PDA

View Full Version : Pie Funds Stock Picking Competition

Pie Funds
28-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Pie Funds is pleased to announce that it is holding its inaugural Stock Picking Competition

The winner of the competition will be announced in December 2013 and will receive flights, accommodation and a guest pass to the 2014 Berkshire Hathaway AGM in Omaha, Nebraska where Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger discuss their annual results and answer shareholders' questions.

For details on how the competition is run and how to enter,visit www.piefunds.co.nz (http://www.piefunds.co.nz)

Stranger_Danger
28-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Nice prize. Alas, if I could get out of my businesses at that time of year, I'd have been at his annual meeting for each of the last 20 years.

As such, can the prize be given to a nominated person, if won?

Dej
28-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Sounds like some fun! Entered and happy! Fingers crossed eh?

percy
28-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Got the the Home page OK but could not find anything about the competition.
Stranger Danger: I will hold myself at the ready to go.!!!

Dej
28-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Got the the Home page OK but could not find anything about the competition.
Stranger Danger: I will hold myself at the ready to go.!!!

Bottom left hand side, its a blue square!

percy
28-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Bottom left hand side, its a blue square!

Still can't find it.!
bottom left has You Tube,twitter,and Linkrd.?

JBmurc
28-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Have entered my picks ...I see the PIEFUND guys have returned 47%-48% in the last 12months geezz after my last 24months I should just let this guys do the work ...but after so many investment cons in NZ I am reluctant ....I'll see if there still round in 12months

winner69
28-12-2012, 08:03 PM
how you get on jb not picking resource and biotechs

and which pie fund holding did you pick as one of your stocks ....hope you read the November newsletter

JBmurc
28-12-2012, 08:34 PM
not very good as i didn,t read the terms ...so put forward resource stocks ...

percy
28-12-2012, 09:06 PM
how you get on jb not picking resource and biotechs

and which pie fund holding did you pick as one of your stocks ....hope you read the November newsletter

Got there in the end.!!! Aussie picks only:EBT,MNF and NOD.Trust I am OK.Think they hold MNF from memory.
Think I should have read the rules.Had so much trouble finding the competition entry [it comes up OK now] I did not read the rules.I don't have a valid passport.!!!!

Crypto Crude
31-12-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm so in...
before I enter, we have to choose one of pie funds stocks...
can someone be helpful enough and list their stocks?
:cool:
.^sc

stoploss
31-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Off the website but I am not taking any responsibility for accuracy ....

Alchemia PharmaceuticalsBig Air TelecommunicationServicesCorporate Travel Travel & TourismEcoya Consumer DiscretionaryMacquarieTelecomTelecommunicationServ icesMy Net Fone TelecommunicationServicesNext DC TelecommunicationServicesOn The House PropertyPumpkin Patch RetailVitagroup RetailWDS Mining Services

stoploss
31-12-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm so in...
before I enter, we have to choose one of pie funds stocks...
can someone be helpful enough and list their stocks?
:cool:
.^sc

And the dividend Fund....also no responsibility

Empired ITIMF FinancialM2TelecommunicationsTelecommunicationServ icesMy Net Fone TelecommunicationServicesRestaurant Brands HospitalityService Stream UtilitiesSilver Chef FinanceTitan Mining ServicesVitagroup Retail

percy
05-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Got there in the end.!!! Aussie picks only:EBT,MNF and NOD.Trust I am OK.Think they hold MNF from memory.
Think I should have read the rules.Had so much trouble finding the competition entry [it comes up OK now] I did not read the rules.I don't have a valid passport.!!!!

May have to start thinking about applying for a new passport.Birth Certificate arrived today.

Lizard
05-11-2013, 06:10 PM
May have to start thinking about applying for a new passport.Birth Certificate arrived today.

Great work Percy! I recognise another name on the leader board too... although I don't recall if there are prizes for place getters. ;)

winner69
05-11-2013, 06:16 PM

You winning or something?

percy
05-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Found a great new web site;www.visitomaha.com
winner69.I have never won anything [yet],but think I am "well positioned." May even back Percy[the horse] on his next outing.!!
lol.

Dej
06-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Found a great new web site;www.visitomaha.com (http://www.visitomaha.com)
winner69.I have never won anything [yet],but think I am "well positioned." May even back Percy[the horse] on his next outing.!!
lol.

Where can I find the leader board??

Lizard
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM

Top five placings are in the Pie Funds October newsletter which was emailed out yesterday morning.

percy
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM

It is on age 2 of October newsletter.
Go to www.piefunds.co.nz then look for "click here to download the October newsletter."
You may have to subscribe before you can see it,or try going to newsletters.
Actually I find their commentaries excellent.Very good on "the big picture" as well as concentrating on small cap companies.
Two of the top five are sharetrader posters.May be more,but don't know posters names.

mark100
06-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Pie have a new stock...

Lizard
05-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Well looks like we can put our passports away, Percy :( Nice fantasy while it lasted! And clobbered by a XRO pick...

And well done to Joshua! Would be interesting to know if the maths used to predict Super-15 games also works in the stock market... ;) Hope he turns up on the board to post some time. :)

percy
05-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Well looks like we can put our passports away, Percy :( Nice fantasy while it lasted! And clobbered by a XRO pick...

And well done to Joshua! Would be interesting to know if the maths used to predict Super-15 games also works in the stock market... ;) Hope he turns up on the board to post some time. :)

Yes,at least it motivated me into renewing my passport.!!
Well done Joshua,and all those who picked XRO.
And thank you Pie Fund for letting us enter your competition.

Harvey Specter
05-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Very impressive alpha's and beta's for their main fund. I wonder how that compares to the likes of milford and fisher funds.

Joshuatree
05-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Best in show Out on their own like XRO in the comp.

05-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Best in show Out on their own like XRO in the comp.

But are you "THE" Joshua?

Bilbo
13-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Any idea if they are running a similar competition in 2014?