PDA

View Full Version : SLI Systems

Pages : [1] 2 3

Banksie
18-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Another technology company planning to list:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/8566326/SLI-Systems-planx-NZX-listing

Other than what is on their website I know very little about this company. Has it been on anyone else's radar?

iced
18-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Not really much, but a start:

http://www.sli-systems.com/resources/coverage
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/8243447/Morgan-invests-in-SLI-Systems

Banksie
18-04-2013, 10:13 AM
This may be a dumb question (but I am new to investing). How do you take part in the IPO?

Do I have to have an account with Craigs Investment Partners or Forsyth Barr (currently I use ASB Securities)?
Is it possible to take part in an IPO with a small stake or do all the big players snap up the offering?

minimoke
18-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Go to Noel lemming or warehouse sites and you'll see the sli search feature.it's pretty good.
I'm not in. I put my money into the company not others pockets.

Banksie
18-04-2013, 11:02 AM
I put my money into the company not others pockets.

That is one of my concerns - the fact that more than 40% of the IPO was going to existing shareholders. Why would they do that if they thought the company had great potential? My only thought was that maybe a $15 million only IPO was too small to make it worthwhile.

CJ
18-04-2013, 11:29 AM
That is one of my concerns - the fact that more than 40% of the IPO was going to existing shareholders. Why would they do that if they thought the company had great potential? My only thought was that maybe a $15 million only IPO was too small to make it worthwhile.It gives long term holders the opportunity to cash out - If they have been invested for 11 years, it has been a long wait!

It also increases liquidity. Just look at BurgerFuel where the founders hold over 80%.

What I would look to are who are getting out (founders or just the money men who helped them get this far) and if they are completely exiting or just a portion.

percy
18-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I have asked Craigs for a prospectus.
I want to compare SLI Systems to estaronline which I have have shares in,and have done very well with.
Where a bricks and mortar retailer can grow sales by 2% pa, online retailers/merchants are growing sales by over 25%pa.
So if SLI Systems are very clever there will be plenty of growth for the company.

Banksie
08-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Is one of the people selling down Sam Morgan? If so, how much is he selling down by?
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/market-data/8644257/Share-sale-to-raise-equity-for-IT-leader

From the article it would appear that Sam Morgan is putting in another $1m. He is obviously confident in the company.

I can understand the founders cashing in some of their shares at this point - realising some return for years of work, but why would Pioneer Capital want to get out if it is a good investment?

Anna Naum
08-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Pioneer is just doing what the funders of Summerset did, sell some on the IPO, then wait for the push higher to exit some more. In the Summerset case they sold about 30% at $1.40, look at it now!

macduffy
08-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Correct, Anna.

That's what venture capital companies do!

I wish there were more of them.

:)

CJ
08-05-2013, 08:42 AM
From the article it would appear that Sam Morgan is putting in another $1m. He is obviously confident in the company.Him throwing in another mil is like me investing $1k.

Having said that, it is good to see him doubling down.

The thing I dont like about these small tech companies (SNK is the same) is they create this 'great technology' then target Japan and Brazil (or Indonesia). Contrast that to XRO or DIL who create great technology and take on the US and UK. Not saying they wont be successful but it just seems like they are trying to avoid proper competition but in the mean time, makes it hard for investors to analyse competition as I cant read japanese or spanish (?). However, I can read techcrunch who frequently mentions XRO and its competitors.

Banksie
08-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Him throwing in another mil is like me investing $1k.

Having said that, it is good to see him doubling down.

The thing I dont like about these small tech companies (SNK is the same) is they create this 'great technology' then target Japan and Brazil (or Indonesia). Contrast that to XRO or DIL who create great technology and take on the US and UK. Not saying they wont be successful but it just seems like they are trying to avoid proper competition but in the mean time, makes it hard for investors to analyse competition as I cant read japanese or spanish (?). However, I can read techcrunch who frequently mentions XRO and its competitors.

It seems they already have a presence in US and the UK. I only skimmed the investment document quickly but it appears that North America account for 62% of their customers and the UK 17%. But yeah, why the interest in expanding to Brazil and Japan, do they feel they have already reached the limit for acquiring new customers in the US and UK?
(source: http://www.sli-systems.com/sites/all/files/resource/Investment-statement.pdf).

Off topic - but I don't believe SNK are a technology company. They use technology to deliver advertising on the mobile platform - but they have not created any IP of their own. As I see them they are a marketing and media company in the technology field.

CJ
08-05-2013, 09:16 AM
It seems they already have a presence in US and the UK.Based on a 1 minute skim of their prospectus they do look impressive - over 375 customers (including big brands) all over world.

The key thing to look at would be the Growth/profitablility trade off. XRO have been very clear on their target (though this came a few years after IPO) which makes it easy to monitor progress.

This looks far more advanced than SNK. Would be interesting to see if Moosie has done any Fundimental analysis on the two or is just relying on TA for his buy into SNK.

Schrodinger
08-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Agree with Sparky on this one due to the lack of profitability.

I will look more closely into the offer document and try and find out why they arent making money.

Banksie
08-05-2013, 01:58 PM
I just read an article saying that the company has been in profit - well they reported $92,000 profit for 2012 but 2011 was a $158,000 loss.

Banksie
08-05-2013, 01:59 PM
So this cat, clown and a moose walk into a forum.... ;)

CJ
08-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Also it is clear XRO has the potential to get a share of a very big market? I wonder what SLI's potential is in that respect? Isn't it competting against Google (search representing the 'S', and to a slightly lesser extent the 'L' which is learning(?)). If so the market is very big but so is the competition.

Banksie
08-05-2013, 03:07 PM
It was competing against Google - but not the product we usually see but rather Google Commerce Search which is a paid service available to online retails. The good news for SLI is Google are discontinuing the product.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sli-systems-offers-easy-migration-130000986.html

Shaun Ryan's critique of Google Commerce Search gives some insight into how these products differ from the run of the mill Google search.

http://www.sli-systems.com/blog/2009/11/google-commerce-search-a-critique.html

Schrodinger
08-05-2013, 03:12 PM
...and thats pretty much it. I dont know if they are a SME play like Xero. From what I can read this is a no. Also can you purchase the product online for a small monthly subscription and without the need to talk to anyone in the company therefore making customer acquisition easy?

That is the Xero model and why it is very scaleable. From a brief look at the company this doesnt look as attractive as Xero. Due to the revenue model, I would be more comfortable with them making increasing profits like Diligent does.

Banksie
08-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Regarding SLI's target market this independent review seems to indicate it will only be the bigger online merchants who can afford it.

http://www.practicalecommerce.com/articles/1347-The-PeC-Review-SLI-Offers-Superior-Search

"I believe that SLI's search solution constitutes one of the best products I've ever reviewed, but they are not for everyone. Unfortunately, price, which varies by traffic, bandwidth, and other factors, will mean that the solution is too expensive for some small online merchants. But I would encourage every online seller to at least contact SLI. In many cases the company will even provide a free month-long trial, which is no small thing since the solution is semi-custom."

Banksie
08-05-2013, 03:17 PM
That is the Xero model and why it is very scaleable. From a brief look at the company this doesnt look as attractive as Xero. Due to the revenue model, I would be more comfortable with them making increasing profits like Diligent does.

I totally agree - it is a DIL type product without the profits. That being said I wasn't around at the time - were DIL making profits before they listed?

Schrodinger
08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Good question. Diligent had an awful float and went down to 7c at one stage?

SLI is obvisouly at a different stage of the growth curve which to me makes it less attractive and focuses me in on the future growth prospects and profit potential.

If this is a growth company I would want to see this reflected in the revenue growth and slower cost growth (20% yoy which is good but not great). This company has bult a $20M revenue business without making even a minimum 10% margin or $2M profit.

This is actually making me want to invest in Diligent rather than SLI.

Banksie
11-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Story in NBR - no new facts but it does summarise all the available information rather nicely.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/opinion/search-tomorrow

lastmoa
11-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Story in NBR - no new facts but it does summarise all the available information rather nicely.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/opinion/search-tomorrow

Enjoyed the read thanks Banksie. Don't think I'm in on this one although do see potential long term. Market Cap seem a bit rich at the stage it is at, profits seem a ways off so weigh that up on risk, and I have other SAAS players that are more attractive, imho.

CJ
13-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Tim Hunters view:

Personally, I'd say SLI's shares don't look a bargain at $1.50 and it may be possible to buy them for less after the company lists. Having said that, SLI looks a quality company run by quality people and its arrival on the public market is welcome. I hope it goes on to greater things.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/8657608/Share-floats-to-boost-NZX

Interesting tid bit:

There's also a tax irritation, because SLI is technically a US-domiciled company. This means it falls under the fair dividend rate tax regime, so investors are deemed to have made a 5 per cent return on the stock and taxed accordingly, even though it produces no actual income.

blobbles
13-05-2013, 05:02 PM
SLI for me is a tricky one.

Their product appears to be simply a learning search engine based on customer searching and what's trending probably on the site and elsewhere. While it's a fabulous idea right now, the signal that google is strongly moving into the space is discouraging. Google are the king's of search for a good reason, they have arguably the best people in the world working for them, which in IT makes all the difference. In the same breath though Google has a tendency to buy out excellent companies which already have a user base and whose technology they can't quickly replicate, which could make SLI a potential takeover target.

So Google could be working or about to release a product that beats the pants off SLI through cross selling and search integration which could spell the end of SLI. But they might buy out SLI as well... For me it's a bit of a gamble right now to invest in their IPO but I might in the future depending on Google's priorities...

CJ
13-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Blobbles - I think I read that Google had moved out of this space rather than into it. This is consistent with Google culling its small products and aiming for moon shots (OS, driving cars, glasses, etc). If so, this is good for SLI and if/when they decide to reenter the space, are likely to buy up someone, whether it be SLI or one of SLI competitors.

blobbles
13-05-2013, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=Banksie;405710]It was competing against Google - but not the product we usually see but rather Google Commerce Search which is a paid service available to online retails. The good news for SLI is Google are discontinuing the product.

Remember how Google operate, they discontinue products only to replace them later with far superior products based on approaching the problem from a different angle. Think of Google Wave and it's replacement Google Plus. If you think Google are giving up on the lucrative product search space, I believe that would be a foolish assumption. Their original product search was Google goods (I think?) which never got out of beta, this was discontinued and replaced with the better Google products which was extended into companies own domains with Commerce. Most likely they are rethinking their strategy and will release something fabulous in the future, maybe integrating with google wallet.

blobbles
13-05-2013, 05:23 PM
It was competing against Google - but not the product we usually see but rather Google Commerce Search which is a paid service available to online retails. The good news for SLI is Google are discontinuing the product.

Shaun Ryan's critique of Google Commerce Search gives some insight into how these products differ from the run of the mill Google search.

http://www.sli-systems.com/blog/2009/11/google-commerce-search-a-critique.html

Blobbles - I think I read that Google had moved out of this space rather than into it. This is consistent with Google culling its small products and aiming for moon shots (OS, driving cars, glasses, etc). If so, this is good for SLI and if/when they decide to reenter the space, are likely to buy up someone, whether it be SLI or one of SLI competitors.

Absolutely, but I would argue accurate trending searches for products is both lucrative and a huge industry that fits well into other Google offerings. As such them "giving up" I would suggest is rather premature as search is their base business. Whether they will buy SLI or not is a different analysis...

CJ
13-05-2013, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=Banksie;405710]Think of Google Wave and it's replacement Google Plus. Not the best example.

More on the Google close down: http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/14/google-quietly-shutters-commerce-search-for-e-retailers/

More a question for Googles strategy but why would you close down a product without a replacement if you plan to offer it in the future. Burning bridges aren't they?

blobbles
13-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Why not the best example? They had a product that was not bad but positioned slightly wrong and hadn't integrated it into the entire google network of products, they closed it down and opened a product that is better and more focused.

If you are as big and powerful as Google is in the search space, I doubt they will care about alienating a few businesses if they can later win them back with a more convincing product. It's better, long term, than continuing to support a legacy product that competitors can easily beat. As long as businesses are forewarned they shouldn't have a huge problem replacing it if they need to.

Anna Naum
30-05-2013, 04:04 PM
SLI listing tomorrow, look sharp people! We going to see a 300%+ rise like SNK here?

I'll go with a modest 30% rise on listing.

Anyone else want to hazard a guess?

Agree 300% seems a bit too much for day one, albeit longer term they have the potential. With the sector starting to look more interesting I would have thought a modest 20-30% day one profit was possible

tosspot
31-05-2013, 09:40 AM
was this available to the public or just institutions because I would of loved to apply for some of those ipo shares

CJ
31-05-2013, 09:47 AM
was this available to the public or just institutions because I would of loved to apply for some of those ipo sharesOnly insto's or clients of the lead broker were able to get it. 2.5 times oversubscribed so no need to offer to the punters like us.

CJ
31-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Just shows how much money is still out there ready to be invested in the market... ;)It will be interesting to see what funds got a good placement - I wouldn't be surprised if Milfords name made an appearance.

percy
31-05-2013, 10:13 AM
My wife and I both received allocations from Craigs.
I turned then down and brought more estaronline as I thought they are better value.!

mcdongle
31-05-2013, 10:16 AM
I managed to get a few, but was told how many I could buy.

Crow
31-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Ouch, she's doing a MRP! I'm considering "diversifying" my portfolio if it goes to $1.55 or below. Anyone else watching?

Actively watching. Tried to get some with Craigs and failed and decided to look on market. Almost pressed button when higher but now watching.....closely

Crow
31-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Looking at this as a long term hold for my portfolio so not going to panic in the short term......and looking forward to results in August.

Billy Boy
31-05-2013, 11:23 AM
VWAP
Buy
Sell
High
Low
First
Volume
Value

176 ¢
(NZD)

https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/images/spacer.gif
17.3%

31/05 11:16 NZT

$1,100,672

This as at 11:16... remember it is friday and a long weekend.
Traders could well be ditching from about 3:30 on....
Hoop (regards to Mrs Hoop).... will be getting itchy fingers I feel. :D
cheers to all
BB:)

Billy Boy
31-05-2013, 11:45 AM
What do you make of the volume so far Hoopy? I'm taking a stab we'll hit $1.80 again before a slow decline to $1.70 at home time. Sellers in definite control of this one, and we must remember "amateurs play in the morning, pros trade in the afternoon" ;)
Yup Moosie... I think your on the button. Time will tell
BB

Billy Boy
31-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Next week (being short of course) will be interesting.
Whats your call moosie (and others).
Mine..... rise to 180 dropping back to 165 by friday 4.00pm
​BB

okane
31-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Heh just spent the week uninstalling this overpriced rubbish off a client's system and replacing with a free open source search solution. I reckon you'd have to be mad to invest in this.

bull....
31-05-2013, 03:49 PM
impressive growth on little capital , will be interesting to see what happens now they have some dough. could explode

Crow
31-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Might be an early dip followed by slow uptrend. Certainly some interest out there from the big buyers. 10% premium right now isn't tooooo bad...

Did you end up taking the plunge? I did so now a holder.

Crow
31-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Nope, not after SNK is releasing their FY2013 report on Tuesday and DIL is rocketing upwards, I'm already well into the blue. SLI can wait until one tapers back and it appears to have more potential ;)

I'm in SNK as well so we will soon see how things are going but not in DIL.

bull....
04-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes, it's interesting to see how different stocks perform after you have bought them at the same time in your portfolio, especially when they are well into the blue. The only hard part is deciding which one is more of a winner...

I think sli will be more of a winner than snk my opinion only

Huskeez
04-06-2013, 12:47 PM
I think sli will be more of a winner than snk my opinion onlyLol this things going crazy , had to catch a piece of this

Whipmoney
04-06-2013, 02:09 PM
I don't rate this at all.. search technology is a pretty fickle business.

Anna Naum
04-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Had to sell half, might be a rocket ship but risk management says sell some.

bull....
04-06-2013, 02:30 PM
I don't rate this at all.. search technology is a pretty fickle business.

maybe fickle for new entrants , this companys been around a long time and has an est customer base of not so fickle businesses.

goldfish
06-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Yes, glad i sold at 230 yesterday. Then i may regret that in a few days we shall see.

goldfish
06-06-2013, 12:21 PM
To be honest I dont rate it near this price i only bought in as it started to rocket up so took a risk thinking the price was being driven by emotion, which seems to be the case.

CJ
06-06-2013, 01:13 PM
I note that Pie Funds has sold its DIL investment (again) and has invested into SLI in the hope it is the next XRO.

CJ
06-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Moosie - my post was more in reflection to SLI in that Pie Funds beleive it has better growth potential than DIL

Crow
13-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Well it's a bloodbath today and this has been drifting down slowly but surely. The Markets are taking a hammering all over.

Crow
13-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Lol, I take it you never got some in the end?

Crow
13-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Nope, wish I had to stag it. 35-40% in a few days would have been very nice indeed. Not missing out on Wynyard though :)

Good luck with Wynyard. I'm going to watch though as not sure about that one for me.........so will have to see how it goes.

Billy Boy
13-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Well it's a bloodbath today and this has been drifting down slowly but surely. The Markets are taking a hammering all over.
HLG.... A cloud of heel plates disappearing over yonder hill.!
BB

bull....
09-07-2013, 02:00 PM
another stock which may have bottomed

bull....
10-07-2013, 02:15 PM
forsyth barr research note out http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/8901550/Strong-growth-in-SLI-shares-seen

Jim
10-07-2013, 07:46 PM
forsyth barr research note out http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/8901550/Strong-growth-in-SLI-shares-seen

Forsyth Barr also recommended a strong buy on Feltex carpet

bull....
11-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Forsyth Barr also recommended a strong buy on Feltex carpet

Everyone makes mistakes

baller18
12-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Hey sparky, what do you make of the share price surge lately?

CJ
12-07-2013, 12:29 PM
It begs a question why Forsyth Barr have coverage on SLI and not Diligent? They were the lead broker so I assume they did a bit of research on them. Plus, having sold the shares to their clients, they probably feel obligated to give them a bit of support. Will be interested to see how long that lasts.

Hey sparky, what do you make of the share price surge lately?Positive report from FB?

bull....
12-07-2013, 12:40 PM
i did a cashflow analysis based on projected financials and it appears they have plenty of scope for agressive growth

bull....
12-07-2013, 12:52 PM
LOL - i try not to make mine that big!

However, it is good that SLI has broker research, it is healthy for the NZ tech sector as well as beneficial for the company.

It begs a question why Forsyth Barr have coverage on SLI and not Diligent? DIL is an approx $800m company! SLI has a market cap of $120m or so.

agree very healthy for the sector.
We need more tech companies listing as a way for owners to relise some cash instead of them selling to offshore companies , so lets hope sli does well in stock price and keeps up the investor interest in the sector then we just need the nzx to get more listings

baller18
12-07-2013, 12:55 PM
i did a cashflow analysis based on projected financials and it appears they have plenty of scope for agressive growth

Hmmm, very interesting. Market cap is around 120million, 200million as a target? Which would have the potential for the share price to reach $4? Too bullish here? lol

bull....
15-07-2013, 10:20 AM
close last week very bullish , closed at a new weekly high , target rise above 2.20 on a daily close to be a new high on a daily too and inta day high of 2.40 still needs to be tested at some stage

baller18
15-07-2013, 10:58 AM
close last week very bullish , closed at a new weekly high , target rise above 2.20 on a daily close to be a new high on a daily too and inta day high of 2.40 still needs to be tested at some stage
Could close at 2.3 today.
At this rate, could be another bullish week testing $2.4..

baller18
15-07-2013, 11:15 AM
The market seems to be taking any yearly forecast and using at as a weekly target! This is ridiculous and SLI is, I know, only what the market is willing to pay, but it is too much!
Why do you say its too much moosie?
Like bull said, there is plenty of scope for an aggressive growth, and they have a lot customers with big names..
There market cap is 120million atm, reaching a market cap of 150million is in reach don't you think?

baller18
15-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Just hit 2.35 with support at 2.35. Possibly $2.40 today, crazy!!!

baller18
15-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Just hit 2.35 with support at 2.35. Possibly $2.40 today, crazy!!!
Turnover for SLI per day is roughly $200K, right now its at $72k.
By the looks of it, another 140k would easily put it up to 2.4.
Looking at the depth chart, only 3 sellers, at $2.4, $2.45 and $2.5

baller18
15-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Someones going to get burnt. All I have to say is, buy low and sell high!

What do you make of this company moosie?

bull....
15-07-2013, 11:30 AM
there model must be similar to xeros ? so $18 is that out of the question ?

CJ
15-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Someones going to get burnt. All I have to say is, buy low and sell high!

What do you make of this company moosie?He's just disappointed he didn't SNAKK on this one instead ;)

baller18
15-07-2013, 11:53 AM
He's just disappointed he didn't SNAKK on this one instead ;)
Lolz.
SLI is rocketing off.
Meanwhile my DIL is.....

baller18
15-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Ever think of running with profits to buy more DIL on its support level at $6.30 baller? Once that money is banked, it's yours. More chance of further upside with DIL now, SLI will peter out around $2.25-$2.30.
Wow you know I hold SLI and you can read my mind as well?
Could you open another fortune cookie please? And let me know the next step ;) lol
Im thinking of selling half atm and back into DIL, however, not rushing into DIL, ATM doesn't look like its going to have a good week. Thoughts?

baller18
15-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Only selling half, thinking when the annual report comes out, SLI's going to have another run. However, I do believe the price will peter out around $2.25 - $2.30 as well...Arghhh

baller18
15-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Only selling half, thinking when the annual report comes out, SLI's going to have another run. However, I do believe the price will peter out around $2.25 - $2.30 as well...Arghhh
My bad ATM meaning at the moment.. lol

bull....
16-07-2013, 10:31 AM
With dil coming off the boil some of this money may come too sli

baller18
16-07-2013, 12:19 PM
With dil coming off the boil some of this money may come too sli
Yup looks like it bull, whats your view on the SP by end of this week?
Looks like today will finish around at $2.35-$2.37.

baller18
16-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Sold half of SLI... thinkin to put more in DIL or not...
hard decisions

baller18
17-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Ever think of running with profits to buy more DIL on its support level at $6.30 baller? Once that money is banked, it's yours. More chance of further upside with DIL now, SLI will peter out around $2.25-$2.30.
Damn moosie, should've taken your moosie words yesterday after I sold half of SLI and accumulated more of DIL!!!!
DAMMIT!

baller18
23-07-2013, 03:52 PM
wow... SLI could soon break $2.4...

bull....
24-07-2013, 10:48 AM
wow... SLI could soon break $2.4...

yea looking good for $18 lol

baller18
24-07-2013, 03:06 PM
wow it through to 2.45 with major support at 2.43... No sellers at $2.45, only seller at 2.48, damn sold out too soon!!!

baller18
24-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Imagine the peeps who got in at $1.5!!!

baller18
26-07-2013, 04:18 PM
$2.55... wow

bull....
26-07-2013, 04:29 PM
$2.55... wow

cool only $15.45 to go lol

baller18
26-07-2013, 04:31 PM
cool only $15.45 to go lol
haha don't be a smart ass ay bull!
Just amazed by how well SLI is doing..

bull....
26-07-2013, 04:34 PM
SaaS service providers are potentially big cash cows in the future just look at xero potential only limited by the number of customers they can get , that why sli go agressive for customers -get them become a cash cow

baller18
26-07-2013, 04:37 PM
SaaS service providers are potentially big cash cows in the future just look at xero potential only limited by the number of customers they can get , that why sli go agressive for customers -get them become a cash cow
Are you a holder of SLI bull?
I sold out too early as I saw Dil as a better invesment

bull....
26-07-2013, 04:41 PM
ya baller ivebeen trading it from day 1 and still have some

baller18
26-07-2013, 04:46 PM
ya baller ivebeen trading it from day 1 and still have some

Good on ya! Must have made a killing!! Congrats!

baller18
06-08-2013, 01:17 PM
SLI falling on no news...

baller18
06-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Basing SLI's uptrend and downtrend from moving averages, seems like it will go further down to $2...

baller18
06-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Yup, I sold out a while ago, all of it to put more in DIL, but who knew DIL would....
Thinking to get back into SLI if it hits $2.. Your thoughts? Still not keen on SLI

baller18
06-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Yup, I'll only get it in for the short term, rather than the long term, as they can be up against the likes of google and etc. Down to $2.11 moosie, $2 looking possible...
Accounts being out of whack like DIL then we will prob see it back to $1.50 lol

baller18
06-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Hey don't forget about my rocket with DIL! Might not be as big as yours, but might needs launching too! lol!

baller18
16-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Down to $2, if it goes any lower would it be a good buy in?
The whole markets taking a beating...

Rastas
26-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Announcement:
GENERAL: SLI: June 2013 Results Announcement Date

SLI
26/08/2013 17:29
GENERAL

REL: 1729 HRS SLI Systems Limited

GENERAL: SLI: June 2013 Results Announcement Date

June 3013 Results Announcement Date

SLI will release its results for the period ended 30 June 2013 on Wednesday
28 August 2013.

Rod Garrett
Chief Financial Officer
End CA:00240205 For:SLI Type:GENERAL Time:2013-08-26 17:29:36

Predictions anyone? Will the targets be met?

bull....
27-08-2013, 10:38 AM
yea lets hope they are making good use of the ipo funds , i just topped up recently again so lets hope its good

Crow
28-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Good results today, slightly better than forecasted. Can see $2.25 being hit and being the norm for the next wee while. Congrats to holders :)

Yeah still reading and happy with what I've seen so far.

bull....
28-08-2013, 09:41 AM
esp good about customers positioning in brazil and japan and new products coming maybe 2.40 more today :t_up:

baller18
28-08-2013, 09:57 AM
I must say, I was sceptical at best about SLI listing and taking on the big boys, but lining up and slightly beating forecasts with strong growth ahead, I am now thinking a bit differently...
Should've got in a week and a bit ago when it was $1.90ish eh moosie?

Snow Leopard
30-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Thought I might buy a few SLI and discovered that there is not enough on the sell side at a sensible price to get a worth while parcel.

Please send more sellers!

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Snow Leopard
30-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Thought I might buy a few SLI and discovered that there is not enough on the sell side at a sensible price to get a worth while parcel.

Please send more sellers!

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Wow, that actually worked!

Toe now dipped in. If it goes well then I will build up a meaningful holding.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

baller18
26-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Whoa, didn't expect SLI to drop so much, thinking of getting back in...

bull....
26-09-2013, 03:36 PM
looks like headed lower to me

Crow
08-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Watching with interest as SLI hits the $1.80 barrier. Should be major resistance there but no one has appeared yet and the trend is steadily lower on the back of low turnover. If it breaks this could be the start of a broader down trend back to IPO price of $1.50 (I also notice WYN is testing it's IPO price as well around now...). Shareholders may have been spooked by Ms Costa cashing in her options and selling right away on market.

How you doing there PT? Toe still dipped in?

I'm telling myself if i don't look it won't hurt :cursing:

Crow
08-10-2013, 07:04 PM
New long term holder eh Crow? don't worry she shouldn't stay down too long, no reason why it should other than insiders selling excess shares to fund vacations!

dare I ask your average buy price?

Was always long term holder then had to sell due to unforeseen circumstances (after having bought at 1.75) then bought back in at price that was too high hence the pain. Not too bitter though as when i initially sold used some proceeds to do another long term hold in SML. :t_up:

Oh got out of SNK at 0.10 took hit nothing major but had bad feeling and glad i did. Back to SLI....if i ever get in a position to might look at averaging down, but happy with what I have for now and best to make sure cover other things on my radar. Set myself targets and all that.

andysh
02-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Research from Edison: http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/research/company/sli-systems

couta1
12-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on why Sli is still below $2 after a good recent report and with growth continuing in the U.S as opposed to GeoOp with lofty price and I would have though Sli a better company at this point in time Disc-Hold Sli

couta1
12-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks Moosie, I bought mine at 2.25 but I'm hanging onto then I think this company's got good potential,moosie how would you compare Sli to GeoOp long term?

percy
13-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on why Sli is still below $2 after a good recent report and with growth continuing in the U.S as opposed to GeoOp with lofty price and I would have though Sli a better company at this point in time Disc-Hold Sli

Suggest you read earlier posts on this thread.
Sparky The Clown post No.23.
Dellow post No.39.
CJ post No.40.

bull....
13-11-2013, 10:17 AM
ive been in since lows at 1.80 want to see it rise above 2

bull....
26-11-2013, 05:09 PM
yea this company is annoying allotments galore, no news since they listed really about what they doing with their money, they need some pr

Santiago
08-12-2013, 01:13 AM
Anyone have any idea what these guys are up to? Their numbers look good, earnings are impressive as is growth. SP would appear to be on the cheap side. However, you never hear anything from them. Why don't they want to tell their story?

some interesting comments here: you'd have to think they're up to something...

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/SLI-Systems-Reviews-E510679.htm

noodles
08-12-2013, 09:41 AM
earnings are impressive
I think you may have a typo there. They has a loss of $2 mill last year.

Scottman
08-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Just a note on the WYN comment Moosie. DO you think there's a complete lack of understanding with investors on what it is that their products actually do & how they work. How many actually do diligent research ?

I had to search hard to find examples/ demonstrations of just that. Certainly nothing on their website but if you look at youtube check out how they find information using Enron emails as an example and narrow things down from 1000s of company emails.

couta1
08-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Just a note on the WYN comment Moosie. DO you think there's a complete lack of understanding with investors on what it is that their products actually do & how they work. How many actually do diligent research ?

I had to search hard to find examples/ demonstrations of just that. Certainly nothing on their website but if you look at youtube check out how they find information using Enron emails as an example and narrow things down from 1000s of company emails.
I think the same could be said about SLI, they are number 2 in the states in what they do with some big time customers and lofty expansion plans with happy customers and staff to boot

bull....
10-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Agrre wyn PR is really good compared to sli, I contacted sli thru there website 2 mths ago with some questions still waiting to hear back.
Little things like this tell alot about a company

Santiago
16-12-2013, 07:20 AM
I bought into these guys thinking their product had promise. I still think it does. I just wish they'd take being listed more seriously and communicate. Last investor update was positive at least. Pretty disheartening comment, Bull. If they can't get that stuff right, you have to wonder about everything else...

Hawkeye
16-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Agreed. I'm in the same boat, I bought some thinking their product was good, and I hope what happened to Bull.... was a one off glitch

couta1
16-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Agreed. I'm in the same boat, I bought some thinking their product was good, and I hope what happened to Bull.... was a one off glitch
They seem to be doing the business with the right people on board, the share price is frustrating though

couta1
17-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Fast heading toward IPO issue price now, people must be getting sick of perceived no action happening here lets move on boys

Santiago
17-12-2013, 10:38 AM
I am concerned that if they're inept at managing the requirements and responsibilities of being listed, then what that might mean with regards to the rest of their business.

couta1
17-12-2013, 10:54 AM
I am concerned that if they're inept at managing the requirements and responsibilities of being listed, then what that might mean with regards to the rest of their business.
Looks like they may have Dil type reinstatement problems down the track as well, think ill be getting out once it hits my buy price of $2.25, that is if it gets back to that price,could do well medium term but not sure of its long term prospects?

couta1
17-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Might as well hold on if it ever hits tgat price again, means things aee going well!

Have you had a review of your buying/selling strategies couta?
Certainly have Moosie, one of my biggest mistakes is paying too much for some shares I now see waiting and buying at this time of the year would be a better plan plus moving certain shares around too much has cost me a lot in gains and brokerage, its been a sharp learning curve but over enthusiastic types like us tend to make mistakes that others wouldn'twouldn't

couta1
17-12-2013, 11:24 AM
very true, I used to have the exact same problem! Controlling emotions is the hardest part of sharetrading. when you can lock in 1/3 your annual salary in lossesand still smile, not have it effect your personal life and know you'll get it back ny restrategising, you know you're doing well!
I'm pretty well locked down with a lot of my portfolio at the moment sitting on paper loses of 22% for Ttk and Sli and 50% for Dil not willing to realise any more loss right now, will sit it out, I've lost about 2 yrs earnings on CNU, will be building up a cash pile next year but may not put anymore into the share market with interest rates set to rise there will be some good bond offers on the horizon, we must all put things into perspective though money is only a tool we use but it can't buy the most important things we consider dear to us

couta1
20-12-2013, 09:30 AM
SLI add another Director with a wealth of experience to their board, with the number of top notch people they've added to the company this year and the continued growth we should be looking at a much healthier share price this time next year, surprises me people are willing to sell so cheaply they obviously have no faith in the company

Santiago
20-12-2013, 10:39 AM
How can they resolve that?

Santiago
20-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Bugger. This could be one to hold... For a long long time

couta1
20-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Bugger. This could be one to hold... For a long long time
My sentiments exactly

Hawkeye
07-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Bit of a jump today, wonder if there is something going on.

winner69
07-01-2014, 06:51 PM

The other day NBR republished an article they did at the IPO time reminding punters what the true value there is embedded in SLI

And this time of the year punters like these stories and buy during their holidays already to profit in the new year

I think it a great company but somehow they need to get punters aware of what they actually do and the potential there is

couta1
07-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Probably just a spinoff from what was going on with Wynyard but sure would be good to see this baby make a move,quite a frustrating stock to own at this point

couta1
13-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Getting a wee boost today and sellers thinning out could this growth stock also in for a run up,hope so its overdue,maybe if Dil has a good report these two could take off ? Hope so

Santiago
13-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Despite Moosie's comments on allotments above, if these guys had good news and decided to put it to the market, I have no doubt the SP would run up like WYN and XRO. The question is whether they have anything positive going on, and whether they know how to communicate it.

couta1
13-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Despite Moosie's comments on allotments above, if these guys had good news and decided to put it to the market, I have no doubt the SP would run up like WYN and XRO. The question is whether they have anything positive going on, and whether they know how to communicate it.
They definitely have positive growth going on but as you say communication seems to be their problem,holding tight

Santiago
13-01-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm holding because I reckon they've got a good product (not that I've ever used it, but I've researched it) and good people behind it. I'm not sure they know how to take it to the next level, but the potential is there. There's enough of a possibility they'll be the next growth story to make holding worthwhile, IMHO.

baller18
13-01-2014, 03:22 PM
on such low volumes, sellers will appear, just a matter of time..

baller18
14-01-2014, 09:05 AM
One billion search queries.. Looks like SLI will get a lift today

couta1
14-01-2014, 09:15 AM
One billion search queries.. Looks like SLI will get a lift today
Should do and when the next income figures are announced I'm expecting a big jump in share price to go along with the increase in search queries,worth holding and being patient

bull....
14-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Should do and when the next income figures are announced I'm expecting a big jump in share price to go along with the increase in search queries,worth holding and being patient

Its good to see they are finally communicating, but I dont see a big jump like wyn occurring untill they announce the signing of a big new customer

couta1
14-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Wow opened at $2.30 and where are the sellers?

couta1
14-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Now $2.50 and still not a lot of sellers

Santiago
14-01-2014, 10:53 AM
One market release and look what happens... Would be good to be able to assess the significance of the figures (1 billion search requests in the timeframe etc)

couta1
14-01-2014, 11:01 AM
One market release and look what happens... Would be good to be able to assess the significance of the figures (1 billion search requests in the timeframe etc)
Yeah and with growth being in would we see a 3 in front of price on next good sales figures,tempting to sell today though and buy more back cheaper don't think this price will hold up for long on this news alone

Santiago
14-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Yeah and with growth being in would we see a 3 in front of price on next good sales figures,tempting to sell today though and buy more back cheaper don't think this price will hold up for long on this news alone

Well, it does suggest they're growing at around 50%, which is beyond what they forecasted in their investor presentation late last year. So while it's not spelled out so clearly, the suggestion is that they're exceeding their forecasts, if indeed that can be extrapolated from search requests (which, depending on how they charge for their service, probably can't be linked in such a direct way I suppose). You're probably right, not quite enough to sustain a rally. But good to see them talking to the market nonetheless.

couta1
14-01-2014, 12:04 PM
Well, it does suggest they're growing at around 50%, which is beyond what they forecasted in their investor presentation late last year. So while it's not spelled out so clearly, the suggestion is that they're exceeding their forecasts, if indeed that can be extrapolated from search requests (which, depending on how they charge for their service, probably can't be linked in such a direct way I suppose). You're probably right, not quite enough to sustain a rally. But good to see them talking to the market nonetheless.
Yes I think there will be a good surprise in stall for us on next sales announcement figures,definitely the dark horse now with Wyn having done a runner.

Schrodinger
14-01-2014, 12:48 PM
I think we are witnessing the golden tech run atm. Lets hope it doesnt turn into the tech bubble. Hope there are 3 or 4 good floats coming up.

Santiago
14-01-2014, 12:57 PM
I think we are witnessing the golden tech run atm. Lets hope it doesnt turn into the tech bubble. Hope there are 3 or 4 good floats coming up.

Yup, I'm a bit worried about that- any old announcement causes a frenzy. Reminds me of the Bay Area in 2000. And then... Pop. These guys need to keep delivering. I have to say, WYN meeting their targets, SLI clearly ramping up, and (we hope) ongoing growth from XRO suggest there is merit to the run. Still, investors need to maintain cynicism. A couple more companies on the exchange in this sector would probably be a pretty good thing.

Hawkeye
14-01-2014, 01:03 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11186242&ref=rss

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/sli-shares-soar-after-december-search-queries-top-1-billion-bd-150678

Schrodinger
14-01-2014, 01:06 PM
The biggest bubble surely has to be GEO. $80M MC on $250k sales.

klid
14-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Quite intrigued by this company. I've just noticed something which struck me as interesting - reading today's article on Stuff it mentioned:

"It now has about 130 staff with offices in San Jose, California, London, Melbourne and Christchurch."

And Diligent (doing a comparison) has 90 employees (66 at 30/09/12).

The difference in this, revenues, and market cap all strikes me as rather interesting but I don't know what to make of it all.. ?? Any ideas?

klid
14-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Hmm yeah. Another interesting thing I just stumbled upon, I wondered... hmm, eCommerce, and search, I put those two words together and thought... Amazon!
So had a look at their search, seems similar, and it's powered by this company I hadn't heard of, A9. Where are these guys positioned in the game?

Longhaul
14-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Hmm yeah. Another interesting thing I just stumbled upon, I wondered... hmm, eCommerce, and search, I put those two words together and thought... Amazon!
So had a look at their search, seems similar, and it's powered by this company I hadn't heard of, A9. Where are these guys positioned in the game?

Looks like A9 is an Amazon company. http://a9.com/

nickreid
15-01-2014, 11:46 AM

Hi Couta - any idea when the next income figures are announced or will we have to wait for the FY14 annual report? Thanks

couta1
15-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi Couta - any idea when the next income figures are announced or will we have to wait for the FY14 annual report? Thanks
I think were going to have to wait until the annual report at this point

Bella52
15-01-2014, 11:53 AM
These guys, look like they are delivering, nice niche product, good share in their market.

couta1
15-01-2014, 11:55 AM
These guys, look like they are delivering, nice niche product, good share in their market.
Yep if were patient we will be duely rewarded and even surprised,holding tight

klid
15-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Revenues, margins etc are quite different between those two companies! As has been said before, unfortunately SLI doesn't communicate with the market enough so we don't know if they're on target for prospectus forecasts or not. Hopefully today is a change in communication from SLI. Still too much overhang though; think the drop off at days end was due a bit to this. Careful out there, not every company is going to do a WYN just cause thetes plenty of money floating around!
I haven't read enough analysis on this company, yet so much on DIL, so I am interested in comparing DIL and SLI again.

DIL worth 400m
SLI worth 140m

DIL revenue Y/E 30/06/2013 - ~$60m USD
SLI revenue Y/E 30/06/2013 - ~$15m USD

Growth, maybe this is the kicker, but aren't SL I growing a lot faster than DIL? Maybe speculation.
If they are growing at a good pace, is the share price potentially quite undervalued?

winner69
15-01-2014, 05:59 PM
I haven't read enough analysis on this company, yet so much on DIL, so I am interested in comparing DIL and SLI again.

DIL worth 400m
SLI worth 140m

DIL revenue Y/E 30/06/2013 - ~$60m USD
SLI revenue Y/E 30/06/2013 - ~$15m USD

Growth, maybe this is the kicker, but aren't SL I growing a lot faster than DIL? Maybe speculation.
If they are growing at a good pace, is the share price potentially quite undervalued?

I have SLI at $19m for June 13 year which by the look of it from commentary was +25%. They say somewhere June 14 year to be +34% so let's say this years revenues $25m. Your $140m is thus just under 6 times sales

DIL with revenues $60m (prob higher) is 40% growth and at400m is 6.6 times sales

So both prices roughly the same but DIL has higher growth rate
L
I

Crow
16-01-2014, 09:26 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140113-908898.html

Harvey Specter
16-01-2014, 09:29 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20140113-908898.htmlIts just the press release (literally). Even though it is the WSJ, I dont think anyone will actually read it unless they are doing a search.

Crow
16-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Its just the press release (literally). Even though it is the WSJ, I dont think anyone will actually read it unless they are doing a search.

:) Was still pleasing to see.

couta1
20-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Price rising slowly could see a significant rise in this pup also on their next financial announcement,holding tight

Harvey Specter
20-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Price rising slowly could see a significant rise in this pup also on their next financial announcement,holding tightI have been waiting for a small retracement but it just seems to be going up a few cents a day.

couta1
20-01-2014, 11:52 AM
I have been waiting for a small retracement but it just seems to be going up a few cents a day.
Up 10c today as we speak

couta1
20-01-2014, 12:17 PM
I actually think SLI may be tracking WYN by the looks of things

Harvey Specter
20-01-2014, 12:24 PM
I actually think SLI may be tracking WYN by the looks of thingsPossibly. GEO is the surprise, its up heaps on no news, at least SLI had its 1B search announcement.

couta1
20-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Possibly. GEO is the surprise, its up heaps on no news, at least SLI had its 1B search announcement.
GEOs share price is a joke IMHO and SLI has a quality team with massive potential,looking for price to hit $3 by mid year

couta1
20-01-2014, 12:41 PM
GEO is just a vehicle for speculators to trade money and gamble. SLI may be tracking but does it deserve the higher valuation, or are we all just following the hot money?
We will see on their next significant announcement but I say yes they do:t_up:

couta1
20-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Good to see the positive vibes flowing couta!
Have to Moosie after all I'm running a loss over at xro at the moment:mellow:

couta1
21-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Going up again not too many sellers,may have to think about selling some out if it keeps rising?

couta1
21-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Hold couta. Watch for resistance and lower volume for a sell point. Enjoy the uptrend, looks like its just getting started ;)
Cheers Moosie,this thing could be a dark horse long term

Crow
21-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Hold couta. Watch for resistance and lower volume for a sell point. Enjoy the uptrend, looks like its just getting started ;)

2.65 - 2.90 Woah that's massive spread.....mmm :eek2:

couta1
21-01-2014, 11:39 AM
2.65 - 2.90 Woah that's massive spread.....mmm :eek2:
Seems no one wants to sell this pup cheap anymore people must be expecting good results coming up

Crow
21-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Well I'm not selling...lol they can go elsewhere.:t_down:

Santiago
21-01-2014, 11:52 AM
You gotta wonder what a positive announcement would do for this stock. Being a long term holder I do prefer steady incremental increase...

klid
21-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Well I'm not selling...lol they can go elsewhere.:t_down:

Sold yesterday at 2.51 guttteddd

Crow
21-01-2014, 12:54 PM

:( - But who knows things could change and you get another chance.

winner69
21-01-2014, 03:07 PM
The other day NBR republished an article they did at the IPO time reminding punters what the true value there is embedded in SLI

And this time of the year punters like these stories and buy during their holidays already to profit in the new year

I think it a great company but somehow they need to get punters aware of what they actually do and the potential there is

That was a couple of weeks ago ....it was a good story even though zones old but prompted buying some in the 180s - esp with the sector getting hot and an awakening from the doldrums due

Will be holding until the chart says lighten up or sell

A billion searches go a long way

winner69
21-01-2014, 03:14 PM

Seeing you so keen why sell yesterday

SLI has been going up every day lately (closed higher every day) and yesterday was no exception

Completely overvalued but prices driven by emotion/sentiment etc and that is what matters ......and at the moment sentiment is really positive ...the trend is your friend

klid
21-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Seeing you so keen why sell yesterday

SLI has been going up every day lately (closed higher every day) and yesterday was no exception

Completely overvalued but prices driven by emotion/sentiment etc and that is what matters ......and at the moment sentiment is really positive ...the trend is your friend

Well I bought only at 2.45 on that news, then when the demand dwindled I got scared (if I did a market sell I would have lost a LOT) so when I saw a chance to cut even (even make a small profit) I took it. :(

One day I might learn. Maybe.

mrjeems
21-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Seems like a lot of resistance at $3 though. Maybe if enough sellers hang around there the buyers will dry up and you'll have a re-entry chance.

couta1
21-01-2014, 05:12 PM
TE=klid;456190]Well I bought only at 2.45 on that news, then when the demand dwindled I got scared (if I did a market sell I would have lost a LOT) so when I saw a chance to cut even (even make a small profit) I took it. :(

One day I might learn. Maybe.[/QUOTE]
Dont worry ive done that before with xro and others easy to look back in hindsight,was tempted to pull the trigger myself but saw trend was on up so removed order with a little Moosecouragement to help confirm my stance,looks like$2.85 offering resistance

klid
21-01-2014, 05:21 PM
I do it all the time, honestly, I need someone to vet my trades.
I sold them all too, not 80-90% like I was originally indending *slaps himself in face*
I will keep my eye on it :)

couta1
21-01-2014, 05:34 PM
I do it all the time, honestly, I need someone to vet my trades.
I sold them all too, not 80I'0% like I was originally indending *slaps himself in face*
I will keep my eye on it :)
Last year i moved things around like a dogs breakfast and it cost me a lot of money as a lot of the time after id sold the price climbed for a few more days,certain personality types seem prone to this disorder including me and your trades end up as investments and your investments trades but im improving and so will you plus there are plenty of good people on here to help and guide you along like Moosie,Winner,Snapiti and many others( Sorry cant name you all) Cheers

Crow
22-01-2014, 08:17 AM
http://www.sli-systems.com/blog/2014/01/2014-could-be-the-year-that-online-retailers-outsmart-amazon.html

couta1
22-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Moosie looks like some strong resistance around $2.90 mark,thoughts?

couta1
22-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Psychological resistagood$3.00. This level has not bern teached before so you need to carefully watch buying/selling behaviour and watch for a drop off in volume with lower buy prices. Quick look says let her run a bit more. I suggest using either a PS ratio (using say 8-10x sales forecasted) to get a price target (which told me to take profits on WYN). However, keep in mind we are in the middle of an irrational market. :)
Cheers,I think it will cruise past $3 on next good announement but the hard thing to work out is how much it may drop between times so is it worth selling and buying back cheaper,maybe this year none of these type stocks are going to have any significant drops between updates?

couta1
22-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Only just starting to look at this stoc more closely. What is the next announcement that you are expecting related to? Cheers.
The annual report highlighting growth,revenue etc but may not be to around May,but you never know they may spring us with some growth in clients before that?

Harvey Specter
22-01-2014, 11:40 AM
I suggest using either a PS ratio (using say 8-10x sales forecasted) to get a price target (which told me to take profits on WYN). However, keep in mind we are in the middle of an irrational market. :)I used a PS ratio of 20 to get out of XRO. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Crow
22-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Opps :scared:

klid
22-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Random how it suddenly falls like that. Down 8% at $2.63 but VWAP $2.868

couta1
23-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Moose says hold :)
Moosie looks like i should have sold at $2.85 and bought back in cheaper below $2.60 now,oh well live and learn

klid
23-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Golly, might have to buy some again...

couta1
23-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Golly, might have to buy some again...
Perhaps you should,you sold at $2.51 so go for it looks to be stabilizing now

klid
23-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Yeah I saw at 2.40 and was tempted but wouldn't buy over that really. There were only ~800 offered when I looked and way gone now. Holding cash :)

couta1
23-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Be warned, the recent run is ending and all those stocks that went running the past 2 weeks are going to have ruthless profit taking going on right now. SLI included. I would hold cash for now.
Hey Moosie this advice seems the opposite to the Moosie says hold of yesterday,I guess if your long It doesn't matter but the idea of selling and buying back the same number of shares cheaper and banking 4k would have been a good choice also

couta1
23-01-2014, 04:33 PM
if you bought sub $2, definitely hold and use as a buffer for a long term hobarrier?youre chasing momentum then cash up and wait for consolidation or go bargain hunting elsewhere ;)
Ta Moosie paid $2.25 so a bit to play with depends on where it heads to $2.40 seems a big resistance barrier to me?

couta1
23-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Not sure, might have to figure this one out by yourself couta, sorry!
No worries will be at work all day tommorow so won't have to look but will set up order and get DB to alter by phone if it gets worse

couta1
24-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Stayed home from work this morning to watch things,was nearly ready to bail if it went past$2.45 but seems to have picked up,plenty of bargains over at Sum or Rym if I do bail

goldfish
24-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Looks like 240 support at the moment, was tested yesterday but pushed back up by bulls, could have rallied today but opened lower and headed south then a small rally at the moment but looks like we have got a downtrend at the moment, im guessing 240 close and if not at close then trend down till we sit at that support. Then unknowen at moment.
Still showing oversold on the indicators.
Agree ? disagree?

couta1
24-01-2014, 12:35 PM
No trades since 11 holding at $2.55

couta1
24-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Looks like a Mexican standoff going on here?

couta1
24-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Looks like 240 support at the moment, was tested yesterday but pushed back up by bulls, could have rallied today but opened lower and headed south then a small rally at the moment but looks like we have got a downtrend at the moment, im guessing 240 close and if not at close then trend down till we sit at that support. Then unknowen at moment.
Still showing oversold on the indicators.
Agree ? disagree?
Not sure about that,doesn't seem anyone wants to sell below $2.55

couta1
30-01-2014, 09:06 AM
SLI opens Japanese office and appoints sales director

couta1
04-02-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm quite impressed with how this stock is holding up,I know its low volume but its up today,looking forward to next sales figures

Santiago
04-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Any idea when next numbers are due out? These guys haven't been great at comms, but maybe they'll let us know how they're tracking before the annual report.

In4a$
04-02-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm quite impressed with how this stock is holding up,I know its low volume but its up today,looking forward to next sales figures
Of my 13 holdings SLI the only one in the green with buyers, hopefully the rest will stop declining and start correcting.

Harvey Specter
04-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Of my 13 holdings SLI the only one in the green with buyers, hopefully the rest will stop declining and start correcting.Its the only green on my whole watchlist.

couta1
19-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Keep holding those shares folks,release of new learning product plus half year financial out in a week:cool:

Hawkeye
19-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Keep holding those shares folks,release of new learning product plus half year financial out in a week:cool:

The new product...

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SLI/announcements/247150

Snow Leopard
24-02-2014, 02:32 PM
A few days ago I was fishing for shares around the $2.50 mark and now the SP is a-wandering up near $2.75.
Wish I had managed to get a few more than I did.

I guess that this is in anticipation of Wednesday and the results?

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

bull....
24-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Think since they sorted out there PR the market likes them a bit more now

Santiago
24-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Think since they sorted out there PR the market likes them a bit more now

Still, despite that, I have no idea how their results are going to look, unless I missed something recently.

bull....
24-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Still, despite that, I have no idea how their results are going to look, unless I missed something recently.

If they meet what they forecast which is what is expected good if its better probably will bounce

couta1
26-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Results out,have met forecasts,growth plans look solid,a keeper I say,price looks like its dropping,any thoughts?

Hawkeye
26-02-2014, 12:39 PM
The results:
https://www.nzx.com/companies/SLI/announcements/247512

Harvey Specter
26-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Results out,have met forecasts,growth plans look solid,a keeper I say,price looks like its dropping,any thoughts?It hasn't dropped that far. My guess is traders bought in hoping for a surprise, not arose, so they sold down. If there had been a positive surprise and the price had gone up, we probably would have been claiming insider trading.

Good result. Progressing ahead of plan with accelerated push on sales.

Hawkeye
26-02-2014, 05:53 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11210351&ref=rss

couta1
04-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Perplexing price drop from a week ago?thoughts anyone?

Harvey Specter
04-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Perplexing price drop from a week ago?thoughts anyone?Looks like lots of $10k parcels so someone trying to exit. With no new news, no new buyers so price falls.

Santiago
08-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Perplexing price drop from a week ago?thoughts anyone?

And now a perplexing bounce back up. This company still remains a mystery, but probably one worth investing in if you've got the risk profile... I'd love to see them crack Japan with their new (one person) office. And some more dynamic leadership, but not everyone can be Rod I s'pose.

couta1
08-03-2014, 06:18 PM
And now a perplexing bounce back up. This company still remains a mystery, but probably one worth investing in if you've got the risk profile... I'd love to see them crack Japan with their new (one person) office. And some more dynamic leadership, but not everyone can be Rod I s'pose.
I'm staying long on this company,lots of potential,will be interesting to see how much the share price advances over the next year,people arnt going to stop searching for items they want any time soon and the easier they can find that item the better the sales outcome,simple really

Snow Leopard
21-03-2014, 04:28 PM
I think we need a positive announcement here or least some buyers

$2.34

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

couta1
24-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Man what is it with this stock,do people want weekly news flashes or what? Down to $2.30,should have Sold out at $2.80 and bought back in but didn't think it would head down this far again on no bad news,mental note for future added

couta1
24-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Heading toward its 26 week low on open,will need some more good figures to drive this pup up by the looks

Santiago
24-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Any information so we know how they're going in Brazil and Japan would be great. But as has been the way with these guys, no communication. I still think it's a good company. But it's definitely a long term play.

sharp
01-05-2014, 10:32 AM
SP recovery sluggish compared to other tech stocks. SLI fallen off public's radar or is there something else? Please enlighten me.

couta1
01-05-2014, 05:51 PM
SP recovery sluggish compared to other tech stocks. SLI fallen off public's radar or is there something else? Please enlighten me.
Frustrating sharp but patience required,they are still doing the business, we should see some more figures around June

Santiago
13-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Anyone got any views on today's investor presentation? No major news, more of the same. Overall, seems like steady progress from a company that is flying under the radar but essentially appears to be delivering pretty solid growth. Not a bad stock to be holding in the bottom drawer I reckon, with a market cap one 30th the size of XRO...

couta1
13-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Anyone got any views on today's investor presentation? No major news, more of the same. Overall, seems like steady progress from a company that is flying under the radar but essentially appears to be delivering pretty solid growth. Not a bad stock to be holding in the bottom drawer I reckon, with a market cap one 30th the size of XRO...

Pretty much what we already know with a few extras to make it full, should see some more figures come June.

Santiago
13-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Beware of the continuing allotments! Only 6M more to go!

Like I said, bottom drawer...!

couta1
05-06-2014, 04:34 PM
You really have to wonder about the mentality of some willing to sell at near IPO price when the company have just highlighted that they are on track, looking at possible acquisitions in order to break into new markets etc and some on here try to convince us we are dealing with an intelligent market, yeah right pass another tui:cool:

winner69
05-06-2014, 04:44 PM
You really have to wonder about the mentality of some willing to sell at near IPO price when the company have just highlighted that they are on track, looking at possible acquisitions in order to break into new markets etc and some on here try to convince us we are dealing with an intelligent market, yeah right pass another tui:cool:

I getting a bit worried about how many tuis you must have consumed lately .... too many

couta1
05-06-2014, 04:50 PM
I getting a bit worried about how many tuis you must have consumed lately .... too many
The way things are going I will need to take a stake in the tui factory either that or start throwing the empty bottles to wake up these dumb arse sellers, whoops control yourself couta your going back to the old shearing gang days:eek2:

couta1
25-06-2014, 09:42 AM
She's going to go below IPO listing price for the first time ever as far as I recall?

notooshabby
25-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Does anyone recall when their next report on revenue growth is due? Qtrly?

bull....
25-06-2014, 10:03 AM
I was a fan, but since have lost interest as they dont seem to have done anything since listing except pay some more salaries and issuing more shares

Bilbo
25-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Does anyone recall when their next report on revenue growth is due? Qtrly?

I suspect the next update will be their full year to 30 June. Have not seen a date for that being released. From what I can ascertain employees can't sell from 30 June until the day after the year end results are announced, so maybe the downward pressure has been caused by some selling converted options before the blackout period?

barleeni
28-06-2014, 10:16 AM
If you overlay the shareprice chart from February to now, SLI, PEB, GEO, and XRO (but more volatile) all have tracked steadily down, loosing almost 50% of their values. There could well be others, but those are the only ones I really look at in the sector.

Does the fact that they all show similarities prove that its sector sentiment that's driving the SP down, and that in actual fact the companies themselves aren't really doing anything wrong?

And if Wynyards hasn't fallen as far as these other companies, does that indicate that they are doing a better job than these others?

Lastly..................... is there a bottom in sight anyone care to make predictions when would be a good in / top up time for some of these stocks?

(p.s. I might post the same in the GEO thread, holding PEB and SLI from those mentioned)

noodles
28-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Does the fact that they all show similarities prove that its sector sentiment that's driving the SP down, and that in actual fact the companies themselves aren't really doing anything wrong?

I think you are correct. However, it was sector sentiment that pulled them up. I find it hard to value these companies as they don't make a profit.

Santiago
28-06-2014, 01:26 PM
All of them are probably better seen as long term plays. Any of them could be enormously successful. Similarly, they could fail. High risk investments, with potentially high returns or no returns. Who knows- hard to either give or take advice on these. Depends what you think of the product and management. Everyone has a different view. Best to make up your own mind and think very carefully about your appetite for risk, and how much, and when, you might need the money you're investing.

Hard to tell if we're at the bottom of this current sentiment driven cycle- only thing I reckon can be said for sure is that sentiment can change quickly when it does change. For example, I sat on Apple in the Nasdaq as it floundered for months wondering why I didn't sell out as it hit new low after low after low... And now look, it's all the way up again. However, Noodles' point above is a good one- Apple makes money.

Of the companies you mention above, PEB is the only one I don't think will ever make a cent. And maybe GEO too, though I don't know much about them. I personally think XRO and SLI will make it there to varying degrees, hopefully they will make a lot of money in 5 years or so (I'm holding both).

Yoda
11-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Constant share allocations couta. Someone from the early days is keen to sell because their missus wants a house extension. :p

Buy when others are selling and sell when they buy (using charts a guide of course!)

so do we buy now at 1.40 or just freak out.
the thread is very quiet..........:scared:

baller18
11-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Depth looks terrible, wait for the tide to turn, hold onto your cash or put it in some defensive stock (power companies or stocks with solid dividends have not been affected much, some have actually risen quite a bit during this peirod). Don't think right now with the market sentiment, investing in growth and non - profit companies is the best way to preserve your capital.