PDA

View Full Version : Tauranga Meeting, Thursday 2nd or Friday 3rd May, 7 pm

karen1
17-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Thought it might be time to try for a ST meeting in Tauranga, and with Percy here on the above two dates now is a good chance to meet him.

Quite happy to host if numbers fit, otherwise happy to take suggestions for a venue, preferably somewhere quiet enough so we can hear each other!

Any takers?

And Liz, someone, can you make this a sticky please!

janner
18-04-2013, 12:33 AM
Sounds good to me Karen.. Work Sat and Sun .. But only a couple of hours each way.. Much like North Shore traffic in the mornings.. and evenings..

karen1
18-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Great Janner, will be good to meet you. You must be keen to come down from Jaffa land! Will pm you.

Come on Tauranga locals... we are now three and counting.

The Grinch
18-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Excellent. If you don't mind a newb sponging off the more experienced I'm in. Thanks for proposing.

karen1
18-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Excellent. If you don't mind a newb sponging off the more experienced I'm in. Thanks for proposing.

Great! Hey, we are all "sponges", never stop soaking up the knowledge!

lastmoa
18-04-2013, 10:51 AM
HI Tauranga pep's. I live in the area so be good to meet some experienced traders and share experiences.

Bumkin
18-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi Karen Keen to attend

Joshuatree
18-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi im int just dont know until near the day if i can make it.Cheers JT

karen1
18-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Hi all, thanks for the replies.

Leaning towards Thursday, if that suits all?

Now all we need is a venue?? Seem to have The Grinch, Dellow, Bumkin and JT as locals, any ideas for a venue, or are you happy to meet at mine?

lastmoa
18-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Thursday (day/night) works fine for me. We could meet somewhere in downtown Tauranga as don't want to put Karen out for this first meeting.
There are a couple of quiet bars at either end of The Strand??? Or Latitude Bar in the Mount is quiet too.

waikare
19-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Could be interested in day time hook up somewhere down town Tauranga

Cheers Waikare

Joshuatree
19-04-2013, 10:03 AM
A couple of cafe,s in First Ave east ;Grindz ,they have a quieter upstairs area too. The new Sharp Tudhope building has a cafe with very good coffee. Best outside of lunchtime hours.Parking pretty good too. Nautilus at Sulphur Point very nice scenically , serve wine too..

lastmoa
19-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Two nice cafe/bars in downtown, north side of The Strand, are Brooklyn (opp. Cornerstone) has an upstairs too, and Amphora which is two doors up. I prefer downtown .. Nautilus a bit far away. Good to have options for people to have wine or coffee so think a cafe/bar best, imho.

mccauley
22-04-2013, 08:58 AM
I would be keen in attending and Zaggers 2 on The Strand has a good upstairs area (Cafe/Wine Bar)

The Grinch
26-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Hey Karen,

Thursday is excellent. See you all there - that's when we have decided where there is of course.

karen1
26-04-2013, 11:46 PM
OK everyone, thanks for the great response. To bring you up to date:

as I mentioned on 18th, Thursday seems to suit, so have pencilled in a booking at Café Bravo, at 7 pm, Thursday 2nd May. I will confirm in a few days.

Thanks to those who suggested venues, have made enquiries at all, but have chosen to go with Café Bravo, situated in "Red Square", heart of down town.

http://www.cafebravo.co.nz/

So far we have:
karen1
percy
janner
The Grinch
dellow + friend
Bumkin
Joshuatree
Waikare (hopefully you can make evening)
McCauley
any more takers??? all welcome!

Check out the link for a map, easy to find.

Look forward to meeting you all there. Table is behind Reception area.

Any queries let me know.

percy
28-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Well after putting names to faces and a successful meeting last night here in ChCh I am really looking forward to the Tauranga meeting.
Thanks for organising Karen1.Good that you put "table is behind reception" as Chch new comers were not sure who were sharetraders.
I think it is fair to say people new to shares enjoyed themselves as much as the old hands.

Joshuatree
28-04-2013, 03:12 PM
I have a family bereavement in Wellington on wed ,thurs ,so wont be there. cheers JT

karen1
28-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I have a family bereavement in Wellington on wed ,thurs ,so wont be there. cheers JT

Jt, really sorry to hear that, sympathies extended.

Perhaps next time, and as I have just been informed, there might be a few extras along, and the possibility of a regular get together down the track, so next time might not be too far away...

janner
28-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Hahaha.. Not to keen to attend regular meetings in Tauranga Karen..

Hope they will occur though..

Onwards and Upwards..

karen1
29-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Hahaha.. Not to keen to attend regular meetings in Tauranga Karen..

Hope they will occur though..

Onwards and Upwards..

Gee janner, you could always invest in a Martin Jetpack, no trouble commuting then. Look forward to your arrival, however you achieve it.

forest
30-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi karen1 and others, I am thinking of going for a drive from Auckland to say hello to you in Tauranga. I have been to a few meetings of share traders in Auckland and one in Wellington. They have been informative and fun. Hope to see you on Thursday.

PS if anybody from Auckland likes a ride to the meeting sent me a PM and see wat we can arrange.

Forest

karen1
30-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Hi forest, will be good to meet you. Current booked venue is in my post #16

I've contacted Bravo to organise an extra table....

BTW, Bumkin and McCauley, welcome to Share Trader! (Forgot to mention earlier)

Only two sleeps!

pm me if any queries.

Bumkin
02-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Hi Karen Sorry have had a last minute hiccup and sorry cannot make it tonight.Disappointed but hope you have another soon All the best

karen1
02-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi Karen Sorry have had a last minute hiccup and sorry cannot make it tonight.Disappointed but hope you have another soon All the best

Thanks for letting us know Bumkin, hope everything ok. Hopefully another meet up before too long....

karen1
02-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Thanks to all who came along tonight, good numbers with six ST posters and 4 others, so conversations were humming.

Certainly great to put faces to names, all up an enjoyable evening.

And thanks to percy for the nibbles!

lastmoa
03-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Thanks to all who came along tonight, good numbers with six ST posters and 4 others, so conversations were humming.

Certainly great to put faces to names, all up an enjoyable evening.

And thanks to percy for the nibbles!

Yes, thank you for Karen for organising this event. Everyone appreciated your work to put this together.
Lets all stay in touch via this forum and meet again soon.

percy
03-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Thank you Karen1 for organising the get togther.
Got to meet you at long last.
Great putting faces to names.
Have some new shares to look at.[thanks Tauranga team ]
As always pleasant talk and things learnt.

forest
03-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Was good meeting you all and thanks to Karen for organise the evening.

Happy investing, Forest

The Grinch
04-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey guys,

Was good meeting you all and I hope the next ones not to far away :t_up: