PDA

View Full Version : Key seems to think it OK to well stretch the truth a bit

winner69
26-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Sometimes one should shut up ....greenwashing at its worst ....and consumers turn off companies that do it ....so maybe a turn off for NZ

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10850101

PM dismisses '100% Pure' criticism .....because '100% Pure is (only) a marketing campaign' ....and 'people did not expect waterways to be 100 percent pollution-free any more'

Greenwashing at its best

elZorro
26-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Sometimes one should shut up ....greenwashing at its worst ....and consumers turn off companies that do it ....so maybe a turn off for NZ

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10850101

PM dismisses '100% Pure' criticism .....because '100% Pure is (only) a marketing campaign' ....and 'people did not expect waterways to be 100 percent pollution-free any more'

Greenwashing at its best

Winner69, yes, I'm worried about this too, posted something up the other day.

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?8606-If-National-wins&p=385465&viewfull=1#post385465

iceman
26-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Agree W69 and EZ, very bad form and comments from the PM. Should have taken the high road, not going on the negative defense. We do not need to make excuses in NZ, we have a very nice, clean and green environment, as I think anyone that travels overseas would agree with. The "scientist" that made those ill informed and stupid comments to the NY Times should also be held responsible for trying to destroy NZ's good and well deserved image.

Hoop
26-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Puffery at it's best or at it's worst.....??? It doesn't matter...it can work both ways

Puffery is an artform...brilliant when done well.....if it hits the News everyone becomes aware and 90% of everyone uses their commonsense... that is the marketing objective.

Well done Tourism New Zealand's 100% Pure campaign.....

The critics and the other 10% of everybody played their role well too ...they got sucked in and complained bitterly over the media... just as they should.

Even got John Key chirping in which gave it extra mileage.....how brilliant is that.

binary
27-11-2012, 06:55 AM
To be fair that "scientist" is very well informed from my personal experience. However he is rather delusional about building a strong economy whilst balancing environmental concerns.

elZorro
27-11-2012, 07:13 AM
To be fair that "scientist" is very well informed from my personal experience. However he is rather delusional about building a strong economy whilst balancing environmental concerns.

Maybe what he means is that using farm animals to build our way to prosperity might not be the smartest idea. Niche manufacturing and exporting IT is usually a lot tidier for the environment, and the employment density is higher.

fungus pudding
27-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Maybe what he means is that using farm animals to build our way to prosperity might not be the smartest idea. Niche manufacturing and exporting IT is usually a lot tidier for the environment, and the employment density is higher.

Hopefully someone will give you a new drum for Christmas eZ,

craic
27-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Why is this rubbish on the NZX and not where it belongs, the Off Market discussions thread or the better place on the political/election stuff at the end of the page where ez usually posts his anti-national rants

skid
27-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Agree W69 and EZ, very bad form and comments from the PM. Should have taken the high road, not going on the negative defense. We do not need to make excuses in NZ, we have a very nice, clean and green environment, as I think anyone that travels overseas would agree with. The "scientist" that made those ill informed and stupid comments to the NY Times should also be held responsible for trying to destroy NZ's good and well deserved image.

Im not sure I totally agree with you Iceman--New Zealand is far better than most countries,but lets face it ,we could be better,so why not work on it.
Im sure there are ways without flushing the economy down the toilet.
Having said that ,I agree,Keys comments miss the mark.
He ''takes a hit for our clean green image[$$$]without a plan to remedy any problems.

bucko
27-11-2012, 08:59 AM
http://carbonfootprintofnations.com/content/emissions_worldwide/

Here's a pretty cool webpage showing carbon emissions per capita, a lot of larger countries with lower per capita emissions than NZ. I think the type of people which read the NYT are also the type of people with enough common sense to understand basic marketing.

and Skid to help the economy i think the govt should get GEL to open a few gold mines and for NZO to drill a few rigs too ;) haha purely for the economies sake....

Xerof
27-11-2012, 09:07 AM
This thread is 'thread pollution'

could the Mods move it to the appropriate category?

winner69
27-11-2012, 09:49 AM
My sincerest apologies to all those offended by this coming up on this thread - i was not aware there was separate forums ... I just click on the NEW POSTS button and all new posts come up irespective of what they are about

Does it really matter where things are posted ....the worlds in an disorderly mess as it is ... so why shouldn't Sharetrader follow suit

i did not appreciate Forum descriptions were so precious .... please forgive me ...... what is my punishment?

fungus pudding
27-11-2012, 10:17 AM
My sincerest apologies to all those offended by this coming up on this thread -i did not appreciate Forum descriptions were so precious .... please forgive me ...... what is my punishment?

Having to read eZ's posts.

BIRMANBOY
27-11-2012, 10:42 AM
It wasnt that bad FP..show some mercy to your fellow posters:)
Having to read eZ's posts.

slimwin
27-11-2012, 11:22 AM
I'll settle for a pint.

elZorro
27-11-2012, 11:43 AM
My sincerest apologies to all those offended by this coming up on this thread - i was not aware there was separate forums ... I just click on the NEW POSTS button and all new posts come up irespective of what they are about

Does it really matter where things are posted ....the worlds in an disorderly mess as it is ... so why shouldn't Sharetrader follow suit

i did not appreciate Forum descriptions were so precious .... please forgive me ...... what is my punishment?

You should be thrashed within an inch of your life W69.. sorry I couldn't resist pushing out the barrow. I still think that waterways comment by the head of Federated Farmers is shocking, and obviously they don't think so, it's still posted on their website.

ananda77
27-11-2012, 12:28 PM
U

...U ordered to spent indefinite time in Germany, either become a total square head or to get totally sick of square headedness

Kind Regards

BIRMANBOY
27-11-2012, 01:19 PM
You've all got the wrong end of the stick...it was supposed to be regarding the "status" of NZ's female population and the worthiness or not of visiting the country. Strategically marketed towards those countries that have a male/female imbalance such as China.

Xerof
27-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Lol birman

i thought it was a reference to which Steinlager label is currently being consumed

duncan macgregor
27-11-2012, 03:30 PM
You should be thrashed within an inch of your life W69.. sorry I couldn't resist pushing out the barrow. I still think that waterways comment by the head of Federated Farmers is shocking, and obviously they don't think so, it's still posted on their website.Farmers idea of fun where I come from was a whisky party in the cow shed followed by a **** fight on a sat night. Not exactly the model of 100% clean and green. Who cares if the topic should be elsewhere or if a stream is 100% pure the greenies should lighten up let share trader look after its own in their own way. Farmers must be sick of supplying milk to people who think it should not be allowed, let them all eat grass I say, or live in caves, and get rid of their cars or shut up. Macdunk