's just because I have him as a friend and his activity shows up in my feed. Can only see forum posts and not anything private?

I believe your private parts are safe Whipmoney, I can't see anything unusual on your member profile.

Copper
03-03-2014, 10:16 PM
I believe your private parts are safe Whipmoney, I can't see anything unusual on your member profile.

Problem all sorted by Whipmoney.Sorry to raise the alarm. Off to bed after eventful night .Bye Bye.

nextbigthing
03-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Moosie, are you drunk?

No. No I'm all good, just Snakking on these apples.

see weed
04-03-2014, 09:15 AM
NZ Business Herald page 2 and page 6 . Snakk sp drop because of high kiwi dollar. But i think it also had something to do with Sharetrader Snakk holders selling out. :mellow:

Copper
04-03-2014, 12:39 PM
NZ Business Herald page 2 and page 6 . Snakk sp drop because of high kiwi dollar. But i think it also had something to do with Sharetrader Snakk holders selling out. :mellow:
I think you are right....Hope this thread starts up again soon after all the drama.

silverblizzard888
04-03-2014, 02:55 PM
It would appear Snakk has postpone their Asia announcement till next month.

"Snakk Media has eye on Asia"

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/business/237798/snakk-media-has-eye-on-asia

Snow Leopard
04-03-2014, 04:02 PM

"Snakk Media has eye on Asia"

Snakk Media chief executive Mark Ryan said there was a lot of planning to do first.

"Asia really is a region of contrasts. There's a lot of difference in how the landscape is there between the countries," he said.

Good that he realises that.

Talk to markets = ?

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Balance
04-03-2014, 06:47 PM

Snakk Media has eye on Asia"

Snakk Media chief executive Mark Ryan said there was a lot of planning to do first.

"Asia really is a region of contrasts. There's a lot of difference in how the landscape is there between the countries," he said.

Do my eyes deceive me? This cannot be true!!!!!

Amazing revelation - next he will be saying that the people there act and look different.

So much for the growth opportunities of Asia.

PS. The ducks loved it though when Snakes told them of how Snakk was going to be a powerful regional player!

Copper
07-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Sign of desolation....No posters,no turnover ,no hackers,no ducks and snakes ,no wild Canadian animals,no sounds in the night..must be the weather....may as well go off to XRO thread....

Dentie
07-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Sign of desolation....No posters,no turnover ,no hackers,no ducks and snakes ,no wild Canadian animals,no sounds in the night..must be the weather....may as well go off to XRO thread....

Balance has chased everyone away ...........

couta1
07-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Everyone is all Snakked out:cool:But wait the price is going up:ohmy: more ducks gathering quack quack

Dentie
07-03-2014, 12:06 PM
My god, someone has purchased 90k+ shares this morning - pushed the price back up to 11c. How dare they!!!!

Waiting for the inevitable tirade to come.........

Harvey Specter
07-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Balance has chased everyone away ...........Between the major holders selling, Balance lambasting everyone who says anything positive, and Fake Moosie spamming the thread, it is probably a good idea that thread is taking a rest until we get some new news, either sales or SSH notice.

Copper
07-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Between the major holders selling, Balance lambasting everyone who says anything positive, and Fake Moosie spamming the thread, it is probably a good idea that thread is taking a rest until we get some new news, either sales or SSH notice.

Good call,couldn't agree more.Had a thought that the thread may be operating somewhere else.After the performance earlier in the week I thought Vince may have politely given a few a bit of his gentle guidance .cheers all....

Cobber
07-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Snakks currently in Auckland doing the rounds with media agencies with their product deck.

They need to do a better job educating investors about their IP and products as they really do have some incredible offerings that I am sure is not being replicated by any competitor (think location based smartphone advertising and Facebook profiling for display advertising).

I don't recall seeing any ducks or bread though... ;)

Good call,couldn't agree more.Had a thought that the thread may be operating somewhere else.After the performance earlier in the week I thought Vince may have politely given a few a bit of his gentle guidance .cheers all....

ari
07-03-2014, 02:52 PM
I'll read anything.........http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140303214011-90512-life-is-short-no-time-to-invest-in-average-ideas?fb_action_ids=10150369097494996&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Another excellent read.....http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140219143722-90512-what-i-ve-learned-from-two-years-with-richard-branson

Copper
07-03-2014, 03:29 PM
I'll read anything.........http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140303214011-90512-life-is-short-no-time-to-invest-in-average-ideas?fb_action_ids=10150369097494996&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582[/url
Another excellent read.....[url]http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140219143722-90512-what-i-ve-learned-from-two-years-with-richard-branson
Ari....I can hear Balance stirring....cheers.

Cobber
07-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Ari....I can hear Balance stirring....cheers.

It's heading into friday arvo... I'm sure Balance will be out enjoying himself like the rest of us soon.

Beer o'clock beckons.

blocker3
12-03-2014, 10:14 AM
It's heading into friday arvo... I'm sure Balance will be out enjoying himself like the rest of us soon.

Beer o'clock beckons.

Now that everyone is asleep in this room after the war of words party I can turn out the lights....Its so peaceful and nice and quiet .

SSSSHHHHHHH ...

couta1
13-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Quack quack...
Welcome back to Snakkville Moosie,the towns deserted but the Snakks are still flowing for the hungry ducks:cool:

jonu
13-03-2014, 09:37 PM
*Peers out around the corner of the vending machine with a Hershey bar in hoof and looks for Balance*

The "Roar" is coming on now Moosie, so keep your back to the wall or maybe do some serious grunting/quacking (whatever it is moose do)of your own. You don't want a boisterous stag lining you up for a Snakk.:ohmy:

robbo24
14-03-2014, 08:13 AM
My MACD (MOOSIE AVERAGE CONVERGANCE DIVERGANCE) chart indicates that moosie will start talking up Snakk again soon.

Blendy
14-03-2014, 08:38 AM
My MACD (MOOSIE AVERAGE CONVERGANCE DIVERGANCE) chart indicates that moosie will start talking up Snakk again soon.

Like :)

haha!

Balance
14-03-2014, 08:50 AM
according to ballance the only reason anyone continuely state's the negative about any stock is to down ramp so they can purchase the stock lower.
If Balance is right me thinks, after all his out spoken negative comments on this thread and now all so quiet, he has now loaded up with snakk shares and has no more negative things to say.

Haha - trying to misquote yours truly here?

Someone professes to hold a stock and continuously writes negative postings - what does that suggest?

Have a look at the latest share register and you can see who's buying but more important, who's selling.

blocker3
14-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Ok the lights are back on in this room.

I never knew that a moose could make a "quack quack" sound!!!! LMAO.

How come someone wants to buy at 11c this morning?

J R Ewing
14-03-2014, 10:04 AM

I think this been answered before on other threads. it just puts you first in line for the opening trades, at wherever the opening price reconciles.

Balance
14-03-2014, 10:11 AM

Best $10k spent by those who are selling?

Got to keep corralling those ducks with a false sense of value.

blocker3
14-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I think this been answered before on other threads. it just puts you first in line for the opening trades, at wherever the opening price reconciles.

Hi J R Ewing

The next buy below was .103 and he/she ended up with a purchase price of .109 from an opening request of .11

Cheers

Cobber
14-03-2014, 11:24 AM
according to ballance the only reason anyone continuely state's the negative about any stock is to down ramp so they can purchase the stock lower.
If Balance is right me thinks, after all his out spoken negative comments on this thread and now all so quiet, he has now loaded up with snakk shares and has no more negative things to say.

These are my exact same thoughts. How else does a day trader make a living.

Balance
14-03-2014, 11:34 AM

From the mouth of babes!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10400441

Have a read of the above article and it gives you an insight into the sort of characters you are dealing with.

Meanwhile, Derek is very quick to let everyone know he bought 4,000 shares in Sky TV - vote of confidence, see?

But not a whisper about him selling and selling Snakes.

Wonder why?

Harvey Specter
14-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Meanwhile, Derek is very quick to let everyone know he bought 4,000 shares in Sky TV - vote of confidence, see?When a millionaire buys less than $25k of shares in a company he is intimately involved in, I take no confidence. It is probably only a 1/4 of his annual fee and the Chairman probably made him buy!

Balance
14-03-2014, 11:58 AM
When a millionaire buys less than $25k of shares in a company he is intimately involved in, I take no confidence. It is probably only a 1/4 of his annual fee and the Chairman probably made him buy!

Exactly - tokenism at its worse.

Contrast that with his selling of Snakk shares - the attempt to 'hide' the selling within the context of donating shares to charity.

Sell the charity shares and give the cash to the charity to carry out courses in how to invest, I would suggest.

boofters
14-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Exactly - tokenism at its worse.

Contrast that with his selling of Snakk shares - the attempt to 'hide' the selling within the context of donating shares to charity.

Sell the charity shares and give the cash to the charity to carry out courses in how to invest, I would suggest.

Can someone private message me when Balance has been removed from this forum. It is very boring.

RTM
14-03-2014, 02:54 PM
From the mouth of babes!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10400441

Have a read of the above article and it gives you an insight into the sort of characters you are dealing with.

Meanwhile, Derek is very quick to let everyone know he bought 4,000 shares in Sky TV - vote of confidence, see?

But not a whisper about him selling and selling Snakes.

Wonder why?

Don't share that perspective at all. Even tho Balance does go on a bit, he does provide a contrarian view many times on many threads that I for one appreciate. We need that other perspective. And it doesn't seem to me that this is done from the perspective of ramping down( or up). Way to consistent with his message for that.

Balance
14-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Can someone private message me when Balance has been removed from this forum. It is very boring.

Haha - ironical how many PMs I have received (verifiable by admin) from other posters asking me to keep highlighting what the snakes are up to.

Suggest you stick to Snakk's website if you want to be brainwashed with positivity.

My postings are not for the likes of you. :D

Harvey Specter
14-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Was anyone else surprised that Handley only purchased $20k worth of shares. I thought this guy was supposed to be loaded, one of NZ's great entrepreneurs and investors....??Forced to by the Chairman is my guess - token support.

Balance
14-03-2014, 03:45 PM
OK, could be right. I couldn't find Handley on the "rich list" for NZ, do you know where he ranks in NZ?

Boofters will know as he believes in investing with rich buggers surrounded by wealthy people. (per his posting).

boofters
14-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Boofters will know as he believes in investing with rich buggers surrounded by wealthy people. (per his posting).

My boredom reference was to do with your angle Balance..I get it! "Contrast that with his selling of Snakk shares"...I am bored with the repititive nature of it, not the angle itself I respect all opinions.

Balance
14-03-2014, 04:05 PM
My boredom reference was to do with your angle Balance..I get it! "Contrast that with his selling of Snakk shares"...I am bored with the repititive nature of it, not the angle itself I respect all opinions.

Goes to the heart of understanding Derek as a character - he certainly has got the NZ Herald and a few journalists in the palm of his hand (probably after wining, dining and feeding them information etc) - so he is quick to get them to highlight his 'great' deeds.

The contrast of his buying of a few miserable SKT shares with his Snakk shares selling is pertinent - because the NZ Herald and other journos steered well clear of covering his selling of millions of shares, but NZ Herald covered his miserable purchase of 4K shares in SKT!

Which event (ie. SKT or SNK) do you honestly think is more worthy of coverage in the media?

Cannot BS me - been around the maypole too many times. :D

Copper
14-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Balance and others.....Before we all go around the maypole again what would be the chance of Derek and all his cuzzy bro's and all the other original hangers on selling up completely and leaving Snakk to be run by Mark Ryan and others and they go elsewhere like intergalactic missions etc...Just a thought for this fine day....

Balance
14-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Balance and others.....Before we all go around the maypole again what would be the chance of Derek and all his cuzzy bro's and all the other original hangers on selling up completely and leaving Snakk to be run by Mark Ryan and others and they go elsewhere like intergalactic missions etc...Just a thought for this fine day....

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/248245

In answer tom your question, here's another 770,000 at 6.5c

boofters
14-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Jeepers, if we banned all members simply because they bored other members I think I'd be gone long ago :)

hahaha...fair point!

It was just a moment alright..Balance, I'd love to hear something else other than Directors selling...pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssseeeeeeee

winner69
14-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Haha, fair enough. Well today's announcement would have me a little concerned if I were a holder so that should prove to be an interesting talking point. I am not well versed in these types of things so genuinely need it explained to me if someone would be willing!

770000 were issued to 'key contractors' last year ..... maybe it be them

Balance
14-03-2014, 06:23 PM
770000 were issued to 'key contractors' last year ..... maybe it be them

Bound to be and bound for the market - the options have one more year to run so why exercise now unless they want to take a quick profit.

winner69
14-03-2014, 06:57 PM
them meaning? I presume there is no way to find out who right? Seems dodgy to me. Why such a low price? No doubt we start seeing some more selling pressure coming up!

them being the subject of todays notice .....maybe they were another 770000 floating around

The 770000 options were issued March 2013 .... shares in lieu of cash for services rendered?

Remember there were 1.5m converted in early Feb ,,,, some were the guy who did all the paperwork listing SNK

Balance
14-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Ah OK, cool. I got ya. Sorry I don't follow this one anymore. Just pop into the thread out of interest every now and then. So sounds pretty reasonable? or is it a bit dodgy?? Presumably shareholders know what is going on as it is their company after all.

Judging by the reaction to the last options exercised of 1.5m @ 5c which were immediately sold onto the market on release of good news, shareholders seemed blissfully unaware until the event!

Nice $105,000 profit for the option holder.

Balance
15-03-2014, 11:05 AM
My reading of the haste with which the 770,000 options have been exercised is that there is an awareness that the game is up - 'good' news now is always followed by selling (including from Chairman and executive director) so best to get the hell out while the sp is holding up.

Snow Leopard
15-03-2014, 01:25 PM
My reading of the haste with which the 770,000 options have been exercised is that there is an awareness that the game is up - 'good' news now is always followed by selling (including from Chairman and executive director) so best to get the hell out while the sp is holding up.

Or maybe his/her partner wants to extend the house - it would be alright then would it not?

"Yesterday Darling said it was purely coincidental that he and Swan had sold shares around the same time.

He sold his shares to help fund an extension to a house he had just bought (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11219188)"

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Balance
15-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Or maybe his/her partner wants to extend the house - it would be alright then would it not?

"Yesterday Darling said it was purely coincidental that he and Swan had sold shares around the same time.

He sold his shares to help fund an extension to a house he had just bought (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11219188)"

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

That's like comparing what is happening in the Crimea now with what's happening in Scotland - both voting for independence but what a difference!

Question for you, PT - how many years do you think DD dedicate to PEB to make it the success that it is today? how long has Snakk being around and what has the option holders done to deserve their freebies?

BTW - noboby could have been more wrong with PEB and the direction of the company's sp and business as ...you know who! :D

Cobber
17-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Haha - ironical how many PMs I have received (verifiable by admin) from other posters asking me to keep highlighting what the snakes are up to.

Suggest you stick to Snakk's website if you want to be brainwashed with positivity.

My postings are not for the likes of you. :D

Ummm so far this financial year they have done $5.5 million in revenue and growing.

This is hardly a repeat of Plus SMS who had no revenue at all.

If handley is selling, great... more power to him.

Cobber
17-03-2014, 10:55 AM
OK, could be right. I couldn't find Handley on the "rich list" for NZ, do you know where he ranks in NZ?

Probably nowhere is my pick. He built a global business that never made any money, which got sold for peanuts after the GFC hit.

I'm picking current Snakk management are very aware of how important delivering a profit sooner rather than later is. Building a global business with no profit or eco-system lock-in is a waste of time.

Balance
17-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Probably nowhere is my pick. He built a global business that never made any money, which got sold for peanuts after the GFC hit.

I'm picking current Snakk management are very aware of how important delivering a profit sooner rather than later is. Building a global business with no profit or eco-system lock-in is a waste of time.

Snakk management very aware they have to keep pumping out the 'good' news - so their masters can sell their overvalued shares.

That is the long and short of it.

couta1
17-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Hey Cobber we are still all waiting for your evidence that SLI are failing as you posted on here a few weeks ago,apart from normal fluctuations in share price I see no evidence to back up your claim?

Cobber
17-03-2014, 11:11 AM

My theory is that handley and all his co-horts lost money on Hyperfactory. Snakk was a way to recoup some losses.

The upside is that they employed guys like Ryan who is actually having a bloody good crack at turning this company into something.... I'm picking them to eclipse $7 mill in rev for the full financial year.

So the question for handley and his mates is, how desperate for money are they. Can they wait for the share price to go higher as the company grows.... or do they need the cash? how many of them borrowed money to invest in hyperfactory?? Lots of hidden questions.... but if you push them all to 1 side and look at the management team and the company on its own.... there is also a lot to like.

With Ryan now becoming the face of the company, its becoming clear that the board realises that handley has too much negative history in NZ and that pictures of Richard Branson only get you a couple of free press articles before people start to look at your numbers.

Cobber
17-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Goes to the heart of understanding Derek as a character - he certainly has got the NZ Herald and a few journalists in the palm of his hand (probably after wining, dining and feeding them information etc) - so he is quick to get them to highlight his 'great' deeds.

The contrast of his buying of a few miserable SKT shares with his Snakk shares selling is pertinent - because the NZ Herald and other journos steered well clear of covering his selling of millions of shares, but NZ Herald covered his miserable purchase of 4K shares in SKT!

Which event (ie. SKT or SNK) do you honestly think is more worthy of coverage in the media?

Cannot BS me - been around the maypole too many times. :D

The Herald is nothing more than a great pile of press releases. Craigs Investment put out a fantastic one last week on Trade Me obviously trying to pump up TME's share price. Their research was completely out of sync with reality though and I couldn't understand why someone at the Herald didn't research the release more before publishing.

Cobber
17-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Cobber, as I have stated many times, if you want to undeestand Handley and read into numbers then read his book "Heart to Start". These questions have been answered by how much selling has been ongoing in SNK imho.

I've read the book.

winner69
17-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Wonder if cobber is one of those 'selected contractors' who cashed their options in and now looking for a good price?

Just a random thought due to the timing if cobbers coming and goings on this thread

Balance
17-03-2014, 11:22 AM
My theory is that handley and all his co-horts lost money on Hyperfactory. Snakk was a way to recoup some losses.

The upside is that they employed guys like Ryan who is actually having a bloody good crack at turning this company into something.... I'm picking them to eclipse $7 mill in rev for the full financial year.

So the question for handley and his mates is, how desperate for money are they. Can they wait for the share price to go higher as the company grows.... or do they need the cash? how many of them borrowed money to invest in hyperfactory?? Lots of hidden questions.... but if you push them all to 1 side and look at the management team and the company on its own.... there is also a lot to like.

With Ryan now becoming the face of the company, its becoming clear that the board realises that handley has too much negative history in NZ and that pictures of Richard Branson only get you a couple of free press articles before people start to look at your numbers.

Not true - Derek is written up very positively as one of those who failed and has made good - an up and coming entrepreneurs (board seat on Sky TV, Team B, IT guru who made millions on Facebook and Twitter etc).

Heck, he has bought a ticket on his mate's Richard Branson's space flight - US$200k.

Snakk has no competitive edge in the industry - that much is clear as the question has been asked many times and the silence is deafening.

Balance
17-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Wonder if cobber is one of those 'selected contractors' who cashed their options in and now looking for a good price?

Just a random thought due to the timing if cobbers coming and goings on this thread

:D :D :D

Nail on the head?

Cobber
17-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Snakk management very aware they have to keep pumping out the 'good' news - so their masters can sell their overvalued shares.

That is the long and short of it.

Every listed business has an obligation to continue pumping out the good news otherwise their share prices would go nowhere.

Snakk's good news is growing revenue.... the kind of good news you want to hear from all companies you have invested in. I don't think the masters have that much power in Snakk anymore... if Ryan got fed up with the games and left.... then the masters will loose as the bottom will fall out of this stock.

Cobber
17-03-2014, 11:31 AM

Nail on the head?

I wish... but I wouldn't be selling them if I did get them.

Balance
17-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Every listed business has an obligation to continue pumping out the good news otherwise their share prices would go nowhere.

Snakk's good news is growing revenue.... the kind of good news you want to hear from all companies you have invested in. I don't think the masters have that much power in Snakk anymore... if Ryan got fed up with the games and left.... then the masters will loose as the bottom will fall out of this stock.

Try explaining the 'good' news that the stock overhang was over.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/246640

To be followed by even more selling.

Cobber
17-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Not true - Derek is written up very positively as one of those who failed and has made good - an up and coming entrepreneurs (board seat on Sky TV, Team B, IT guru who made millions on Facebook and Twitter etc).

Heck, he has bought a ticket on his mate's Richard Branson's space flight - US$200k.

Snakk has no competitive edge in the industry - that much is clear as the question has been asked many times and the silence is deafening.

OK my last post for today. I think he would have paid himself quite handsomely while at Hyperfactory and those are the funds he lives off. As stated in his book, he doesn't even own a house (when he was quizzed by Branson).

He worked for Branson for free, but I'm sure his space flight ticket came with some big discounts attached. Plan B, I don't see him making much out of that... the entire reason for Plan B's existence is that its against paying individuals stupid sums of money.

A board seat at SkyTV doesn't mean much.... those guys are fighting piracy and about to take on Telecom. They need his knowledge for their upcoming battles.

IT guru who made millions on Facebook and twitter.... it wasn't all his money and he only makes money if he sold the shares. I also think those articles include more puff than actual reality. You can get the press to say anything these days....

Snakk's competitive edge is the algorithms they license for ad networks. They have rights for those in NZ, Australia and first rights for Asia. Hence why they need to get into Asia sooner rather than later, as they could loose them.

If you look at SLI, in their prospectus they stated their intellectual property came from Open Source. They don't even own the algorithms which is quite dangerous because it means their biggest competition is actually web developers integrated those search algorithms directly into their Content Management Systems and making the technology free as part of their added value. The CEO of SLI admitted this a week or so ago in NBR in the questions. I don't think SLI will have any problems in the short term, but rather the long term.

Google, Bing, even Facebook and Apple.... they all license algorithms that do different things.

Snakk seems to have some good algorithms that go a lot further than traditional desktop ad serving technologies. Specifically they interrogate a person's Facebook profile before displaying an ad which means the advertising is even more targeted at an individual. You can quite acccurately run a campaign that targets females in a relationship between 26 - 40 years of age. Something even Google struggles to do. They can also show you an advertisement on your phone based on your location.

I think at the next AGM, Snakk needs to do a better job at communicating their technology rather than focusing on the industry growth prospects. Gotta go boys.

Copper
17-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Golly,I'm a little tired after all that intense stuff.No one got angry either. Rather refreshing.....time for a cuppa I think...

Balance
17-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Plan B, I don't see him making much out of that... the entire reason for Plan B's existence is that its against paying individuals stupid sums of money.

Who is fooling who? Shares issued at 0.5c with no escrow or restrictions - stupid sums of money indeed!

Cobber
17-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Who is fooling who? Shares issued at 0.5c with no escrow or restrictions - stupid sums of money indeed!

Are we talking about the same thing?

http://bteam.org/

It's not a listed company.

Balance
17-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Are we talking about the same thing?

http://bteam.org/

It's not a listed company.

Snakk is a Team B company, dedicated to making sure that people are not paid stupid sums of money.

What is issuing shares and options at 0.5c, with no restrictions?

It's about paying people stupid sums of money - with help from Snakk pumping out the good news to help them make stupid sums of money.

Balance
17-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Meanwhile, it looks like the option exercised of 770,000 shares still have at least 500,000 shares to go.

Time to stick up your hands for a few more 'cheap' shares, Cobber?

Cobber
17-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Snakk is a Team B company, dedicated to making sure that people are not paid stupid sums of money.

What is issuing shares and options at 0.5c, with no restrictions?

It's about paying people stupid sums of money - with help from Snakk pumping out the good news to help them make stupid sums of money.

All listed companies pump out good news Balance. You just have to work out which is fact and which is fiction.

Good news that rates in my book are increasing revenue's. It's real cashflow on the bottom line.

Anyone who bought Plus SMS shares and bought into their good news were complete idiots. They had no revenue. I get the feeling you were bitten by Mr Handley in the past. I know others who I advised against buying Plus SMS went ahead and lost large sums.

Your concerns about him and his friends are real and I applaud you for your efforts to warn others about his past endeavors. But I really do think that outside of these individuals lies a company that could really take off.

I've seen it in the past with ad networks that target traditional desktops.... growing NZ and AU revenue's into the multi millions. But the market is moving quickly into tablets and smartphones.

I get great results for my clients incorporating Snakk into their media plans....

I only hope that Snakk moves to listing on the ASX so a lot of the bull**** that surrounds the NZAX (set-up) is removed. Personally I can't understand why the NZX allows the NZAX to exist when it allows so many shady individuals to rip off Joe Bloggs by publishing worthless "good news" announcements.

Perhaps balance, if they do list on the ASX, we will have you to thank.

Cobber
17-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Meanwhile, it looks like the option exercised of 770,000 shares still have at least 500,000 shares to go.

Time to stick up your hands for a few more 'cheap' shares, Cobber?

Who do I call? ;)

Balance
17-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Who do I call? ;)

Give Mark Ryan a call.

He knows who exercised the options and so who is selling.

Copper
17-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Give Mark Ryan a call.

He knows who exercised the options and so who is selling.

Do you know it's the option holder selling .??? Otherwise it's back to all the same stuff. You have found out today what Snakk does for the first time probably, according to Turmeric.Can you concede that or are algorithms a bit complex???

J R Ewing
17-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Do you know it's the option holder selling .??? Otherwise it's back to all the same stuff. You have found out today what Snakk does for the first time probably, according to Turmeric.Can you concede that or are algorithms a bit complex???
Of course the guy that converted the options is selling. That's the ONLY reason for converting options early. If holding, you retain the options, have your money in the bank or employed elsewhere and take the upside gain while limiting your potential loss to the cost do the options

Copper
17-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Of course the guy that converted the options is selling. That's the ONLY reason for converting options early. If holding, you retain the options, have your money in the bank or employed elsewhere and take the upside gain while limiting your potential loss to the cost do the options

Agree with your assessment but he or she may be a non share market person and are building a glorious pad overlooking New Chums Beach or the like and just want to be in a position of having some shares to sell at three days settlement notice to pay the builder.I was once told, never assume anything .......

Cobber
17-03-2014, 07:54 PM

So why didn't this person exercise their options when the share price was 15 cents, or 13 cents or 12 cents??

Maybe because they didn't have the cash flow to pay for them??

The reality is that you are guessing like the rest of us and I reckon they are bad guesses at best.

If this person as illustrated in an earlier post was paid options to do the paperwork for a Snakk listing, then this supports my theory that Handley didn't have the funds available to pay for the work himself. Such equity deals are done all the time for the acquisition of sorts of skills.

My thinking is that this person had to find the $50k to pay for the options.... to think that anyone has access to this kind of cash is delusional at best (especially if said persons have a family and mortgage).

Balance
17-03-2014, 08:28 PM
So why didn't this person exercise their options when the share price was 15 cents, or 13 cents or 12 cents??

Maybe because they didn't have the cash flow to pay for them??

The reality is that you are guessing like the rest of us and I reckon they are bad guesses at best.

If this person as illustrated in an earlier post was paid options to do the paperwork for a Snakk listing, then this supports my theory that Handley didn't have the funds available to pay for the work himself. Such equity deals are done all the time for the acquisition of sorts of skills.

My thinking is that this person had to find the $50k to pay for the options.... to think that anyone has access to this kind of cash is delusional at best (especially if said persons have a family and mortgage).

Sigh.

1. They were 2 years options with ability to exercise on first anniversary of issue - check annual report 2013. So could not be exercised earlier even if the holder wanted to.

2. $50k is bugger all really. If need to, borrow from F&F and repay within a week, on sale of shares.

In any case, so much then for those who are investing with the wealthy elite if what you believe is true.

Balance
17-03-2014, 08:32 PM

Go to PEB and learn all about algorithms and the role they play.

Every two bit IT company now tries to hoodwink investors with their proprietary algorithms - like the unique bar codings on food packaging. Heck, every freaking computer programing involves use of algorithms - you are trying to teach some of us how to squeeze lemons?

I am not impressed in the slightest.

Bitcoin smartly used algorithms to sting investors out of tens of millions so far.

Cobber
17-03-2014, 08:47 PM

Every two bit IT company now tries to hoodwink investors with their proprietary algorithms - like the unique bar codings on food packaging. I am not impressed in the slightest.

Bitcoin smartly used algorithms to sting investors out of tens of millions so far.

As stated those algorithms work for me and my clients. My experience on the sales they bring my clients versus other providers who didn't perform make them a constant in my media buying suppliers. I understand why media companies are spending more and more with Snakk.

Hence their increasing revenues every quarter.

Bitcoin is still very early on.... I guess you could say its a currency on an unregulated market like the NZAX. Still they aren't any different to banks that went bankrupt during the GFC. There wasn't any protection in there for the common man either.

Cobber
17-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Sigh.

1. They were 2 years options with ability to exercise on first anniversary of issue - check annual report 2013. So could not be exercised earlier even if the holder wanted to.

2. $50k is bugger all really. If need to, borrow from F&F and repay within a week, on sale of shares.

In any case, so much then for those who are investing with the wealthy elite if what you believe is true.

If the person chose to keep their shares, then $50k isn't bugger all. Borrowing that kind of money would be foolish when you have guys like yourself undermining the stock to drop the share price so you can buy in again knowing that within 2 months they will probably have $7 mill or more in revenue and potentially dual list on ASX, thus causing the share price to increase which you could then profit off greatly.

Come on Balance.... guys like you don't sit in rooms like this dissing the company for weeks and weeks on end without any shares... for the simple pleasure of it. You have motivation like everyone else.

Harvey Specter
17-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Of course the guy that converted the options is selling. That's the ONLY reason for converting options early. If holding, you retain the options, have your money in the bank or employed elsewhere and take the upside gain while limiting your potential loss to the cost do the optionsMaybe he is thinking of leaving so had to exercise or they would be forfeited, or

Maybe for tax reasons, he decided to exercise while the price is low!!!!!

clip
17-03-2014, 08:58 PM

Every two bit IT company now tries to hoodwink investors with their proprietary algorithms - like the unique bar codings on food packaging. Heck, every freaking computer programing involves use of algorithms - you are trying to teach some of us how to squeeze lemons?

I am not impressed in the slightest.

I disagree with the bitcoin statement, bitcoin is a constant the only thing stringing investors out of millions are the other investors buying and selling the bitcoins themselves, such as any other commodity. The same could be said for any share - for every trade someone is making a profit and someone is making a loss

Balance
17-03-2014, 09:02 PM
If the person chose to keep their shares, then $50k isn't bugger all. Borrowing that kind of money would be foolish when you have guys like yourself undermining the stock to drop the share price so you can buy in again knowing that within 2 months they will probably have $7 mill or more in revenue and potentially dual list on ASX, thus causing the share price to increase which you could then profit off greatly.

Come on Balance.... guys like you don't sit in rooms like this dissing the company for weeks and weeks on end without any shares... for the simple pleasure of it. You have motivation like everyone else.

You give yourself away with that kind of assertion.

IMO, Snakk shares are fit only for mugs, waiting to get mugged. That's why those who have a hand creating them are flicking them out as fast as they can. :D

Meanwhile, you are starting to sound like the posters in Pike River and NZOG who accused me of all kind of dastardly deeds when I was cautioning them of the gross mismanagement happening in those two companies. I was ramping their share prices down to buy them cheaper etc. So sure of themselves, they could never see the sequence of mishaps, delays and cost overruns as indicative of a company in trouble.

After Pike River blew up and investors lost everything, some of the posters still accuse me of having ulterior motives. Some attacked government departments for causing the explosion!

Backdoor listing, no forecasts, PR releases talking up the greatness of the founding Chairman, big holders selling shares as fast as they can, Chairman and executives joining in the selling etc - there is a pattern here many are choosing to ignore.

Algorithms, kiss my arse. :D

Cobber
17-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Weeks and weeks on end? Come on Cobber get your facts right. Balance been doing this for months and months on end ;) Can't say I think he is in fact going to be buying though mate, just my personal opinion though of I guy I have never met....grain of salt and all that....

I only discovered this place a few weeks back... so if its been months and months.... I have to ask myself what his motivation is if he isn't profiting off his efforts in some way.

The same way he holds everyone else to reason, I have to ask the same thing of him.

Cobber
17-03-2014, 09:24 PM
You give yourself away with that kind of assertion.

IMO, Snakk shares are fit only for mugs, waiting to get mugged. That's why those who have a hand creating them are flicking them out as fast as they can. :D

Meanwhile, you are starting to sound like the posters in Pike River and NZOG who accused me of all kind of dastardly deeds when I was cautioning them of the gross mismanagement happening in those two companies. I was ramping their share prices down to buy them cheaper etc. So sure of themselves, they could never see the sequence of mishaps, delays and cost overruns as indicative of a company in trouble.

After Pike River blew up and investors lost everything, some of the posters still accuse me of having ulterior motives. Some attacked government departments for causing the explosion!

Backdoor listing, no forecasts, PR releases talking up the greatness of the founding Chairman, big holders selling shares as fast as they can, Chairman and executives joining in the selling etc - there is a pattern here many are choosing to ignore.

Algorithms, kiss my arse. :D

I always held Bruce Shepherd in high regard. Power to the people.

So you have proof that the chairman of Snakk is selling? I'm sure everyone on this thread would enjoy seeing this proof. If you want to protect us as much as you say above.... we're ready to be convinced.

Balance
17-03-2014, 09:25 PM
I only discovered this place a few weeks back... so if its been months and months.... I have to ask myself what his motivation is if he isn't profiting off his efforts in some way.

The same way he holds everyone else to reason, I have to ask the same thing of him.

Maybe I am trying to be a real Team B player - all for the betterment of my fellow investors. :D

Balance
17-03-2014, 09:29 PM

So you have proof that the chairman of Snakk is selling? I'm sure everyone on this thread would enjoy seeing this proof. If you want to protect us as much as you say above.... we're ready to be convinced.

Sigh - this has been covered many times.

All cleverly hidden in a glowing PR piece about charity etc until you read the fine print.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/246003

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/188005.pdf

Moose certainly got a shock when I pointed it out to him.

jonu
17-03-2014, 09:31 PM

Cobber, why don't you just have a read through the thread, it's all there, instead of having people run round after you.

Snow Leopard
17-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Sigh.

Bigger Sigh

If this is the 770,000 @ 6.5c (and I do not see that they could be anything else) then they are/were convertible at any time up to 2 years from 20-Mar-13.

Now there is the 1,400,000 @ 6.5c consisting of three equal tranches (1,400,000 does not divide by 3 precisely :t_down:) which vest on each of the next three anniversaries of 20-Mar-13 and then they can be converted at any time in the 2 years after vesting. So roll on Thursday.

I have got lost as to where we are on the 5.0c options.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

blackcap
17-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Has anyone else thought of the implication on "reported profits"/ expenses by issuing "discounted" shares for "work done"? Just to throw a spanner in the works :)

Cobber
17-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Sigh - this has been covered many times.

All cleverly hidden in a glowing PR piece about charity etc until you read the fine print.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/246003

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/188005.pdf

Moose certainly got a shock when I pointed it out to him.

Thx Balance.... but what I am interested in knowing is... put Handley to the side and pretend he has no relevance with the business.

A business that increases yearly turnover from say $3.65 mill to over $7 mill within a year (and surely growing).... at what point does the company stand in a position whereby you say that these guys have potential and are a worthwhile investment proposition?

Handley selling some shares is inconsequential to me. I'm not investing in him... I invest in people on the ground who grow the business, not a chairman who lives in New York.

Snow Leopard
17-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Has anyone else thought of the implication on "reported profits"/ expenses by issuing "discounted" shares for "work done"? Just to throw a spanner in the works :)

Note 1.21, Note 3 & Note 5, AR2013

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Cobber
17-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Balance :
Sigh.

Bigger Sigh

If this is the 770,000 @ 6.5c (and I do not see that they could be anything else) then they are/were convertible at any time up to 2 years from 20-Mar-13.

Now there is the 1,400,000 @ 6.5c consisting of three equal tranches (1,400,000 does not divide by 3 precisely :t_down:) which vest on each of the next three anniversaries of 20-Mar-13 and then they can be converted at any time in the 2 years after vesting. So roll on Thursday.

I have got lost as to where we are on the 5.0c options.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

So can we get clarification on this?

Are they as Balance states could not be exercised until first anniversary OR as Paper Tiger states at anytime up until 2 years.

These kinds of details do make a difference to everyone who reads these boards.

Thanks in advance.

Cobber
17-03-2014, 09:58 PM

Well done Blackcap... we kick off against Pakistan in 30mins chap for a warm up match.

Snow Leopard
18-03-2014, 01:04 AM
So can we get clarification on this?

Best you read it for yourself in the last annual report

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Balance
18-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Thx Balance.... but what I am interested in knowing is... put Handley to the side and pretend he has no relevance with the business.

A business that increases yearly turnover from say $3.65 mill to over $7 mill within a year (and surely growing).... at what point does the company stand in a position whereby you say that these guys have potential and are a worthwhile investment proposition?

Handley selling some shares is inconsequential to me. I'm not investing in him... I invest in people on the ground who grow the business, not a chairman who lives in New York.

2 points :

1. You challenged me to produce proof of Chairman selling. That done, you now try and shift the discussion elsewhere. Does not work with me, you should know. If the Chairman selling is of no consequence to you, don't waste our time challenging the fact (yes, fact you did not know and showed no inclination to find out). IF this is how you invest, alarm bells should be ringing.

2. Growing yearly turnover by leaps and bounds without accompanying profit or indication of underlying profitability is the philosophy of a cancer cell - it has no purpose other than to kill at a point in time. If you want to buy growth in revenue numbers, try Rakon and WDT - both excel at growing revenues and making ever bigger losses.

This is where Snakk's backdoor listing does investors and the market ZERO favor - no forecasts to measure the company's progress. As a start up, all the more critical to produce forecasts. Kinda amazes me no shareholder challenged the company as to why before buying the story!

Have a look at Snakk's share register. The absence of institutional investors in there to replace the fleeing big shareholders tells you a lot about what the market thinks of this company.

PS - Next time, Cobber, please do your homework - the annual reports are there to read and the NZX announcements are there as well.

Do that before you try and bamboozle us with algorithms etc. Contact of mine who was the Treasurer of one of NZ's biggest investment banks was using algorithms to manage his trading operations way back in the 1990s. You ever hear of Sun Microsystems and SAP?

Balance
18-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I think what we are seeing is a divergence between commercial perception and market perception.

On the one hand we see a company growing revenues and snapping up clients, a dedicated CEO pushing the company forward and companies that are obviously happy to use the again.

On the other hand, we see a stock constantly being sold down by insiders, including the founding chairman, profits being foregone for lord who knows how long, no forecasts and investors unwilling to support the share price.

May be a good company to contact when advertising, but a terrible company to invest in.

Excellent summary, Moose.

Kinda like Rakon really - great company to buy ever cheaper and better quality products out of, but lousy as an investment except probably for the Robinsons.

Copper
19-03-2014, 06:52 PM
I think the large seller is still in the wings but his broker has not much activity to deal with.Bit of wait and see......

RTM
20-03-2014, 04:55 PM
For you Snkkers

eMarketer: Mobile ads growing 75% in 2014; Google/Facebook to dominate • 7:15 PM
•After growing 105% last year (soundly above a prior forecast of 79%) eMarketer sees global mobile ad sales rising 75% in 2014 to $31.45B.
•Google (GOOG) is expected to account for 46.8% of all that spending; that figure is slightly below 2013's 49.3%.
•An ongoing challenge for Google: Web browsing accounts for only ~20% of smartphone usage, making Google's search ad hegemony less valuable on mobile than on PCs. Helping to offset: Google's AdMob unit remains a top mobile display ad player, and the company is making efforts to integrate mobile app content within search results.
•eMarketer recently predicted mobile search would account for 26.7% of Google's 2014 U.S. ad revenue, up from 19.4% in 2013.
•Facebook (FB), which saw its mobile ad sales rise 4x Y/Y in Q4 and make up 53% of its ad revenue, is expected to have a 21.7% mobile ad share, up from 17.5% in 2013.
•Twitter's (TWTR - 75% of Q4 ad sales from mobile) shares is expected to rise to 2.6% from 2.4%. Pandora's (P - 72% of Q4 ad revenue from mobile) is seen falling to 1.7% from 2.1%, and Millennial Media's (MM - just expanded by merging with rival Jumptap) to 0.7% from 0.8%.

youngatheart
31-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Nice window dressing back above 10 cents. If you take out the block offers in there it appears MAYBE 1 is a genuine bid.

The ducks have fled and are not coming back...
I suspect they're trying their hand at TRS instead as SNK is sooo yesterday's news...

jonu
31-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Nice window dressing back above 10 cents. If you take out the block offers in there it appears MAYBE 1 is a genuine bid.

Looks like your chrystal ball has had a polish again Moosie. Do you have "block offer" antenna in those antlers?:p

ari
31-03-2014, 01:05 PM
one more sleep till April.....were they not going to have some good news in April...or was that another year?

robbo24
01-04-2014, 05:35 PM
This is basically a SNK news announcement haha.

For you Snkkers

eMarketer: Mobile ads growing 75% in 2014; Google/Facebook to dominate • 7:15 PM
•After growing 105% last year (soundly above a prior forecast of 79%) eMarketer sees global mobile ad sales rising 75% in 2014 to $31.45B.
•Google (GOOG) is expected to account for 46.8% of all that spending; that figure is slightly below 2013's 49.3%.
•An ongoing challenge for Google: Web browsing accounts for only ~20% of smartphone usage, making Google's search ad hegemony less valuable on mobile than on PCs. Helping to offset: Google's AdMob unit remains a top mobile display ad player, and the company is making efforts to integrate mobile app content within search results.
•eMarketer recently predicted mobile search would account for 26.7% of Google's 2014 U.S. ad revenue, up from 19.4% in 2013.
•Facebook (FB), which saw its mobile ad sales rise 4x Y/Y in Q4 and make up 53% of its ad revenue, is expected to have a 21.7% mobile ad share, up from 17.5% in 2013.
•Twitter's (TWTR - 75% of Q4 ad sales from mobile) shares is expected to rise to 2.6% from 2.4%. Pandora's (P - 72% of Q4 ad revenue from mobile) is seen falling to 1.7% from 2.1%, and Millennial Media's (MM - just expanded by merging with rival Jumptap) to 0.7% from 0.8%.

see weed
02-04-2014, 04:20 PM
I'm out guys,had a sell order in early at 14c but saw wasn't going to go up on results,took a $1150 bath an expensive loaf of bread,cheers Moosie and Snapiti for pm's

Same here, wow finally out in the nick of time, have sold 94% of my holding which leaves me with about 21000 shares. It has taken 4 weeks to sell down........25 transactions, $10,077.75c loss, $750 fees and a $3514 profit on some trades. Total loss plus fees=$7,313.75c. Ye ha..what a ride, this is better than Disney Land. Whats the next one to take off? can't wait....am loving these rides . Lucky it's all tax deductable . :D

Balance
03-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Same here, wow finally out in the nick of time, have sold 94% of my holding which leaves me with about 21000 shares. It has taken 4 weeks to sell down........25 transactions, $10,077.75c loss, $750 fees and a $3514 profit on some trades. Total loss plus fees=$7,313.75c. Ye ha..what a ride, this is better than Disney Land. Whats the next one to take off? can't wait....am loving these rides . Lucky it's all tax deductable . :D

Snakk is like playing 'pass the parcel' with a bobby trap in the parcel.

What is worse is that you have to pay to play the game.

Initially many got sucked into playing the game by buying off the original shareholders and promoters, then to other punters who came along - attracted by the easy money.

When the Chairman joined in the game with his parcels (disguised with his charitable gift parcels) and then, his co-founder also joined, the fast punters bailed out.

The day I see the Chairman or any of his managers buying into the game in volume, I will be the first to join.

Until then, it's pass the parcel but who do you pass it to now?

couta1
03-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Snakk is like playing 'pass the parcel' with a bobby trap in the parcel.

What is worse is that you have to pay to play the game.

Initially many got sucked into playing the game by buying off the original shareholders and promoters, then to other punters who came along - attracted by the easy money.

When the Chairman joined in the game with his parcels (disguised with his charitable gift parcels) and then, his co-founder also joined, the fast punters bailed out.

The day I see the Chairman or any of his managers buying into the game in volume, I will be the first to join.

Until then, it's pass the parcel but who do you pass it to now?
Starving Ducks:cool:

sommelier
03-04-2014, 02:32 PM
See Weed was the big seller keeping the price down this whole time. Now that See Weed's overhang is gone, Snakk gonna fly away home.

nextbigthing
03-04-2014, 05:38 PM
I think he might be pulling one of your many legs Moosie.

Snow Leopard
03-04-2014, 05:40 PM

The implication here is that you had about 350,000 shares and that you sold them, on average, in 13,000 shares per trade at say $1,500 ago (plus the $30 brokerage).

Why so many tiny trades?
I would have have gone for no more than 6 trades and probably 4.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Schrodinger
03-04-2014, 06:31 PM
This company better be going out of business for you to book that loss

I assume you don't believe in this company to take a hit like that

see weed
03-04-2014, 11:06 PM
The implication here is that you had about 350,000 shares and that you sold them, on average, in 13,000 shares per trade at say $1,500 ago (plus the $30 brokerage).

Why so many tiny trades?
I would have have gone for no more than 6 trades and probably 4.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Pretty close. I did 19 buys on different days, and did 7 sells....eg...bought 32,000 one day, 21,000 three days later and 40,000 fiftytwo days later.....which is 93,000. And sold that block of 93,000 shares in one go. The blocks sold were all different amounts from 47,000 to 93,000. But you are right , i did buy some small amounts in the range of 10,000 to 20,000 but it's all good , will try and buy bigger amounts next time. .... If there is a next time?:)

see weed
03-04-2014, 11:18 PM
This company better be going out of business for you to book that loss

I assume you don't believe in this company to take a hit like that

They would not pay me a special 1c dividend i asked for weeks ago, it would only cost them about $2.6 mil. And what a boost it would have been to the share price.

Balance
11-04-2014, 08:31 AM
http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/buzzshifts-cameron-gawley-talk-digital-disruption/5/187078

Snakers will be lining up to hear their Chairman Derek speak?

Meanwhile, who will support a capital raising to keep his Team B vision thingy, Snakk, going beyond the cash burn period?

Balance
11-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Better be considering keeping profitable business model if the markets keep tanking and funding dries up fast. Loose and easy money ain't going to be so loose and easy in a years time. Doesn't help that investors are aware of their shafting technique either, and that big holders are still looking for the exit...

Get a copy of the latest shareholders' list - tells you a lot.

Balance
14-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Been updated again? Could you link please so others can read as well? Cheers

More shares sold by management.

I cannot figure out why there's no disclosure.

Balance
14-04-2014, 03:30 PM
DOES there need to be a disclosure on the secondary markets.

Shudder is that's what the NZAX is about!

bull....
14-04-2014, 03:38 PM
and to think i picked this in the competeition lol , lucky i dont invest like this ill be broke

bull....
14-04-2014, 03:49 PM
I must remember for next yrs competition to not pick stocks where the owner is selling for no good reason, Ill stick it on the toilet wall so its in my face

Balance
14-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Join the club Bull. Where's the next round of funding coming from if they've alienated the entire NZX investibg community? I see they've gone deafly quiet on an ASX listing. Me thinks reality has hit home now...

The ASX listing was a clear attempt IMO to ramp the sp - which ASX broker in the right mind will sponsor an ASX listing after seeing the way the promotors and directors and management have behaved?

Selling out (and down) as fast as they could - all the while aided by positive rah rah announcements from the company?

Chairman and co-founder selling out below backdoor listing capital raising price?

Snakk must think that dingoes have no teeth and cannot bite?

Balance
14-04-2014, 05:03 PM
I actually feel sorry for Mr Ryan. He's been conned in as an honest guy to do the bidding of others looking to pile out at any price above there buy in...

You are a soft touch, Moose.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/246640

Remember the above statement from him about stock overhang out of the way? He conveniently did not mention that his Chairman and co-founders were selling, and there were options exercisable which were being sold?

robbo24
14-04-2014, 05:15 PM
I actually feel sorry for Mr Ryan. He's been conned in as an honest guy to do the bidding of others looking to pile out at any price above there buy in...

Moosie, come on man, who has conned Mr Ryan?

Snow Leopard
14-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Derek got himself into my LinkedIn feed (http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140409192926-90512--good-artists-copy-great-artists-steal-here-s-how-and-why?trk=nmp_rec_act_article_detail) today with his
"Three Reasons to Steal, Not Copy. Here's How and Why"
post which appears to have annoyed everybody.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Balance
14-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Derek H, Mark Ryan and"someone from Snakk" have also checked out my LinkedIn account as well. Stalked much?

Shudder x 2

robbo24
14-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Derek got himself into my LinkedIn feed (http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140409192926-90512--good-artists-copy-great-artists-steal-here-s-how-and-why?trk=nmp_rec_act_article_detail) today with his
"Three Reasons to Steal, Not Copy. Here's How and Why"
post which appears to have annoyed everybody.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Hahahaha the comments section of this post are classic.

Handley had better get another photo of himself and Branson to sooth the hordes.

robbo24
14-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Derek H, Mark Ryan and"someone from Snakk" have also checked out my LinkedIn account as well. Stalked much?

Post a bibliography of your correspondence with Mr Ryan, Mr Handley and any other person associated with SNK and I'm sure it won't be as much of a surprise as you make out...

Harvey Specter
15-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Derek H, Mark Ryan and"someone from Snakk" have also checked out my LinkedIn account as well. Stalked much?Linkedin Stalking is very common. In fact I am sure people would do it alot more if it was anonymous.

I do it all the time. My searches for a Canadian Moose have come up fruitless.

Balance
16-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Window dressing yet again...

U mean stripping off in front of the window?

No one is fooled now, I think.

Copper
17-04-2014, 11:06 AM
U mean stripping off in front of the window?

No one is fooled now, I think.

You two peeping Tom's seem to be the only people about.Have you heard anything about the Company or the big sellers on the grapevine.It's very quiet.....

nextbigthing
20-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Moosie,

I see your good mate Derek has a wee article about failure in the Sunday magazine that comes with the Sunday Star Times.

Don't be afraid of failure is the message.

axe
21-04-2014, 01:56 PM
interesting read

2014 Mobile advertising industry snapshot

http://www.iabaustralia.com.au/uploads/uploads/2014-04/1397181600_7f99051e056812f8ca8b56b4f5b78a9c.pdf

Balance
21-04-2014, 03:42 PM
interesting read

2014 Mobile advertising industry snapshot

http://www.iabaustralia.com.au/uploads/uploads/2014-04/1397181600_7f99051e056812f8ca8b56b4f5b78a9c.pdf

Even more interesting read - if you can be bothered - http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/life/9953675/My-good-friend-failure

WHAT I KNOW ABOUT FAILURE

Derek Handley: New Zealand entrepreneur, speaker, author, Sir Richard Branson cohort and Virgin Galactic
astronaut-in-waiting.

Failure is sometimes just bad execution. At other times, it's that the idea is too big or the timing is just wrong. The ability to identify which it is and learn from that can lead to real success in your next adventures, be it a new business you're planning to start or a personal goal you're reaching for.

Take the online betting business I started in 2000, the year before [mobile marketing company] The Hyperfactory was born. We called it 'Feverpitch'. I started it in December and wanted it to be up and running for the start of the Super 12 season.

On paper, it was an entirely ridiculous notion - something so new that most people didn't really even get it. We started it to break new ground.

By late 2002, barely in time for its second birthday, Feverpitch was dead as a dodo. But it did give me something - the validation that I really could spot patterns. As a vision, as an idea, it wasn't dumb; the problem with Feverpitch was its timing and execution.

Through this, I learned valuable lessons that I applied to The Hyperfactory, as well as to the design of my own life.

Every failure gives you a new insight about yourself and the world that is far more profound or impactful than the
negative consequences of the failure. You just need to look really hard for it.

Almost every fear in life that I know of stems from the fear of failure in some form or another: the fear of failing to win somebody over, to be perceived as intelligent, to cope with a loss or heartbreak, to not come across as boring, foolish or too reckless, prudent, arrogant, ambitious or lazy.

Being afraid of failure is actually one of the most common failures.

If fear of failure prevents you from pursuing your dreams or designing your life or business the way you want it to be, you may never attain your goals and experience the true happiness and success that comes from this.

Failure shouldn't be looked at as something to be ashamed of - it shows that you're able to try things that aren't easy. While embracing the good in failure is okay, that doesn't mean we should be setting ourselves up to fail.

But at the same time, if you're not pushing hard enough, then you're not really dreaming hard enough, either.

Sometimes life is about doing the wrong thing at the right time and what you get from that can be far more profound than what you might get from doing the right thing at the right time.

Open yourself up to the possibilities of failure: walk towards your fear, and then fail fast, fail forward - in the right direction. But never be afraid to fail.

Balance
21-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Now this is inspiring - compare and contrast :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it by living somebody else's life".

Same as working damn hard and giving your money to those who are already filthy rich but knows how to extract the money from you.

axe
21-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Now this is inspiring - compare and contrast :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it by living somebody else's life".

Same as working damn hard and giving your money to those who are already filthy rich but knows how to extract the money from you.

You are right Balance,

Both Derek Handley and Steve Jobs, great entrepreneurial minds, not afraid of failure.

psychic
26-04-2014, 09:52 AM
http://www.nbr.co.nz/ask-derek

Questions for Derek anyone?

ari
26-04-2014, 11:27 AM
no point in asking the hard questions about snakk that you'll only be fed bs about...
exactly!!!

robbo24
26-04-2014, 11:38 AM
I asked Handley a question.

Balance
26-04-2014, 12:07 PM
I asked Handley a question.

Good on you.

NBR usually quite good with allowing questions to flow through - as long as not personal personal.

I may ask about why he likes backdoors? :D