PDA

View Full Version : NTL - New Talisman Mine - New board & Directors

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Chippie
15-05-2021, 10:38 PM
Just reviewing the quarterly again. And the major industry group NTL are in discussions with must be someone like Oceana as not many other major players in NZ do large hard rock gold processing. That would make sense for both parties.

Tappers12
16-05-2021, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=Tappers12;885353]

If your from California it's not Saturday but Friday over there...I smell a raaaat

Corrrect.. It was Friday here.. and now its saturday!! its not hard to do simple addition of hours to time zones to make a point to morons who have nothing better to do

Tappers12
16-05-2021, 02:00 AM
We have just had a Quarterly that gave us plenty to discuss. Instead the thread descended into the normal Punch & Judy BS.

I would be interested in hearing your (and Tappers12) views on NTL's progress on finding a processing route for their ore. This was a major obstacle that looks to have been solved.

Hey Jonu!

So I presumed the deal for broken hills mine was NTLs attempt at opening links they didn't have previously to processing as much as it is them acquiring a mine. Looking back at the release in January it intimated that Broken Hill used Waihi plant of Oceana Gold and I was of the understanding that NTL would be looking at that previous established relationship between mining and processing to help get them to the next stage from explorer to developer in the short to medium term. Is this what you believe? I think the chat about Mint is a bit of a distraction and attempt to appease the green brigade that they are looking at alternative future methods but in reality as investors to finally see gold production it is nothing to note.

I also never really understood what reasoning Talisman never got off the ground? Was it to do with unfeasibility of the processing plant within the mine?? Do you think they have potential to finally use the links to Oceana as a way of taking ore out of Talisman as they presumably still have the bulk testing permits?

Brain
16-05-2021, 07:36 AM
I have been away from this thread for a while. Does any body know if the NZSA has been able to communicate with the Chairman of the board?

gmatt
16-05-2021, 08:45 AM
Doubled up

gmatt
16-05-2021, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=porkandpuha;885348]Never touched NTL. I was saved by the good people on this thread who showed me the joke it was.[/QUOTE

I mean.. if you haven't proven my point already.. you have now. Some of you need to invest in dogecoin.. live a little... get a rush.. some excitment. Instead you spend your Saturday afternoons on here on a page of a company you've never invested in.. haha

I had 18,000,000 of these 4 years ago when sp went to 2.7 ..... of course they did a CR then (they couldn't resist the cash) .... after that it became obvious to me that future prospects were low and I got out at an average just under .02c (buy-in av .005) ...... 3-4 years later the prospects look even grimmer .... be careful out there!!!

jonu
16-05-2021, 09:13 AM
Hey Jonu!

So I presumed the deal for broken hills mine was NTLs attempt at opening links they didn't have previously to processing as much as it is them acquiring a mine. Looking back at the release in January it intimated that Broken Hill used Waihi plant of Oceana Gold and I was of the understanding that NTL would be looking at that previous established relationship between mining and processing to help get them to the next stage from explorer to developer in the short to medium term. Is this what you believe? I think the chat about Mint is a bit of a distraction and attempt to appease the green brigade that they are looking at alternative future methods but in reality as investors to finally see gold production it is nothing to note.

I also never really understood what reasoning Talisman never got off the ground? Was it to do with unfeasibility of the processing plant within the mine?? Do you think they have potential to finally use the links to Oceana as a way of taking ore out of Talisman as they presumably still have the bulk testing permits?

From what I can make out, Broken hills has several advantages.

1. Possible access to a processor

2. The ability to have two ore sources to keep a plant busy (providing scale)

3. A mine with a history of on vein extraction with data that can be used to establish JORC without drilling

4. The Broken Hills tenement borders Ogc's WKP where they have confirmed massive ounces with drilling. Rabone Snr is a geologist. He knew without drilling. It would appear he was right and the geology is contiguous with WKP.

As to why NTL faltered the last 3-4 years? The unexpected void in the Dubbo shaft meant what was low hanging fruit became harder to get, and OGC mothballing their plant for 18 months really stuffed them up. Add Covid and it was a perfect storm.

I certainly wouldn't argue that NTL were quick and agile in dealing with these issues, but that is spilt milk. I look forward to hearing of ore being processed and the associated grades. NTL certainly does have its Bulk Sampling permit, which is capable of delivering strong positive cashflow. That's why the sourcing of a processor is such a break through.

kiora
16-05-2021, 09:30 AM
Some possibilities "Possible access to a processor"
But no certainties "New Talisman Gold Mines Limited and Broken Hills Historic Mine Limited are
currently working with Mint Innovation Limited (a New Zealand company) to
determine the feasibility of using their novel technology for gold recovery using
microorganisms."

porkandpuha
16-05-2021, 04:27 PM
We have just had a Quarterly that gave us plenty to discuss. Instead the thread descended into the normal Punch & Judy BS.

I would be interested in hearing your (and Tappers12) views on NTL's progress on finding a processing route for their ore. This was a major obstacle that looks to have been solved.

I would be interested to hear from holders why they would give up so much of their hard earned to invest in a company being run by one of the 2 worst CEOs on the entire NZX along with Ronnie/QEX. The guy has more red flags than Otahuhu after a Tongan league win.

Hawkeye
16-05-2021, 07:42 PM
From what I can make out, Broken hills has several advantages.

1. Possible access to a processor

2. The ability to have two ore sources to keep a plant busy (providing scale)

3. A mine with a history of on vein extraction with data that can be used to establish JORC without drilling

4. The Broken Hills tenement borders Ogc's WKP where they have confirmed massive ounces with drilling. Rabone Snr is a geologist. He knew without drilling. It would appear he was right and the geology is contiguous with WKP.

As to why NTL faltered the last 3-4 years? The unexpected void in the Dubbo shaft meant what was low hanging fruit became harder to get, and OGC mothballing their plant for 18 months really stuffed them up. Add Covid and it was a perfect storm.

I certainly wouldn't argue that NTL were quick and agile in dealing with these issues, but that is spilt milk. I look forward to hearing of ore being processed and the associated grades. NTL certainly does have its Bulk Sampling permit, which is capable of delivering strong positive cashflow. That's why the sourcing of a processor is such a break through.

I'd love to support you on this, but i can't to little to late i'm afraid. i'll keep my holding but that mainly my mentality of going down with this sinking ship and seeing if any gold spills out as it hits the bottom.

If I were to be optimistic, I do remember a struggling WHS and their efforts to get the big boys to provide them with quality electronics and being rebuffed by them as they were not the type of store they wanted to advertise in, they then purchased noel leeming & bond and bond(I think), and that gave them the connection they needed, im not saying it changed the profits of the WHS immediately, but it certainly helped.

Oliver Mander
17-05-2021, 07:12 PM
I have been away from this thread for a while. Does any body know if the NZSA has been able to communicate with the Chairman of the board?

Hi Brain...we had one meeting back in March. It was 'out of cycle' for NZSA; while we normally meet companies prior to a shareholder meeting, the volume of queries relating to NTL got to the point where it was simply worth a conversation. The main topics we talked about reflected the shareholder concerns NZSA had received, including those expressed on this site.

Fundamentalfinder
17-05-2021, 07:36 PM
What if we drummed up some interest on reddit and made NTL a bit like GameStop?

stoploss
17-05-2021, 09:25 PM

There are a couple of things that could count against you .
GME has 70.77 Mio shares on issue with a market cap of circa USD $ 11 Bio ( some of these shares are tightly held , or not able to be sold) So a plus for a squeeze .
NTL has 2,792,225,363 shares on issue , not sure if the options are still listed or have expired but there was 17 Million of them kicking around as well. So much liquidity , reminds me of the Reichsmark in 1923 .....
Best of luck on reddit, you might have some fun, but nobody is short this stock to get squeezed out of the position ......

Brain
18-05-2021, 05:54 AM

I would prefer NTL’s price to increase due to profitable mining taking place creating wealth for all shareholders rather than from share speculation.As Stoploss points out market manipulation is highly unlikely to succeed so it is up to the board and management to perform which many,myself included think unlikely. Possibly the discussions that Oliver and the NZSA had with NTL will throw some light on the situation. I am looking forward to the next edition of The Scrip

whatsup
19-05-2021, 04:57 PM
I think that today was a "day to remember " the first day when there was no trade in NTL shares on the NZX !!!

Getty
19-05-2021, 07:53 PM
Very pleasing to read that electric locomotives are available,

With our new expertise , will we be taking over the Driving Creek railway up past Coromandel, or have we set our sights a bit higher, and eyeing up Kiwirail?

Hawkeye
19-05-2021, 07:55 PM
I think that today was a "day to remember " the first day when there was no trade in NTL shares on the NZX !!!

There are A LOT of buyers at .003 cents, I get that its super cheap but is it really? How cheap is it if its going bust? or do you think they will buy and try and sell at .004? or could it be Matts uncles, cousins and dog groomers stocking up? geeez I hope its the latter but probably not.....

stoploss
19-05-2021, 08:07 PM
There are A LOT of buyers at .003 cents, I get that its super cheap but is it really? How cheap is it if its going bust? or do you think they will buy and try and sell at .004? or could it be Matts uncles, cousins and dog groomers stocking up? geeez I hope its the latter but probably not.....
Look at this cracker on the ASX... yes it can get cheaper ....

CLZ.AU - Classic Min Ltd - Ordinary Fully Paid

Last
DCF
Gap
VWAP
Buy
Sell
High
Low
First
Volume
Value

0.1 ¢
(AUD)

https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/spacer.gif

19/05 16:10 AET

$111,745

Buy (https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/secure/order.aspx?a=buy&sc=CLZ&eg=AU)
Sell (https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/secure/order.aspx?a=sell&sc=CLZ&eg=AU)
+Watchlist (https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/secure/watchlists.aspx?a=add&sc=CLZ&eg=AU)
+Portfolio (https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/secure/portfolios.aspx?a=add&sc=CLZ&eg=AU)

Bids

Quantity
No.
Price

3,351,211,209https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/spacer.gif

Asks

Price
No.
Quantity

2,183,815,948https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/spacer.gif

584,741,335https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif

150,201,579https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/depth_before.gif

stoploss
19-05-2021, 08:11 PM
Sorry didn't copy well. Basically .1/.2 3.3 bio on the bid,2.1 bio on the offer .....

Topagent
19-05-2021, 09:08 PM
I’ve followed this thread for a long time and was fortunate to buy in at 1.2 and sell at an average of 2.1 but have been sitting on the sidelines forever wondering if I’d find an opportunity to buy back in. I have to say the asx scares the crap out of me now how could anyone have confidence in this company anymore. The only way I’d buy now is if I thought it was a better prospect than lotto but clearly it isn’t.

Motley Crew
21-05-2021, 02:58 AM
Yes I have taken advantage of that to raise funds for MLL which is up about 40% in the last couple of weeks - that equates to A$0.0084 in NTL terms (NZ$0.009). Anyone see that SP going through recently ? The longer you stick with NTL the further behind the market you become = Opportunity Cost, or in this case = The Cost of Lost Opportunity

Hi All. Just a Refresh.
Go take a look at this Oz gold stock FFX (was MLL ref above in my earlier post).
Up 6x since I bought in with the proceeds of NTL funds in October 2020 (equivalent to 3.6c NTL SP now)
It's not too late to get into this star.
I just can't understand the misplaced hope for NTL's future when there are opportunities like this out there where you can recoup the NTL down draft from 2.7c (2017) to .003 / .004 now - in less than 12 months.
Be Bold. Get out and make some $$ elsewhere.

Disc. Still holding just the wonderful 5.5c 2022 options.

Getty
21-05-2021, 11:18 AM
Oh no.

The wheels are wheely falling off the locomotives now.
Point 3 has become the new norm.

Toot toot.

Next stop point two.

Getty
21-05-2021, 12:58 PM
Here's a track to get things rocking & rolling.
https://youtu.be/wBVgVABsf-4

Motley Crew
21-05-2021, 01:12 PM
Oh no.

The wheels are wheely falling off the locomotives now.
Point 3 has become the new norm.

Toot toot.

Next stop point two.

And 23.5m shares wanted by 118 buyers - that's 200k shares each = $600
Hardly worth it

Landyman
21-05-2021, 02:20 PM
A sad day, under efficient market hypothesis, the shareholders are speaking.

The flipside, the lower it gets, the more chance this could be a 10 bagger. Can they pull a rabbit from the hat? Rathbone to save them? FMA come out and say Hill is a top bloke? Ore processed into Au?

I for one am speaking with my wallet and will leave my bid for 1 share in place.

Lets hope the train is like Snow Piercer the movie, down to the last hope, and then boom, there is a re-awakening? Sorry for the plot spoiler, good movie.

nztx
21-05-2021, 02:56 PM

The flipside, the lower it gets, the more chance this could be a 10 bagger. Can they pull a rabbit from the hat? Rathbone to save them? FMA come out and say Hill is a top bloke? Ore processed into Au?

I for one am speaking with my wallet and will leave my bid for 1 share in place.

Lets hope the train is like Snow Piercer the movie, down to the last hope, and then boom, there is a re-awakening? Sorry for the plot spoiler, good movie.

I might even join you in adding another 1 share & watching .. ;)

The Ozzie Gold Co's excite me far more however, by well over a million miles ;)

Getty
21-05-2021, 03:43 PM
I notice Tappers from the Wheeltappers & Shunters Club hasnt been back on here huffing & puffing. .

Did he get his signal, and go and derail himself into a siding, or was he shunted sideways?

nztx
22-05-2021, 05:00 PM

Now that's a funny scenario -- imagine the CEO trotting out a bag of gold stuff & emptying it on the top desk at next AGM
- 'this is what we got out in the past few days' ..
The FMA would be sitting wondering confused at what all the noise was about .. ;)
The SP would go through through the roof overnight and NTL would cop multiple speeding tickets every day for a few weeks .. ;)

A nice dream .. but back to reality .. ;)

I think miracles on the this side of the ditch are likely very much rarer than over in the Aussie Minerals spectrum .. ;)

Tappers12
23-05-2021, 04:16 AM
I notice Tappers from the Wheeltappers & Shunters Club hasnt been back on here huffing & puffing. .

Did he get his signal, and go and derail himself into a siding, or was he shunted sideways?

Getty! Thanks for the special mention. I feel privileged. Nothing has changed this week. Unlike yourself and the rest of your brigade, I have a life outside of sharetrading and posting on this forum 24/7. Nothing of note to 'huff and puff' about. You and the regular brigade still churning out the same old boring chat

Getty
23-05-2021, 08:47 AM
You are most welcome.

We all look forward to the reality checks and uplift that you provide.

Is NTL a buy or a sell?

Tappers12
23-05-2021, 09:12 AM
You are most welcome.

We all look forward to the reality checks and uplift that you provide.

Is NTL a buy or a sell?

Well unfortunately you are either too ignorant or arrogant for the reality check to have any effect. Haven't decided yet.

As to your question... you aren't going to get a bite out of me. Depends on the individuals preference if its a buy or sell.

Getty
23-05-2021, 09:24 AM
No worries, time is on your side.

Speaking of time, I was wondering if you could kindly create a schedule for the 'Brigade', of time slots that you consider correct, of when to view the thread, and another set of time slots of when you deem it appropriate for the Brigade to comment on the thread.

Tappers12
23-05-2021, 09:51 AM
No worries, time is on your side.9

Speaking of time, I was wondering if you could kindly create a schedule for the 'Brigade', of time slots that you consider correct, of when to view the thread, and another set of time slots of when you deem it appropriate for the Brigade to comment on the thread.

I've worked it out.. its a mix of stupidity and ignorance.

You obviously didn't get the point... ill say it one more time.

If you're not holding and you are a bit but hurt by losing $$$ i understand the frustration and negativity... but people like yourself have been copying and pasting the same post week in week out for the last 18 months. We get it!! You are boring all of us. Your posts are pointless. Now do all of us a favour and either write something original / something constructive that starts a talking point which is the whole point of a forum or jog on somewhere else.

Instead of waking up on a weekend morning trying to get a reaction out of other people.. go out and find a hobby. Being a troll on a sharetrading forum is the pinnacle of being a waste of a human life

ThaiJohn
23-05-2021, 10:10 AM
Where's the gold, Matt?

Getty
23-05-2021, 10:36 AM
I've worked it out.. its a mix of stupidity and ignorance.

You obviously didn't get the point... ill say it one more time.

If you're not holding and you are a bit but hurt by losing $$$ i understand the frustration and negativity... but people like yourself have been copying and pasting the same post week in week out for the last 18 months. We get it!! You are boring all of us. Your posts are pointless. Now do all of us a favour and either write something original / something constructive that starts a talking point which is the whole point of a forum or jog on somewhere else.

Instead of waking up on a weekend morning trying to get a reaction out of other people.. go out and find a hobby. Being a troll on a sharetrading forum is the pinnacle of being a waste of a human life

What a disappointment.

Re read your own post to see the hypocrisy.

19 posts in, and its so obvious you are a Jonuite.

Here I was hoping for some structure & enlightenment that you seemed to promise everybody, even some entertainment, but instead just belittlement.

Ah well, back to my hobbies.

Tappers12
23-05-2021, 10:49 AM
What a disappointment.

Here I was hoping for some structure & enlightenment that you seemed to promise everybody, even some entertainment, but instead just belittlement.

Please feel free to enlighten me to my hypocrisy??

You want to have a chat about NTL?? Let's go!

Firstly though.. when you held shares.. how long did you hold for and how much did you lose?

I may be 19 posts in but I've been following NTL on this thread for 8 years now and I find it astonishing you are brave enough to claim im belittling you!! All I've seen from the likes of you for the lasts 18 months is belittling of others who either have positive hopes or views on this stock.. you are just becoming defensive and playing the victim card because someone other than Jonu is calling you out on your tiresome posts that hasnt got anything to do with fundamentals of the company

Getty
23-05-2021, 11:00 AM
You are distracting me from my hobbies there, Great priest of high virtue posting.

Can I ask, of all the threads on offer, why did you choose to land on this one?

Whether you are from Queenstown, Stateside, or KeriKeri, 8 years is a long time to wait?

porkandpuha
23-05-2021, 11:02 AM
What a disappointment.

I was about to point out the hypocrisy in post #7243, but then I found myself a hobby :eek2:

Getty
23-05-2021, 11:43 AM
Looks like the Brigade has put out the fire.

Didn't even singe the kindling wood!

Tappers12
23-05-2021, 01:04 PM
Looks like the Brigade has put out the fire.

Didn't even singe the kindling wood!

Really?? You answer your post with another post from yourself 43 minutes later?? Wow! I mean you are really breaching new uncharted waters.

I'm not quite sure what reason you have for completely avoiding my questions from earlier?? Embarrassed about how much you gambled away on a risky stock?? Embarresed that you either cut and run too soon or held on for too long?? What is it??

I'm not quite sure what your asking?? Why it took me 8 years to post a on this thread?? Mainly because its a little thing on the side. I'm not sat here acting like the big dick slinging mud at whoever I can. I read this forum for a long time post buying in to NTL amongst others as there are a few people on here who are worth listening to. I haven't felt the need to write anything until now because I, like so many people are sick and tired of reading the same post by the likes of yourself Thaijohn and pprkchops whatever his name is. You 3 may have some valid points, I agree with some of what you guys have said.. but after 18 months my eyes are bleeding from the repetition of the same old dribble you come up with.

WE GET IT!!

I just can't get any rationale why you still bother?? There is just no reasoning!

So Getty.. please help explain it to me? How much did you lose?? How long did you hold for?? How long along did you sell up? Please don't avoid basic fundamental questions that will help explain to all.of us why you guys are narsacitic fantastists

porkandpuha
23-05-2021, 01:13 PM
I just can't get any rationale why you still bother?? There is just no reasoning!

I think thats the same message we are trying to spread to the current hodlers

Getty
23-05-2021, 02:16 PM
Ah TAP, are you running hot or cold today?

Either way, you seem keen to mix it.

Holding back all these years has led to a lot of pent up frustration for you, so I'm glad to be able to help you lance your boil.

You really should get out more, and visit an optometrist along the way.

Then you would have been able to read I'm the proud owner of the Getty share.

You would also see I dont post the same one twice, but plenty of originality that you crave for.

As for big dick, I will defer to your appraisal on such matters.

To help you in your remedial treatment, I offer the following track.

https://youtu.be/aQ53_yJ7tKw

Tappers12
23-05-2021, 02:29 PM
Ah TAP, are you running hot or cold today?

Either way, you seem keen to mix it.

Holding back all these years has led to a lot of pent up frustration for you, so I'm glad to be able to help you lance your boil.

You really should get out more, and visit an optometrist along the way.

Then you would have been able to read I'm the proud owner of the Getty share.

You would also see I dont post the same one twice, but plenty of originality that you crave for.

As for big dick, I will defer to your appraisal on such matters.

To help you in your remedial treatment, I offer the following track.

https://youtu.be/aQ53_yJ7tKw

Thanks but its a bit overplayed here.

So have you always just had one share?? Just recently purchased one share?

Getty
23-05-2021, 02:37 PM
You obviously haven't been reading the posts as well as you claim, but the Getty share is a parcel of shares.

Now I'm off to boxing training, so dont you accuse me of running away from a fight, I'm going to one.

Tappers12
23-05-2021, 02:59 PM
You obviously haven't been reading the posts as well as you claim, but the Getty share is a parcel of shares.

Now I'm off to boxing training, so dont you accuse me of running away from a fight, I'm going to one.

How is it that every time you get asked a question you go on such a convoluted journey and you only answer one part of it!?!

Good for you! Remember the punch bags don't hit back

ziggy415
23-05-2021, 06:20 PM

You Plonker

ziggy415
23-05-2021, 06:21 PM
How is it that every time you get asked a question you go on such a convoluted journey and you only answer one part of it!?!

Good for you! Remember the punch bags don't hit back

You plonker

Lion
24-05-2021, 07:47 AM
You plonker

Getty
24-05-2021, 08:49 AM
The way Tapper was railing upon everyone, I wondered whether he should be plonked in the damaged goods shed, the dangerous goods shed, or the loco shed.

Instead, Vince shed him.

jonu
24-05-2021, 08:56 AM
So we have 2 or 3 posters who continually make stuff up and denigrate others without repercussions, and someone who stands their ground with a certain amount of indignance, and then gets banned.

Vince or whoever is moderating (Left field seems to be awol) needs to get over their personal agenda and re-establish the integrity of this site.

Meanwhile in the real world I look forward to hearing updates of ore getting processed!

Getty
24-05-2021, 09:03 AM
Yes Jonu, after 8 yrs that processing cant come soon enough.

Flugenbear
24-05-2021, 09:39 AM
Well yes, starting the bulk sampling which should have happened years ago, would be something. But there's no mining permit to get mining proper....it's doubtful there ever will be one, so processing ore is just one of the problems. If they ever do manage to tick that box they'll then have to convince the powers that be how they'll look after all those rare frogs we're all queuing up to view.

steveb
24-05-2021, 10:17 AM
If there was any chance of getting the mine into production it would have happened by now.Given the grades we have been led to believe have been discovered,the mine would be well a "goldmine".Matt could have tripled his salary and declared bonuses ad will,and none of the shareholders would have given one iota.
Instead we have an overpaid ceo who should by rights be on a performance salary,and a board so weak they seem to be led by the nose,by said ceo.

The only really good mining I have seen is that of mining the shareholders with one capital raise after another.

Oh and I have some options for sale if anyone wants them!

jonu
24-05-2021, 10:37 AM
If there was any chance of getting the mine into production it would have happened by now.Given the grades we have been led to believe have been discovered,the mine would be well a "goldmine".

Your other points are fair opinion, but "led to believe" is out of line. JORC is a rigorous and stringent process and accepted industry standard. If you don't believe that you have no business investing in Gold Produder/Explorers. And less business commenting on them.

Of course the same applies to many in the chorus here. Frustrations with lack of progress and the CEO...fair enough, but JORC is JORC.

steveb
24-05-2021, 12:27 PM
Your other points are fair opinion, but "led to believe" is out of line. JORC is a rigorous and stringent process and accepted industry standard. If you don't believe that you have no business investing in Gold Produder/Explorers. And less business commenting on them.

Of course the same applies to many in the chorus here. Frustrations with lack of progress and the CEO...fair enough, but JORC is JORC.

Well Jonu here you go again spouting off without checking your facts,I have picked you up on this in the past,but I guess you will never learn.This from the 2017 resource estimate:-

"Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, the samples are considered valid and it was decidedto model the resource here predominantly at inferred status under JORC 2012 until such timethat the Company can sample the areas."

Note the words " inferred status",and the words "until such time that the company can sample the areas"

jonu
24-05-2021, 12:41 PM
Well Jonu here you go again spouting off without checking your facts,I have picked you up on this in the past,but I guess you will never learn.This from the 2017 resource estimate:-

"Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, the samples are considered valid and it was decidedto model the resource here predominantly at inferred status under JORC 2012 until such timethat the Company can sample the areas."

Note the words " inferred status",and the words "until such time that the company can sample the areas"

All you have done is further highlight your lack of understanding of JORC. As I said, JORC is JORC.

steveb
24-05-2021, 12:58 PM
total tunnel vision jonu just see what you want to see.So where is this JORC report?
Plonker

jonu
24-05-2021, 01:03 PM
total tunnel vision jonu just see what you want to see.So where is this JORC report?
Plonker

Take a chill pill steveb. All I have pointed out is that JORC is an industry standard that NTL complies with. Using the term "led to believe" implies you have been conned on JORC estimates. If you don't believe JORC estimates don't invest in the mining sector.

Vince
24-05-2021, 02:35 PM
Vince or whoever is moderating (Left field seems to be awol) needs to get over their personal agenda and re-establish the integrity of this site.

The integrity of the site is kept by identifying people who have other agendas and getting rid of them pretty quickly. It's nothing personal from me or any MOD.

Vince

Getty
24-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Thankyou for good work as usual Vince.

tim23
24-05-2021, 07:08 PM
Take a chill pill steveb. All I have pointed out is that JORC is an industry standard that NTL complies with. Using the term "led to believe" implies you have been conned on JORC estimates. If you don't believe JORC estimates don't invest in the mining sector.

This is a bit unusual but I agree with your post.

tommy_d
24-05-2021, 07:11 PM
Meanwhile in the real world I look forward to hearing updates of ore getting processed!
that would be great news, fingers crossed for all who hold.
In the real world, I'm looking forward to the outcome of the FMA investigation, and appropriate penalties if illegal activity has occurred

Ltw
25-05-2021, 11:09 AM
The integrity of the site is kept by identifying people who have other agendas and getting rid of them pretty quickly. It's nothing personal from me or any MOD.

Vince

So are you saying Vince the constant stream of BS written by Getty in this thread is all good??

Getty
25-05-2021, 12:46 PM
Let me put it this way.

You are on the Titanic, and you know its going to sink.

Someone is offering music, entertainment & free booze.

Or else you can stay prim & proper, to listen to a Jonu advertorial.

What are you going to do??

Well guess what, its a decision you dont have to make, because on the NTL thread you can have both!

Whatever floats ya boat!!

zacman
25-05-2021, 02:13 PM
Let me put it this way.

You are on the Titanic, and you know its going to sink.

Someone is offering music, entertainment & free booze.

Or else you can stay prim & proper, to listen to a Jonu advertorial.

What are you going to do??

Well guess what, its a decision you dont have to make, because on the NTL thread you can have both!

Whatever floats ya boat!!

Poor analogy. The Titanic was promoted as the biggest, the best, and the safest. Perhaps the Titanic should be compared with ATM.

NTL was always a penny dreadful. Anyone who has invested money in NTL must do so with the expectation that they may lose it all.

We don't need you continuing to regurgitate your view that it is a high risk stock. All exploration mining companies are. You only invest your money knowing you may lose it all.

Jonu is clearly a keen investor. I assume he has done his research. Buy like us all, he must be assumed to be prepared to lose it all.

You reminding him of that over and over doesn't help anyone.

zacman

haewai
26-05-2021, 01:08 PM
Waiting on:
- FMA investigation
- Due diligence of Broken Hill and if agreement will go ahead, and likely cost. Will the Rabones accept payment in shares @ 0.7c each given market value?
- Processor name, start of processing and results, possibly triggering bulk sampling consent start
- How all of that will be afforded with $1.1m in the bank as at 31 March (now two months on from there)

Flugenbear
26-05-2021, 06:37 PM
I wonder when the inevitable share consolidation will occur. It's going to be tough to do a capital raise with the current situation. The only success NTL has really had is raising money, but haven't progressed much else. Unfortunately they have lost the trust of almost all shareholders now, so it's going to be a tough sell. I've supported every raise in the past 4 years, but no chance in hell will they get a cent from me this time. And I'm not bitter, actually made a lot of money from it from selling at the right time, but that was a little lucky. Looking back, I'm a little like, how did I get sucked into that for so long....
But a point that's been made before, be prepared to lose anything you put in here. Unfortunately that is a very real reality, IMHO.

porkandpuha
26-05-2021, 10:35 PM
1.1m shares going through at .4c to close the day.

I did have to laugh at the parcel of 1 whole share going through at 2:08pm today.

Paint it Black
28-05-2021, 02:52 PM
With the PoG almost at US1900 and the results of the stockpiled ore 100t sample testing expected any day some positivity exists.

Brain
28-05-2021, 05:55 PM
With the PoG almost at US1900 and the results of the stockpiled ore 100t sample testing expected any day some positivity exists.

Yes but shareholders have been disappointed time and time again and most of us would say - why will it be different this time?

Flugenbear
30-05-2021, 07:57 PM

For those that may have forgotten, or not been following NTL then, take a read of the announcement from 28 NOV 2013. This was the day NTL announced the resource consent for mine refurbishment and bulk sampling. Basically the ore has been sitting there since 2014. So it's difficult to get excited again 7 years down the track over this ore which they seem either incapable or unwilling to process up to now. And the bulk sampling is just that, it is not full scale mining which they don't as yet have a consent for. So my question is, if they can't even get the sampling over the goal line since 2013, what chances are there to actually get mining? As much as I would like to see success I think there are just too many hurdles to make it happen. Now the shift in focus to other projects seem to only support this thought. You are right about the PoG though, that seems to be trendy up nicely and should help my OGC holding. I think NTL is probably one of the few Companies where it is all but irrelevant.

Paint it Black
31-05-2021, 12:29 PM
For those that may have forgotten, or not been following NTL then, take a read of the announcement from 28 NOV 2013. This was the day NTL announced the resource consent for mine refurbishment and bulk sampling. Basically the ore has been sitting there since 2014. So it's difficult to get excited again 7 years down the track over this ore which they seem either incapable or unwilling to process up to now. And the bulk sampling is just that, it is not full scale mining which they don't as yet have a consent for. So my question is, if they can't even get the sampling over the goal line since 2013, what chances are there to actually get mining? As much as I would like to see success I think there are just too many hurdles to make it happen. Now the shift in focus to other projects seem to only support this thought. You are right about the PoG though, that seems to be trendy up nicely and should help my OGC holding. I think NTL is probably one of the few Companies where it is all but irrelevant.

The difference this time is the confirmed processor availability as reported below from the last quarterly. This is key before triggering the bulk sampling 2 year period.

In addition, during the quarter discussions progressed with a major New
Zealand industry group that currently have immediate capacity to process an
initial batch of up to 100t of ore and a proposal has been put forward which
provides the potential for developing jointly or separately a permanent or
mobile treatment facility, following initial feasibility which is expected to
commence in the near term for testwork.

porkandpuha
31-05-2021, 01:14 PM
The difference this time is the confirmed processor availability as reported below from the last quarterly. This is key before triggering the bulk sampling 2 year period.

If this was so important, why is Matt on record in that 2013 report saying:
"We are now in a position to establish New Talisman as a recognised developer and producer of precious metals in New Zealand and deliver the first ore from the mine since Southern Gold Ltd ceased operations in the early 1990’s"

jonu
31-05-2021, 04:23 PM
Tucked away in this afternoon's Preliminary Full Year Report

"One of the operators is currently processing 1 Tonne of High grade ore which will
determine the efficiencies with a variety of grind sizes and no chemical treatment using gravity
separation"

kiora
31-05-2021, 04:46 PM
And in the report
What is this about?
"No further impairment of prospecting costs were recognised this period due to uncertainty around access to the land (last year $2,757,313). "

jonu
31-05-2021, 04:49 PM
And in the report
What is this about?
"No further impairment of prospecting costs were recognised this period due to uncertainty around access to the land (last year $2,757,313). "

I think that refers to Rahu where some of the access is through DOC.

kiora
31-05-2021, 04:55 PM
How much was Rahu brought for?
https://www.mining.com/new-talisman-gold-buys-80-new-zealands-rahu-project/
"Such previous intersections included: 16 metres at 2.49 g/t Au; 8 metres at 1.71 g/t Au; 66 metres at 0.49 g/t Au; and 130 metres at 0.35 g/t Au."
Au yields lowish?

Paint it Black
31-05-2021, 05:11 PM
If this was so important, why is Matt on record in that 2013 report saying:
"We are now in a position to establish New Talisman as a recognised developer and producer of precious metals in New Zealand and deliver the first ore from the mine since Southern Gold Ltd ceased operations in the early 1990’s"

This was a statement relating to the consenting of mining the ore (which is the rock from which the gold/silver is processed) not processing gold which then will position NTL as a producer of precious metals. Ore is consented as being extractable from the mine, and small quantities have been, while care has been taken to not trigger the start of the bulk sampling two year window. This is explained in today's preliminary report. Unfortunately the 'positioning to produce precious metals' which needs a processor everyone agrees has taken much longer than hoped.

jonu
31-05-2021, 05:21 PM
How much was Rahu brought for?
https://www.mining.com/new-talisman-gold-buys-80-new-zealands-rahu-project/
"Such previous intersections included: 16 metres at 2.49 g/t Au; 8 metres at 1.71 g/t Au; 66 metres at 0.49 g/t Au; and 130 metres at 0.35 g/t Au."
Au yields lowish?

Rahu is a tenement which as far as I know involves an initial fee then to maintain the prospecting rights you are meant to do something with it. So not purchased per se.

Flugenbear
31-05-2021, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know the status of consent for actual mining? Has it even been lodged or do they have to sort out the processing before they can lodge an application? I know the bulk sampling was considered an important step to full mining, but there hasn't been a lot of talk about it. Clearly bulk sampling is not a profitable exercise by itself, so it needs to lead to something. Hopefully the current measures to get a processing option sorted won't lead to further disappoint, it might be the nail in the coffin.

jonu
31-05-2021, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know the status of consent for actual mining? Has it even been lodged or do they have to sort out the processing before they can lodge an application? I know the bulk sampling was considered an important step to full mining, but there hasn't been a lot of talk about it. Clearly bulk sampling is not a profitable exercise by itself, so it needs to lead to something. Hopefully the current measures to get a processing option sorted won't lead to further disappoint, it might be the nail in the coffin.

Bulk sampling, with the grades that NTL has will be extremely profitable. At current prices around $1800 NZD dollars an ounce profit by my reckoning. That's not allowing for ore that is already stockpiled.

Flugenbear
01-06-2021, 12:02 AM
Bulk sampling, with the grades that NTL has will be extremely profitable. At current prices around $1800 NZD dollars an ounce profit by my reckoning. That's not allowing for ore that is already stockpiled.
Yes and No Jonu. If it leads to mining shortly after, then perfect. But just take a look what NTL has spent since the 2013 consent for bulk sampling....180-200 ounces a month ain't paying that back. I think 1800 profit per ounce you're only calculating the direct cost, not any of the millions that have been spent to now. Fair enough, but as I say, without leading to actual mining it's not sustainable. And I'll bet you now they don't make 1800 an ounce, if and when we hear how they will process the ore and the cost of that. Still, it could be the shot of hope needed to avoid the capital raise later this year, and would provide some much needed cash flow.

youngatheart
01-06-2021, 12:16 AM
They're running out of money and the new proposals are going to cost even more so it looks like it's lights out as I don't see anyone wants to put any more wasted money in... They've had their chance and blown it.

Flugenbear
01-06-2021, 02:36 AM
They're running out of money and the new proposals are going to cost even more so it looks like it's lights out as I don't see anyone wants to put any more wasted money in... They've had their chance and blown it.
As the old saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted...
The longer I live the more fools I come across, so we might under estimate the ability of NTL to keep this thing going a few more years yet. This must be one cushy gig for the CEO on what has been an over inflated salary the last 8 years. Perhaps the board think his ability to raise money is more important than getting the mine going and he's done a great job. Based on actual performance I was quite impressed for the first year or so, but when I go back and read some of the past announcements again in the last 7 years I realize I am a bit of a fool.... Having said that, there could be a big jump in SP with some positive news so there's still money to be made...perhaps. It's just not for me anymore, I don't see them getting over the hurdles to get the gold out so I'd prefer to gamble elsewhere.

Landyman
01-06-2021, 08:10 AM
Yes and No Jonu. If it leads to mining shortly after, then perfect. But just take a look what NTL has spent since the 2013 consent for bulk sampling....180-200 ounces a month ain't paying that back. I think 1800 profit per ounce you're only calculating the direct cost, not any of the millions that have been spent to now. Fair enough, but as I say, without leading to actual mining it's not sustainable. And I'll bet you now they don't make 1800 an ounce, if and when we hear how they will process the ore and the cost of that. Still, it could be the shot of hope needed to avoid the capital raise later this year, and would provide some much needed cash flow.

I agree, I think NTL are well and truly backed into a corner, and the only way a CR will get any cold hard cash will be if they can create some new gold fever - headline to read "First gold produced in x years" - albeit it may trigger the bulk sampling consent earlier than is desired.

Make or break time - cash is king, and there isnt a lot left.

jonu
01-06-2021, 09:17 AM

Yes, Cashflow positive is certainly a more accurate description.

ziggy415
01-06-2021, 09:28 AM
Isnt it nice to have reasoned and well thought out posts that benefit all posters..guess we have vince to thank for that 👍

Paint it Black
01-06-2021, 04:35 PM
Isnt it nice to have reasoned and well thought out posts that benefit all posters..guess we have vince to thank for that 👍

Fully agree and long may it last for the benefit of the 1900 shareholders who want to see this company succeed. Good to see some movement on the OZ market at the PoG passing US1900.

Ltw
01-06-2021, 06:59 PM

I wholeheartedly agree finally some real discussion coming back to this thread. Top stuff

Lion
01-06-2021, 08:19 PM
Fully agree and long may it last for the benefit of the 1900 shareholders who want to see this company succeed. Good to see some movement on the OZ market at the PoG passing US1900.

Yep, I fully agree with your full agreeance, PiB. Do we know that Vince muzzled the moaners, Ziggy? I can't see anything about it, but gee, it's so much more pleasant here now.
PoG at a 6 month high. With the $US and other currencies weakened by all this created money and crypto-currencies looking a bit shaky too, gold could very well fly from here.

Baa_Baa
01-06-2021, 08:47 PM
I want you to look at this chart, it's a monthly price chart. There's a 10 bagger in here in the past 5 years (https://invst.ly/u-9vu). Not sure I could wait 5 years for a 10 bagger with the risks, but it is there. Un-deniable. I can see why this attracts a certain kind of investing / gambling mindset.

Snow Leopard
01-06-2021, 08:57 PM
I want you to look at this chart, it's a monthly price chart. There's a 10 bagger in here in the past 5 years (https://invst.ly/u-9vu). Not sure I could wait 5 years for a 10 bagger with the risks, but it is there. Un-deniable. I can see why this attracts a certain kind of investing / gambling mindset.

What's with the three Parking signs on the right hand end?

Baa_Baa
01-06-2021, 09:03 PM
What's with the three Parking signs on the right hand end?

Bearish price pattern warnings. Some bogus software trying to influence chart people?

Getty
01-06-2021, 09:40 PM
Yep, I fully agree with your full agreeance, PiB. Do we know that Vince muzzled the moaners, Ziggy? I can't see anything about it, but gee, it's so much more pleasant here now.
PoG at a 6 month high. With the $US and other currencies weakened by all this created money and crypto-currencies looking a bit shaky too, gold could very well fly from here.

Yes, it does look like someone has silenced all the moaners!

Perhaps Jonu has taught them all how to play Bridge.

I'm very pleased real discussion & pleasant posts have found their voice.

nztx
01-06-2021, 10:59 PM
A nice bounce on this ASX mining company today:

metalstech (MTC)

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/resources-top-5-is-this-2021s-most-impressive-gold-intercept

meanwhile still waiting for something tangible & impressive here with NTL

perhaps ASX listed SMI may be nearest we see this side of the ditch with who knows .. maybe another Macraes prospect
in the future .. ;)

Flugenbear
02-06-2021, 12:16 AM
At the moment it looks like expenses are drastically reduced from last year. Let's say in the coming year they will be about 150,000 a month. The bulk sampling will produce about 180 ounces a month, so approximately 450,000 a month. We don't know what the additional cost of the ore processing will be, hopefully that will be announced if and when the processing route is confirmed. Either way, there won't be a lot of cash left over to do anything meaningful, but it might be the life vest NTL need to stay afloat. So ore processing and kicking off the bulk sampling have to happen soon. Then they have two years to get the consent and raise the money to do proper mining. Talisman deeps needs at least 25 million. So these are major hurdles, and the fact the board have decided to look at a hobby mine and another project in Vanuatu just don't instill me with any confidence gold will be mined in any meaningful way at Talisman any time soon, or ever. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Brain
02-06-2021, 08:23 AM
At the moment it looks like expenses are drastically reduced from last year. Let's say in the coming year they will be about 150,000 a month. The bulk sampling will produce about 180 ounces a month, so approximately 450,000 a month. We don't know what the additional cost of the ore processing will be, hopefully that will be announced if and when the processing route is confirmed. Either way, there won't be a lot of cash left over to do anything meaningful, but it might be the life vest NTL need to stay afloat. So ore processing and kicking off the bulk sampling have to happen soon. Then they have two years to get the consent and raise the money to do proper mining. Talisman deeps needs at least 25 million. So these are major hurdles, and the fact the board have decided to look at a hobby mine and another project in Vanuatu just don't instill me with any confidence gold will be mined in any meaningful way at Talisman any time soon, or ever. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Do we have a CEO and board that is capable of turning this around? They need to instil investor confidence and be seen to do what they said they would do. Clearly there is gold in the mine - history and Jorg says so. We require a new board new management and a cornerstone shareholder to make this a success. That in itself is a very big task.

Flugenbear
02-06-2021, 07:09 PM
Do we have a CEO and board that is capable of turning this around? They need to instil investor confidence and be seen to do what they said they would do. Clearly there is gold in the mine - history and Jorg says so. We require a new board new management and a cornerstone shareholder to make this a success. That in itself is a very big task.
Good question Brain, and I think this is another hurdle to overcome. Although I admit I don't know the board well, I have a mate in the industry and his opinion of the CEO wasn't overly positive. I think from a shareholder perspective it's a pretty easy question to answer based on simple performance. They were well positioned in 2014, but have since failed to kick on, have been poor communicators, and frankly have too little to show over that 7 year period. The strategic review was baffling, nice to have one but I thought it would focus how how to get gold out of Talisman. It seems they must feel this isn't going to happen with their switch to other possibilities. But we are told very little as to the rational behind the thinking. This is the problem I have with them, we are left largely in the dark wondering what the hell is going on. And to me, I will draw the worst possible conclusion from this, that they realize they have hit a brick wall with the Talisman mine. Not to say one day the issues won't be overcome, but I can see why anyone who has been involved with this project over the decades has little to no faith.

Redbream
02-06-2021, 08:25 PM
A cursory look through the ratio spent on staff wages and administration, in relation to money spent on actually advancing this project over the last half decade will answer any questions on whether this is a good management team.

tommy_d
02-06-2021, 10:28 PM
The bulk sampling will produce about 180 ounces a month.

how do we know this before the sampling takes place, happy for a link to what i missed along the way!

Flugenbear
03-06-2021, 06:31 AM
how do we know this before the sampling takes place, happy for a link to what i missed along the way!
Hi Tommy,

Here is the entire announcement. It's from 7.5 years ago!

NTL
28/11/2013 15:52
MINE

REL: 1552 HRS New Talisman Gold Mines Limited

MINE: NTL: Talisman Mine Access Arrangement and Resource Consents

November 28th 2013

ANNOUNCEMENT BY NEW TALISMAN GOLD MINES LIMITED (NTL and NTLOA or NTLO)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TALISMAN MINE ACCESS ARRANGEMENT AND RESOURCE CONSENTS

o NTL concludes agreement for access arrangement at Talisman Mine with
Department of Conservation and Ministry of Business, Innovation and
Employment

o Hauraki District Council grants NTL resource consents for bulk sampling and
underground development work plan at Talisman Mine

o New Talisman Gold Mines Limited positioned to commence development of
Talisman

New Talisman Gold Mines Limited is pleased to announce that it has signed an
agreement with the Department of Conservation and Ministry for Business,
Innovation and Employment covering the access arrangement for its Talisman
Mine project. The terms and conditions of the access arrangement will enable
the company to complete the bulk sampling and development work programme NTL
proposes as a lead-in to full mining operations.

The company is equally pleased to confirm that Hauraki District Council has
granted NTL the resource consents necessary to undertake the same bulk
sampling and underground development work programme. The underground work
programme includes operations such as drilling and blasting and the consents
specify the terms and conditions on which these and other operations may be
undertaken.

Commenting on these developments NTL Chairman Murray McKee stressed just how
important the access arrangement and resource consents were to the company's
future. "Two years ago the new board set out for shareholders a bold plan
to transform the company from explorer to producer. At that time we
identified two critical milestones - completion of a Pre-Feasibility Study
and conclusion of an access arrangement and resource consents - on the
journey through development to production. Passing those milestones today
represents a huge achievement and I congratulate all those involved. NTL is
now well positioned for the challenge of earning full value from the gold and
silver resources contained on the Talisman mining permit while running a safe
and environmentally sound operation. I am confident the board and
management team are up to that challenge" said Mr McKee.

Completion of the access arrangement and grant of the resource consents
brings to a successful conclusion over 8 months of detailed, complex work for
NTL and officials from the principal agencies involved. These include the
Department of Conservation, the Ministry of Business, Innovation and
Employment, Hauraki District Council, Environment Waikato, the New Zealand
Transport Agency and Historic Places Trust. "The company appreciates the
professional and courteous way in which officials from all the agencies
processed the various applications and agreements" McKee said.

The company consulted a broad range of stakeholders during the process and is
acutely aware of the high regard New Zealand communities have for their
natural environment. The company shares that regard and has sought to address
concerns raised in consultation. The company further emphasises that its
proposed operations at Talisman are very small and effectively confined to
the footprint of the historic Talisman mine workings. The company is
confident that its own operational procedures together with the terms and
conditions of the access arrangement and resource consents will ensure that
conservation, recreation, historic and other amenity values will be protected
and maintained. NTL also notes that development of the Talisman mine will
offer new employment opportunities in a sector that has seen considerable
contraction in employment numbers in recent years.

Executive Director Matthew Hill said "Progress on the Talisman Project has
been very pleasing and further underlines the company's commitment to
delivering value to our shareholders. We are now in a position to establish
New Talisman as a recognised developer and producer of precious metals in New
Zealand and deliver the first ore from the mine since Southern Gold Ltd
ceased operations in the early 1990's."

Underground development work and bulk sampling operations during the next
twelve months will focus on the Mystery vein and the Dubbo Zone of the Maria
vein. It is intended to remove the bulk samples through a series of small
reef drives which will generate valuable information on the metal content and
metallurgical behaviour of the ore.

Initially the company will concentrate on refurbishing the primary access
tunnel and establishing the power, water, electrical and ventilation systems
required for safe and efficient operations underground. This is expected to
take approximately six months to complete, following which sample removal
will commence. Material recovery is expected to build up to a steady state
level of between 600 and 700 tonnes per month over the ensuing six months.

Highlights of the Talisman project include:-

o The Pre-Feasibility Study completed in March 2013 found that a first-stage
development of an underground mine could deliver 32,200 ounces of golf during
its five-year life. It also concluded that the mine would have an estimated
production cost (C2) of US$750 per ounce.
o Ore Reserves at the Talisman gold project, based on an average in-situ
cut-off grade of 1.7g/t, are 82,500 tonnes at 10.8 grams per tonne gold and
48.1 grams per tonne silver.
o Estimates of the ore reserves in the Mystery and Dubbo Zone, targeted for
initial development indicate that they will contain an average of 12.0g/t of
gold. Individual samples collected from the Dubbo BM37 Bonanza Zone have
previously assayed gold grades in excess of 1% (10,000g/t).
o The project is expected to generate between 180oz and 200oz of gold per
month at steady state.

Matthew Hill
Executive Director
027 555 7737

Flugenbear
03-06-2021, 06:43 AM
I think this announcement shows how the board of NTL have completely failed from this point. That was 7.5 YEARS ago!

NTL is now well positioned for the challenge of earning full value from the gold and
silver resources contained on the Talisman mining permit while running a safe
and environmentally sound operation. I am confident the board and
management team are up to that challenge" said Mr McKee.

Well Mr. Mckee, you are partly correct with the statement above.
SAFE - Yes, because bugger all has been going on.
ENVIRONMENTALY FRIENDLY - Yes, same reason as above. The frogs and Greenies are very happy. Not to say if you had started mining it wouldn't be environmentally friendly, I suspect the resource consent would make it such. But hey, you've absolutely ensured it be so.

As far as earning full value from the gold and silver resources.....:(

Brain
03-06-2021, 07:38 AM
Thanks for posting that Mr Bear. I like the sentence

“The Pre-Feasibility Study completed in March 2013 found that a first-stage
development of an underground mine could deliver 32,200 ounces of golf during its five-year life”

Clearly Mr Hill was thinking about how much time he could spend on the golf course in the following years.

Landyman
03-06-2021, 08:15 AM
This was from the March quarterly:
"In the NZ mining industry, small scale operations (including those that have
restricted extraction approvals) have the same stringent health and safety
requirements as major operators and therefore are difficult to make economic
at low volumes. This highlighted the need for economies of scale while
Talisman is at the bulk sampling phase to warrant a full-scale solution
capable of processing ore at both bulk sampling and future peak mine volumes
(when approved). The acquisition of Broken Hill Historic Mine Limited (BHG)
would lessen development risk by having multiple sources of ore."

Took them 7 years to come to that conclusion, well, maybe not. Took them 7 years to admit it.

haewai
03-06-2021, 08:48 AM
Regarding processing, it seems feasibility and testing of plant will be followed by a new build.
This is my main concern - despite the identification of processing options, they're still a plant build away from a revenue stream.
And the plant build requires investment, commercial agreements and resource consent. Not easy hurdles, and only approached if the testwork is successful which itself is not guaranteed:

In addition, during the quarter discussions progressed with a major New Zealand industry group that currently
have immediate capacity to process an initial batch of up to 100t of ore and a proposal has
been put forward which provides the potential for developing jointly or separately a permanent or
mobile treatment facility, following initial feasibility which is expected to commence in the near term for testwork.

ThaiJohn
03-06-2021, 01:50 PM
The CEO needs to stand down or at the very least halve his salary.
If neither happens the board should sack him and find someone competent to take over and kick start the bloody thing into action.
Enoughs enough.

Brain
03-06-2021, 06:14 PM
The CEO needs to stand down or at the very least halve his salary.
If neither happens the board should sack him and find someone competent to take over and kick start the bloody thing into action.
Enoughs enough.

The problem is that he is on the board and I am sure the other board members are his mates. The big problem with having a CEO on the board. Quite frankly I see no solution to this. The CEO and board are quite likely laughing at the comments on this thread because they know the shareholders are totally powerless.

Weta
05-06-2021, 05:33 PM
The CEO and board are quite likely laughing at the comments on this thread because they know the shareholders are totally powerless.

I'm a share holder (hold very few now) & I'm not powerless. In the near future the postie will deliver a letter from them saying they are looking for money for this & that. My power is to rip it to shreds.

What has the board & management accomplished over the last 6 months or year that they couldn't have done many years ago? They're buying a mine that can't be mined because of health & safety issues & they're also buying interest in a time share holiday location in Vanuatu.

Finding a way to treat ore was started by spending our money on a toy mill that we were told worked wonders. When & where did that method fail? Processing was to be & should have been priority #1 after the last CR. I've read nothing since to make me believe the next CR will be any different, not with this lot at the helm. I'd rather lose what I now have in then give them more to support the income stream for the CEO.

Brain
05-06-2021, 06:40 PM
I'm a share holder (hold very few now) & I'm not powerless. In the near future the postie will deliver a letter from them saying they are looking for money for this & that. My power is to rip it to shreds.

What has the board & management accomplished over the last 6 months or year that they couldn't have done many years ago? They're buying a mine that can't be mined because of health & safety issues & they're also buying interest in a time share holiday location in Vanuatu.

Finding a way to treat ore was started by spending our money on a toy mill that we were told worked wonders. When & where did that method fail? Processing was to be & should have been priority #1 after the last CR. I've read nothing since to make me believe the next CR will be any different, not with this lot at the helm. I'd rather lose what I now have in then give them more to support the income stream for the CEO.

Yes we have the power to ultimately have the company fail and that is the most likely outcome. I would much prefer the shareholders to take control and use the remaining money to get to a point where we know for sure if NTL can be a profitable company or if in fact this is a very difficult task and the best option is to close down and not take any more money from the long suffering shareholders. Right now management and board will be continued to be paid until the money runs out and there is nothing we can do about it.

ThaiJohn
05-06-2021, 06:52 PM
Matthew Hill, how do you sleep at night??

tim23
06-06-2021, 01:27 PM
Yes we have the power to ultimately have the company fail and that is the most likely outcome. I would much prefer the shareholders to take control and use the remaining money to get to a point where we know for sure if NTL can be a profitable company or if in fact this is a very difficult task and the best option is to close down and not take any more money from the long suffering shareholders. Right now management and board will be continued to be paid until the money runs out and there is nothing we can do about it.

Attending the AGM might be a good start for you, closing down is something for the board to consider but theres gold in them hills!

Brain
06-06-2021, 03:29 PM
Attending the AGM might be a good start for you, closing down is something for the board to consider but theres gold in them hills!

I have attended all AGMs since about 2014. I know there is gold in karangahake - it is why I originally invested. After 6 years of watching this company closely and being disappointed by the lack of progress I take a view that the board and management are not up to the task. As to this current board and CEO making the decision to close the company, they will do that when they run out of money.

The only thing the company has achieved is the rehabilitation of the mine. Unfortunately that is of no use if mine access (truck movements per day) limitations of blasting ( one blast event per day) and no current solution to processing the gold. No progress made on a mining permit after the 2 year bulk sampling period runs out. They paid a confidential undisclosed sum for Rahu and that went nowhere.

what I need to know and probably a number of other shareholders need to know is can we reasonably expect this mine to operate? For me that needs to come from a source independent of the current management and board. For me credibility is the big issue.

Great pity really I would have liked to be a shareholder in a profitable gold mining operation.

Flugenbear
07-06-2021, 06:01 PM
A lot of volume on the ASX today. No buyers left at 0.3 anymore.

jonu
08-06-2021, 09:42 AM
A lot of volume on the ASX today. No buyers left at 0.3 anymore.

I noticed that. I suspect GBE's 300% rise may have had something to do with it. Traders dumping to jump in over there. GBE announced a Licence to Mine in Africa. Just shows what can happen to low cap stocks when the stars begin to align.

bucko
08-06-2021, 02:04 PM
The process for removing a director in New Zealand is relatively simple, and set out clearly in the Companies Act 1993 (http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1993/0105/latest/DLM320699.html). The default process is to:

call a shareholder meeting for the specific purpose of removing the director in question. There can be other purposes but they must appear in the notice of the meeting;
at the meeting, shareholders can remove the director through an ordinary resolution; and
if a majority of shareholders votes in favour of the resolution, it passes and the director‘s removal from their office becomes effective.

https://legalvision.co.nz/business-structures/how-to-remove-a-director-from-a-company-in-new-zealand/

Brain
08-06-2021, 06:45 PM
The process for removing a director in New Zealand is relatively simple, and set out clearly in the Companies Act 1993 (http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1993/0105/latest/DLM320699.html). The default process is to:

call a shareholder meeting for the specific purpose of removing the director in question. There can be other purposes but they must appear in the notice of the meeting;
at the meeting, shareholders can remove the director through an ordinary resolution; and
if a majority of shareholders votes in favour of the resolution, it passes and the director‘s removal from their office becomes effective.

https://legalvision.co.nz/business-structures/how-to-remove-a-director-from-a-company-in-new-zealand/

Easier said than done. Minimum of 3 directors required so if shareholders remove one then there needs to be a replacement. I guess we need to replace a minimum of two directors and the people that put their hand up for the position need to have the necessary skills and experience. The next capital raise will only be successful if there is confidence in the board and management.

nztx
10-06-2021, 10:13 PM
Anyone remember this company that the HGL/NTL camp held an equity interest in & was
if memory serves correct possibly an in-specie float out some years ago ?

BROKEN HILL PROSPECTING

A reference to ASX listed AMERICAN RARE EARTHS (ARR) via Sharesies brought up link to this BHP website on url under

http://www.bhpl.biz/

A scroll across the site it landed on to BH Prospecting Directors is interesting:

https://www.bhpl.biz/board

Our full time well remunerated NTL CEO seems to be recorded as a Director of the BH-Prospecting in OZ ;)

2018 & 2019 Year:

Link to 2019 BH-Prospecting (OZ) Annual Report

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5769dc0be6f2e17408ee9574/t/5d92aca103ed6c1c7043314f/1569893619526/02153450.pdf

Page 33:

2019: A$22.5K - not bad hay for Non Exec Director with Audit Chair upgrade

2018 was more rewarding however - A$22.5K plus $25.8 K Share Based plus $50 K Consulting
& Management Fees

Was a full NTL CEO's Package still being paid while all this was going on ? ;)

Wonder what choice tidbits the BH-Prospecting 2020 & 2021 Year's Annual Reports will reveal ? ;)

nztx
10-06-2021, 11:08 PM
AMERICAN RARE EARTHS (AU)

2020 FY Annual Report to 30 June 2020:

https://americanrareearths.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2020-ARR-Annual-Report-Fullysigned.pdf

Page 39

2020: A$ 22.5 K including Audit Chair Upgrade plus A$ 93.528 K Consulting & Management Fees

How Good is that ?

but wait there's more..

(retired 24 September 2020)

So will the 2021 ARR Annual Report (when it's published) disclose a further large bundle, perhaps retiring allowance or golden handshake etc ?

Was a full NTL CEO's Package still being paid while all this was going on ? ;)

nztx
10-06-2021, 11:27 PM
AMERICAN RARE EARTHS (AU)

2021 HY Annual Report to 31 December 2020:

https://americanrareearths.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2187839.pdf

Page 18

The ARR HY disclosure is aggregate Fees paid by the outfit - so possibly a dallop out of the A$99.445 K
(look at the increase in aggregate fees over HY the preceding period - $43.75 K)

Consulting Fees:

Asia Pacific Capital Group – an entity related to M Hill (Resigned 24 September 2020) -

HY 31 December 2020 - A$ 50K

HY 31 December 2019 - A$ 25K

Flugenbear
10-06-2021, 11:56 PM
Well this is all rather alarming.
I guess the NTL CEO has plenty of time on his hands as the last few years not much happening at NTL. But it just highlights how well overpaid he is for what he does.
But I'm sure he was doing this extra work in the weekend right?

Landyman
11-06-2021, 08:22 AM
Certainly pays to have friends in high places. FMA still hard at work? I dont expect anything to come from it, maybe a hand slap.

Bluemanarc
16-06-2021, 09:54 AM
Certainly pays to have friends in high places. FMA still hard at work? I dont expect anything to come from it, maybe a hand slap.

Interesting reading - skim read.

These companies seem to all have a common theme.

A lot of consultants, being paid lots of money.
A lot of drill holes and reports and geological summaries of prospective resources.
A lot of share and financial restructures.
A lot of preparing plans and getting ready to open operations at some point in the future.

Has Mathew Hill actually been involved in a mine that actually mined something.
I mean, something out of the ground.

I dont know enough sorry, so just asking the question.

ThaiJohn
16-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Maybe this month...

Felonius
16-06-2021, 09:25 PM
New Talisman appears to require further cash in the next year or so to remain in business.
The CEO and his henchmen have been in this position many times before.

It will be fascinating to see what rabbit they pull out of the hat this time.

Flugenbear
16-06-2021, 10:35 PM
By Christmas I reckon.
Perhaps they're already drawing up their Christmas wish list. Will indeed be fascinating to see what Santa will bring them.

porkandpuha
17-06-2021, 10:30 AM
By Christmas I reckon.
Perhaps they're already drawing up their Christmas wish list. Will indeed be fascinating to see what Santa will bring them.

Santa? Is that what we call shareholders who participate in an NTL CR these days? :p

nztx
17-06-2021, 05:31 PM
Santa? Is that what we call shareholders who participate in an NTL CR these days? :p

The honey may be sweeter & generate untold better benefits elsewhere ;)

At least folk may feel a bit more enthused about filling up the tank for Santa's sleigh there .. ;)

whatsup
21-06-2021, 04:47 PM
Two big trades of circa 2 million just gone through @ .004 , is the worm turning ?

Baa_Baa
21-06-2021, 04:58 PM
Two big trades of circa 2 million just gone through @ .04 , is the worm turning ?

Hey whatsup, got me excited there for a minute, but that's $0.004 for a whopping 145 trades totalling $7,760 (https://stocknessmonster.com/trades/ntl.nzx/)

:sleep:

whatsup
21-06-2021, 05:01 PM
Hey whatsup, got me excited there for a minute, but that's $0.004 for a whopping 145 trades totalling $7,760 (https://stocknessmonster.com/trades/ntl.nzx/)

:sleep:

Sorry I ment .004 !!

nztx
22-06-2021, 04:33 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300338724/make-it-easier-to-fire-those-earning-250kplus-report

Make it easier to fire those earning $250k-plus: Report

But at $250,000 that would capture only senior management roles.

He said that was the starting salary for Government Ministers, who could be dismissed without cause.

“This threshold would capture less than the top 1 per cent of income earners, while capturing the CEOs and senior managers whose roles have the most significant impact on productivity,” Partridge said.

“Regulations would permit the threshold to be adjusted annually to track increases in New Zealand’s median income.”

;)

whatsup
30-06-2021, 02:21 PM
Annual report out today, approx $1.1 left, where to from here , a 100/1 con and then a C R @ ?

haewai
30-06-2021, 02:28 PM
Gravy

"Payments for consulting services to companies in which directors and major shareholders have a substantial interest amounted toNZ$338,499 (2020:NZ$328,629)."

Curious on why the Board thinks the NZ institute for minerals to materials research is "a major group". Interesting that the company has to send a tonne of ore to Greymouth for testwork.

Otherwise, ho hum, which is to be expected as it only covers activities to March end

jonu
30-06-2021, 02:46 PM
Gravy

"Payments for consulting services to companies in which directors and major shareholders have a substantial interest amounted toNZ$338,499 (2020:NZ$328,629)."

Curious on why the Board thinks the NZ institute for minerals to materials research is "a major group". Interesting that the company has to send a tonne of ore to Greymouth for testwork.

Otherwise, ho hum, which is to be expected as it only covers activities to March end

The 338k needs to be examined. If most of it is going to Terra Firma it is probably understandable. If it is to Matt Hill and Murray Stevens we need to know.

haewai
30-06-2021, 03:07 PM
It seems separate from the way the accounts record Hill's reimbursement, with only a small amount as consulting fees and the rest as development expenses, as was the case in all prior years. Worst case would be director interest in Terra Firma and lack cost competitiveness as a result.

nztx
30-06-2021, 05:39 PM
Can anyone identify what the $246,049 of Sundry, but unidentified Income relates to ?

Can't see anything in Cashflow Statement

As a mere 99.32% of ALL OPERATING INCOME for the 2021 year it would appear to warrant better disclosure - would it not ? ;)

nztx
30-06-2021, 05:45 PM
Lots of Lines on NTL's Large Wish List still star .. that Million bucks is going to go far to achieving
all the projects far towrds their completion isn't it ? ;)

Wonder how long the 7.4% of stakeholders on Sharesies are going to hang around if the hand is
extended outwards for a large chunk of CAP RAISE based on NTL's historic past bad habits
of severely watering down minorities by chasing only larger chunks in $15K coin lots .. ;)

Any sign of any Ore Stock Piles pulled out waiting (probably into eternity) in the statements ?
.. or was the exercise not possible or too difficult .. ? ;)

jonu
30-06-2021, 05:48 PM
Can anyone identify what the $246,049 of Sundry, but unidentified Income relates to ?

Can't see anything in Cashflow Statement

As a mere 99.32% of ALL OPERATING INCOME for the 2021 year it would appear to warrant better disclosure - would it not ? ;)

Scratching my head on that one too. There is an increase of 244,745 in Stock on hand. Stockpiled ore perhaps? I don't see how that qualifies as Operating Cashflow

nztx
30-06-2021, 06:05 PM
Scratching my head on that one too. There is an increase of 244,745 in Stock on hand. Stockpiled ore perhaps? I don't see how that qualifies as Operating Cashflow

If that's the case, increase in Ore on Hand isn't Revenue at all .. how did this one get past the Auditors ? ;)

nztx
30-06-2021, 06:09 PM
Why have Sundry Receivables gone up, if there's no mainstream mining Revenue happening ?

Surely if there was sale of Mining based outputs, then that must be a mainstream activity revenue & not a sundry income ? ;)

nztx
30-06-2021, 06:13 PM

Where do you see an increase in Stock on Hand ?

I can't see any Stock on hand - just Cash, Receivables & Prepayments on page 15
Current Assets - on the Balance Sheet - in 2021 Accounts released today - here:

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/374852/349367.pdf

jonu
30-06-2021, 06:36 PM
Where do you see an increase in Stock on Hand ?

I can't see any Stock on hand - just Cash, Receivables & Prepayments on page 15
Current Assets - on the Balance Sheet - in 2021 Accounts released today - here:

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/374852/349367.pdf

Page 23 (increase) Stock on hand

nztx
30-06-2021, 06:46 PM
Page 23 (increase) Stock on hand

Interesting -- but no reference to Stock on hand in Balance Sheet & no reference in P&L

Wonder if someone has C*cked up badly in the beancounting & reporting section which then hasn't
been picked up by Scotty - the Audit bumpkin over in OZ .. ?;)

nztx
30-06-2021, 06:49 PM
At worst NTL may have to look at withdrawing Annual Accounts Version II
and releasing a corrected Annual Accounts Version III to iron out more stuff ups .. ;)

ThaiJohn
30-06-2021, 09:04 PM
The whole thing smells.
Where's the gold Matt??

Brain
01-07-2021, 04:48 AM
“Remuneration of Employees
During the reporting period, one employee received remuneration and benefits of $50,083. The remuneration included Kiwisaver contributions of $495. The employee resigned in May 2020.”

It appears that staff salaries have been reduced. Wayne Chowles the mining engineer must have resigned.

n908671
01-07-2021, 11:17 AM
It appears that staff salaries have been reduced. Wayne Chowles the mining engineer must have resigned.

His LinkedIn profile shows he left NTL in May 2020.

Brain
01-07-2021, 04:26 PM
His LinkedIn profile shows he left NTL in May 2020.

Thanks. I spoke with him a couple of times over the last few years and he seemed to me a very capable , straight up sort of bloke. In my view his departure gives me even more concern about the future of NTL.

Paint it Black
01-07-2021, 05:49 PM
Thanks. I spoke with him a couple of times over the last few years and he seemed to me a very capable , straight up sort of bloke. In my view his departure gives me even more concern about the future of NTL.

Possibly he left at the beginning of the Covid lockdowns and is now a consultant. Would help explain the consultancy costs. Agree in my conversations with him at AGM's he seemed capable as well as enthusiastic.

Sideshow Bob
06-07-2021, 10:11 AM
NTL Acquires Vanuatu Assets - NZX, New Zealand’s Exchange (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/375147)

NTL Acquires Vanuatu Assets

6/7/2021, 9:55 amGENERALNEW TALISMAN GOLD MINES LIMITED COMPLETES PREVIOSULY ANNOUNCED PURCHASE OF HIGHLY PROSPECTIVE EPITHERMAL GOLD AND PORPHYRY COPPER-GOLD PROJECTS IN VANUATU.

New Talisman Gold Mines Limited, (NTL) is pleased to announce that it has completed an agreement to acquire the Vanuatu assets of Canterbury Resources Limited (ASX:CBY).

The purchase price of the assets is a mixture of cash and shares.

NTL has made a cash payment of $100,000, and with a further requirement to issue within six months either:

- 20m shares in New Talisman Gold Ltd; or
- by the issue of the equivalent of $100,000 worth of ordinary shares in Coromandel Gold Limited (CGL), a (currently) wholly owned subsidiary of NTL, at the same issue price per share as the most recent investment round made in CGL prior to, or in conjunction with, any direct listing of CGL on the NZX Main Board.
and subsequently within six months by the issue:
- to the equivalent of $100,000 ordinary shares in CGL at the same issue price per share as the most recent investment round made in conjunction with the direct listing; or
- if CGL has not completed its direct listing, either:

o CGL has a further 3 months to issue the $100,000 worth of shares in CGL; or
o At CBY’s option, by the issue of $100,000 NTL shares at a 15% discount to the then volume weighted average price of NTL shares traded through the NZX Main Board.

Assets and Prospectivity

The assets include the granted prospecting licence PL 1851 known as Tafuse, comprising 9,269 hectares and a prospecting licence application covering the Navaka or Ora prospect, both on the island of Espiritu Santo where a number of near drill ready epithermal targets have been defined.

This acquisition represents an opportunity to acquire a strategic holding in a highly prospective part of the Pacific Ring of Fire that extends from Japan through the Philippines, PNG, Solomons, Vanuatu, Fiji to New Zealand.

The islands of Vanuatu comprise a 700km long chain of approximately 80 volcanic islands located above the convergence zone of the Pacific and Australian Plates. This zone which extends from New Zealand to Japan hosts some of the world’s largest copper and gold deposits, as epithermal or porphyry styles of mineralisation. Active mines in the region include OK Tedi (17Moz), Porgera (7 Moz), Lihir (30Moz) and Vatukoula (11Moz), Waihi, (10 Moz), plus several world class deposits slated for development such as Wafi Golpu, PNG, (28Moz), and Namosi, Fiji, (5.5Moz). The nearest significant deposits to Vanuatu are the Emperor, (Vatukoula) gold mine to the east in Fiji and Gold Ridge gold deposit to the north in the Solomon Islands.

By world standards Vanuatu is extremely underexplored. Modern exploration for gold started in the mid 1980’s with sporadic bursts mainly in the 1990’s and briefly in the early 2000’s.

The Tafuse project consists of several prospects each at differing stages of exploration. The most advanced is the Tafuse North which covers a 3km by 4km area of epithermal style mineralisation consisting of quartz veins, quartz vein stockworks, and hydrothermal breccias. Within this is a well-defined 800m by 250m alteration envelope.

It has lain dormant since 1986. Canterbury Resources is the first company to explore since 1986 where it has confirmed on the ground the historic exploration results in 2019. (Please see https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02299344-2A1259003?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4).

This work included taking petrological samples that showed typical low sulphidation epithermal mineralisation including visible gold and electrum as inclusions in quartz veining.

The Tafuse prospect has well defined drill targets and landowner agreements in place.

There are several other prospects within the permit of similar dimensions and indications of gold mineralisation that with well-directed exploration programmes can be brought to drill status rapidly.

The Ora prospecting license application to the west of Tafuse was recognised by Placer Pacific in 1993 as having potential for structurally controlled intrusive related high grade copper gold mineralisation in porphyry intrusives and related skarns.
Hauraki Goldfield Similarities

New Talisman have recognized the similarities of the gold and copper mineralisation known in Vanuatu with the Hauraki Goldfield in New Zealand, where gold production to date exceeds 14 million ounces of gold. By comparison there has been no recorded gold production from Vanuatu where there is a similar geological setting but only limited exploration. This compares to the Haruaki Goldfield where there has been over 160 years of production and exploration.

__________________________________________________ _____________
About New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd
New Talisman Gold is a dual listed (NZSX & ASX: NTL) with over 2900 shareholders who are mainly from Australia and New Zealand and has been listed since 1986. It is a leading New Zealand minerals development and exploration company with a mining permit encompassing the Talisman mine, one of New Zealand’s historically most productive gold mines. The company has commenced prospecting and upgrading activities at the mine and advance the exploration project to increase its considerable global exploration target into JORC 2012 resources.

Its gold properties near Paeroa in the Hauraki District of New Zealand are a granted mining permit, including one of New Zealand’s highest-grade underground gold mines.

Brain
06-07-2021, 11:01 AM
Lots of technical stuff in there and spin but in reality I think they are kicking the can down the road.

Getty
06-07-2021, 11:33 AM
If this highly prospective ring of fire is about to put a fire in NTL's ring, then it begs a few questions.

Why are Canterbury letting it slip through their fingers?

Why do so many Vanuatu's come to NZ to pick apples, when all they need to do is stroll into their valleys with their buckets and spades?

Will the accounts be ring fenced?

peat
06-07-2021, 11:45 AM
If this highly prospective ring of fire is about to put a fire in NTL's ring, then it begs a few questions.

Why do so many Vanuatu's come to NZ to pick apples, when all they need to do is stroll into their valleys with their buckets and spades?

and the really big question why isnt there any gold from the Coromandel mine yet

jonu
06-07-2021, 11:54 AM

As far as I can make out, the Vanuatu purchase is to seed the Coromandel Gold spinoff, which should be an earner for NTL holders. Once it is parceled off I guess it makes it "ringfenced".

This is the sort of thing Matt Hill loves doing. I would much prefer his energies were utilised in speeding up the securing of the processing site and getting the commercial agreement in place to process ore. He and the Board have been far too long in identifying a processing route. It appears they now have. The Annual Report suggests this is imminent which should put a legitimate rocket under the share price.

Matt Hill and the Board need to deliver, and promptly.

ThaiJohn
06-07-2021, 12:20 PM
...and the NTL clown car continues its slow chug-chug along. Whack 'er into 2nd, Matt.

Landyman
06-07-2021, 12:42 PM
I go back to business fundamentals:
Why is Canterbury selling?
Why did NTL manage to win the bid for Vanuatu when it is a junior "explorer" - best fit? best price?
Why with the NTL share price so low, has no "gold producer" snapped up NTL as a bargain purchase?
All feels like a gamble to me.

Why has FMA not made a finding yet?

Discl: not holding at the moment, but hoping someone gets their 10 bagger.

Baa_Baa
06-07-2021, 05:28 PM
Given the rhetoric here that often goes beyond company performance and directly attacks the incumbents, I thought this was an interesting headline in NBR today.

"Sharemarket tweeter can’t hide secret source, court rules"

Twitter user Stock Swami is being sued for defamation by mineral investor Tolga Kumova.

ThaiJohn
06-07-2021, 05:53 PM
Given the rhetoric here that often goes beyond company performance and directly attacks the incumbents, I thought this was an interesting headline in NBR today.

"Sharemarket tweeter can’t hide secret source, court rules"
Twitter user Stock Swami is being sued for defamation by mineral investor Tolga Kumova.

Hill has threatened me with defamation before. As if I give a flying. I'm still awaiting the paperwork.

nztx
06-07-2021, 07:21 PM
The forward plan may see NTL & it's Spinout both coming knocking on the door for a handout
to pay Salaries etc .. ;)

Will two lots of Exec Salaries & Support services be being paid out when the spinout scheme
orchestrates itself upon the captive stakeholders ? ;)

Any guesses on who the likely benefactors of any 'hatch another listed enterprise job' are likely to be ? ;)

Any guesses on whether the job will then self replicate itself further into more similar hatchlings after that,
each with similar hand outstretched for support tendencies ? ;)

What was the carrot being dangled again for all this multiplication ? ;)

Are any 'projects' flying or shovel ready yet ?

What are their lead times to producing the gold ? ;)

In Covid times most can imagine that everything must be in place for Vanuatu to start digging itself with no
outside help .. ;)

or is there a vast trove of small print, conditions another 10 years cashflow projections
and forward Cap Raise precis plans etc buried under a rock somewhere ? ;)

I wonder why Talisman hasn't been 'farmed out' as happens in OZ & elsewhere ? ;)

Perhaps not much interest or NTL may have to pay to get participants onboard ? ;)

Getty
06-07-2021, 08:24 PM
Methinks that when those outstretched hands arrive begging, they will be told to "go forth and multiply!"

jonu
06-07-2021, 08:32 PM
The forward plan may see NTL & it's Spinout both coming knocking on the door for a handout
to pay Salaries etc .. ;)

Will two lots of Exec Salaries & Support services be being paid out when the spinout scheme
orchestrates itself upon the captive stakeholders ? ;)

Any guesses on who the likely benefactors of any 'hatch another listed enterprise job' are likely to be ? ;)

Any guesses on whether the job will then self replicate itself further into more similar hatchlings after that,
each with similar hand outstretched for support tendencies ? ;)

What was the carrot being dangled again for all this multiplication ? ;)

Are any 'projects' flying or shovel ready yet ?

What are their lead times to producing the gold ? ;)

In Covid times most can imagine that everything must be in place for Vanuatu to start digging itself with no
outside help .. ;)

or is there a vast trove of small print, conditions another 10 years cashflow projections
and forward Cap Raise precis plans etc buried under a rock somewhere ? ;)

I wonder why Talisman hasn't been 'farmed out' as happens in OZ & elsewhere ? ;)

Perhaps not much interest or NTL may have to pay to get participants onboard ? ;)

The only thing that exceeds the whataboutery in this post is the ever present ****, sorry wink emoji.

We get it Nztx. You don't understand spinoffs and you don't trust Matt Hill. NTL is on the verge of processing ore if the Annual Report is to be believed. If you don't believe it bugger off. If you do....fill your boots, you'll have a 3-4 bagger in no time.

As I said earlier. Matt Hill and the Board need to deliver....and promptly.

Flugenbear
07-07-2021, 05:59 AM
The best part of that announcement was the geography lesson. 80 islands in Vanuatu....who'd have known.

haewai
07-07-2021, 08:50 AM
... NTL is on the verge of processing ore if the Annual Report is to be believed.

I don't read the annual report that way. They're sent a tonne to Greymouth for plant design testing. And found a site to build a plant. There's a fair bit of work and cost to come between now and actual processing. Including resource consent if needed for the plant.

Wondering what happened to the other processing routes identified over the last year - there was something mentioned at Broken Hill I remember, but use is probably contingent on due diligence and purchase. No news on that yet, and must be nearly six months since announcement. And there was another processing tech route that I've forgotten but was held to be able to process 5-10 tonne batches, up to 100 tonne. No mention of that in the annual report. Another example of promise and under-deliver. Which explain my skepticism in the Greymouth possibility

Brain
07-07-2021, 08:54 AM
The only thing that exceeds the whataboutery in this post is the ever present ****, sorry wink emoji.

We get it Nztx. You don't understand spinoffs and you don't trust Matt Hill. NTL is on the verge of processing ore if the Annual Report is to be believed. If you don't believe it bugger off. If you do....fill your boots, you'll have a 3-4 bagger in no time.

I totally agree with your last line Jonu. And that is the problem. Apart from the mine rehabilitation these guys from memory have never done what they have said that they will do.

Nader does not own any shares and Stevens the geologist has 60,000. The departed mining engineer didn’t own any shares either. As much as I would like this mine to be successful and the long suffering shareholders to make good money for the life of me I just cannot see it happening.

Landyman
07-07-2021, 09:27 AM

Maybe that should be a -34 bagger!! Still the opportunity to lose money on NTL.
As per Brains comment, NTL have promised lots, but delivered little - now to spend a few hundred thousand on Vanuatu - risky stuff.
No mention of Rabone in the new report either?

pole.pole
07-07-2021, 11:21 AM
My biggest concern is how are they going to value the spin off when they go to raise capital. NTL have done all the ground work to date and provided the capital so far. I want the value to current shareholders to be fair but I have no idea how they will work that out.

nztx
07-07-2021, 05:02 PM
The best part of that announcement was the geography lesson. 80 islands in Vanuatu....who'd have known.

It would be a lot easier to get lost among all those islands .. something a few manage here without much effort .. ;)

nztx
07-07-2021, 05:10 PM
Maybe that should be a -34 bagger!! Still the opportunity to lose money on NTL.
As per Brains comment, NTL have promised lots, but delivered little - now to spend a few hundred thousand on Vanuatu - risky stuff.
No mention of Rabone in the new report either?

Perhaps we've misinterpretted the posting & a good deal more emphasis should be on the 'no time' part

Pretty easy to get good multi baggers on the Aussie mining scene .. but as for here ? ;)

I'd put more money on ASX Santana in time finding another McRaes on their hands down south ..
and thats with very good experienced mining talent onboard

ziggy415
07-07-2021, 05:39 PM
My biggest concern is how are they going to value the spin off when they go to raise capital. NTL have done all the ground work to date and provided the capital so far. I want the value to current shareholders to be fair but I have no idea how they will work that out.

Coromandel gold has zero value at present so talisman must be at least three times more valuable :t_up:

jonu
12-07-2021, 03:49 PM
Someone just stumped up for 40 million shares at 0.4 on the NZX. Crack on up NTL!

whatsup
12-07-2021, 09:29 PM
Someone just stumped up for 40 million shares at 0.4 on the NZX. Crack on up NTL!

Yeh, for weeks/months quote was .003/4 now .004/5 why ?

haewai
12-07-2021, 09:43 PM

Didn't you say something similar about a big buyer at 0.8 some time back?

Dlownz
12-07-2021, 11:30 PM
Councillor challenges Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment shutdown of gold venture
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12457138

If this guy got this far in 2 years what does that tell you about ntl. Now he's shut it town because he can get the permit completed.

Getty
13-07-2021, 09:39 AM
When he won the 2014 election in Australia, incoming PM Tony Abbot repeatedly said 'Australia is now open for business'.

NZ might as well put out a statement, 'we are closed for business'.

He PuaPua wont help.

Bluemanarc
13-07-2021, 05:00 PM
When he won the 2014 election in Australia, incoming PM Tony Abbot repeatedly said 'Australia is now open for business'.

NZ might as well put out a statement, 'we are closed for business'.

He PuaPua wont help.

Labour and the Greens have been "closing business" since they came into power.
Only thing they have done is push everyone into holding and not selling property.

Oil and Gas, Farmers, Property Investors, Mining - where is it going to end ?

I will tell you where.
Jacinda romping off to the UN to join Aunty Helen, her Sith Master.
The smart and rich leaving NZ for Costa Rica where the girls are cheap and the coccaine is pure.
The welfare country drowing in debt with everyone squabbling and fighting over hand outs.

I heard "He PuaPua" has been shelved by Labour till next year and no one gets to see it.
Why cant they use words people actually understand, I didnt even know that Kohi Koha Toki Tiki Taha, was Transport NZ till last week.

ThaiJohn
13-07-2021, 05:23 PM
So the CEO and Board need to reduce their salaries then?

nztx
13-07-2021, 06:53 PM
So the CEO and Board need to reduce their salaries then?

Can we wait until all the excuses get trotted out on the 'pretend all or one of the projects on hand may go somewhere'
and we learn if this year's entertainment nomination for fat lady will be standing on the piano singing loudly .. ? ;)

Stumpynuts
19-07-2021, 11:43 PM
Gee whiz the NTL private holding area on the main page for investigation is getting bigger as the days go by.
Must be more juicy tid-bits being un-earthed...

Brain
20-07-2021, 07:54 PM
I see that NTL are seeking nominations for directors. Perhaps one of the contributors to this thread should put his/her name forward. Failing that I would like to nominate Mickey Mouse. I believe Mr Mouse would bring invaluable commercial experience and fit in very well with the NTL corporate culture.

Getty
21-07-2021, 09:19 AM
I hope Matt has a succession plan, because he certainly does not have a success plan.

Current hold up is due to checking if the Rabone electric locomotives will fit the gauge of Vanuatu state railways.

Getty
21-07-2021, 09:44 AM
Perhaps Chris Castle is available for nomination?

Landyman
22-07-2021, 11:00 AM
Does anyone here have the time/quals to be a Director at NTL? Having a independent onboard seems a good idea - though would preclude you from trading a bit.

Put your hand up.

steveb
22-07-2021, 12:41 PM
Well looking at the downward trend of the SP over the last couple of years,you would have to have a screw loose to join this board.I can't see any any good reason for an independent director to be tempted to join the company.

Hawkeye
22-07-2021, 02:12 PM
Well looking at the downward trend of the SP over the last couple of years,you would have to have a screw loose to join this board.I can't see any any good reason for an independent director to be tempted to join the company.

Oh I don't know about that, I would think the monthly report would be very minimal reading... probably don't need to open it, all you would need to do is think blah blah blah excuse blah blah blah ass covering blah blah blah request a well deserved pay rise from Matt blah blah blah.

ThaiJohn
22-07-2021, 02:19 PM
Easy money. Cut and paste the previous report, adjust the figures via dartboard and calculator. Back to the golf course.

Hawkeye
22-07-2021, 02:29 PM
Easy money. Cut and paste the previous report, adjust the figures via dartboard and calculator. Back to the golf course.

The golf course, where coincidentally you see the rest of the NTL management team...

nztx
22-07-2021, 11:19 PM
The golf course, where coincidentally you see the rest of the NTL management team...

Have they discovered hints of GOLD lurking under the Waihi Golfcourse as well ? ;)

Why are they stuffing around with Hobby Mines & Abandoned claims in the Pacific
if this new strike is looking to be so popular ? ;)

Or did the earlier lot on the way round happen to drop a few small coins in the bunker between the 7th & 8th holes ? ;)

Landyman
23-07-2021, 08:41 AM
But seriously, it would make sense for one of the (decent size) shareholders to get onboard - conflict of interests to some extent, but the Board are there to deliver for their shareholders, so be nice to have someone who would hold others to account.

Jonu? Time and energy to do it?

Bluemanarc
23-07-2021, 11:37 AM
But seriously, it would make sense for one of the (decent size) shareholders to get onboard - conflict of interests to some extent, but the Board are there to deliver for their shareholders, so be nice to have someone who would hold others to account.

Unfortunately, NZ is "not open for business", it is exponentially less open for business every year.
You can see they originally had good intentions, and if they had actually started the process approx. 20 years earlier, they would be successfully mining now.

In todays world, this mine has zero chance of being operable, as Matt said, to make it would they would have to go to a massive scale operation, and that was I recall to cover the massive set up costs for health and safety and possible another 100 red tape things this new government will require.
It just wont work, business enterprise in NZ is basically strangled to death, look at what they are doing to the Farmers at the moment.

Abandoning ship here in NZ, and having a go up in another country, slim as it may be, the only chance.

Getting a seat on the board, may also be your only chance of getting any blood out of this rock, as you wont be getting gold out of it.
Good Luck to holders.

Getty
23-07-2021, 01:43 PM
Unfortunately, NZ is "not open for business", it is exponentially less open for business every year.

Abandoning ship here in NZ, and having a go up in another country, slim as it may be, the only chance.

Getting a seat on the board, may also be your only chance of getting any blood out of this rock, as you wont be getting gold out of it.
Good Luck to holders.
Vanuatu put a stop to manganese mining in 1978, and there has been no mining since, except for shifting some already mined manganese in 2006.

Not much point in prospecting there, against that backdrop, to create another stranded asset, if commercial gold is found.
No wonder Canterbury Resources were happy to offload their patch to NTL.

Brain
23-07-2021, 06:24 PM

Yes maybe Jonu should consider it . All he needs to do is talk to the other top shareholders and get their support and he would probably have enough votes. May not be easy to achieve anything being one against 3 incumbents. He may also find out the reasons for this mine not progressing and worst of all maybe there are no solutions.

Landyman
26-07-2021, 08:05 AM
And Im not saying this to try to get inside word or anything, just be good to get someone in there who may hold them to account.

Hawkeye
26-07-2021, 06:14 PM
Is robbo24 still kicking around or was he Matt?

haewai
30-07-2021, 12:05 PM
Quarterly report time isn't it?

Obviously nothing material happened in the three months. Be interesting to see how much cash is left.

About time they announced a decision on their due diligence of the place down the road. Been six months now.

Brain
30-07-2021, 12:47 PM

Interesting point. Not that I am an expert but there seems to be a similarity in the style of writing checking back on the posts for Robbo that I could find.

RicharK
30-07-2021, 04:04 PM

No worries there. True to his form, he will appear with fantastic gold news when its time for CR.

Brain
30-07-2021, 04:43 PM
The much anticipated SPP has been announced. If NTL/Matt Hill pull this off I think that Mr Hill will go down in the annals of capital raising history and rightfully deserve the title Grand Master.

Curly
30-07-2021, 04:47 PM
Yep, the more money for Matt capital raise @. .003.

nztx
30-07-2021, 06:58 PM
and what you would know - hey presto - a couple of carrots - potential 50 bagger hugely valuable
free in-specie dish outs in not one but two hatched float outs .. ;)

Does this mean that NTL will still exist or will it be defunct after the guts is split & tossed into two offspring
with each being bankrolled ?

Any guesses on a 0.001 or 0.002 SP on each of these spinouts once set loose on the market ? ;)

and as we all thought .. plucked once again out of long suffering patient Stakeholders pockets ;)

Any boys & girls out there wanting to toss a meagre $15 K into one or both deep gaping holes
and say a few prayers that more of the same old, same old wont repeat again DOUBLED ? ;)

Some pretty good sort of results would appear to be very CRITICALLY overdue and that's not
just in the name of one of the offshoots being spat out either .. or filling kitty to provide for the
next few year's top brass salaries, lodging & bonuses etc .. ;)

Getty
30-07-2021, 09:22 PM
The much anticipated SPP has been announced. If NTL/Matt Hill pull this off I think that Mr Hill will go down in the annals of capital raising history and rightfully deserve the title Grand Master.

Ah, so now we know what Capital Punishment means!

Fundamentalfinder
31-07-2021, 08:16 AM
No mention of the 1 tonne of ore that was being processed? Surely can’t take that long

mfd
31-07-2021, 10:10 AM
"In addition, Eligible Shareholders who participate will be rewarded with preference to participate in an inspecie distribution of shares in Coromandel Gold Limited and Critical Mineral Resources Limited, and follow-on capital raise."

What a fantastic deal - buy one capital raise and get another two opportunities to give them money!

Rosco
01-08-2021, 10:42 AM
Any update on the FMA proceedings?

Its been over a year in what is surely a clearcut breach by the CEO of NTL.

nztx
01-08-2021, 01:21 PM
"In addition, Eligible Shareholders who participate will be rewarded with preference to participate in an inspecie distribution of shares in Coromandel Gold Limited and Critical Mineral Resources Limited, and follow-on capital raise."

What a fantastic deal - buy one capital raise and get another two opportunities to give them money!

three (instead of one ?) opportunities for executive salaries & directors fees too - what a wonderful opportunity ;)

and each of the hatchlings possibly opportunity for further of their own future Cap Raises on similar precis too .. ;)

Stumpynuts
02-08-2021, 07:36 AM
Coromandel Gold / Critical Mineral Resources Limited / Northland Minerals - a.k.a shell companies a.k.a Director = Matthew Hill
Farrrrrrk this sh*t

Joshuatree
02-08-2021, 08:20 AM
Makes sense though.
One for Matt
One for Bullish
One for Epithermal

Brain
02-08-2021, 08:49 AM
I hope any new investors and current investors read this thread. A good starting point is post #7457 and #7455 and then try to argue the case that those posts are incorrect.

Any guesses on how much the SPP will raise? My guess is less than $50k.

Lion
02-08-2021, 10:58 AM
Any guesses on how much the SPP will raise? My guess is less than $50k.

I'd guess somewhere round there too.
And then what?? Unless they can produce some f**** gold, we all go down the tubes, I think.

Sideshow Bob
02-08-2021, 11:10 AM
Any update on the FMA proceedings?

Its been over a year in what is surely a clearcut breach by the CEO of NTL.

Probably spending this time wetting the bus ticket.....;)

Paint it Black
02-08-2021, 11:36 AM
No mention of the 1 tonne of ore that was being processed? Surely can’t take that long

From the previous quarterly report -

A number of options have been identified for processing ore in NZ. The next
steps over the coming weeks will be to test up to 100t sample (in batches of
5-10t) at one or more facility to determine recovery rates and economic
feasibility prior to entering commercial agreements. The capacities of each
facility range from 1tph up to 10tph with the largest outlined further below.

More than 16 weeks now from the end of March for the period covered by the quarterly and still no testing results received but the directors still expect a capital raise to succeed with the associated costs!

Landyman
02-08-2021, 11:52 AM
Will be interesting to see how the CR plays out - as much as most of us here see NTL as a train wreck, gold fever can still catch the unsuspecting.

Any of the (top) holders here care to confirm whether they will commit, rather than be diluted? Tough call - if no money raised, then NTL seems doomed to fail, and investment is a write-off.

Im pleased to say that to gold-tinted lenses shine no more.

peat
02-08-2021, 12:56 PM
https://tenor.com/vieQ.gif

nztx
02-08-2021, 01:37 PM
Probably spending this time wetting the bus ticket.....;)

New Bus tickets are probably undergoing a $5 million redesign & Logo revamp to become biodegradable in record time
(this process is forecast to take three years and require all the approvals & sign-offs so it doesn't offend
any local, international or other customary rights)

A new lot of Printers have to be engaged to ensure the processes don't offend the Greens,
or infringe any waste disposal standards with nasties leeching into waters further down the track ;)

In the mean time, a reasonable percentage of intended reciprients are expected to have run away,
gone into hiding, escaped into other projects or been shamed away to foreign jurisdictions .. ;)

The final part of the process is putting in a future plan for nailing all registered NZ Companies
with yet another large spike upwards of the FMA syphon off added to Company Filing Fees to
pay for the Upgrade the Bus Ticket process and pay the PR Company for promos announcing in the changes ;)

Brain
02-08-2021, 02:12 PM
I'd guess somewhere round there too.
And then what?? Unless they can produce some f**** gold, we all go down the tubes, I think.

Yeah 50k will only pay a couple of months of Matt’s salary so when the cash in the bank and the cap raise runs out it is all over. I find that very sad. I hate to see shareholder wealth destruction.

I first invested in NTL in 2013 and contributed to all SPPs. I took off the rose tinted glasses in early 2020
retain $60 worth so that I can attend the next AGM so that I can eyeball these guys. Trouble is that they will not have a physical meeting. They will use the excuse that Nader is in Australia and can’t turn up so it will be online.
And the next meeting will be the last.

Hawkeye
02-08-2021, 02:33 PM

I actually physically laughed out loud when I saw this.

But there still will be people who will put their cash in, is it a scam? highly likely, but fear of missing out on the next big thing at rock bottom prices will be to much more some people, i'd imagine a heavy uptake from sharesies where 99% of people on there have high risk portfolios and aren't afraid to to splash out $10 on a punt like this, they have the numbers to keep matt employed another year.

My big question is, is there any chance of this succeeding? Can the ore be processed off site and actually produce enough gold and minerals to keep the site viable.

Getty
02-08-2021, 02:50 PM
Jonu is yet to come in with his normal defensive qualities.

Trading volumes would suggest he is yet to bail.

Must be seeing his bank manager, for an overdraft to participate in SPP?

ThaiJohn
02-08-2021, 05:01 PM
Where's the gold, Mat? Where is the gold, big boy.

nztx
03-08-2021, 12:22 AM
Anyone wanting to read up on past history under the HGD HERITAGE GOLD former name, here is the link to
the former thread covering up to 19 November 2012:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?386-Heritage-Gold-HGD/page438

Set aside a good dallop of time - as there are just a mere 438 pages of past history there

I note the following excerpt from 'Odd Fellow''s posting on the last page:

I only hope they get going and show a bit more action and get some gold out of them hills before the gold price go's down again.

almost nine years ago .. ;)

and 'Master98' 's posting on 22 March 2012:

but HGD do need more funds to pull those gold from ground and process them,who will fund them? shareholders or JV partners?

Look back to April 2012.

Anyone recognise the following ? ;)

'Paint it Black''s posting of 11 April 2012:

So HGD is restructuring into two companies New Talisman Gold Mining Ltd and Coromandel Gold Ltd with an SPP about to be posted to existing shareholders offering shares at NZ1.9c and A1.6c to fund the Talisman company. Talisman has a new General Manager Mining - Paul Griffin and an additional board member with mining experience. The Talisman company will focus only on this mine and non core assets ie part ownership of BHPL, Northland etc will be transferred to the Coromandel company. Personally I see it as a great step forwards to at last get things moving. I'll be happy to buy my allocation of shares so that progress is made and we not waiting around for something to happen through a JV. I really hope shareholders are kept regularly updated - hey even an preliminary programme to the first ingot being produced would be something!

Back to present day - and just What are NTL up to now a bit over 9 years later in most recent releases .. again ? ;)

Was it restructured about 9 years ago ? .. so why is a restructuring needed again ? ;)

well, that is aside from attempting to put a bit more shareholder coin in two shallow tins this time .. ;)

And if I may borrow 'Balance' s posting (in bold red) of way back on 14 November 2009:

in response to the posting immediately under -

Gold closed on 1,118.50. 1,200 soon

Make it $2500 and HGD will still tap shareholders for capital, promising gold and delivering dirt.

Mining permit, talk of numerous discussions with potential JV partners and they still tap shareholders for cash??????

how true was that ? ;)

nztx
03-08-2021, 01:58 AM
From postings in the former thread, some excerpts:

P 3320, dated 14 Nov 2009:

A quick add up on investors funds burnt up by HGD management in the 25yrs rough count-$23,000,000 NZD

how much more since that point ? ;)

P 3325 dated 14 Nov 2009:

Gold closed on 1,118.50. 1,200 soon

P 3108 dated 2 Nov 2009:

As for there cash position, dont be surprised to hear that the Grigor/Hill combo buy another gold company and roll it under the HGD banner and come up with some additional cash. The market has not been very kind to HGD over the last year due to long winded process of trying to get a mining permit through our bureaucratic govt agency. The Grigor/Hill directors are very shrewd operators Watch this space.

Hello - and 12 years on, what do we have now ? ;)

P 3076 dated 2 Nov 2009:

Someone has snapped up most of those shares at 3.4c

As high as that back then ? .. where is the SP at now ? ;)

How many billion more shares have been issued since then ? ;)

suse
03-08-2021, 07:52 AM
Frankly I'm gobsmacked re the SPP. I suppose they will suck in some new punters. I feel very sorry for them. The only good news is that any newbies who find this thread will know to tread carefully and decide whether it is worth the risk. Decades of what appears to be incompetent management isnt likely to change.

Landyman
03-08-2021, 08:51 AM
Directorship spot still open.
Last guy left under little fanfare - why leave when could have just kept clipping the ticket via virtual meetings - maybe the fella had some morals.

I do admire Matt, the size of his ..... astounds me.

I feels like we arent any closer to producing gold.

zacman
03-08-2021, 10:44 AM
I believe that a CR at .3 cents shows a lack of faith by the Directors especially with respect to the near future. That is at a price lower than the current price but in circumstances where they have been making promises about testing results being due . If they where confident about those test results then they would delay any CR as there would be an uplift from positive testing. Any such uplift would be positive for a CR.

Conclusion .. they are getting in with a CR before any testing results are known as they fear the result of that testing

zacman

Weta
03-08-2021, 10:54 AM
If Talisman were such a great investment, why didn't Newmont snap it up back in the 1 cent days instead of beginning exploration at WKP? Wouldn't Talisman being the "sure thing" be a better investment for them than rolling the dice?

Why isn't OGC snapping it up now at .3 cents? They've already got ample processing equipment in place so that's not a hurdle for them.

Then why on earth should shareholders be snapping it up at .3 cents?

Words (Bullish Bull$hit) have attracted all the funds they ever will from me.

I didn't help fund mine refurbishment only to be told it's not economical. I didn't help fund a toy processing plant that was "fully scalable" only to find out it's not adequate after successful testing. I don't want to fund Matt's holiday home in Vanuatu. I don't want a hobby tourist mine.

ThaiJohn
03-08-2021, 05:30 PM
NTL is a scam. Pure and simple.
Sue me.

tommy_d
03-08-2021, 08:07 PM
NTL is a scam. Pure and simple.
Sue me.

ironically, choosing to sue you might be the most likely source of revenue. Hope FMA impose an appropriate penalty (including jail-time) if they find that the CEO was in fact guilty of criminal behaviour.

Surprised it's not illegal for a capital raise when the CEO is under active FMA investigation - or maybe it is? NZX should make sure not to be complicit in breaking the law here

percy
03-08-2021, 09:42 PM
ironically, choosing to sue you might be the most likely source of revenue. Hope FMA impose an appropriate penalty (including jail-time) if they find that the CEO was in fact guilty of criminal behaviour.

Surprised it's not illegal for a capital raise when the CEO is under active FMA investigation - or maybe it is? NZX should make sure not to be complicit in breaking the law here

I agree NZX should be holding this company to account.Raising more capital while being a NZX listed company under FMA investigation,should leave NZX liable for any loses suffered by any one subscribing to this capital raise.
I would think any court would find in ThaiJohn's favour.

nztx
03-08-2021, 10:17 PM
I agree NZX should be holding this company to account.Raising more capital while being a NZX listed company under FMA investigation,should leave NZX liable for any loses suffered by any one subscribing to this capital raise.
I would think any court would find in ThaiJohn's favour.

Some may go further & suggest that an NZX Listed Company CEO / Director under FMA Investigation should be required
to step aside & not be actively involved in any aspect of management of the company (and any other NZ registered companies, if there are further NZ companies that individual is officer of) while the FMA investigation is underway.. ;)

At that time a full in-depth FMA investigation of all Company Aspects that the Company Officer under Investigation has been
involved in should be commissioned and reported to stakeholders ..

If that means suspended without remuneration for the duration, then tough - did he not do it to himself ? ;)

Flugenbear
04-08-2021, 05:51 AM
I believe that a CR at .3 cents shows a lack of faith by the Directors especially with respect to the near future. That is at a price lower than the current price but in circumstances where they have been making promises about testing results being due . If they where confident about those test results then they would delay any CR as there would be an uplift from positive testing. Any such uplift would be positive for a CR.

Conclusion .. they are getting in with a CR before any testing results are known as they fear the result of that testing

zacman

CR's are always at a lower price....don't forget not long again 0.3 cents was the price. I think they are actually rather optimistic anyone will pay 0.3 cents. Going on the CEO's last CR performances we will get a pumped up positive announcement in the next month to make 0.3 cents look attractive. But now having followed NTL for a few years at least I'll know how much weight to put on any positive announcement.

Landyman
04-08-2021, 08:17 AM
Its unfortunate that the FMA are taking so long to make their conclusions - would be nice to have an outcome one way or the other. My concern is that if there are harsh outcomes, what will happen to NTL without Hill to run the ship?

Please process some ore, get some cash flow. Suspect they will, given they need some positive news to support the CR.

Brain
04-08-2021, 08:25 AM
Some may go further & suggest that an NZX Listed Company CEO / Director under FMA Investigation should be required
to step aside & not be actively involved in any aspect of management of the company (and any other NZ registered companies, if there are further NZ companies that individual is officer of) while the FMA investigation is underway.. ;)

At that time a full in-depth FMA investigation of all Company Aspects that the Company Officer under Investigation has been
involved in should be commissioned and reported to stakeholders ..

If that means suspended without remuneration for the duration, then tough - did he not do it to himself ? ;)

The NZ market is still the Wild West. Not as bad as 87 but it still has serious problems.

Finding companies to invest in where the board truly looks after shareholder interests can be a challenge.
Competent directors also seem to be a bit thin on the ground.

When it comes down to it we lie in the bed we make. We seem to be too nice and forgiving in this country.

Probably we need more Mr ThaiJohns.

haewai
04-08-2021, 10:32 AM
Going on the CEO's last CR performances we will get a pumped up positive announcement in the next month to make 0.3 cents look attractive. But now having followed NTL for a few years at least I'll know how much weight to put on any positive announcement.

Yes, and the CR will be extended due to mail delivery issues in Australia. Then another round will be conducted for the general public. This has happened the last two or three rounds of NTL CRs. All up it will take about four months, which is about as much extra time allotted to making a decision on Broken Hill and its processing plant.

dubya
04-08-2021, 05:01 PM
Sooooo.......why haven't I seen any of the pro NTL supporters come out and give tangible reasons why this SPP is a great deal, and why it can be viewed as a Share Purchase Plan and not a 'Salary Payment Package'.

Just remember that Hill and the then troika of Directors didn't stump up one single cent of their easily earned money into the last SPP.
I think this company is going to follow the same path as SCY, CBL, WYN, FTX et al.

That narrow exit door is closing. 71m shares offered - 21m bid. Even more horrendous if you look at the $ amounts. There's still a lot out there too paralysed to do anything other than wish.

A healthy $3,000 traded today at $0.003.
Hope ain't an investment strategy imo.

I don't see too many 'backing the truck up'.

Posters on this forum scoffed at people getting out at much higher prices. The share price is now MASSIVELY lower.

How can any reasonably minded person trust in, or believe, anything Hill (and his aliases) and the Board say?
Their credibility is less than zero.

Oh, and the FMA are insipidly weak, an embarrassment and a disgrace too!!! :t_down: :t_down:

ThaiJohn
04-08-2021, 05:32 PM
Well said. Hill and co's heads should roll. Sack the lot of 'em.

Brain
04-08-2021, 06:21 PM
Well said. Hill and co's heads should roll. Sack the lot of 'em.

That is what should have happened a year or so ago. But the board know the shareholders are fragmented and have no power. The top 30 or so shareholders need to get together and use their votes to change things but I do not see that happening. Who do the shareholders appoint to replace the directors. I believe NTL would be a legal and operational minefield and you would need some smart people to sort the mess out.

nztx
04-08-2021, 08:34 PM
In recent reading, I think NZX Code of Governance in 2017 suggested CEO & Chairman roles for NZ Listed entities
should be different people .. so no conflicts .. Has NTL done anything to comply with this suggestion of
what NZX consider to be a Governance matter for listed entities across their platform ? ;)

Governance goes further - when issues such as was seen on here arise - it may go somewhere towards explaining
where notional nodding motions at best may have occurred (not sure if anyone moved to another chair or grandstand
to perform the required acrobatics however) .. ;)

nztx
04-08-2021, 08:55 PM
NTL
$0.003
-$0.001 / -25.00%
52 Week Change: -$0.003 / -66.66%

EPS -$0.000
NTA $0.006
Gross Div Yield 0.000%
Securities Issued 2,792,225,363

the market seems to have spoken ;)

nztx
04-08-2021, 09:27 PM
Could ASX Listing rules be an issue for NTL ?

What are they ?

a Capitalisation Rule ? A Working Capital Rule ? and / or an NTA Rule ?

What happens if Talisman Expenditure is fully impaired ?

Does that flush the current ASX listing down the can ? ;)

Capitalised Talisman expenditure must represent a sizeable portion of the current NTL NTA (per share $0.006 reported).

Does this explain the resistance on the Talisman mine direction, moving slowly, write off or impairment - obviously still not in
active production (if it at all manages to reach that point in future)

The Auditors must have some serious questions on this - surely - to express an opinion on NTL ? ;)

Where is NTL without a listing on ASX - among the rest of the Australasian mining stocks ?

Is the answer to this - the continuous cycle of Cap Raises, and now a further reincarnated move to separate into
two entities ? .. but again dividing what is currently present in NTL plus any Cap Raise - is this sufficient for
two separate ASX listings meeting the ASX listing rules or not ? ;)

Where are the two Offspring hatchlings left sitting, if one or neither make the required benchmarks under ASX Listing rules ? ;)

ThaiJohn
04-08-2021, 09:46 PM
NTL..M Hill = Woof Woof :t_down:

swissboy
05-08-2021, 12:20 PM
M Hill just purchased $50000 of ARR on the ASX so at least he is still putting his surplus cash into holes in the ground, Just a pity it's not in NTL

Snow Leopard
05-08-2021, 05:09 PM
M Hill just purchased $50000 of ARR on the ASX so at least he is still putting his surplus cash into holes in the ground, Just a pity it's not in NTL

Why do you think that?

Baa_Baa
05-08-2021, 05:13 PM
Why do you think that?

Maybe this (https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/apiman-gateway/ASX/asx-research/1.0/file/2924-02403737-2A1313826?access_token=83ff96335c2d45a094df02a206a 39ff4)?

BigBob
05-08-2021, 05:18 PM
Isn't ARR the old Broken Hill Prospecting entity that was spun out of HGD a decade or so ago..? Cobalt was the game from memory.... (sorry, can't be bothered looking into it)...

nztx
05-08-2021, 05:25 PM
Isn't ARR the old Broken Hill Prospecting entity that was spun out of HGD a decade or so ago..? Cobalt was the game from memory.... (sorry, can't be bothered looking into it)...

yes - believe so - if not wrong one of the last spin outs of 'using the NTL / HLG Shareholder base for float outs & in-specie jobs
maybe from Peter Atkinson's era .. ?

Snow Leopard
05-08-2021, 05:26 PM
Although there is a connection, Matthew Geoffrey Hill and Geoffrey Guild Hill are I believe different people.

nztx
05-08-2021, 05:31 PM
Although there is a connection, Matthew Geoffrey Hill and Geoffrey Guild Hill are I believe different people.

Father & Son ?

It looks like someone by name of "Matthew Hill" has had an "Australian Financial Services Authorised Representatives" Registration cease on 24 June 2021

https://search-afsl.com/Hill,%20Matthew%20Geoffrey/afs-representative/341807/

Perhaps more than one by the same name in Australasia ? .. but Who knows .. ;)

tommy_d
05-08-2021, 10:30 PM
NTL..M Hill = Woof Woof :t_down:

given his historic apparent addiction to posting here, i hope he is still addicted to this thread. How ashamed must he feel, or proud as the biggest ripper offer-er in recent NZX history, supported by provision of anonymous commentary (as CEO and director)

then again, might feel pride at sucking in so many for so long - who has done best out of NTL over the last three years? those drawing down the dollars, right, and he has been king of doing that. Maybe good on him?

Dlownz
06-08-2021, 02:21 AM

One of the last posts from Jonu
Where is he? I'm amazed he's not on here with a opinion on the latest expected developments.

nztx
06-08-2021, 06:40 PM
One of the last posts from Jonu
Where is he? I'm amazed he's not on here with a opinion on the latest expected developments.

he may have doubts on what Matt has recently trotted out & so decided to take his own advice & bugger off .. ;)

Remember he did post this .. "As I said earlier. Matt Hill and the Board need to deliver....and promptly."

Another Cap Raise with expectation to need to match or slip behind the eight ball must be painful, when you've got a fleet load
of barrows full to the brim already .. for the larger holders .. and no sight of anything that looks like a return.. ;)

Has Matt announced a Share Consolidation yet, so the 'rinse & repeat' cycle can continue with a few zero's conveniently knocked off the humungous total of sub-cent jobs on the loose out there ? ;)

It must be on the future radar when NTA hasn't moved much & only moves minutely when a Cap Raise to refill the tank
happens, and the amount of Shares on the loose hits the Billions, with no sign of new scrip generation ending .. ;)

Without a consolidation - all the holders will need a microscope to even see any EPS per share, divided by the Billions . ;)

NTL shares appear to have a curious habit of multiplying almost as fast as Hitler's WW II hyper inflationary times of the German war time currency in the mid 1940's .. and exhibiting similarly a large loss in value as time goes on .. ;)

Probably the very thing the intended prize - a trove of GOLD is expected to not do .. ;)

nztx
10-08-2021, 06:38 PM
A few words in an excerpt from one very successful SMALL CAP's bible -

We often come across $5 million market cap companies where the managing director is
paying him/herself in excess of $500k per annum.

This is not ideal in our opinion and is what is called a ‘lifestyle company’.

We avoid these companies.

dubya
10-08-2021, 07:19 PM
A few words in an excerpt from one very successful SMALL CAP's bible -

...... This is not ideal in our opinion and is what is called a ‘lifestyle company’.......

Or a fiefdom
/ˈfiːfdəm/

noun

1. a territory or sphere of operation controlled by a particular person or group.

Some people pronounce 'th' like 'f'.
(I hope someone gets that :D )