PDA

View Full Version : Tandou ( TAN)

stoploss
05-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Hi ,
Taken a small position in this. Seems to be trending up nicely, hitting a 52 week high. Anyone know much about it ?
Cheers
S/L

percy
05-08-2013, 09:43 PM
I am a shareholder of REL [Rural Equities Ltd.] on the unlisted market.REL have recently taken a 12.55% holding in TAN.I have read TAN's website and think 'we are well positioned.!'

stoploss
05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
I am a shareholder of REL [Rural Equities Ltd.] on the unlisted market.REL have recently taken a 12.55% holding in TAN.I have read TAN's website and think 'we are well positioned.!'

Thanks Percy, hahaha well positioned...., yes I should have maybe checked out their website, anyway having now read it I like this even more.

percy
06-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Thanks Percy, hahaha well positioned...., yes I should have maybe checked out their website, anyway having now read it I like this even more.

Thought you would enjoy that.!! lol.
TAN website is excellent.
REL is being run a lot more proactively by David Cushing and Rodger Finlay.They sold a couple of farms and some Fonterra shares.From memory they received $6 or $7 mil for the Fonterra shares.So this is what they spent some of their money on.They have not mentioned the TAN purchase on REL announcements,and it was only picked up here on sharetrader by a very alert Options on the REL thread on unlisted forum.Now again from memory.Sir Ron's GPG sold out of TAN earlier this year.Maybe Sir Selywn Cushing was awhere of this,and told his son David.I am sure REL will want to see TAN perform.
I think you have gone the right way by investing directly in TAN,but may pay to keep an eye on REL for any announcements they may make concerning TAN.

percy
08-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Announcement today that REL have increased their holding in TAN from 12.55% to 17.56%.
Both TAN and REL share prices are moving upwards.
Still no news/announcement from REL about this investment,yet 25,136,509 shares in TAN means they are serious.

stoploss
09-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Announcement today that REL have increased their holding in TAN from 12.55% to 17.56%.
Both TAN and REL share prices are moving upwards.
Still no news/announcement from REL about this investment,yet 25,136,509 shares in TAN means they are serious.

Thanks percy. http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/rural-equities-cushings-build-176-percent-stake-asx-listed-tandou-bd-144137

percy
09-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks percy. http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/rural-equities-cushings-build-176-percent-stake-asx-listed-tandou-bd-144137

Stoploss.
Thanks for the link.REL hold 11% while H&G ltd [REL's parent company] hold 6.5%.REL announcement made today.