PDA

View Full Version : Meridian Energy Instalment Receipts

tui
28-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Whats this going to open @. 1.15??

blackcap
28-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Watch out if you are looking to stag it all your allotment is linked ot your IRD number you had to supply when applying and the taxman will be checking. be prepared to declare your quick profit and pay tax on your trade or face the consequences.

Don't scare the staggers away Snapiti ;) That said will be selling half or more of my allocation. Happy it was only scaled back by 10% due to broker firm allocation. Im picking 1.11 on open and to firm to 1.16 later in the day. (That is if nothing tragic happens on Wall Street overnight)

Master98
28-10-2013, 04:31 PM
will touch $1.2 during the day I guess.

Snow Leopard
28-10-2013, 04:34 PM
I am hoping for $0.95 :D

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Stranger_Danger
28-10-2013, 04:44 PM
I was just about to start this thread.

My pick is $1.12. I got 90% of a large allocation (this will be my largest holding at issue price) and, whilst I don't intend to die holding it, I see this as a well structured, fairly priced float, in a good sharemarket, still looking for yield, that is likely to do fairly well.

If it closes at $1.25+, however, my fears (mainly centred on the speculative stocks) will grow larger.

If it closes below $1.00, it won't bother me at all, and given the installment receipts are 50 cents for all, would consider buying more sub 90 cents.

I don't intend to sell for a fair while - this is a yield play first, but given the structure of the float, I suspect capital gains will be a nice bonus. Best of all, one was able to deploy decent sums rather than "give all the mums and dads 5 grand each" crap.

gv1
28-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Yes Snapiti thats true. Its best people return tax on income earned especially if they are traders. IRD has so much powers, its unbelieveable and with technology its getting way faster and easier for them to trace and track. They can go back 10yrs and go through everything like a sieve. If you don't then you are playing with fire.

The Grinch
28-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Mmm I had the issue of the site not seeming to accept my CSN when applying for shares. No worries now have a new cooler CSN but it doesn't seemed to have given me a FIN #, how do I get one of these and theoretically speaking if my dreams tonight inform me the mayans were a few months out and the end of world is nigh so spend any hard earned money - could I trade my shares without it?

blackcap
28-10-2013, 09:51 PM
not trying to scare the staggers blackcap just trying to share a bit of info.
My information is that they will be checking the share registry for names coming off it with in the first 5 days trading.

I know snapiti... I did post with a "tounge out smiley" to indicate that I was being a bit tounge in cheek. In another life I have operated as an accountant so know my tax obligations. My holding company is a trading company anyway so any profit I may make on the stag a 28% portion will be going into the coffers of her Majesty. (After a few expenses off course). And I really do not have a problem with the IRD targeting staggers. Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasars I say.