PDA

View Full Version : Aapl

ddrone
13-08-2013, 09:33 AM
New iPhone September 10, rumours of a lower cost model. Last announcement had a major positive impact on the share price. Anybody know much about how this stock is valued and what may happen this time around?

peat
13-08-2013, 07:51 PM
150Bn cash.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=AAPL+Analyst+Estimates
I suppose there are quite a few reasons the market decided to discount Apple, , the loss of Jobs' innovation and leadership, intense competition from Samsung, erosion of margin , and that the share price had climbed parabola-like. And with technology stocks there is always a possibility that the heyday of being No.1 can fade quite quickly eg RIMM or Blackberry as its called now.

See the graph shown to compare these two stocks and you notice how similar they are except that Blackberry is leading the way (to zero?) by about 5 years!

However by any normal estimates of business continuity there are some strong views that the discounting of Apples shareprice got overdone, and of course the price has come from off the lows just below $400, and given some indication of a turn (higher highs and lows).

macduffy
14-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Some good news from Europe?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/14/eurozone-crisis-live-france-germany-growth-uk-jobs

Dej
28-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Its sometimes the simplist of analysis that shows people what markets can do. I have a friend hear in NZ who bought into Tesla around the same price as your friend Sparky and he raves on about his amazing investment style. (Just noting it hasnt worked in the past until now!)

peat
03-01-2014, 10:55 AM
This article is ostensibly good news for MSFT but tells us a lot about Apples dominance in te tablet arena

http://www.wired.com/business/2014/01/microsoft-surface-xmas-bump/?cid=co16550894

peat
13-01-2014, 09:12 AM
only people with Iphones actually spend any money..... says a lot I reckon

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/apple-android-market-share-ecommerce-2014-1

Santiago
03-02-2014, 07:21 AM
I have a feeling aapl is a broken stock. Nothing they can do seems to make the market happy. 51 million iPhones in a quarter is a miss. Unless they release a new product category, despite their profitability and earnings, the SP seems cursed. Aapl the stock and Apple the company are two entirely different things, and buying the stock based on the success of the company would appear to be a dangerous strategy.

Santiago
24-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Apple on fire, exchange rate better than ever, dividend going up, share buy back increase, 7-1 stock split... Get in now and go long.

Disc. Long on aapl

Santiago
24-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Oh, and new products in the pipeline...

Bobdn
24-04-2014, 08:40 PM
I have a whopping 15 Apple shares bought at $460US. Hugely exciting things happening.

Santiago
24-04-2014, 09:23 PM
I have a whopping 15 Apple shares bought at $460US. Hugely exciting things happening.

Wow, those 15 will soon be 105.

Bobdn
24-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Wow, those 15 will soon be 105.

Fantastic. A good old fashioned share split.

boring
25-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Similarly to Bob, I have a whopping 20 shares in AAPL, bought back in early 2007. This was an interesting stock to hold.

Initially bought 25 shares as a holding for my growth portfolio, which constitutes about 10% of my total investment funds. The other 90% are in dividend growth stocks.
Watched AAPL go all the way up to $665 when it was the market darling, and then watched it as it started to fall. Sold 5 shares at $450 per share to recoup my original cost of capital. Kept the remainder as "house money" and proceeded to watch it fall to under $400, then recover.

Just as I started to think about selling out and put the proceeds into other growth opportunities, Tim Cook announced a fairly decent sized dividend. It worked out to be something like a 10% dividend yield based on my original cost of capital (not current share price). So I moved it out of my growth portfolio into my dividend portfolio where it still lives today.

So with the current announcements, I most excited about the 8% increase in quarterly dividend. AAPL is proving to be a great dividend-growth stock, and one of my favourites. Who would've thought !

winner69
12-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Apple buys Beats and makes Dr Dre the worlds first billionaire rapper

Only petty cash these few billions but maybe a sign Apple is a bit lost these days

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2014/05/12/will-apples-effort-to-buy-cool-backfire

peat
29-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Apple buys Beats and makes Dr Dre the worlds first billionaire rapper

Only petty cash these few billions but maybe a sign Apple is a bit lost these days

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2014/05/12/will-apples-effort-to-buy-cool-backfire

http://www.wxyz.com/news/science-tech/apple-buying-beats-for-3-billion

"It's hard to understand why Apple would have to spend $3 billion on a nascent streaming service and a line of bass-heavy headphones,"

ananda77
13-06-2014, 06:35 PM
http://www.wxyz.com/news/science-tech/apple-buying-beats-for-3-billion
"It's hard to understand why Apple would have to spend $3 billion on a nascent streaming service and a line of bass-heavy headphones,"

...because Apple is desperate for market share

IMHO, the stock split points to a massive change within Apple. It could very well mean, to make the stock look cheap for Joe Bloke who buys and the insiders sell

Apples market share remains steady at 10% of global mobile phone sales with competition to Apples 'local storage' strategy under threat form Android in combination with the Google Cloud

Local Storage in the age of mobile is extremely expensive as it requires a long hardware chain. Opposite to that reigns the power and intelligence of the Google Cloud accessible with any run of the mill cell but delivering the same results as local storage
No problem to connect the cell via MHL to a big screen (any brand) and use Google Drives sheets, documents etc, etc free of charge. No save required, no hassle with crashes, no start-up waste of time, no nonsense, if the bell rings here it automatically rings there -thats stone age nonsense-
...and to make the bell ring here = NZD1200, to automatically ring it there = NZD 3200
...of course the Apple screens are so small its impossible to do some decent work on the go but there is the pad = NZD 800
Apple has been very successful into deceiving customers into this strategy, but I feel, the deceptive days are counted and hopefully consumers and businesses just say Good Bye

At the same time, Apple finds itself light years behind the curve in terms of Cloud and iOS8 in that respect is no more than an indication of an epic failure and desperate attempt to catch up
...In reality, IOS8 does not offer anything Android and Google served as standard diet for the last two years...but Apple fan boys girls get very exited and brainwashed to believe they are at the front of modern mobile

Apple finally had to realise, the power and intelligence of today is not in a machine but in the CLOUD

At this stage, Apple has to re-invent: anything from bigger screens, cheaper phones (5c a start -not cheap but already plastic-) and cloud...and the competition is fierce and relentless.

Even with iOS8, there is nothing remotely intelligent that GOOGLE NOW can't blow out of the water. Furthermore, the Android heavyweights hit hard into Apples traditional hardware strength with undeniable success. There is nothing even remotely in the Apple hardware line-up like the Note3 Supermachine

Anyway, a lot of uncertainty surrounds this stock and the way they move for example in respect to bigger screens does not inspire a lot of confidence. As a matter of fact, they most likely will remain a niche player unable to break the Android Google CLOUD lock

kind regards

pknz
16-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Apple finds itself light years behind the curve in terms of Cloud and iOS8
Light years?

Cloud and iOS8 in that respect is no more than an indication of an epic failure
Slightly premature to call an unreleased mobile operating system an epic failure.

Apple fan boys girls get very exited and brainwashed
Could you expand on the brainwashing please.

Apple finally had to realise, the power and intelligence of today is not in a machine but in the CLOUD.
Apple stated in 2011 that they were demoting the physical devices and that the cloud was now the centre of their strategy, replacing the digital hub strategy introduced in 2001. Sure they missed with iCloud at the first attempt but it is slowly and steadily improving.

iOS8, there is nothing remotely intelligent that GOOGLE NOW can't blow out of the water.
Subjective.

Android heavyweights hit hard into Apples traditional hardware strength with undeniable success.
How does the profit share look in mobile devices?

Note3 Supermachine
I Googled this and couldn’t find a device named the “Note3 Supermachine.” Did you just leak an unreleased product?

At this stage, Apple has to re-invent: anything from bigger screens … bigger screens does not inspire a lot of confidence.
You start off with Apple needing to reinvent [itself?] by making devices with larger screens and then state that in doing so you wouldn’t have confidence in them.

remain a niche player unable to break the Android Google CLOUD lock
Is Apple a niche player?

ananda77
16-06-2014, 01:04 PM
pknz, googled note3 supermachine with two hits. It's the Samsung Note series in its 3rd generation -a machine unlike anything else on the market. I work with one and it's like anything else on the market - after i4S that's bliss

... Note4 out in September (confirmed) just in time to take the breath out of a possible i6 5.5'' (unconfirmed)

Of course I have no confidence in Apple forward because looking back, am not ever going to put up with inferior so-called top-end products after it took Apple light years to realise the need for bigger screens

So IOS8 a giant release in the words of Cook, yes: healthkit, homekit, etc, move on, that's history in
the Android/Google world

kind regards

pknz
16-06-2014, 01:13 PM
pknz, googled note3 supermachine with two hits. It's the Samsung Note series in its 3rd generation -a machine unlike anything else on the market

... Note4 out in September (confirmed) just in time to take the breath out of a possible i6 5.5'' (unconfirmed)

Of course I have no confidence in Apple forward because looking back, am not ever going to put up with inferior so-called top-end products after it took Apple light years to realise the need for bigger screens

So IOS8 a giant release in the words of Cook, yes: healthkit, homekit, etc, move on, that's history in
the Android/Google world

kind regards

Could you provide a link to the Note 3 Supermachine? TIA.

The rest of that sounds like an Android v iOS rant. Very little about AAPL. I thought this was sharetrader.co.nz not a tech forum?

ananda77
16-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Some good news from Europe?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/14/eurozone-crisis-live-france-germany-growth-uk-jobs

Could you provide a link to the Note 3 Supermachine? TIA.

The rest of that sounds like an Android v iOS rant. Very little about AAPL. I thought this was sharetrader.co.nz not a tech forum?

This is share trader. co. nz where people get information that helps making investment decisions. And so far, Apple for me at this stage is not a good investment because all of the above. Of course what mobile suits one best is a very personal experience.

kind regards

pknz
16-06-2014, 02:27 PM
This is share trader. co. nz where people get information that helps making investment decisions. And so far, Apple for me at this stage is not a good investment because all of the above. Of course what mobile suits one best is a very personal experience.

kind regards

Part of your investing decisions involves "brainwashed fan boys and girls". I have already asked you to expand on this as I'm quite concerned re the brainwashing.

Also, you haven't shed any light on the Supermachine or the profit share?

Do you think I should put my money into Google as they have the "Android Google CLOUD lock" but don't really have much in the way of hardware. Or do you recommend I put my money into Samsung who have the hardware, but really fall down in software and services?

ananda77
16-06-2014, 02:39 PM
pknz: it's easy for me . Apple and Android/Google are in a lock re: their respective market share for total global sales:

Aapple 10% and Android/Google 35%

...at this stage this lock is quite steady and each party tries to break it. So, I think Apple at this stage has only it's propaganda machine at his disposal not the products that dominate the future

kind regards

ananda77
17-06-2014, 08:20 AM
pknz:

fan boys_girls/brainwash:Apple states: "the 4" screen is the ideal size"
This is despite the fact that 90% of the market did not think so. Apple never had a 4" display prior to the 5 and will have larger screens moving forward
Moving forward, Apple now needs to re-educate the fan boys_girls into thinking larger screens are the way to go

kind regards

pknz
17-06-2014, 08:43 AM
pknz:

fan boys_girls/brainwash:Apple states: "the 4" screen is the ideal size"
This is despite the fact that 90% of the market did not think so. Apple never had a 4" display prior to the 5 and will have larger screens moving forward
Moving forward, Apple now needs to re-educate the fan boys_girls into thinking larger screens are the way to go

kind regards

Are you able to provide some reputable sources that references this brainwashing scheme?

ananda77
17-06-2014, 09:06 AM
pknz:

... am trying to follow up on your requests but it takes some time to sort out sources as a lot of that stuff is in my head. But first things first:

IOS8 is unreleased yes but announced at Apples WWDC a couple of weeks ago. So not all but the majority of developments are public property.
If you care to read into it, you will maybe see that it's a HUGE catch-up exercise of things, android/Google users enjoyed for years

kind regards

ananda77
17-06-2014, 09:10 AM
pknz:

... as far as numbers goes:

http://www.fool.com/investing /general/2014/15/google-thrives-apple-worries.aspx

kind regards

pknz
17-06-2014, 11:52 AM
pknz:
... am trying to follow up on your requests but it takes some time to sort out sources as a lot of that stuff is in my head. But first things first:
kind regards

I have no doubt a lot of it is in your head.

pknz:
... as far as numbers goes:

http://www.fool.com/investing /general/2014/15/google-thrives-apple-worries.aspx

kind regards
1. That is a broken link.
2. You must have missed my underlined word above. I'll repeat it and bold it for you here: reputable.

On January 21, 2010 Fool.com posted an article: "The Worst Stocks for 2010: Apple (http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2010/01/21/the-worst-stocks-for-2010-apple.aspx)." AAPL closed Jan 21, 2010 trading at 208.07. AAPL closed 2010 at 320.56.

ananda77
17-06-2014, 01:41 PM
... unfortunately, this discussion has now turned into useless blah, blah

kind regards

pknz
17-06-2014, 01:54 PM
... unfortunately, this discussion has now turned into useless blah, blah

kind regards

Incorrect. It turned into "useless blah, blah" at your first mention of brainwashing.

ananda77
18-06-2014, 05:45 AM
...there has been an issue with the use of the word 'brainwash'
The use in the context:
-despite market offerings in mobile technology, far more advanced in most aspects than aapl-products
... in the writers opinion, buying an aapl-products is irrational behavior
In the writers opinion, there can be only 2 reasons for such irrational behavior
-aapl fan-boys_girls
-brainwashed (through aapl advertising for example)

kind regards
-

pknz
18-06-2014, 08:00 AM
...there has been an issue with the use of the word 'brainwash'
The use in the context:
-despite market offerings in mobile technology, far more advanced in most aspects than aapl-products
... in the writers opinion, buying an aapl-products is irrational behavior
In the writers opinion, there can be only 2 reasons for such irrational behavior
-aapl fan-boys_girls
-brainwashed (through aapl advertising for example)

kind regards
-

You're going pretty off topic trying to justify your usage of the term "brainwashing".

Back on topic, from Reuters:"Green managers stuff funds with Apple after environmental reforms (http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/17/us-apple-greenfunds-analysis-idUSKBN0ES0BS20140617)"

The Cupertino, California-based maker of the iPhone, the world's biggest public company by market capitalization, has adopted a slew of green policies such as expanded product recycling and using solar power at its data centers. For managers who have made it a favorite of the largest "green" mutual funds tracked by Thomson Reuters' Lipper unit, the improvements bolster the appeal of a stock that's risen 15 percent this year, 19th best among the Standard & Poor’s 100 index.

The confluence of a rising price and improving environmental performance make Apple "the one stock you just can't ignore," said Anthony Tursich, senior portfolio manager of the $498 million Portfolio 21 Global Equity Fund, a green fund that bought Apple in 2011 after the company began providing more emissions data.

Apple is the top holding of the Parnassus fund, which bought most of the shares in 2013, the year the fund rose 34 percent and beat 72 percent of peers, according to Morningstar. Through June 13 the fund was up about 7 percent in 2014, beating 87 percent of peers.

Apple is also the top holding of the $2.9 billion Calvert Equity Portfolio and the $118 million Green Century Balanced Fund, and is the third-largest stock in the $2 billion Pax World Balanced Fund, according to the funds' latest filings.

Fund managers cited a mix of reasons for warming up to Apple, including reforms pushed by Chief Executive Tim Cook and the stock's outlook. It is up 15 percent in 2014 through Monday on enthusiasm for its iPhones and other pending products, as well as a stock split and a dividend increase.

ananda77
19-06-2014, 09:30 AM
...Buffet would not invest in companies he does not understand, can not value, or is unsure of the longer time frame. So Apple and Google is not an investment for Buffet.
However, if anyone does make an investment in aapl, just beware of the mobile market

m.gsmarena.com/htc_one_e8_reaches_50000_sales_in_15_minutes-news-8809.php

m.gsmarena.com/amazon_fire_phone_unveiled-news-8814.php

m.gsmarena.com.com/lg_g3_vs_samsung_galaxy_s5-review-1092.php

ananda77
19-06-2014, 09:41 AM
.. and this is what Apple is rumoured to be up to:

www.gsmarena.com/5_5_iphone_showcased_in_extensive_video-news-8807.php

...just in case your hopes are on 'wearables', as usual, Google will dominate the market, being ahead of the pack by a long mile

... as far as 'green' goes, just have a look at the Samsung or Google environmental policies. But maybe Apple finally makes up, having a legacy of worker exploitation in Chinese sweatshops

kind regards

pknz
19-06-2014, 11:27 AM
…Buffet would not invest in companies he does not understand, can not value, or is unsure of the longer time frame. So Apple and Google is not an investment for Buffet.
Not sure why you brought up Buffett as he hasn’t made any recent comments on Apple. The last two he made weren’t exactly negative:

"Well, I think the Apple management’s done a pretty good job of running the company. I just wish I’d bought the stock many years ago. I did advise to buy its stock a few years ago, and they’re buying it, they’re buying a lot of stock. They’ve got a lot of money that, it’s not trapped overseas, it’s just that they’d have to pay a lot of money, and of course they’re hoping there’ll be some repatriation at some point, so they won’t have to pay that tax." Warren Buffett, 2013 (emphasis added).

"But if you could buy dollar bills for 80 cents, it’s a very good thing to do." Warren Buffett, talking on CNBC about what Apple should do with its cash. 2013.

However, if anyone does make an investment in aapl, just beware of the mobile market
m.gsmarena.com/htc_one_e8_reaches_50000_sales_in_15_minutes-news-8809.php
m.gsmarena.com/amazon_fire_phone_unveiled-news-8814.php
m.gsmarena.com.com/lg_g3_vs_samsung_galaxy_s5-review-1092.php
The E8 is currently only available in China. Apple sold 9mil iPhones 5s/5c in its opening weekend in 2013.

The Amazon Fire will only be available in USA on one carrier and Joshua Topolsky has already come out and said the UI is a mess.

.. and this is what Apple is rumoured to be up to:

http://www.gsmarena.com/5_5_iphone_s...-news-8807.php

...just in case your hopes are on 'wearables', as usual, Google will dominate the market, being ahead of the pack by a long mile

... as far as 'green' goes, just have a look at the Samsung or Google environmental policies. But maybe Apple finally makes up, having a legacy of worker exploitation in Chinese sweatshops

Sounds like you just don’t like Apple as a company, which is fine, but why keep going on about it if you have nothing to contribute?

ananda77
19-06-2014, 12:04 PM
...the 80 cents in a dollar has been made on CNBC referring to a private conversation he had with Jobs re: what to do with surplus cash
His 2012 remarks of not investing in Apple or Google are unchanged today

... why would I not like Apple? I just think they are not an investment. A tech company needs to innovate. Unless they come up with 'innovation' the Apple story is grinding to a halt

So where is the INNOVATION???????????
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101608060
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/12/23/applecrunch-year-2014/4143685/
http://www.cnbc.com/id100883593
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101610244

kind regards

ananda77
19-06-2014, 04:50 PM
... in conclusion and IMHO, Apple as a company at this junction has not many options to move forward

-Apple has an 'innovation' to be revealed in September
-Apple moves into mass market (as the stock split already suggests) over time

Until there is a clear direction, there is too much uncertainty for the stock to be an investment for my liking

However, there might be a killing to be had on a speculative basis - not an option for me as the stock is simply too expensive for that

kind regards

ananda77
26-06-2014, 09:00 AM
www.gsmarena.com/android_grows_to_315m_phone_shipments_1b_active_us ers-news-8865.php

... worth a read if aapl invested -news from Google I/O-

kind regards

pknz
26-06-2014, 09:13 AM
www.gsmarena.com/android_grows_to_315m_phone_shipments_1b_active_us ers-news-8865.php (http://www.gsmarena.com/android_grows_to_315m_phone_shipments_1b_active_us ers-news-8865.php)

kind regards

You should probably post that in the GOOG thread.

ananda77
26-06-2014, 09:41 AM
www.gsmarena.com/android_grows_to_315m_phone_shipments_1b_active_us ers-news-8865.php

kind regards

... no wonder Cook calls Android an EVIL BREW -ridiculous really-

pknz
26-06-2014, 09:59 AM

Just making stuff up now?

ananda77
26-06-2014, 05:54 PM
.................................................. ........................................HELL STEW.........................http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-06-24/sundar-pichai-google-android-king-on-apple-samsung-and-amazon

pknz
27-06-2014, 10:33 AM
.................................................. ........................................HELL STEW.........................http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-06-24/sundar-pichai-google-android-king-on-apple-samsung-and-amazon

I believe the quote is "toxic hellstew".

ananda77
27-06-2014, 12:34 PM
I believe the quote is "toxic hellstew".

... guess that's just aapl again, after telling the globe the ideal screen size, no one would buy large screen phones, s-pens no good, etc and now slanging down the competition ... not a good look

kind regards

pknz
27-06-2014, 12:43 PM
... guess that's just aapl again, after telling the globe the ideal screen size, no one would buy large screen phones, s-pens no good, etc and now slanging down the competition ... not a good look

kind regards

It's a terrible look isn't it? Probably be out of business this time next year.

ananda77
27-06-2014, 02:00 PM
It's a terrible look isn't it? Probably be out of business this time next year.

Sure not. Besides, a Google only planet would be too boring

ananda77
28-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Samsung now targets aapl tablet bastion with the release of the "tab S 10.5"_8.4" series
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/ipad-air-vs-samsung-tab-s-2014-6/

(after having blown aapl out of the water with the Galaxy note 3 Supermachine)
Why else is aapl scrampling together resources to bring a 5.5" to market -finally having to succumb to market demand-

kind regards

pknz
30-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Scrampling. Love it.

ananda77
02-07-2014, 07:23 PM
m.gsmarena.com/iphone_users_are_switching_to_the_ galaxy_ s5-news8918. php

...of course that may be just the start of a trend...

kind regards

pknz
03-07-2014, 08:27 AM
The World's Most Respected Companies (28/06/2014)

Apple is back on top.
Apple topped this year’s ranking by scoring 3.94, giving it a wide margin of victory. Berkshire scored 3.58, and the mean was 2.37. Apple received the highest number of Highly Respect votes ...

http://online.barrons.com/news/articles/SB50001424053111904544004579644373669102220

Analysts scramble to raise Apple price targets (02/07/2014)

That was before Apple’s aggressive stock repurchase plan and its 7-for-1 stock split. By last week, 64% of the analysts we surveyed had set Apple price targets above $100 a share ($700 pre-split), and more were coming around.

http://fortune.com/2014/07/02/analysts-scramble-to-raise-apple-price-targets/

Is this the scrampling you were talking about?

ananda77
03-07-2014, 11:18 AM
no all know aapl sits on a mountain of Cash

mblog.gsm-arena.com/android-closer-ios-mobile-browsing-ever/

kind regards-

pknz
03-07-2014, 03:12 PM
no all know aapl sits on a mountain of Cash

mblog.gsm-arena.com/android-closer-ios-mobile-browsing-ever/

kind regards-

I'm actually beginning to wonder if you are a spam bot.

peat
23-07-2014, 10:17 PM
currently showing on Serenity
(the Benjamin Graham stock screener)

pknz
20-08-2014, 07:37 AM
AAPl Hit all an time high today. Closed at 100.53.

ananda77
04-09-2014, 07:02 AM
... now the galaxy alpha (metal frame, superfast processor, QHD) and the Note 4 and the Note Edge (3_sided QHD) and VIRTUAL REALITY is reality and the Galaxy Gear....

appl simply suffocated by the line up since all they have to offer is the same thing android users have been enjoying for years

kind regards

peat
04-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Whatever Ananda, this is what matters

pknz
08-09-2014, 10:16 AM
... now the galaxy alpha (metal frame, superfast processor, QHD) and the Note 4 and the Note Edge (3_sided QHD) and VIRTUAL REALITY is reality and the Galaxy Gear....

appl simply suffocated by the line up since all they have to offer is the same thing android users have been enjoying for years

kind regards

I thought we already went over this ananda77?

ananda77
08-09-2014, 08:05 PM
http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/07/5-ways-google-is-still-far-ahead-of-apple/

...September 9 2014 - aapl showcases what it has been up to for the last year - but before we loose sight of all other things real, let's read an interesting piece of 'what happening in the mobile world of giants'

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/07/5-ways-google-is-still-far-ahead-of-apple/

kind regards

pknz
13-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Hey Ananda,

How come you haven't posted about Christmas sales figures?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aapl+christmas

pknz
16-01-2015, 03:26 PM
The developers of Monument Valley (an iOS/Android game) have published some sales figures and other stats.

http://blog.monumentvalleygame.com/blog/2015/1/15/monument-valley-in-numbers.

pknz
29-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Good results: http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2015/01/27Apple-Reports-Record-First-Quarter-Results.html

Ginger_steps_
11-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Sooooo.. Apple Cars - what do people think?? Personally I think that it is an excellent strategy by Apple - Imagine their stylish design on an uber smart car, self driving, solar etc + the tech possibilities are endless! They have the cash, and are poaching the talent - All in all, I am thinking that soon might be a good time to take a position for the future of automobiles... Don't think the smart watches is the greatest move - hopefully they will provide some SP weakness for an entry.

boring
13-04-2015, 08:48 AM
My preference would be for Apple to provide the Dashboard/Entertainment and Control systems. They then outfit existing car manufacturers with these Siri-enabled control systems, which would be an extension of their home automation system.

I think it would be distracting for Apple to be working on chassis design and car propulsion, whether it be electric or fuel cell hybrid. I would prefer they left that to the actual car manufacturers. An alliance with Tesla Motors would be ideal, and it would make sense, both being premium industrial design companies.

Ginger_steps_
15-04-2015, 10:06 PM
I definitely see your point, however*my thought is that cars have changed so little over the last 50 years that its time for a complete overhaul.
I would expect an apple car to be as revolutionary as the ipod (precurser to iphone) - and therefore be nothing like any other car on the market. Something along the lines of a design which focuses on the self driving aspect - inward facing seats with an entorage (cant spell!) of entertainment in the middle. Kind of creating a new sort of living environment that transports you in good fashion....

i cant wait til they arrive and after that i cant wait til i can afford a garage for my house to keep one safe, while saving to buy one - some time around 2030 by my estimate! im sure they will kick ass.

boring
28-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Apple's quarterly earnings were very impressive: revenue up 27%, profit up 33% to $13.6 billion. Those are extremely impressive numbers and demonstrates that Apple doesn't suffer from the Law of Large Numbers yet. Growth is mostly due to the 71% increase in sales in China. Gross margin for this juggernaut is a very healthy 40%.

Apple sits on a phenomenal cash pile of around $173 billion. Wall Street Journal reports that the cash pile is greater than the market capitalisation of all but 15 other companies on the S&P 500. Being a dividend guy, I love the fact that they will pay a 11% increase in dividends.

However, I'm very lukewarm on the $140 billion share buyback, especially when the share hovers at an all time high. I'd rather they pay out a special dividend, even if it's less tax efficient for shareholders. Share buybacks are better left to times when the stock price yields a below average historical price-earnings multiple. Although at 17, Apple's P/E is not expensive, but a few years ago it was trading at a P/E around 13.

Unlike the Wall Street Analysts, I'm unconcerned about the slow down in iPad sales. Sales of the iPhone are much more important. You don't carry an iPad everywhere you go, but you do tend to carry a phone everywhere. And with the larger 6 Plus screen, that could have been a substitute for the iPad anyway. As these consumer tech companies build out their capability, it's going to be more about buying into an ecosystem rather than an individual device.

I think there's plenty of other categories where Apple can grow. I think I'll remain a happy holder as long as Jony Ive remains at the design helm. He was the reason I held on after the passing of Steve Jobs. Glad I did.

winner69
29-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Here is an interesting bit of "fundamental analysis" and suggests punters out their stop losses in place

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/connecting-the-dots/the-underwhelming-demand-for-the-apple-watch

pknz
30-04-2015, 07:53 AM
Here is an interesting bit of "fundamental analysis" and suggests punters out their stop losses in place

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/connecting-the-dots/the-underwhelming-demand-for-the-apple-watch

Would argue that when the iPod and iPhone both launched, kids probably wouldn't have had much interest in the devices either.

Ginger_steps_
13-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Would argue that when the iPod and iPhone both launched, kids probably wouldn't have had much interest in the devices either.
I diagree - I was 15 when the iPod came out - mp3 players and minidisk's were all the rage - if you had a cd discman you were old-fashioned. When the iPod came out all the kids wanted it, not many could afford it however..

pknz
13-05-2015, 03:00 PM
I diagree - I was 15 when the iPod came out - mp3 players and minidisk's were all the rage - if you had a cd discman you were old-fashioned. When the iPod came out all the kids wanted it, not many could afford it however..

I am slightly younger than you, I don't recall seeing any iPods at school until the iPod mini came out in 2004. I don't remember many kids talking about them until 2004... (I also don't recall minidisks being popular).

AppleCrumble
13-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Hey I was just looking at Apple here (http://www.investopedia.com/markets/stocks/aapl/?header_alt=g)

And at the bottom you can see that Insider Transactions which brings you here (http://www.investopedia.com/markets/stocks/aapl/insider/?header_alt=g)

And this shows, if I am reading it right that the CEO may be selling shares recently.

Date Name Title Volume Trade Price Holding Change
11/09/2015 COOK TIMOTHY D Chief Executive Officer -10,000 $120.81 -0.95%
11/06/2015 COOK TIMOTHY D Chief Executive Officer -10,000 $121.23 -0.94%
11/05/2015 COOK TIMOTHY D Chief Executive Officer -10,000 $121.94 -0.93%
11/04/2015 COOK TIMOTHY D Chief Executive Officer -10,000 $123.07 -0.93%
11/03/2015 COOK TIMOTHY D Chief Executive Officer -10,000 $120.73 -0.92%

Am I correct to say that:
He sold 10K shares in the various months?
In Sept2015 he reduced his holdings by -0.95%?

Can anyone advise if I am correctly or incorrectly interpreting this?

For my ref: apple(AAPL) is trading at $99.96

pknz
13-01-2016, 11:20 AM
I think that is correct except for the dates, it is in the format MM/DD/YYYY

Valuegrowth
13-02-2016, 04:23 PM
http://fortune.com/2016/02/11/apple-iphone-ios-share/

About Apple's 40% Share of the U.S. Smartphone Market

peat
17-05-2016, 09:27 PM
From a year ago

Apple currently showing on Serenity
(the Benjamin Graham stock screener)

Warren has been rereading The Intelligent Investor

Joshuatree
03-08-2018, 09:25 AM
The worlds first $trillion company is here!. A cousin living in USA reccoed i buy it back in the early 90's, i couldnt find the ticker(the doubleAA tricked me) and forgot about it! !! Cant go wrong selling new Iphones at the top price and making them redundant every year and a half. I personally got sick of my iphone and am happy with this Huawei.
Note craigs note out on apple today. Portfolio classification- Core :t_up:

peat
03-08-2018, 01:01 PM
The worlds first $trillion company is here!.

. Portfolio classification- Core :t_up:
is that supposed to be funny 😁

peat
26-03-2020, 03:52 PM
Apple Inc. ended the year with $247 billion in cash, securities and account receivables, enough to run its operations for more than a year even if it didn’t cut costs or sell a single iPhone.

peat
14-10-2020, 06:18 PM
https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/technology/iphone-12-the-missing-puzzle-piece-for-5g-adoption FREE ARTICLE

whats amazing in this article is how apple iphone purchasers kept on buying whereas android users shut down the spend.

Remember though this is just for NZ which will only account for a tiny number of their overall sales.

Still, probably the same everywhere??

I reckon Apple fans are much richer and/or prepared to pay more for good tech than Androiders - and for other stuff too like movies and software overall .

I hate the way my Sony Bravia TV shows that Android logo when it reboots. Its the only existence of Android in my ecosystem and it deeply concerns me. (not really)

Bjauck
04-06-2021, 08:00 AM
The worlds first $trillion company is here!. A cousin living in USA reccoed i buy it back in the early 90's, i couldnt find the ticker(the doubleAA tricked me) and forgot about it! !! Cant go wrong selling new Iphones at the top price and making them redundant every year and a half. I personally got sick of my iphone and am happy with this Huawei.
Note craigs note out on apple today. Portfolio classification- Core :t_up: I saw this old post. An acquaintance from when I was over in London, who worked for a consumer electronics retailer, bought 100 apple shares for about $1500 in 2002 for her new-born baby. She said at the time she would keep them for her 21st birthday. I just calculated that with splits there would be 5600 shares now worth about $688,000 USD. I wonder if she kept them.

krb
05-09-2021, 12:43 PM
https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/technology/iphone-12-the-missing-puzzle-piece-for-5g-adoption FREE ARTICLE

whats amazing in this article is how apple iphone purchasers kept on buying whereas android users shut down the spend.

Remember though this is just for NZ which will only account for a tiny number of their overall sales.

Still, probably the same everywhere??

I reckon Apple fans are much richer and/or prepared to pay more for good tech than Androiders - and for other stuff too like movies and software overall .

I hate the way my Sony Bravia TV shows that Android logo when it reboots. Its the only existence of Android in my ecosystem and it deeply concerns me. (not really)

I hope you haven’t connected your tv to the internet. Most smart TVs are leaking your personal info like crazy and selling it. Actually use pixel tracking tech which means even when you are watching content from boxes attached to the tv (like a skydecoder or appletv box) it is still tracking the content and selling it.

TeslaGod
22-10-2021, 11:37 AM
SNAP -20%
GOOG TWTR FB down a/h 2 to 3%

Apple's iOS 14.5 users have to opt in to allow tracking losing rev on above platforms.

Jonette
26-09-2022, 02:11 PM
I have just discovered this page. As a long term investor in AAPL I usually get my info from other sites like ped30.com. It's a pity to see this site not getting the thread posts I would expect for the largest company in the world. I'm currently sitting on a retirement fund's worth of AAPL after buying over the long term and selling the odd amount to fund retirement - last sale US$170 (NZ$270) - first purchase US$3.07 (NZ$4.38) in 2007 after the iPhone 1 was announced.

However, I also do some analysis, this is a new one from this week. I was asked if this was a good time to buy more when the price dropped below US$150 (NZ$260) this week. My answer was that you can buy anytime and still profit, but for NZ investors this last few weeks is actually an ATH period due to exchange rate variation. Not only NZ, but also AU and GB.

https://www.datawrapper.de/_/cMiPH/