PDA

View Full Version : GEO - GeoOP - Work Management Software

Pages : [1] 2 3

moosie_900
23-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Well, interesting to see another company looking to list on the NZAX. Also interesting to see Chief Executive Leanne Graham is the former New Zealand country manager of Xero and has already helped them raise more than $3M dollars.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/9078617/GeoOp-aims-for-junior-NZAX-listing

http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/geoop-exploring-compliance-listing-nzax/5/165355

Anyone have any opinions/know the business they are engaged in?

Schrodinger
23-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Good business, making great moves in Australia with Telstra.

They are basically a tradies best friend. Not sure about the markets outside of Australia but there are lots on little services businesses that will love the app

Crow
23-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Saw the article this morning and did the usual reminders for myself to keep an eye out. Definitely caught my interest, but as usual now trawling for more info........

http://www.geoop.com/

https://twitter.com/GeoOP

etc.

CJ
23-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Well, interesting to see another company looking to list on the NZAX. Also interesting to see Chief Executive Leanne Graham is the former New Zealand country manager of Xero and has already helped them raise more than $3M dollars. Good to have more listings. To early to see if I will be interested but it does have potential.

Not a fan of pre listing placements - will be interesting to see if it trades at a premium once listed. The last thing it needs is someone to to a Sorenson/Business Bakery/SeaDragon to them and want out shortly after listing (Otherwise know as being Snakk'ed).

born2invest
23-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Smartphone & software.

Two words that are definitely out of my circle of competence.

CJ
23-08-2013, 02:41 PM
I like the potential though, plus the awesome word "scaleability" ;)Huge market - links into Xero and even Bigger, FreshBooks. Makes invoicing easier for Tradies, which will get them paid sooner which they will like. Seems win win. Great potential.

Crow
23-08-2013, 02:45 PM
For those of you looking at all the small print etc like me

You can find more info here - http://www.geoop.com/media-releases/geoop-to-explore-capital-raising-for-a-compliance-listing-on-the-nzax-to-accelerate-global-expansions-plans

Right at the bottom (I have pasted below and put in bold the relevant bit for those interested) :t_up:

Habitual investors and eligible persons
Prior to a possible NZAX compliance listing of GeoOP, the company intends to seek funding under a private offer from habitual investors and eligible persons, as defined in the Securities Act 1978.
Subscriptions for shares by “eligible persons” are exempt from most of Part 2 of the Securities Act (including the requirement for there to be a Registered Prospectus and for an investor to receive an Investment Statement in respect of the shares). There is unlikely to be a public offering of securities requiring a Registered Prospectus and Investment Statement.
If you potentially have an interest in investing in GeoOP and are a habitual investor or an eligible person, please confidentially register your interest at geoop@cam.co.nz

Crow
23-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Yes, not looking to be Snakk'ed again! Will be doing extreme due diligence before jumping into this puppy. I like the potential though, plus the awesome word "scaleability" ;)

Lol, know what you mean. Got out of Snakk ages ago and glad I did. Being very selective and doing the usual back to basics of lots of research etc....none of this chasing easy money, lol.

Crow
23-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Haha, "habitual investor". Yup, that's me!

Lol, so you'll be sorted then. Right I'm signing off for now.

Dej
23-08-2013, 02:57 PM
For those of you looking at all the small print etc like me

You can find more info here - http://www.geoop.com/media-releases/geoop-to-explore-capital-raising-for-a-compliance-listing-on-the-nzax-to-accelerate-global-expansions-plans

Right at the bottom (I have pasted below and put in bold the relevant bit for those interested) :t_up:

Habitual investors and eligible persons
Prior to a possible NZAX compliance listing of GeoOP, the company intends to seek funding under a private offer from habitual investors and eligible persons, as defined in the Securities Act 1978.
Subscriptions for shares by “eligible persons” are exempt from most of Part 2 of the Securities Act (including the requirement for there to be a Registered Prospectus and for an investor to receive an Investment Statement in respect of the shares). There is unlikely to be a public offering of securities requiring a Registered Prospectus and Investment Statement.
If you potentially have an interest in investing in GeoOP and are a habitual investor or an eligible person, please confidentially register your interest at geoop@cam.co.nz

For those who dont know what a habitual investor is:
http://www.chapmantripp.com/news/Pages/Court-decides-who-is-a-habitual-investor.aspx

CJ
23-08-2013, 03:06 PM
a habitual investor or an eligible person, Not sure I qualify. Has anyone jumped through the hoops to be classed a Habitual Investor (is there a secret handshake?)

CJ
23-08-2013, 03:38 PM
I know someone invested in GeoOp already. I think they'll do ok if they can get enough money to fund their growth.They haven't convinced you to invest? You would easily meet the eligible person test (and the habitual investor).

Dizzy
24-08-2013, 09:07 AM
I will be jumping into this one the staff who work there are investing which is alway positive plus the software is not expensive to buy so huge potential for growth.

Dej
24-08-2013, 10:15 AM
So am I right in saying we cannot take place in the IPO if we are not a habitual investor??

CJ
24-08-2013, 10:38 AM
So am I right in saying we cannot take place in the IPO if we are not a habitual investor??i am not sure there is going to be an IPO as such. I read it as they are going to do a pre-IPO round to habitual investors, then do a compliance listing. This is a much cheaper option as the prospectus requirements are less. You will then be able to buy on market.

Edit:

From this article http://tvnz.co.nz/business-news/geoop-aims-junior-nzax-listing-5542018

Chief executive Leanne Graham, the former New Zealand country manager of Xero, said GeoOp would not initially seek to raise any money from the float, but a listing would make it easier for it to raise further equity in future and for existing shareholders to trade their shares.

Eligible person: http://www.fma.govt.nz/help-me-comply/financial-advisers/who-needs-to-comply/what-type-of-financial-adviser-am-i/eligible-persons-and-eligible-investors/

Not great for the DIY people among as as we need to pay someone so verify that we are investors (or wealthy). I note the JOBS act in the US has just done away with similar requirements to help out small business financing.

CJ
24-08-2013, 07:44 PM
You only need to look at the big holders and they will all be founders or the new CEO is my guess so no issues there. The small holders are probably staff or advisors who took payment in shares rather than cash.

The risk will be with the pre-IPO round - if it too cheap , they may just be in for a stag.

CJ
01-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Weldon's about as useful as a celebrity endorsement for a finance company in the mid 2000's.

If fact probably less as he won't suck in new customers.

The CEO looks promising so will be interesting to see how it goes.

Bilbo
04-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the sentiment Sparky. Yes, Weldon has not been very useful lately for DIL, can't right off the entire company based on one man though. Will be interesting to see how she trades over the coming years. Hopefully GEO won't have to apply for waivers!

Also interesting to see the comment at the bottom of the article. Will be looking up simPRO now.

Moosie, what were your thoughts on simPRO? Also WorkflowMax appears to be a competitor and I was surprised to see that it is owned by Xero - http://www.workflowmax.com/about.aspx

Schrodinger
04-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Some brief notes from me about GeoOp:

GeoOp is targeted at tradies and has the design and applications specifically for this.
Mainly selling in Australia where there is a huige market.
Commercial agreement with Telstra which is very important to get customers.
Links nicely into the Xero eco system and therefore access to applications and addons.
Nice marketing and product design.
The UI maybe superior however I havent seen the SimPro UI.

I dont know alot of SimPro but from my quick glance at their website they are going after the general SME market (maintenance etc). I dont get the narrow niche focus from SimPro as I get from GeoOp marketing.

Although I think they are in the same space.

Toasty
04-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Moosie, what were your thoughts on simPRO? Also WorkflowMax appears to be a competitor and I was surprised to see that it is owned by Xero - http://www.workflowmax.com/about.aspx

I will jump in here. Simpro has a lot more functionality but is considerably more expensive. Sort of the Enterprise version if you will. I think the interesting thing is that it is likely that they will both be competing for the same market. Simpro has a module called simtrak which can be installed independently I believe that may be Simpros low end answer to GeoOP.

I never thought about WorkFlowmax as a competitor as it doesn't have the GPS component but has all the job tracking capability.

I saw GeoOP on display at Xerocon in Auckland earlier this year but after talking to the Simpro guys I kinda wrote it off. I may have been a bit hasty. Someone like Leanne Graham has a pretty good track record of picking winners.

CJ
04-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I never thought about WorkFlowmax as a competitor as it doesn't have the GPS component but has all the job tracking capability. That would have to be a risk - cant be too hard to add in a GPS component. Question is would Xero (workflows owner) step on the toes of one of its Alumni?

Balance
08-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Weldon's about as useful as a celebrity endorsement for a finance company in the mid 2000's.

If fact probably less as he won't suck in new customers.

The CEO looks promising so will be interesting to see how it goes.

Well said, CJ.

Weldon is not highly thought of in the broking community - that much I know.

ExNZX staff when he was CEO have nothing good to say about him - I have heard terms like 'egomaniac prick, social misfit etc' to describe his personality.

He milked NZX and the broking/investment community for all he could extract from a monopoly and only a revolt by the listed companies (when he tried to raise charges yet again) stopped him from filling his pockets with more ill-gotten loot.

Diligent lost credibility when it appointed him as a director imho, and GeoOP should have done more homework before appointing him as Chairman.

Noticed how Weldon ran a million miles away from Diligent when the **** hit the fan on its listing, but was so quickly to claim credit for any success?

Balance
08-09-2013, 11:48 AM
From some comments in NBR on Mark weldon :

"The NZSE used to be a vibrant place with many participants and players. Sure it had its faults but which industry does not?

The industry back then generated a lot of good and high playing jobs, especially for young graduates coming through the system.

Then came the NZX and Mark Weldon. He saw a monopoly and started cranking up charges, without providing any real incremental services or benefits back to the industry and the market, especially investors.

Meanwhile, the NZX struggled to keep executives. For example, how many CFOs in ten years?

Heck, the guy even wanted to charge for real time company's announcements! Just compare what the ASX provides to the industry versus NZX.

It took a rebellion by some listed companies for Mark to back off from continuously cranking up the (already) exorbitant charges.

Proof of the exorbitant charges - NZX's profits kept soaring even while the service to the industry deteriorated.

Net result - sure NZX is now worth $250m more than it was when Mark took over. Good for NZX shareholders, especially Mark Weldon.

The real cost to NZ though is the loss of hundreds of jobs as firms cut back to stay profitable, and a stock market and industry that has gone backwards in whichever way you care to measure.

Commerce and finance graduates now cannot find decent jobs in the industry in NZ. Just check with the broking firms, investment banks and employment agencies in NZ.

They now have to go across to Australia to get jobs.

And oh yes, how many broking and investment banking firms and staff were there in 2000 versus today? The flow on of this reduced capital market activity is less jobs for the other professions - law, accounting, media, etc.

Future generations will look back at Mark Weldon and those who supported Mark Weldon (Forsyth Barr especially, the Wellington business mafia, John Key and vested interest groups) as people who destroyed billions of wealth in NZ - all for a sack of silver.

Reflect on that, folks."

kizame
08-09-2013, 12:25 PM
From some comments in NBR on Mark weldon :

"The NZSE used to be a vibrant place with many participants and players. Sure it had its faults but which industry does not?

The industry back then generated a lot of good and high playing jobs, especially for young graduates coming through the system.

Then came the NZX and Mark Weldon. He saw a monopoly and started cranking up charges, without providing any real incremental services or benefits back to the industry and the market, especially investors.

Meanwhile, the NZX struggled to keep executives. For example, how many CFOs in ten years?

Heck, the guy even wanted to charge for real time company's announcements! Just compare what the ASX provides to the industry versus NZX.

It took a rebellion by some listed companies for Mark to back off from continuously cranking up the (already) exorbitant charges.

Proof of the exorbitant charges - NZX's profits kept soaring even while the service to the industry deteriorated.

Net result - sure NZX is now worth $250m more than it was when Mark took over. Good for NZX shareholders, especially Mark Weldon.

The real cost to NZ though is the loss of hundreds of jobs as firms cut back to stay profitable, and a stock market and industry that has gone backwards in whichever way you care to measure.

Commerce and finance graduates now cannot find decent jobs in the industry in NZ. Just check with the broking firms, investment banks and employment agencies in NZ.

They now have to go across to Australia to get jobs.

And oh yes, how many broking and investment banking firms and staff were there in 2000 versus today? The flow on of this reduced capital market activity is less jobs for the other professions - law, accounting, media, etc.

Future generations will look back at Mark Weldon and those who supported Mark Weldon (Forsyth Barr especially, the Wellington business mafia, John Key and vested interest groups) as people who destroyed billions of wealth in NZ - all for a sack of silver.

Reflect on that, folks."

All because of Mark Weldon? I don't think so,the market is way bigger than one person,c,mon. And ... He is gone from the scene now so...

Balance
08-09-2013, 12:51 PM
if he did that for NZX imagine what he can do for GeoOP!

(just playing devils advocate, don't crucify me please!)

Difference is that NZX is a monopoly.

Any idiot can run and milk a monopoly.

Mark Weldon's entry as director into Diligent (and the subsequent price action) gives you a fair idea of what to expect from Weldon as Chairman.

CJ
26-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Anyone hear anything lately about when GeoOp is scheduled to list? Anything about the $8M fundraising?

12 Questions in the Herald today with Leanne Graham. She's a little bit of alright for 43 ;)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=11130072Shes a Grandmother! How old are you moosie! ;)

baller18
26-09-2013, 01:50 PM
so I see moosie is into cougars.. a moose chasing a cougar... Think the cougar could eat the moose up though lol!

Crow
26-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Anyone hear anything lately about when GeoOp is scheduled to list? Anything about the $8M fundraising?

12 Questions in the Herald today with Leanne Graham. She's a little bit of alright for 43 ;)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=11130072

It is also important to note, registered investors will not be able to receive a Disclosure Document and subscription agreement until they have returned all the required documents attached certifying they are eligible investors.

Please see below for an indicative timetable:

Registrations of interest close

5pm on Friday, 20 September 2013

Disclosure Document (subject to approval by the NZX) and subscription agreement sent out to all registered eligible investors

From Tuesday, 23 September

Share offer closes. All subscription agreements must be sent to Share Registrar (Link Market Services)

Early October 2013

Quotation and trading of shares expected to commence on the NZAX

Second or third week of October 2013

Please note: This timetable is indicative only and GeoOP reserves the right to amend it.

Crow
26-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Thats the info i got last week.

CJ
26-09-2013, 05:37 PM
1/2+7 = 28 1/2 for her so you are too young

janner
26-09-2013, 07:52 PM
applying the vaunted cougar algorithm are we there CJ? tis ok, my partner will do ;)

Obviously not if you are window shopping moosie :-))

RIP moosie :-))

CJ
27-09-2013, 09:10 AM
a taken man can stilk have an opinion, he is not blind! good thing the missus doesn't follow ST though... :pGiven the Man-Crush you had on Handley, you can understand my concern ;)

Back to the actual company - I wish those accredited investors well. This will add further depth to the sharemarket and if successful, will hpoefully encourage others to list.

Schrodinger
03-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Still no sign of listing...:confused:

Late October?

Crow
03-10-2013, 12:55 PM
I'll Post Again :scared:

Registrations of interest close
5pm on Friday, 20 September 2013

Disclosure Document (subject to approval by the NZX) and subscription agreement sent out to all registered eligible investors
From Tuesday, 23 September

Share offer closes. All subscription agreements must be sent to Share Registrar (Link Market Services)
Early October 2013

Quotation and trading of shares expected to commence on the NZAX
Second or third week of October 2013

Please note: This timetable is indicative only and GeoOP reserves the right to amend it.

Crow
03-10-2013, 01:08 PM
:t_up: - Best way to be honest.

Balance
11-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Happy to pass on this one.

Mark Weldon is to be avoided - only knows how to run monopoly and his track record with DIL shows the boy has no substance.

He is a good time merchant - look at the staff turnover at NZX during his tenure and it tells you a lot about anything connected with him.

CJ
17-10-2013, 01:23 PM
They have raised $10m (only seeking $8m) and were three times oversubscribed. I'm a bit annoyed I'm not accredited.

Will be interesting to see how it goes once listed on the NZAX - should have a great start given no new shares issued on the IPO.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/xero-geoop-ck-141657

oldmate
20-10-2013, 06:26 PM
I will definitely getting in, should be the same as Xero

whatsup
21-10-2013, 03:44 PM
I will definitely getting in, should be the same as Xero

Could be but not straight away, if you go back and look at the XRO chart it stagnated for some 3-4 years after listing and only really took off when it changed its original stratgy after its initial one did not deliver and it convinced high net worth angle investors to come on board. From memory there have been 3 major fund raising the last of which raised $180 mil , all the last 2 raisings have been used to gain traction but XRO is still in a major loss making situation and with out the last fund raising it would IMHO be facing major problems
GeoOP is a vastly different type of company with a far different business model Be awary this is NOT a XRO in waiting, do not get caught up in the XRO hype.

whatsup
21-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Mmmm I'm not sure about the info you are providing there whatsup.....

What part is wrong ?

whatsup
21-10-2013, 04:39 PM
IMHO the three bits I bolded ;)
Eg, After 3 or 4 years you would have has a pretty good return on your capital had you invested at the IPO (or soon after)
They didn't change their strategy because the initial one didn't deliver.
Everything was fine before the capital raise (hence why they were able to convince investors to part with $180m at $18.15 (a price above the market price at the time).

Anyway this is not a XRO thread - don't want to clutter it with. I encourage people interested in XRO to head there for more info. .Good luck to everyone involved with GeoOP!

P S, I Bought XRO early 2010 @ Approx 1.50. and it was stagnant for approx 3 years.

oldmate
23-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Due to list on 31st October on NZAX

CJ
23-10-2013, 09:54 AM
They have raised $10m (only seeking $8m) and were three times oversubscribed. Does anyone know what the new shares were issued at recently? I assume it was $1???

oldmate
23-10-2013, 10:59 AM
I believe they were $1

whatsup
28-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Listing this week , Thurs I think , whats the code please.?

janner
28-10-2013, 07:33 PM
GEO.

And remember, they are on the NZAX, not the NZX! I suggest anyone with an ASB account call their broker early this week to establisht he rules of trading this share before hand. I also suggest DB customers talk to their broker and make sure there is no special code for selling (there was with Snakk that I was unaware of for a couple of days!)

Hehe !.. This Forum is addictive .. is it not moosie :-))

Good to see that you are still with us ..

whatsup
29-10-2013, 09:54 AM
GEO.

And remember, they are on the NZAX, not the NZX! I suggest anyone with an ASB account call their broker early this week to establisht he rules of trading this share before hand. I also suggest DB customers talk to their broker and make sure there is no special code for selling (there was with Snakk that I was unaware of for a couple of days!)

If there is a special sell quote that is needed can someone please publish.

Thor
29-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I've been doing a bit of research into GeoOP as well. Yes the product looks interesting, but it's not unique, in-fact there are tons of SaaS companies out there doing exactly the same thing already. I started to gather a list of them, but stopped doing it after finding out there are so many. Here is the list I compiled:

FieldAware (US)
http://www.fieldaware.com

Mhelpdesk (US)
http://www.mhelpdesk.com

Jobber (CA)
http://www.getjobber.com

Connect2Field (US)
http://www.connect2field.com

ServiceM8 (AU)
http://www.servicem8.com

Synchroteam (FR)
http://www.synchroteam.com

SimPro (AU)
http://simpro.com.au

XnappDragon (NZ)
http://www.xnappdragon.com

Fergus (NZ)
http://www.fergusapp.com

WorkflowMax (NZ)
http://www.workflowmax.com

What I could not find out was the size and market penetration of most of these companies. Most of them are private. Connect2Field is owned by Fleetmatics which is on the NYSE.

I would really like to know what percentage of SMB field service companies are using SaaS solutions; it looks like a very small number, but I'm not sure.

The way I see it is that it's all about how quickly they can grow sales and establish themselves as a global market leader. As far as I could tell there doesn't appear to be a super large player in this (emerging?) space yet and I guess this is where the potential is.

Longhaul
29-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Don't know about the rest of you, but this listing isn't making me very excited. I wonder if it's because I really don't like the name?

apac
29-10-2013, 11:06 PM
What time is it listing tomorrow do we know?

silverblizzard888
29-10-2013, 11:21 PM
What time is it listing tomorrow do we know?

It actually list on Thursday 31st October, so day after tomorrow. Don't think time has been mentioned yet.

apac
30-10-2013, 11:06 PM
It actually list on Thursday 31st October, so day after tomorrow. Don't think time has been mentioned yet.

So who is in tomorrow?

silverblizzard888
31-10-2013, 12:34 AM
So who is in tomorrow?
Possibly might dip into it a little.

oldmate
31-10-2013, 01:08 AM
I be having a look at how it goes

Crow
31-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Anyone know what the ticker symbol will be?

Crow
31-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Anyone know what the ticker symbol will be?

It's ok found it GEO

Crow
31-10-2013, 08:17 AM
will be watching very closely today, will more than likely be in at some point ;)

Same here.

CJ
31-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Will it start trading at 10:00am?Lists at 11am

and the recent capital raising was at $1

http://techday.com/the-channel/news/expanding-geoop-set-for-nzax-listing/

Crow
31-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Will it start trading at 10:00am?

10:30 apparently :)

Schrodinger
31-10-2013, 09:30 AM
By the looks of it there will be a strong opening. Pricing is indicating $2 which seems a bit ridiculous.

Thor
31-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Are people actually doing due diligence on this? Looks like people are going to just throw money at it without even a clue about the company or the revenue. I can't believe at the current price of $1 the market cap is already $27 million, their revenue for 2013 year was only $124,000. This is not some innovative software that is going to take the world by storm, there are dozens of SaaS providers out there already doing exactly the same thing. Craziness! Feels like the dot-com bubble.

CJ
31-10-2013, 09:40 AM
Cheers guys, you looking to buy CJ??I am a bit cash poor at the moment so no. Will be looking at it at a later point in time.

My main concern is there seems to be lots of other companies doing the same thing so I want to see a bit more history/traction. Same could be said for Xero (Wave, Freshbooks etc) in the early days..

JohnnyTheHorse
31-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Are people actually doing due diligence on this? Looks like people are going to just throw money at it without even a clue about the company or the revenue. I can't believe at the current price of $1 the market cap is already $27 million, their revenue for 2013 year was only $124,000. This is not some innovative software that is going to take the world by storm, there are dozens of SaaS providers out there already doing exactly the same thing. Craziness! Feels like the dot-com bubble.

How dear you suggest such a thing. It's different this time, we have entered a new paradigm.

Just joking, agree completely with you. This stock may give a good indication of how close we are getting to the end of this bull run :)

CJ
31-10-2013, 09:44 AM
By the looks of it there will be a strong opening. Pricing is indicating $2 which seems a bit ridiculous.The question is who will be selling - significantly oversubscribed so I assume they bought for the long term (so need to be convinced to sell) and I think the previous rounds were all insiders so no Moosie/Soresen type battle to be played out (have not researched or confirmed this point).

Copper
31-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Very early days pre open though. Things will change a lot in the next 1.5hrs.

Has the feel of an SNK opening.Hope that's the only similarity.

CJ
31-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Everyone ha their price though aye! Hence my use of the word 'Convinced'. Money is the best convincer after a 6.5foot tall dude built like a brick$hit house with a nasty look on his face.

Do some due diligence before she opens then Not interested just yet so wont be doing DD.

Bobcat.
31-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Bear in mind that there was a large placement at $1 and those shareholders may well get itchy fingers when tempted with a 100% profit take today and tomorrow.

Also, has anyone read the PR job on Techday?

It's full of promise re mobile workforce management but there is not enough info for my liking. I'm not impressed the way it uses the usual hooks and trendy IT jargon ('rapid integration with cloud based products', 'smartphone mobile apps', 'easy to use,' intuitive', 'scalable', etc)

And chairman Mark Weldon surely knows more about the IT&T industry than what is indicated by his statement "for the FIRST TIME, there is an opportunity to bring simple, value-add software into the field for small and medium sized trades and services businesses" BS.

What is the function and competitive advange (if any) of this software? What are their target industries? What competitive strengths does GeoOp boast? Does it know its market competitors? What market research findings confirm substantial demand? Is it a niche market or broad-based? etc

I for one am not buying into something I don't better understand, and their company comms, sales and marketing to date does not help a lot.

Schrodinger
31-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Might wait this one out till the pricing settles. If Snakk is anything to go by it would pay to wait 2-3 months while the kids buy at stupid prices.

Update:

Am I reading this right? 2.10 minimum bid?

Ahh some starting at 1.50 now

tosspot
31-10-2013, 10:05 AM
this could also be a prime opportunity to make some big money in an hour or 2 straight in, straight out

ddrone
31-10-2013, 10:07 AM
this could also be a prime opportunity to make some big money in an hour or 2 straight in, straight out

Only if you think it's going to up another 50% on open SP (200% open?). I guess SNK did 300% thought right?

Schrodinger
31-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Nice to see they gave GEO an overlay on the NZX website.

Looks great.

ddrone
31-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Anyone elses DB account broken?

94dj
31-10-2013, 10:16 AM
yup ANZs not working

Crow
31-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Thought it would open 1.10 to 1.25. Had target of 1.15 to go in at most. At the silly prices so far, i'm out. :eek2:

CJ
31-10-2013, 10:19 AM
I like the ties to XRO,I dont think you want to tie the success of GEO on XRO. I assume GEO links in with others as well which diversifies that risk.

gv1
31-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Whats the code, I am typing geo, nothing coming up?

oldmate
31-10-2013, 10:25 AM
I like the company, I like the people involved, I like the product (from what I understand of it), I like the ties to XRO, I like the potential BUT I hate the mCap vs revenue. Not for me at this stage. I thought it might open around $1.20-$1.30 but right now $2.40 is a bit ridiculas if you ask me!

Good luck to all those that are in though!

I am looking on the NZAX it is showing $3.51, which site are you looking on.

ddrone
31-10-2013, 10:27 AM
I am looking on the NZAX it is showing $3.51, which site are you looking on.

$3.51 buy, $2.39 match price.

oldmate
31-10-2013, 10:37 AM
$3.51 buy, $2.39 match price.

I cant see the match price , on NZAX it is showing $1

gv1
31-10-2013, 10:38 AM
It's GEO, what are you on?? ASB???

GEO works on both DB and the NZX

Thanks buddy, was checking in ASB but had a glance at DB, its okey with them.

Schrodinger
31-10-2013, 10:38 AM
You need to view it on DB or ANZ. My ASB has trouble with NZAX listings.

gv1
31-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks mate.

gv1
31-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks mate.

31-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Interesting with all the announcements this morning that the time today that they start trading has not been mentioned. Sums up NZX as a cowboy outfit.

winner69
31-10-2013, 10:54 AM
How dear you suggest such a thing. It's different this time, we have entered a new paradigm.

Just joking, agree completely with you. This stock may give a good indication of how close we are getting to the end of this bull run :)

Johnny ..no joke ..we have entered a new paradigm

31-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Found. Thank you.

Still doesn't change my general opinion of the NZX.

Schrodinger
31-10-2013, 10:58 AM
I have run some numbers following on from Moosie regarding revenue.

5,000 x 20 x 12 = 1.2 m estimated expected revenue for 2014. Although MCR would be a better measure for SaaS.

This figure should be adjusted up or down depending on current subs and ARPC.

Good features are the very low churn rate and increasing sub pickup.

I will be using the same Xero valuation metrics for GEO.

gv1
31-10-2013, 11:05 AM
B... DB, system failure. Can't access ASB.

thedigger
31-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Good to have more listings. To early to see if I will be interested but it does have potential.

Not a fan of pre listing placements - will be interesting to see if it trades at a premium once listed. The last thing it needs is someone to to a Sorenson/Business Bakery/SeaDragon to them and want out shortly after listing (Otherwise know as being Snakk'ed).

Wow how true Guru, Sorrenson, Joyce there is about 6 of them including Ken Wikeley always in the background. The shame is Mark Weldon let all those back door listing guys have a free reign over many years now we hear he is back involved with this GeoOP.
Don't trust that John Sorrenson he is still up to his old Cons along with Ken Wikeley, "apparently Wikeley has a new name so be very weary" the latest is with a company called Edel Metals Group trying to Scam out $23,000,000.00

baller18
31-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Whoa... they are really seeing this is the next xero huh?

apac
31-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Whoa... they are really seeing this is the next xero huh?

I take it nobody here got in at this price?

whatsup
31-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Not a chance.

Buyers already weak. Selling will begin in the afternoon. Have no idea where it will end up, maybe around $2.00?

REAL HOT POTATO now, pass the parcel for sure!

blackcap
31-10-2013, 11:27 AM
$1.50 maybe? Have no realy idea with this one but would have loved to be able to short on the open. Moosie... its good to have you back but please be careful.

Crow
31-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I take it nobody here got in at this price?

No way. :t_down:

ddrone
31-10-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm picking $1.50 for the bottom. Does anyone have a chart showing what happened on the first couple of days of SNK? I'm picking a mid afternoon slump followed by a run up at the end of the day and an open up tomorrow. Who's a betting man?

gv1
31-10-2013, 11:37 AM
This one went down quickly.

ddrone
31-10-2013, 11:39 AM
We all know the media is going to report strong opening which will propel tomorrow. Watching carefully.

Schrodinger
31-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Yep. Throw in some "bad" news and we have an entry point.

Looking at $1 over the next 2 months.

whatsup
31-10-2013, 11:41 AM
i'm picking $1.50 for the bottom. Does anyone have a chart showing what happened on the first couple of days of snk? I'm picking a mid afternoon slump followed by a run up at the end of the day and an open up tomorrow. Who's a betting man?

this is not a snk !!

CJ
31-10-2013, 11:42 AM
e to $1.10 over the coming weeks.That would be a good entry point. I thought there was no rush to do DD on this - I may well be right with open at 2.38 and a high of only $2.40 it doesn't look positive (for traders).

Note: it is still positive as it is above $1 so those that backed recently for the long haul should be commended. Those that wanted in for the long haul but missed out as oversubscribed should be annoyed.

ddrone
31-10-2013, 11:47 AM
this is not a snk !!

The trading hype is pretty similar though right? Tech stock, comparisons to Xero etc etc, hysteria and euphoria reigns.

gv1
31-10-2013, 11:57 AM
You r on the money MR

whatsup
31-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Catch a falling KNIFE, when is the time , $1.55, hmmmmm !

ddrone
31-10-2013, 12:15 PM

I think it will touch $1.50 so $1.55 could be a good point to jump.

whatsup
31-10-2013, 12:16 PM
WHERES OUR SHARE, seems to have dissappeared, is this a software issue or a NZX problem, WHATSUP ? !!

Thor
31-10-2013, 12:20 PM
id be careful with this one

down the track apps like this will be common place ....

They are common place already! In-fact in NZ alone there are 3 other companies I know of with same SaaS offering.

Fergus (NZ)
http://www.fergusapp.com (http://www.fergusapp.com/)

XnappDragon (NZ)
http://www.xnappdragon.com (http://www.xnappdragon.com/)

WorkflowMax (NZ)
http://www.workflowmax.com (http://www.workflowmax.com/)

Copper
31-10-2013, 12:23 PM

Quite frankly very few people other than those on this site have even heard of the thing.When the general public hear on TV they will only see that it has fallen all day maybe.Your $1.55 may be the settling point but no one will rush in on this days early moves..

Schrodinger
31-10-2013, 12:23 PM
I think it will touch $1.50 so $1.55 could be a good point to jump.

I would wait longer. Think weeks.

ddrone
31-10-2013, 12:30 PM
I would wait longer. Think weeks.

Long term for sure, that's not the hat I'm wearing on this one.

CJ
31-10-2013, 12:35 PM
WorkflowMax (NZ)
http://www.workflowmax.com (http://www.workflowmax.com/)Owned by XRO but I dont think it does the GPS part. Surely that would be the next step and would each GEO lunch if they did.

Quite frankly very few people other than those on this site have even heard of the thing.When the general public hear on TV they will only see that it has fallen all day maybe.Your $1.55 may be the settling point but no one will rush in on this days early moves..They will actually see it as an increase from the $1 list price.

andysh
31-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Yup exactly! And it will be reported as such too!! 50% + gains on the first day or what ever, "the new tech darling" Ahhhh, it hurts my ears ;)

It's already started: http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/geoop-latest-tech-darling-shares-soar-nzax-debut-bd-147888

CJ
31-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Drifting back up to $2. Still punters wanting in.

baller18
31-10-2013, 03:00 PM
So this company has a lot more potential than WYN and SLI? Hmmm?

baller18
31-10-2013, 03:00 PM
So this company has a lot more potential than WYN and SLI? Hmmm?

Copper
31-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Didn't see that coming... Weird.

could be a combination of NBR and the TV 1 midday news. All hype.

CJ
31-10-2013, 03:45 PM
So this company has a lot more potential than WYN and SLI? Hmmm?If it holds up above $2, then it shows that the last capital raising they did was far to cheap and existing shareholders got ripped off. The new shares were for a significant portion of the company so it wasn't a minor dilution. I would be surprised if the founders and insiders stuffed up that bad. Hence I will wait for it to settle.

Market cap for WYN and SLI is still at least double GEO if that signifies the potential of the companies (as opposed to the trading potential).

winner69
31-10-2013, 03:56 PM
For those interested in this outfit the comments under the NBR story are quite interesting (The Doctor has not commented yet)

One guy says the sales numbers don't stack and one guy says it is a bit naughty of a shareholder with 200,000 shares writing 'customer reviews' all over the place

Maybe this is what a new paradigm looks like

winner69
31-10-2013, 04:12 PM
It's already started: http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/geoop-latest-tech-darling-shares-soar-nzax-debut-bd-147888

Moosie ....the link

whatsup
31-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Well I got this well and truely wrong today , who would have thought of this retrace.

On another subject are there any punters on there who daytraded this today and made money ?, if so give us the trade details, cheers.

JohnnyTheHorse
31-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Well I got this well and truely wrong today , who would have thought of this retrace.

On another subject are there any punters on there who daytraded this today and made money ?, if so give us the trade details, cheers.

Bought at $2.40 and sold at $1.80. Not my best trade this week, but certainly not the worst. Damn hype gets me every time.

CJ
31-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Bought at $2.40 Dame - the days high

in at $2.00Not quite the low so very disappointing :) . Nice way to capitalised on a sick day. Have you considered turning 'pro' - are you working to wards a level of capital where that would be viable or are you still having your share of losers?

ddrone
31-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Haha, yes I am very disappointed in myself right now and am going to eat dry wheetbix tonight to punish myself :eek2:

I am focussed on raising my capital right now and getting to a point where I can become pro.

I was wary of buying because of the frequent trips to the bathroom and the need to watch it, but at last, relief is here! Unfortunately, money cannot buy you healthiness, so still feel like s***!

Out of interest, if I may ask, have you made back your losses on DIL yet Moosie?

CJ
31-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Unfortunately, money cannot buy you healthiness, so still feel like s***!You could buy into some pro-biotic companies. Not BLT though, they are for the mouth, not the gut so wouldn't have helped.

ddrone
31-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Broke even today ddrone. Not bad for 3 weeks trading eh? :)

Great to hear, silver linings.

Copper
31-10-2013, 06:38 PM
The TV3 coverage was quite conservative. Even Mark Weldon said I put in 2 mill and it will hurt if it does not go well. That's what investors should experience. Even the staff were full of " having to perform "statements.It may temper a few of the Xero repeat dreamers....that's my take..

Stranger_Danger
01-11-2013, 07:16 AM
Cooper, the real point is that there was TV coverage.

Seen a TV crew outside your corner dairy recently, a business that is currently turning over more than GeoOp, but, presumably, is not capitalised at 50 million dollars?

I've been slowly edging up to this for 12 months, but, now I'm calling it : Unbelievably, after little more than a decade, we now have another dotcom bubble.

Enjoy it if you want, profit if you can, but do not delude yourself and prepare accordingly for it to blow, because it will.

Recently, I've been hearing people say to compare Xero not to Meridian, or Auckland Airport or Contact (one gets scared when one does that!) but to similar Nasdaq listed tech stocks.

This form of analysis (find something even more expensive to make your pet stock feel cheap) is, in itself, never a good sign.

Regardless, I've spent the last week doing just this. Line by line, going through over 100 Nasdaq stocks, nearly all cloud plays.

I have been shocked - I had no idea we - once again, 12 years later - had zero revenue stocks being listed with multi billion dollar market caps.

And now I get it. Xero **IS** cheap when compared to some of this crap.

Of course, someone with this mindset doesn't do the next step - take the zero revenue Nasdaq crap and then compare THAT to Meridian!

I'm calling it. We're here. Tech stocks bubble, will blow horribly.

Enjoy the game guys, and feel free to commence laughing at me.

percy
01-11-2013, 07:21 AM
After losing a fair bit on US dot.com bubble 12 years ago I think your post is "right on the money."
Timely warning !!

blackcap
01-11-2013, 07:51 AM
After losing a fair bit on US dot.com bubble 12 years ago I think your post is "right on the money."
Timely warning !!

I went through the dotcom bubble in 2000, lost a bit, learnt a lot. This is as stranger danger puts it very similar to 12 years ago. The same rationale is being used, the same justifications, the same blown out prices on stocks and the same zealous like defending of prices and ridicule of those "old farts" who just do not understand that this is something different and revenues and PE's are a thing of the past and do not matter.
Like stranger danger said... make money while you can but be prepared to pull out because a lot of people are going to get hurt and a lot will become disillusioned with capital markets.

CJ
01-11-2013, 08:32 AM
I went through the dotcom bubble in 2000, lost a bit, learnt a lot. This is as stranger danger puts it very similar to 12 years ago. I wasn't investing back there.

My understanding is the 'difference' this time is that it is based on the growth of paying customers (even if 'currently' those customers don't cover costs). The past bubble was based on the growth of non paying clicks/pages views/etc which relied on an advertising model - of which Google is the most successful company to survive.

Is that correct?
And if so, does that 'difference' actually matter?
Does this 'difference' rely on a 'winner takes all' outcome as that is the only way revenues will cover costs?

blackcap
01-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi CJ,

I wasn't even thinking of the mechanics of where revenue comes from. Back then the "difference" was that the "internet" (very much at its infancy) was going to do away with everything and totally change the way business operates. A new paradigm as it were. But the similarities with now is the thinking and hype that goes on with these stocks. The very premise that revenue and profit are not that important and that potential growth is infinite, forgetting the very real risk of competition. It is so easy to get caught up and many may feel they are missing the boat and tend to get in at exactly the wrong time. And do not be fooled by the so called experts or fund managers purchasing as well. Back in 2000 the "experts" got caught out just as badly as the punters.
It doesn't really matter what the "difference" is. Whenever you hear the justification for avoiding real things such as PE's and earnings being "this is different" then you know something is wrong.
Just my opinion off course :)

Bjauck
01-11-2013, 09:03 AM
The past bubble was based on the growth of non paying clicks/pages views/etc which relied on an advertising model - of which Google is the most successful company to survive.

In latter stage bull runs investors often just pile money into companies without sorting the wheat from the chav. Research is key. Has Geoop got the edge? Is it difficult for competitors to enter the market?

Skuxtrader
01-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Geo op does have the edge on its competitors. Last night I talked to a friend of mine who runs an app develoPment company. He said it would be very difficult to make a better product. The standard of the app according to him was top notch

Discl not holding

CJ
01-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Geo op does have the edge on its competitors. Last night I talked to a friend of mine who runs an app develoPment company. He said it would be very difficult to make a better product. The standard of the app according to him was top notchBeing the best doesn't necessarily mean you will win. I can only think of the really ancient analogy of Betamax vs VHS - VHS won due to marketing even though Betamax was the better product.

If XRO added GPS to workflow max and bundled it, then it might win for that reason alone.

Skuxtrader
01-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Being the best doesn't necessarily mean you will win. I can only think of the really ancient analogy of Betamax vs VHS - VHS won due to marketing even though Betamax was the better product.

If XRO added GPS to workflow max and bundled it, then it might win for that reason alone.

I realise that there are other variables in play that could block this company from succeeding i.e marketing like you say. I was just making the point known that from a developers perspective the app has the edge on its competitors.

gv1
01-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Its overpriced and I also believe that Xero can come up and add this feature.

Toasty
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM

But would they? I believe GeoOP is a Xero partner. They will have to be reasonably careful about which partner apps they choose to stomp on or would it be more likely that they will acquire it and add the functionality to the core Xero product?

gv1
01-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Depends which one is cheaper I guess.

Bobcat.
01-11-2013, 10:52 AM

Financial apps (Xero) and Mobile Work Management apps (GeoOp) have an almost completely different set of functions, features, customer business applications, etc. One is not an add-on to the other unless your software suite has an application portfolio as big as SAP, IBM or Oracle.

baller18
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
$2.65... whoa...

Copper
01-11-2013, 04:33 PM
$2.65... whoa...

So much for a drift back to 130/150 and the dot com bubble and bust.It seems to be a mind confounding last hurrah.....

CJ
01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
So much for a drift back to 130/150 and the dot com bubble and bust.It seems to be a mind confounding last hurrah.....Amazing result (and by that I mean I am amazed).

I hope for the new shareholders that the price is justified and we see some phenomenal growth in the short term.

oldmate
01-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Amazing result (and by that I mean I am amazed).

I hope for the new shareholders that the price is justified and we see some phenomenal growth in the short term.

I tried to get in twice once at $1.90 and then @ $2.4 and I was just kept chasing the price Broker told me it wasn't worth it so have lost interest and cancelled my sizeable orders. It is a great company but 150% in 2 days maybe a bit much and next week there might be a bit of "Hot Potato" being played.

CJ
01-11-2013, 05:51 PM
I tried to get in twice once at $1.90 and then @ $2.4 and I was just kept chasing the price Broker told me it wasn't worth it so have lost interest and cancelled my sizeable orders. It is a great company but 150% in 2 days maybe a bit much and next week there might be a bit of "Hot Potato" being played.
Why were you interested in buying? Have you valued, you like the industry/product, momentum chasing or pure gamble. Serious question.

oldmate
01-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Why were you interested in buying? Have you valued, you like the industry/product, momentum chasing or pure gamble. Serious question.

I do like the product but thinking that a capitalisation of 70 million it is a big ask. The share market is always a gamble and it involves a bit of luck ie getting in and out without getting your tail caught in the door. I will sit on this one at the moment.

CJ
05-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Is anyone holding this?
Is anyone trading this?

I just noticed it is 6c away from $3.

I was thinking of getting in once the price settled but thought that would happen in the $1-$2 range!

Thor
05-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Anyone buying now is a fool.. If this isn't a bubble what is.. $80M market cap now, absolutely ridiculous!! We are definitely in the "Euphoria" phase of the market cycle. **** is going to hit the fan....

goldfish
05-11-2013, 11:18 AM
I was going to buy it yesterday, just for a day trade, but I changed my mind,got that wrong would have been a nice profit for the day. And was going to do the same thing this morning but it had already gone up enough on opening so didnt, I would never buy this stock at this price and hold it, I have to agree its a bubble this one, still good for a day trade if signs are looking good. Will be interesting to see if it breaks 300 today, I dont think it will.

Scottman
05-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Crazy stuff. A similar thing happened to SLI.Went up to 2.50 as I recall now back down to under $2.

CJ
05-11-2013, 01:18 PM
all it takes is one big seller trying to sit on the house of cards. wait for it...Big holders must know that. A bit of prisoners dilemma - you need to go first or you lose out.

goldfish
05-11-2013, 01:42 PM
looks like i was wrong 300 now

blobbles
05-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Insanity considering their current sales and the competition out there. Completely ridiculous. What are people thinking? Wait... I don't think people are.

goldfish
05-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Insanity considering their current sales and the competition out there. Completely ridiculous. What are people thinking? Wait... I don't think people are.
Maybe they are just looking to trade it, hope that it gets pushed up another few cents to make a small profit...
If you were investing at this price then yes personally id think you where insane.
But id be interested to hear from anyone buying this for long term and what they base it on. Maybe they see something I dont, i would love to know.

Scottman
05-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Wow someone bought 17347 at $3.00.

CJ
06-11-2013, 10:08 AM
up 25c - decent volue - $250k traded.

Who knows something no one here knows?

Crow
06-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Crazy beyond crazy. :scared:

baller18
06-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Speechless...

Thor
06-11-2013, 10:34 AM
$90M market cap, $27,000 revenue in september. This is the most absurd valuation. I don't know when this tech bubble is going to crash, but people are going to get severely burnt, and they deserve it for being so stupid.

Bobcat.
06-11-2013, 10:42 AM
A classic example of 'value-by-association'. Who remembers RMG back in year 2000? I do, buying at 36cps and selling out just 2 months later for 25cps, losing too much than I care to remember...but a lot less than if I'd hung onto them - they ended up in receivership.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rmg-limited/news/article.cfm?o_id=178&objectid=10123067

On Eric Watson's reputation, which wasn't half bad at the time (he'd just sold gen-i to Telecom at a huge profit) and the fact that the MD of RMG had previously worked for Baycorp (which was then a very successful local debt collection agency that had made many investors happy), RMG hit the NZX with flair (and later the ASX), lots of promise and hype...with many NZ investors taken for a ride...some into debt. I wonder if any who lost more than me ended up a target (and therefore part of the business) of RMG - now that would be ironic...verging on tragic.

Watch out that you are not played for a sucker with GEO, or any other stock, that promises more than it can deliver. Where are the sales? How credible are their sales forecasts? What is their operating model? What startup costs are forecasted? What are they prepared to tell investors about product development? What is their sales & marketing strategy to overcome the competition and increase market share? Do they even know their competition and market? What is their capital plan, etc, etc.

Speculate and trade accordingly - that's fine - but quantify the risk and mitigate carefully. Stop-loss this high riser to avoid significant loss, and be wary when they tickle your ears.

BC

CJ
06-11-2013, 10:52 AM
$90M market cap, $27,000 revenue in september. This is the most absurd valuation. I don't know when this tech bubble is going to crash, but people are going to get severely burnt, and they deserve it for being so stupid.There are some analogies to PEB, the difference being PEB has non copyable IP with a led time over competitors (both due to requiring medical certification). GeoOp is in a competitive market where the only value in its IP is being able to keep updating it quicker than competitors can copy it (same with XRO which has a 2 year + lead on the competitors)

CJ
06-11-2013, 10:53 AM
And with that comment, it jumps 70c.

Crow
06-11-2013, 11:03 AM
lol :scared:

Scottman
06-11-2013, 11:24 AM
I just can't see, within reason, what's driving it.

Thor
06-11-2013, 11:30 AM
I just can't see, within reason, what's driving it.
Simple - Greed and fear of missing the next big one. I bet you most of the people buying think it is the next XRO and that it will go to $30 in a year.

Wolf
06-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Anyone trading this? Too be honest i think it's still going to shoot up abit over the next week or so but this is to risky for me.

Nigel
06-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Caveat emptor

baller18
06-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Simple - Greed and fear of missing the next big one. I bet you most of the people buying think it is the next XRO and that it will go to $30 in a year.
PEB is so much a better bet than GEO basing on simple greed and fear...

Thor
06-11-2013, 11:48 AM
There are some analogies to PEB, the difference being PEB has non copyable IP with a led time over competitors (both due to requiring medical certification). GeoOp is in a competitive market where the only value in its IP is being able to keep updating it quicker than competitors can copy it (same with XRO which has a 2 year + lead on the competitors)
I would never compare PEB with GEO - what an insult. :) Yes GEO is in a competitive market, and unlike XRO they don't have any lead on competitors and their product isn't unique. In fact if you watch the TV3 interview with Leanne Graham, she is asked what gives them the edge over their competitors, her answer was essentially that they had a great company culture, the right people and the belief that they can do it.

Xerof
06-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Seems the louder you guys protest, the higher it goes.

Disc: not for me, so in my view, why comment and look a fool. Plenty of those about

blobbles
06-11-2013, 03:09 PM
I am sorry but if you are in GEO and reading this, get out while you can. There is absolutely no way that this company could support a 90 million market cap with its current revenue and competitors out there. Run fast, run quickly.

robbo24
06-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I am sorry but if you are in GEO and reading this, get out while you can. There is absolutely no way that this company could support a 90 million market cap with its current revenue and competitors out there. Run fast, run quickly.

XRO deja vu...

blobbles
06-11-2013, 08:20 PM
XRO deja vu...

For XRO, my advice was cautionary and still is. The amazing thing with Xero is that they now have $180 million in the bank and can ride out the next 5 years probably even if tech stocks go belly up (again). At the time when Xero was building, they had various competitive edges, bank feeds and being the only real SaaS accounting software on the market.

How much does GEO have in the bank? What are their competitive edges? Are they the only one offering the service they are?

The difference is like chalk and cheese.

Bobcat.
07-11-2013, 09:32 AM
If I could short this stock at $4, I would.

Anybody know which brokers, if any, would allow traders to short this stock?

baller18
07-11-2013, 10:03 AM
$4.11!!! oh my!! Only we were in it!!! the crazier it gets, the higher it goes!

Longhaul
07-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Wow, can't quite believe it. Since I'm not a trader one of my rules is not to buy a stock that I wouldn't want to hold long term - which has ruled out GEO for me - but well done to all those riding this on the way up!

Scottman
07-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Still shaking my head in disbelief. Too risky for me. Been burnt before.

David Hardman
07-11-2013, 10:52 AM
XRO I can get my head around.... GEO I can't!

I just can't see what there market advantage is.

Whoever advised the GEO board on pricing their IPO should hang their head in shame.

Raising 8m @ $1. 5 days later trading above $4.

You'd have to say they left at least $20m on the table. That's money they are going to desperately need.

Mark Weldon's done well. Owns 10% of the company. I'm guessing but I reckon the founders would of gifted him those shares to get him on the board in the first place.

CJ
07-11-2013, 11:33 AM
could one of you accounting experts tell me..

how many staff have xero got... i may have the wrong figures... as the company becomes more sucessful are staff allocated bonus shares? how many ?

what are the staff paid and what wage pressure will come about

someone do a profit and loss if the staff continues to grow in ...

someone do a realistic model please ...Surfer - Your on the wrong thread.

I must say I am surprised they you haven't developed a software program that does all that for you as you seem to think this stuff is easy to do. All the info is on the web somewhere.

Xero currently have 584 and aiming for 1000 : http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/9282595/Xero-to-double-staff-after-capital-raising

Thor
07-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Sound familiar?

Dot-com bubbleFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The period was a marked by the founding (and, in many cases, spectacular failure) of a group of new Internet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet)-based companies commonly referred to asdot-coms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_company). Companies could cause their stock prices to increase by simply adding an "e-" prefix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet-related_prefixes) to their name or a ".com (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.com)" to the end, which one author called "prefix (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefix) investing".[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble#cite_note-3) A combination of rapidly increasing stock prices, market confidence that the companies would turn future profits, individual speculation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speculation) in stocks, and widely available venture capital (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venture_capital) created an environment in which many investors were willing to overlook traditional metrics such as P/E ratio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P/E_ratio) in favor of confidence in technological advancements.

Time for everyone to look at this chart again to remind everyone where we are at:

http://visualfinance.info/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Market-Emotions-Cycle.jpg

JohnnyTheHorse
07-11-2013, 01:54 PM
If I could short this stock at $4, I would.

Anybody know which brokers, if any, would allow traders to short this stock?

I think Forbar can offer shorting on some stocks - I could definitely be wrong though. I doubt that any broker would allow shorting on this stock. I'm with you though, shorting this once it peaks would have great rewards :p.

robbo24
07-11-2013, 02:16 PM
445 to 390 in 3 minutes... Will it bounce in the short term?

JohnnyTheHorse
07-11-2013, 02:18 PM
445 to 390 in 3 minutes... Will it bounce in the short term?

It's possible. It's only following XRO, so watch that to see where GEO will go. If XRO can break back through its open price on good volume then GEO will follow suit. Could also be the beginning of the end, so watch out!

robbo24
07-11-2013, 02:20 PM
I jumped on the "Xero is the Apple of accounting" and go in at 3700 yesterday, got off at 4100 today.. I haven't touched GEO because it seems to be that it really is just speculation and excitement (right now)... Does it really mimic XRO?

Wolf
07-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Wow dropping with Xero it really is mimicing

Copper
07-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Wow dropping with Xero it really is mimicing

If Xero has a lot of overseas insto's buying then they sometimes buy regularly during the day.That would not be the case with Geo:Op.We may see Xero trend higher as orders come to market.Only one possibility tho.

Wolf
07-11-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't know copper Geo just took another tumble with Xero seem's like too much of a coincidence to me.

blackcap
07-11-2013, 05:04 PM
From $4.49 to $3.17 in the space of a few hours on no news. Some kind of record for an NZ listed stock?

clip
07-11-2013, 05:08 PM
xero dropped in price, i wouldn't call that no news :P

jonu
07-11-2013, 05:11 PM
From $4.49 to $3.17 in the space of a few hours on no news. Some kind of record for an NZ listed stock?

Why not drop on no news? It went up on no news.

blackcap
07-11-2013, 05:12 PM
xero dropped in price, i wouldn't call that no news :P

i would call that no news. The share price of Xero has nothing at all to do with GEO. Well it may but it shouldn't. I should have been more specific and said "no company specific news".

clip
07-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Haha yes you are correct. It was a tongue in cheek reply :P

blackcap
07-11-2013, 05:18 PM
Haha yes you are correct. It was a tongue in cheek reply :P

Cheers Clip... missed the ":P" that you posted initially. I do it often myself in posting and fail to see it in others. Something to work on.

CJ
07-11-2013, 05:21 PM
The mirroring of XRO and GEO price movements over the last two days are amazing.

But what is even more amazing is that GEO = 2x XRO
Link (https://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chfdeh=0&chdet=1383797957314&chddm=2034&chls=IntervalBasedLine&cmpto=NZE:XRO&cmptdms=0&q=NZE:GEO&&ei=txR7UojfF8jMlAWORA)

Copper
07-11-2013, 06:55 PM
The mirroring of XRO and GEO price movements over the last two days are amazing.
F
But what is even more amazing is that GEO = 2x XRO
Link (https://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chfdeh=0&chdet=1383797957314&chddm=2034&chls=IntervalBasedLine&cmpto=NZE:XRO&cmptdms=0&q=NZE:GEO&&ei=txR7UojfF8jMlAWORA)

It looks a bit like Humpty Dumpty...(all the Kings horses and all the Kings men couldn't get the share price up again) ......

goldfish
07-11-2013, 09:43 PM
I wonder how the person who paid 449 is feeling if they are still holding.

Wolf
07-11-2013, 10:29 PM
I wonder how the person who paid 449 is feeling if they are still holding.
I'd love too know their reasoning

janner
07-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Value.. Value.. Value..

Just a reminder.. If it is still in vogue..

goldfish
08-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Usually i have empathy when people loose money but with this stock it just doesnt worry me.

blackcap
08-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Usually i have empathy when people loose money but with this stock it just doesnt worry me.

With you there goldfish. Anyone buying yesterday or the day before was buying purely on greed. Ouch down to 2.50 now. So from 4.49 to 2.50 in less than 24 hours. The markets are crazy again.

zymwh
08-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Feel sorry for those newbies. Hope them learn the lesson and don't lose too much for the tuition fee

Bobcat.
08-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. But it is tempting though, don't you feel, to come in now on a deadcat bounce. Buy at $2.50 to sell over $3 Monday?

blackcap
08-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. But it is tempting though, don't you feel, to come in now on a deadcat bounce. Buy at $2.50 to sell over $3 Monday?
Not tempted at all Bobcat... I would not want to sweat all weekend, especially in the scenario that that Dow has a 200pt fall. Been there too often in my youth and it is not a nice feeling. :)

Balance
08-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Good lesson for the newies.

Scottman
08-11-2013, 10:42 AM
had to happen. Just a case of when. I stayed out. Sticking to my principles.

winner69
08-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Good lesson for the newies.

Shares always go up don't they balance

oldmate
11-11-2013, 01:36 AM
What does everyone think will be happening this week with the share price

Nigel
11-11-2013, 08:35 AM
as per last week, track xero. as to xero, most likely up towards that $45.70 forecast. now do the opposite, for I have spoken ;)

I don't understand why one should track the other. Surely they are totally different companies, with different strengths, weaknesses and prospects. Just because they have a couple in similarities in terms of cloud-based model, do we really expect their share price movements to follow each other?

I'm struggling with that assumption, so am happy to be enlightened.

goldfish
12-11-2013, 09:17 PM
I gotta say im really surprised the sp has held up like it has, well done to holders, what am i missing?

Halebop
13-11-2013, 10:20 PM
what am i missing?

Its a bull market.

vorno
14-11-2013, 08:47 AM
This morning's predictions: 3-5% gain within the first 3hours followed by a drop, possibly on-par with the opening price.

Anyone want to make a bet?!

Update: Pre-sale appetite is perhaps a bit too slow to take off this morning?

vorno
14-11-2013, 11:06 AM
lower highs if it closes down today and tomorrow. its all down hill from there...

hmm... down she goes! 4% drop
EDIT: 5.6% now

goldfish
14-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Its a bull market.
Surely it cant be that simple.

vorno
18-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Any further development? I notice they dipped to $2.90 today

vorno
19-11-2013, 12:48 PM
and down down down they go!

EDIT: Lesson learnt. This time I sold at a loss of about 11% - one weeks' salary poof!

whatsup
19-11-2013, 03:44 PM
What does everyone think will be happening this week with the share price

I always thought at $1.5- $1.70 was fair value and I would look at buying at that level !

JohnnyTheHorse
20-11-2013, 10:23 AM
$2.50 smashed, see you all down on the upside ;)

I'm watching to see if it bounces off. I highly doubt that it will though!

whatsup
20-11-2013, 11:14 AM
I always thought at $1.5- $1.70 was fair value and I would look at buying at that level !

$2.24 , needs to go quite a bit lower yet before it hits my target, margin calls shortly !!!

Scottman
20-11-2013, 11:34 AM
That's pretty ugly for those that bought on the high. Hard lesson learnt. The old saying 'If it's to good to be true ...."

Harvey Specter
22-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Moosie - given your previous comments on their CEO, I though you might want to watch a video by her:

https://www.nzx.com/nzx-conference

I haven't watched yet so dont know the content.

whatsup
22-11-2013, 10:50 AM

Sheeeee, this ios getting serious $1.90 and no base in sight!,

Longhaul
22-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Why on earth do people buy on the way down?

Longhaul
22-11-2013, 11:14 AM
algorithmic trading, get an average buy price on the way down then sell when it goes above that. maximises losses and diminishes returns. trying to make a volatile stock less so? I don't know!

Hope those algo's are prepared to wait for a recovery... could be some time

Copper
26-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Hope those algo's are prepared to wait for a recovery... could be some time

Personally I think boredom will set in soon and when that happens we get low turnover but generally drifting all the time .Can't see any announcement getting this thing going for a while.What was the saying.."the honeymoon is over"
Moosie mentioned $1...maybe....Xero went back to 68 cents but this is no Xero....

Copper
29-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Boredom it certainly is....Hope we don't get a seller who wants to get out ....NOW!!!

Schrodinger
02-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Heading for $1.50 and below. Buckle up.

Copper
03-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Heading for $1.50 and below. Buckle up.

With a moment to spare I have been going over page one,two and especially page three of this thread and it is enlightening.It's another "Cloud based company". Well the clouds have an ever lowering ceiling and unless some announcement stops the drift we may see a bit of panic that we saw in SNK,PEB and Xero .It will be worth watching....

Rego55
04-12-2013, 12:08 PM
GeoOp just continuing to get smashed today. I'm putting my money on a continued drop to $1.20 over the next two weeks.

baller18
04-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Man feeling sad for those who bought in at $4! dang!

Schrodinger
04-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Getting in buy range now...

blackcap
04-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Man feeling sad for those who bought in at $4! dang!

Why? They were just being greedy. No other explanation fits why anyone would pay north of $4 for this stock.

Harvey Specter
04-12-2013, 01:05 PM
GeoOp just continuing to get smashed today. I'm putting my money on a continued drop to $1.20 over the next two weeks.ANd the pre-IPO buyers would probably be happy with a 20% return in such a short time.

Harvey Specter
04-12-2013, 01:09 PM
And the pre-IPO buyers would probably be happy with a 20% return in such a short time.Not as happy as those pre-IPO investors which stagged it though.

vorno
04-12-2013, 01:30 PM
I was happy when I bought at $3 and what? 2-3days later I sold at $4.20! :)

...I tried to double dip later on and lost $500, still up though so overall a good experience!

Copper
04-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Entering painful territory now as the only holders in the money are the IPO boys. See how many people panic...

The turnover is so low and the drift is just that annoying one where you are hoping it will turn around.I haven't seen a panic merchant yet so it may not be long.The buyers may give up and help it along.

whatsup
04-12-2013, 03:55 PM

Well here we are at my target S P, where to now, with the Xmas slow down looming I think I will keep my $ers in the bank for now but will revisit when necessary.

oldmate
05-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I am in Australia and would like to know the sell price and volume of all trades of GeoOp for the 5th December. Where can I find this info a website address would be appreciated.

Balance
05-12-2013, 10:49 AM
I was happy when I bought at $3 and what? 2-3days later I sold at $4.20! :)

...I tried to double dip later on and lost $500, still up though so overall a good experience!

A bull market makes an amateur feel like he is a master of the game.

Alas, bull markets never last forever.

Even experts get caught as we well know.

So just be careful out there.

Sharks come out to feast when the small young fishes are congregating.

Bobcat.
05-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Sharks come out to feast when the small young fishes are congregating.

Better to feed on the sharks. Buy into SEA, a company that packages and sells shark oil.

05-12-2013, 11:15 AM
I am in Australia and would like to know the sell price and volume of all trades of GeoOp for the 5th December. Where can I find this info a website address would be appreciated.

Try http://www.stocknessmonster.com

Balance
05-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Better to feed on the sharks. Buy into SEA, a company that packages and sells shark oil.

Haha, good one.

The sharks certainly feasted very well on the fishes who swam right in and bought GeoP at over $3.00.

If you spot fishes with big gapping wounds, probably one with a few GeoP in their guts?

Bobcat.
05-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Technically, GEO's previous support at 180 has now become its resistance.

I may get interested around psychological support at 150 (it came close yesterday)...perhaps Monday?

oldmate
05-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Try http://www.stocknessmonster.com

thanks for site but don't think I can check trades for yesterday.

05-12-2013, 11:49 AM
thanks for site but don't think I can check trades for yesterday.

No you are right but you did say the 5th which is today.

oldmate
05-12-2013, 12:12 PM
No you are right but you did say the 5th which is today.

You are right my mistake. Good site thanks for the info

Copper
06-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Very quiet...a bit of a rearguard action...Maybe " Custer's last stand"

Copper
21-12-2013, 02:58 PM
General Custer has been standing around for over two weeks without a sound or any action so is standing down his men and going on holiday.Merry Xmas all.....

Hope the Company sales people are more active than this......

couta1
06-01-2014, 10:41 AM
I believe GEO could be a good play for the upcoming XRO customer numbers as we have seen a correlation between the success of the bigger leading to gains in the smaller. Overvalued or not, it is volatile and worth buying the dips and selling the peaks with pocket money until an announcement comes out showing customer numbers. Remember, growth is everything in the SaaS sector!
Shows how bizzare the market can be when SLI sits on $1.85 and Geoop over $2 having been over $4 both are growing and I consider SLI the better company this sounds like another Tui add situation

SCOTTY
06-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Shows how bizzare the market can be when SLI sits on $1.85 and Geoop over $2 having been over $4 both are growing and I consider SLI the better company this sounds like another Tui add situation

On market capitalisation the story is different. ie SLI @ $1.75 = $105m. GeoOP @ $2.17 = $59.2m - making SLI more valuable by some $46m

Copper
21-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Right, who spooked the monkeys again today?!?!

Back down under $2 again soon imho. Then restart the cycle all over again. Lower highs being seen though so not too healthy!

At 2.20 we saw 1.50 but in this market of kiwi punters following the quick buck all analysis goes by the board short term. It will be a balance of the wait and see guys versus the throw some cash at em all and hopefully something will stick...IMHO....

mrjeems
23-01-2014, 09:07 AM
GEOOP LIMITED (NZX:GEO)
Operating update for the three months ended 31 December 2013

AUCKLAND, Thursday 23 January 2014

Operating performance update
GeoOp, which recently listed on the NZAX market, is pleased to announce its
paying user numbers for the third quarter of the financial year to 31 March

Paying users as at 31 December: 5,300 (30 Sept: 4,500)

Paying users added in the third quarter: 800
Quarterly growth in paying users: 18%

GeoOp has continued its growth during the third quarter with a net 800 paying
users signing up to the GeoOp platform during the quarter. At the end of
December 2013, paying users totaled 5,300, an 18% increase on the September
2013 number.

GeoOp is well on track to meet its operational goal of 6,000 to 7,000 paying
users by 30 June 2014, as set out in the Disclosure Document released to the
market on 31 October 2013, when GeoOp listed on the NZAX.

Commenting on the operating result, GeoOp Chief Executive Leanne Graham said
"This has been an exciting time for GeoOp. Following the completion of the
$10 million capital raising and listing in October 2013, GeoOp is now poised
to continue its growth both domestically and internationally. GeoOp is now
rolling out new product features that ensure we continue to have a market
leading job management and costing offering for the services and trades
sectors."

Product development
The third quarter has seen a focus on the development of significant new
product features that are planned to be rolled out in the next three months
for the web console and the native iPhone, iPad and Android applications. In
addition, considerable work has gone into advancing the capability of GeoOp's
application programming interface ("API"). This assists to deliver a
world-class development platform enabling GeoOp's eco-system to expand
through add-on product integrations.

Human resources
During the third quarter GeoOp continued to grow with highly focused hires in
the development, sales, marketing and service functions. Staff numbers
increased illustrating GeoOp's commitment to continually invest in product
development and build a sales and marketing platform that facilitates its
international growth aspirations. GeoOp has recently commenced a search for
a global head of Product, to drive innovation and customer experience.

For more information please contact:
Stewart Reynolds
Email: stewart.r@geoop.com

mrjeems
23-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Whats peoples thoughts on "we're on track" type announcements? I assume being on track boosts shareholders confidence, which should push the price up as people buy + hold right?
Though for tech stocks people are starting to expect "wildly successful" announcements, so just "we're doing ok" might not give them the hype traders all love to chase...