PDA

View Full Version : NTL - New Talisman Mine - New board & Directors

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38]

Daytr
19-03-2024, 05:15 PM
I believe this will come down to where it is located. As mentioned before hopefully they are locating it in industrial zoned land which should permit such activities. This is where the on site concentrator of the ore is a good idea to minimise the off site transportation and processing.

Aren't they looking to produce a concentrate underground and then ship that off to an unknown existing plant for toll treatment?
I believe they said the concentrate produced would be 65% gold.

They will need to dispose of the waste ore, but I assume that's covered by the bulk sampling consent.

Paint it Black
19-03-2024, 09:40 PM
Aren't they looking to produce a concentrate underground and then ship that off to an unknown existing plant for toll treatment?
I believe they said the concentrate produced would be 65% gold.

They will need to dispose of the waste ore, but I assume that's covered by the bulk sampling consent.

Yes they were looking at a concentrator underground as well as infilling the waste underground but the December Activities Report said they had identified a suitable processing site and were doing due diligence on it. Exactly what this means and whether it still involves an underground concentrator is unclear to me. I have never read about the 65% gold concentration from the proposed plant. I understood it is far less than that before final refining into ingots.

Daytr
20-03-2024, 08:42 AM
Yes they were looking at a concentrator underground as well as infilling the waste underground but the December Activities Report said they had identified a suitable processing site and were doing due diligence on it. Exactly what this means and whether it still involves an underground concentrator is unclear to me. I have never read about the 65% gold concentration from the proposed plant. I understood it is far less than that before final refining into ingots.

Hmmm, I'm sure I read 65% somewhere, but can't find it. I might be confusing it with another mining stock.

I'm hoping I'm right as it would save substantially on trucking / shipping cost.

They do say " produce a concentrate underground to smelt directly into gold dore / ingots"
So the concentrate would have to be a pretty high grade to achieve that I would imagine.

Paint it Black
20-03-2024, 11:12 AM
Hmmm, I'm sure I read 65% somewhere, but can't find it. I might be confusing it with another mining stock.

I'm hoping I'm right as it would save substantially on trucking / shipping cost.

They do say " produce a concentrate underground to smelt directly into gold dore / ingots"
So the concentrate would have to be a pretty high grade to achieve that I would imagine.

My post #8823 last July adds some further thoughts of mine on the concentration.

whatsup
20-03-2024, 12:01 PM
The "Smith said" person quoted is Lincoln Smith, Managing Director of Terra Firma Mining Ltd, who have been engaged by NTL to manage the Talisman mine and are also taking a $300k stake in NTL. Lincoln has been General Manager at Federation's Snowy River project the last 2 years and a number of Statutory positions at Snowy River were also held by Terra Firma staff.

We are delighted to have them aboard.

John Upperton, Director of New Talisman

Who owns Federations Snowy River Mine ? ( private I guess ) ?

Toddy
20-03-2024, 12:53 PM
Had a look at Blackwater (Snowy River) online. Now that's one exciting mine.

Haven't worked out how you can invest yet. Aussie Super fund comes up, then FZR (ASX) has like 2'percent.

It's a major project with ot of prep work completed.

Paint it Black
21-03-2024, 11:13 AM
Had a look at Blackwater (Snowy River) online. Now that's one exciting mine.

Haven't worked out how you can invest yet. Aussie Super fund comes up, then FZR (ASX) has like 2'percent.

It's a major project with ot of prep work completed.

Good to read Federation's February's monthly update online with their interception of the Birthday Reef near Reefton. As mentioned before perhaps NTL could team with them in some way to utilise their proposed refining plant using concentrate transported down from Talisman.

Daytr
23-03-2024, 08:40 AM
Good to read Federation's February's monthly update online with their interception of the Birthday Reef near Reefton. As mentioned before perhaps NTL could team with them in some way to utilise their proposed refining plant using concentrate transported down from Talisman.

I hope not, as that sounds like a bloody expensive option.

It will be interesting to see what other companies will be interested in toll treating such small amounts.

They will have to run trials to check compatibility of the plant & recovery rates.

I was hoping for a much higher concentrate than 1%, as then transport costs, even perhaps to Australia, wouldn't be a prohibitive.

There's just so much more detailed information we shareholders need to know where this is heading.

As I mentioned before, it's a speculative punt for me, as it can't be anything else without knowing even if they get the DOC approval, that they have a feasible & cost effective option to process the low grade concentrate into dore. In fact it would be irresponsible for the company to start mining without that in place.

Paint it Black
23-03-2024, 09:21 AM
I hope not, as that sounds like a bloody expensive option.

It will be interesting to see what other companies will be interested in toll treating such small amounts.

They will have to run trials to check compatibility of the plant & recovery rates.

I was hoping for a much higher concentrate than 1%, as then transport costs, even perhaps to Australia, wouldn't be a prohibitive.

There's just so much more detailed information we shareholders need to know where this is heading.

As I mentioned before, it's a speculative punt for me, as it can't be anything else without knowing even if they get the DOC approval, that they have a feasible & cost effective option to process the low grade concentrate into dore. In fact it would be irresponsible for the company to start mining without that in place.

You have possibly misunderstood what I am saying about concentration levels. My post last July referred to reducing the volume of ore 100 times eg a 6 tonne truck delivery would be reduced to 60 kg. Not then expensive at all to transport to Reefton (or wherever) with a ute.

Daytr
23-03-2024, 10:10 AM
You have possibly misunderstood what I am saying about concentration levels. My post last July referred to reducing the volume of ore 100 times eg a 6 tonne truck delivery would be reduced to 60 kg. Not then expensive at all to transport to Reefton (or wherever) with a ute.

Thanks.
Can you point me to the company announcement that mentions the 100:1 concentration of the original test plant results?
Or preferably link it. I looked back through the rights off document & I couldn't see it there.

What I did see in that capital raise offer, was that it clearly stated cashflow positive from production by the end of 2023.

Access to mine once work safe was ticked off. No mention of DOC approval required...

Paint it Black
23-03-2024, 11:06 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/341267

Daytr I've attached the link with the pilot plant results which show 1000g/tonne of gold in the concentrate. With the JORC assessment estimating an average of 10g/tonne of ore in the mine this calculates to a 1000/10 = 100 improvement in the recovery rate of gold from the concentrate.

Daytr
23-03-2024, 11:39 AM
https://www.nzx.com/announcements/341267

Daytr I've attached the link with the pilot plant results which show 1000g/tonne of gold in the concentrate. With the JORC assessment estimating an average of 10g/tonne of ore in the mine this calculates to a 1000/10 = 100 improvement in the recovery rate of gold from the concentrate.

Thanks I saw that.
Why are you multiplying the results by the estimated grade?
You are suggesting in the test the ore feed was only 1gpt. It doesn't state what the ore feed was.
It could have been 16gpt for all we know.

Am I missing something?

Paint it Black
23-03-2024, 12:36 PM
Thanks I saw that.
Why are you multiplying the results by the estimated grade?
You are suggesting in the test the ore feed was only 1gpt. It doesn't state what the ore feed was.
It could have been 16gpt for all we know.

Am I missing something?

Maybe. No I'm not saying the ore feed was 1g/tonne. I'm dividing the test results by the estimated grade not multiplying. They were testing the concentrate at 1000g/t not the ore. The amount of gold in the mined ore comes from the JORC assessment which for round numbers sake I've said is 10g/t (conservative). I hear what you are saying about what is the ore feed, and this is not stated possibly as it was not the focus of the test. The ore feed will obviously vary given the variability of the amount of gold in each tonne of ore mined. Simply put if you have a bag of 1000 peas (the concentrate) and one is gold that is 100 times better than 10 gold peas in 1 million peas (the ore). If the concentrate test results produced two gold peas that is 200 times better than the average ore volume required to produce the same amount of gold etc..

Daytr
23-03-2024, 12:48 PM
Maybe. No I'm not saying the ore feed was 1g/tonne. I'm dividing the test results by the estimated grade not multiplying. They were testing the concentrate at 1000g/t not the ore. The amount of gold in the mined ore comes from the JORC assessment which for round numbers sake I've said is 10g/t (conservative). I hear what you are saying about what is the ore feed, and this is not stated possibly as it was not the focus of the test. The ore feed will obviously vary given the variability of the amount of gold in each tonne of ore mined. Simply put if you have a bag of 1000 peas (the concentrate) and one is gold that is 100 times better than 10 gold peas in 1 million peas (the ore). If the concentrate test results produced two gold peas that is 200 times better than the average ore volume required to produce the same amount of gold etc..

The way I read the announcement from 2019 is that they produced concentrate from ore resulting in circa 1kg gold per ton.
I really don't understand how that announcement can be read any other way, but happy to be corrected.

Perhaps Jonu can clarify.

Paint it Black
23-03-2024, 08:56 PM
The way I read the announcement from 2019 is that they produced concentrate from ore resulting in circa 1kg gold per ton.
I really don't understand how that announcement can be read any other way, but happy to be corrected.

Perhaps Jonu can clarify.

Not disputing that at all as you are simply reading from the announcement. You need to understand it is describing a rate per tonne of concentrate not ore. 1 kg = 1000g. 1 tonne = 1000kg = 1 million grams. Therefore the rate of gold recovery from the concentrate is 1000g per 1 million grams ie 1 in 1000. (my analogy was 1 gold pea per 1000 peas). The JORC estimates 10g per 1 million grams of ore. Therefore we are comparing a recovery rate of 1000g from the pilot plant concentrate with 10g if we crushed and refined the ore. This is a 100 to 1 advantage using the concentrate. Therefore you need 100 times less volume of material (concentrate) than ore to win the same amount of gold. This is why concentrating first at the mine is a great idea to minimise cartage weight along the access road and across the bridge to the state highway. I'll leave it at that.

Daytr
24-03-2024, 08:17 AM
Not disputing that at all as you are simply reading from the announcement. You need to understand it is describing a rate per tonne of concentrate not ore. 1 kg = 1000g. 1 tonne = 1000kg = 1 million grams. Therefore the rate of gold recovery from the concentrate is 1000g per 1 million grams ie 1 in 1000. (my analogy was 1 gold pea per 1000 peas). The JORC estimates 10g per 1 million grams of ore. Therefore we are comparing a recovery rate of 1000g from the pilot plant concentrate with 10g if we crushed and refined the ore. This is a 100 to 1 advantage using the concentrate. Therefore you need 100 times less volume of material (concentrate) than ore to win the same amount of gold. This is why concentrating first at the mine is a great idea to minimise cartage weight along the access road and across the bridge to the state highway. I'll leave it at that.

Yes I get what you are saying, I did the first time, but where are you getting your information if not from the announcement? It clearly says from ore not already concentrated ore.

The announcement says one thing, you are saying another. So where do you get your information from that differs from the announcement?

Don't get me wrong, I happy if you are right but I just need to see something from the company that backs up what you are saying.

As I have said on multiple occasions, all this pertinent information should be in one place. Well run exploration Companies that I used to bank used to reiterate their story and the necessary detail to make an informed opinion on the stock in every announcement and report.

This was so new parties reading for the first time could understand what was going on straight away without having to troll through every report going back years to get the information required to invest.

If you want the stock price to go up. Attract new investors with quality & easily accessible information.

Edit: what it does say in one of the quarterly reports that they are looking to produce a concentrate that they can smelt directly into dore. That suggests it's a very high grade concentrate. I wouldn't think the grade you are referring to would be able to be smelter directly.

Anyway, as I have said before.
So many unknowns.

Paint it Black
24-03-2024, 10:27 AM
Yes I get what you are saying, I did the first time, but where are you getting your information if not from the announcement? It clearly says from ore not already concentrated ore.

The announcement says one thing, you are saying another. So where do you get your information from that differs from the announcement?

Don't get me wrong, I happy if you are right but I just need to see something from the company that backs up what you are saying.

As I have said on multiple occasions, all this pertinent information should be in one place. Well run exploration Companies that I used to bank used to reiterate their story and the necessary detail to make an informed opinion on the stock in every announcement and report.

This was so new parties reading for the first time could understand what was going on straight away without having to troll through every report going back years to get the information required to invest.

If you want the stock price to go up. Attract new investors with quality & easily accessible information.

Edit: what it does say in one of the quarterly reports that they are looking to produce a concentrate that they can smelt directly into dore. That suggests it's a very high grade concentrate. I wouldn't think the grade you are referring to would be able to be smelter directly.

Anyway, as I have said before.
So many unknowns.

Just reread the link I sent you. I'll quote from the second paragraph. " Two batches of concentrate, produced by passing ore which has been ground to less than 150 micron size (about the same fineness as cement powder), through the centrifugal concentrator and performing a cleanup on the shaker table, have been assayed by independent SGS laboratories yielding grades of 989g/t gold and 4,120g/t silver, and 876g/t gold and 2,800g/t silver respectively." Surely you can agree that the 1000g/tonne I quoted as a round number is a measure of the gold contained in the concentrate.

Daytr
24-03-2024, 10:47 AM
Just reread the link I sent you. I'll quote from the second paragraph. " Two batches of concentrate, produced by passing ore which has been ground to less than 150 micron size (about the same fineness as cement powder), through the centrifugal concentrator and performing a cleanup on the shaker table, have been assayed by independent SGS laboratories yielding grades of 989g/t gold and 4,120g/t silver, and 876g/t gold and 2,800g/t silver respectively." Surely you can agree that the 1000g/tonne I quoted as a round number is a measure of the gold contained in the concentrate.

OK, we have been arguing at cross purposes.
As I said at the start according to the announcement they will be producing a 1% concentrate. I.e 1kg per ton.

Corrected below

Daytr
24-03-2024, 10:50 AM

This is where I'm confused. Here you say they are producing a concentrate of 10kgs per ton.

Well I know where the confusion is.
You have said on numerous occasions that they are reconcentrating the 1kg per ton concentrate and what I keep saying is I don't get that from the announcement. And that I'm not getting it because I am reading straight from the announcement.

Where else am I supposed to get it from?

Daytr
24-03-2024, 10:54 AM
As I said at the start according to the announcement they will be producing a 1% concentrate. I.e 1kg per ton.

Sorry my math there is wrong. It should be 0.1 of a percent. I.e 1kg per 1000kgs.

Anyway I have no issue with what is stated as the concentrate from the announcement in 2019.
Where I am struggling is that you are saying it's then being reconcentrated to produce 10kg per ton concentrate.
Where has the company stated this?

Paint it Black
24-03-2024, 10:56 AM

Nope - 1kg per tonne is 0.1%. Oh good I see you have corrected that. I'll now answer the next post.

Paint it Black
24-03-2024, 11:14 AM
Sorry my math there is wrong. It should be 0.1 of a percent. I.e 1kg per 1000kgs.

Anyway I have no issue with what is stated as the concentrate from the announcement in 2019.
Where I am struggling is that you are saying it's then being reconcentrated to produce 10kg per ton concentrate.
Where has the company stated this?

Can't recall myself or the company saying that. Can you assist? The bottom line is that by combining the published JORC and concentrate assay results one can calculate that by using a concentrator NTL can reduce the quantity of material needing to be transported to 1% of the ore quantity if it was transported from the the mine untreated.

Daytr
24-03-2024, 11:14 AM
Deleted .....

Daytr
24-03-2024, 11:48 AM

Can't recall myself or the company saying that. Can you assist? The bottom line is that by combining the published JORC and concentrate assay results one can calculate that by using a concentrator NTL can reduce the quantity of material needing to be transported to 1% of the ore quantity if it was transported from the the mine untreated.

We have been talking cross purposes, which is probably my fault.
We started talking about the grade of the concentrate produced, not the reduction of ore volume created by the concentrator.
But anyway, I agree the Federation mining option could be viable with that sort of concentrate.

And apologies for the rigamarole
Cheers

Paint it Black
24-03-2024, 06:31 PM
We have been talking cross purposes, which is probably my fault.
We started talking about the grade of the concentrate produced, not the reduction of ore volume created by the concentrator.
But anyway, I agree the Federation mining option could be viable with that sort of concentrate.

And apologies for the rigamarole
Cheers

No worries and cheers. It would be great hear in the near future that Jonu and Co are continuing to pursue the concentrator option. To me it's a game changer especially as it would nullify the protestor's main gripe of truck movements along the existing narrow road and bridge.

Getty
24-03-2024, 07:17 PM
Bearing in mind there is already a low limit on traffic movements imposed on NTL by the regional council, the protesting trolls should get back under the bridge!

winner69
25-03-2024, 07:10 PM
Seems furore around sail boats and Hector Dolphins has fired up the politicians from the Prime Ministerdown …..far too much red tape and bureaucracy holding the economy back and stuffing the country …..they going to get rid of that

No need to debate it now …just do it ….good for NTL …..we got to get that gold out for the country’s economic state no matter what

Paint it Black
25-03-2024, 08:10 PM
Seems furore around sail boats and Hector Dolphins has fired up the politicians from the Prime Ministerdown …..far too much red tape and bureaucracy holding the economy back and stuffing the country …..they going to get rid of that

No need to debate it now …just do it ….good for NTL …..we got to get that gold out for the country’s economic state no matter what

Exactly. It is very concerning that SailGP needed iwi approval to race at Lyttelton before DOC would give their consent. It's even worse than co governance! Same thing is happening at Port of Tauranga with local iwi delaying NZ's economic recovery. The system needs a massive shake up.

Baa_Baa
25-03-2024, 08:30 PM
I think we need to acknowledge something really important. Fundamentally important for shareholders especially.

This is going nowhere until NTL practically demonstrates it's ability to mine real gold and sell it (#1), make a profit from selling real gold (#2), sustain mining and sales, at a profit (#3). There's so many profitable gold minors listed that are a better choice right now, it doesn't make sense to put too much, or anything possibly, into something that chins none of these bars.

I'm not saying that they won't achieve these three goals, but right now there's no evidence to inspire investors in any of them. In fact there's still barriers to #1, that have material uncertainty attached to it. Vault that hurdle and I think substantial investors may start to reconsider.

JMHO.

dubya
25-03-2024, 08:36 PM
Exactly. It is very concerning that SailGP needed iwi approval to race at Lyttelton before DOC would give their consent. It's even worse than co governance! Same thing is happening at Port of Tauranga with local iwi delaying NZ's economic recovery. The system needs a massive shake up.

Off NTL topic but this sort of crap has been going on for years. We must be the laughing stock in other countries!!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/taniwha-halts-work-on-highway/L6PLP3QA2BC5HUNMMTNELTXGXI/#:~:text=A%20swamp%2Ddwelling%20taniwha%20has,Naho %2C%20a%20subtribe%20of%20Tainui

Daytr
26-03-2024, 04:52 PM
I think we need to acknowledge something really important. Fundamentally important for shareholders especially.

This is going nowhere until NTL practically demonstrates it's ability to mine real gold and sell it (#1), make a profit from selling real gold (#2), sustain mining and sales, at a profit (#3). There's so many profitable gold minors listed that are a better choice right now, it doesn't make sense to put too much, or anything possibly, into something that chins none of these bars.

I'm not saying that they won't achieve these three goals, but right now there's no evidence to inspire investors in any of them. In fact there's still barriers to #1, that have material uncertainty attached to it. Vault that hurdle and I think substantial investors may start to reconsider.

JMHO.

Yep all valid.
As I have said it's a speculative punt until there is a lot more information available.

Paint it Black
03-04-2024, 10:13 AM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/513222/kiwis-take-advantage-of-record-gold-prices-cash-in-investments

Any updates from the Board now the financial year cash neutral deadline has passed?

Daytr
03-04-2024, 10:18 AM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/513222/kiwis-take-advantage-of-record-gold-prices-cash-in-investments

Any updates from the Board now the financial year cash neutral deadline has passed?

The deadline was 31st December.

Landyman
03-04-2024, 10:34 AM
The deadline was 31st December.

Originally, I think it was stated as being cashflow neutral by end of year, which was assumed to be 31 Dec 2023, then it was more clearly defined as end of financial year, 31 March.

Without the DOC consent - NTL remains in the red. Im sure Jonu and co are doing all they can to cut through the red-tape, but it will be tight. From last update, think they had 6 months cash in hand.

dubya
03-04-2024, 10:42 AM
The Board will be busy getting the machine serviced.
This is the only place the cashflow is coming from.

Toddy
03-04-2024, 10:42 AM
You would think that any cashflow requirements involved in setting up the processing plant, including land lease agreements, bonds etc would come before production.

So things would have to get moving soon and go to plan for sure.

Joshuatree
03-04-2024, 11:32 AM
You would think that any cashflow requirements involved in setting up the processing plant, including land lease agreements, bonds etc would come before production.

So things would have to get moving soon and go to plan for sure.

Re2004 when NTL was Heritage Gold

QUOTE=craic;97233]The original statement that caused me to invest in this company two years ago was published in the Dominion and contained the information that the company expected to realise significant returns from processing in "late 2006" I remains to be seen but the amounts of gold they expect to recover based on core samples would push the share price well above the 20 cps suggested if they are realised.[/QUOTE]

We've come a long way ehh with Heritage now NTL so much reaming of shareholders and on we go,lol.

Daytr
03-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Originally, I think it was stated as being cashflow neutral by end of year, which was assumed to be 31 Dec 2023, then it was more clearly defined as end of financial year, 31 March.

Without the DOC consent - NTL remains in the red. Im sure Jonu and co are doing all they can to cut through the red-tape, but it will be tight. From last update, think they had 6 months cash in hand.

Nope I re-read some if the reports from last year recently & it clearly stated Dec 23.

I wonder how much of that prepaid $300K to Terra Firma in stock is left? Hopefully thats not part of the 6 months of cash.
Once DOC approval is granted and going by the method of mining outlined it should be, hopefully they have an agreement for toll treatment of the concentrate.

Re2004 when NTL was Heritage Gold

QUOTE=craic;97233]The original statement that caused me to invest in this company two years ago was published in the Dominion and contained the information that the company expected to realise significant returns from processing in "late 2006" I remains to be seen but the amounts of gold they expect to recover based on core samples would push the share price well above the 20 cps suggested if they are realised.

We've come a long way ehh with Heritage now NTL so much reaming of shareholders and on we go,lol.[/QUOTE]

Does that include the 10:1 stock consolidation?

ThaiJohn
03-04-2024, 01:33 PM
Wont be getting anymore cash from me so don't ask.
How about an update fellas on the DOC consenting? What's the hold up? What have you done, if anything, to hurry them along? Talked to Shane Jones office?

nztx
03-04-2024, 05:16 PM
Talisman Mining in Oz appears to be running fine :)

Paint it Black
03-04-2024, 05:55 PM
Nope I re-read some if the reports from last year recently & it clearly stated Dec 23.

I wonder how much of that prepaid $300K to Terra Firma in stock is left? Hopefully thats not part of the 6 months of cash.
Once DOC approval is granted and going by the method of mining outlined it should be, hopefully they have an agreement for toll treatment of the concentrate.

We've come a long way ehh with Heritage now NTL so much reaming of shareholders and on we go,lol.

Does that include the 10:1 stock consolidation?[/QUOTE]

The 20cps would have been well before before the stock consolidation ie now $2! Yes the end of Dec 2023 was recorded as the deadline for cash flow neutral during 2023 but this was revised by the Chair at the AGM to the financial year.

Daytr
03-04-2024, 07:17 PM
Does that include the 10:1 stock consolidation?

The 20cps would have been well before before the stock consolidation ie now $2! Yes the end of Dec 2023 was recorded as the deadline for cash flow neutral during 2023 but this was revised by the Chair at the AGM to the financial year.[/QUOTE]

Either way, hopefully the DOC approval isn't too far away & they have a plan for toll treatment.

The NZD Gold price is certainly helping out so also hopefully the margin over production cost is growing.

ThaiJohn
03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
If only
https://www.odt.co.nz/regions/central-otago/gold-closer-being-dug

whatsup
10-04-2024, 11:26 AM
If TTR and CRP can apply for fast tracking of their respective projects why cannot NTL have the same opportunity offered to it ?

haewai
10-04-2024, 11:29 AM
Because they don't need a resource consent, maybe.

sandi
10-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Some communication would be great just something so we don't imagine what is or will be happening.

whatsup
10-04-2024, 11:43 AM
Because they don't need a resource consent, maybe.

Isnt the application in the hands of DOC and if so is that all thats required ?

ThaiJohn
10-04-2024, 12:00 PM
Piss poor communications.

GIVE US SOME BLOODY INFO NTL !!! ��

Paint it Black
10-04-2024, 12:36 PM
Piss poor communications.

GIVE US SOME BLOODY INFO NTL !!! ��
Might have to wait to end of April for next quarterly report to end of March unfortunately. Good chance it will say again 'waiting on DOC'. I'm hoping we will hear substantive news on the processing route which should not rely on DOC.

haewai
10-04-2024, 01:50 PM
Isnt the application in the hands of DOC and if so is that all thats required ?

I think you're mixed up about the decisions sought from DOC and the fast track consenting regime (and proposed Bill). It's explained above.

whatsup
10-04-2024, 02:00 PM
I think you're mixed up about the decisions sought from DOC and the fast track consenting regime (and proposed Bill). It's explained above.

I realise this but I would have thought under the fast track legislation that that would have encompassed all requirements !

haewai
10-04-2024, 02:14 PM
Maybe it will, but it's only a Bill at the moment, not in force. Put a submission in: https://www.parliament.nz/en/pb/sc/make-a-submission/document/54SCENV_SCF_083F0A7B-F182-41D5-0897-08DC3E31559C/fast-track-approvals-bill

Boazman
10-04-2024, 04:41 PM
Again prove me wrong. This is highly likely a disgruntled activist middle manager at DoC who hates the current govt and has it conveniently placed on a tray of papers to get to and is secretly loving sticking it to them cause they can

ThaiJohn
10-04-2024, 06:20 PM
Jones in the house today saying the right things again. What's NTL doing about fast forwarding operations?

https://youtu.be/doLg317kW24?si=gjOZKaBWbxZmesYI

whatsup
10-04-2024, 06:47 PM
Jones in the house today saying the right things again. What's NTL doing about fast forwarding operations?

https://youtu.be/doLg317kW24?si=gjOZKaBWbxZmesYI

From someone who invested in this and it previous companies since the MID 1980's I WELCOME A MINISTER WHO HAS AN OZ OF COMMON SENSE TO BRING THIS MINE TO FRUITION at last, bring it on I say. !!

haewai
10-04-2024, 07:57 PM
Again prove me wrong. This is highly likely a disgruntled activist middle manager at DoC who hates the current govt and has it conveniently placed on a tray of papers to get to and is secretly loving sticking it to them cause they can

Prove me wrong; the New World Order is controlling world gold supply through government agents and snails

ThaiJohn
10-04-2024, 08:09 PM
Prove me wrong; the New World Order is controlling world gold supply through government agents and snails

Tin foil hat too tight. ;)

Baa_Baa
10-04-2024, 08:20 PM

They're not just any old snails, they're the stripped & spotted, green lipped, two tongued, three toed, endangered, almost extinct, moss dwelling, swamp snails, protected by powerful government agencies who can perpetually ruin your greedy environmentally insensitive investment ambitions! Those very special environmentally sensitive snails also live underground, deep inside prospective gold mines, as do the mosses they need to survive ... that's the truth! I read it on MSM, Facebook, X, and the Greenpeace save the planet BLOG. Call me a liar, and you'll be the ones who are sorry, I know the DOC guy who is sitting on your consent renewal, and I'm his landlord! .. LOL, feck all of you insensitive heartless environmental wreckers and plunderers who just think about your self worth enrichment, I've got a plan for you! It's all about saving the striped spotted snail, the environment, and the planet, you just don't get it.

[/SATIRE] off.

whatsup
10-04-2024, 08:47 PM
They're not just any old snails, they're the stripped & spotted, green lipped, two tongued, three toed, endangered, almost extinct, moss dwelling, swamp snails, protected by powerful government agencies who can perpetually ruin your greedy environmentally insensitive investment ambitions! Those very special environmentally sensitive snails also live underground, deep inside prospective gold mines, as do the mosses they need to survive ... that's the truth! I read it on MSM, Facebook, X, and the Greenpeace save the planet BLOG. Call me a liar, and you'll be the ones who are sorry, I know the DOC guy who is sitting on your consent renewal, and I'm his landlord! .. LOL, feck all of you insensitive heartless environmental wreckers and plunderers who just think about your self worth enrichment, I've got a plan for you! It's all about saving the striped spotted snail, the environment, and the planet, you just don't get it.

[/SATIRE] off.

B B , there is room for both points of view here.

sandi
11-04-2024, 06:37 AM
If this is true BB your doc land lord is talking out of school , and should be reported , it seems from your statement whatever NTL does to meet its requirements it will not be enough so why are we been given false hope.

whatsup
11-04-2024, 09:21 AM

[/SATIRE] off.

B B , why dont DOC collect up all of these snails, put them in a freezer, go away for a holiday forgetting to turn off the freezer and just like they found when they returned the last time that they did this when DOC tried to stop a coal mines application saying that there were very precious snails on site that needed that ground in order to survive, hay presto , ALL DEAD just like the last time ( under the care of DOC ).
I would hate DOC taking care of my future !

silverblizzard888
11-04-2024, 11:38 AM
From NTL's activity report back in January:

"New Talisman has all other approvals it needs to commence production and it is extremely frustrating that DOC has made little to no progress with our application for almost nine months"

Either a blatant misuse of power or one of the most inefficient departments ever. The system is broken either way and its not the way to operate, the whole process needs to be overhauled.

nztx
11-04-2024, 11:49 AM
From NTL's activity report back in January:

"New Talisman has all other approvals it needs to commence production and it is extremely frustrating that DOC has made little to no progress with our application for almost nine months"

Either a blatant misuse of power or one of the most inefficient departments ever. The system is broken either way and its not the way to operate, the whole process needs to be overhauled.

Hey come on now - with all their huts suffering varying forms of destruction, snail issues & now which papershufflers from the bundle are going overboard - did anyone expect any better ? ;)

Aside from their conservation of the bureaucrat's own corner spots in the small empire and protection of the lifestyles attached to that particular spot ;)

Agreed - it probably needs to be reviewed & reconstructed from the Bottom levels up to the top & a vast pruning session undertaken .. to purge all the dead, dying, diseased, rotten & unnecessary wood ..

silverblizzard888
11-04-2024, 11:57 AM
Hey come on now - with all their huts suffering varying forms of destruction, snail issues & now which papershufflers from the bundle are going overboard - did anyone expect any better ? ;)

Aside from their conservation of the bureaucrat's own corner spots in the small empire and protection of the lifestyles attached to that particular spot ;)

Agreed - it probably needs to be reviewed & reconstructed from the Bottom levels up to the top & a vast pruning session undertaken .. to purge all the dead, dying, diseased, rotten & unnecessary wood ..

Regardless of any issues or not, for an application to stay idle for over 9 months is crazy.

Toddy
11-04-2024, 01:55 PM
Regardless of any issues or not, for an application to stay idle for over 9 months is crazy.

You would have to be a pretty staunch supporter to believe this to be the case.

ThaiJohn
11-04-2024, 03:45 PM
DOC will be full of mung bean eating bearded women who look like Catherine Delahunty.
There day consists of sitting in a circle on the floor singing Kumbaya whilst one Morris dancer dances in circles around them.
Hence nothing gets done.

whatsup
11-04-2024, 04:27 PM
This was the same crowd that a few years ago when they had a damaged turtle bought to them which they then charged Kelly Tarltons to nurse back to health, once that was achieved they hired a plane flew it and several Doc representatives to Kaitaia , hires several cars picked up some Maori elders and drove to the North Cape where they said a prayer and Maori chants etc before releasing it, stayed the night in accommodation ( meals, taxis etc ) next day they all flew back to Auckland very pleased with themselves, when they could have boarded the ferry to Waiheke Is, stopped close to the Island and released it there, same outcome, turtle back in water and very happy at 1 100th of the cost. !!

No wonder they have run out of money.

dubya
11-04-2024, 05:03 PM
This mumbo jumbo tribal crap has been going on for years. It's no wonder we are the laughing stock in other countries.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/taniwha-halts-work-on-highway/L6PLP3QA2BC5HUNMMTNELTXGXI/#:~:text=A%20swamp%2Ddwelling%20taniwha%20has,Naho %2C%20a%20subtribe%20of%20Tainui

Let's hope no one sees a taniwha in the Karangahake Gorges Ohinemuri River!!!!

Toddy
11-04-2024, 05:15 PM
Has NTL received an invitation to the big fast track unveiling Party hosted by Jones.

It seems like everyone else has.

ThaiJohn
11-04-2024, 05:50 PM
Has NTL received an invitation to the big fast track unveiling Party hosted by Jones.

It seems like everyone else has.

I was hoping NTL might have front footed it and knock on his door for some assistance...

nztx
11-04-2024, 08:04 PM
DOC will be full of mung bean eating bearded women who look like Catherine Delahunty.
There day consists of sitting in a circle on the floor singing Kumbaya whilst one Morris dancer dances in circles around them.
Hence nothing gets done.

Very important in some circles to "Conserve" the Culture, even if SFA else gets done or happen in many many DOC moons ;)

Daytr
12-04-2024, 08:24 AM
Gold in NZD terms approaching $4,000 per ounce!

Sideshow Bob
12-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Gold in NZD terms approaching $4,000 per ounce!

Pity you didn't have a gold mine producing some of the stuff.....;)

Daytr
12-04-2024, 09:44 AM
Pity you didn't have a gold mine producing some of the stuff.....;)

Well if they start mining soonish those ounces will generate an additional NZD600 each!
Not bad!
My take is they will produce 2.5k - 3k ounces per annum so even based of 2.5k per annum that's an extra $1.5M of revenue.
Not bad on a company valued at $10M.

Landyman
15-04-2024, 07:46 AM
Knock Knock (DOC),
Who's there?
NTL
NTL who?

Exactly

Daytr
16-04-2024, 08:14 AM
Gold in NZD now $4,040 per ounce.
Just incredible

Landyman
18-04-2024, 08:05 AM
Gold in NZD now $4,040 per ounce.
Just incredible

If DOC does issue the consent soon, then I hope Jonu is ready to backup the truck and fill it up! Im happy to fly up and sit on a shovel if needed.

Daytr
18-04-2024, 08:30 AM
If DOC does issue the consent soon, then I hope Jonu is ready to backup the truck and fill it up! Im happy to fly up and sit on a shovel if needed.

More important is that truck has somewhere to go. I.e where will the concentrate be processed.
It's such a small quantity, its got to be worth the toll treaters while.

How much will they process at a time or will it be blended with the other miners ore and the grade estimated from samples.

haewai
18-04-2024, 08:41 AM
Yeah, not sure DOC can be blamed for no news on processing options

Daytr
18-04-2024, 09:21 AM
Yeah, not sure DOC can be blamed for no news on processing options

The access potentially could be delaying trial runs of concentrate through the toll treater's plant. But who knows.

Boazman
18-04-2024, 04:37 PM
Anyone else sick of seeing Substantial Holder Notice. Yes DOC is abysmally slow and has an ideologically driven staff member holding this up (prove me wrong) but anything please than Substantial Holder Notice

winner69
20-04-2024, 12:47 PM
Don’t know if this means anything but NTL didn’t get the letter

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/minister-releases-fast-track-stakeholder-list

Daytr
20-04-2024, 01:13 PM
Don’t know if this means anything but NTL didn’t get the letter

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/minister-releases-fast-track-stakeholder-list

NTL don't need resource consent so no fast track required. Quite incredible that DOC is taking this long. I hope we know all the facts.

haewai
20-04-2024, 07:57 PM
The previous fast track work was on resource consents. This Bill covers approvals from a much wider set of legislation, including the Conservation Act.
https://www.legislation.govt.nz/bill/government/2024/0031/latest/LMS943270.html

Anyone can apply using the Ministry for the Environment's form, not just those who got the letter. But the Bill needs to become an Act before anything really kicks off.

Daytr
22-04-2024, 10:35 AM
The previous fast track work was on resource consents. This Bill covers approvals from a much wider set of legislation, including the Conservation Act.
https://www.legislation.govt.nz/bill/government/2024/0031/latest/LMS943270.html

Anyone can apply using the Ministry for the Environment's form, not just those who got the letter. But the Bill needs to become an Act before anything really kicks off.

Bid up this morning.
Information leak?

I did a bit more analysis over the weekend & I have upped my forecast production to 3,500 toz p.a. at a guesstimate margin of production of NZD2,200 per toz. Generates $8M of free cash p.a.

Lots of assumptions and guestimates, the main two being they get DOC approval & have somewhere lined up to toll treat the concentrate.

Waikaka
22-04-2024, 11:19 AM
Bid up this morning.
Information leak?

I did a bit more analysis over the weekend & I have upped my forecast production to 3,500 toz p.a. at a guesstimate margin of production of NZD2,200 per toz. Generates $8M of free cash p.a.

Lots of assumptions and guestimates, the main two being they get DOC approval & have somewhere lined up to toll treat the concentrate.

As a comparison in quarter ending Dec 2023 Oceanagold at Waihi had:
1) Cash production costs NZD$/oz of $2282
2) Site ASIC (all in cost) was NZD$/oz of $3103

Average gold price at Waihi for the quarter was $3351 NZD$/oz

https://investors.oceanagold.com/2024-02-21-OceanaGold-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-and-Full-Year-2023-Operating-and-Financial-Results

Gold price - ASIC is $3351 - 3103 = $248 profit per ounce at Waihi. $248* your 3500oz number = $868,000 profit. Ignoring the fact that NTL will have much higher production costs with factoring in tolling. As well as costs getting the mine running. Gold prices may well be a bit higher when NTL get running but Waihi is a useful comparison that you might want to look at to get an idea of what NTL might actually make.

Daytr
22-04-2024, 11:29 AM
As a comparison in quarter ending Dec 2023 Oceanagold at Waihi had:
1) Cash production costs NZD$/oz of $2282
2) Site ASIC (all in cost) was NZD$/oz of $3103

Average gold price at Waihi for the quarter was $3351 NZD$/oz

https://investors.oceanagold.com/2024-02-21-OceanaGold-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-and-Full-Year-2023-Operating-and-Financial-Results

Gold price - ASIC is $3351 - 3103 = $248 profit per ounce at Waihi. $248* your 3500oz number = $868,000 profit. Ignoring the fact that NTL will have much higher production costs with factoring in tolling. As well as costs getting the mine running. Gold prices may well be a bit higher when NTL get running but Waihi is a useful comparison that you might want to look at to get an idea of what NTL might actually make.

I expect NTL's cost of production to be substantially lower than that. The concentration of ore to 60:1 before sending off for toll treatment should have a substantial impact on the cost of production.

The last estimate from the company was a cost of production of NZD1,500 per ounce, I have allowed for a reasonable increase on that.

If the margins were anything like you are comparing it to then there would be no point in the company pursuing production on such a small scale.

DAF
22-04-2024, 04:40 PM
With an allegation like that, the onus of proof is on you

DAF
22-04-2024, 04:42 PM

Toddy
22-04-2024, 06:01 PM

Agree. There is no evidence to continue to call our Government Departments useless.

We are just not aware of the facts with limited information being disclosed from both DOC and NTL management.

The shareholders don't even have any information regarding the processing strategy. What has the NTL management been doing over the last 6 months?

sandi
22-04-2024, 06:24 PM
I would have thought John would have given the shareholders an update by now.

Daytr
23-04-2024, 08:39 AM
I would have thought John would have given the shareholders an update by now.

Jonu was dismissive of Delahunty's claims that the access road needed to be widened, as she put it poorly, comparing it to a motorway.
But perhaps there is more to gaining access than we are lead to believe?
As you say, either way it would be good know.
Getting information is like a trip to the dentist!

Paint it Black
23-04-2024, 03:16 PM
Jonu was dismissive of Delahunty's claims that the access road needed to be widened, as she put it poorly, comparing it to a motorway.
But perhaps there is more to gaining access than we are lead to believe?
As you say, either way it would be good know.
Getting information is like a trip to the dentist!
My take is why give away 'intelligence' to the protestors. A bit of a balancing act between keeping shareholders informed and protestors even more ignorant. I'd be happier though if the imminent quarterly shows substantial progress with processing route.

Daytr
23-04-2024, 03:19 PM
My take is why give away 'intelligence' to the protestors. A bit of a balancing act between keeping shareholders informed and protestors even more ignorant. I'd be happier though if the imminent quarterly shows substantial progress with processing route.

Yep agreed

Landyman
23-04-2024, 03:53 PM
The imminent quarterly will need to show some news, as by last count, I think there is only enough funds to keep NTL going at current run-rate until the end of June. 31 Dec Cash circa 1.0m, whereas 30 Sept had circa 1.5m - cant remember if there were many one offs (Matty Hill matter??) in that 3 months, but 500k burn points to June = $0

Note half year report on NTL website for September 2023 still links back to September 2022 file.

Needing a miracle DOC signature soon!

But perhaps someone knows something, with NTL at a recent high of 2.3c!!!!

silverblizzard888
24-04-2024, 01:25 PM
Likely a capital raising soon, either at 2 cents in the next few months or a lot higher if the approval comes through, but the current capital likely won't be enough with the unplanned delays and increases in expenses.

Daytr
24-04-2024, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure how they have accounted for the $300K placement with Terra Firma or how much of that has been used.

I think a considerable amount of the $272K of admin expenses from the last report was paying out Matt Hill, but I'm not sure of the timing. Board expenses are very low.

I ballpark mining cost of around $280k to get the first 6 ton shipment of concentrate away.

So yep a small cap raise maybe required in the next few months, but I don't think it would only be imminent if they are about to outlay production costs.

If that's the case, I would prefer a small debt facility.

winner69
24-04-2024, 03:43 PM
What’s happened today ….yesterday it seemed that share price was heading to .024 but it’s falling

Paint it Black
26-04-2024, 11:56 AM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/430147/417397.pdf

So the quarterly is attached. Good updates thanks NTL showing good work but unfortunately fairly predictable re DOC delays and the likelihood of another capital raise. At least DOC acknowledge their processing of a straight forward access approval (which is basically a renewal) is unacceptable and undertake to provide a decision in June, The processing route decision will go to the Board in the near future with the possible use of a modular plant. Whether this is a concentrator or full processor is unclear.

Flugenbear
26-04-2024, 01:09 PM
It's incredible DOC have taken a year to consider renewal for site access. Something more sinister going on? Someone trying to block it within DOC? I have no idea but imagine how long a full mining permit might take based on this...
The new Minister needs to get the department working in a much more efficient manner.
I really feel for John and the NTL team having done so much good work to potentially being shafted by DOC.
Cash on hand won't last much longer so 100% sure another raise is coming in some form.

Daytr
26-04-2024, 01:10 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/430147/417397.pdf

So the quarterly is attached. Good updates thanks NTL showing good work but unfortunately fairly predictable re DOC delays and the likelihood of another capital raise. At least DOC acknowledge their processing of a straight forward access approval (which is basically a renewal) is unacceptable and undertake to provide a decision in June, The processing route decision will go to the Board in the near future with the possible use of a modular plant. Whether this is a concentrator or full processor is unclear.

Much more clarity in this report which is good to see.

I like the debt facility and it appears like the DOC approval is all but time.

Interesting that they couldn't come to terms on treatment of the concentrate. As mentioned, for many existing operations the small tonnage could be more hassle than its worth.

whatsup
26-04-2024, 01:52 PM
IMO I see despite DOC's best endeavours to to frustrate the approval process that the gold price has risen 35 % so thanks for the help and Im sure that with the pending possible C R it will be fully accepted.

Toddy
26-04-2024, 02:19 PM
What numbers/amount are shareholders picking for the capital raise requirements to carry them over until the cashflow covers outgoings?

Paint it Black
26-04-2024, 04:13 PM
What numbers/amount are shareholders picking for the capital raise requirements to carry them over until the cashflow covers outgoings?

My stab is. Shares issued 500 million.
Rights offer is 2 for 3 @ 2.0c and there is a 25% take up = $1.67 million. This assumes DOC approval in place and processing route established to make the 2.0c attractive.

sandi
26-04-2024, 04:37 PM
That's all very well, but will the mine ever get operating, it's going to be another year.

Daytr
26-04-2024, 04:41 PM
My stab is. Shares issued 500 million.
Rights offer is 2 for 3 @ 2.0c and there is a 25% take up = $1.67 million. This assumes DOC approval in place and processing route established to make the 2.0c attractive.

With the debt facility in place I would hope NTL would only need to raise half that amount or less I.e $500k ish.
Effectively they have $1.2M of liquidity at the moment with the bank facility and that's not accounting for the $200K placement with Terra Firma which I'm not sure is accounted for.

Perhaps Terra Firma might be up for another $500k if they have the processing route sorted. But that's being optimistic.

Paint it Black
26-04-2024, 05:17 PM
With the debt facility in place I would hope NTL would only need to raise half that amount or less I.e $500k ish.
Effectively they have $1.2M of liquidity at the moment with the bank facility and that's not accounting for the $200K placement with Terra Firma which I'm not sure is accounted for.

Perhaps Terra Firma might be up for another $500k if they have the processing route sorted. But that's being optimistic.

My read from the quarterly is Terra Firma needs to carry out another $200K worth of work for further shares. Obviously this relies on trust between the two parties to fairly evaluate the work done.

Daytr
26-04-2024, 06:29 PM
My read from the quarterly is Terra Firma needs to carry out another $200K worth of work for further shares. Obviously this relies on trust between the two parties to fairly evaluate the work done.

Sure, but I see it as a quick & clean way of raising necessary capital.
Having an overhang of a capital raise over the SP for a long period of time doesn't do anyone any favours.

Daytr
30-04-2024, 01:27 PM
So it's now a year since what was to be the final capital raise. We were also promised we would be mining and cashflow neutral by the end of 2023.

So what has actually been delivered in that time and how much money has been spent?

I just don't buy into DOC sitting on their hands for 12 months. Apparently the company raised this with Shane Jones last year & yet over 4 months later still no approval. Something doesn't sit right.

It was also disappointing to hear that the toll treatment option has fallen through, but apparently there are three other options. We just don't know how realistic those options are.

Personally I don't think the company should tap investors for more money or spend money on mining, even if they do get approval from DOC, until they have a confirmed way of treating the concentrate.

Toddy
30-04-2024, 02:03 PM
It sounds like there has been plenty of mining going on. To the point where the local Police (who they call their mates) told them to 'beef up' their own security.

Landyman
30-04-2024, 02:57 PM
Glass half full - things are close, and having Terra Firma effectively invested too means it promising
Glass half empty - Jonu (and previously Matt Hill) are the only people to get a return from NTL over previous years via salary.

Jonu has plenty of skin in the game though, given his number of shares.

Another CR will hurt, but it feels close - still a gamble, DYOR!

Daytr
30-04-2024, 04:08 PM
Glass half full - things are close, and having Terra Firma effectively invested too means it promising
Glass half empty - Jonu (and previously Matt Hill) are the only people to get a return from NTL over previous years via salary.

Jonu has plenty of skin in the game though, given his number of shares.

Another CR will hurt, but it feels close - still a gamble, DYOR!

Unfortunately I see the outcome as binary.
The DOC access I think will be granted but that's pointless if they don't have somewhere to process the concentrate.

As I have mentioned before the tiny tonnage isn't worth most considering toll treatment.
If they are lucky they can find a plant that they can blend the concentrate in with an existing operations process. But then the estimate of contained gold becomes an issue and if I'm the toll treater then it's going to be a conservative estimate on the contained gold & recoveries.

But it's all about finding someone that is worthwhile for them doing the toll treatment.

Good luck to all.

Toddy
30-04-2024, 04:22 PM
Maybe DOC wants to see the business plan too. It would not be unreasonable for them to have to sign off on the earth and elements once they are out of the mine aswell.

Elia
30-04-2024, 04:36 PM
Maybe DOC wants to see the business plan too. It would not be unreasonable for them to have to sign off on the earth and elements once they are out of the mine aswell.

Plenty of old mine tunnels and shafts to fill.

Boazman
30-04-2024, 04:59 PM
Well govts DO actually get there. Glacial pace but NT govt has just signed off on helium deal. Obv not DOC situation but have take some heart from it.

whatsup
03-05-2024, 11:56 AM
Today NTL has applied for the fast track legislation to get things moving, well done, let it happen as it should.

haewai
03-05-2024, 12:49 PM
Wonder what that says about likelihood of DOC approval under current process.

Daytr
03-05-2024, 02:44 PM
Wonder what that says about likelihood of DOC approval under current process.

Not much I would say.
It's all very odd to me.

I hope the company is being fully transparent with its shareholders.
Not sure how NTL qualifies as 'significant' either.

If it was just a bureaucratic hold up, surely the the chat to Shane Jones or the Minister would have been enough.

I got out again a few days ago for a small profit.
It's dragged on for a year & the updates have been generally information light.
As I have said before.
What has NTL actually achieved in a year?
Far better places for my money.

silverblizzard888
03-05-2024, 06:48 PM
Well nothing to lose by applying to be fast tracked, because if they wait till June and DOC decides otherwise then it'll be the plan anyway.

Daytr
03-05-2024, 07:00 PM
Well nothing to lose by applying to be fast tracked, because if they wait till June and DOC decides otherwise then it'll be the plan anyway.

Yep fair comment.
Why do you say June?
They still need to find somewhere to treat the concentrate.
Anyway good luck.

silverblizzard888
03-05-2024, 09:14 PM
Yep fair comment.
Why do you say June?
They still need to find somewhere to treat the concentrate.
Anyway good luck.

In their last activities announcement they said "Today DOC have advised that we can now expect a decision in June." There is also the potential that DOC delays there decision even though they have said they said June and drags it on, so either way applying for fast tracking is a good back up plan.

Regarding a processing site they say they will be presenting the board with an outcome in a few weeks "Unfortunately, we were not able to finalise a deal with our preferred processing site, but have identified three further promising alternatives. We are progressing discussion on these options and expect to be presenting those to the Board in the coming weeks."

If approval does come through then probably expect a capital raising in the range of $1.5m-$2m.

Daytr
03-05-2024, 09:31 PM
In their last activities announcement they said "Today DOC have advised that we can now expect a decision in June." There is also the potential that DOC delays there decision even though they have said they said June and drags it on, so either way applying for fast tracking is a good back up plan.

Regarding a processing site they say they will be presenting the board with an outcome in a few weeks "Unfortunately, we were not able to finalise a deal with our preferred processing site, but have identified three further promising alternatives. We are progressing discussion on these options and expect to be presenting those to the Board in the coming weeks."

If approval does come through then probably expect a capital raising in the range of $1.5m-$2m.

Thanks.
So we are now in May. A decision from DOC in the next 6 weeks or so.
So it begs the question why go the fast tracking route?
Either way, it will come out in the wash hopefully sooner rather than later.

blackcap
03-05-2024, 09:32 PM
Thanks.
So we are now in May. A decision from DOC in the next 6 weeks or so.
So it begs the question why go the fast tracking route?
Either way, it will come out in the wash hopefully sooner rather than later.

Isn't the DOC thing for bulk sampling only?

The fast track thing goes for full permit or am I missing something?

Paint it Black
03-05-2024, 10:37 PM
Isn't the DOC thing for bulk sampling only?

The fast track thing goes for full permit or am I missing something?

Yes that's my understanding. The resource consent for bulk sampling has been in the bag for years - just need to get DOC's access sign off (renewal) then NTL will trigger it. The full consent will be for the fast track.

Daytr
04-05-2024, 08:22 AM
Yes that's my understanding. The resource consent for bulk sampling has been in the bag for years - just need to get DOC's access sign off (renewal) then NTL will trigger it. The full consent will be for the fast track.

It could well be but how do you know that from the announcement? That would be a significant change in strategy and as such you would think it would be stated.

Paint it Black
04-05-2024, 09:08 AM
It could well be but how do you know that from the announcement? That would be a significant change in strategy and as such you would think it would be stated.
As there is no change in strategy why say so. Where do you think there has been one?

Daytr
04-05-2024, 09:18 AM
As there is no change in strategy why say so. Where do you think there has been one?

I think if they are going for a full mining permit rather than just bulk sampling then that's a significant development.

Anyway it will come out in the proverbial wash.

I broke one of my investment rules when buying into this stock & that is trust in the management and it was nagging me constantly. Anyway I'm out now & I hope it works out for everyone else.

I might look at a re-enter when they do the cap raise if there is more certainty around access and processing.
I suspect it will need to be around 1.8c again, but that will depend on how much certainty & what prospects look like, if far more positive then perhaps 2c.

Remember the last capital raise a year ago was the last hurrah. Into mining, cashflow neutral or positive by the end of 2023.
I wonder how the next capital raise will be worded?

Landyman
06-05-2024, 01:22 PM
I wonder if Mr Brown will stump up another $1m to try to get it there - he must have deep pockets

Elia
14-05-2024, 03:43 PM
They are going to produce a 65% concentrate underground and then ship. If it can be achieved they should have very low production costs.

Has it been confirmed that this is going to happen ? If so, I understand that it would mean that a 1 tonne ute could take a tonne of concentrate to a refinery anywhere in NZ in about 24 hours. 1 tonne is 35,274 ounces. 65% of that is about 23,000 ounces which at todays price is valued at over $50 million. Now this all sounds too good to be true, but I can't see where I have gone wrong in my calculations. Any comments ?

Daytr
14-05-2024, 04:02 PM
Has it been confirmed that this is going to happen ? If so, I understand that it would mean that a 1 tonne ute could take a tonne of concentrate to a refinery anywhere in NZ in about 24 hours. 1 tonne is 35,274 ounces. 65% of that is about 23,000 ounces which at todays price is valued at over $50 million. Now this all sounds too good to be true, but I can't see where I have gone wrong in my calculations. Any comments ?

No it was wrong as I agreed it latter posts.
It's a 1% concentrate under the current plan.

Getty
15-05-2024, 09:01 AM

Even if the percentage is
1 instead of 65, your exercise is useful.

It doesn't matter if the dollars are divided by 65, or the tonnage is multiplied by 65, it goes to show that existing traffic restrictions on NTL for the road, and 1 way bridge onto the main highway are no impediment.
There would be no justification for DOC or anyone else to suggest the road needs widening.

My wheelbarrow is ready.

ThaiJohn
16-05-2024, 11:00 PM
Where are we at? I've been sunning myself on the beach at Nai Harn. Have we struck the gold stuff yet? ��

nztx
16-05-2024, 11:54 PM
Where are we at? I've been sunning myself on the beach at Nai Harn. Have we struck the gold stuff yet? ��

there was some in the sky the other night off some cosmic rays interacting with moonbeams ;)

sandi
18-05-2024, 12:13 PM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/516729/gold-miner-wants-consent-after-already-starting-work
Very interesting!

Toddy
18-05-2024, 12:59 PM
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/516729/gold-miner-wants-consent-after-already-starting-work
Very interesting!
Nothing like NTL situation. This is open cast mining, basically turning over river gravels next to the Clutha river. And can be put back to previous state very easily.

This should be an easy yes.

Daytr
18-05-2024, 01:08 PM
This could be the answer to why the DOC consent is taking so long. Oceana not NTL but still DOC land in the Coromandal that is being impacted.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/a-gold-rush-fast-tracked-musicians-join-fight-against-mining-beneath-coromandel-conservation-land/6ZK3EVVVMBHVRMMO64E435IAXM/

sandi
18-05-2024, 01:16 PM
Oops posted the wrong article.

jonu
23-05-2024, 04:28 PM
John Upperton
NTL Director

This report in Inside Resources of Shane Jones' speech in Blackball today should be of interest to NTL shareholders.

Jones sets out minerals vision
Colin Williscroft - Thu, 23 May 2024

Resources Minister Shane Jones laid out his plans to double the export value of the minerals sector by 2035 at an event in Blackball this afternoon.

Minerals currently generate annual export earnings of $1 billion, $21 million in royalties and more than 5000 direct jobs.

Jones says the Government anticipates accelerating the sector's growth through existing minerals like gold and coking coal, but also new minerals important to clean energy technologies.

“My goal is for the sector to double its export value to $2 billion by 2035, provide more than 7000 direct jobs across regional New Zealand and support other sectors through the stable supply of essential minerals,” he says.

“This is not out of reach. The establishment of 10 significant mining operations, each having the potential to generate $100m per annum, can lead this growth pathway.”

Potential

To unlock that potential, mining needs to happen in the right place, in the right way and in partnership with tangata whenua and local communities, he says in notes for his speech.

At present, policy and regulatory settings don’t allow that.

Jones says New Zealand has long lacked clear policy direction on minerals extraction, making it harder to create enabling policies and creating investment uncertainty.

“This changes now.”

Strategy

He says the Government will develop a long-term strategic approach for minerals that sets clear policy direction, identifying the actions needed to secure and increase minerals supply and their potential for use and export to maximise economic and Crown benefit from the mineral estate.

As part of that, a Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment draft minerals strategy to 2040 discussion document was released this afternoon.

The final strategy will include clarifying where mining can occur.

“Schedule 4 land is off the table under my watch – but not all conservation land is equal,” Jones says.

“I support sustainable and environmentally approved mining on stewardship land and other categories of DoC land. A major priority is to clarify access arrangements for mineral extraction.”

Regulatory barriers

He says to allow efficient mining development, red tape needs to be removed.

“The sector is impacted by the revolving list of regulatory barriers which currently exist, because we’ve never had a solid plan that we stick to.”

He says the length of time it takes to deliver mining projects is proving costly – in inflated costs, delays and in terms of New Zealand’s international reputation as a place for doing business.

Much of that relates to the state of the Resource Management Act, he says, but the country has also suffered from negative signals through changes to Crown minerals laws and unclear positions on conservation law.

“The past several decades have seen mining promoters sidelined or stigmatised. It is high time that the tables were turned and facts replaced tales of woe and exaggeration.

“We all want wealth and resilience. Trade-offs are necessary. Mitigation is the key to achieving balance.”

Consent pathways

Jones says the Government wants to enable major projects by improving decision-making timeframes and giving greater investment certainty, with well-designed projects having a clear and fast path to consent.

While the Fast-track Approvals Bill is already before Parliament, he says more work is needed across all the legislation and approvals required by miners when they are working outside the fast-track process.

“That doesn’t mean we can drop the ball on environmental protections, rehabilitation or our people – all these things need to coexist together.

“I want to see mining making a positive difference to our iwi and hapū across the country, enabling better access to cultural minerals, creating more jobs and ensuring long-term benefits flow to our community.”

Domestic resilience

Jones also wants to improve domestic resilience for the minerals the country needs.

“New Zealand has a wealth of mineral resources and I would rather we extract from our own backyard than be left with no choice but to import from places with lower environmental and employment standards.

He says domestic resilience will create more jobs and ensure minerals come with high environmental credentials.

“To do this, we first need to improve our understanding of what minerals we have, where they are and what we need.

“What are the minerals needs of New Zealand now and in the future, and are those supplies secure and affordable?”

He says the Government will develop a list of critical minerals for New Zealand to answer those questions.

“Developing actions to secure a better supply of these minerals will start in our own back yard. This Government will invest in geological modelling and resource potential mapping of our mineral resources so we can answer these questions.”

Supply chains

Another focus for Jones is to increase New Zealand’s contributions to global supply chains.

The International Energy Agency estimates that to reach net-zero emissions by 2050, the world will need six times more minerals for low- emission technology than are currently being extracted.

“I want New Zealand to be part of the solution.

“There is no energy transition without minerals - no batteries, no electric cars, no wind turbines and no solar panels.”

He says New Zealand has a choice to contribute to and benefit from this growing market, or to become the recipients of other people’s economic effort and output.

“The transition to a low-emissions economy provides us with an opportunity to trade our mineral reserves, but we need to act now.

“Our trade partners are asking us to contribute to secure, resilient, and sustainable global supply chains, because current supply chains are vulnerable to disruption.”

He says with the right direction and settings, mining will boost regional opportunities and jobs, increase New Zealand’s self sufficiency and be a critical part of an export-led focus “especially as we take advantage of the global opportunities for new minerals uses”.

ThaiJohn
23-05-2024, 07:43 PM
Some good positive news from Jones.

Paint it Black
23-05-2024, 09:18 PM
Some good positive news from Jones.
A breath of fresh air from Shane. Exactly what NZ needs to shake it out of it's lethargy. Hopefully he is making this message loud and clear to the bureaucrats - get your big stamps out now otherwise it is outski!

Baa_Baa
23-05-2024, 09:23 PM
John Upperton
NTL Director

This report in Inside Resources of Shane Jones' speech in Blackball today should be of interest to NTL shareholders.

Jones sets out minerals vision
Colin Williscroft - Thu, 23 May 2024

Resources Minister Shane Jones laid out his plans to double the export value of the minerals sector by 2035 at an event in Blackball this afternoon.

Minerals currently generate annual export earnings of $1 billion, $21 million in royalties and more than 5000 direct jobs.

Jones says the Government anticipates accelerating the sector's growth through existing minerals like gold and coking coal, but also new minerals important to clean energy technologies.

“My goal is for the sector to double its export value to $2 billion by 2035, provide more than 7000 direct jobs across regional New Zealand and support other sectors through the stable supply of essential minerals,” he says.

“This is not out of reach. The establishment of 10 significant mining operations, each having the potential to generate $100m per annum, can lead this growth pathway.”

Potential

To unlock that potential, mining needs to happen in the right place, in the right way and in partnership with tangata whenua and local communities, he says in notes for his speech.

At present, policy and regulatory settings don’t allow that.

Jones says New Zealand has long lacked clear policy direction on minerals extraction, making it harder to create enabling policies and creating investment uncertainty.

“This changes now.”

Strategy

He says the Government will develop a long-term strategic approach for minerals that sets clear policy direction, identifying the actions needed to secure and increase minerals supply and their potential for use and export to maximise economic and Crown benefit from the mineral estate.

As part of that, a Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment draft minerals strategy to 2040 discussion document was released this afternoon.

The final strategy will include clarifying where mining can occur.

“Schedule 4 land is off the table under my watch – but not all conservation land is equal,” Jones says.

“I support sustainable and environmentally approved mining on stewardship land and other categories of DoC land. A major priority is to clarify access arrangements for mineral extraction.”

Regulatory barriers

He says to allow efficient mining development, red tape needs to be removed.

“The sector is impacted by the revolving list of regulatory barriers which currently exist, because we’ve never had a solid plan that we stick to.”

He says the length of time it takes to deliver mining projects is proving costly – in inflated costs, delays and in terms of New Zealand’s international reputation as a place for doing business.

Much of that relates to the state of the Resource Management Act, he says, but the country has also suffered from negative signals through changes to Crown minerals laws and unclear positions on conservation law.

“The past several decades have seen mining promoters sidelined or stigmatised. It is high time that the tables were turned and facts replaced tales of woe and exaggeration.

“We all want wealth and resilience. Trade-offs are necessary. Mitigation is the key to achieving balance.”

Consent pathways

Jones says the Government wants to enable major projects by improving decision-making timeframes and giving greater investment certainty, with well-designed projects having a clear and fast path to consent.

While the Fast-track Approvals Bill is already before Parliament, he says more work is needed across all the legislation and approvals required by miners when they are working outside the fast-track process.

“That doesn’t mean we can drop the ball on environmental protections, rehabilitation or our people – all these things need to coexist together.

“I want to see mining making a positive difference to our iwi and hapū across the country, enabling better access to cultural minerals, creating more jobs and ensuring long-term benefits flow to our community.”

Domestic resilience

Jones also wants to improve domestic resilience for the minerals the country needs.

“New Zealand has a wealth of mineral resources and I would rather we extract from our own backyard than be left with no choice but to import from places with lower environmental and employment standards.

He says domestic resilience will create more jobs and ensure minerals come with high environmental credentials.

“To do this, we first need to improve our understanding of what minerals we have, where they are and what we need.

“What are the minerals needs of New Zealand now and in the future, and are those supplies secure and affordable?”

He says the Government will develop a list of critical minerals for New Zealand to answer those questions.

“Developing actions to secure a better supply of these minerals will start in our own back yard. This Government will invest in geological modelling and resource potential mapping of our mineral resources so we can answer these questions.”

Supply chains

Another focus for Jones is to increase New Zealand’s contributions to global supply chains.

The International Energy Agency estimates that to reach net-zero emissions by 2050, the world will need six times more minerals for low- emission technology than are currently being extracted.

“I want New Zealand to be part of the solution.

“There is no energy transition without minerals - no batteries, no electric cars, no wind turbines and no solar panels.”

He says New Zealand has a choice to contribute to and benefit from this growing market, or to become the recipients of other people’s economic effort and output.

“The transition to a low-emissions economy provides us with an opportunity to trade our mineral reserves, but we need to act now.

“Our trade partners are asking us to contribute to secure, resilient, and sustainable global supply chains, because current supply chains are vulnerable to disruption.”

He says with the right direction and settings, mining will boost regional opportunities and jobs, increase New Zealand’s self sufficiency and be a critical part of an export-led focus “especially as we take advantage of the global opportunities for new minerals uses”.

Thanks for sharing John, I think you might be only one of two C'levels who communicate with us on Sharetrader. I think that what shareholders might be more interested in is how this affects NTL, like are you on the bandwagon and hit-list for government attention and fast tracking, or at least moving your NTL consents etc towards production?

Landyman
24-05-2024, 08:40 AM
DOC "decision" - its almost June - tick tock.

Toddy
27-05-2024, 10:58 AM
I see that Canadian listed Rua Gold got exploration approval from DOC to explore 4600ha of Coromandel bush.

What's the hold up here given that NTL is shovel ready.

Landyman
27-05-2024, 11:28 AM
What is this green arrow I see next to NTL?!?!!?

Ha, nice to see some consistent upwards price pressure, albeit on small volumes still.

blackcap
27-05-2024, 01:01 PM
I see that Canadian listed Rua Gold got exploration approval from DOC to explore 4600ha of Coromandel bush.

What's the hold up here given that NTL is shovel ready.

I guess there is a difference between flying a drone over a bit of land and doing some mapping, thank blasting, drilling etc?

ThaiJohn
28-05-2024, 12:31 PM
Increased my holding today. Go you good thing.

Toddy
28-05-2024, 05:19 PM
Who gets Mat Hills former NTL exec, 100k fine money for his misleading contributions to Share trader.

dubya
28-05-2024, 05:22 PM
Who gets Mat Hills former NTL exec, 100k fine money for his misleading contributions to Share trader.

Where did you see that it was a $100,000 fine??

Snow Leopard
28-05-2024, 05:24 PM
https://www.miragenews.com/nzs-matthew-hill-fined-100k-for-financial-1243894/

blackcap
28-05-2024, 05:47 PM
From the horse's mouth so to speak but no mention of who gets the proceeds. My guess is the FMA?

https://www.fma.govt.nz/news/all-releases/media-releases/matthew-hill-to-pay-100000-penalty/

whatsup
28-05-2024, 05:53 PM
Well done FMA one of many over the years imho.

nztx
28-05-2024, 06:27 PM
From the horse's mouth so to speak but no mention of who gets the proceeds. My guess is the FMA?

https://www.fma.govt.nz/news/all-releases/media-releases/matthew-hill-to-pay-100000-penalty/

Probably .. but they might have to find out which rock he's hiding under across the ditch first :)

ThaiJohn
28-05-2024, 07:42 PM
Bet that hurt Matty.
I miss your late night drunken ramblings to me.

Landyman
29-05-2024, 08:01 AM
Good things come to those who wait!!! 2024 shaping up nicely
1. Matty Hill gets his
2. DOC sign off potentially in June
3. Will we see gold too? - cash flow neutral or maybe even positive

I may just have to dip my toe in a little more.

Certainly a happy start to the day reading this - I wonder if we will see Angry Matt post again. While we shouldnt focus on the negative, we should highlight the good work done by the moderator here, and potentially change name of the thread for a week "Matty Hill gets the bash"

dubya
29-05-2024, 09:48 AM
Add his legal fees over the last (almost) 4 years. I reckon his actual cost would be about double what his fine was.

Daytr
29-05-2024, 09:53 AM
Good things come to those who wait!!! 2024 shaping up nicely
1. Matty Hill gets his
2. DOC sign off potentially in June
3. Will we see gold too? - cash flow neutral or maybe even positive

I may just have to dip my toe in a little more.

Certainly a happy start to the day reading this - I wonder if we will see Angry Matt post again. While we shouldnt focus on the negative, we should highlight the good work done by the moderator here, and potentially change name of the thread for a week "Matty Hill gets the bash"

You forgot to add the capital raise if they get further progress with DOC and I would still like to know that they have a toll treatment agreement in place.
Not much point mining it if you can't process the concentrate.

nztx
29-05-2024, 11:56 AM
Looks like the SP is off to the races - was it final rites being declared over the Hill, motions on licence to remove stuff from under Hill, or something else ? ;)

Toddy
29-05-2024, 12:14 PM
Lots of flu going around at the moment. It probably just gold fever.

whatsup
29-05-2024, 05:52 PM

Can someone repost one of his more outrageous posting for all to see ?

nztx
29-05-2024, 06:22 PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/a/environment/350294473/national-park-mining-venture-results-12000-fine

National park mining venture results in $12,000 fine

Nott there - silly nugget ;)

Landyman
30-05-2024, 11:02 AM
New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (NTL) is pleased to advise that NTL Independent
Director Richard Tacon has agreed to provide a $300,000 unsecured loan
facility carrying an interest rate of 19% per annum to support NTL with
short-term cashflow pending the Company's intended capital raise in June

Ouch

dubya
30-05-2024, 11:42 AM
This is about the 6th time I've put this up. History just keeps repeating and some people never learn.
Newbies beware!!!!

nztx
30-05-2024, 12:35 PM
must be a smell of gold somewhere if dough is eagerly being lent into the tin @ extortionate usance rates of 19% ;)

Joshuatree
30-05-2024, 01:58 PM
From the Chairman's address

Ventilation fan installed

All infrastructure to commence mining is complete

Results of samples from Mystery vein to be released in the coming days

Pilot processing plant on the water and due to arrive later this month

Go you good things! (that bit is from me)
This from 2018

dubya
30-05-2024, 02:01 PM
This from 2018

Delusional then - and still is today!!!

blackcap
30-05-2024, 02:04 PM
This from 2018

JT, your post could be interpreted that Jonu was the Chairman then, which he definitely was not.

dubya
30-05-2024, 02:16 PM
This from 2018

Delusional then - and still is today!!!

Here's some more of his bragging (now embarrassing) posts from that period. ALL figures prior to the 1:10 share consolidation. Do your own math when it comes to prices mentioned :scared: :scared: :scared:

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?8988-NTL-New-Talisman-Mine-New-board-amp-Directors&p=972735&viewfull=1#post972735

Landyman
30-05-2024, 08:14 PM
Will be interesting to see what the SP does over next month with imminent CR which will be at some discount to the VWAP. On the plus, they will hopefully get DOC consent, weighing on the down is processing and extraction.

19% - you can take some of my money!!! Shares are effectively unsecured too - as could lose it all if venture fails.

Daytr
31-05-2024, 12:38 PM
Will be interesting to see what the SP does over next month with imminent CR which will be at some discount to the VWAP. On the plus, they will hopefully get DOC consent, weighing on the down is processing and extraction.

19% - you can take some of my money!!! Shares are effectively unsecured too - as could lose it all if venture fails.

Certainly interesting couple of days.
Company out of money so gets an unsecured director's loan. If it's only for a month the 19% really means nothing.

It's a brave call by the director to go unsecured seeing there is still so much to get over the line before a CR can be performed.

I found it strange that there was buying up to 2.7c recently when everyone knows a CR is coming. I did wonder if it's to raise the average SP and hence the price of the CR. Before they were probably looking at 1.7c - 1.8c at best.

The amount raised I assume is going to be reasonably significant to pay for a plant. I had assumed before that Terra Firma would be providing the crushing & grinding plant, but apparently not.

So $300K of the CR is already spoken for, plus cost of a plant, plus enough funding to last them 6 months? 12 months? Whilst mining.
I assume there will also money on mine refurbishment, dust extraction etc.

They had $190K I believe still in credit with Terra Firma but that will be chewed up pretty quickly.

The last capital raise was supposed to get them into production. How would have this been possible without a plant? Something doesn't add up to me.

I suspect the CR will need to be north of $2M perhaps even up to $3M

nztx
31-05-2024, 01:23 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/432158/420047.pdf

NEW TALISMAN SIGNS HEADS OF AGREEMENT WITH TERRA FIRMA MINING FOR TALISMAN ORE PROCESSING

Pre motion motions being signed up .. bound to excite some :)

Daytr
01-06-2024, 11:42 AM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/432158/420047.pdf

NEW TALISMAN SIGNS HEADS OF AGREEMENT WITH TERRA FIRMA MINING FOR TALISMAN ORE PROCESSING

Pre motion motions being signed up .. bound to excite some :)

Subject to all the sign-offs and toll processing options that shareholders have been waiting 15 months for. 15 months!

haewai
02-06-2024, 10:41 AM
I'm a bit confused. TFM is provide the land, but do they have it already? It says there is 'clarity on the site to be used for processing'' so I suppose it exists.
With the line 'TFM to process Talisman ore' I guess this mean TFM will be responsible for sorting consents to use the land, if it exists, for processing.

dubya
02-06-2024, 12:48 PM
I'm a bit confused. TFM is provide the land, but do they have it already? It says there is 'clarity on the site to be used for processing'' so I suppose it exists.
With the line 'TFM to process Talisman ore' I guess this mean TFM will be responsible for sorting consents to use the land, if it exists, for processing.

It's just more smoke and mirrors in my opinion.
How can anyone in their right mind have money tied up in a company like this that never seems to provide clarity.

This is copied from a poster on another site. It was in response to the "Terra Firma Heads Of Agreement".

"""" i knew i had seen this story before, they announced the basically the same thing in 2019

Following the identification of the initial site for the pilot plant and application for resource consent in February 2019, the company’s mining contractor Terra Firma Mining Limited offered use of its industrial site for the purpose of operating the plant. Due to the Terra Firma owned site location and other security and logistical benefits NTL approved the proposal.

Terra Firma milking NTL since 2019 at least.

The board should remember its NTL shareholders not Terra Firma (or Mr 19% p.a.) that need to see a return... """

jonu
02-06-2024, 03:03 PM
It's just more smoke and mirrors in my opinion.
How can anyone in their right mind have money tied up in a company like this that never seems to provide clarity.

This is copied from a poster on another site. It was in response to the "Terra Firma Heads Of Agreement".

"""" i knew i had seen this story before, they announced the basically the same thing in 2019

Following the identification of the initial site for the pilot plant and application for resource consent in February 2019, the company’s mining contractor Terra Firma Mining Limited offered use of its industrial site for the purpose of operating the plant. Due to the Terra Firma owned site location and other security and logistical benefits NTL approved the proposal.

Terra Firma milking NTL since 2019 at least.

The board should remember its NTL shareholders not Terra Firma (or Mr 19% p.a.) that need to see a return... """

dubya, the quote you reference presumably pertained to the pilot plant and a decision made by the previous Board. Why this in any way should be used to infer Terra Firma is "milking" NTL is highly unfair and unwarranted. You might also consider who the likely poster on HC really is.

I have to be extremely careful in my interactions on this thread, but need to remind you that the current Board has all been elected within the last 2 years with strong shareholder support. It is no secret we have been greatly delayed by DoC, we have relayed that to the market and made our frustrations known to the department and the new Ministers. I don't know whether you are a current shareholder, or a disgruntled former holder from the time of the previous Board, but anyone who has followed NTL since the change in 2021 will be aware of this.

Oh, and BTW, Mr "19%" put up an unsecured 300k loan facility to support short-term cashflow for the company. I can't think of another instance of a Director showing such confidence in a company. I have found it extraordinary that people have viewed that negatively.

Thanks to all holders for the support.

John Upperton
NTL Director

Lion
02-06-2024, 03:47 PM
Upvote jonu
Downvote dubya

ThaiJohn
02-06-2024, 04:32 PM
" I can't think of another instance of a Director showing such confidence in a company. I have found it extraordinary that people have viewed that negatively."

My thoughts as well.

Daytr
02-06-2024, 05:14 PM
" I can't think of another instance of a Director showing such confidence in a company. I have found it extraordinary that people have viewed that negatively."

My thoughts as well.

It's good they got the $300k.
It's not good they needed it.
We are in June, so apparently this month there will be a CR this month to pay it back plus fund the plant & mining operations until they get some casflow.

But thats if & its a big if they get the major obstacles over the line that Shareholders have been waiting 15 months for.
What are the odds that the company has these obstacles resolved in the next four weeks?

ThaiJohn
02-06-2024, 06:34 PM
It's good they got the $300k.
It's not good they needed it.
We are in June, so apparently this month there will be a CR this month to pay it back plus fund the plant & mining operations until they get some casflow.

But thats if & its a big if they get the major obstacles over the line that Shareholders have been waiting 15 months for.
What are the odds that the company has these obstacles resolved in the next four weeks?

Cant disagree. But I'm just saying if a Director is prepared to throw some money at it he must be able to see something good on the near horizon. Well I bloody hope so anyway.

Daytr
03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Cant disagree. But I'm just saying if a Director is prepared to throw some money at it he must be able to see something good on the near horizon. Well I bloody hope so anyway.

Not sure there was any option otherwise.
Can't raise money, can't get money from a bank & they are out of money. My only surprise is he went unsecured.

I think that's a good name for the company going forward.
New Hope.

Anyway good luck to all.
Apparently you will know everything within 4 weeks.

Weta
03-06-2024, 06:17 PM
Flipped off all my .018 shares (including oversubscription) purchased in the last CR on Friday for .024. Happy to bank a nice little profit on them.

Still holding my original (very red) shares for the future. Got to have some in the portfolio to qualify for the next CR if it looks tempting.

Since our top shareholder already has about 20% of the company, won't that severely hamper him from taking part in any further in CR's?

I suppose he could only acquire up to 20% of any new shares, but how could he know how many to subscribe for?

Hawkeye
05-06-2024, 01:09 PM
Subject to all the sign-offs and toll processing options that shareholders have been waiting 15 months for. 15 months!

I know right! Super fast!
Oh wait are you meaning that negatively? Some of us had been waiting for the old management and board to do something for over a decade. a decade!!!!

Hawkeye
05-06-2024, 01:16 PM
Flipped off all my .018 shares (including oversubscription) purchased in the last CR on Friday for .024. Happy to bank a nice little profit on them.

Still holding my original (very red) shares for the future. Got to have some in the portfolio to qualify for the next CR if it looks tempting.

Since our top shareholder already has about 20% of the company, won't that severely hamper him from taking part in any further in CR's?

I suppose he could only acquire up to 20% of any new shares, but how could he know how many to subscribe for?

Good question.... surely the company would know the dilemma and allow him to apply last minute with all the relevant data, if anyone slips in behind him it would only be minor dilution.

Daytr
06-06-2024, 12:35 PM
I know right! Super fast!
Oh wait are you meaning that negatively? Some of us had been waiting for the old management and board to do something for over a decade. a decade!!!!

Let's just say I'm skeptical...

Landyman
06-06-2024, 02:30 PM
How hard is efficient ore processing? Has Terra Firma done this before, have the staff and infrastructure to handle it? A step forward for sure, but toll processing would have avoided upfront costs - guess it just wasnt possible.

ThaiJohn
06-06-2024, 04:16 PM
Just waiting on news that they have pulled s*it out of the ground and its ready for processing. That'll be enough to kick the SP in the arse northwards.
*cracks another Beer Leo*

Landyman
06-06-2024, 05:08 PM
Just waiting on news that they have pulled s*it out of the ground and its ready for processing. That'll be enough to kick the SP in the arse northwards.

I will join Jonu for a beer when it happens!!!

Daytr
06-06-2024, 06:20 PM

Well only if that concentrate has somewhere to go to toll treated otherwise it's just more shareholder's money spent without reward.

ThaiJohn
06-06-2024, 06:55 PM
Yeah but that news alone, of progress, be it a little should cause a bit of excitement.

Landyman
11-06-2024, 07:56 AM
1/3 of the way through June - DOC sign-off due this month. Good time to do a CR.

After playing this thing for close to 20yrs, Im in - still a gamble, but worth a crack. What happens to SP over next few weeks, and where the CR gets placed will be interesting.

Daytr
11-06-2024, 08:10 AM
1/3 of the way through June - DOC sign-off due this month. Good time to do a CR.

After playing this thing for close to 20yrs, Im in - still a gamble, but worth a crack. What happens to SP over next few weeks, and where the CR gets placed will be interesting.

Yeah I'm just wondering who is buying when they know a CR is coming.

Landyman
11-06-2024, 09:53 AM
Historically, CR has been at a discount to the average trades over previous month - given that we have seen elevated prices recently, Im picking they may try to issue at $0.020 - then how much do they need to buy the kit and get the infrastructure set for Terra Firma to produce the good stuff.
We may finally see/hear some forecasts.

Cashflow positive is just around the corner, especially if the CR is successful.

Daytr
11-06-2024, 11:09 AM
Historically, CR has been at a discount to the average trades over previous month - given that we have seen elevated prices recently, Im picking they may try to issue at $0.020 - then how much do they need to buy the kit and get the infrastructure set for Terra Firma to produce the good stuff.
We may finally see/hear some forecasts.

Cashflow positive is just around the corner, especially if the CR is successful.

NTL is at critical juncture.
There has been promise made that some pretty significant hurdles to be overcome in a matter of weeks that shareholders have been waiting over a year for.

Without these hurdles being ticked of can they actually raise money for the same purpose they raised money a year ago?
They raised $1.7M plus the $300K to Terra Firma inlieu of future payments for work.
Seems to be a big burn rate considering how little they have achieved.
At the end of March they had $592K of cash, so it's a bit surprising only two months later they needed to tap a Director for $300K especially considering they have instructed Terra Firma to halt further work.
Maybe the $300K is partly to pay whoever ot is to do the CR, as the fees are usually substantial.

So what if only some or none of those are achieved in the next three weeks?
Remember they have promised to have access & a treatment option for the concentrate before raising further capital, which to be honest is only reasonable considering the last CR was supposed to fund all that through to being cashflow neutral or positive six months ago.
How long is a $300K loan going to last?

Landyman
11-06-2024, 11:54 AM
How much the processing plant will cost (for TFM to operate) is unknown to shareholders.
How long to decide on what unit they want, then ship it, install it, and test it - how long?? How much?

ThaiJohn
13-06-2024, 11:51 AM
Mutter mutter ..are we there yet

Toddy
13-06-2024, 11:59 AM
Mutter mutter ..are we there yet

Check out the spread today. This normally indicates that there are buyers or sellers who are more informed than the market.

Landyman
13-06-2024, 01:43 PM
Check out the spread today. This normally indicates that there are buyers or sellers who are more informed than the market.

The Chris Hipkins effect.

Lets hope there is a rubber stamp being inked up as we speak - DOC, you can do it.

nztx
13-06-2024, 02:21 PM
The Chris Hipkins effect.

Lets hope there is a rubber stamp being inked up as we speak - DOC, you can do it.

hope the veins of precious stuff are as wide as the smiling boy can spread his pegs ;)

winner69
14-06-2024, 03:40 PM

What's happening today....share price down to 2.1

What the stock
14-06-2024, 03:59 PM
Gold rise taking a little break/expected cap raise
What's happening today....share price down to 2.1

Paint it Black
16-06-2024, 04:39 PM
Gold rise taking a little break/expected cap raise

Treading water now on low volumes waiting for DOC and the likely capital raise announcement in that sequence. The cap raise would obviously be vastly more successful if delayed until after the processing route confirmation and some gold being produced!

Daytr
16-06-2024, 05:02 PM
Treading water now on low volumes waiting for DOC and the likely capital raise announcement in that sequence. The cap raise would obviously be vastly more successful if delayed until after the processing route confirmation and some gold being produced!

Agreed, in fact I would go as far to say they shouldn't proceed until they do have something in place for toll treatment of the concentrate.