PDA

View Full Version : 2013 what couple ASX shares would you stake your name on..to return big

JBmurc
08-01-2013, 10:41 AM
If you could only invest in two shares for 2013 now I'm talking two shares your'd state your investing knowledge on to return big with the least downside.....risk

2012 has been very hard on many shares I hold and follow I really think 2013 will be much better year for many of them
my most favorite safer re-raters at this time would have to be.....if these two aren't higher by years end I'll give up the share trading

#1--PGI-undervalued unloved low cost Gold/silver producer using new tech to produce upwards 80koz gold eq for only 350oz ,,,,1330oz hedging in place for a good chunk of it's 6-7yr planned mine life
about to hit full production rates ...market values at less that money spent to get into production....good long term future using tech to produce from surrounding tailings ,also great exploration upside.....SP 12.5c my sell target for 2013 21c-25c

#2--OXX-close second Oil&Gas ....like's to J.V with major players taking risk of cash loss away ,,,great cash backing ,,,A grade Mgmt(many ex CUE)....3 major drills for 2013 any one will re-rate OXX massively.....very tight register with MD hold most of the shares...SP 20.5c my sell target for 2013 ...I find hard to put a target on OXX all three wells successive I wouldn't sell less than $1

Posted the thread up as AA put one up got me thinking then it was gone this morning

Dej
08-01-2013, 01:03 PM
It seems you are one of the only willing to give the heads up on any good stocks :p

I am new to the ASX and currently only have money in CAJ. I have faith in stocks when big institutions start buying into them, because they must be doing something right. CAJ has both this and is a wonderful company with further potential this year for further growth. If you need anymore information, just refer to the CAJ thread on this forum.

Otherwise, I would like to see what more people think in this department!

Good thread!(Needs more posts)

:)

airedale
08-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Without too much thought, and based on today's market......AZS up 94.4 % today after posting good exploration results for gold,silver, copper in Mexico. But at the end of the year???
I may have rocketed to the top of the ASX competition for today at least>:]
5.30 pm Still going up this arvo 166% at the moment

troyvdh
08-01-2013, 05:04 PM
...gee airedale....thats really juicy.....now knowing that you would not put a bloke crook...I put an order for some at 4.3...got some....blinked...now its 4.6...cheers..

...keep your eye on CUE...

...I have to admit ...I do not think I have ever seen a company stating that a result was "outstanding"...thats quite subjective is it not...

...5.2 ^%$#@! ?????

airedale
08-01-2013, 05:37 PM
...gee airedale....thats really juicy.....now knowing that you would not put a bloke crook...I put an order for some at 4.3...got some....blinked...now its 4.6...cheers..

...keep your eye on CUE...
That's OK Troy, but be prepared for the usual volatility with mining stocks.

airedale
08-01-2013, 07:53 PM
AZS At the close: up 255% to 6.4 cents

percy
08-01-2013, 09:28 PM
AZS At the close: up 255% to 6.4 cents

Looks as though you will set a record in this year's competition being up over 1000%.
Good on you.!!!!

gazprom1
09-01-2013, 12:55 AM
Good thread JB. I am prepared to put my thoughts down:

1. ROC - you know it well. Good current producing assets at lowish cost per barrel, bringing online new production anyday which will be in the order of 2500-3000bobp net to ROC, Malaysia JV drilling should move forward to development and production 2014, bohai bay drilling late 2013. In with the hinese. Profitable. SP 45 cents. I am thinking that we will see north of 70 cents during the year. Could get taken out by CNOOC but small probability.

2. OEL - has moved up from low 9's to 10.5 cents in recent days. Galoc phase II underway. Galoc North to be tested which could bring additiknal near field reserves. BHP potential drill of SC51 will be a catalyst. SP would go to 15 cents on BHP deal. If Galoc North came in and BHP secured a rig then could see 20 cents in a stable market.

Cheers
Gazprom

gazprom1
09-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Good thread JB. I am prepared to put my thoughts down:

1. ROC - you know it well. Good current producing assets at lowish cost per barrel, bringing online new production anyday which will be in the order of 2500-3000bobp net to ROC, Malaysia JV drilling should move forward to development and production 2014, bohai bay drilling late 2013. In with the chinese. Profitable. SP 45 cents. I am thinking that we will see north of 70 cents during the year. Could get taken out by CNOOC but small probability.

2. OEL - has moved up from low 9's to 10.5 cents in recent days. Galoc phase II underway. Galoc North to be tested which could bring additiknal near field reserves. BHP potential drill of SC51 will be a catalyst. SP would go to 15 cents on BHP deal. If Galoc North came in and BHP secured a rig then could see 20 cents in a stable market.

Cheers
Gazprom

trackers
09-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Nice work Airedale!! If you could put your next pick in a day earlier that would be very much appreciated :D

Of the 10 or so stocks I own I think the one I'm most confident about is:

AJQ - Armour Energy. IPO at 50c less than a year ago, currently at 27c. Has an enormous and prospective shale acreage of 33million acres, all 100% owned; independantly assessed as having a Prospective Resource of 41TCF and 2.2billion bbls. They've already done some drilling including one well which flowed at 3.3mmcfpd. $80mil market cap, $40mil cash. Board is made up of 4 ex Arrow directors, and management are very experienced at very large scale projects.

JBmurc
09-01-2013, 09:35 AM
yes Gaz ROC would be my third pick only missing out on the top 2 as I don't think they'll out perform PGI,OXX SP growth wise but not by much I'm looking to ROC to return least 30-40% this year the others I'd be disappointed if they don't double...

yeah AJQ sounds good well worth keeping a eye on over the year...

AZS big moves to bad I didn't here about that one awhile ago airedale

Surprised not have heard anyone point forward NWE... as NWE was one of the most popular comp picks (Is the fact the comp attracts more speculative picks many actually wouldn't hold for risk reasons....)

trackers
09-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Hopefully you're right with PGI JB... and lets hope CVR pulls itself off the floor too huh?

Dej
09-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Hopefully you're right with PGI JB... and lets hope CVR pulls itself off the floor too huh?

When do you think the trading halt will be lifted?

trackers
09-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Hard to say, don't think they'll pull it for financing so hopefully end of Feb plant commissioning?? sigh

JBmurc
09-01-2013, 11:44 AM

Yeah I think CVR will once again trade again after securing the capital needed to hit full production in spring ...most likely a deal with be a sharp one to the investors i.e 1.5c Shareholders may even get a chance to raise funds (but unlikely with costs involved and the amount likely to raise not being that much)
Overall Millstar / Reiser and mates (he is a swiss private banker)will be getting a great deal and make a mozza once CVR get some Qtys of good production/cashflows....from whatI've hears mr Reiser as been the controller of CVR i.e not letting S/H in on to much imfo ....

Think it will list down 1.5ish then later 2013 we should see some new 2yr highs