PDA

View Full Version : NTL - New Talisman Mine - New board & Directors

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

suse
20-03-2018, 06:58 AM
Quite possible that they just realized it won't get sold at this rate and decided to wait for an announcement, or their orders expired.

The shares will become more liquid when the gold starts pouring out of the mine and into our pockets. The price will beat the 3.1c historical high shortly after that anyway.
I bloody hope so!!! I do not like the red arrow on my portfolio.

Bluemanarc
21-03-2018, 10:56 AM
I see someone has a bunch of shares for sale at 7.5c

I love it :)

I might put some of mine on at 9c and hope the news is good.

Not a lot of shares for sale at low levels if a rush, GOLD RUSH, happens

Could be more singing of 'Gold Fever' on this thread soon :)

cammo
21-03-2018, 01:51 PM
I followed their lead ...now bout 4mill up at 8c .

aquaman
22-03-2018, 06:35 AM
I love the optimism...and then there is a bit of a sell off...Let's hope they don't know something😁.

MrMarkT
22-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Update - http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/315905/276671.pdf

jonu
22-03-2018, 02:05 PM
OZ up 0.4 already and trading at 1.7 AUD

blackcap
22-03-2018, 02:14 PM
OZ up 0.4 already and trading at 1.7 AUD

Great chance to sell at 1.8 before it drifts back to 1.4

jonu
22-03-2018, 02:24 PM

Spoken like someone who missed the jump methinks

jonu
22-03-2018, 02:55 PM
For a bit more serious analysis of what this latest announcement means for NTL...

Several of the barriers being raised by protestors and doubters have just been removed.

Some were questioning who was going to process the ore? Answer...NTL themselves...on site and with no nasty chemicals. No need to cart the ore out, saving cost to the company and disruption to the locals.
This should make the cost per oz considerably lower than having to cart ore down the road for treatment and make it even harder for the "environmental" protestors to string any sort of coherent argument together.

Bluemanarc
22-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Had a peak today

Where on earth has that massive block of sellers gone ?????????

Is something going on that we don't know about.

Looks like some people could possibly be in the know ?

Todays announcement proves my point on Monday doesn't it
The news was leaking out that good news was on the horizon and magically all that big massive block of sellers from 1.6 to 2.8 crumbled to dust.

Now a serious buyers has to take price to 2.8c if they want to put in a reasonable amount of dosh.

Don't tell me insider trader doesn't exist.

I am going to now put a couple of Million shares in at 9c in case a gold rush on the limited supply of shares happens.
Rest I am going to hold long term now its all go !!!!!!

jonu
22-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Todays announcement proves my point on Monday doesn't it
The news was leaking out that good news was on the horizon and magically all that big massive block of sellers from 1.6 to 2.8 crumbled to dust.

Now a serious buyers has to take price to 2.8c if they want to put in a reasonable amount of dosh.

Don't tell me insider trader doesn't exist.

I am going to now put a couple of Million shares in at 9c in case a gold rush on the limited supply of shares happens.
Rest I am going to hold long term now its all go !!!!!!

It was sign posted that there would be an update by the end of the quarter Blueman. The closer it got would always see a reduction in sellers.

Bluemanarc
22-03-2018, 03:49 PM
Who is this Blueman you refer to ??

I am ..... "Bluemanarc"

Havent you heard of The Bluemanarc ???

jonu
22-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Who is this Blueman you refer to ??

I am ..... "Bluemanarc"

Havent you heard of The Bluemanarc ???

Is it a variation on the Bloomin 'eck?

Antipodean
22-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Though - bluemangroup - if it were true inside trading wouldn't we have seen massive buying prior to announcement rather than disappearance of high value sell orders?

Yoda
22-03-2018, 05:22 PM
People Steadily chipping away at the .018c this afternoon .. I remember my family saying they saw the news in the uk re the mine last year, but they are all asleep just now. When they wake maybe we will see it rise a bit more,and settle back . I see the council is building a new walkway across the river. Shame really, The kids enjoy the swing bridge. Keep the tourists happy, and keep digging underground (what was that song by the Bee Gees? )

Brain
22-03-2018, 05:58 PM
Totally mystifies me on why people would sell these at 1.8c. After a market update like that I would have thought a bit of optimism would be justified.

Blue Horseshoe
23-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Someone didn't get the memo, and also doesn't keep a very good eye on the rising gold price.

blackcap
23-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Someone didn't get the memo, and also doesn't keep a very good eye on the rising gold price.

Nothing of note here I think. Seen this plenty of times.

Bluemanarc
28-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Someone just bought $238 dollars of shares at .17c

Why would you do that

blackcap
28-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Someone just bought $238 dollars of shares at .17c

Why would you do that

why not? Maybe it was an old party filled order sitting at 1.5 or 1.4 and they just wanted to fill the balance of 14k? Or it was a school kid with not much more money? I know when I was young I used to buy the odd very small $ amount just to have some exposure. But I am guessing its the first example...

Bluemanarc
04-04-2018, 09:37 AM
I just thought the brokerage fee no matter how you buy it, will add too much cost to that.
But yep I see the reasoning now.
I just prefer to deal in 20k lots to keep it simple.
Think its pretty cool to have shares in a gold mine, but also now, we find this is a Green Gold Mine, very cool, maybe worthy of an article or two.

Yoda
04-04-2018, 10:51 PM
Looks like you are right ...;-)
could be a few months before any more news .

Bluemanarc
05-04-2018, 08:02 AM
You couldn't have sold much at 1.8 and you certainly cant buy much up to 1.8 either.
Hard to track real value of share at such low buy and sell levels, I mean, 5k or 10k a day ??

When news ramps up, lets see where 50k or 100k per day leads us.

Stumpynuts
05-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Some NTL news yesterday on ASX, seems to have flown under the radar of those who only follow NZX

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180404/pdf/43syfsdcpgg9rf.pdf

blackcap
05-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Some NTL news yesterday on ASX, seems to have flown under the radar of those who only follow NZX

Highlights:

75kg of ore has been treated....

thats a coulple of buckets worth. Does not seem like a highlight to me, but I could be barking up the wrong tree.

Caesius
05-04-2018, 10:49 PM

They just extracted less than 100 dollars worth of gold, and made a stock market release about it. I don't think there's about it that could fly over the radar with this one. Might be a long wait for more news for those who believe the HG... I mean NTL story.

GLTA

ziggy415
06-04-2018, 06:30 AM
Highlights:

75kg of ore has been treated....

thats a coulple of buckets worth. Does not seem like a highlight to me, but I could be barking up the wrong tree.
the 4 highest ore grades in the world for underground mines are 44gms per ton...22.1.......22....and 16 so as we see dubbo slots in at number two....this is no small high light....remember one bore hole shows over 600 grms per ton of rock.....be patient...it won't happen over night but it will happen

haewai
06-04-2018, 09:33 AM
I thought the ASX release was just notifying that a table had been appended to the market release of a few weeks back.
And that the entire release was about the results of processing testwork. Now they know the best (recovery rate and environmental impact) method to process ore, based on that small sample.
But I guess some people can't read further than one bullet point.

peat
13-04-2018, 12:48 AM
... and dont forget that after the Grinding there was the Knelson Centrifugal Concentrator.
Then a bit of single stage floation and we are talking 94% recoveries.
With inert tailings!

bucko
13-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Lets get political, with the recent kerfuffle around the govt announcement to can oil/gas exploration offshore, do you think the risk of the greens pushing for something similar with mineral extraction has increased?

I don't think it will happen given it's not on the same climate change scale contributor as oil/gas extraction it has been something the Green party has discussed in the past, especially as there was no industry consultation before this announcement just talk of some sort of transition. I mean to give them the benefit of the doubt turning off the switch is technically a transition of sorts, albeit a rather immediate one.

Jaiden
13-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Lets get political, with the recent kerfuffle around the govt announcement to can oil/gas exploration offshore, do you think the risk of the greens pushing for something similar with mineral extraction has increased?

Take this key point from the NZ herald: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12030723
They're just not going to hand out any more oil/gas permits; existing ones aren't being revoked. Since NTL already has mining permits to it's existing sites, nothing changes in the short to mid term range for us.

Though if your worries are correct and they ban future mineral exploration permits, I imagine that NTL would just seek further exploration options in other countries.

cammo
13-04-2018, 03:42 PM
They will likely do this as well, but existing licenses are safe. It would be very costly to cancel rather than just easily say no more.

Bluemanarc
13-04-2018, 07:48 PM

I don't think it will happen given it's not on the same climate change scale contributor as oil/gas extraction it has been something the Green party has discussed in the past, especially as there was no industry consultation before this announcement just talk of some sort of transition. I mean to give them the benefit of the doubt turning off the switch is technically a transition of sorts, albeit a rather immediate one.

I think they will now push this exact kind of operation that NTL are proceeding with, a Green Gold Mine.
NTL are definitely on to a good thing now, very impressive, they have solved about 3 issues with this one concept, very exciting.

youngatheart
16-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Will there be a quarterly this Friday? What impact (if any) do we expect it to have on the share price?

jonu
16-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Will there be a quarterly this Friday? What impact (if any) do we expect it to have on the share price?

I would expect it on the 27th or 30th. Hopefully the prefeasibility study will be complete and include the results from the Rahu drills.

aquaman
17-04-2018, 07:43 PM
Bit of movement in shares today..does someone know something and is selling or does someone know something and is buying?
your "guess" is as good as mine :-). ill still take any opportunity to buy at a discount for the long haul

rainey
18-04-2018, 07:40 PM
Bit of movement in shares today..does someone know something and is selling or does someone know something and is buying?
your "guess" is as good as mine :-). ill still take any opportunity to buy at a discount for the long haul

Does anyone have an idea as to when the mine might start yo produce some result. From experience, these companies seem to drag on and on testing this and that and never getting anywhere

blackcap
18-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Does anyone have an idea as to when the mine might start yo produce some result. From experience, these companies seem to drag on and on testing this and that and never getting anywhere

Been doing it for 25 years in various guises and forms....

Hectorplains
18-04-2018, 08:00 PM
Been doing it for 25 years in various guises and forms....

.... along with schizo inferences on here with every tenth of a pip movement in sp that this is probably, going to be, indicative of something (although; just what this might actual be, is always unstated.)

jonu
26-04-2018, 11:19 AM
I would expect it on the 27th or 30th. Hopefully the prefeasibility study will be complete and include the results from the Rahu drills.

Looking forward to reading the Quarterly. Hopefully it will give a good detailed briefing and not just a rehash of previous updates. It would be nice to read

a. tenders/orders have been placed for extraction/concentration equipment

b. Rahu results or at least a timetable for them

c. release or imminent release of the updated prefeasibility study. The costs per oz should have reduced considerably

Antipodean
26-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Going on past trends we should see the quarterly tomorrow, most likely in the afternoon.

I'm looking forward to a good read.

youngatheart
28-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Well I'm secretly hoping that the reason they didn't release the quarterly on Friday is because they want to do it on Monday for full effect - as opposed to burying it late on a Friday afternoon.

jonu
30-04-2018, 09:15 AM
Well I'm secretly hoping that the reason they didn't release the quarterly on Friday is because they want to do it on Monday for full effect - as opposed to burying it late on a Friday afternoon.

Or waiting until the last minute so that they could include some juicy test results....Here's hoping!

Antipodean
30-04-2018, 10:17 AM
I'm expected a more 'everything still in progress' report now that its coming out on the final day. Good news tends to come early.

ddrone
30-04-2018, 10:22 AM
I'm expected a more 'everything still in progress' report now that its coming out on the final day. Good news tends to come early.

The last Quarterly came out on a Weds on the last day of the month, I wouldn't read much into it. The end of this month just happens to be a Monday instead.

MrMarkT
30-04-2018, 01:00 PM
Just released

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/317318/278377.pdf

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/317317/278378.pdf

jonu
30-04-2018, 01:12 PM
40g/t confirmed! :t_up:

"...shortly import the equipment necessary....which allows us to be self sufficient in the metallurgical route taken for our ore"

swissboy
30-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Well, that quarterly report was a non-event judging by the NZX price. Totally at a loss as to why, when I could only read positive updates and progress from it.

cammo
30-04-2018, 06:48 PM
These guys have pissed round for so long that the price won't change until they have extracted gold and are in full production. Even then it will probably take 2 quarters before anyone believes it.
Having said that, green chemistry and leaving tailings inside means max output and no noise from the ecohippies.
I get the feeling that when the gold actually starts flowing, the fat lady will indeed sing her high C# and there will be smiles all around.

emveha
30-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Ecohippies, mister, are doing the job of keeping the planet pleasant for you. Some of them even own a bit of NTL (just keeping an eye on things). I'm happy with those developments, for the same reasons.

cammo
01-05-2018, 10:43 AM
They would have been more innovative if they had produced a biodigester for waste cyanide using microorganisms.

Not saying ecohippies are bad, but we are now past the point where they feel justified and entitled to cause destruction of property and enterprise in the name of the environment, however misdirected that may be.

The same in kind goes for the ban on oil exploration. Stupidity at it's greatest. Countries are now legislating toreduce vehicular emissions. But it's not about vehicles Megan. We need to talk about everything else in the world including the actual electrical vehicles. Where does all that come from or is enabled to come to fruition from????? Crude oil dear Megan. Paints, plastics, metals, paper, fabrics, cement, building materials, technology, pens, paper, batteries, the list doesn't miss out many things. Plastic will be with us long term as well , there's no current replacement for many uses of it currently and it facilitates many things that were not possible prior. We will need crude oil in perpetuity if life is to continue in post 1800s style. Dmitry Mendeleev (periodic table developer) considered crude oil too valuable to burn....we are nearly there. Government very short sighted and looking only at the combustion engine view. The demand for a paradigm vehicle type change will likely consume more crude than has been used doing anything up until now.

haewai
01-05-2018, 11:12 AM
"Installation of the underground waterreticulation system is well underway and will becommissioned in the following quarter"

"Construction of the ventilation lock is complete,with delivery and commissioning of the primaryventilation fan expected in the current quarter."

"... the Company expects tocomplete the purchase of the equipment shortly for the commencement of pilot plantcommissioning in the next quarter."

What "commissioned" mean? Is it installation and testing?

cammo
01-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Commission - to bring (something newly produced) into working condition.
"we had a few hiccups getting the heating equipment commissioned

jonu
01-05-2018, 03:11 PM
These guys have pissed round for so long that the price won't change until they have extracted gold and are in full production. Even then it will probably take 2 quarters before anyone believes it.
Having said that, green chemistry and leaving tailings inside means max output and no noise from the ecohippies.
I get the feeling that when the gold actually starts flowing, the fat lady will indeed sing her high C# and there will be smiles all around.

Yes I suspect you are right about the timing, except I think reports of the first yellow stuff being extracted through their own plant will see the sp price take off. Having said that, the asset valuation coming in the imminent prefeasibility study should kick things along also.

Paint it Black
01-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Yes I suspect you are right about the timing, except I think reports of the first yellow stuff being extracted through their own plant will see the sp price take off. Having said that, the asset valuation coming in the imminent prefeasibility study should kick things along also.

Agree also with Cam. Most of the long holders are probably already content with their exposure and a photograph of a gold bar(s) with NTL stamped on it is necessary to kick the SP off to who knows where with new buyers!

haewai
02-05-2018, 11:10 AM
So aside from the shoring up and access works, we can expect progress *shortly* on
- underground water reticulation system ... to be commissioned in 3rd quarter
- primary ventilation fan to be commissioned in this quarter
- completion of purchase shortly of equipment pilot plant and commissioning in 3rd quarter
- release of an updated pre-feasibility study on the TalismanProject (level 8 workings only)
- results of a scoping study on the entire Talisman Deeps resources
- revaluation of the company assets and resources at both Talisman, Talisman deeps and Rahu
- spin off of an exploration company

It sounds like there is a lot going on and heaps of potential for positive unscheduled market announcements

Bluemanarc
03-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Without advertising an opposition forum, their is a lot of excited folk over on hot copper.
https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-quarterly-activities-report-31-march-2018.4160875/#.WuoUtmcUmpo

Bluemanarc
03-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Agree also with Cam. Most of the long holders are probably already content with their exposure and a photograph of a gold bar(s) with NTL stamped on it is necessary to kick the SP off to who knows where with new buyers!

Generally their is only around $250,000 value of shares for sale on the board for under 3c a share.
As soon as good news comes out, that will shorten and it wont take much new buying to push share price higher.
I am still holding out long term, but when SP reach's 9c I will likely quit half of mine.

cammo
03-05-2018, 05:35 PM
9c will be very testing indeed.

Blue Horseshoe
03-05-2018, 06:32 PM
Don't sell yourself short Bluemanarc.

Lion
10-05-2018, 10:35 AM
An Egptian billionaire has put half his net worth into gold:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-05-01/this-billionaire-has-put-half-his-net-worth-into-gold-video

Leftfield
10-05-2018, 01:10 PM
An Egptian billionaire has put half his net worth into gold:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-05-01/this-billionaire-has-put-half-his-net-worth-into-gold-video

Take care Lion. if you look behind PR releases like this, you'll find that this man owns a few gold mines, so in reality he has purchased some of his own and is now possibly engaging in a bit of ramping. DYOR.

Bluemanarc
14-05-2018, 10:53 AM
The Greens and the Axis of Evil are getting some solid thumps into Property Investors, Oil and Gas and now farming is now firmly in their sites.
The fact that NTL has gone green is an absolutely brilliant strategy and once news gets out about a mine that is as green as its gets, and the wider public and then brokers get a whiff of it, the SP will take a massive leap forward and also funding for expansion will come a lot easier.

It will be like that Dope processing plant they are currently sourcing funding for.
I was keen but then realised the smoko breaks are going to be so long that productivity and plant management will be awful !!!
They will start running the machinery at 10% of capacity as they will all be thinking its running too fast man.

Clints
30-05-2018, 08:01 PM
OK - any comments to be made on the prelim EOY results? I see Bluemanarc had a couple of posts on HC moderated, not sure what the content was there. From what I can see there doesn't seem to be much improvement. Any take on the fact this was released 15 mins before closing?

jonu
30-05-2018, 09:03 PM
OK - any comments to be made on the prelim EOY results? I see Bluemanarc had a couple of posts on HC moderated, not sure what the content was there. From what I can see there doesn't seem to be much improvement. Any take on the fact this was released 15 mins before closing?

Bluemanarc was probably having a crack at the Moose who raises his antlers over there occasionally to down ramp so that he can buy in.
This report is really just a summary of what has already been released...with a bit of an extra (well merited) teaser about the upcoming release of the PFS and subsequent significant asset revaluation.

Caesius
30-05-2018, 09:31 PM
Bluemanarc was probably having a crack at the Moose who raises his antlers over there occasionally to down ramp so that he can buy in.
This report is really just a summary of what has already been released...with a bit of an extra (well merited) teaser about the upcoming release of the PFS and subsequent significant asset revaluation.

I follow what Moose says on HC. There is no downramping, just a balanced view of facts. The facts are NTL/Heritage is in no measurably better position than it has been in the last 20 odd years of its existence. Don't agree? Fine, buy up large. But to call out people providing good information "downrampers" reeks of someone who is in too deep and desperate for their investment decision to be verified.

Grammatical errors and non-sensical statements in the report. That just doesn't look good.

Still no clear timeline to get to a profitable position. If there was, it would be outlined.

Meister
30-05-2018, 10:02 PM
Progress is slow for sure, but I have followed this for years and this last year has definitely seen the most action in a loooong time. The quarterly activities report was a much nicer read for example:

Selection and purchase of the final equipment is underway, and the Company expects to complete the purchase of the equipment shortly for the commencement of pilot plant commissioning in the next quarter.

Statements like that are exciting. If the pilot planet (including the crushers, mills, and gravity+float concentrators) is being commissioned in the next quarter then things are heating up. They also stated their water circuit was being commissioned next quarter. Expect another quarter after that because NTL are bloody slow, but this isn't looking bad. There is gold on the horizon, hopefully later this year we will start to see some real extraction as part of their bulk sampling program.

jonu
31-05-2018, 08:09 AM
I follow what Moose says on HC. There is no downramping, just a balanced view of facts. The facts are NTL/Heritage is in no measurably better position than it has been in the last 20 odd years of its existence. Don't agree? Fine, buy up large. But to call out people providing good information "downrampers" reeks of someone who is in too deep and desperate for their investment decision to be verified.

The trouble is it is a long way from fact that NTL is in no way measurably better. They are a few months from profitable bulk sampling. They await now the installation of the concentrator. Moosie is not providing good information...he is providing misinformation. When someone does that I tend to ask why.

My investment has already been "verified", my average cost is well below the current sp. As I have said many times, do the maths. Ounces less known cost. That cost is about to fall due to the higher grades and the concentrator. That is why it is signalled in the report that there is going to be a significant asset revaluation.

Brain
31-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Many more positives than negatives with NTL in my opinion. I do not and will not judge the viability of this company based on any grammatical errors or supposed non sensical statements.

The positives
4.8M$ cash in bank
very high gold ore grades
processing of gold on site with an environmentally friendly process
CEO has considerable skin in the game.
Market Cap of the company is a paltry 30M$
Rahu is an interesting future prospect.

The negatives

No gold processed yet and investing in companies with a negative cashflow is risky

CanÂ’t think of any others.

I am hopefull that this mine will make a number of investors very wealthy and that all staff ,subcontractors and the surrounding community will do very well financially out of it.

Always best to look on the bright side of life.

Bluemanarc
31-05-2018, 12:01 PM
The main points are that they are progressing very well on getting the mine active, this can take time under NZ health and safety and council consenting rules, the perils of business and developing in NZ, in US the mine would be active by now, that's just the self imposed burden we work under in NZ.

My posts on HC were mysteriously taken down as I suggested that maybe the new announcement was "That they have discovered mass amounts of Diamonds in the mine".
Don't know why they would take that down, every post is speculation to a point.

But once the Extraction process is set up and actually running, that is the power of kiwi ingenuity, once it begins to flow, nothing can stop it, its just the new world where doing stuff is 70% compliance costs and red tape, and 30% actual cost of doing the actual work.

The other point, is that once going, they have shown now, that the resource level will soon be proven to be substantially greater than first envisaged.

Antipodean
31-05-2018, 04:01 PM
If you don't believe NTL is ever going to get into full production mode then you would be crazy to invest even if they were $0.001 NZD.

However - If you do believe it is possible, then it is worth looking at some numbers. Market cap is currently ~$31m NZD and cash at end of period 31/03/2018 is $4.8m NZD.

Market update 22/03/2018 advised that "94% and 93.6% gold is recoverable..."
Market update 05/09/2017 advised total JORC 2012 resources reached 427,600 Au equivalent.
Gold spot price in USD/ounce is about $1,300 at the moment
Very fuzzy now... last official NTL announcement I could find for production costs was in the annual report 2016 at $568 USD per ounce for bulk sampling project. Lets up that to $700 USD per ounce.

427,600 * .9 (recovery estimate conservative 90%) * 600 (difference in USD ounce Au production and spot costs) = $231m USD. 1.43 USD to NZD rate = $330m NZD.

Now I wouldn't count on any of the above for a truly accurate estimate of cashflow - I'm just a monkey with a keyboard and a few very spread out reports. It just illustrates there is a huge amount of value there waiting to be extracted and sold.

jonu
31-05-2018, 04:26 PM
If you don't believe NTL is ever going to get into full production mode then you would be crazy to invest even if they were $0.001 NZD.

However - If you do believe it is possible, then it is worth looking at some numbers. Market cap is currently ~$31m NZD and cash at end of period 31/03/2018 is $4.8m NZD.

Market update 05/09/2017 advised total JORC 2012 resources reached 427,600 Au equivalent.
Very fuzzy now... last official NTL announcement I could find for production costs was in the annual report 2016 at $568 USD per ounce for bulk sampling project. Lets up that to $700 USD per ounce.

427,600 * .9 (recovery estimate conservative 90%) * 600 (difference in USD ounce Au production and spot costs) = $231m USD. 1.43 USD to NZD rate = $330m NZD.

Now I wouldn't count on any of the above for a truly accurate estimate of cashflow - I'm just a monkey with a keyboard and a few very spread out reports. It just illustrates there is a huge amount of value there waiting to be extracted and sold.

At last someone else doing the maths! Don't forget the silver which becomes the ****** lining. See what I did there?

Jaiden
31-05-2018, 04:39 PM

Half-year back in december quoted more than 469,000 oz. with 300-600k more to come according to the 05/09/2017.

Also being a keyboard monkey with a calculator here.

Taking your conservative figure of 330m and assuming NTL will get all of that out of the mine before their mining permit expires in about 25 years means an average of 13.2m per year. This means that once the plant is fully up and running, the forward PE ratio at the current market price would be 2.4. The top gold mining stocks normally have a forward PE of 20-40. just based on that, we have a future share price of ~+1000% in value.

Crux there is the assumption that NTL can get the gold out in that timespan.
Half-year quotes 950,500 tonnes, so that would be mining and processing 38,020 tonnes of raw orebody per year.
I'm new to the mining industry, so I haven't the foggiest as to whether that is possible or downright outrageous.

Miway
31-05-2018, 04:40 PM
If gold starts coming out of those hills in the next 12 to 24 mths, this could be money for Jam
Disc: Hold small parcel which could evolve into a big parcel

Bluemanarc
31-05-2018, 05:22 PM
The company thought 2.2c was a great discount to the then 2.8c SP and they had options you could also take up at 5.5c
Their calc's must show a value above 6c a few years down the track.
I am still thinking, sell half of mine when they get to 9c and keep the rest and see how far they go.

emveha
13-06-2018, 12:25 AM
Others believe in gold... No mention of "green mining" there. http://www.mining.com/russias-polyus-big-step-closer-building-worlds-largest-new-gold-mine/

ziggy415
13-06-2018, 07:06 AM
And there happy with an average of 2.0 g/t of gold...waaaaay under the average of new talisman

Brain
13-06-2018, 07:31 AM
And NTL is very close to production with a 30M$ Cap

Bluemanarc
14-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Whilst SP hasn't changed much, the board of buyers and sellers is certainly looking a lot more optimistic.
Not many people wanting to sell up to 2.1c
I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes.
Is their an announcement due or something.

I did a bit more DD and looked at the top 20 shareholders for NTL, some quite interesting groups in there.

steveb
14-06-2018, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=Bluemanarc;718320]Whilst SP hasn't changed much, the board of buyers and sellers is certainly looking a lot more optimistic.

Yes but not many buyers either just over 4 mil,its just a lack of liquidity,so I would not be reading anything into it,but it does show that most holders are happy to hold.

Bluemanarc
18-06-2018, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=Bluemanarc;718320]Whilst SP hasn't changed much, the board of buyers and sellers is certainly looking a lot more optimistic.

Yes but not many buyers either just over 4 mil,its just a lack of liquidity,so I would not be reading anything into it,but it does show that most holders are happy to hold.

I see someone now shows up on my ASB screen selling 1m shares at 15c

I think that is a bit optimistic, I was thinking 9c to 10c was the maximum these shares would be worth, have they found more gold and silver ?

steveb
18-06-2018, 10:02 AM
At 9c to 10c a share it would give NTL a market cap of over $2 billion,there would have to be serious amounts of gold coming out of ground for this to happen,if that were the case you probably would not want to be selling.

Antipodean
18-06-2018, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't read too much into the market depth - particularly the orders well divergent of the current gap.

I could go onto ASB and load a 10m share sale for $1.00 each but it doesn't mean anything unless a buyer loads an equivalent purchase order.

mfd
18-06-2018, 10:41 AM
At 9c to 10c a share it would give NTL a market cap of over $2 billion,there would have to be serious amounts of gold coming out of ground for this to happen,if that were the case you probably would not want to be selling.

I think you've misplaced a zero here, current market cap is about 30 million so 10c would be about 200 million.

Antipodean
18-06-2018, 11:03 AM
I think you've misplaced a zero here, current market cap is about 30 million so 10c would be about 200 million.
Which, if my previous back of the envelope calculations are remotely close to reality (~330m), isn't out of the question once NTL are in full production. Wouldn't expect it in the short term but long term is a possibility. Plenty of upside here but until production begins still risk remains which is why the market currently rates it more like $30m mcap.

Brain
19-06-2018, 04:54 PM
A bit of enthusiasm today with all the 1.6c asks taken out. A turning point perhaps?

Flugenbear
19-06-2018, 07:41 PM
Someone certainly has an interest.....

Bluemanarc
20-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Someone certainly has an interest.....

Not much resistance up to 2.1c is there.
Could see a bit of a march on.

These things always make me suspicious of insider trading, how do companies keep information secret to all and sundry, they cant.
The Board knows, the senior managers know, they chat to people, a little nod here, a little wink here.

Us normal investors are really up against it, to making money, when all the real money is made by crooks with inside knowledge and brokers who get tip offs about company announcements.

I am just jealous I don't get all the hot tips.
But something is going on here, I sense it !!!!!!!!!

Bluemanarc
20-06-2018, 04:15 PM
Not much resistance up to 2.1c is there.
Could see a bit of a march on.

These things always make me suspicious of insider trading, how do companies keep information secret to all and sundry, they cant.
The Board knows, the senior managers know, they chat to people, a little nod here, a little wink here.

Us normal investors are really up against it, to making money, when all the real money is made by crooks with inside knowledge and brokers who get tip offs about company announcements.

I am just jealous I don't get all the hot tips.
But something is going on here, I sense it !!!!!!!!!

Crikey not a lot of sellers up to 15c neither

Imagine that, 15c

I would consider exiting all of mine at 15c

Bluemanarc
20-06-2018, 04:30 PM
ASB rejected my sale order of 6,690,000 shares at 15c

They couldn't tell me why someone else is able to put up 1,000,000 shares at 15c and I cant do the same.

blackcap
20-06-2018, 04:35 PM
ASB rejected my sale order of 6,690,000 shares at 15c

They couldn't tell me why someone else is able to put up 1,000,000 shares at 15c and I cant do the same.

It's most likely because their policy, like that of the NZX, is to have sensible orders. The broker that put the order in at 15c is just playing silly buggers and the NZX will not look too kindly on them. When I was working I would have rejected your order too as being too far outside the quotes.

Brain
20-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Whooo hoo. All the 1.7 c asks taken out

Lion
20-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Whooo hoo. All the 1.7 c asks taken out

Or is it "Oh dear, no 1.7 bidders left"??

I see the price is up 0.2 in Australia today - that's 14%

It does have a good feel, I'll admit, but I've been fooled by this feeling many times before. I'm holding long term for the dividend stream.

Kay
20-06-2018, 09:16 PM
A little volume on an illiquid penny stock

Brain
21-06-2018, 09:49 AM
Should go to 1.8c today.

bucko
22-06-2018, 01:58 PM
I'm holding long term for the dividend stream.

*IRD looking over my shoulder* Me too...

Oliver Mander
26-06-2018, 11:47 AM
I would have thought this is quite good news....???

HIGHLIGHTS

o Value of Talisman project more than doubles on results of updated

Pre-Feasibility Study, NPV9% increases from $15m to $36m;

o Recovered gold increases by 50% to 51,000 Gold Equivalent Ounces;

o Direct operating costs to produce an ounce reduced to $710 NZD per

ounce ($490 USD/oz)

o Ore Reserves increase by more than 40% from 30,500 to 44,100 Gold

Equivalent Ounces;

o Independent valuation confirms robustness of the project with a value

of between NZ$8.4M and NZ$21.4M

haewai
26-06-2018, 11:59 AM
So aside from the shoring up and access works, we can expect progress *shortly* on
- completion of purchase shortly of equipment pilot plant and commissioning in 3rd quarter
- release of an updated pre-feasibility study on the TalismanProject (level 8 workings only)
- results of a scoping study on the entire Talisman Deeps resources
- revaluation of the company assets and resources at both Talisman, Talisman deeps and Rahu

Yes, good news, but I'd rather hear about progress towards actual mining.

Antipodean
26-06-2018, 12:04 PM
It's a very good announcement. More recoverable gold at less costs for this area. Have a look at the table on page 2, extra $41m revenue for extra $8 total OPEX is great.

Also note about the talisman deeps info coming out "in the coming days"

With it being a small stock on a small exchange the market response won't always be as swift.

dubya
26-06-2018, 12:10 PM
Yes, good news, but I'd rather hear about progress towards actual mining.

Yes I agree.

blackcap
26-06-2018, 12:10 PM
It's a very good announcement. More recoverable gold at less costs for this area. Have a look at the table on page 2, extra $41m revenue for extra $8 total OPEX is great.

Also note about the talisman deeps info coming out "in the coming days"

With it being a small stock on a small exchange the market response won't always be as swift.

The bit that was highlighted was this:

HIGHLIGHTS

So the current market cap of $38m seems about right. No real room to move.

cyclist
26-06-2018, 12:50 PM

No, I don't think so. That is the NPV of a relatively small subset project within the whole mine. Still plenty of relatively easy gold left after that is done.

Brain
26-06-2018, 12:58 PM
It may take some time but eventually the market will begin to understand the potential here.

Antipodean
26-06-2018, 12:59 PM

HIGHLIGHTS

That's only for Talisman. Even just adding Talisman Deeps blows that out of the water.

However as noted above, what is possibly holding the price low at the moment is news/risk regarding extraction.

Joshuatree
26-06-2018, 01:55 PM
It may take some time but eventually the market will begin to understand the potential here.

Thats what holders get sucked into , the POTENTIAL, but over many cap raises and incarnations over how many years is it 20,30?.All those gold plated Carrots ehh? Id rather take a punt on a nag tomorrow at Rotorua on a heavy track and i won't be. Seriously this is for people who have a money tree and can easily replace the funds they may lose(but why would you, are you that bored)?. History never repeats , yeah right tui. My opinion.

cyclist
26-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Thats what holders get sucked into , the POTENTIAL, but over many cap raises and incarnations over how many years is it 20,30?.All those gold plated Carrots ehh? Id rather take a punt on a nag tomorrow at Rotorua on a heavy track and i won't be. Seriously this is for people who have a money tree and can easily replace the funds they may lose(but why would you, are you that bored)?. History never repeats , yeah right tui. My opinion.

Definitely not a stock to chase when it is moving fast (traders love playing with this one), but they are increasingly doing what they say they will, with relatively fast genuine progress being made. I'm a very conservative investor, but are very comfortable with a small holding. % return wise it is doing very well for me. I'm confident that anyone buying in the recent lull where the price sat between 1.4-1.6 will be very happy over the next couple of years.

blackcap
26-06-2018, 02:15 PM

Well said JT, I can remember this incarnation in the form of Heritage Gold, and that was back in 1998 or thereabouts, but I am sure it is older than that. Back then it was also trading in the 2-8 cent range and many many cap raisings later it is NTL.

Kay
26-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Trading halt on the asx... But not the nzx?

dubya
26-06-2018, 03:32 PM
Announcement coming Thursday according to ASX

Kay
26-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Seems odd... Nzx had a liquid lunch?

digger
26-06-2018, 03:58 PM
Announcement coming Thursday according to ASX

The last two trading halts were followed by a cap raising. I have no idea what this one might be. Any thoughts?

Bluemanarc
26-06-2018, 04:05 PM

Fair comment, maybe, but right now they are actually IN THE MINE, building the infrastructure, to actually get the gold out.
Directors seem very happy and excited about what is happening, after so much hard work, so should the share holders.

Brain
26-06-2018, 04:48 PM

Fair enough. I can understand the Scepticism but these guys are not sitting on their arses they are setting up the mine for production and they do have cash in the bank. I am sure the CEO is motivated by his shareholding. It is a speculative share and I for one have my eyes wide open and accept that this could all turn to custard but I am optimistic it will all go well. I am not bored. This is added fun to a very interesting life I lead.

cyclist
26-06-2018, 04:48 PM
The last two trading halts were followed by a cap raising. I have no idea what this one might be. Any thoughts?

Better not be. I'll be out if there is another one this soon. Future opportunities should be fundable out of cash flow.

Caesius
26-06-2018, 04:59 PM
Better not be. I'll be out if there is another one this soon. Future opportunities should be fundable out of cash flow.

My money's on CR. They were "fully funded for 10 years" before the last one.

Yoda
26-06-2018, 05:36 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/319936/281725.pdf

you will all have seen this , but for what its worth ........
I for one will be out at the next peak if i can work that one out.
the last peak last year was good for me, and bought some back at .015 . Too soon to get out now, so lets see what the next month brings. Its a bit like investing in kids education ... You part with all that money, hoping for some development, so lets hope they done waist it !

haewai
26-06-2018, 07:39 PM
My money's on CR. They were "fully funded for 10 years" before the last one.

From ASX:
New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (NTL) requests a halt in trading on the ASX up until commencement of
trading on June 27, 2018, pending the release of an amended announcement addressing queries
from ASX pertaining to the announcement released earlier today.

Caesius
26-06-2018, 08:06 PM
From ASX:
New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (NTL) requests a halt in trading on the ASX up until commencement of
trading on June 27, 2018, pending the release of an amended announcement addressing queries
from ASX pertaining to the announcement released earlier today.

That sounds...odd.

Chippie
26-06-2018, 08:31 PM
I believe it is related to the following comment that came with the NZX release "CEO Matthew Hill stated"..."With a scoping study on Talisman Deeps being finalised in the coming days on the high grade resources"

From a previous announcement (last year?) it was stated "any further resource increases at Talisman Deeps in its entirety will be included in an updated pre-feasibility study and ore reserve statement in due course. Where possible, areas identified will be prospected and tested for inclusioninto the body of works during Bulk sampling"

So hopefully it is just confirmation of additional reserves?

Caesius
26-06-2018, 09:31 PM
I believe it is related to the following comment that came with the NZX release "CEO Matthew Hill stated"..."With a scoping study on Talisman Deeps being finalised in the coming days on the high grade resources"

From a previous announcement (last year?) it was stated "any further resource increases at Talisman Deeps in its entirety will be included in an updated pre-feasibility study and ore reserve statement in due course. Where possible, areas identified will be prospected and tested for inclusioninto the body of works during Bulk sampling"

So hopefully it is just confirmation of additional reserves?

Nope, released just now on ASX, they've had to retract the valuation.

Yoda
26-06-2018, 10:27 PM
https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180626/pdf/43w27tt0ykq4cq.pdf

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20180626/pdf/43w27wyn66hkx8.pdf

amended doc....

SilverBack
26-06-2018, 10:56 PM

HIGHLIGHTS

I agree. The current market capitilisation is about the NPV of the PFS. Because of that, I sold out today. I recognise that there are prospects for further resource definitions but with the limited mining approval limits, realisation of those is very much impacted. With the current Government in place, I am very dubious that these limits can be overcome.

Brain
27-06-2018, 07:51 AM
I agree. The current market capitilisation is about the NPV of the PFS. Because of that, I sold out today. I recognise that there are prospects for further resource definitions but with the limited mining approval limits, realisation of those is very much impacted. With the current Government in place, I am very dubious that these limits can be overcome.

The onsite underground processing of the ore changes things substantially and for me was a game changer. As I have said before this is a highly speculative investment but underground processing has in my opinion decreased the chance of outside interference and increased the chance of this becoming a profitable mine for the benefit of the staff, local community and long suffering shareholders.

Bluemanarc
27-06-2018, 08:43 AM
The Greenness of this Mine, now evident, has not yet been reflected in the SP, but it will, as potential for political and greenies interference is now gone.
That was something holding back the SP, so I expect it, with all the work being done to head back in the interim to its previous level of 2.8 to 3.1c.

Antipodean
27-06-2018, 10:10 AM
IMO the main reason the mcap is very low for this relative to the available resource is lack of extraction, processing and sale. That is where the current main risk lies. Until that occurs this remains a speculative stock.

Miway
27-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Highly speculative...but worth a punt as the gold is there. Just remains to be seen whether they can bring it out in commercial quantities in a reasonable time frame. I will hold for 5 years.

Jaiden
27-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Scoping study on Deeps has been released
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/320006/281815.pdf

Results aren't nearly as stunning as I previously imagined, but that's still a fair amount of gold that can be extracted.

This Study has found that the orebody is likely capable of supporting a medium scale mine, producing on average 18,000 gold equivalent ounces a year over a nine year life from 50,000 tonnes of ore a year. The project will require a $25m investment in equipment and installed infrastructure and is estimated to yield a Net Present Value, at a 12% discount rate, of between $11m and $89m with an expected return of $49m. Cost estimates are inclusive of a 25% contingency included to reflect the confidence level of the estimate.

But what is really concerning is the next part:

To achieve the range of outcomes indicated in the Scoping Study, funding of in the order of $19 million will likely be required. Investors should note that there is no certainty that NTL will be able to raise that amount of funding when needed. It is also possible that such funding may only be available on terms that may be dilutive to or otherwise affect the value of NTL’s existing shares.

How many times do they have to dip into our pockets :t_down:
Why can't they just have an incremental plan, using profits from earlier mining stages to fund the next.

dubya
27-06-2018, 03:00 PM
Why can't they just have an incremental plan, using profits from earlier mining stages to fund the next.

Because ........

Disc: Hold a few as an interest. Had quite a lot but sold them.

Leftfield
27-06-2018, 03:33 PM

Remember - it is a mining company (which in this case makes more money from mining shareholders!)

(Disc - don't hold)

mfd
27-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Scoping study on Deeps has been released
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/320006/281815.pdf

Results aren't nearly as stunning as I previously imagined, but that's still a fair amount of gold that can be extracted.

But what is really concerning is the next part:

I'll be very disappointed if they go ahead with another cap raise before they've got on with the job in front of them and started generating some cash themselves. We need to see some results before they'll find enough support to raise that kind of money.

bucko
27-06-2018, 03:45 PM
I'll be very disappointed if they go ahead with another cap raise before they've got on with the job in front of them and started generating some cash themselves. We need to see some results before they'll find enough support to raise that kind of money.

Agreed, i'll most likely cash out a large portion if it is another cap raise.

What are the odds? I mean my initial thought was a potential partnership on the deeps project, or a takeover rather than another cap raise.

gmatt
27-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Because ........

Disc: Hold a few as an interest. Had quite a lot but sold them.

Likewise ...... I bought big at their .005 cap raising about 3 years ago ...... was a top 20 holder ...... but after all the cap raises finally sold the last at the start of this year ..... totally disenchanted!!

steveb
27-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Below No 9 Level, the Maria vein, the largest source of gold mineralisation in the area, is estimated to hold some 338,200 gold equivalent ounces which are classified as an inferred mineral resource and have NOT been considered for extraction in the current plan.

As above if you guys take the time to read and ingest the market update,there are no plans to deviate from the Talisman project currently in progress.They are simply saying that there are other resources available.So no cap raise,just business as usual.

Disc happy to hold

Jaiden
27-06-2018, 04:08 PM
Below No 9 Level, the Maria vein, the largest source of gold mineralisation in the area, is estimated to hold some 338,200 gold equivalent ounces which are classified as an inferred mineral resource and have NOT been considered for extraction in the current plan.

As above if you guys take the time to read and ingest the market update,there are no plans to deviate from the Talisman project currently in progress.They are simply saying that there are other resources available.So no cap raise,just business as usual.

Disc happy to hold

My understanding is that the scoping study was done on that 340k oz. It identified that a total of 162k, or less than half, could be extracted over 9 years. To do so they'd need a ton of money, and the study hints at diluting existing shares in one way or another to get the $19m needed.

Despite the low level of confidence that such a study has, it does put a damper on previous speculations.

Bluemanarc
27-06-2018, 04:25 PM

Disc happy to hold

That's how I read it.

But people seem to think they want the 19m now.

Snow Leopard
27-06-2018, 04:28 PM
With all the different announcements flying around on the NZX and the ASX I am now not totally sure whether:
1/- the NTL on the ASX and the NTL on the NZX are actually the same company;
2/- it is, or it is not, currently in a trading halt;
3/- whether there is any gold worth extracting.

Can the management organise a drinking session in a brewery?

dubya
27-06-2018, 04:40 PM
With all the different announcements flying around on the NZX and the ASX I am now not totally sure whether:
1/- the NTL on the ASX and the NTL on the NZX are actually the same company;
2/- it is, or it is not, currently in a trading halt;
3/- whether there is any gold worth extracting.

Can the management organise a drinking session in a brewery?

While not answering your three numbered questions Snow Leopard, the very clear answer to your last question is, "I don't think so".:):)

Brain
27-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Happy to hold even through all this negativity. I am sure they will concentrate on the gold on level 8 first and that should generate much needed cash flow.

Joshuatree
27-06-2018, 04:48 PM
There is a sack of sprouting spuds nailed to a cracked beam next to a skeleton with helmet on in the deeps half out of the water in shaft(ed) 8. On the floor half way in level 9 there is an E type carrot(just needs battery and 2 tonnes of tailings shovelled off it to get going). Below this there is a swimming pool you cant climb out of unless you really concentrate.

Joshuatree
27-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Just to be clear and transparent( love transparency, clarity and openness, they are tremendous people and have the best words not like those losers at oceania, we may need to build a wall to get the gold but we are clever , smart operators. We need toughness now, im talking to you who hold the shares be tough, we dont want any lightweights here,ignore the danger even if a tough, bad cap raise comes, lets do this and help me(sic) make my deck bigger again. It will be amazing.;)
26th june 9.51 Pfs and ore reserve update
26th june 13.09 Trading halt
26th june 17.05 trading halt request
26th june 18.56 Retraction
26th june 18.59 PFS and ORE reserve update amendment
27th june 11.41 !Request to lift trading halt
27th June 12.46 trading halt
27th june 13.35 trading halt request

jonu
27-06-2018, 05:50 PM
My understanding is that the scoping study was done on that 340k oz. It identified that a total of 162k, or less than half, could be extracted over 9 years. To do so they'd need a ton of money, and the study hints at diluting existing shares in one way or another to get the $19m needed.

Despite the low level of confidence that such a study has, it does put a damper on previous speculations.

Your understanding is incorrect. Talisman Deeps is not the Maria vein in its entirety. It is sub level 9

jonu
27-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Just to be clear and transparent( love transparency, clarity and openness, they are tremendous people and have the best words not like those losers at oceania, we may need to build a wall to get the gold but we are clever , smart operators. We need toughness now, im talking to you who hold the shares be tough, we dont want any lightweights here,ignore the danger even if a tough, bad cap raise comes, lets do this and help me(sic) make my deck bigger again. It will be amazing.;)

In an attempt at fairness...half of those were asked for by firstly the ASX and then the NZX. ASX apparently wanted some clarity around the independant valuation. NTL said they will provide it in the report due by the end of the month. Then the NZX decided they wanted clarity about something else.

Personally I feel both company announcements could have been worded better and also provided more strategic direction. That would have spared us the uninformed comments flying around. The costs around Talisman Deeps are high and I would be happy for them to farm it out or sell it out right rather than cap raise. Talisman looks fantastic. The monster mother lode is obviously Maria and this is where they must concentrate their scoping efforts going forward.

Currently approx 12% of their Resource (Talsiman) justifies today's market cap. Another 15% or so (Deeps) adds another whack if they want to pursue it. The other 70%? Let's see what the costs are to get to it.

Baa_Baa
27-06-2018, 08:35 PM
In an attempt at fairness...half of those were asked for by firstly the ASX and then the NZX. ASX apparently wanted some clarity around the independant valuation. NTL said they will provide it in the report due by the end of the month. Then the NZX decided they wanted clarity about something else.

Personally I feel both company announcements could have been worded better and also provided more strategic direction. That would have spared us the uninformed comments flying around. The costs around Talisman Deeps are high and I would be happy for them to farm it out or sell it out right rather than cap raise. Talisman looks fantastic. The monster mother lode is obviously Maria and this is where they must concentrate their scoping efforts going forward.

Currently approx 12% of their Resource (Talsiman) justifies today's market cap. Another 15% or so (Deeps) adds another whack if they want to pursue it. The other 70%? Let's see what the costs are to get to it.

Bravo, a lucid informed summary.

Kay
27-06-2018, 08:48 PM

You have written a number of posts in this thread for a good while...all very trollesque... did you sell at 0.5/0.6c or something?

Do you hold ntl if you dont mind me asking?

Joshuatree
27-06-2018, 09:08 PM
Are you a multi bagger too Kay along with jonu, Digger ,Yoda etc?. You're in great situ if so getting in so early .002 for some was it.? Hope you're free carried at least and have taken profits out to safer stocks.

Easy money has been made and notable traders have moved on ,eg Robbo . Whats the history now ive lost track at re 30 years plus and many cap raises and promises and still no gold out?. I and others like to point out occasionally the risk and history of this stock. Hate to see anyone lose their dough on this , imo lower quality gold play esp if they are recent buyers and get sucked in with the hype. How many more cap raises for another $25 million? Easy for multi baggers but harder for more recent punters. I was having a bit of trumpy fun, sorry if you're offended. They are pretty sloppy with announcements , a quick count i saw another 9 or so amended ones going back, not a good look Kay.

ps have never owned NTL, looked at it some time ago and will steer clear.

Joshuatree
27-06-2018, 11:20 PM
Kay the reason why ive commented on NTL most recently was my dismay at seeing NTL included in this thread below. To give it such status alongside some of our best NZX stocks such as RYM,POT IFT etc to me was ludicrous and astounding and plain wrong imo.
Your $1m inheritance is locked for 10 years in one company, which one ? (https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?11314-Your-1m-inheritance-is-locked-for-10-years-in-one-company-which-one)

t.rexjr
27-06-2018, 11:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoIPQEbuwaM

Joshuatree
27-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Awesome, thanks t.rexjr. A must watch for very investor.

Flugenbear
28-06-2018, 01:30 AM
NTL are not good at getting their announcements clear and compliant...
The ones coming out the last couple of days keep with the trend.
After having digested these I am quite happy where this is going.
The increase to 36 million net profit over the next 6 years is much better than I initially thought it would be. 6 million in the bank per year will be a good launching pad to finance the next stages of the mine, probably the most logical at this stage being the 25 million investment mentioned. With some cash in the bank it'll be easier to raise the shortfall, as clearly they cannot and will not try and raise this amount through current shareholders, and I'm sure Matt Hill realises this only too well. However if they have 10 million in the bank and a proven record of bringing the gold out, raising 15 million is very doable when there is an expected 49 million profit from this investment...so I expect it'll be awhile before there is a capital raise for this unless they have another investor to stump up a significant amount as well...
This is just one of the potentials this mine holds...there's still plenty more on offer.
All in all heading in the right direction still, but this all takes time so anyone wanting pay dirt in the next couple years should probably not touch this one...
Current MCAP seems appropriate, anyone expecting a big jump anytime soon will probably be disappointed, although when/if the gold does start flowing will prove proof of concept (or not) and the price will respond accordingly. Personally I only see some upside when/if it happens.

Yoda
28-06-2018, 10:15 AM
Looks like it might drop 4 points when the halt lifts according to ASB site. Glad i sold 50% yesterday. Free riding and shifted some to CVT. There's honey in them ther' hills......😉🐝

whatsup
28-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Looks like it might drop 4 points when the halt lifts according to ASB site. Glad i sold 50% yesterday. Free riding and shifted some to CVT. There's honey in them ther' hills......����

YODA, That wont happen ino !

bucko
28-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Are they going to make another announcement? The trading halt hasn't been lifted yet

ddrone
28-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Firmly headed to 1.5c. What a mess. Glad I got out at 1.8.

Yoda
28-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Sorry... what does ino stand for?

Yoda
28-06-2018, 11:36 AM
0.015 it is then.......

Joshuatree
28-06-2018, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=Joshuatree
28th june Retraction of Scoping Studay at request of ASX
]ASX has advised the company that in its view the scoping study may not have a reasonable basis as it is not currently supported by an independent technical report, as contemplated by ASX guidance. Accordingly, after discussion with ASX, New Talisman wishes to advise that the scoping study announcement is retracted.

Investors are advised to exercise caution to and should not make any investment decision based on the results of the scoping study."

whatsup
28-06-2018, 11:38 AM
Sorry... what does ino stand for?

fat finger imo, in my opinion, big wrong for me here , severy smack from ASX, its a pity that they were not tougher on the Ausi companies

Meister
28-06-2018, 12:15 PM

Jonu can you clarify where you are getting this information from? It seems to be at odds with what was announced.
The scoping study mentions the entirety of Talisman having 469,800 gold equivalent ounces, and then goes on to refer to the Dubbo zone (the main item of interest in this scoping study) as having 312,800. That is the majority of the Talisman resource, not 15%? What are you referring to when you mention the other 70%?

Antipodean
28-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Jonu can you clarify where you are getting this information from? It seems to be at odds with what was announced.
The scoping study mentions the entirety of Talisman having 469,800 gold equivalent ounces, and then goes on to refer to the Dubbo zone (the main item of interest in this scoping study) as having 312,800. That is the majority of the Talisman resource, not 15%? What are you referring to when you mention the other 70%?

Separate Talisman with Talisman deeps. A good chunk of the 469,800 is inferred in the deeps area, not the refurbished original Talisman area. There was always going to be further costs to set this up (new mining operations are not cheap), but my thoughts are that using Talisman to leverage funds out of, then progressing from there would be the way to go.

Seems odd the asx is heavily picking on a dual listed miner while many single listed asx miners (and others) go unmoderated for actual bad behaviour.

As a ntl investor/supporter I would encourage anyone to do their history on the company, which includes the heritage gold limited history. However they should also note the difference in the company staff / board / permits / progress between then and now before throwing out comments, especially inferences regarding time-frames. For example, mining permit 51326 starts at 2009, not several decades ago. You can check this here: http://data.nzpam.govt.nz/permitwebmaps?commodity=minerals

It's also worth checking out the directors and shareholdings too - https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/276623. Skin in the game is always important. Mr Hill isn't just going to flush 40m+ shares down the toilet for example.

Meister
28-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Separate Talisman with Talisman deeps. A good chunk of the 469,800 is inferred in the deeps area, not the refurbished original Talisman area.

This is what I mean - the entirety of the talisman mine is quoted at 469,800 ounces, including the deeps. I can not find anywhere in prior reports a 'total' of more than that, but I do find numerous mentions to 'all veins' and 'total' being that value.

In the Half year Report from December last year they again do not mention any value higher than 469,800.
The company presentation slides from September last year on page 12 mention "Maria Vein measured, Indicated and Inferred resources increased to 427,600oz at a grade of ... [this] Includes Dubbo Zone - 312,800 oz Inferred resource".

The 469,800 ounces ARE the total, and therefore Jonu's statement that this scoping study only references 15% of the total seem totally incorrect. The scoping study explicitly says it uses the Dubbo and Bonanza zone inferred resources as the basis of its "Production Target for the Talisman Deeps project". The deeps project therefore represents the majority of the available resources.

Would love to be wrong here - Jonu please do fill me in on what I am missing, and which reports clearly state the total resources available to this company.

tobo
28-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Arbitrage opportunity
both 1.5c
Buy on NZX, sell on ASX
(I cannot, because I have none on ASX to sell)

ddrone
28-06-2018, 02:45 PM
Arbitrage opportunity
both 1.5c
Buy on NZX, sell on ASX
(I cannot, because I have none on ASX to sell)

Is is that simple? I thought you had to transfer shares to the other market first?

whatsup
28-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Is is that simple? I thought you had to transfer shares to the other market first?

That's right, asx registered

tobo
28-06-2018, 03:17 PM
You would need to own some on ASX (you can get them transferred, but not instantly) to sell.
by the time you orgabise yourself the opportunity may have passed

Bluemanarc
29-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Responsible Investment on the rise for super funds, and in general is a new trend.
Great for Green Mines like NTL.
https://westpaciq.westpac.com.au/Article/33508/36476/

I am not planning on selling on the ASX, but certainly picked up some good buying on the NZX at 1.4c.
Thank you very much to every one who sold to me :)

Great news on Level 8 and that infrastructure is fully financed and set up.
Scoping study that never was, showed a lot more gold than we thought, and more cost than anyone thought to get out, however the ratio of gold to that cost looked pretty good to me.

ddrone
29-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Responsible Investment on the rise for super funds, and in general is a new trend.

I am not planning on selling on the ASX, but certainly picked up some good buying on the NZX at 1.4c.

Scoping study that never was, showed a lot more gold than we thought, and more cost than anyone thought to get out, however the ratio of gold to that cost looked pretty good to me.

From what I can tell you're very loaded up on this puppy at high levels. How red are you currently?

RupertBear
29-06-2018, 11:07 AM

My pleasure, I hope they do well for you. It was an impulse buy for me a while ago when I was an impulsive bear but I see better value at least in the short to medium term else where ;)

Brain
29-06-2018, 07:58 PM
Annual report released today is well worth a read.

Meister
30-06-2018, 05:48 PM
The annual report is good, but does seem to confirm my earlier post that the Talisman Deeps Inferred Resources are the same inferred resources within the 469,800 Oz total.

Prefeasibility [bottom of page 9]
...a PFS is confined to examining only the higher confidence Measured and Indicated Resources and cannot take account of the extensive information available pertaining to the deeper extents of the mine where the Mineral Resources are classified in the Inferred Resource category .... in order to assess the value of the remaining resource the company completed a separate scoping study over the Talisman Deeps area.

Talisman Deeps Scoping Study [top of page 10]
As outlined earlier the Talisman Deeps scoping study was completed in June 2018. This study reviewed the broad economic potentialfor the development of the much larger Talisman Deeps operation based on the significantly expanded 469,800 AuEq Oz Mineralresource, and significantly increased grades as discussed earlier in this report.

About New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd [top of page 13]
...Its gold properties near Paeroa in the Hauraki District of NewZealand are a granted mining permit, a JORC compliant mineralof 469,800 ounces AuEq at an average above 15 g/t AuEq and aJORC compliant reserve statement.

They did restate that there is an exploration target for a potential additional 277,000 Oz to 726,000 Oz AuEq at the bottom of page 8. If that can be confirmed and extracted economically, that is significant extra value. Plus there is a maybe at Rahu.
Even if those did not eventuate though, the pre-feasibility study + deeps scoping study combined make this worth holding in my opinion. In saying that, the deeps scoping study was less extravagant and more costly than I expected and that does heighten the risk here.

I look forward to them actually getting gold processing underway.

Brain
01-07-2018, 09:27 AM
I have always had a concern over Talisman’s acquisition of 80% of Rahu from Newcrest.

Can anybody help with the following questions.

1/ Why was the deal confidential? I cannot understand why the price would be commercially sensitive.

2/ The price must have been low because if it wasn’t it would be hard to hide it in the accounts.
Any ideas where or how it would be hidden?

3/ Rahu does seem to be highly prospective. If it is an extension of talisman with similar grades and is on non conservation land then it could be a highly valuable minining liscence.

Why did Newcrest essentially give it back to New Talisman?

digger
01-07-2018, 12:10 PM
I have always had a concern over Talisman’s acquisition of 80% of Rahu from Newcrest.

1/ Why was the deal confidential? I cannot understand why the price would be commercially sensitive.

2/ The price must have been low because if it wasn’t it would be hard to hide it in the accounts.

3/ Rahu does seem to be highly prospective. If it is an extension of talisman with similar grades and is on non conservation land then it could be a highly valuable minining liscence.

My guess is that Newcrest just is not into trying to develop a new mine in NZ. It is hard enough even when the govt is on your side without taking on this anti business govt with the greenies in leading the show.
Look at the back patting the govt is giving itself about having no new oil and gas exploration permits . The truth is that oil is too costly to look for even when the govt is supportive. The truth here is that no oil companies are interested under this green directed govt.
In fact I think for sure NTL should not do anything about Rahu for now. Maybe sometime in the future things will be different.
So the answer to your questions is that under the stress the govt is putting companies Rahu is probable worth somewhere near nil. What might happen sometime down the road is another question. For now the company needs to forget about birds in the bush and get some birds in hand. There is nothing that will send the SP higher than the actual gold production.

Hectorplains
01-07-2018, 03:04 PM
My guess is that Newcrest just is not into trying to develop a new mine in NZ. It is hard enough even when the govt is on your side without taking on this anti business govt with the greenies in leading the show.

Those timeframes don't really work. The announcement of NTL purchasing Rahu predates the September election and most money, at the time, was firmly on a continuation of a National lead government. Of course, Newcrest may have predicted the post election outcome...

Mbro
04-07-2018, 08:51 AM
I was at last years AGM
I suspect Rahu was given back, for little or no cost. The deal from memory required Newcrest to continue to spend on exploration, ie they cut their losses.

The reef there should be very rich, because it is described as the deeper end of the same reef at Martha. I guessed its depth at Rahu in a post a while back, from memory maybe 1000 m below ground. deeper than the deepest mine to date in NZ. Ie really really expensive to get out. I could be wrong of course.

Joshuatree
09-07-2018, 09:42 PM
Director Nominations (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/320587) about the fifth line down.Whose got the Tardus then:t_up:.

"The closing date for Director Nominations is Monday July 23, 2017."

thanks fellas

Brain
09-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Director Nominations (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/320587) about the fifth line down.Whose got the Tardus then:t_up:.

"The closing date for Director Nominations is Monday July 23, 2017."

thanks fellas

They have repeated the 2017 director nomination notice without properly proof reading it. What makes it even worse is that they have also repeated the same “about Talisman Paragraph” where they say they have a binding agreement with Newcrest on Rahu. These guys seriously need to up their game.

peat
09-07-2018, 10:11 PM
too much gold dust in their eyes to read their own docs?

Antipodean
09-07-2018, 11:27 PM
Very disappointing to have amateur mistakes in standard documentation like this.

Clints
10-07-2018, 03:29 AM
You would think that with all the past errors in announcements they would be taking extra care. I still cannot believe that they released a perfectly good announcement a few weeks ago only to completely screw it up. I have only been in for 12 months and at least I am still up. I feel for those who got in in the 2's and especially those who brought the options at 2.2 with the ability to buy more at 5.5! 2.2 seems an almost impossible task now.

dubya
10-07-2018, 08:10 AM
You would think that with all the past errors in announcements they would be taking extra care. I still cannot believe that they released a perfectly good announcement a few weeks ago only to completely screw it up. I have only been in for 12 months and at least I am still up. I feel for those who got in in the 2's and especially those who brought the options at 2.2 with the ability to buy more at 5.5! 2.2 seems an almost impossible task now.

Can't agree more. It's not the first time either. Balls up after balls up after balls up. IMO it verges on absolute incompetence. And a few disingenuous statements and greatly missed deadlines in the past thrown in to boot. I guess it must be time for another all expenses paid trip to warmer climes for the CEO. :(

And I can see another SPP in the not too distant future too as lots of money going out and zada coming in.

Disc: Still holding a few for interest sake but I like my money managed by the best, and NTL can't be described as that, so glad I took my profits, reduced risk ..... and ran.

swissboy
10-07-2018, 09:08 AM
I actually thought their silly wording and handling of news releases was an indication that their skills lay in another direction. Hopefully in creating an operational goldmine.????
What will they be able to to say at the AGM when the share-market price will be way lower than 1 year ago. Unable to hold their hand out for more ????

Brain
10-07-2018, 09:21 AM
I actually thought their silly wording and handling of news releases was an indication that their skills lay in another direction. Hopefully in creating an operational goldmine.????
What will they be able to to say at the AGM when the share-market price will be way lower than 1 year ago. Unable to hold their hand out for more ????

Hopefully you are right that they are more skilled at running a goldmine then writing market releases.

The litmus test of that is coming up in the following months where we shareholders are expecting gold to be mined. This will be the turning point. I believe if they fail NTL will be history.

Antipodean
10-07-2018, 10:29 AM
And I can see another SPP in the not too distant future too as lots of money going out and zada coming in.

As of annual report 2018, NTL has $4.83m cash and $1m outgoings for the previous FY. So plenty of cash to continue Talisman operations without a SPP required. They should be fully funded for the life of the Talisman mine without another CR - assuming incomes starts to be generated. This needs to be in current FY. NTL has everything in place, now is the time to deliver.

Bluemanarc
30-07-2018, 10:57 AM
They are not ready to mine yet, they have the custom designed ventilation system on its way that has to be installed.
Then the concentration plant to be confirmed, sent and installed.
Both those will take a bit of time, but they are now certainties, just a matter of timing, and these things do take time, but the mine will be operating.
The gold is confirmed as being at this level, and the plan to get it out is confirmed, and now we wait the rolling in of the gold.
Lot better return than those large ground processing plants you see on the ausie gold shows.

I suspect once that is in full swing and gold and money coming in and the SP will rocket ahead.
My take is that once that is happening, they will look at a plan and a CR for the deeper part of the mine.

haewai
31-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Quarterly update time. Am expecting progress on these parts, as noted from the previous quarterly, as well as no mistakes that require report retraction...

- results of a scoping study on the entire Talisman Deeps resources [done]
- revaluation of the company assets and resources at both Talisman, Talisman deeps and Rahu [done, or was that 27/6/18 release only for Talisman...]

steveb
31-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Quarterly update time. Am expecting progress on these parts, as noted from the previous quarterly, as well as no mistakes that require report retraction...
They should let the blueman write the quarterly report,every time I read one of his posts,I have an urge to buy more!

Antipodean
31-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Quarterly cashflow is out. Spend a little more than expected however the annex is interesting:

"The reason for the variance was due to the entity completing more mining work during the quarter than expected. Activities originally scheduled for the following quarter have commenced earlier than anticipated."

Looking forward to the activities report.

Bluemanarc
01-08-2018, 08:21 AM
They should let the blueman write the quarterly report,every time I read one of his posts,I have an urge to buy more!

Not too sure who this blueman is, but yes "The Bluemanarc" would do a better job at all things as he is a super hero of course.

All they had to do was stick to reality and accuracy with their reporting and use a bit of common sense on their CR's and SP would still be around that 2.2 to 3.1c range where they thought 2.2c was a bargain.

Nothing has changed and a hell of a lot of mine progress and improvements to the manufacturing model have happened since that SP was at 3.1c.

haewai
01-08-2018, 10:23 AM
I feel this is a new risk:

The processing options regarding a gravity pilot plant for producing concentrate, as set out in recent annual report, are currently being reviewed by the relevant regulatory authorities.

But otherwise very happy with the progress. Good to see the restatement of the PFS information previously retracted and that the ventilation fan is already on a ship heading to the mine.

Putrimacan
07-09-2018, 06:23 PM
Why has this thread gone quite. I feel I’ve missed something. Can some let me know what has happened please

Brain
08-09-2018, 09:18 AM
It has gone quiet because nothing has happened. The ventilation plant should be commissioned soon. Waiting for news on the concentrator. Hopefully mining will start soon. SGM next Wednesday maybe we will get updates then.

Bluemanarc
10-09-2018, 08:14 AM
Why has this thread gone quite. I feel I’ve missed something. Can some let me know what has happened please

The thread and the mine just got very boring, they just gearing up the infrastructure to mine.

I have been busy developing and flipping property, that's been more exciting than shares at moment.

Maybe the AGM will spark things up, and they have appointed some new chap with a might long list of credentials.

Watching this series on TV called "Gold Rush" - that has been quite funny, certainly prefer this simple NTL mine to what those Alaskan boys go through.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Rush_(TV_series)

Landyman
10-09-2018, 03:49 PM

History shows that NTL are fairly stop start in what they do - some would argue more stop than start, but there is progress. Settle in for the long haul on this one, gold will flow (in the next year or so????), and potentially in good volumes. As Bluemanarc says, they are still working on infrastructure.

Im hopefully then next 24 months will show a significant increase in SP - this is pure speculation though - DYOR - don't put all your eggs in one basket - its a game of 2 halves. :-)

jonu
11-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Good to see some volume going through ahead of the AGM. Any bets on 2c by end of the week?

Bluemanarc
11-09-2018, 04:51 PM
And they say that insider trading is dead :)

Someone always knows something before information comes available to the public, someone has to type the minutes, order equipment, directors wives talk to their friends, a nod here, a wink there.

jonu
11-09-2018, 05:13 PM

Someone always knows something before information comes available to the public, someone has to type the minutes, order equipment, directors wives talk to their friends, a nod here, a wink there.

More like just a no brainer. Imminent progress has been well signalled to the market. Ventilation unit should be here by now and possibly installed. If it is then the yellow stuff isn't far behind. Updates from the AGM should put a rocket under the SP IMHO.

blackcap
11-09-2018, 06:20 PM

Someone always knows something before information comes available to the public, directors wives talk to their friends, a nod here, a wink there.

I happen to be a director's husband but that is another story. Just putting it out there that the reverse exists :)

RupertBear
11-09-2018, 07:16 PM
I happen to be a director's husband but that is another story. Just putting it out there that the reverse exists :)

Valid point blackcap :)

Yoda
11-09-2018, 10:45 PM
Asx still at 1.3 With only a few buyers there, looks like they are not in a rush to get to 2.
but maybe they are too far away to be a fly on the wall. Im not holding my breath, but still have a little skin in the game as i live not too far away and want it to happen ....

swissboy
12-09-2018, 09:57 AM
I can't make it down to the AGM today real pity they don't show the presentation by Podcast as many Companies do

jonu
12-09-2018, 11:16 AM
From the Chairman's address

Ventilation fan installed

All infrastructure to commence mining is complete

Results of samples from Mystery vein to be released in the coming days

Pilot processing plant on the water and due to arrive later this month

Go you good things! (that bit is from me)

steveb
12-09-2018, 11:33 AM
I actually thought the chairmans report was well presented and concise for a change,however I might be proven wrong after some of you guys check the facts!

Bluemanarc
12-09-2018, 11:52 AM
I realised at 9.30 there was a meeting in town, so I got a cup of coffee and drove in to see the whites of their eyes when they spoke.
Very funny actually, arrived after the boring AGM stuff and got to hear the presentation.

I like these guys, its like watching comedy central or an episode of the office.
I see why they stuff up their reports and bumble through messages and releases to the public.
They are so wound up in what they are doing, they just don't communicate their messages very well.

But its real folks, the mine is going to be underway, its actually happening, they all seem quite excited.

Asked about dividends to shareholders, you could see a light bulb explode in Mathew Hills head, "I bloody hope so" is close enough to what he said.

They refuted that the need more money from shareholders to get the mine operation, and refuted speculation in the past that 25 million or so was needed to do the second part of the operation.

They are honest and tell you, that their are unknown elements, and questions cant be answered, till further into the process, instead of just telling all the good points.

No protest issues at all to speak off.

Funds from this first stage look set to be applied to the second stage with maybe dividends, but my gut feeling, even though they said they wont know until further down the track, is that they will plough that back into the second stage where there is a lot more gold, and way latter down the track they are prospecting Rahu, they seem excited and confident that they will find good gold segments eventually, they have not legally been able to start drill holes till now.

cyclist
12-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Thanks Bluemanarc. But what was the food like?

(I am just kidding by the way).

Steveb, I agree. By far one of the tidier and less ambiguous commentaries we have read in a while. I am feeling quite positive.

Bluemanarc
12-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Thanks Bluemanarc. But what was the food like?

(I am just kidding by the way).

Steveb, I agree. By far one of the tidier and less ambiguous commentaries we have read in a while. I am feeling quite positive.

Took a biscuit as I was leaving, about as dry as the presenters, no chocolate ones either, weird bikky, cant describe it.

Funny crowd of shareholders, look like retired miners, lots of weird accents too, and chatting to a few of them as we left, most very happy, only one seemed grumpy and pessimistic but I think he may be permanently like that on life in general.

jonu
12-09-2018, 01:11 PM
Got to wonder why anyone would be looking to unload before these Mystery test results are back. For the sake of a few days...

Putrimacan
12-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Thanks Bluemanarc. I’m focused on getting married in Indonesia on Friday. So you analysis is really appreciated. Cheers mate

Bluemanarc
12-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Congratulations, well done buddy, best of luck and work hard on your marriage continually, don't take things for granted.

Re your comment Jonu, as one shareholder said to me, "people expect instant results" and there will be x amount of sellers that just want to get out.

Maybe they need the funds to get married :) or buy a house, they see this little bit of good news as their chance, good luck to them.

Eventually these people will be sucked out by new buyers and the SP will slowly ramp up on more news as the mine ramps up operations.

I especially like the explanation from Mat Hill re the reason behind treating this mining as a 2 stage operation (without admitting he balsed up a press release) and the process and reasoning as to why they were doing it that way.

If he had of explained it correctly the first time, and not made the mistake of releasing information incorrectly and having that recall.
The SP would still be around the 1.8 to 2.2 range.

On that BTW:
They are going to get the further information, that is required by the share market authority, to be able to release that report again officially.
So that's also likely to be good news.

If the mystery test results come back, anywhere near as good as the video they showed of the rock face with the gold vein in it, then those results should be spectacular.

The answer to one question, on this test, was whether they had hand picked the sample, and the answer from the guy was "No we cant, we just blow up the rock face and take whatever comes out"

Snow Leopard
12-09-2018, 02:46 PM
...I’m focused on getting married in Indonesia on Friday...

Di mana, macan?
Bisa macan tutul hadir?

Landyman
12-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Great updates team - really does sound positive. Action may be sooner than I expected.

Putrimacan
13-09-2018, 01:27 PM
Bintaro. Terima kasih snow leopard

blackcap
15-09-2018, 12:56 PM
Here you go...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12125435

Find most of our current government probably support these actions as well.

Brain
15-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Total fuskwits. Come next election labour and greens will be history anyway.

Blue Horseshoe
15-09-2018, 07:01 PM
Say no to camping on conservation land, protect those earth worms from damaging tent pegs.

bucko
17-09-2018, 12:28 PM
bit more at the end of the newshub article: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2018/09/protesters-reportedly-arrested-at-coromandel-mining-demonstration.html

Worse comes to it we just need to lobby Shane Jones and say provincial jobs and good ol' Winnie will stop the govt from doing anything

"Last year, representatives from the Greens and Labour also accepted a 4500-strong petition, calling for the area to be brought under Schedule Four of the Crown Minerals Act, which protects specific conservation land from any open cast or underground mining with significant surface operations.But Conservation Minister Eugenie Sage told Newshub Nation in July she won't commit to that as she is waiting to hear recommendations from the select committee considering last year's petition.
"It would be inappropriate for us to undertake work that presumes a specific outcome," she

jonu
17-09-2018, 12:44 PM
The Chairman said "the coming days" for those Mystery vein samples. Well the days keep coming. Can't be far away.

Brain
17-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Dropped to 1.4 c. bucko’s post probably scared one of the punters.

youngatheart
18-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Interesting read....
https://simplywall.st/stocks/nz/materials/nzx-ntl/new-talisman-gold-mines-shares/news/should-you-worry-about-the-new-talisman-gold-mines-limiteds-nzsentl-shareholder-register/

Bluemanarc
19-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Interesting read....
https://simplywall.st/stocks/nz/materials/nzx-ntl/new-talisman-gold-mines-shares/news/should-you-worry-about-the-new-talisman-gold-mines-limiteds-nzsentl-shareholder-register/

Very interesting, suggests its being watched but under the radar as maybe no gold and no yield.
Once gold starts coming out and it has a revenue stream we could see the SP rise to more appropriate levels.

Not too Flash
19-09-2018, 09:20 AM
Interesting buy order this morning ......

jonu
19-09-2018, 09:44 AM

Statement of intent...good to see

Joshuatree
19-09-2018, 09:51 AM
The weighing machine in action.

whatsup
19-09-2018, 10:07 AM

2.7 mil trade on opening, hmmmm !

Blue Horseshoe
19-09-2018, 10:11 AM
Gold samples must be good?, to be released any day now.

haewai
19-09-2018, 10:58 AM
"Three channel samples were taken from a cross section on the Mystery Vein on the north veindrive. .... gives a weighted average gradeover 1.8m of 39.35 g/t Au,34.75g/t Ag."

That's from the 31 March 2018 quarterly report. So the results on the 5 tonne sample won't be anything new, as much as some posters are trying to hype it up.

I just wish they'd start properly mining. Enough sampling and testing.

Blue Horseshoe
19-09-2018, 01:06 PM
Chairman believes it new data
Quote from the chairman's agm address.

I am delighted to advise that 5 Tonnes of 'Mystery vein' was excavated this
week allowing a number of 5kg samples to be sent for testing which will be
released in the coming days. The results of these samples will reveal new
data on this relatively new and much speculated about Vein.

t.rexjr
19-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Very interesting, suggests its being watched but under the radar as maybe no gold and no yield.
Once gold starts coming out and it has a revenue stream we could see the SP rise to more appropriate levels.

These articles are computer generated. They literally select a company a press go. They do bring to light some obvious points but don't think someone has put bonifide analysis into the company.

Brain
19-09-2018, 08:47 PM
"Three channel samples were taken from a cross section on the Mystery Vein on the north veindrive. .... gives a weighted average gradeover 1.8m of 39.35 g/t Au,34.75g/t Ag."

That's from the 31 March 2018 quarterly report. So the results on the 5 tonne sample won't be anything new, as much as some posters are trying to hype it up.

I just wish they'd start properly mining. Enough sampling and testing.

I think it is still a long way off before they start to mine in bulk. There have been no recent comments about toll treatment. The pilot plant only processes 90kg/hr so around about a tonne per day. Even at 40 grams per tonne that’s only about $1000 per day profit. Maybe they can process really high grades at Dubbo and that would generate a lot of cash. We don’t know how many tonnes of the high grade ore are in Dubbo. I take a more conservative view and see the pilot plant as purely a pilot plant. Experience with that plant will give NTL a better idea of the best way forward. Not being negative here because I think the mine has huge potential along with Rahu. I think that shareholders will need to be patient.

blackcap
19-09-2018, 10:07 PM
I think it is still a long way off before they start to mine in bulk. There have been no recent comments about toll treatment. The pilot plant only processes 90kg/hr so around about a tonne per day. Even at 40 grams per tonne that’s only about $1000 per day profit. t.

That would be $365,000 per annum which does not even cover the pay for the CEO and Directors.

Bluemanarc
20-09-2018, 06:44 AM
That would be $365,000 per annum which does not even cover the pay for the CEO and Directors.

They went through all of this during question time at the AGM.
But to be honest I got lost as the main speaker had a funny accent and spoke to fast and quiet each time.

However:

The bulk sampling and pilot plant are exactly that, small scale mining to prove the gold and prove the system and machinery work as expected.

Then they have plans to very much ramp production and gold recovery up.

That is all nicely detailed in the graphs they released in the report if you want to read them.

Projected all sorts of things, forgot now, out Y1 to Y9 etc.

They have those projected finance plans for current mine, then the deeper parts, then Rahu very much latter on.

blackcap
20-09-2018, 01:30 PM
They do it again. Announce in NZ that mining has commenced. No announcement to see in Australia.

What a bunch of muppets.

Though from intial calcs they are allowed to mine 20,000 cubic metres a year. If that is say 40,000 tonnes of ore and at 24g per tonne that works out to 960,000 grams of gold or 30,950 ounces, that would be revenue of $55,245,750 per annum. Happy days.

haewai
20-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Though from intial calcs they are allowed to mine 20,000 cubic metres a year. If that is say 40,000 tonnes of ore and at 24g per tonne that works out to 960,000 grams of gold or 30,950 ounces, that would be revenue of $55,245,750 per annum. Happy days.

More happy: "Should the Mystery prove to be as extensive as postulated it may prove to be similar to the Maria Vein, themain vein exploited at the historical Talisman Mine and from which more than 3 million ounces of bullionwas produced over the mines 23-year life."
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/324144/287114.pdf

Bluemanarc
20-09-2018, 01:54 PM
They looked pretty chummy at the AGM.
Relief in their faces that finally after overcoming all hurdles, they were going to be underway.
But always making comments about the unknowns, honest answers such as "we just don't know".
Well we are going to find out aren't we.

steveb
20-09-2018, 02:51 PM
well all I can say is well done to Mathew Hill and his team.Good perseverance and belief in the project.

Bluemanarc
20-09-2018, 03:14 PM
The news is spreading, and sellers are running for the hills, will be time again for that famous quote from someone on here.

"We have broken through the throne room and are into the treasure chamber" - something like that ?

blackcap
20-09-2018, 04:57 PM
I see the smart money is using this to exit at 1.7 and 1.6 on the NZX and 1.5 on the ASX. Rinse and repeat.

Brain
20-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Ended the day at 1.7 and the aussies not quite so enthusiastic at 1.5 converting to 1.64. All good.
I will hang on to see what happens. Hopefully in time shareholders will get the rewards that they deserve. Rewards that justify the significant risk that they have taken.

dubya
20-09-2018, 05:39 PM
I see the smart money is using this to exit at 1.7 and 1.6 on the NZX and 1.5 on the ASX. Rinse and repeat.

Yep. Just more of the same. :):) Sold the last few I had @ 1.7 and am happy to be gone.

mfd
20-09-2018, 06:38 PM
I think it is still a long way off before they start to mine in bulk. There have been no recent comments about toll treatment. The pilot plant only processes 90kg/hr so around about a tonne per day.

Just wondering where the 90kg/hr stat has come from, I've not been able to find it in recent reports? I do note from the last annual report "It is expected that the plant will be modular and scalable allowing components to beadded as production volumes increase."

jonu
20-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Yep. Just more of the same. :):) Sold the last few I had @ 1.7 and am happy to be gone.

As, no doubt, those who bought your shares are happy to be in. Aint no rinse and repeat. Mining has commenced!

blackcap
20-09-2018, 06:48 PM
As, no doubt, those who bought your shares are happy to be in. Aint no rinse and repeat. Mining has commenced!

At 90kg/hr or $1,000 profit per day, just covering the CEO salary :)

jonu
20-09-2018, 06:57 PM
At 90kg/hr or $1,000 profit per day, just covering the CEO salary :)

As mfd asked above, I'm not sure where the 90kg per hour figure came from either, but regardless, it is somewhat disingenuous to suggest that is what they are limited to over anything more than the short term. The TMP has been approved, allowing truck movements if they wish to process off site, but it is their obvious intention to concentrate onsite, and after testing the pilot design of the concentrator, it can be scaled up or replicated in other shafts of the mine.
Happy days. We have a permitted gold mine where the infrastructure is in place to extract and bulk sample at a profitable rate.

haewai
20-09-2018, 07:33 PM

Are you trolling, or are those trades tagged "smart money" on your screen?

blackcap
20-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Are you trolling, or are those trades tagged "smart money" on your screen?

Not trolling at all. Just looking at historical price action on this sort of announcement. Pre and post. Would suggest the smart money is getting out at 1.6 and 1.7 on the NZX. Some lucky seller even managed to get 1.8 for a small amount.

Brain
20-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Just wondering where the 90kg/hr stat has come from, I've not been able to find it in recent reports? I do note from the last annual report "It is expected that the plant will be modular and scalable allowing components to beadded as production volumes increase."

I went to the ASM and that figure was mentioned by Wayne Chowles from memory. It is a pilot plant after all. NTL had not been commenting much on the traffic management plan recently. Now that they have an approved plan maybe they will just go for toll treatment of the ore. To me processing on site seemed to be a good idea if they were going to run into problems with the Hauraki District Council TMP approval. Clearly the TMP has been problematic because the approval has taken a long time. I have been to a number of the ASMs and spoken to Wayne Chowles. My general impression is all these guys want to do is mine the ore. The CEO as a significant shareholder has interest pretty well aligned with us shareholders so it all seems positive to me. The risks are still there and they are probably political but NTL are in a much better position than a year ago. A lot has been achieved you have to give them credit for that.

Brain
20-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Forgot to add that at the ASM they mentioned that the pilot plant would be located off site.
Like I said before I am sure Matt Hill wants to make a few bob out of this so I am sure the best decisions will be made

emveha
20-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Not trolling at all. Just looking at historical price action on this sort of announcement. Pre and post. Would suggest the smart money is getting out at 1.6 and 1.7 on the NZX. Some lucky seller even managed to get 1.8 for a small amount.

I guess that's the difference between trading and investing. Believing in the outcome of this venture, I invested.

steveb
21-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know if there any quantities of other metals,such as silver from the mystery and maria veins?

Bluemanarc
21-09-2018, 01:54 PM

Not many smart money people with lots of money then, as turnover was very light.

Looks like all the smart money people with lots of money are holding all their shares.

Bluemanarc
21-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Does anyone know if there any quantities of other metals,such as silver from the mystery and maria veins?

There is only silver, question was asked at AGM, answer was a strong yes their is definitely a lot of silver.

I have no idea as to what the answer was in regard to how much, my small mind couldn't handle the technical answer.

Clints
22-09-2018, 06:48 AM
Hopefully a lot of gold too. Silver's not really going help if the yellow stuff is missing :)