PDA

View Full Version : Introduction - Young Newish Trader

vorno
09-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Hello everyone,

I consider myself a young new trader, bringing with me a low amount of experience!
This forum has provided me with useful insights in the past and I have decided that I would like to participate in this community and make some new friends.

General greetings all round :)

lou
10-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Welcome Vorno,

How long have you been trading? Have you had any success? What is your story so far?

vorno
10-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Thanks Lou!

A year or so ago I gave trading a go shortly after Trademe's IPO, after-which I bought some. My thinking wasn't clear back then so I sold them, making no gain/loss. Then had some Ryman shares and sold them for a short-term small gain. Having a little bit of knowledge behind me now I realize I could have done a hell of a lot better!

I got some Meridian shares in their IPO, thinking long term.
Most recently however I've been hawking over the Xero & GeoOP shares, of which I bought some in both. I got lucky and managed to sell both of them for a combined 40% profit :D
It was really huge for me, particularly when you don't have a lot to invest with :)

Having to watch the prices so intensely however got in the way of my work, so I'm now looking into a more stable stock. Currently Heartland (HNZ) has caught my attention and I am also looking for 1 or 2 others.

iceman
10-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Welcome vorno. There are many very smart posters on this site that have many years and even decades of investing. The sharing of often very divergent views is what is greatest about this site. Read and study all the comments and take them into account, but in the end always DYOR before investing.
I think the fact you are considering HNZ, shows you're on the right track :t_up: Percy, Sharetrader's highest authority on HNZ, would say you're "well positioned" if you become a holder.
Again welcome and enjoy the ride :)

vorno
10-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Cheers for the warm welcome! :)

From what I've read as well I think Heartland could have quite a promising future ahead!

vorno
10-11-2013, 02:28 PM
haha... I shall keep that in mind :P

percy
10-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Cheers for the warm welcome! :)

From what I've read as well I think Heartland could have quite a promising future ahead!

Vorno,
A big welcome to a new "intelligent investor."
You and Heartland will enjoy a bright and prosperous future together.
2014 will be a joyous year for us.We are indeed "well positioned."