PDA

View Full Version : Auckland meeting 4 Nov 2013

forest
14-10-2013, 08:52 PM
On Monday the 4th of Nov we have in town Percy from Christchurch and Lizard from Wellington. I will be having a couple of drinks with them and I believe Janner is also likely to join us.
I like to invite all of the share trader community to come along for some informal chatter and a drink or two. I have been to a few share traders meetings over the years and found them an enjoyable way of gaining some investment knowledge.
Lizard is particular good at FA so a good person to ask questions in that field. (also twice winner of the stock picker contest). Percy as we all know is the HNZ advocate. Percy will be at the AGM of HNZ the previous Friday, so he will be able to tell you how well positioned you are if you have HNZ in your portfolio or how well positioned you could have been if you haven't.

I like to suggest we meet at 5pm in Mt Eden at the Horse and Trap, 3 Enfield Street.

For the propose of booking a table, its good to know likely numbers. So if you think you are likely to join us please let me know.

Forest.

see weed
14-10-2013, 10:47 PM
On Monday the 4th of Nov we have in town Percy from Christchurch and Lizard from Wellington. I will be having a couple of drinks with them and I believe Janner is also likely to join us.
I like to invite all of the share trader community to come along for some informal chatter and a drink or two. I have been to a few share traders meetings over the years and found them an enjoyable way of gaining some investment knowledge.
Lizard is particular good at FA so a good person to ask questions in that field. (also twice winner of the stock picker contest). Percy as we all know is the HNZ advocate. Percy will be at the AGM of HNZ the previous Friday, so he will be able to tell you how well positioned you are if you have HNZ in your portfolio or how well positioned you could have been if you haven't.

I like to suggest we meet at 5pm in Mt Eden at the Horse and Trap, 3 Enfield Street.

For the propose of booking a table, its good to know likely numbers. So if you think you are likely to join us please let me know.

Forest.

Yeahhh, no more beersies for me...... Good idea, shared knowledge has a lot of power. Count me in, I'll see you there.

Beagle
15-10-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm hoping to come along, subject to getting away from work early. Sounds like a great idea.
We could also discuss if Ryman has stalled and / or got to expensive, that's bound to be a good point to discuss:) and if anyone wants more info on Geneva that I can't put into print for legal reasons in that thread, I'd be happy to vent some more steam...

forest
16-10-2013, 08:09 PM
See weed will be good to meet you.

Roger we are likely to be there for a couple of hours so you can come a bit later. I would expect there will be a few opinions about RYM.

Forest

janner
16-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Might be the fly in the ointment.. Will be there ..

Thanks Forest for taking a giant step for the Auckland scene.. ..

Jeez .. Hope that Lizard an I have improved over percy in the comp on the previous Friday..

He will be thrown out by management for Crowing to loud if not.. :-))

percy
17-10-2013, 08:41 AM
No crowing,just a gentle glow! The look of confidence!!!lol.

Blendy
18-10-2013, 06:43 PM
I intend to be there too! Thanks for organising it forest :)

blackcap
18-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi Forest,

I will now be coming as well, flights are booked, and hope to discuss shares and investing with you all there. I presume (looking at google maps) that its about a 20 minute walk from the middle of Queen Street?

forest
23-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Will be good to see you Blendy and Blackcap, its looking we getting a nice group together on the 4th of November.

Forest

see weed
31-10-2013, 11:43 AM
How do we know how to recognise each other? I am going to wear a funny hat with See Weed on the front.

forest
31-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Greater fool I like the idea of having a drink with you.

How do we know how to recognise each other? I am going to wear a funny hat with See Weed on the front.

Good idea seeweed, then the visible impaired under us can recognise you by smell :)

I will bring a bright green duplo palm tree and put it on the table in front of us.

see weed
31-10-2013, 10:34 PM

Good idea seeweed, then the visible impaired under us can recognise you by smell :)

I will bring a bright green duplo palm tree and put it on the table in front of us.

lol, thinking of changing from see weed to sea weed. I'd rather be surfing than weeding.

Lizard
01-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Looking forward to catching up. :)

JPW
01-11-2013, 11:06 AM
I have arrangements that night but would love to drop by if I can get out of them - especially considering I live around the corner.

KiwiGreen
02-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Hi guys, would it be OK if I joined in?

Still 5pm at horse and trap, Monday?

percy
02-11-2013, 08:05 PM

Would you please bring along the rest of your Duplo Lego set for Janner to play with.

janner
02-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Would you please bring along the rest of your Duplo Lego set for Janner to play with.

Leggo !!!.. Piece of cake.. Try devanning Coconuts.. :-)

janner
02-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Hi guys, would it be OK if I joined in?

Still 5pm at horse and trap, Monday?

Of course KiwiGreen.. The more the merrier !! and the more informed we all become :-))

forest
03-11-2013, 08:40 AM

No Percy, I know it would be more fun for Janner to play with the full Duplo set but he has to learn to play with the palm tree first.

Yes KiwiGreen, 5 o'clock this Monday at the Horse and Trap in Mt Eden. Will be good to see you.

zigzag
03-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Any room for a late entry? Been busy at work lately, but am working today, so should be able to get off early tomorrow. ZigZag.

forest
03-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Any room for a late entry? Been busy at work lately, but am working today, so should be able to get off early tomorrow. ZigZag.

Plenty of room for you and others, see you tomorrow Zigzag

percy
03-11-2013, 12:00 PM
.. Try devanning Coconuts.. :-)

Is this something you are allowed to do in public,or only in the privacy of your own home?

percy
03-11-2013, 12:01 PM
.. Try devanning Coconuts.. :-)

Is this something you are allowed to do in public,or only in the privacy of your own home?

Blendy
04-11-2013, 10:20 AM
oh dear... logistical fail means I can't make it tonight :( :(

have fun, and I hope to make the next one!

Beagle
04-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Looking forward to meeting you good folks.

Here's an idea for those of us that havn't met each other to break the ice.

Lets each bring to the group our one top pick for 2014. I've got mine sorted and am filling up the truck last week and today.

P.S. Is pre-loading allowed before you come to the pub...only kidding, I'm not that much of an alky :)

mieese
04-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Ok for a newbie to join you?

forest
04-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Ok for a newbie to join you?

Yes its for anybody interested in share investing / trading. Experienced or otherwise. A mate of mine will come along who is also a newbie.

And yes Roger good idea to prepare some top picks, often people are keen to talk about their top picks and see if others are just as positive on their favourite share.

forest
04-11-2013, 02:23 PM
See you all at the Horse and Trap, 3 Enfield Street Mt Eden Table with the Duplo tree.

Lizard
04-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi Forest, Thanks for organising this! A good turnout and great to meet some new faces :)

janner
04-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Hi Forest, Thanks for organising this! A good turnout and great to meet some new faces :)

Good of you Lizard to be there.. You are much softer than you come across on this forum :-))

Oh !!.. Was that supposed to be a secret ??

Agree.. Good to put faces to names..

percy
05-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Thank you Forest.
A good turn out.
A bit like Heartland;"nice people doing good things!"
A friendly crew,and great to put faces to names.

forest
05-11-2013, 10:34 AM
I enjoyed meeting you all last night, it was good to see a few new faces and meeting up with the ones I know.

Keep in touch, Forest

Lizard
05-11-2013, 11:10 AM
And good to see "Yottie" is now on board... so to speak :D

Beagle
05-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Great turn out, friendly crowd and lots of good idea's to chew over.
The way I was pushing Summerset you'd think i knew something about the Hobsonville approval announced this morning :D Thanks for organising this Forest :)

see weed
06-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks Forest, Had to leave early. Hopefully catch up at next meeting.

blackcap
06-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Thanks forest, really enjoyed it and it was good meeting a bunch of different people.

STRAT
05-12-2013, 05:34 PM
Bugger!..........................