PDA

View Full Version : Snakk

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18

axe
09-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Might have to get back to you on that one after Friday. I would have said the PS ratio was low at ~4 for the FY with further expansion coming, but that goalpost has been shifted. Didn't even tell us how much profit they made last quarter either. Gets muddled when you consider they're "investments" as well as considerable accounts receivable/payable and whether they've cleared that mess up or made it worse! SEA said 9 cents was fair value for selling their shares while Edison said somewhere towards 17 cents, so I guess all things considered I'd say 5 cents is a good price :D

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/business/237798/snakk-media-has-eye-on-asia

Radio NZ article states the profit was 27,000.

axe
09-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Put that into your EPS calculator, get a PE and smoke it! :p

:)

Have you checked out: http://moasisglobal.com/

Copper
09-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Put that into your EPS calculator, get a PE and smoke it! :p
Moosie just admit that you and Balance will never have a nice view of this Company.Balance said in a few expletives they would never make a profit and they did. You said I think about six times now you had given this thread a miss but yet again you have missed the culling season and reappeared.To the common herd,(non moose) we think that out of Rome's ashes may one day a Company reinvigorate itself ......I visit the DIL and PEB etc sites and think that in all the garbage something may appear to save my investment encouragement . Just my thoughts.. Cheers.

Copper
09-06-2014, 06:57 PM
I see Balance you are keeping an eye on this....Good on you.. Kind regards .

Balance
09-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Moosie just admit that you and Balance will never have a nice view of this Company.Balance said in a few expletives they would never make a profit and they did. You said I think about six times now you had given this thread a miss but yet again you have missed the culling season and reappeared.To the common herd,(non moose) we think that out of Rome's ashes may one day a Company reinvigorate itself ......I visit the DIL and PEB etc sites and think that in all the garbage something may appear to save my investment encouragement . Just my thoughts.. Cheers.

Profit? Profit, you say?

EBITDA? EBIT? NPBT? NPAT?

So easily you fall under the company's PR spin which has been discredited time and again.

blackcap
09-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Their last half year still shows a loss of $800,000 or thereabouts. Their full year which comes out (in June?) should make interesting reading.

Cobber
09-06-2014, 09:48 PM
Their last half year still shows a loss of $800,000 or thereabouts. Their full year which comes out (in June?) should make interesting reading.

Comes out on Friday actually. Bets on the table lads?

Revenue for the year of $7 million is my pick with a loss for the year of $850,000.

Anyone else?

(Might as well have some fun).

Balance
09-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Comes out on Friday actually. Bets on the table lads?

Revenue for the year of $7 million is my pick with a loss for the year of $850,000.

Anyone else?

(Might as well have some fun).

Loss? Cannot be as Copper already confirmed the company is making a profit.

Copper
10-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Loss? Cannot be as Copper already confirmed the company is making a profit.
Balance I think I recall about $27 k was a figure which appeared for a millisecond before they spent it.Correct me if I'm wrong.At least the thread has ramped up together with the share price.It will be an interesting week.There have been a few buyers of stock that may be new investors.Prepare your yearly educational quotes.Have a nice day......

Balance
10-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Balance I think I recall about $27 k was a figure which appeared for a millisecond before they spent it.Correct me if I'm wrong.At least the thread has ramped up together with the share price.It will be an interesting week.There have been a few buyers of stock that may be new investors.Prepare your yearly educational quotes.Have a nice day......

Sorry, Copper but no backing out of this one for you as you were very affirmative :

"Balance said in a few expletives they would never make a profit and they did." Copper post #4886

Unless of course you are trying a snakey one on us like Snakk tries to do pretty much all the time?

BTW, you have not confirmed what kind of profit you believe Snakk has made - GP, EBITDA (Earnings before I totally Duped 'the' Auditor), EBIT etc.

Harvey Specter
10-06-2014, 09:33 AM
I just looked at their full year and half year accounts and they made a loss.

Given they have very little deprecation, interest expense or tax, EBITDA would also have been negative.

I can however confirm that Revenue was positive for the year and growing ;)

Copper
10-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Sorry, Copper but no backing out of this one for you as you were very affirmative :

"Balance said in a few expletives they would never make a profit and they did." Copper post #4886

Unless of course you are trying a snakey one on us like Snakk tries to do pretty much all the time?

BTW, you have not confirmed what kind of profit you believe Snakk has made - GP, EBITDA (Earnings before I totally Duped 'the' Auditor), EBIT etc.
Luv your reply...Would have to concede it's probably as you guessed ..EBAE....(earnings before all expenses)...

Cobber
10-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Prediction for FY result:

$7.2M revenue, with shareholders losing their minds over the financial year! :p

We'll find out on Friday the 13th.

Copper
10-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Doing my own research as I have been told to do by all them Guru's (and Legends) I seem to find that the elusive $27k profit was a recent quarter and not half or full year.As per earlier post it was in a Radio NZ release and probably came from Coy announcement from Mark Ryan.
Bit like the PEB thread.Was it the ODT,DD or CS....take your pick...

robbo24
10-06-2014, 10:18 AM
With all the latest SNK hype, I'm going to have to dust off my photoshop skills again...

Copper
10-06-2014, 10:20 AM
With all the latest SNK hype, I'm going to have to dust off my photoshop skills again...

Good on you,another few days of fun....just been to PEB site and there are more people leaving thru BS posts so thought we may get a bit more life here...cheers..

robbo24
10-06-2014, 10:32 AM
I think we should have a contest and see who can come up with the best. Are we allowed help? My partner is a graphic designer :p

I encourage some competition.

Although, nobody will successfully emulate my "clunky" style.

Cobber
10-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Doing my own research as I have been told to do by all them Guru's (and Legends) I seem to find that the elusive $27k profit was a recent quarter and not half or full year.As per earlier post it was in a Radio NZ release and probably came from Coy announcement from Mark Ryan.
Bit like the PEB thread.Was it the ODT,DD or CS....take your pick...

NZX says trading has been "halted" for Snakk.

Balance
10-06-2014, 11:10 AM
I encourage some competition.

Although, nobody will successfully emulate my "clunky" style.

Suspect your photoshopped images are hanging in Snakk's boardroom.

Haha.

PS. With the caption : "If we cannot dazzle them with brilliance, let's dazzle them with bull manure."

Cobber
10-06-2014, 11:10 AM
NZX says trading has been "halted" for Snakk.

Just discovered the whole NZX is halted. Too much activity it appears.

robbo24
10-06-2014, 11:17 AM

Haha.

PS. With the caption : "If we cannot dazzle them with brilliance, let's dazzle them with bull manure."

Inspiration moment.

nextbigthing
10-06-2014, 06:44 PM
I think we should have a contest and see who can come up with the best. Are we allowed help? My partner is a graphic designer :p

I've heard he's pretty good Moosie.

robbo24
10-06-2014, 07:48 PM

Haha.

I went to the SNK boardroom to investigate.

You were right, Balance.

Balance
10-06-2014, 08:14 PM
I went to the SNK boardroom to investigate.

You were right, Balance.

You are a champ!

A bit of a worry though they are using old communication technology - a squaw box?

robbo24
11-06-2014, 11:11 AM
I stuck to my chosen profession and made an exhibition. Enjoy!

Hahaha... You could have removed the hover-over information! You lose marks for that, but the inclusion of Sorehead is a stroke of genius!

robbo24
12-06-2014, 12:13 AM
That's going to be hard to one up...

Moosie has been an ST member for 22 months.

In 22 months, Moosie has posted 8772 posts.

This equates to 400 posts per month, or roughly 13 per day.

If we give Moosie the benefit of 10 minutes thinking and preparation time per post, then that equates to 67 hours of Sharetrader posting per month, or 2.25 hours a day.

If Moosie had been earning $25 an hour for this time then he would have made gross income of $36550.

Now, here is my question:

Compared to what you could have made, Moosie, has it been worth it?

Harvey Specter
12-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Moosie has been an ST member for 22 months.

In 22 months, Moosie has posted 8772 posts.

This equates to 400 posts per month, or roughly 13 per day.

If we give Moosie the benefit of 10 minutes thinking and preparation time per post, then that equates to 67 hours of Sharetrader posting per month, or 2.25 hours a day.

If Moosie had been earning $25 an hour for this time then he would have made gross income of $36550.

Now, here is my question:

Compared to what you could have made, Moosie, has it been worth it?
I think you will find a lot of Moosies posts involved very little thought.* ;)

*. Not meant as a criticism. ;) You do a lot of joke posts and most of your 'detailed' posts relate to stocks you are researching anyway.

sharp
12-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Should I act surprised if the SP jumps 10%-15% on Friday... some very large bids going through today... no doubt in anticipation of Friday.

Copper
12-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Should I act surprised if the SP jumps 10%-15% on Friday... some very large bids going through today... no doubt in anticipation of Friday.

There's been a seller of a half mill or so at 11...If he gets barreled then you might see a rise.He would be putting off buyers other than those who have a very close feel for the thing.Could be one of the big boys from the past cleaning up but hasn't moved at all on price...cheers.
ps....Balance and Moosie should be here to advise tonite or tomorrow morning on whether you are allowed to be surprised....

Balance
12-06-2014, 03:45 PM
There's been a seller of a half mill or so at 11...If he gets barreled then you might see a rise.He would be putting off buyers other than those who have a very close feel for the thing.Could be one of the big boys from the past cleaning up but hasn't moved at all on price...cheers.
ps....Balance and Moosie should be here to advise tonite or tomorrow morning on whether you are allowed to be surprised....

Like moth to fire.

Copper
12-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Like moth to fire.

Good on you Balance....as fast as a Uber taxi.....

Copper
13-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Well. We have our 7 mill so no doubt the fun will start after breakfast...

ari
13-06-2014, 08:53 AM
SNK: Snakk grows revenue by 90%
8:33am, 13 Jun 2014 | FLLYR
SNK – FLLYR

13 June 2014

Snakk nearly doubles annual revenue, grows by over 90%
Singapore office opens as Snakk moves into Asia.

AUCKLAND, New Zealand, 13 June 2014 – Today mobile advertising technology company Snakk Media Ltd., (NZAX: SNK) is announcing its unaudited preliminary financial results, with revenues from March 2013 to March 2014 increasing 92% year-on-year, from $3,654,004 to $7,029,916.

The company’s financial year ended strongly, with fourth quarter revenues from January to March 2014 increasing 78% from the previous year’s quarter to $1,750,331. Snakk expects to release its audited results on or before 31 July.

The net loss after tax for the year ending March 2014 is $1.8m, with $481,731 representing a non-cash expensing of staff options. While the loss increased 58% year-on-year, revenues almost doubled. Snakk is continuing to invest to scale the business for growth, and begins its 2015 financial year strongly with more than $NZ6.3m in cash and cash equivalents to fund its expansion plans.

More than 85% of Snakk’s revenues are generated from its Australian operations, and when the adverse impact of exchange rate fluctuation is removed from reporting, the year-on-year growth in AUD was 117% for the full year.

Analysts forecast mobile advertising in Australia to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 39% between 2013 and 2018.

Snakk opens Singapore office
The company has stepped up its Asian expansion with the appointment of Michael Gooch to lead its South-East Asian operations, based in Singapore. Mr Gooch worked with Haymarket Publishing in the UK before helping Catcha Digital Asia expand into Singapore in 2010. Catcha Digital was subsequently acquired by OPT Inc. in 2013, one of Japan’s leading digital media agencies.

The company’s revenue also continues to flow from Asia via Australian agencies using Snakk’s smart screen advertising technologies to run campaigns in these markets for brands such as H&M, Samsung and HP.

Snakk Group CEO Mark Ryan says Singapore was chosen as the company’s first Asian headquarters because it is a significant decision gateway for the region, with a heavy concentration of global and regional media agencies and brands.

“Centering our operation in Asia’s regional hub makes sense as the majority of decisions made in Singapore directly influence other markets,” says Mr Ryan. “We also see Singapore as an ideal launch point for moving into other countries and regions, including Thailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Malaysia.”

Group CEO Mark Ryan comments on the year ended March 2014:
“Seeing our growth continue to accelerate so strongly and beat the previous financial years’ gains is a fantastic reward. We exceeded our internal forecasts by quite a large margin, with our fourth quarter growth proving to be another record-breaking result.

“The company is maturing rapidly and has been carefully expanded over the last year. We’ve committed time and investment into securing top industry talent who continue to provide exceptional service and outstanding client results, while managing a dramatic increase in campaign volumes.

“We’ve also continued to invest significant resources into building our portfolio of best-of-breed smart screen advertising technologies, particularly those that target specific geographic locations and use audience data to reach the right people at the right time. Our recent announcement regarding our investments and partnerships with Moasis Global and Plyfe are just the beginning of this important long-term strategy for Snakk.”

Key highlights from the past 12 reporting months include:
- Appointing the company’s inaugural Group CEO, Mark Ryan (April 2013).
- Opening a Brisbane office (April 2013).
- Opening a New Zealand office (May 2013).
- Raising $6.5m through a Share Purchase Plan supported by over 1,200 shareholders and through private placements (May 2013).
- Becoming one of the first public companies in the world to meet the rigorous social, environmental and governance standards required to become a Certified B Corporation or ‘B Corps’ (June 2013).
- Second quarter revenues almost tripling year-on-year at 147% (July-September 2013). By this point, Snakk had already generated 83% of its previous full year's revenues.
- Being ranked New Zealand’s 6th fastest-growing business on the Deloitte Fast 50 index (November 2013) and 62nd on the Asia Pacific Tech 500 (December 2013). These rankings were based on the company’s audited year-on-year growth rates calculated at 486.3% from 1 April 2011 to 31 March 2013.
- Achieving Snakk’s first million dollar revenue month (December 2013).
- Generating the biggest quarter in Snakk’s history (October-December 2013), which was also the first quarter the company turned a profit.
- Investing a small portion of treasury funds with the MicroDreams Foundation in the form of an interest-bearing loan to make a significant difference to the livelihoods and communities of South Pacific Islanders. The Foundation micro-finances women entrepreneurs growing small sustainable businesses. (December 2013)
- Creating a new position, Group Commercial Manager, filled by Luke Williams (March 2014)

Looking ahead
“Our strategy of identifying the best smart screen advertising technology platforms to invest in - or partner with - gives us a distinct competitive edge in Australia and New Zealand, and will keep us at the forefront of a fast-growing and rapidly evolving industry,” says Mr Ryan.

“As we look to the future we intend to further capitalise on this strategy in Asia, where the next wave of mobile advertising growth will occur and where hundreds of millions of consumers use smartphones. We’re confident we’re going to make an impact in this region and build a business of considerable value.”

Gartner predicts that from 2015 to 2017, mobile advertising growth will be fuelled strongly by a number of factors including improved market conditions, new targeting technologies, and a sustained interest in the mobile medium from advertisers.

Data released in June 2014 by IAB Australia /Nielsen highlights how prevalent the use of smartphone applications (apps) are in Asian markets such as Indonesia, where people are spending an average of 50 hours per month using a wide variety of apps. This is already considerably higher than the more mature markets of USA and Japan, and more than double the monthly usage of smartphone apps in Australia.

The rise of internet-enabled devices bearing smart screens, as well as the number of mobile sites, apps and games that people are using - and the time spent using them - is increasing exponentially. This presents enormous opportunities for Snakk in Australia, New Zealand and across the Asia Pacific region.

Snakk AGM and #SnakkLive 2014 event – 16 September
For the second consecutive year, Snakk Media will highlight and discuss the key trends shaping the mobile advertising industry following its Annual General Meeting, to be held Tuesday, 16 September in the Sir Paul Reeves Building at Auckland University of Technology (WG308). The AGM will start in the late afternoon and will be followed by an early evening panel event. More details will be released closer to the event.

clip
13-06-2014, 09:01 AM
loss increased 58% year on year while revenue almost doubled @@ what are they burning all their cash on?

Copper
13-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Havent followed this company for a while, but last time I watched trading post quarterly results there was an initial (very brief) rise in the SP upon opening, followed by weeks maybe months of sell downs. Is this the trading trend we should expect here?
You have seen Moosies comment and all I can add is that the whole thing has just been plodding along with reasonable turnover in last week with a solid seller and numerous buyers.A large seller has remained at 11 cents.All in all quite sane. No ducks or snakes or sharks have appeared yet and no ramping.....Just my take....cheers

blackcap
13-06-2014, 09:36 AM
You have seen Moosies comment and all I can add is that the whole thing has just been plodding along with reasonable turnover in last week with a solid seller and numerous buyers.A large seller has remained at 11 cents.All in all quite sane. No ducks or snakes or sharks have appeared yet and no ramping.....Just my take....cheers

It is very possible that 'insider" sellers have been absent due to selling restrictions placed on them by the regulators prior to an announcement. I don't know the rules SNK operate under but if there are any then those restrictions will lapse today (announcement is out) and they are free to sell again. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. As SNK is on the alternative board this may change things?

Harvey Specter
13-06-2014, 09:44 AM
It is very possible that 'insider" sellers have been absent due to selling restrictions placed on them by the regulators prior to an announcement. I don't know the rules SNK operate under but if there are any then those restrictions will lapse today (announcement is out) and they are free to sell again. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. As SNK is on the alternative board this may change things?All public companies should have windows where all staff or insiders can buy and sell, and windows where they are restricted. Directors, Senior, and financial employees should be under ever tighter rules. This announcement should be the openning of a buy/sell window for all.

Cobber
13-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Well. We have our 7 mill so no doubt the fun will start after breakfast...

$1.8 mill loss...??

1st 6 months they lost 800k
3rd quarter they made a profit of $27,000

So that gives them a balance of $773,000

4th quarter they lost $1.2 mill (which includes $460,000 in stock options).....

So less stock options, the loss for the 4th quarter was $567,000??

I'm picking they pushed some of their accounts payable from 3rd quarter into the 4th quarter to try and hoodwink the market into thinking they can turn a profit.

I'm quite disappointed in management if this is the case. The AGM will be interesting to say the lest.

winner69
13-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Cobber

Share based rem is spread across the year (224k in H1) so not just a 4th quarter expense

Makes you analysis even worse

robbo24
13-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Quack quack quack quack quack quack quack

couta1
13-06-2014, 10:19 AM
Quack quack quack quack quack quack quack
Actually robbo the ducks are pretty quiet seems they know this bread is made of sour dough:eek2:

Copper
13-06-2014, 10:32 AM
blam blam!!!!

Another in depth bit of research....

Copper
13-06-2014, 10:48 AM
It would appear that the half mill seller for days at 11 is selling at 10.5 so all in all quite a steady market.Moosie appears to have shot all the ducks.

Balance
13-06-2014, 11:03 AM
It would appear that the half mill seller for days at 11 is selling at 10.5 so all in all quite a steady market.Moosie appears to have shot all the ducks.

The ole saying comes to mind : "You can fool some of the people all of the time and you and even fool all of the people some of the time - BUT you cannot fool ALL of the People ALL of the time."

Thing to bear in mind is that the directors and executives are now released to buy and sell shares.

If they are busy buying, share price will be 15 cents now.

winner69
13-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Revenues nearly doubled ....really good

After taking off direct media costs net revenues only up 50%

The direct media costs as % revenues over the last 4 half years has increased from 46% in 1h13 to 49% in 2h13 to 54% in 1H14 to 63% in 2H14.

So net revenues up 50% and expenses up 54% doesn't suggest any productivity gains as a result of growing

While the media people are getting richer the key metric should be net revenues growth with reducing growth in the expenses base

winner69
13-06-2014, 11:04 AM
The ole saying comes to mind : "You can fool some of the people all of the time and you and even fool all of the people some of the time - BUT you cannot fool ALL of the People ALL of the time."

Thing to bear in mind is that the directors and executives are now released to buy and sell shares.

If they are busy buying, share price will be 15 cents now.

And those share based rem might need to be converted to cash as well

robbo24
13-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Some big volumes of sellers, they're back...

Cobber
13-06-2014, 12:01 PM
Revenues nearly doubled ....really good

After taking off direct media costs net revenues only up 50%

The direct media costs as % revenues over the last 4 half years has increased from 46% in 1h13 to 49% in 2h13 to 54% in 1H14 to 63% in 2H14.

So net revenues up 50% and expenses up 54% doesn't suggest any productivity gains as a result of growing

While the media people are getting richer the key metric should be net revenues growth with reducing growth in the expenses base

The pain is set to continue with Snakk entering Asia now.... but to be fair, they have always said they are chasing growth at the expense of profits, so we all knew that at the start. At least they still have $6.5 million in cash. No requirements to do a GEO and have to put hand out for more cash.

What still hasn't transpired yet, is big $$ from agencies being spent on mobile.

When that happens, I hope to see the productivity gains start to grow significantly.

Cobber
13-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Sometimes shooting ducks is a good way to send a message to Snakk board to be up front with financials. The huge difference between the 3rd and 4th quarters is quite blaring when you consider the Asia announcement wasn't made until after March 31.

How do you go from a $27,000 profit (from rev of $2.2 mill in 3rd quarter) to a $1 mill loss (from rev of 1.75 mill in 4th quarter)??

sommelier
13-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Back in November there was a bit of chat about SNK v VML (as investments) in the mobile space. What are peoples thoughts following today? Snakk much further up the growth curve, but at 9.8c and 1.9c respectively they have similar mcaps. SNK $7,020k revenue, $1,800k loss. VML $512k revenue, $2,024k loss. Who - if either - would you back for 2015?

Cobber
13-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Back in November there was a bit of chat about SNK v VML (as investments) in the mobile space. What are peoples thoughts following today? Snakk much further up the growth curve, but at 9.8c and 1.9c respectively they have similar mcaps. SNK $7,020k revenue, $1,800k loss. VML $512k revenue, $2,024k loss. Who - if either - would you back for 2015?

Definately Snakk. They will buy new revenue in their Asia expansion.

VML has hedged all their ponies on iBeacons. I think that is a much harder proposition to sell in. Also beacons aren't that difficult to set-up. Heck I set one up a network last week myself. It didn't have vouchers integrated into it, but that's nothing my coders couldn't do in a couple of weeks.

I'm also comparing Snakk to GEO and SLI. Geo is interesting in that they have lock-in if a client starts using them. But on the flip side.... converting builders, plumbers and other trades into using technology is the big hurdle. Sooooo..... they could be years off before they start to bank big time. Their valuation is at $38million which is a bit silly.

Serko is another one that could be compared against once they list. Similar revenue and losses from what I can remember. I think I would pick Serco over Snakk since they win contracts for big travel business.

Ruff as a bears bum.... but my thoughts.

Cobber
13-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Actually Snakk blew out Edisons estimates for the loss as well.

http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/research/company/snakk-media

couta1
13-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Moosie you must have given those ducks both barrels looking at the buyers depth chart:eek2:

J R Ewing
13-06-2014, 01:07 PM
What happened to the plan for a big duck feeding session over on the ASX?

Copper
13-06-2014, 01:11 PM
What happened to the plan for a big duck feeding session over on the ASX?
His damn gun has hit MBE,LNG,PEB and XRO....as well as this thing....Not too sure whether it's the gun or Specsavers....IMHO..

winner69
13-06-2014, 01:23 PM
With the shareprice down 15% I take it the markets wasn't expecting this sort of result

Those gross margins are pretty awful ....net sales up 50% not much after the hype

Harvey Specter
13-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Actually Snakk blew out Edisons estimates for the loss as well.

http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/research/company/snakk-mediaBut Revenues were higher and were impacted by unfavourable forex with Australia so arguably could have been higher. So those extra revenues came at a large cost.

It will be interesting to see how they explain being profitable in Q3 to the blow out in Q4.

Cobber
13-06-2014, 01:53 PM
But Revenues were higher and were impacted by unfavourable forex with Australia so arguably could have been higher. So those extra revenues came at a large cost.

It will be interesting to see how they explain being profitable in Q3 to the blow out in Q4.

Considering 85% of revenue comes from Australia.... its hard to work out why they didn't list there so their financials would look more favourable.

Having to explain to the market that Australia grew by 117% is a bit sad.

Whoever gets that job #shouldertap job is probably a bit nervous since they are being payed in Snakk shares.... lol

By the time we get to the AGM we will be back at 0.06 - 0.07 cents.

Cobber
13-06-2014, 01:57 PM
I think it's pretty clear the trading is more about lock out timing rather than sales.... Same pattern every quarter. SP goes up in the weeks before the quarterly, trading window opens up post announcement and the SP crumbles, deteriorating slowly until the buildup of the next quarterly. I don't think it has much to do with what the "market" was expecting!!

I'm pretty sure if Handley is selling, every 1% block has to be announced to the market. So at this stage he would have to flog off 2,500,000 shares.

Could you imagine how that would look? (in a period of 14 months his stake goes from 18% -> 14%).

youngatheart
13-06-2014, 02:08 PM
I think it's pretty clear the trading is more about lock out timing rather than sales.... Same pattern every quarter. SP goes up in the weeks before the quarterly, trading window opens up post announcement and the SP crumbles, deteriorating slowly until the buildup of the next quarterly. I don't think it has much to do with what the "market" was expecting!!

So given the predictability of this, would it not make sense to use this pattern to your advantage? ie. Buy SNK two weeks prior (SP low) to the announcement, and then sell the day before the announcement (SP peak)?

J R Ewing
13-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Considering 85% of revenue comes from Australia.... its hard to work out why they didn't list there so their financials would look more favorable.

I don't know, but maybe the ASX listing requirements are a bit more stringent and they couldn't have done the backdoor deal like they did here through Sorensen. Also, if they knew at the time how the exchange rate was going to move - they would just have traded the currency and not bothered running any sort of business venture!

Balance
13-06-2014, 02:45 PM
I don't know, but maybe the ASX listing requirements are a bit more stringent and they couldn't have done the backdoor deal like they did here through Sorensen. Also, if they knew at the time how the exchange rate was going to move - they would just have traded the currency and not bothered running any sort of business venture!

They were never going to list on ASX imo.

Was a good PR release though to get the ducks in line for more Snakk shares.

sharp
13-06-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm putting these shares in the junk pile - these shares are rife with speculation and more so fuelled by the company itself and all the nonsense bagging of Derek, Sorensen and the company that goes on this forum.

Copper
13-06-2014, 02:57 PM
Absolutely! and I did just that a couple of times a while back. As stated though, I'm well away from this one now. The danger with doing that though is one day you may well get stuck holding the stock or be forced to take a loss. If it's not a stock you want to hold then pays not to be too greedy following patterns...
I have watched this closely in the last few weeks and although it's before the announcement it has been the only time any turnover has eventuated.There has been quite a bit of selling by a few large holders ,same as the buyers have been good on occasions.The selling today seems to be a lot of those waiting for the result and finally getting fed up and some who may have just been traders on the timing thing.There doesn't seem to be continuous heavy dumping like we had in the early days.The accountants here are now having a field day on little information.Its back to the AGM and ask all the pertinent questions.cheers

sharp
13-06-2014, 03:00 PM
If you seriously think they are junk, one has to wonder why you purchased them in the first place and also why you don't sell? Just wait till the run up to the next quarterly ;) Bu seriously if you think they are junk, why not sell and take a small loss?

I have been selling periodically in the run up and will continue doing so.

I bought and would still buy in to the company if I had not known that Snakk is simply an ad agency using smartphone apps as an medium. I personally do not see much value Snakk can add to their clients if they are able to place ads direct to apps or smartphone targeted websites.

Copper
13-06-2014, 03:04 PM

I bought and would still buy in to the company if I had not known that Snakk is simply an ad agency using smartphone apps as an medium. I personally do not see much value Snakk can add to their clients if they are able to place ads direct to apps or smartphone targeted websites.
I think you may need a little of Balance's guidance IMHO.

Cobber
13-06-2014, 03:43 PM
I found the ducks today. They are all chilling down by the pond in Hokowhitu next to Massey University in Palmerston North, no doubt taking Financial Markets 101 so they don't get tarred and feathered again! You can thank me after you come to pick them up again Handley :p

Those houses look too flash for Palmy :)

Balance
13-06-2014, 04:08 PM
I'm putting these shares in the junk pile - these shares are rife with speculation and more so fuelled by the company itself and all the nonsense bagging of Derek, Sorensen and the company that goes on this forum.

Company is not junk.

Snakk does have a business and it generates revenues and creates jobs.

The nonsense with this company is the rah rah rah PR releases of great news - and the accompanying selling by promoters, directors, management etc.

sharp
13-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Company is not junk.

The nonsense with this company is the rah rah rah PR releases of great news - and the accompanying selling by promoters, directors, management etc.

The company itself is not junk. I agree. I think you have misunderstood.

However, in my opinion the shares are junk as I believe they do not truly reflect the true value of the company due to all the rah rah rah that goes on and one's opinion of Derek and the sell down by Sorensen etc (although it appears SNK are doing its best to appease the market with its PR).

Capsice?

couta1
13-06-2014, 05:08 PM

Just sell them all and get it over and done with you'll get over the loss I did mind you I'm what you call loss hardened, still no need to have that incessant quacking in your ears for ever and a day:cool:

robbo24
13-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Company is not junk.

Stop defending your boyfriend

ari
13-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Here we go again....at the moment 'NZHerald Online' has 4 separate articles on it's front page, Snakk and/or Handley.

sommelier
13-06-2014, 05:47 PM
"Snakk shares have fallen today by 13c to 96c." Thanks Holly Ryan. You just made us all very rich.

Copper
13-06-2014, 07:07 PM
"Snakk shares have fallen today by 13c to 96c." Thanks Holly Ryan. You just made us all very rich.
What crap is that .Does anyone know that person.Maybe a good chance to show the person that the world is different to what she or he? Is living in. Moosie must have missed her this morning....

sommelier
13-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Take a breather copper. Just a reporter that missed a decimal place.

Poet
13-06-2014, 07:59 PM
The company itself is not junk. I agree. I think you have misunderstood.

However, in my opinion the shares are junk as I believe they do not truly reflect the true value of the company due to all the rah rah rah that goes on and one's opinion of Derek and the sell down by Sorensen etc (although it appears SNK are doing its best to appease the market with its PR).

Capsice?

Yes I think I got everything but capsice:)

Copper
14-06-2014, 07:21 AM
She was the giant flapping one just outside camera angle wearing hammer pants outside camera angle earlier.

Do I sense some owning of Snakk shares there Cobber???
Is your Cobber meant to be Copper?? If so yes I've owned some for ages .In and out of some from time to time. Cheers
ps. Still like the Company somewhat but not newspaper reporters generally.

lambton
14-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Company is not junk.

But still to make a profit. So burning cash in the meantime.

Copper
14-06-2014, 09:27 AM

Am I right in thinking that as they have 6 mill still in the bank they are at least generating additional revenue to spend on development.???

blackcap
14-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Am I right in thinking that as they have 6 mill still in the bank they are at least generating additional revenue to spend on development.???

Problem is their business model does not work. For every $1 they receive it costs them more than $1. So increasing revenues will mean increasing losses. As a shareholder I would hope revenues decline and thus losses decline to protect my wealth.

winner69
14-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Problem is their business model does not work. For every $1 they receive it costs them more than $1. So increasing revenues will mean increasing losses. As a shareholder I would hope revenues decline and thus losses decline to protect my wealth.

Probably a bit worse than that

For every dollar they receive the media company gets 63 cents leaving 37 cents left to spend but at the moment they are spending heaps more than that to make that 37 cents

Swiftideas
14-06-2014, 10:30 PM
at the moment they are spending heaps more than that..

It's not a business model thing. They are re-investing to grow scale. They've said this repeatedly.
Given the opportunity size I'd be worried if they weren't spending heaps more.
Surely you don't think mobile advertising is fully mature yet do you?

winner69
15-06-2014, 04:17 PM
It's not a business model thing. They are re-investing to grow scale. They've said this repeatedly.
Given the opportunity size I'd be worried if they weren't spending heaps more.
Surely you don't think mobile advertising is fully mature yet do you?

......so what level of expenses do they need to make the most of these opportunities?

Or maybe the question should be when sales (net of media costs) are $20m (currently $2.9m) what will the expense base (currently $4.8m)

I know they have to spend to win ....but how much and what is the prize?

winner69
15-06-2014, 06:35 PM
I think they are just a misunderstood company moosie

Swiftideas
15-06-2014, 10:38 PM
I know they have to spend to win ....but how much and what is the prize?

Spend is a company question. Prize is somewhere in here;

Globally, Gartner estimates that the mobile ad market will reach US$18bn in 2014, rising to US$42bn by 2017, a CAGR of 33%. Estimates for Asia Pacific are slightly lower at 30%, as the area is starting from a higher penetration base in Japan and South Korea, diluting the regional growth rate. Frost & Sullivan cite forecast mobile growth rate for the Australian market of 39%, although the latest IAB Australia figures estimate Q114 growth of 4.9%, accounting for 15.3% of total online advertising spend (+1.0% over Q413).

From here: http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/research/company/snakk-media

Swiftideas
15-06-2014, 10:41 PM
How long will Snakk remain unprofitable?
'Snakk is not about trying to pursue short term profits. Everything we do at Snakk is about the long term.' - Derek Handley 2013 AGM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNCLGBdGpQk)
"Snakk posted its first quarterly profit on Monday, of $27,000….and the company has been ploughing that back into staff and operating systems in Australia and New Zealand, and into researching the Asian markets… there is a lot of planning to do first." Mark Ryan (http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/business/237798/snakk-media-has-eye-on-asia) Mar 2014

What country(s) are they expanding into? Target markets?
“Centering our operation in Asia’s regional hub makes sense as the majority of decisions made in Singapore directly influence other markets. We also see Singapore as an ideal launch point for moving into other countries and regions, including Thailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Malaysia.” Release (https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/251542) June 2014

5 year plan?
Yeah right

We don't know, because they won't tell us!
Or maybe you won't listen.

sommelier
15-06-2014, 11:02 PM
I want another post from Mark Ryan. That has to have been the best moment in my market watching career. Love it when Vince has to get involved. Come on Mark. I'm sure you still read this from time to time!

Balance
16-06-2014, 12:32 AM
'Snakk is not about trying to pursue short term profits. Everything we do at Snakk is about the long term.' - Derek Handley 2013 AGM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNCLGBdGpQk)
"Snakk posted its first quarterly profit on Monday, of $27,000….and the company has been ploughing that back into staff and operating systems in Australia and New Zealand, and into researching the Asian markets… there is a lot of planning to do first." Mark Ryan (http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/business/237798/snakk-media-has-eye-on-asia) Mar 2014

“Centering our operation in Asia’s regional hub makes sense as the majority of decisions made in Singapore directly influence other markets. We also see Singapore as an ideal launch point for moving into other countries and regions, including Thailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Malaysia.” Release (https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/251542) June 2014

Yeah right

Or maybe you won't listen.

Quoting from Snakk? You forgot the quotes about :

1. Listing on ASX,

2. Big sellers out of the way (to replaced by shares sold via options exercised),

3. Making a profit (what profit?)

Suggest you get Chairman Handley's book to quote from too then.

Balance
16-06-2014, 10:52 AM
One Snakker just sent me a reputation comment with : "Have you got nothing to contribute at all'.

Them snakkers*really hate the truth, don't they?

Has really made my day!

:D

Cobber
16-06-2014, 11:07 AM

Yeah just like Xero. And GEO. And SLI. And Serco. And PEB. And pretty much every company that is about to list.

I think this is called a bubble chaps.

winner69
16-06-2014, 11:13 AM
One Snakker just sent me a reputation comment with : "Have you got nothing to contribute at all'.

Has really made my day!

Wasn't me mate

couta1
16-06-2014, 11:22 AM

Has really made my day!

:D Time to make all negative rep comments have to have givers name attatched as compulsory. I received one a month or so ago that shouldn't have been let through by admin IMO, straight out insults or name calling is unacceptable and non constructive.

blackcap
16-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Time to make all negative rep comments have to have givers name attatched as compulsory. I received one a month or so ago that shouldn't have been let through by admin IMO, straight out insults or name calling is unacceptable and non constructive.

That would be a good solution. I got one a while back, I think I know from whom but not 100% sure off course. Don't worry about them though... just cowards and not really worth worrying about.

Copper
16-06-2014, 12:38 PM

Has really made my day!

You are easily pleased....

Cobber
16-06-2014, 01:44 PM
I sold out all of my holdings last Wednesday, almost 300k - made a small loss.

The main reason was the lack of progress on the ASX listing. It appears they do not meet the requirements. I was disappointed that they had not invested all of the $6m. In my opinion the investments in Moasis Global and Plyfe aren't exactly exciting. I expected them to invest heavily in their own business followed by a listing on the ASX with another capital raise. Paradoxically, I would prefer a larger loss as a result of heavy investing in the core business to accelerate future earnings. It appears there isn't much for them to invest in at the moment. Adding more staff and upgrading offices isn't much of an investment.

I don't agree with what Balance has to say but I see his point. I think the company has been relativity transparent under the circumstances for a highly speculative and fast changing marketplace. The PR has been a little over the top at times but nothing out of the ordinary. I think what Balance is saying is that this is an EXPENSIVE stock. Expectation is high and at the moment Snakk is under preforming. I think this company has a great future but it needs alot of time to mature. I'll prefer to wait on sidelines for now and enter at a higher price, but a price that's more fair valued considering the risks.

I had fun holding. Thanks for everyone's input. Good luck to all.

Well now we know who the big seller was :)

Not a Handley, or a director or a family member.

Thanks Ogg for being up front and your thoughts. Better luck with your other investments.

blackcap
16-06-2014, 03:06 PM
9 cents and counting. Lower highs, lower lows. Only means 1 thing....

6 cents by the end of the month? Would not count it out myself.

Balance
16-06-2014, 05:40 PM
You are easily pleased....

Haha - I write for those who appreciate the balance I bring.

Thanks to those who PM me.

robbo24
16-06-2014, 06:55 PM

Has really made my day!

That's nothing, either "black knat" or "snapiti" keep giving me bad rep on the PEB forum, all it says is that I am a "knob".

Copper
16-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Haha - I write for those who appreciate the balance I bring.

Thanks to those who PM me.
Ah ha ....I have worked it out now you are but a secret squirrel .You state things we are not privy to.I too have a nest in a tree where I hide nuts and bobs and secret information and keep throwing stuff at those who cum underneath.One day we will all have to come to grips with the real world as Blackadder rides forth to claim his rightful kingdom.I will tell him you are Baldrick and we will enter a new phase......
Keep it up Balance if we don't have a giggle here now and again all will be lost.Lets hope Mark Ryan has a grip on the thing and will override obstacles like Blackadder and his right hand man Footley and perhaps one day Ogg and Cobber and Snapiti and all the armies have a common cause...Have a good evening and pleasant meal.. Cheers ...

Swiftideas
16-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Quoting from Snakk?

Yes. Do you feel there is anyone better qualified to redress this remark?

We don't know, because they won't tell us!

Discl. seeking crowdsourced company analysis not obsessive personality takedown

steve fleming
16-06-2014, 09:18 PM

Has really made my day!

They are a very emotional bunch!

I remember all the negative reputation comments i got when i tried to suggest that MBE was perhaps better placed than SNK

MBE went from 2c to 20c
SNK went from 15c to 9c

I think they need to take a bit of emotion out of their investment decisions

steve fleming
16-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Hey Steve, why don't you give them a quick run down on why MBE is still the better buy, even though it has already been a 10 bagger+. I'd like to see more Snakkers jump wagons onto the "darkside" with us ;)

(PS - I only ask because you have a better way with words than I and don't have the "Handley baggage" I do!)

Haha, I am sure snakkers all have their own valid reason/investment case to hold SNK shares.

Personally, I would prefer to be in a company that is profitable, that has locked in multi million dollar mobile advertising contracts, and has the customer acquisition and payment infrastructure to leverage off their mobile advertising.

nextbigthing
17-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Spot got shoulder tapped

couta1
17-06-2014, 11:49 AM
Spot got shoulder tapped

Derek posing as spot aye very cunning.

axe
17-06-2014, 07:01 PM
One for the road (lower highs and break down of buyers)

is that a buy target moosie??

winner69
17-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Derek posing as spot aye very cunning.

The guy who created Spot died the other day

I knew every one of Spots hiding places .... even when I sneakily moved Spot to a different place where he was the time before. Wasn't worth it being mean because it always ended in tears

What an idea .... might get the geek down the road to develop a WHERE'S DEREK game .... a kids version and a creepy adult version

couta1
17-06-2014, 09:37 PM
Hey Moosie did you realize you only need one more green thingy to equal winner but its only taken you 2 yrs to winner's 13 yrs but then again it may take you another 11yrs to get the next green thingy still its gotta be worth a big QUACK aye :cool:

robbo24
17-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Robbo will be adding up my lost revenue as I post. Pretty sure each greeny is worth a cool $1000 ;)

Have you ever actually considered the effect that your words have on people? Just because you have anonymity behind your keyboard doesn't mean it doesn't affect people, Moosie.

See?

Cobber
18-06-2014, 10:14 AM
LMAO nice one Robbo.

Trust me, Handley, Ryan, Sorehead and anonymous at Snakk all know my real name and what I do (they have all frequented my LinkedIn account). I don't hide behind my keyboard because they are not bogey men and not terrifying (the exact opposite actually!). If they don't want to be named and shamed they shouldn't act like fraudsters and scheisters in the first place. I will always seek these people out and warn against them, so Backroom Handshake Handley and others will rip off as few people as possible while I'm around (which means he will be a little emo kid crying in the corner for a loooooooong time to come!)

Hope shareholders are planning some stinging comments/questions fir the AGM in September. Might buy a single share just to join in the fun... ;)

I must admit I do find it a bit ironic that for all the Good PR Handley keeps throwing out there about himself with the Snakk business name attached to it, when people go to check out the share price, it kinda shows a track record of "doing nothing really".

Which kinda then leads you to the conclusion that if he really wants to make a name for himself, he really needs Snakk to grow and start firing on more cylinders. Which means, less PR about Handley, and as per Ryans recent NBR article, more focus on educating the agencies on the product (which I have been harping on about for over 6 months!).

Harvey Specter
18-06-2014, 10:26 AM
I must admit I do find it a bit ironic that for all the Good PR Handley keeps throwing out there about himself with the Snakk business name attached to it, when people go to check out the share price, it kinda shows a track record of "doing nothing really".Agree. Especially since he wants to list a few companies going forward, why did he do this in a way that has ruined his brand.

J R Ewing
18-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Agree. Especially since he wants to list a few companies going forward, why did he do this in a way that has ruined his brand.

My guess is that he thought he would make plenty of money by launching a handful of start-ups on the NZX. Add a pinch of growth, a splash of tech and a generous dollop of hype and watch the market lap it up! It hasn't quite worked out that way with Snake 1 so far - maybe it turns out the market is a bit too skeptical.

Harvey Specter
18-06-2014, 11:27 AM
My guess is that he thought he would make plenty of money by launching a handful of start-ups on the NZX. Add a pinch of growth, a splash of tech and a generous dollop of hype and watch the market lap it up! It hasn't quite worked out that way with Snake 1 so far - maybe it turns out the market is a bit too skeptical.To be Honest, SNK the business is pretty much doing what it was expected to be doing. The CEO seems strong. The issue is the shareprice fluctuations, manipulations from those with significant investments has cast it in a bad light. It is a shame this continued in so long. Handley got suckered there (naive?). You shouldn't have big investors in a small start up who aren't emotionally invested in the company.

Wasn't the 'list price' 6c?

Longhaul
18-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Updated Edison report has been released.

You can download the report here http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/research/report/snakk-media1

J R Ewing
18-06-2014, 11:57 AM
To be Honest, SNK the business is pretty much doing what it was expected to be doing. The CEO seems strong. The issue is the shareprice fluctuations, manipulations from those with significant investments has cast it in a bad light. It is a shame this continued in so long. Handley got suckered there (naive?). You shouldn't have big investors in a small start up who aren't emotionally invested in the company.

Wasn't the 'list price' 6c?

I don't have a good understanding of SNK as a business, so if you say it is tracking OK so far I won't really disagree - I'll just say that to me, the numbers so far aren't convincing. What I don't buy is the idea that Handley is some sort of Guru who could dream up ideas for several businesses and would want to list them, B team them, etc all in order to share the wealth with investors he doesn't know, save the planet, etc. It doesn't really ring true to me.

BTW - I think the initial placement was at 12c, but you had to buy a few at market @ 15c in order to take part.

Longhaul
18-06-2014, 01:29 PM
So despite SNK exceeding Edisons revenue estimates, Edison have revalued SNK at considerably lower than a previous report (April 2013).

Ahhh, you need to compare MCAP I think.

206m shares at 15.5c ($31.9m) versus 265m shares at 13.1c / ($34.7m).

Cobber
18-06-2014, 01:37 PM
The shares are priced below global peers as investors wait for clearer indications that those returns will be realised.

I think this statement sums up the current sentiment. It's at a similar situation back in 2008-2009 when Xero kept revising it's break even point.

If Snakk can hit Edisons estimates for 2015, I'll be a happy camper.

zigzag
22-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Poor old Derek is getting a big kicking on the NBR pages (http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/not-ounce-vision-within-thousand-miles-beehive-—-derek-handley-ck-158074) after his TV interview today. I never knew he was involved in internet gambling in his earlier days. Makes him look a bit hypocritical in my books to be off saving the planet now when he was a misery merchant only a decade ago.

I see he is interviewing people to be his right hand. With all the public w*nking he's involved in, I find that an unappealing job prospect.

Yeah. It was an internet gambling stock which I think was called Feverpitch. I still find the guy a bit flakey,but he was quite young at the time, and I do give him points for coming back from his initial failure.

Cobber
23-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Feverpitch it was. Wondering if Derek will try and toss a coin as to whether he can get more money for further expsnsion into Asia. This woodland creature thinks he has shot himself in the foot by down selling and not being able to fleece the Ozzies through a dual listing.

Your move next Derek (and it ain't going to be easy when we all know your strategy already...)

Snakk has more than $5 million in cash. I doubt think they need to raise money anytime soon.

They can grow the business "steady as she goes".

(Personally I think this is where the adults like Mark Ryan come in. Keep the ship in calm waters but make progress in the right direction.)

sommelier
23-06-2014, 10:33 AM
The Shoulder Tap has been 'won', by a 22 year old from Christchurch who wants to develop an app that 'matches you with a political party'. She got a $10k grant.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Student-gets-10K-to-attract-young-voters/tabid/1607/articleID/349682/Default.aspx

sommelier
23-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Will there be more of these 'winners' to come? Or is his search for a right-hand-person still going?

The 'prize' - or role, was described as "key collaborator and driver across all my activities in New Zealand - including managing what already exists, dreaming up ideas of what ‘could be’, and turning the best ideas into reality."

Harvey Specter
23-06-2014, 10:38 AM
The Shoulder Tap has been 'won', by a 22 year old from Christchurch who wants to develop an app that 'matches you with a political party'. She got a $10k grant.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Student-gets-10K-to-attract-young-voters/tabid/1607/articleID/349682/Default.aspxDid she actually win the 'shoulder tap' - ie. the job at the end of it - or just one of the competitions along the way.

My issue with this whole #shouldertap cr@p is the duplicitous nature of it. He seems to have other, unpublicised, motives to this competition he is running. I think he wants to mobilise an army of losers (in the sense they dont 'win' the job) to do his b team work for him. Nothing wrong with that if that is what you actually state at the start but at least be honest - say one person gets a job but all others will be part of a secret cool club or what ever BS way he wants to spin it.

sommelier
23-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Twitter indicates that it is only the first 'project' of hundreds.
"
Julie Landry ‏@julielandry (‏@julielandry) Jun 20 (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/julielandry/status/480144936839282689)Project #001 announced by @dgh (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/dgh) at #theshouldertap (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/hashtag/theshouldertap?src=hash) event tonight at @AUTuni (http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/AUTuni). "The job to start a movement" is all systems go.
"

Cobber
23-06-2014, 01:43 PM
$5M is not going to last long at all. The sector is in an amazing growth phase and those that don't do land grabs and FAST are going to get swallowed up (Handley loves getting bought out btw) or go bust. They'll be back asking for more cash soon enough.

Was actually wondering if Handley will get Branson to pump in some money to get the hype factor going again, then offer another SPP to let others get in on "this great dynamic opportunity at the convergence of profit and people". This is the only option left to him imho.

Those going to the AGM should ask if another CR is in the works and, if so, what the LOCK UP PERIOD WILL BE!

Just waiting for that announcement...

I love how you can just create bull**** out of thin air. You'e almost as bad as handley.

Cobber
23-06-2014, 04:07 PM
I believe the correct term is "speculation". I could be totally wrong, that's just my guess of what he will do based on reading into his personality and past. Guess time will tell eh?

I forgot to say I did give you extra points though for communicating your position in english, with words in the correct order and without the use of 1 acronym.

Handley's still trying to scale that wall it would appear.

With the amount of new listings on the NZX, I think Snake, I mean Snakk - would struggle to get additional funds.

They would be more successful if they waited a few years and got their revenue closer to $20 mill and showed some strong traction with their current Asian launch.

I too think they are building the business to be bought.

Incidentally, I did have another thought... all this personal PR Handley has been doing.... who's paying for it? Snakk or Handley?

They are both using the same person. Does Handley have to disclose to shareholders if he is piggy backing off Snakk's PR retainer?

Copper
30-06-2014, 06:41 PM
One of the Handley horse traders taking a massive dump all over Snakk today. Back to 5 cents we go, demand non-existent...
Before someone abuses you there was a seller who appeared and then disappeared the other day who had either700 or 900 thou at 9....this maybe the one who had umpteen shares at 11 and may have come down.I personally think it's Snapdragon or your Bay mate who are tidying up the last of their holding..They only appear on volume bids....For what it's worth....

robbo24
01-07-2014, 05:34 PM
"Everything will be OK Derek"

Kiwi
03-07-2014, 03:06 PM
A couple of interesting tech articles in the Hearld this morning relating to Voters app and Mind candy games for phones and tabs.
My friend Mr Handley getting some exposure, hope Snakk gets a lift with this?

ari
11-07-2014, 01:22 PM
It's obvious Snakk don't require staff numbers.....
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-10/cynk-surges-36-000-as-buzz-builds-for-1-employee-company.html

RGR367
11-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Jordan Belfort back in business eh? Makes Sorehead look like an amateur!

A much improved Bernie Madoff clone has invaded the Exchange! Be very afraid :)

Cobber
11-07-2014, 03:19 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-10/cynk-surges-36-000-as-buzz-builds-for-1-employee-company.html

Snakk earned $7 million in the last financial year.

I think you should be posting this type of comment on GEO thread.

JohnnyTheHorse
11-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Snakk earned $7 million in the last financial year.

I think you should be posting this type of comment on GEO thread.

Earned? Heh.

boofters
11-07-2014, 08:16 PM

I just wasted a few moments of my life reading this..how is this relevant to this thread? If there turns out to be some then I am very concerned, if not then please stop posting drivvel!

ari
16-07-2014, 08:54 AM
https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=3652575

Blue Horseshoe
16-07-2014, 09:25 AM
A digital Saatchi & Saatchi in the making.

Copper
16-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Sharks obviously need feeding again...
I actually found the announcement a lot more interesting and encouraging than your umpteen times repetitive Quote.Cheers....

Balance
16-07-2014, 11:02 AM
I actually found the announcement a lot more interesting and encouraging than your umpteen times repetitive Quote.Cheers....

Hell hath no fury a Moose scorned?

Balance
16-07-2014, 12:48 PM
History have no better repeat button than a Balance on heat-seeking mode!

I am with you, Moose but frankly, your warnings could have been more timely - like when the car ride was happening a year ago?

axe
16-07-2014, 06:45 PM
They did give decent notice for the AGM :confused: . 5 Cent Target buy from the moose does look tasty

Balance
16-07-2014, 07:44 PM
They did give decent notice for the AGM :confused: . 5 Cent Target buy from the moose does look tasty

At 5 cents, still a 10 bagger for Handley & gang.

Xerof
16-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Snakk said: We now have a world-class senior management team

They're kidding aren't they? on what track record is that statement based?

sharp
17-07-2014, 03:08 PM
https://www.facebook.com/SnakkMedia?fref=nf

Great to see Snakk employees hard at work burning fat (no doubt funded by shareholders).

sharp
17-07-2014, 03:16 PM
They're going to have to hire Branson again. No faith left here.

Maybe Richard Simmons this time around... check out the FB link below

Tony Two Gloves
17-07-2014, 04:17 PM
How do you block someone on ST so there annoying posts don't keep coming up time and time again??????

Cobber
17-07-2014, 05:21 PM
How do you block someone on ST so there annoying posts don't keep coming up time and time again??????

I concur.... 2 idiots wreck this this thread for the rest of us.

sommelier
17-07-2014, 05:43 PM
I love the bits where Moosie says insightful things.

winner69
17-07-2014, 05:50 PM
I love the bits where Moosie says insightful things.

See how much moosie has changed since he moved to Palmy North ..... such a depressing place is showing in his behaviour here

Bring back the old moosie

Under Surveillance
17-07-2014, 05:56 PM
I don't know, but sympathise with you and Cobber.
ST seems to be set up to encourage posts on a never mind the quality, feel the width basis. So the number of posts from some members tick over at a great rate, which a clinical psychologist might find to reflect obsessive disorders.
I see that Moosie 900 has on average made more than 12 posts for each day he has been a member of ST. Clearly he has a condition akin to that of a problem gambler, and the proprietors of ST might find a way of assisting him by putting a limit on the number of posts he can make. Members might alert the moderators to the need for action by clicking the symbol [triangle containing an exclamation mark] below his post tally.

blackcap
17-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Check out my post circa Xmas 2013 then.

My average posts per day has started to drop as I started off pretty much spamming these boards back in 2012. It will drop even further if I decide to leave like Sparky as now that I have changed my tune (NO ONE questioned my posts when the NZX was extremely bullish...) all I receive is criticism and name calling. Must admit, I'm pretty damn close.

I do this to try and give insight and make it easier for the little guy, trying to level the uneven playing field. If no one wants my advice on the opposite side of the fence (ie not being a cheerleader) then that's fine, my portfolio is in rude good health and I'll concentrate on that instead.

Annoyance works both ways you lot...

Don't leave Moosie, I enjoy your posts and what you have said on this thread has come true. I guess people that are knocking you just do not like the truth as it is hurting them in the pocket, or people just do not like people who make predictions before the event rather than after the event. Its good for newbies to read insights be they positive or negative to see the pitfalls that are prevalent in the NZX. But then history has shown that we generally do not learn from hearing but from experience :)

axe
17-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Don't leave Moosie, I enjoy your posts and what you have said on this thread has come true. I guess people that are knocking you just do not like the truth as it is hurting them in the pocket, or people just do not like people who make predictions before the event rather than after the event. Its good for newbies to read insights be they positive or negative to see the pitfalls that are prevalent in the NZX. But then history has shown that we generally do not learn from hearing but from experience :)

i
Moosie's posts are always worth reading. The point with SNAKK he has made on several occasions is great company ... sh** investment.

There are a lot of unhappy investors wanting to unload shares, hence why any upward movement in the SP , gets dumped on pretty quick.

The company will have to deliver a consistent and excellent performance to overcome the negative market sentiment.

couta1
17-07-2014, 06:35 PM

My average posts per day has started to drop as I started off pretty much spamming these boards back in 2012. It will drop even further if I decide to leave like Sparky as now that I have changed my tune (NO ONE questioned my posts when the NZX was extremely bullish...) all I receive is criticism and name calling. Must admit, I'm pretty damn close.

I do this to try and give insight and make it easier for the little guy, trying to level the uneven playing field. If no one wants my advice on the opposite side of the fence (ie not being a cheerleader) then that's fine, my portfolio is in rude good health and I'll concentrate on that instead.

Your an enthusiastic guy Moosie I can identify with that honesty is great and mixed with a bit of compassion its even better. Posting frequency also relates to personality type and this forum would be pretty boring if everyone posted infrequently so all good there. I don't knock people who irritate me everyone is entitled to their opinion and selling for a big loss takes guts but so does sitting out for years on end waiting for a cycle to turn at the end of the day we can only blame ourselves for bad choices even if made taking advice off here so stick around your a valuable member of this forum:cool:

RGR367
17-07-2014, 06:36 PM

Maybe I wasn't reading enough as I'm not really interested on posts I got no shares on but can you Guys just point me on what posts got really bad reviews or exchanges? I read some bad ones but that should be expected on such an emo forum such as this. Personally, I like it when someone post a contradiction on the prevailing views whether it carries some personal garbage.

see weed
17-07-2014, 11:45 PM

Keep up the good work Moosie & Balance. Carry on posting and keeping us informed.

Balance
18-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Balance, you have a latest shareholders list? I'm sure we'd like to know if entities like Sparkbox are Handley related.

Latest shareholders list show Geoffrey John Handley gone as #3 shareholder. So assume he has exited his 12m shares which he obtained at 0.5c.

So cost him $60,000 and if he exited at an average of 10c, he netted $1.2m.

Good on him and congratulations. Quaking ducks want to be fed and they were fed!

couta1
18-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Latest shareholders list show Geoffrey John Handley gone as #3 shareholder. So assume he has exited his 12m shares which he obtained at 0.5c

So cost him $60,000 and if he exited at an average of 10c, he netted $1.2m.

Good on him and congratulations. Quaking ducks want to be fed and they were fed!
And profit made with the highest level of business ethics and morality of course:eek2:

Balance
18-07-2014, 11:49 AM
And profit made with the highest level of business ethics and morality of course:eek2:

In every decade, fortunes are made from those who think they know better than those with bitter and/or hard learnt experiences before them.

Harvey Specter
18-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Latest shareholders list show Geoffrey John Handley gone as #3 shareholder. So assume he has exited his 12m shares which he obtained at 0.5c.Those were the ones to be sold to his charitable trust? Has that shown up on the list or was that just a convenient excuse for the shares to be sold, obscured from view.

Balance
18-07-2014, 12:42 PM
And that, folks, is all she wrote.

Hard to write anything else when one is confronted with such overwhelming stupidity by those who actually believe shares issued at 0.5c can be worth 2000% more within a year through a backdoor listed start up!

robbo24
18-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Those were the ones to be sold to his charitable trust? Has that shown up on the list or was that just a convenient excuse for the shares to be sold, obscured from view.

If you're interested I did a post of the highlights from the Handley Duck Feeding Trust Deed a number of months ago. I am really busy otherwise I would find it from you.

Shoulder Tap or something else to another part of the body?

Harvey Specter
18-07-2014, 02:28 PM
If you're interested I did a post of the highlights from the Handley Duck Feeding Trust Deed a number of months ago. I am really busy otherwise I would find it from you. Yip - I remember that. I was just wondering if the 'charitable' trust held onto the shares or whether they cashed out. Given that Snakk pays no dividend, for the trust to do anything, I assume it must have cashed them out, which would make the statement, I haven't sold out, I just sold to my charitable trust a bit ingenuous.

robbo24
18-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Yip - I remember that. I was just wondering if the 'charitable' trust held onto the shares or whether they cashed out. Given that Snakk pays no dividend, for the trust to do anything, I assume it must have cashed them out, which would make the statement, I haven't sold out, I just sold to my charitable trust a bit ingenuous.

I gifted them as capital to my charitable trust.

I reserve the right, as trustee, to sell the shares.

And pay myself a trustees fee.

And to invest the money in other companies.

In particular, companies where I am a director or an employee.

And pay myself.

Copper
25-07-2014, 07:45 AM
I gifted them as capital to my charitable trust.

I reserve the right, as trustee, to sell the shares.

And pay myself a trustees fee.

And to invest the money in other companies.

In particular, companies where I am a director or an employee.

And pay myself.

Looks like by the activity here that all the posters are away actioning your post advice....

J R Ewing
25-07-2014, 08:49 AM
When the thread goes quiet like this, I always wonder why the guys that moan about there not being enough real, positive analysis and serious discussion don't get stuck in and put up some great posts.

Copper
25-07-2014, 09:06 AM
When the thread goes quiet like this, I always wonder why the guys that moan about there not being enough real, positive analysis and serious discussion don't get stuck in and put up some great posts.

Good comment.....They are probably all down at the PEB thread giving some erudite comment on the PE ratio of a bladder cancer test.cheers..

Cobber
27-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Appears the head of DCC.AX is about to give Handley and Snakk a serious run for their money over in Oz. Problem is, he has DCC to back him up and act as a cash cow. Handley can't raise money as he shot himself in the foot on this side of the ditch with his silly stunts! Things about to get real tough in the mobile ad space...

ummmm..... they are in completely different industries.

DCC is a bitcoin exchange.

Snakk is an online media placement company for mobile screens.

If anything, DCC would probably use Snakk Media for their advertising as Snakk could optimise ad inventory towards users who use bitcoin as an online payment format.

I'd say Handley would be quite excited to know they have deep pockets.

Heres DCC synopsis from ASX, but checkout their website for more detail : Digital CC Limited operates in the Bitcoin industry and other digital currency industries. The company is involved in Bitcoin mining operations, and trading desk and market making activities across a range of Bitcoin and other digital currency exchanges. It also focuses on the development of retail consumer products, including digital currency mobile applications. The company is based in Bentley, Australia.

clip
27-07-2014, 08:10 PM
ummmm..... they are in completely different industries.

DCC is a bitcoin exchange.

Snakk is an online media placement company for mobile screens.

If anything, DCC would probably use Snakk Media for their advertising as Snakk could optimise ad inventory towards users who use bitcoin as an online payment format.

Correct they are in different industries, I would highly doubt DCC would use snakk for their advertising considering Zenya T of DCC made his fortune himself in advertising space and would be unlikely to give away money to someone else to do something he can do himself.

Not sure how DCC affects snakk's chances of expansion though Moosie? DCC is not focussing on mobile advertising at all

Harvey Specter
27-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Ah crap, maybe I am blonde! The title was "Plottimg the next move" then went on to detail his old business Mpire and how it went downhill because of the rise of apps and decline of SMS services. Whoops! :pit did talk about his new company as well which is an advertising. How you can do two start ups at once, who knows.

The guy sounds similar to Handley. Lots of big ideas but m focus.

clip
27-07-2014, 09:15 PM
it did talk about his new company as well which is an advertising. How you can do two start ups at once, who knows.
The guy sounds similar to Handley. Lots of big ideas but m focus.

Time will tell.. I personally believe he has the focus required. Has a good team with him as well on DCC - CEO of cloudhashing.com another BTC mining company (where the offer 'cloud mining' power e.g. you pay x per month to rent x ghz/mhz of mining power. More info in the DCC thread http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?9664-Digital-Bitcoin-DCC-ASX/page6) But I digress this is veering off course from SNK..

ari
31-07-2014, 12:49 PM
https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/197740.pdf

Balance
31-07-2014, 01:00 PM
https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/197740.pdf

Fascinating browse through.

For a Team B company with great aspirations, what is telling is the lack of real details about what the directors and promoters have been up to. Plenty of rar rar about the size of the market and its growth potential blah blah etc.

But a quick review shows :

Chairman Handley picked up cool $250,000 over 2013/14 for services to the company. No mention at all of how many shares he soldm or any of the other directors sold. NZAX and backdoor listed company, see?

8.3m new options issued at average exercise price of 6.5c - heads they win, tails you lose.

J R Ewing
31-07-2014, 01:06 PM
I looks like Handleys shares are held by Far East associated traders Limited. 18.29% as at 27 May 13, 15.65% as at 13 Jan 14 and 15.38% as at 2 July 14.

Balance
31-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Handley is STILL selling!

Jesus wept...

Nope - Handley and his gang are crying into their champagne and caviar on a super yacht with the beautiful people - it was all so too easy!

Harvey Specter
31-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Chairman Handley picked up cool $250,000 over 2013/14 for services to the company.That is a lot for a Chairman.

Edit - I see that is for 2 years so a bit more reasonable, espeically since he got Branson to speak (via video) at the IPO ;)

Blue Horseshoe
31-07-2014, 01:32 PM
That is a lot for a Chairman.

Not for a future multi million dollar company.

Balance
31-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Not for a future multi million dollar company.

Which is going back to becoming a multi-thousand dollar company the way the sp is falling, and the amount of cash now burning through the company.

Capital raising real soon imo - reason is expansion blah blah blah.

Copper
31-07-2014, 01:40 PM

For a Team B company with great aspirations, what is telling is the lack of real details about what the directors and promoters have been up to. Plenty of rar rar about the size of the market and its growth potential blah blah etc.

Chairman Handley picked up cool $250,000 over 2013/14 for services to the company. No mention at all of how many shares he soldm or any of the other directors sold. NZAX and backdoor listed company, see?

8.3m new options issued at average exercise price of 6.5c - heads they win, tails you lose.
Pretty mellow for you Balance....Has the PEB mob worn the sharp edge down a little...

Banksie
31-07-2014, 01:42 PM
"As part of our treasury management and social impact strategy, in December 2013 we invested NZD$200,000 of our treasury funds to the MicroDreams Foundation in the form of an interest bearing-loan." From the financials the interest rate is 3%.

So hats off to them for helping MicroDreams, but it is still an investment on their part, even if a very risky one. Not quite as altruistic as they make out.

Blue Horseshoe
31-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Which is going back to becoming a multi-thousand dollar company the way the sp is falling, and the amount of cash now burning through the company.

Capital raising real soon imo - reason is expansion blah blah blah.

6.3 million In the bank , what are ya.

Balance
31-07-2014, 01:52 PM
6.3 million In the bank , what are ya.

You read me right - as I wrote, rapidly becoming a multi-thousand dollar company courtesy of the way the company is managed.

Meanwhile, think of Steve Jobs on $1 a year with a multi-billion dollar company and Warren Buffet on $100,000 a year.

They are both happy to let their shares do the talking.

Harvey Specter
31-07-2014, 01:55 PM
Meanwhile, think of Steve Jobs on $1 a year with a multi-billion dollar company and Warren Buffet on $100,000 a year.By comparison, I looked at GEO which was also released today. Weldon got $50k for being chairman and LG got $425k as CEO (Base is $175 and unknown whether the rest is a one off or not).

Blue Horseshoe
31-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Blue Horseshoe
31-07-2014, 02:00 PM

J R Ewing
31-07-2014, 02:08 PM
You read me right - as I wrote, rapidly becoming a multi-thousand dollar company courtesy of the way the company is managed.

Meanwhile, think of Steve Jobs on $1 a year with a multi-billion dollar company and Warren Buffet on $100,000 a year.

They are both happy to let their shares do the talking.

And Handleys shares are doing the walking!

J R Ewing
31-07-2014, 02:14 PM

I don't think this is a good analogy. Founding shareholders who retain a large % are often paid relatively low salaries, such as Buffet and Jobs as above.

It's the monkeys that get paid inflated salaries and bonuses in order to align their interests with those of shareholders (in other words to actually do the job they are employed to do).

Balance
31-07-2014, 03:00 PM

If Steve Jobs and Warren Buffett are monkeys (given they are paid peanuts and rely on share price performances), then what are the directors and management of Snakk?

Scary thought!

Cobber
31-07-2014, 03:56 PM
If Steve Jobs and Warren Buffett are monkeys (given they are paid peanuts and rely on share price performances), then what are the directors and management of Snakk?

Scary thought!

When Steve Jobs was earning a $1 a year, he was doing it for the love of the company. He owned 1 share in Apple when he came back in 1997.

He didn't get any options or the plane for another 3 - 4 years which means he effectively worked for nothing.

Jobs and Buffet are a very rare breed. Comparing anyone to them is a bit ridiculous.

Cobber
31-07-2014, 03:58 PM

It could be worse Balance.

The share price could have been 20 cents or more. I bet he's not making nearly as much money as he was counting on his fingers 12 months ago.

Blue Horseshoe
31-07-2014, 04:15 PM

The share price could have been 20 cents or more. I bet he's not making nearly as much money as he was counting on his fingers 12 months ago.

This Jobs fellow is he from the company that screwed over rns by moving the goal posts and reducing margins?

Balance
31-07-2014, 04:16 PM

For minority shareholders' sake, be great if sp was 20c or better still, 50c.

But it was never going to be as Handley and gang could not and cannot wait to get their 0.5c shares sold and out. Such confidence they have in the future sp of Snakk

Blue Horseshoe
31-07-2014, 04:47 PM
For minority shareholders' sake, be great if sp was 20c or better still, 50c.

But it was never going to be as Handley and gang could not and cannot wait to get their 0.5c shares sold and out. Such confidence they have in the future sp of Snakk

Sounds like DD selling out of peb after big ramp up.

Copper
31-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Enough to make you quit the sharemarket eh? Big boys almost always look after themselves and pretty much no one else;Handley is no different, no matter how much ethical BS he spouts. It is a rare company to find that actually wants to create and retain shareholder wealth...

I hate to say it but that's starting to sound like a far left political speech .Let's not go that direction.We are just having the usual Balance/Moosie verse the rest, cross border clash which always happens at announcement time.Hasn't got too vindictive this time around.Will all go away in a day or so and it's back to doing a hatchet job on the next poor soul on the PEB or GEO thread..cheers.

Balance
01-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Enough to make you quit the sharemarket eh? Big boys almost always look after themselves and pretty much no one else;Handley is no different, no matter how much ethical BS he spouts. It is a rare company to find that actually wants to create and retain shareholder wealth...

Plenty of those, Moose if you look beyond the high beta and speculative 'easy come, easy go' end of the market - try AIA, MFT, RYM, SKC, SKT etc. I have had some of these stocks for a long long time and lose no sleep (or money) with them.

Meanwhile, your ex-hero is back in the news :

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11302465

See how cosy he has gotten with the media where the NZ Herald will publish the most profoundly contradictory pieces from him, but will not print a single line of how Snakk has been an outstanding example of how to bugger up the listed capital markets in NZ for start ups?

Now, that is something you can definitely learn from your ex-hero!

Harvey Specter
01-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Now, that is something you can definitely learn from your ex-hero!Well he has new faces to mentor now that his ShoulderTap is complete: http://www.derekhandley.org/category/posts/

Balance
01-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Well he has new faces to mentor now that his ShoulderTap is complete: http://www.derekhandley.org/category/posts/

Shudder.

Wonder why Moose did not get the job?

Harvey Specter
01-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Wonder why Moose did not get the job?I know one of them and they are a good operator so has actually changed my mind a bit on it. Wonder how it will turn out.

Swiftideas
08-08-2014, 12:16 AM
'Cause I either would have fallen asleep because of his mindless dribble or kneecapped him for being a hypocrite within the first half hour!!!

...but just imagine what you could do with all those bitcoins Moosie.

Cobber
08-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Wonder what happened to the ASX listing? Or Asian expansion? Deafly quietly here Mr Handley, we need some more bread!

*pictures Handley bundled up on a freezing lake in the depths of winter chucking bread onto the frozen surface singing "here ducky ducky ducky duck".*

From what I am hearing, things are going well in Asia. I suspect we will hear more at the AGM after they have had quite a few of the campaigns completed and new ones locked in.

Balance
08-08-2014, 10:19 AM
From what I am hearing, things are going well in Asia. I suspect we will hear more at the AGM after they have had quite a few of the campaigns completed and new ones locked in.

As usual, a few shares in the offing ready to feed the quaking ducks as the positives roll out like snakes flushed out by mongooses (in this case, moose).

:D :D :D

Cobber
08-08-2014, 11:57 AM
As usual, a few shares in the offing ready to feed the quaking ducks as the positives roll out like snakes flushed out by mongooses (in this case, moose).

Gobble, gobble, gobble..... blah, blah, blah.... welcome back Balance.

Copper
08-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Gobble, gobble, gobble..... blah, blah, blah.... welcome back Balance.
Yep..You may well say that Cobber...The twins have been spending some time on the PEB thread trying to work out the height or otherwise ,of a dead cat bounce.Needs a lot of analysis. Still good to get some action here even if it's just the usual duck quacking stuff..Maybe the AGM may bring another burst of in depth philosophical comment ....

Balance
08-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Yep..You may well say that Cobber...The twins have been spending some time on the PEB thread trying to work out the height or otherwise ,of a dead cat bounce.Needs a lot of analysis. Still good to get some action here even if it's just the usual duck quacking stuff..Maybe the AGM may bring another burst of in depth philosophical comment ....

Don't ask us - ask Chairman Derek Handley. He seemingly knows everything and was not only paid $250,000 over 2013/14 but sold heaps of shares to supplement his low income as well.

Copper
08-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Don't ask us - ask Chairman Derek Handley. He seemingly knows everything and was not only paid $250,000 over 2013/14 but sold heaps of shares to supplement his low income as well.

Balance I am at a loss to understand what relevance to anything that post has other than for you to get Handleys name into the mix.I haven't asked you anything ....Have I missed something or are you off on one of your tangents again.....

Balance
08-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Balance I am at a loss to understand what relevance to anything that post has other than for you to get Handleys name into the mix.I haven't asked you anything ....Have I missed something or are you off on one of your tangents again.....

Eh - you mentioned 'needs a lot of analysis'?

Fact is, Snakk does not need a lot of analysis - it needs the $250,000 Chairman who is busy selling shares to front up and write about Snakk (or snakes), instead of all the useless articles he is busy submitting to the media.

Giving those who are snakers a helping hand here.

Blue Horseshoe
08-08-2014, 06:26 PM

Just ignore her, she is just trying to wind you up.

Copper
08-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Just ignore her, she is just trying to wind you up.

Sorry BH. But is Balance winding me up or am I winding Balance up??? Just a weeny bit confused. It's interesting but if I am the one being wound up then you appear to know Balance is female.I envisaged an aging male who was in the financial sector and got caught up in some crash and is now a commentator on everything in that sector.His comments on the NZX ,the SFO and every other body and person that seems to promote anti nasties is legendary.cheers

Blue Horseshoe
08-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Sorry BH. But is Balance winding me up or am I winding Balance up??? Just a weeny bit confused. It's interesting but if I am the one being wound up then you appear to know Balance is female.I envisaged an aging male who was in the financial sector and got caught up in some crash and is now a commentator on everything in that sector.His comments on the NZX ,the SFO and every other body and person that seems to promote anti nasties is legendary.cheers

I was under the impression that Balance was an old women.? With all the for mentioned.

Copper
08-08-2014, 07:42 PM
I was under the impression that Balance was an old women.? With all the for mentioned.

Classic......Tks

Balance
08-08-2014, 08:22 PM
19 June 2013 : Well said MPC, this company has massive potential and that's why I am accumulating at these prices. :)

Whatever happened to the massive potential? Sp now half of that in June 2013 and Chairman Derek is nowhere to be seen - after pocketing $250k and selling millions of shares.

If 15c was great, you must be mortgaging the house and buying off Derek at these levels?

Blue Horseshoe
08-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Don't let the sp determine your view - let your view determine whether you buy or sell a stock.

Blue Horseshoe
08-08-2014, 08:39 PM
I recall Diligent went to 5 cents at one stage, oh and didn't one of there ex chief executives just get convicted for layering.

Balance
08-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Don't let the sp determine your view - let your view determine whether you buy or sell a stock.

Exactly - that's why Moose and I are encouraging you, as the ultimate proponent of the huge potential of Snakk at 15c, to really back up your belief by accumulating even more shares NOW at half price. :D

Blue Horseshoe
08-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Hey the lower the price goes the better, hopefully I'll be able to pick up more at a good discount, before the smart money catches on. Keep up the good work.

Balance
08-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Average down now before it hits 20c.

Does this still apply?

Oh, I forgot - Derek decided 2900% profit was enough for him to unleash his shares at 15c.

Blue Horseshoe
08-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Absolutely, when this baby goes up it will fly, mark my words.

Copper
08-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Moosie and Balance I personally think that you don't realize just what damage you are doing to reputations you once had.Recently you have both just gone AWOL on good commentary.Just a comment..cheers....

Balance
08-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Moosie and Balance I personally think that you don't realize just what damage you are doing to reputations you once had.Recently you have both just gone AWOL on good commentary.Just a comment..cheers....

Thanks for your concern, Copper - seriously and sincerely.

Trouble is that Moose and I think this company is a joke so it shall be treated as such.

Ok with you?

Copper
09-08-2014, 07:39 AM
Thanks for your concern, Copper - seriously and sincerely.

Trouble is that Moose and I think this company is a joke so it shall be treated as such.

Ok with you?

Thank you for your sincere reply.I didn't want to offend anyone but I felt that both of you had drifted far and wide from the respected position you usually hold.The early days here certainly were tainted with everything.Let's hope better days may eventuate.All OK with me except the share price.Have a great weekend if the cold hasn't got to you.Kind regards C.

Copper
09-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Company isn't a joke, but the priginal shareholders and Chairman (and his family) sure are treating it like one! Honestly feel sorry for the hardworking CEO and the employees making a go of it being played like a fiddle by Handley for personal gain and being hypocritical at the same time...

You sum it up exactly as I see it.As I said to Balance,let's hope the future under Mark Ryan is a great deal brighter.Cheers....

Balance
09-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Wishful thinking that Mark Ryan can run Snakk effectively and efficiently with parasites sucking away at the company's goodwill and cash flow.

Swiftideas
10-08-2014, 04:17 AM
parasites sucking away at the company's goodwill.

Balance, your argument on realisation multiple can be good fodder but Copper has a point on credibility. You only ever bring a falling knife. Never an alternative recommendation, market insight or estimate earning potential.
You've repeatedly stated zero intent or trading position on SNK and yet you're across hundreds of posts getting dark on Derek and you keep coming back for more. Tell us, do you have a bottom on this stock or just a strong desire to see it go belly up?

Balance
10-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Balance, your argument on realisation multiple can be good fodder but Copper has a point on credibility. You only ever bring a falling knife. Never an alternative recommendation, market insight or estimate earning potential.
You've repeatedly stated zero intent or trading position on SNK and yet you're across hundreds of posts getting dark on Derek and you keep coming back for more. Tell us, do you have a bottom on this stock or just a strong desire to see it go belly up?

Can you handle the truth, son?

nextbigthing
10-08-2014, 09:32 AM
Can you handle the truth, son?

Balance is Handleys father.

Cobber
11-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Absolutely, when this baby goes up it will fly, mark my words.

I concur....

Cobber
11-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Wishful thinking that Mark Ryan can run Snakk effectively and efficiently with parasites sucking away at the company's goodwill and cash flow.

Their cashflow is fine Balance. Bit cheeky throwing in false truths like that.

Balance
11-08-2014, 11:19 AM

False truths? Have you actually look at their financial position, cash burn rate, investment rate and future cash requirements?

If you want false/half truths, go through the PR releases from this company and there is no better example in recent times of a company going well out of its way to not be transparent.

jonu
11-08-2014, 11:25 AM

No one's cashflow is fine when bigger sales brings bigger losses!

Balance
11-08-2014, 11:27 AM
So you have proof that the chairman of Snakk is selling? I'm sure everyone on this thread would enjoy seeing this proof. If you want to protect us as much as you say above.... we're ready to be convinced.

This is the quality of Cobber's analysis and understanding of how Snakk works.

Cannot be bothered to even read announcements from the company properly - needs someone else to decipher for him!

Then when it is deciphered and proof is given, and it's not to his liking, he changed tack and asserted that it did not really matter that the Chairman was selling shares!

Well, the market certainly disagreed with you based upon the sp reaction - and oh, never saw a madder Moose in my life!

Copper
11-08-2014, 02:35 PM
One thing always intrigues me and I have mentioned it before.If they end up with the same money in the bank at the end of the period as they had at the start,that's 6.5 mill I think,they are only spending the actual cash flow they earn,aren't they??Handley can't be taking it out and putting it back in the other end.Sounds a bit like social credit...Any comments that address this question appreciated...

blackcap
11-08-2014, 02:43 PM
One thing always intrigues me and I have mentioned it before.If they end up with the same money in the bank at the end of the period as they had at the start,that's 6.5 mill I think,they are only spending the actual cash flow they earn,aren't they??Handley can't be taking it out and putting it back in the other end.Sounds a bit like social credit...Any comments that address this question appreciated...

Just had a quick read of the cash flow report in the Annual. There are a few different kinds of cashflows. I think you will find that $6.6m of their cash came from "issue of shares" and that is not operational. Operational cash flows were a negative $1.19 million. (not as bad as I initially thought their cash burn would be but will not be buying this stock until they prove over an extended period of time that they can be profitable)

Balance
11-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Just had a quick read of the cash flow report in the Annual. There are a few different kinds of cashflows. I think you will find that $6.6m of their cash came from "issue of shares" and that is not operational. Operational cash flows were a negative $1.19 million. (not as bad as I initially thought their cash burn would be but will not be buying this stock until they prove over an extended period of time that they can be profitable)

They have been paying some of their creditors (ie,. supplier of services) in options and shares?

Cobber
11-08-2014, 03:04 PM
False truths? Have you actually look at their financial position, cash burn rate, investment rate and future cash requirements?

If you want false/half truths, go through the PR releases from this company and there is no better example in recent times of a company going well out of its way to not be transparent.

They have over $5 million in the bank.

They are a start-up, and start ups can't grow for free.... maybe not your cup of tea Balance, but the rest of us seem quite happy with where Snakk currently sits and how they are executing.

blackcap
11-08-2014, 03:08 PM
They have been paying some of their creditors (ie,. supplier of services) in options and shares?

I was unaware of this.. just did a quick and dirty look at the CF statement. You mean in note 25 in the annual? That is interesting reading in itself.

Cobber
11-08-2014, 03:08 PM

They are fine when shareholders fund it knowing that those funds are being used to grow a business into multiple territories.

If you are a Snakk shareholder and have a problem with this, then you should be getting out. The company advised of losses right from the start when doing the capital raising.

jonu
11-08-2014, 03:19 PM
They are fine when shareholders fund it knowing that those funds are being used to grow a business into multiple territories.

If you are a Snakk shareholder and have a problem with this, then you should be getting out. The company advised of losses right from the start when doing the capital raising.

What you are describing Cobber is capital raising- not cashflow.

J R Ewing
11-08-2014, 04:56 PM
So it would appear that a key contractor presents Snakk with a bill for their services. Rather than pay the bill, the Snakk board elect to dilute shareholders equity by issuing options. The contractor then converts to shares and sells on market.

Cobber, Swiftideas, and others, are you happy with this? It seems to me to be a strange way to operate a business and I wouldn't be that happy about it if I was a shareholder.

Copper
11-08-2014, 05:08 PM
They have over $5 million in the bank.

They are a start-up, and start ups can't grow for free.... maybe not your cup of tea Balance, but the rest of us seem quite happy with where Snakk currently sits and how they are executing.
I see my earlier question about money has started a Pandora's box of new directions for debate.I was of the understanding that they still had 6.5 mill but you are probably more accurate than me at 5 mill.My misunderstanding,sorry.....Go for it lads and lassies I will retire momentarily. Cheers.

Balance
19-08-2014, 05:44 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=11310223

Handley Foundation doing some good.

nextbigthing
19-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Moosie being Canadian you'd be dying to get out and tick the leaf on the 20th Sept? That's if you can remember and don't get districted by your hunger.

robbo24
19-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Ah yes, love this quote:

"...otherwise the views of old people will be the ones that will win this election and that would really suck."

If the uninformed, sound-bite driven views of people my age and younger that I see nowadays are anything to go by then I support the old codgers by a country mile. And I'm only 28!!!

Nevertheless, good on her for creating something to try and get the highest percentage non-voting section of society out to vote. Hopefully they'll also do some research before they tick boxes on September 20th.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- E B Hall

I'm still gutted that moosie didn't get chosen for the Shoulder Trap after the glowing reference I wrote for him.

Copper
19-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Handley wants yes men in awe of his supposed superiority, not ethical people challenging his authority ;)
I give a great plus to Balance for at least posting something that we were unaware of that is a positive in this Election Day politics.Good on you......cheers

sommelier
20-08-2014, 04:11 PM
http://iab.org.nz/news/item/interactive-advertising-experiences-biggest-quarter-in-q2-2014

Unsurprising but impressive growth in mobile media spending in NZ. Now we just need a graph showing market share!

sharp
27-08-2014, 09:41 AM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/254438

Revenue up 67% year-on-year and ASX listing prospects.

All positive news, but no doubt Moosie will go on blah blah about ducks in a row blah blah blah.

jonu
27-08-2014, 09:43 AM

All positive news, but no doubt Moosie will go on blah blah about ducks in a row blah blah blah.

I'm not the Moose, but no mention of % costs rise for the period. Suspect it might have been higher than the revenue!

Balance
27-08-2014, 09:45 AM

ASX listing?

The Ozzies will run a million miles after observing the orgy of selling by the big original shareholders even while SNK and they professed their undying confidence in the glorious future of the industry and the company.

And begging bowl is out - they will be looking to shareholders for more 'growth' capital soon.

Meanwhile, I see that there's no mention of the Chairman continuing his sell down of shares as one of the highlights of 2014 so far?

Harvey Specter
27-08-2014, 09:49 AM
ASX listing?

The Ozzies will run a million miles after observing the orgy of selling by the big original shareholders even while SNK and they professed their undying confidence in the glorious future of the industry and the company.

And begging bowl is out - they will be looking to shareholders for more 'growth' capital soon.

Meanwhile, I see that there's no mention of the Chairman continuing his sell down of shares as one of the highlights of 2014 so far?There is one benefit from the 'orgy of selling'. Once they have sold, they cant do it again (do they have in the money options?).

sharp
27-08-2014, 09:54 AM
ASX listing?

Meanwhile, I see that there's no mention of the Chairman continuing his sell down of shares as one of the highlights of 2014 so far?

ASX listing equals more exposure and credibility for their clients in Aussie?

No doubt ASX is a good option if they ever needed to raise capital.

Balance
27-08-2014, 10:04 AM
There is one benefit from the 'orgy of selling'. Once they have sold, they cant do it again (do they have in the money options?).

Ah, but what have they sold?

A lemon sold is still a lemon.

Dentie
27-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Ah, but what have they sold?

A lemon sold is still a lemon.

Here we go again....the silence from you Balance was becoming deafening. Welcome back...

The tide appears to be building....you can only push against it for so long.

sommelier
27-08-2014, 10:27 AM
If the growth stays solid (67%) we are looking at a company that for $20m mcap (Aug 2014) has $11m revenue and a $1-2m loss for the year (2015), followed by $19.6m revenue with a $700k profit the following year (2016). This is if sales costs are pegged to revenue based on the 2014 Annual report rate (0.59x) and expenses increase at a rate pegged to the growth percentage, based on the 2014 Annual report rate ($18k expense increase per 1% revenue growth). The fun starts if they can keep it up (67% growth) for a third year, with $32m revenue and $4.7m profit.

I'm not a big holder but I feel like the risk keeps dropping. This forum is the only place I've ever heard Derek bad-mouthed, so I'd be surprised if his reputation precedes him in Aus.

jonu
27-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Here we go again....the silence from you Balance was becoming deafening. Welcome back...

The tide appears to be building....you can only push against it for so long.

Yes Dentie. But is the tide coming in or going out?

Dentie
27-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Yes Dentie. But is the tide coming in or going out?

How often have you seen a building tide when it's on its way out?