PDA

View Full Version : SKO - Serko.com

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

CJ
12-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Another potential IPO on the NZX - targeting September 2013

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8661665/Serko-shoots-for-stock-exchange

Corporate travel software developer Serko is aiming to float 25 per cent of its shares in September to raise $20 million of expansion and R&D capital.

[...]

The platform enforces corporate travel policies and helps manage risk as well as increasing productivity.

Serko's main product, Serko Online, is a cloud-based corporate travel booking engine that Grafton says is number one in market share in the Asia-Pacific region.

Serko has an impressive local and international client base, but remains little known, despite picking up a number of awards and funding from government development agencies.

http://www.serkoonline.com/

CJ
12-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Looks promising.

CJ
12-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Sparky - Agree. But still good that more options are presenting itself to investors on the NZX.

Re SLI, I have been doing a bit more reading following that article in the NBR. CAC is 2.2 years forcasting to drop to 2.0. Churn isn't bad but that is still a long time before you start making a profit, especially at 75% margin.

Sparky - I think you have said you have a few private (angle type) investments. Are any of these in the SaaS space or is your research in this area due to what you have done on Diligent?

Snow Leopard
12-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Serko are a well established company in their space, I remember first using their stuff back in 2007.

The devil is in the detail of course so until some hard numbers are available I will assume this is a 'possibly reasonable investment'.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

PS Serko was replaced by the competitor that our parent company used: I have a few stories about that.

bucko
12-05-2013, 12:49 PM
yeh my ears perked up this morning when i was reading that article... looks interesting from where im sitting, article mentions the $20m could be used for acquisitions, i wonder what they might be? i wouldnt imagine there are many competitors in this market locally?

I really need to expand my portfolio....mineral companies are killing me with the gold price at the moment

Hoop
12-05-2013, 02:24 PM
........I'm really concerned that we are starting to see the headlong rush into companies whose fundamentals aren't being properly considered, in industries with significant risk (software startups). In 2011, people were religiously scrutinising investments, caring about profits and performance. Now.... oh well, it's a tech company. Just invest in it.

What's the worst that can happen....?

This trading behaviour is one of the signs showing a mature (last stage) Bull Market Equity Cycle

bucko
12-05-2013, 03:23 PM
http://www.serkoonline.com/about-company.html

just reading up about the company now, looks like they must have a solid expansion plan in place...however im worried they would do another share offer later down the road when they have ran out of money and dillute the shares again...

Also reading about management and all their years experience...from my experience someone working 25 years in the NZ IT industry means Jack! I could be more competant in a managerial capacity than them and I'm 24.

Im cautiously optimistic, but i really want to look at the numbers before i make my mind up. Its quite an interesting opportunity, maybe Paper Tiger can tell us some of his stories :cool:

janner
12-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Looks promising.

Promises are easy CJ.. Any one for WDT or Rakon. ??..

janner
12-05-2013, 08:02 PM
That's right. Just give a software company that doesn't make profits $20m to go out and make some undefined acquisitions. Just trust the unknown company directors and their board.

Arguably you would be better to invest in the acquisition target!

I'm really concerned that we are starting to see the headlong rush into companies whose fundamentals aren't being properly considered, in industries with significant risk (software startups). In 2011, people were religiously scrutinising investments, caring about profits and performance. Now.... oh well, it's a tech company. Just invest in it.

What's the worst that can happen....?

A good post Sparky.. Especially if only for the reason that we have had quite a number of " newbies " join this illustrious Band of Brothers.. Over the past months..

Whom I will hasten to add are very welcome.. :-))

DYOR !!!..

CJ
13-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Looks promising.

Promises are easy CJ.. I just want to point out that I was not saying that I would definitely be investing. Its the option to be able to invest that I find promising - a diverse range of companies on the NZX is better than a few ex SOE's.

I wont start up another thread since Kiwiyo is 3 years away from an IPO (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10883175) but I just want to say that this guy has done well for himself ;)

Banksie
13-05-2013, 09:13 AM
It will be interesting to see Serko's metrics like

1. Lifetime value of a customer (ideally three times plus the cost of acquiring a customer)
2. How many months to recover of the cost of acquiring a customer (Months-CAC or CAC recovery)
3. Customer churn
4. Average Monthly Revenue per user or customer (ARPU)
There is more at the website below

http://www.forentrepreneurs.com/saas-metrics/

Thanks for sharing the metrics and link, good solid advice. :)

I am interested to know how you chase down some of the hard to find figures? In particular the CAC. It seems to me that the SaaS companies I have been researching are not publishing that information. Do the investor relationship contacts divulge it willingly?

Schrodinger
13-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Serko is a corporate travel platform play for corporates. These are typically at the larger end of town ~ 500+ employees. This is the sweet spot and where the true value can be shown by their software. If you think about corporate travel this includes, flights, taxis, hotels, restaurants etc. Serko provide the lowest possible travel costs and highest efficiency. The potential is massive and having a partnership with the 2 best companies in the industry provides other opportunities. The technology is shifting towards mobiles and a good place to understand where this is going is to look at the www.kds.com (http://www.kds.com) website which is a partner. Think best in class travel platform (check out KDS Neo overview) for any corporate travel. This may take a few years to play out due to customer aquisition but once they are locked in it is very sticky. Revenues are earned from throughput and typically take 2+years per customer to fully implement, but once it is fully utilised company wide it is a money machine.

I dont understand the SLI value prop but I get this one. Definitely in for this one=)

Schrodinger
13-05-2013, 11:00 AM
This will depend due to the time it takes to fully implement the system in a company. You could actually say they have 2 customers; the company and the users in the company. Usually the company will 'mandate' the systems usage and enforce it through corporate policy but this can take time to fully implement. The metrics will look average at the start due to this but improve as throughput is achieved.

baller18
29-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Looks like all tech stocks atm are doing quite well with no significant news, I'm wondering if SERKO will do the same.
Wynyard looks like it could go to $1.5 soon.
Is it because everyone is taking a tiny nibble hoping its the next Dil and XRO?

goldfish
29-07-2013, 11:03 AM
This is definetly one ill be keeping a eye on.

couta1
22-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Anyone keen for a STAG party???

http://i.stuff.co.nz/business/world/9631730/Serko-to-join-the-likes-of-Xero
Yes please,could be a nice set of antlers to put on the wall long term as well,I think you've got to have a wee dabble in all these type companies this year now don't you

gouba
22-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Sounds like fun, looks like a good opportunity to play.

Schrodinger
22-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Im in! Should be interesting as this will be a full IPO.

Harvey Specter
22-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Im in! Should be interesting as this will be a full IPO.I do wonder if the will list on the NZX or go straight to the ASX.

Will definately be one to look for. I will have to reassess my valuations as I thought both GEO (though I would happily paid $1, it just gapped up to much on listing) and SLI were too expensive, though I did pick WYN right.

Schrodinger
26-05-2014, 10:58 AM
IPO? Serko gears up for 'significant company announcement' today

Serko says it will announce a "significant company announcement" today at 11am.
The travel software company, which has doubled in size to around 100 staff over the past year, has (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 2) been the subject of NZX and ASX listing speculation.
The recent announcement of high-powered new board members further stoked the IPO rumours.
Serko's cloud software is used by travel agents, (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 99) disrupting the behemoth systems like Galileo that have been used for eons.
The Auckland company has also started selling its system to the likes of large Aussie mining outfits, who use to (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 29) coordinate and get the best price for massive FIFO (fly in-fly out) movements of staff between urban areas and mines as they work two weeks on, two weeks off.
Privately held Serko has not (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 71) released financials, but the latest TIN100 report (http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/survey-names-nzs-largest-fastest-growing-tech-cos-ck-147556) says its 2013 revenue was $5.3 million – the same figure as the study estimated for 2012.
If HR is anything to go by, the company is (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 13) growing at a rapid clip.
Founder Darrin Grafton told NBR in March, "We have grown from 42 to 94 staff in 12 months to support the growth with at least 30 more staff required in the short (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 2) term."
At that time, as a tech stock backlash hit the Nasdaq, ASX and NZX, Mr Grafton was cool on IPO talk.
Today, things could be heating up again.
Already there's been one IPO sign, (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 39) with the company noting on March 3 that its newly-appointed CFO Tim Bluett has experience with "high-profile, publicly listed companies including Telecom New Zealand, British Telecom, and Cable (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 2) & Wireless."
Serko was part of NZX and ASX-listed Gullivers Travel Group until Gullivers was bought by Australia's S8. Co-founders Mr Grafton and Bob Shaw bought it back in (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 57) 2007.

Schrodinger
26-05-2014, 11:19 AM
$67M cap, $17M-$22M raise, $1.10, 24 June. Listing on the main board: Full IPO.

Harvey Specter
26-05-2014, 11:25 AM
IPO? Serko gears up for 'significant company announcement' today

Serko says it will announce a "significant company announcement" today at 11am.
The travel software company, which has doubled in size to around 100 staff over the past year, has (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 2) been the subject of NZX and ASX listing speculation.
The recent announcement of high-powered new board members further stoked the IPO rumours.
Serko's cloud software is used by travel agents, (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 99) disrupting the behemoth systems like Galileo that have been used for eons.
The Auckland company has also started selling its system to the likes of large Aussie mining outfits, who use to (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 29) coordinate and get the best price for massive FIFO (fly in-fly out) movements of staff between urban areas and mines as they work two weeks on, two weeks off.
Privately held Serko has not (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 71) released financials, but the latest TIN100 report (http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/survey-names-nzs-largest-fastest-growing-tech-cos-ck-147556) says its 2013 revenue was $5.3 million – the same figure as the study estimated for 2012.
If HR is anything to go by, the company is (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 13) growing at a rapid clip.
Founder Darrin Grafton told NBR in March, "We have grown from 42 to 94 staff in 12 months to support the growth with at least 30 more staff required in the short (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 2) term."
At that time, as a tech stock backlash hit the Nasdaq, ASX and NZX, Mr Grafton was cool on IPO talk.
Today, things could be heating up again.
Already there's been one IPO sign, (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 39) with the company noting on March 3 that its newly-appointed CFO Tim Bluett has experience with "high-profile, publicly listed companies including Telecom New Zealand, British Telecom, and Cable (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 2) & Wireless."
Serko was part of NZX and ASX-listed Gullivers Travel Group until Gullivers was bought by Australia's S8. Co-founders Mr Grafton and Bob Shaw bought it back in (© Copyright Protected - The National Business Review 57) 2007.I think that story is copy right protected ;)

Schrodinger
26-05-2014, 11:27 AM
public announcement?

oldmate
26-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know how you can buy shares.

Schrodinger
26-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Prospectus:

http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/1927488/documents?backurl=%2Fcompanies%2Fapp%2Fui%2Fpages% 2Fcompanies%2Fsearch%3Fmode%3Dstandard%26type%3Den tities%26q%3DSerko

MPC
29-05-2014, 05:36 PM
I am unsure of this one, still reading through all the info. Any thoughts..?

Cheers,
MPC

Dilbert
29-05-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm not convinced on this one. It seems a few years before they will be profitable. Currently 95% focused in Aussie, so reliance on a single market, will they be able to crack asia?

Balance
30-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Shares are extremely hard to get - I believe only available from brokers who are bidding for stock.

Meanwhile, Chairman is taking $1m worth at same price as other investors and there is a lock up of directors' shares until 2016.

Looks good.

GizyGold
30-05-2014, 10:20 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/women-of-influence-2014/10101375/Entrepreneurs-bring-diversity-of-thought

looks like pretty good mgmt and have big plans in place, will def be oversubscribed

Wolf
30-05-2014, 10:57 AM
I emailed asb and they are not participating. Sound like you just apply for them directly? Interesting that Asb are participating in gen track but not serko. Maybe because gen is a dual listing? Serko is definitely my favourite of the two but still need to do more research. Neither seems entirely cheap tbh.

Balance
30-05-2014, 11:05 AM
I emailed asb and they are not participating. Sound like you just apply for them directly? Interesting that Asb are participating in gen track but not serko. Maybe because gen is a dual listing? Serko is definitely my favourite of the two but still need to do more research. Neither seems entirely cheap tbh.

Only 2 brokers can get stock for Serko in the retail pool - UBS and FNZC?

stoploss
30-05-2014, 11:06 AM
ANZ securities not participating either. Who is?!?!
Moosie Craigs are

Schrodinger
30-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Apply directly thropugh the SerkoIPO page when it opens 4th June: www.serkoshareoffer.co.nz (http://www.serkoshareoffer.co.nz)

Interesting board. Would prefer an influential Australian to get access to corporate accounts. They have one who has connections through IOD, but need another who has large corporate links. Not convinced about Claudia.

couta1
30-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Apply directly thropugh the SerkoIPO page when it opens 4th June: www.serkoshareoffer.co.nz (http://www.serkoshareoffer.co.nz)

Interesting board. Would prefer an influential Australian to get access to corporate accounts. They have one who has connections through IOD, but need another who has large corporate links. Not convinced about Claudia.
Claudia looks pretty good to me:cool:

Schrodinger
30-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Are you investing Couta? I need to know.

Harvey Specter
30-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Are you investing Couta? I need to know.Agree. Might be the only bit of DD I do on this one.

Snow Leopard
30-05-2014, 02:01 PM
So been around for a few years, have grown in that time, not quite been profitable and now going for a big bang with other peoples money.

Speccy play but with a lower risk than some companies I could mention.

Maybe buy some for the diversified portfolio of 'things that maybe'.

Best Wishes

Disc: These are my opinions, not investment advice.

silu
30-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Looks really good. Will definetely apply for some at the IPO.

silu
04-06-2014, 03:40 PM
I've read enough in the Investment Statement to throw some money towards this IPO. Interested in your thoughts and how many here are planning to participate?

Harvey Specter
04-06-2014, 04:13 PM
I like the fixed price, small capital raise. Founders taking some money out but subject to a long lockup on the rest, confidence by the chairman.

The business is harder to assess. The reliance on TMO is a bad thing(?) as they would be more likely to change to a competitor than a company(?). Why isn't the app out already?

Balance
04-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Serko can become profitable anytime they decide they want to. Meanwhile, they are focus on growth like Sky TV was in its earlier years.

Harvey Specter
05-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Serkos US competitor, and an indication of the market size:

http://fortune.com/2014/06/04/travelport-checks-in-for-an-ipo-in-the-u-s/

oldmate
06-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Serkos US competitor, and an indication of the market size:

http://fortune.com/2014/06/04/travelport-checks-in-for-an-ipo-in-the-u-s/

I live in Australia and just wanted to know if this IPO is creating a lot of excitement in NZ ie possibly a stag profit

Harvey Specter
06-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I live in Australia and just wanted to know if this IPO is creating a lot of excitement in NZ ie possibly a stag profitI haven't been walking down many streets but apparently:

"Word on the street is that demand for the Serko offer, which opened on Wednesday, has been strong."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11268760 In the second story.

Toasty
06-06-2014, 10:16 AM
I haven't been walking down many streets but apparently:

"Word on the street is that demand for the Serko offer, which opened on Wednesday, has been strong."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11268760 In the second story.

I just went outside to see what I could hear but I'm on a Quay.

Balance
06-06-2014, 10:25 AM
I live in Australia and just wanted to know if this IPO is creating a lot of excitement in NZ ie possibly a stag profit

Retail scaling back by 75%.

vorno
06-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Did anyone at Serko check the facts in their prospectus? I found a glaring inaccuracy in the form of a significant overstatement of the achievements of one person in the company.

...starting to sound like Moa

noodles
06-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Retail scaling back by 75%.

How do you know this? The offer has not closed.

Harvey Specter
06-06-2014, 10:56 AM
How do you know this? The offer has not closed.not closed, it has only just opened. I assume that is his best guess.

Xerof
06-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Did anyone at Serko check the facts in their prospectus? I found a glaring inaccuracy in the form of a significant overstatement of the achievements of one person in the company.

LOL, Belg mate, instead of flying kites, report the alleged discrepancy to the FMA, who I would point out, will already have performed extensive DD on all the facts outlined in the prospectus.

sharp
06-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Gentrack heavy scaling means this is where some of my funds are being invested in... any news of Serko being scaled?

couta1
06-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Gentrack heavy scaling means this is where some of my funds are being invested in... any news of Serko being scaled?
I'm picking this one will also be brutally scaled like Gentrack and don't forget its a smaller offer.

goldfish
06-06-2014, 02:31 PM

I can only imagine, as they are only offering 20 million odd worth i think we be lucky to get more then a few percent of what we apply for, my money went out last night though.

Balance
06-06-2014, 02:43 PM
not closed, it has only just opened. I assume that is his best guess.

Not best guess - fact.

Harvey Specter
06-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Not best guess - fact.I'll call you on that. Scaling could well be worse if Gentrack is anything to go by!

Mothman
06-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Strange the debit from my account was titled 'Hunter Downs Serko limited' ?

Mothman
06-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Applied for $11,000 worth, so will probably get $2,500 worth

silu
06-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Just got this e-mail and sent my application off. For lot less than I wanted though. DYOR!

Dear xxxxxxx

Further to the email earlier this week, Serko is receiving strong demand from investors. If you wish to subscribe for shares in the Serko IPO, we encourage you to action your application ASAP. The retail pool is likely to be closed early and possibly at very short notice.

You can apply online at www.serkoshareoffer.co.nz

Kind regards.

silu
06-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Just a quick question I couldn't answer straight away to my friend. What if one only applies for the minimum and it's heavily scaled back does it mean that the application might not be successful?

Harvey Specter
06-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Just a quick question I couldn't answer straight away to my friend. What if one only applies for the minimum and it's heavily scaled back does it mean that the application might not be successful?I think they have full discretion. You could still get scaled below the minimum application, provided it is a marketable parcel which is normally about $500 (there is a set minimum of shares per price band per NZX rules). Or they could give none or they could give all.

Harvey Specter
09-06-2014, 10:02 AM
The retail pool is likely to be closed early and possibly at very short notice.Given this statement from them, I expect it to close early (today?) and hopefully with no more than 50% scaling.

Lots of people will have excess funds after the Gentrack scaling.

sharp
09-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Bookbuild has closed. Scaling is expected. Looks like I will get again get a fraction of what I applied for... mixed feelings... good that there is a lot of demand... bad that I didn't get what I want. boohoo.

Harvey Specter
09-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Well that's pretty s***house! I was half way through filling in the paperwork when I read that! Once again the big boys dump everything into the IPO and lock out the small guys so they can bid it up to stag it on the first day. Unbelievable...The public offer would still be open - it is a different pool isn't it. Having said that, expect heavy scaling so will tie up money for nothing.

Harvey Specter
09-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Well that's pretty s***house! I was half way through filling in the paperwork when I read that! Once again the big boys dump everything into the IPO and lock out the small guys so they can bid it up to stag it on the first day. Unbelievable...paperwork??? - it takes about 3 minutes to do online.

RGR367
09-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Hi I'm new here. Anyway, with my frustration on Gentrack re scaling, I did not bother with this anymore. Just been getting minimum parcel of shares lately. Must be due to our trending up (sic) Market or those big boys are really hugging everything now.

Harvey Specter
09-06-2014, 04:12 PM
I'll still try if it's a different pool I guess
page 139 and 140 Doesn't say the size of the three pools

In theory they should favour the retail offer as it has no brokerage.

Schrodinger
09-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Well that's pretty s***house! I was half way through filling in the paperwork when I read that! Once again the big boys dump everything into the IPO and lock out the small guys so they can bid it up to stag it on the first day. Unbelievable...

Um lol??????

blackcap
09-06-2014, 05:08 PM
I just went through the process (for the first time) of applying for some shares online. (just 1000 mind). What "frightens" me is that there is no signature put on paper with the applications. I mean I know my brothers bank account number, his IRD number, his address and the CSN is not important. I could play a practical joke on him and apply in his name and bank account number and the registry would be none the wiser. Implication is that this could be done to yours truly as well by some unscrupulous individual. Do others share my concerns with the process or are there implied checks and balances that I am unaware of?

Harvey Specter
09-06-2014, 05:23 PM
I just went through the process (for the first time) of applying for some shares online. (just 1000 mind). What "frightens" me is that there is no signature put on paper with the applications. I mean I know my brothers bank account number, his IRD number, his address and the CSN is not important. I could play a practical joke on him and apply in his name and bank account number and the registry would be none the wiser. Implication is that this could be done to yours truly as well by some unscrupulous individual. Do others share my concerns with the process or are there implied checks and balances that I am unaware of?good point. While you do get an email confirmation, that is in no way linked to the owner if the bank account.

Silverlight
09-06-2014, 05:31 PM
I just went through the process (for the first time) of applying for some shares online. (just 1000 mind). What "frightens" me is that there is no signature put on paper with the applications. I mean I know my brothers bank account number, his IRD number, his address and the CSN is not important. I could play a practical joke on him and apply in his name and bank account number and the registry would be none the wiser. Implication is that this could be done to yours truly as well by some unscrupulous individual. Do others share my concerns with the process or are there implied checks and balances that I am unaware of?

And then your brother complains to the registry, who investigate, inform the police, who arrest you, and you get prosecuted for fraud. Great practical joke, ends you up in jail, hmmm... http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/world/9900311/April-Fools-prank-turns-legal-minefield

RGR367
09-06-2014, 05:40 PM
:) yeah, why would do a practical joke that will cost you at least a grand? But worry not, they will still reconfirm that with you later on so harm will not be done. Hope so.

vorno
09-06-2014, 06:24 PM
And then your brother complains to the registry, who investigate, inform the police, who arrest you, and you get prosecuted for fraud. Great practical joke, ends you up in jail, hmmm... http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/world/9900311/April-Fools-prank-turns-legal-minefield

Yeah... and we all know that fraud gets you longer than murder!

09-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Did we not apply the same way for the energy shares, except your IRD number was also required?

warthog
09-06-2014, 08:01 PM
page 139 and 140 Doesn't say the size of the three pools

In theory they should favour the retail offer as it has no brokerage.

Come on Hoop. It isn't about saving money for the client.

Hoop
09-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Come on Hoop. It isn't about saving money for the client.

:sleep:zzzzzzz....:blink:.....did someone mention my name?....

Harvey Specter
10-06-2014, 12:57 PM
The public pool has been closed:

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/dd8cde85/serko-closes-ipo-public-offer-early-may-scale-applications.html

It will be interesting to see what the scaling is for the public pool.

tango
10-06-2014, 01:32 PM
If the money out of my account can be used as an indication then my 5k application has been scaled back to the minimum of $1,100.

The full amount was deducted from my bank account last night.

sharp
10-06-2014, 01:47 PM
The full amount was deducted from my bank account last night.

Same here. Refund due after scaling?

Harvey Specter
10-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Same here. Refund due after scaling?Yip - standard practice (unfortunately).

jamiec26
10-06-2014, 01:59 PM
If they haven't deducted the direct debit from my account, I've most likely missed out? only small a parcel..

Cheer Jamie

Harvey Specter
10-06-2014, 02:08 PM
If they haven't deducted the direct debit from my account, I've most likely missed out? only small a parcel..When did you apply? Online or paper form?

If you applied before today, no reason it shouldn't go through.

Hmm
10-06-2014, 02:19 PM
If they haven't deducted the direct debit from my account, I've most likely missed out? only small a parcel..

Cheer Jamie

I contacted them yesterday as the same thing happened to me. They are supposedly doing the direct debit later on tonight.

Cheers

Radler
11-06-2014, 09:26 AM
I wonder if I bought the last available lot? I completed my order at 10:45am and just after it closed. Money came out last night

tango
11-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Same here. Refund due after scaling?

Yep! Which is why it's strange that silu says only part of his money was deducted

silu
11-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Yep! Which is why it's strange that silu says only part of his money was deducted

Sorry I got it wrong yesterday hence me deleting my post.

stoploss
11-06-2014, 10:36 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11271413

tango
22-06-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm looking forward to finding out what sort of allocation I get. We should get news tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

Harvey Specter
22-06-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm looking forward to finding out what sort of allocation I get. We should get news tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!it will be interesting. Hopefully by closing early, it won't be to bad - worse than 50%.

tango
23-06-2014, 09:47 AM
it will be interesting. Hopefully by closing early, it won't be to bad - worse than 50%.

I figured an early close meant they were many times oversubscribed. I expect scaling down to around 20%

tango
23-06-2014, 01:25 PM
No news here. Has anyone received their allotment email?

Harvey Specter
23-06-2014, 02:22 PM
No news here. Has anyone received their allotment email?I can confirm I have not been given a top spot on the Labour list.

* No email from Serko either

tango
23-06-2014, 02:42 PM
I can confirm I have not been given a top spot on the Labour list.

* No email from Serko either

I guess that means you're not rainbow or a woman? 😉

Xerof
23-06-2014, 03:02 PM
I can confirm I have not been given a top spot on the Labour list.

* No email from Serko either I wonder if DC is still at #1? I'd rather it be you Harvey:t_up:

RTM
23-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Anyone know what the ticker might be ?
SRK perhaps ?

noodles
23-06-2014, 03:07 PM
SRK perhaps ?
SKO
see https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/announcements

dingoNZ
23-06-2014, 03:09 PM
SRK perhaps ?

Serko - SKO

Alz99
23-06-2014, 04:37 PM
just a question if I purchased the shares via the sko website can I still sell them through asb securities?

my friend has done the same but does not have an securities account how can he sell?

tango
23-06-2014, 05:18 PM
just a question if I purchased the shares via the sko website can I still sell them through asb securities?

my friend has done the same but does not have an securities account how can he sell?

He can do a 1-off trade or set up an account. He needs to check with the broker for their terms and provide the relevant ID etc.

noodles
23-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Investors in the public pool component of the retail offer were progressively scaled as follows: up to 2,000 Serko shares applied for received 100%; between 2,001 and 5,000 shares applied for received 25%; between 5,001 and 10,000 shares applied for received 17.5%; and above 10,000 shares applied for received 9.84%.

blackcap
23-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Investors in the public pool component of the retail offer were progressively scaled as follows: up to 2,000
Serko shares applied for received 100%; between 2,001 and 5,000 shares applied for received 25%; between
5,001 and 10,000 shares applied for received 17.5%; and above 10,000 shares applied for received 9.84%.

Turboman
23-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Massive scaling on the public pool - looking good for a strong opening tomorrow!

My pick is $1.35

Balance
23-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Investors in the public pool component of the retail offer were progressively scaled as follows: up to 2,000
Serko shares applied for received 100%; between 2,001 and 5,000 shares applied for received 25%; between
5,001 and 10,000 shares applied for received 17.5%; and above 10,000 shares applied for received 9.84%.

So if you apply for 10,000 shares, you get 3625 shares - not too bad!

tango
23-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Is it listing at 10am

Mothman
23-06-2014, 08:21 PM
11am tomorrow

tango
23-06-2014, 09:28 PM
11am tomorrow

Thanks! Will look forward to it

Toasty
24-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Will Direct Broking update our portfolio or does this have to be done manually? Anyone know?

tango
24-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Will Direct Broking update our portfolio or does this have to be done manually? Anyone know?
Unless you bought it through DB (now ANZ) you will have to do it manually

Has anyone seen any orders waitlisted? Interested to see what price this will open at

Toasty
24-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Unless you bought it through DB (now ANZ) you will have to do it manually

Has anyone seen any orders waitlisted? Interested to see what price this will open at

Match price at the moment is $1.31. 30,000 shares on the block.

Balance
24-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Match price at the moment is $1.31. 30,000 shares on the block.'

Too early - watch the last 5 minutes before opening.

Toasty
24-06-2014, 09:53 AM
'

Too early - watch the last 5 minutes before opening.

I know I know, but its exciting!

Harvey Specter
24-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Quick refund of the oversubscription. Already in the account should I want to buy today.

tango
24-06-2014, 10:03 AM
I know I know, but its exciting!

It sure is! There's a big range of prices

RTM
24-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Quick refund of the oversubscription. Already in the account should I want to buy today.

Hey....you can have mine ! $1.40 ;)

tango
24-06-2014, 10:48 AM
LOL I was thinking the same thing RTM

paddy335
24-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Eagerly awaiting the commencement of trading

paddy335
24-06-2014, 11:03 AM
How's that for a dynamic first post on sharetrader :mellow:

Hmm
24-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Wow that was disappointing.

tango
24-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Bit disappointing 112-113

paddy335
24-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Wow that was disappointing.

I'll withhold my sage investment advice until a more appropriate time :)

Schrodinger
24-06-2014, 11:08 AM
All going to plan, will track like Wynyard

tango
24-06-2014, 11:08 AM
You would think that prices would be higher after having been oversubscribed

Toasty
24-06-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm not really surprised though. My portfolio seems to be made up of nothing but red arrows so I just expected this to follow the pattern. I probably should have warned people I was investing.

Being a tech company I wonder if this affected by the general carnage affecting XRO, DIL and others...

tango
24-06-2014, 11:10 AM
All going to plan, will track like Wynyard

Fingers crossed.

I'm holding my shares. If the shares had taken off I would have considered splitting my holding and selling some but I'm happy to hold

tango
24-06-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm not really surprised though. My portfolio seems to be made up of nothing but red arrows so I just expected this to follow the pattern. I probably should have warned people I was investing.

Being a tech company I wonder if this affected by the general carnage affecting XRO, DIL and others...

Yep - timing isn't ideal. But let's hope the fundamentals remain strong

goldfish
24-06-2014, 11:20 AM
I dumped mine, I do not want to hold long any tech stocks at the moment.
Was hopeing for a better stag but thats the way it goes. Still dissapointed though.

tango
24-06-2014, 11:23 AM
I usually buy shares for a long-term hold. Hardly seems worth selling for 3 cent gain although it does add up with a large holding.

tango
24-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Holy crap I just took another look and saw the shares are down to 100. I'm beginning to think that selling was a smart move goldfish!

Toasty
24-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Looks like my $1.40 ask was a tad optimistic. I am finding it difficult to love the market today.

Arndale
24-06-2014, 11:28 AM
91 cents, she's dropping like a stone!

tango
24-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Looks like my $1.40 ask was a tad optimistic. I am finding it difficult to love the market today.

I thought these shares would be on fire.

Think I'll take a break from obsessively watching the price. It's getting depressing ;)

sharp
24-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Speculative trading does not pay.

tango
24-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Speculative trading does not pay.

Agree Sharp that's why I bought to hold - but that was before the shares dropped to 90 cents.

Panic selling!!! I will check in a couple of hours and see what's happening.

Toasty
24-06-2014, 11:41 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11280496

They must have written this article in the split second after the market opened. Funny reading a couple of hours into trading.

couta1
24-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Hopefully Gentrack will do better on an up market day.

bull....
24-06-2014, 11:49 AM
glad i didnt apply - sorry day for staggers

tango
24-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Hopefully Gentrack will do better on an up market day.

I only got $1000 allocation so I'm relaxed on this one. I had more at stake with Serko

tango
24-06-2014, 11:52 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11280496

They must have written this article in the split second after the market opened. Funny reading a couple of hours into trading.

They updated it before I read it so I'm not sure what the original looked like

Toasty
24-06-2014, 12:01 PM
They updated it before I read it so I'm not sure what the original looked like

That's kind of scary. It said something like a flying start or good start but now it says bumpy start. Way to change history.

Harvey Specter
24-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Hey....you can have mine ! $1.40 ;)Wow - just got back to my desk. I would have been happy to pick up that lot @91c

Harvey Specter
24-06-2014, 12:51 PM
XRO slid back on IPO ... Look at them now. ;)As did WYN.

Will be interesting to see where it is at once it stabilizes in a few weeks.

Schrodinger
24-06-2014, 01:22 PM
The only issue is did you pay too much to get in? If you believe this is a quality business then you should be hoovering up shares.

I don't give short term trading advice but recommend buying quality companies at bargian prices. DYOR.

Harvey Specter
24-06-2014, 04:35 PM
A couple of thoughts:

On the one hand, I am not too concerned as it just seems to be retail investors fleeing,
On the other hand, I am concerned as no institutions are putting a floor on the price. HOw can it be allowed to drop to 91c even if it was just $1000 worth.

NOt sure whether it is a good thing or not but in the US, the lead broker would provide liquidity (ie. manipulate the price) to ensure this didn't happen.

okane
24-06-2014, 05:38 PM
Closed at 95. Thank god I got scaled.

Bilbo
24-06-2014, 06:36 PM
What a horrendous way to start your business off in the market! As with WYN, glad I pulled out at the last minute and was detterred by others posting on here that it was shut already due to oversubscription!

Well hopefully that has cleaned up all those that applied with the intention of stagging and had to bale when the SP went south. Given the scaling there must be support close to the list price you would think, but maybe those that missed out have just moved on to the next IPO off the rank. Will be interesting to see what happens to both SKO and Gentrack tomorrow and what that means for the other tech IPOs in the works.

stoploss
24-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Well hopefully that has cleaned up all those that applied with the intention of stagging and had to bale when the SP went south. Given the scaling there must be support close to the list price you would think, but maybe those that missed out have just moved on to the next IPO off the rank. Will be interesting to see what happens to both SKO and Gentrack tomorrow and what that means for the other tech IPOs in the works.

Bilbo , what do you mean "given the scaling there must be support close to the list price "
The float price was $ 1.10, first trade I think $ 1.13. The shares closed today down 15 cents from the float price @ 95 cents..... There was no support at the list price, let alone 10 % under it .......

RGR367
24-06-2014, 06:55 PM
........... Will be interesting to see what happens to both SKO and Gentrack tomorrow and what that means for the other tech IPOs in the works.

We will be really surprised if Gentrack do a Serko too. All indications say it will be well supported.

Bilbo
24-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Bilbo , what do you mean "given the scaling there must be support close to the list price "
The float price was $ 1.10, first trade I think $ 1.13. The shares closed today down 15 cents from the float price @ 95 cents..... There was no support at the list price, let alone 10 % under it .......

Stoploss, what I mean is that those selling today were probably those that bought with the sole intention of stagging today and did a bit of panic selling to get out. If correct, that should leave long term holders who will not want to sell below the list price, and plenty of people who got scaled who may want to top up. The pre IPO interest showed plenty of support at the list price of $1.10 and for those looking to hold nothing has changed. The game only changed for those looking to make a quick trade and finding that was not going to happen.

dingoNZ
25-06-2014, 08:20 AM
What a horrendous way to start your business off in the market! As with WYN, glad I pulled out at the last minute and was detterred by others posting on here that it was shut already due to oversubscription!

To be fair it was a shocker day to list, tech stocks across the board got hammered, XRO, PEB, WYN. I suspect in the coming few weeks nerves will settle and we will see some positive movement.

RGR367
09-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Ad some of the punters here wonder why money is the only thing (in the right hands) which flows uphill.

Just got my first few shares at 95C today. And just like XRO before, this will do good. I could be wrong of course :ohmy:

tango
11-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Just got my first few shares at 95C today. And just like XRO before, this will do good. I could be wrong of course :ohmy:

Hope so! I bought a big whack of them and am very glad I got scaled back.

jamiec26
02-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Hi Team,

With today's low volume dump dropping the price 5%, I was wondering if anyone had any updated opinions on Serko now that they have been listed for a few months?

I've read the annual report and think the company has some great prospects. I've also used a competing product when working in the UK and Serko's looks far more refined.

Cheers

Schrodinger
02-09-2014, 03:36 PM
No change, the company is expecting to hit $15M revenue 2015 (on schedule) so this is a long term hold for me.....

Balance
11-09-2014, 02:52 PM

Price starting to move - something about to happen?

psychic
11-09-2014, 03:10 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=11322333

jamiec26
12-09-2014, 09:36 AM
6240Future looks bright!

jamiec26
12-09-2014, 09:37 AM
6241 Future looks bright!

Toasty
12-09-2014, 09:42 AM
After they listed I was happy that my original allocation was heavily scaled. Hopefully now I will be disappointed that I didn't get more.

Balance
12-09-2014, 02:22 PM

Well, she's on the move.

Will those who stood back, look back a year from now and wish they took the opportunity of a cheaper entry than the IPO price?

Wynyard shows what can happen.

Toasty
12-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Wow. I'm in profit :). Whoda thunk that yesterday?

RTM
17-09-2014, 12:35 PM
I maintain my portfolio in Google Portfolio (no, its not because I want to share it with the world) as I like how it tells me on a stock by stock basis the gain / loss for the day....as well as a total gain for the day...and I get a graph of how my portfolio is tracking over time.

I have some SKO shares.
Problem: I don't seem to be able to add SKO to my Google Portfolio.
Anyone know why ? Google Finance can see it (NZE:SKO) but no prices and it will not add to the portfolio.

jamiec26
17-09-2014, 01:25 PM
I have the same problem.. I found i had the same problem with one of the power companies i brought, then one day it fixed it self.

RTM
17-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks....so its not just me / my machine. I'll keep trying on a weekly basis.

I have the same problem.. I found i had the same problem with one of the power companies i brought, then one day it fixed it self.

silu
19-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Article of Interest:
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/392269,sap-buys-cloud-travel-expense-platform-concur.aspx
SAP buys cloud travel expense platform Concur for $8.13 billion

Balance
19-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Article of Interest:
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/392269,sap-buys-cloud-travel-expense-platform-concur.aspx
SAP buys cloud travel expense platform Concur for $8.13 billion

Makes Serko look cheap as chips!

Harvey Specter
19-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Makes Serko look cheap as chips!NOt really - sold for about 10x revenue which is what SKO is currently trading at.

Though, if the value is being able to sell it to all of SAPs clients (ie. future growth rather than current revenue), it would have been alot cheaper for them to buy SKO than Concur.

MPC
20-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Interim results for FY15. On target and looking positive. Interesting year next year.

Toasty
17-12-2014, 09:38 AM
I only have a limited understanding of Serko being a disappointed stagger now holding and hoping for the best....but this partnership with Expedia seems to be a significant step. They are certainly a recognised brand and promote themselves relentlessly.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SKO/announcements/258993

MPC
17-12-2014, 11:02 AM
I bought these at the IPO and have topped up along the way because the business looks like it has potential in an interesting field. The deals they have made along the way have been excellent and this one with Expedia could be a big deal. Certainly worth having a few of these and it will be interesting to see where they head and how they track compared to their future forecasts. A few good announcements and some public awareness of this company could make us very happy to be holding.
Cheers,
MPC

Schrodinger
17-12-2014, 11:17 AM
They have many other big deals apart from Xpedia. Again hard to value this but a market cap of $200M does not seem unreasonable due to the growth prospects. Not fazed if this is 6 months or 3 years but the deal cut for Concur should give some indication of the potential of this sector.

Prefer the rise in share price to be based on growth and deals so they are getting rewarded for results and not dreams.

RTM
10-03-2015, 02:11 PM
If anyone is interested SKO now works in Google Finance.
Cheers
RTM

I maintain my portfolio in Google Portfolio (no, its not because I want to share it with the world) as I like how it tells me on a stock by stock basis the gain / loss for the day....as well as a total gain for the day...and I get a graph of how my portfolio is tracking over time.

I have some SKO shares.
Problem: I don't seem to be able to add SKO to my Google Portfolio.
Anyone know why ? Google Finance can see it (NZE:SKO) but no prices and it will not add to the portfolio.

okane
22-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Overall reasonably happy with this result.

okane
18-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Nice to see SKO getting a tick from Milford https://www.nzx.com/companies/SKO/announcements/270414

Balance
21-12-2015, 09:10 AM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/SKO/announcements/275430

Placement above market price and oversubscribed. Fascinating as the company has under performed on sp and on financials since listing.

They must have told a pretty good story in the placement to the institutions to get the institutions on board.

Also, directors put their money where their mouths are and took part in the placement.

Sleeper stock for 2016?

tango
22-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Is anyone planning to participate in the latest SPP?

I had been thinking of selling down my Serko although I did see one broker picked them as a share for 2016

RGR367
22-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Is anyone planning to participate in the latest SPP?

I had been thinking of selling down my Serko although I did see one broker picked them as a share for 2016

I still probably will although I was able to get some more today at less than the intended SPP price of .84. I still got a 2-3 year horizon on it so the dropping sp is not of immediate concern.

tango
22-01-2016, 11:22 AM
I need to reevaluate. I sold some at a high and kept some "just in case". Now I don't know what to do but I will probably reinvest and grab some more...

I don't mind the long time horizon, but I'm nervous of them going under ...

silu
19-02-2016, 08:55 AM
GENERAL: SKO: Serko to Partner with Xero

Good news in the morning. "Under the terms of the agreement, Serko's new online booking service,
serko.travel, specifically designed for small and medium sized businesses,
will connect to Xero's customer base of more than 425,000 subscribers in
Australia and New Zealand. "

tango
23-04-2016, 09:13 AM
These shares limp on.

I keep hoping they will live up to their promise...

RTM
24-04-2016, 11:42 AM
These shares limp on.

I keep hoping they will live up to their promise...

Me to. I think they will need to be bought by someone, something like just happened with Diligent. Lucky it was a small bet.

Ace
04-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Is anyone from ST going to the shareholders meeting? I picked up a small parcel of these when it dropped after IPO, not really a big holding although might be a good opportunity to meet some ST members or attend an AGM

silu
26-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Thought I should give this a bump after the husband of a friend told me how much he loves using Serko for his travel (and he travels a LOT for business) but the share price at nearly 50% of its IPO price. We are getting very little with regards to forecasts so I assume they are still in place based on their FY16 presentation. Just unloved or is this coy not telling us how they are going so far?

RTM
26-09-2016, 01:11 PM
Thanks Silu....good feedback, I had not heard of anyone who was using it. I have a modest no. of shares....buggar. I am thinking the only way out is for someone to buy them outright. So for that reason I am sitting on a nasty loss with my fingers crossed.

Part of my education.

Cheers
RTM

Thor
26-10-2016, 05:30 PM
Not a great market update from Serko is it. After the WYN failure, they obviously felt compelled to update the market early, especially since their SP has been dropping rapidly recently. Unfortunately it has back-fired and the SP crashed another 15% today.

They continue to move the goal post and under-deliver at every trading update. In the AGM in August they re-iterated their break even date: "Serko maintains our previous guidance to achieve monthly break even and positive cash flow by the end of FY17" and now they have changed it without mention of the previous guidance: "The Serko Board expects to achieve break-even early in the 2018 financial year (FY18)". I've lost count at the number of times they moved this date.

Then they tweet "Market update for the first half of FY17. Everything on track and in line with expectations. https://goo.gl/KkDEjX". Do they think share holders are stupid?

I just hope FY18 is finally the turning point with the Sabre deal, their SME product, and the increased revenue per booking. However given their track record, I've lost a lot of confidence in this company to execute.

silu
26-10-2016, 07:09 PM
My worst performing share in my whole portfolio. Kept it as feedback from users (as above) was great but in hindsight I should have just sold them at a loss and moved on. No wonder the "normal" Kiwi doesn't like investing in the sharemarket with IPO's like these.

14-01-2017, 10:28 AM
I suppose an increase of 37.93% on the week must count for somthing, although admittedly on very very thin trading.
Perhaps a few of the broker picks for the year may have started some movement.

Balance
14-01-2017, 11:47 AM
I suppose an increase of 37.93% on the week must count for somthing, although admittedly on very very thin trading.
Perhaps a few of the broker picks for the year may have started some movement.

As Warren Buffett famously said "In the short term the market is a popularity contest; in the long term it is a weighing machine."

The trick is to figure out whether Serko will do a Diligent or a Wynyard.

I am in the former camp but wait for confirmation that they are really starting to deliver on expectations before going in - been one disappointment too many so far. Just as there was with diligent initially.

silu
22-05-2017, 04:40 PM
FY announcement happening tomorrow Tuesday 23rd. Cautiously optimistic.

silu
23-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Slightly better than expected. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11861356
Still way in the red but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Balance
06-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Slightly better than expected. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11861356
Still way in the red but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Charging ahead now.

Nearly 100% up on 3 months ago, and going up on decent buying interest.

silu
11-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Still holding and I even picked up a few more at 35c on the way up. Current SP 60c which is still under the IPO price of $1.10 but perversely it may still be the best performer of the most recent tech IPOs?

silu
12-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Up to 73c today. Maybe profitability is really just around the corner as promised.

Balance
12-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Up to 73c today. Maybe profitability is really just around the corner as promised.

Like Diligent, turning point type price movement.

silu
18-07-2017, 12:47 PM
The NZX - where good news is confirmation that what management has said months before still rings true.

Serko Trading Update for FY18

Serko expects trading revenue in the first half of the 2018 financial year
(1H FY18) to be up approximately 25-30% over the same period for the prior
year, excluding gains/losses on AUD revenue hedging. Budgeted $AUD revenue
for the year is largely hedged to $NZD at approximately $0.93.

Serko anticipates that EBITDA for 1H FY18 will be positive at approximately
$1 million and expects a positive NPAT for FY18. Serko recorded an EBITDA
loss of $1.75 million for the same period in the prior year.

The second half of the financial year is typically weaker than the first due
to the seasonal effects of low volumes of corporate travel in December and
January. We also expect to expand headcount and therefore remuneration and
benefit costs will be higher in the second half. Accordingly we expect both
revenue and EBITDA in the second half of FY2018 to be lower than the first
half but about break-even at the EBITDA line. However, some recent contract
wins may transition onto the Serko platform over the course of the second
half and, depending on timing, this may represent upside in the second half
results.

Balance
18-07-2017, 02:30 PM
The NZX - where good news is confirmation that what management has said months before still rings true.

Serko Trading Update for FY18

Serko expects trading revenue in the first half of the 2018 financial year
(1H FY18) to be up approximately 25-30% over the same period for the prior
year, excluding gains/losses on AUD revenue hedging. Budgeted $AUD revenue
for the year is largely hedged to $NZD at approximately $0.93.

Serko anticipates that EBITDA for 1H FY18 will be positive at approximately
$1 million and expects a positive NPAT for FY18. Serko recorded an EBITDA
loss of $1.75 million for the same period in the prior year.

The second half of the financial year is typically weaker than the first due
to the seasonal effects of low volumes of corporate travel in December and
January. We also expect to expand headcount and therefore remuneration and
benefit costs will be higher in the second half. Accordingly we expect both
revenue and EBITDA in the second half of FY2018 to be lower than the first
half but about break-even at the EBITDA line. However, some recent contract
wins may transition onto the Serko platform over the course of the second
half and, depending on timing, this may represent upside in the second half
results.

Yup - looking like Diligent.

Operating leverage in action once breakeven is achieved.

Will be a very attractive company for corporate activity.

silu
10-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Another guidance upgrade which seems hasn't been digested by the market yet as there is only a SINGLE buyer in the queue. Happy to have averaged this down early this year.

Balance
10-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Another guidance upgrade which seems hasn't been digested by the market yet as there is only a SINGLE buyer in the queue. Happy to have averaged this down early this year.

Sit back, relax and looking more like Diligent with each update.

Happy.

RTM
10-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Well done Silu, I wasn't brave enough to do that....but have hung on to what I had. Very pleased.
https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/267436.pdf
Nice to be involved with a startup that hasn't had to come back to their share-holders over and over again for more funds. As yet anyway.

silu
11-10-2017, 10:14 AM
How things change. Yesterday we only had one buyer and today we only have ONE seller.

Also just announced a new strategic partnership with Gullivers Travel Associates which is a really well known world-wide name in travel.

t.rexjr
11-10-2017, 10:24 AM
How things change. Yesterday we only had one buyer and today we only have ONE seller.

Also just announced a new strategic partnership with Gullivers Travel Associates which is a really well known world-wide name in travel.

There were none for a moment. Never seen that! Someones laid some down now for $1.50 haha

Balance
11-10-2017, 10:40 AM

Close association there of course - the boys at Serko were at Gullivers before they sold out and formed Serko.

Means that Gullivers now see Serko as a very serious player.

Balance
11-10-2017, 10:57 AM
There were none for a moment. Never seen that! Someones laid some down now for $1.50 haha

Traders have had a field day with this stock up to now - buying low and selling out when the sp went higher on positive announcements in the last 2 years.

Suspect it will behave more like Diligent from now on - the loose stock had been and will continue to be picked up by longer term players, including industry players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Balance
12-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Stocked closed at 90c yesterday - buyers keen to accumulate stock and sellers backing off as any stock they placed on market were taken out.

http://www.businesstravelnews.com/Distribution/Serko-Gullivers-Travel-Partner-for-Hotel-Content

The above is a very significant deal and imo, places Serko squarely on the acquisition radar of travel site players like Webjet and other players.

Only $67m market capitalisation with a head of steam of annuity income building up.

Balance
12-10-2017, 11:01 AM
$1.05 - 262% increase since 31 March!

Looking more and more like Diligent everyday.

Almost back to IPO price so could meet resistance at this level but institutions without exposure could very well take the opportunity to buy stock.

silu
12-10-2017, 11:26 AM
I bought most of mine at IPO and at the CR at 76c but with a little averaging down this year showing now a nice 100% profit. Glad I didn't sell this when I had to scrape together money for a house deposit.

silu
12-10-2017, 11:27 AM
LOL sell side EMPTY!

Balance
12-10-2017, 01:02 PM
LOL sell side EMPTY!

Back to IPO price.

If it holds at above $1.10, expect this to see $2.00 before end of year - Diligent all over again.

Balance
12-10-2017, 06:41 PM
https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/serko-shares-soar-two-and-half-year-high-b-208716

Timely reminder that it is still a high risk stock and not for the faint-hearted.

Just as Diligent was not for the faint-hearted.

whatsup
16-10-2017, 01:44 PM
U S appointment, another building block in place?

whatsup
26-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Looking better today on a otherwise down day .

silu
17-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Just hit an all-time high of $1.20. HY result announcement next Wednesday the 22nd.

whatsup
17-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Just hit an all-time high of $1.20. HY result announcement next Wednesday the 22nd.

$1.29 and with the interim ann due this Weds something is leaking out re that imo ! big push now on into the U S , what else ?

Schrodinger
17-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Whoosh!....

Balance
17-11-2017, 01:59 PM
356% return YTD

RTM
17-11-2017, 02:25 PM
356% return YTD

Wish I'd bought them at the start of YTD !

silu
17-11-2017, 02:44 PM
356% return YTD

Very happy having almost picked the bottom this year to average down. Now after 3 years I'm sitting on a really nice profit.

The "danger" is of course that as usual a NZ tech company gets bought out the moment it gains some traction.

whatsup
17-11-2017, 03:45 PM
356% return YTD

Bal yeh but did u buy ?

Schrodinger
20-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Insider trading much? This exchange is run like a mafia operation. NZ markets are a joke.

"$1.29 and with the interim ann due this Weds something is leaking out re that imo ! big push now on into the U S , what else ?"

Good observation, someone inside knows something ...

silu
20-11-2017, 12:26 PM
They have kept the market pretty much informed and even when they updated the market in October you could pick up shares below 80c.
I think they're finally fulfilling on their promise and the market was tone deaf for quite some time. These are the little nuggets of value I look for.

Balance
20-11-2017, 12:35 PM
They have kept the market pretty much informed and even when they updated the market in October you could pick up shares below 80c.
I think they're finally fulfilling on their promise and the market was tone deaf for quite some time. These are the little nuggets of value I look for.

Very very very satisfying, isn't it Silu?

Meanwhile, we have posters spending their time running around in circles while in total denial over stocks like PEB (15,954 postings vs 217 for Serko), Bliss (5,521 postings), Plexxxure (2,250 postings) etc etc.

silu
20-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Very very very satisfying, isn't it Silu?

Meanwhile, we have posters spending their time running around in circles while in total denial over stocks like PEB (15,954 postings vs 217 for Serko), Bliss (5,521 postings), Plexxxure (2,250 postings) etc etc.

Very satisfying. Especially as I've learned from the many mistakes I made in my younger years.

Balance
20-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Very satisfying. Especially as I've learned from the many mistakes I made in my younger years.

Alas, we all make those mistakes!

Important thing is that we learn from them - not hide from the hard facts and realities.

408% gain YTD!

Balance
21-11-2017, 08:22 AM
https://thewallstreetreview.com/a-deeper-look-into-the-charts-for-serko-limited-ordinary-shares-sko-nz-2/

"Currently, the 14-day ADX for Serko Limited Ordinary Shares (SKO.NZ) is sitting at 44.71. Generally speaking, an ADX value from 0-25 would indicate an absent or weak trend. A value of 25-50 would support a strong trend. A value of 50-75 would identify a very strong trend, and a value of 75-100 would lead to an extremely strong trend. ADX is used to gauge trend strength but not trend direction. Traders often add the Plus Directional Indicator (+DI) and Minus Directional Indicator (-DI) to identify the direction of a trend."

Getting the right sort of attention.

silu
22-11-2017, 08:51 AM
SERKO INTERIM RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 30 SEPTEMBER 2017

Serko achieves maiden profit and cash flow positive for the period, Revenue
growth of 30%, Annualised Transactional Monthly Revenue increases to $17.8
million, Six monthly profit before tax of $1.2 million compared to a loss of
($2.0) million last year

Highlights from the unaudited six-month period include:
o Total Operating Revenue for the period ended 30 September 2017 at
$9.1 million is up 30% over the previous corresponding six-month period of
$7.0 million.
o Serko Online transaction volumes increased by 21% over the same
period last year.
o ATMR reached a peak of $17.8 million during the period.
o Total Income from all sources including grants was $9.6 million for
the period.
o Net profit before tax for the period was $1.2 million (a $3.2 million
turnaround over the previous corresponding period loss of $2.0 million).
o EBITDA profit for the period was $1.3 million (a $3.1 million
turnaround over the previous corresponding period loss of $1.8 million).
o Cash on hand as at 30 September 2017 was $4.6m, up from $4.5m at 31
March 2017.
o Serko expects full-year operating revenue of $18 million - $19
million.
o Full-year EBITDA of $1.3 million is expected, due to an anticipated
break-even performance in the second half as a result of seasonal effects and
the pursuit of expansion opportunities.

whatsup
22-11-2017, 10:28 AM
SERKO INTERIM RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE PERIOD ENDED 30 SEPTEMBER 2017

Serko achieves maiden profit and cash flow positive for the period, Revenue
growth of 30%, Annualised Transactional Monthly Revenue increases to $17.8
million, Six monthly profit before tax of $1.2 million compared to a loss of
($2.0) million last year

Highlights from the unaudited six-month period include:
o Total Operating Revenue for the period ended 30 September 2017 at
$9.1 million is up 30% over the previous corresponding six-month period of
$7.0 million.
o Serko Online transaction volumes increased by 21% over the same
period last year.
o ATMR reached a peak of $17.8 million during the period.
o Total Income from all sources including grants was $9.6 million for
the period.
o Net profit before tax for the period was $1.2 million (a $3.2 million
turnaround over the previous corresponding period loss of $2.0 million).
o EBITDA profit for the period was $1.3 million (a $3.1 million
turnaround over the previous corresponding period loss of $1.8 million).
o Cash on hand as at 30 September 2017 was $4.6m, up from $4.5m at 31
March 2017.
o Serko expects full-year operating revenue of $18 million - $19
million.
o Full-year EBITDA of $1.3 million is expected, due to an anticipated
break-even performance in the second half as a result of seasonal effects and
the pursuit of expansion opportunities.

Great turn around, VERY NICE !

whatsup
22-11-2017, 11:41 AM
$1.47 today , all time high, rerating under way , well done on a good strong result.

Balance
22-11-2017, 11:44 AM
$1.47 today , all time high, rerating under way , well done on a good strong result.

Happily sitting here and enjoying the ride.

Looking more and more Diligent each day.

Loving it!

silu
22-11-2017, 11:52 AM
It has now overtaken SUM and HBL to No 2 of my biggest holdings on the NZX. Still quite a distance to ATM though.

Leftfield
22-11-2017, 04:08 PM
356% return YTD

Well done to all holders!!

silu
27-11-2017, 10:17 AM
There were some decent sized parcels traded last week and also today. Will be interesting to see who has bought (and sold) at the top trading range. Seems like a good vote of confidence into their future.

whatsup
27-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Very interesting see if it can get through $ 1.50 today,

whatsup
27-11-2017, 10:57 AM

Well blow me down $1.50 gone !!

Balance
27-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Well blow me down $1.50 gone !!

Looking very DILIGENT(ly) indeed!

I LOVE it!

whatsup
27-11-2017, 02:05 PM

Onward & upward , up 13% + today, next stop $ 2.00 !! yeh right ( sometime this week ? )

moka
27-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Turnover

$1,188,740

1:45:25 PM
$81,000
Off market

1:14:25 PM
$8,000
Off market

12:16:25 PM
$31,000
Off market

12:16:12 PM
$279,000
Off market

10:14:28 AM
$367,500
Off market

10:01:05 AM
$220,500
Off market

$987,000

Definitely institutional interest today, must have spent the weekend reading up the results

moka
27-11-2017, 03:18 PM
On Friday there was an off market trade for 1,919,853 shares @ $1.45 = $2,783.786.

RTM
27-11-2017, 03:31 PM
On Friday there was an off market trade for 1,919,853 shares @ $1.45 = $2,783.786.

Way way to much off market trading in many stocks ? Are we getting a proper market ? Ive been uneasy/concerned about this for quite a while, interesting to see Brian Gaynor has similar concerns.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11945219
PS Over the moon with Serko....wished I had more. Always so easy in hindsight, isn't it.

Leftfield
27-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Pleased to advise that I joined the SKO club last week at 1.40 after watching it rise from 80c and encouraged by the last financial report. Nice to see my holding is the green already, thanks to Balance and the others for the steer. I hope my holding doesn't jinx us!!

moka
27-11-2017, 04:53 PM

Harbour Asset Management Limited - relevant interest in 4,611,356 (6.157%) SKO shares.
From 21 August 2017 to 24 November 2017 Harbour Asset Management Limited purchased
2,230,404 SKO shares as part of normal on market trading for a total consideration $3,162,077.88.

Balance
28-11-2017, 11:22 AM
Onward & upward , up 13% + today, next stop $ 2.00 !! yeh right ( sometime this week ? )

$1.71 so it's on its way.

Balance
28-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Pleased to advise that I joined the SKO club last week at 1.40 after watching it rise from 80c and encouraged by the last financial report. Nice to see my holding is the green already, thanks to Balance and the others for the steer. I hope my holding doesn't jinx us!!

Enjoy the ride LF.

We all learn something new hopefully everyday and for me, it is to ignore the sp and follow the story closely, and remind to self - Never Never buy on the way down.

misterx
28-11-2017, 12:46 PM
Missed the train.. would it be too late to get in?

moka
29-11-2017, 09:30 AM
An interesting development.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/311088
(https://www.nzx.com/announcements/311088)
“Establishment of NED Fixed Trading Plan
At Serko Limited’s (NZX:SKO) recent Annual Meeting held on 23 August 2017 (refer to Annual Meeting speech released to NZX on 23 August 2017), the Chairman indicated to shareholders that that the Board intended to introduce a policy requiring non-executive directors to invest a portion of their annual directors’ fees in Serko shares. The Board confirms that it has now established a Fixed Trading Plan (Plan) in accordance with section 260 of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013.

Serko Chairman, Mr Botherway said: “The Board believes that entry into this Plan better aligns each non-executive director’s interests with those of the shareholders of the Company and demonstrates non-executive directors’ support of Serko’s long-term strategy”.

Under the terms of the Plan, non-executive directors have agreed to invest varying annual amounts, totalling approximately 45% of total non-executive director fees per annum in Serko shares, over a fixed term of three-years (Term). An independent broker will automatically apply the designated fees to the monthly acquisition of shares on-market during the Term.”

Tom P-S
29-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Missed the train.. would it be too late to get in?

No, it wasn't. Sorry about the delayed response.

Balance
30-11-2017, 10:47 AM
No, it wasn't. Sorry about the delayed response.

The beauty with a stock like Serko (along with companies like Xero, ATM and CVT) is that it truly operates in the international arena.

With the right strategy, platform and good management, Serko's growth potential is unlimited.

Track record is good and executives and directors show confidence in putting money and new money into the company, the last injection being $1m at above market price in Dec 2015.

This is the kind of company worth considering and backing.

whatsup
20-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Hit $2.00 on closing today ( and the hint of more to come ) ALL TIME HIGH, one of the better rises of shares in 2017 !!

silu
21-12-2017, 08:59 AM
At the beginning of 2017 not in my wildest dreams would I have thought that SKO would be my best trade of the year. Go you good thing!!

Balance
21-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Top performing stock of 2017!

Up 601% YTD!

Balance
21-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Wonder if any broker picked this in their annual list of stockpicks.

silu
21-12-2017, 10:22 AM
I have 20 bucks in my wallet and I could invite all the sellers of SKO stock for a coffee.

Toasty
21-12-2017, 10:52 AM
I have 20 bucks in my wallet and I could invite all the sellers of SKO stock for a coffee.

Looking at it now and you would have enough left to shout them cheese scones as well.