PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - possibly a silly question

clip
15-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Hey, these are probably stupid questions, but none the less
I have a share trading account with ASB securities which for me is fine, I mostly just use it to get company info, pe, EPS, mcap, watch share price/volumes etc.
When I bought MRP shares I did not have this share-trading account, so they went in through computershare. How can I transfer these to ASB Securities so i can trade them/keep them in one place etc?

In addition, have tentatively applied for some meridian shares but naively missed/skipped the step where you can put in your broker details etc - so ideally I would like to have these in/under ASB also. I tried calling ASB for info about this who said to call the meridian/offer help line - who I called and said to talk to ASB. Who would I be more likely to have some success with regarding this when I follow up/call again?

gv1
16-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Hi clip, I think with mrp, just go as it is. when selling than you can sell through ASB as far as you have your CSN, NZX given common Fin number and the quantity you have/ want sold. If in doubt ring ASB securites on 0800 272 732 .

Jay
16-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Yes gv1 is right as far as I know.
As long as you have your CSN and FIN, the broker "system" checks with the registry to see if you have any and how many before adding the order to the market.

CJ
16-10-2013, 08:34 AM
Give ASB a call. The important thing is to get all your shares on the same CSN - otherwise it will be difficult. If they have this info, then you can buy and sell quickly.

Unless you use ASB nominee account, your shares aren't actually 'with them'.

clip
16-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Ah yep have seen can add a sell order for shares not directly bought on ASB/in my portfolio, it has my CSN already just need to put in the FIN :) cheers guys, very helpful

gv1
16-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Give ASB a call. The important thing is to get all your shares on the same CSN - otherwise it will be difficult. If they have this info, then you can buy and sell quickly.

Unless you use ASB nominee account, your shares aren't actually 'with them'.

Hi CJ,
Not quite, I have bought with ASB an sold with another. No problem with it as far as your CSN is same and FIN.

CJ
16-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi CJ,
Not quite, I have bought with ASB an sold with another. No problem with it as far as your CSN is same and FIN.Agree - I guess my point was that if they have this info in their systems and you have signed all the forms, a buy/sell is quick and easy. If they dont have all the info they require, you may have to jump through hoops.