PDA

View Full Version : ASX broker

Fred114
17-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Hi, I'm wanting an Australian based broker that will accept trades from me whilst resident in NZ. I have AUD funds and didn't want to convert through FX to trade with from NZ. This has probably been posted about before, but I haven't found it. Thanks in advance

pedro.nz
17-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Try this link...
https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/static/OMCAINtro.aspx

Fred114
17-03-2013, 04:19 PM
This service for NZ'ers won't accept foreign currency.

I;m wanting access to a brokerage account in Australia that will accept my AUD currency to make share trades with from NZ.

Many thanks.

Fred

JBmurc
17-03-2013, 04:30 PM
This service for NZ'ers won't accept foreign currency.

I;m wanting access to a brokerage account in Australia that will accept my AUD currency to make share trades with from NZ.

Many thanks.

Fred

--Just join any online Aussie broker ..CMC,E*Trade etc they'll give you a Aus bank account...or I'm pretty sure the likes of ASB can also sort out a AUD account to deposit and use to buy ASX shares from

noodles
17-03-2013, 09:19 PM
--Just join any online Aussie broker ..CMC,E*Trade etc they'll give you a Aus bank account...or I'm pretty sure the likes of ASB can also sort out a AUD account to deposit and use to buy ASX shares from

I don't think a nz residents can use an aussie broker. I tried a few years back. Asb allows you to have an Aud account and trade aussie shares. We just have to pay more. Try igmarkets for cheaper brokerage and leverage.

Fred114
18-03-2013, 08:01 AM
I don't think a nz residents can use an aussie broker. I tried a few years back. Asb allows you to have an Aud account and trade aussie shares. We just have to pay more. Try igmarkets for cheaper brokerage and leverage.

E*Trade will work. They offer service to NZ, as an Aussie Broker, but the ID docs have to be countersigned....bit of a hassle.

JBmurc
18-03-2013, 08:53 AM
E*Trade will work. They offer service to NZ, as an Aussie Broker, but the ID docs have to be countersigned....bit of a hassle.

Yeah I use Etrade and they setup a anz call acc I do my
Currency exchange aud/nzd here through Asb