PDA

View Full Version : Aviva

Fred114
16-03-2013, 02:46 PM
I don't know much about the insurance industry, but its relvance to NZ can't be underestimated. I noticed that a 46-year Waikato Uni grad is now running this massive company. This links to an article that reports on his eye-watering salary package that was the downfall of his predecessor.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/nov/20/aviva-appoints-mark-wilson-chief-executive

Mark Wilson appears to be a young gun, not much older than me, who is charged with leading this company out of the mess. He began with hiving off some loss performing US companies, which are said to account for a third of the balance sheet. His main career achievement seems to be bringing AIA for an IPO on the Hong Kong market for a $36bn float.

I can't help but wonder about his influence on the NZ insurance market at the current time, but this would take some research, more suited to the media perhaps.

Valuegrowth
27-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Globally insurance sector has become very competitive now. In addition to insurance giants there are locally managed insurance companies in almost all over the world. There are new entrants in the industry as well. In any industry strong competitors can survive in bad times and good times.We should not forget that insurance sector will become more vulnerable if we see more and more natural destructionsin the future. In addition any negative effects on investment and finance world can affect negatively to the insurance sector as experienced before. If we analyse insurance sector we can get better idea of it. If I am correct AVIVA is the sixth-largest insurance company in the world measured by net premium income and has customers in 21 countries. It is the market leader in both general insurance and life and pensions in the UK and has major businesses in Asia, continental Europe and North America.We have to wait and see how they are going to penetrate insurance market here under the stewardship of new CEO.

My ideas are not a recommendation to eitherbuy or sell any security or currency. Please do your own research prior tomaking any investment decisions.