PDA

View Full Version : Good Dividend Stocks

Cricketfan
09-11-2013, 02:29 PM
I came across a "Good Dividend and Growth Stocks" thread in the ASX forum and tried to find an equivalent NZX one but couldn't, so I thought I'd start one.

I've been following the threads on tech stocks such as DIL, XRO, and PEB but I was wondering what people would recommend for good income stocks? As well as the aforementioned growth stocks, I currently have shares in FPH, ANZ, and NPX to balance out my portfolio but was considering whether to continue to top these up or add one or two others.

percy
09-11-2013, 02:50 PM
I like to add to stocks I already own,and think you may like to do the same.
You could consider adding AWF to your portfolio as they are paying a 6.16% dividend yield and have good growth prospects.

forest
09-11-2013, 02:55 PM
I like to add to stocks I already own,and think you may like to do the same.
You could consider adding AWF to your portfolio as they are paying a 6.16% dividend yield and have good growth prospects.

Percy,what about HNZ NPAT 2012 $24.4mil Fc 2013, 34mil plus. Dividend 4.5c plus imp and likely to go up, thats about 4% net on present SP.

percy
09-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Percy,what about HNZ NPAT 2012 $24.4mil Fc 2013, 34mil plus. Dividend 4.5c plus imp and likely to go up, thats about 4% net on present SP.
Offcourse you are right Forest,he should really sell everything and put it into HNZ.!!!!!! lol.
I did note that Cricketfan was already holding a bank with ANZ,so with his FPH and NPX I thought he should not buy another bank,but buy a share in another sector,therefore I thought AWF would fit the bill.

noodles
09-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Cmo on gross yield of 8.4%

Has shown growth as well.

Also, got to mention hnz as well...9.8%.

BIRMANBOY
09-11-2013, 03:49 PM
If you want a breakdown of NZ stocks you could have a look at our website below. Note that dividend yield % are exclusive of imputation credits.
I came across a "Good Dividend and Growth Stocks" thread in the ASX forum and tried to find an equivalent NZX one but couldn't, so I thought I'd start one.

I've been following the threads on tech stocks such as DIL, XRO, and PEB but I was wondering what people would recommend for good income stocks? As well as the aforementioned growth stocks, I currently have shares in FPH, ANZ, and NPX to balance out my portfolio but was considering whether to continue to top these up or add one or two others.

craic
09-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Go on the direct broking site and and tyou can go through the whole nzx in less than an hour and read the return for every stock. eg., click on Tel or some other code and then go to the "quote'" box then click on General. that will show the div.rate among other things and then just put the next code in the flashing box and it will take you straight to the "general" for that share. I use this to bring up the graph for nz shares in rapid fashion. If I see a rising graph, I push the print button and movec on. Please excuse the extra letters -steady hand went out hours ago

nextbigthing
10-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Chorus (CNU) pays a great dividend, oh, no, wait, hang on.... Dammit.

forest
10-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Go on the direct broking site and and tyou can go through the whole nzx in less than an hour and read the return for every stock. eg., click on Tel or some other code and then go to the "quote'" box then click on General. that will show the div.rate among other things and then just put the next code in the flashing box and it will take you straight to the "general" for that share. I use this to bring up the graph for nz shares in rapid fashion. If I see a rising graph, I push the print button and movec on. Please excuse the extra letters -steady hand went out hours ago

Craic I searched as you suggested but was not able to find a "general" for any share. Do you mean the info in "detail" ???

iceman
10-11-2013, 09:05 AM
I find Birmanboy's website great to investigate dividends of NZX listed companies in detail. http://www.dividendyield.co.nz/index.php

Have a look. I think you will find it helpful.

Danzx
10-11-2013, 10:20 AM
This link leads to the top dividend yield shares. (Caution Chorus!! no.1.........currently)

http://www.topyields.nl/Top-dividend-yields-of-NZX50.php

craic
10-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes you are right Detail contains everything you could want to know. Main point is you don't have to repeat the process, just put another code in the box and it takes you to detail on that share.
Craic I searched as you suggested but was not able to find a "general" for any share. Do you mean the info in "detail" ???