PDA

View Full Version : New Listing

Stranger_Danger
12-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I have a plan to list a new company on the NZX.

My plan so far is

(a) Name drop XRO, lots.
(b) Intentionally lose lots of money, to look just like XRO.
(c) Make it clear we could make money any time, just like XRO.
(d) The fact we're losing so much money goes to prove how much we'll later make.
(e) Lose more for each dollar of sales to continue to prove this point.
(f) Constantly talk about being a global business.
(g) Try and get Sam Morgan involved.

Does anyone want to pre-register for the IPO now?

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

winner69
12-05-2013, 08:24 PM
You forgot the classic line from Serko ..... "All profits are expensed"

Stranger_Danger
12-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Oh don't get me started. I actually went into a mild panic.

Are we really here again?

BIRMANBOY
12-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Thought other posters would be interested in seeing Sparky out of costume.
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-01.jpg
Stranger danger has provided a compelling thesis for holding cash....

Xerof
12-05-2013, 09:34 PM
SD, have you discussed this opportunity with any taxi drivers?

Stranger_Danger
12-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Xerof - No, but, and you're not going to believe me, on the day XRO started falling, I sat on a bus whilst one bus driver told another all about XRO and what a safe investment it was.

I was gobsmacked. Even more so when 2 hours later the market opened and it started falling! Talk about nailing the top.

Since then, it has stabilised, but who knows.

I think this current market could go on for a while yet, but, everyone thinks that, which is kind of the point.

I'm now at 60% cash and see this increasing in the next 3 months. I don't care about the interest rate.

Stranger_Danger
12-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Moosie, you're clearly a beginner. Never promise to make reasonable amounts of money, that blows the whole scheme out of the water!

The whole point is promise the world.....much later.

cammo
12-05-2013, 10:59 PM
might be a bit OT, but are options available in NZ? might be a good idea to put a sell to close on XRO for end of year?

Minerbarejet
13-05-2013, 08:26 AM
"go away in May come back in November" - isnt that the old adage? Im starting to get the feeling the clamour is getting a bit intense in the media - its my only point of contact due to a dearth of bus drivers and shoeshine boys around here.

13-05-2013, 09:26 AM
I don't blame you. I have been increasing my cash holdings myself. I just wonder whether the market will be ok until September/October. That for some reason is the time of year we get the big drops.... 1929, 1987, 1997, 2001, 2008

The MRP success will wake up some inexperience people to invest in the share market. Shift some savings or loans into equity market. Meanwhile, MRP made an good sample here, the government will continue to sell off assets in this way. The bullmarket will help to sell
at good price. Confident with current market conditions, average market PE is still lower than 2007 peak, right? The government is not happy to see the market goes down at present, they still hold some assets to sell. Also the RBNZ is not going to lift up the OCR, because
the currency position is strong. It's happy to see a pure supply & demand status here.

This may delay the crash, I think Sep or Oct this year would be very interesting for watching.

13-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Mmm, if I was John Key I would be selling off as well! Just proves what a smart bugger he is, timing the market well. Buy low, sell high!

From my personal overseas experience, the market will continue for a while, till all stated owned IPOs complete, then market will restructure. Not sure it works in NZX or not.

John Key was a future trader before, he is good at those things. If the above assumption is correct, then the MRP would head north for a while to meet the political and late IPOs need.

Stranger_Danger
13-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Keep in mind, currencies (QE, currency wars etc) is arguably where it is all at for the next few years.

I'd judge John Key as good a judge of this stuff as anyone else, certainly moreso than any other MP.

steve fleming
06-07-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm now at 60% cash and see this increasing in the next 3 months. I don't care about the interest rate.

Hi SD,

Would be interested to know if you are still holding this position post the correction?

Seems to be a bit more positive sentiment towards small caps (on the ASX at least).

Stranger_Danger
06-07-2013, 11:26 AM
SF,

I'm now 70% cash. In general I'm bearish and I've sold a little bit of some overweights, but I'm still doing selective buying, trying to focus on things that may have tailwinds instead of headwinds. ASX : SDI is an example due to falling AUD and falling silver price, plus a generally improving business. However, it has gone up a lot already.

I have never owned a gold producer before and am licking my lips at the chance to do so in 6 or so months.

steve fleming
06-07-2013, 12:15 PM
SF,

I'm now 70% cash. In general I'm bearish and I've sold a little bit of some overweights, but I'm still doing selective buying, trying to focus on things that may have tailwinds instead of headwinds. ASX : SDI is an example due to falling AUD and falling silver price, plus a generally improving business. However, it has gone up a lot already.

I have never owned a gold producer before and am licking my lips at the chance to do so in 6 or so months.

Thanks for that response, I'd admire your restraint. Agree with you re SDI which i do hold.

I had many low-ball bids placed for various shares over the last couple of months, but not too many actually got hit, despite the market uncertainty and tax loss selling.

Now the issue I have is to acknowledge I may have to pay a bit more than I was originally hoping, or continue to wait for a final period of capitulation.