PDA

View Full Version : RWH- Royal Wolf Holdings

born2invest
22-11-2013, 11:40 AM
www.royalwolf.com.au (http://www.royalwolf.com.au/)

Went to Christchurch last weekend and these are all over the place. I see them popping up more in construction and supply chains/warehouses in Auckland also.

A little erratic with their financial results but overall I see a bright future.

Anyone own this company?

mark100
22-11-2013, 12:42 PM
I got them in the IPO. No longer hold simply because they got too expensive

Mista_Trix
22-11-2013, 01:44 PM
I looked into them a few months ago, the thing that worries me is them trying to push the 'housing solution' idea, taking them away from the core container model. But then in that space there's Maersk as well to compete with, so its a pretty tight international market already.
You've got to think it's the type of company that will pick up once the world sorts itself out again...

They're all over the place in Wellington as well.

born2invest
22-11-2013, 02:17 PM
I looked into them a few months ago, the thing that worries me is them trying to push the 'housing solution' idea, taking them away from the core container model. But then in that space there's Maersk as well to compete with, so its a pretty tight international market already.
You've got to think it's the type of company that will pick up once the world sorts itself out again...

They're all over the place in Wellington as well.

The likes of Maersk are different from Royal Wolf.

Maersk is a global shipping line. The exporter/importer books the container, fills it up with product and gets it back to the specified port by the specified date to ship overseas. They pay a fee to book the space on the ship and in the container. They have so many days "free detention" and then the rates per day get very high. $3000 per week detention is not uncommon.

Royal Wolf sell containers or lease containers. You can buy a brand new container off them (you can't do this with Maersk). You also lease the container off Royal Wolf, the going rate is around $3-5 per day from the people I've talked to.

So yes, they use the same basic 20ft/40ft container but the business models are completely different. Royal Wolf and Maersk aren't really in competition with each other.

Mista_Trix
12-12-2013, 10:34 AM
The likes of Maersk are different from Royal Wolf.

Maersk is a global shipping line. The exporter/importer books the container, fills it up with product and gets it back to the specified port by the specified date to ship overseas. They pay a fee to book the space on the ship and in the container. They have so many days "free detention" and then the rates per day get very high. $3000 per week detention is not uncommon.

Royal Wolf sell containers or lease containers. You can buy a brand new container off them (you can't do this with Maersk). You also lease the container off Royal Wolf, the going rate is around $3-5 per day from the people I've talked to.

So yes, they use the same basic 20ft/40ft container but the business models are completely different. Royal Wolf and Maersk aren't really in competition with each other.

Did you end up getting in??
I wonder if the lift in SP will be sustained, or if its still trending downward.

Hardly any sellers, its not as oversold as it was.
I'm not in but still considering at some point, I'd like to get more $ out of NZ and into AU.

born2invest
12-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Did you end up getting in??

No, very overvalued in my opinion.

I wonder if the lift in SP will be sustained, or if its still trending downward.

I don't spend any time wondering about these things. For me it is just a squiggly line on a screen.

Hardly any sellers, its not as oversold as it was.

Once again, I don't spend any time analyisng something like this.

I'm not in but still considering at some point, I'd like to get more $ out of NZ and into AU

What point? Do you have a dollar figure in mind?
If you want to move NZD into AUD, just make the transfer and hold cash, you don't need to purchase stocks to hold investments in AUD.

Mista_Trix
13-12-2013, 04:32 PM
What point? Do you have a dollar figure in mind?
If you want to move NZD into AUD, just make the transfer and hold cash, you don't need to purchase stocks to hold investments in AUD.

Because I believe the NZX and ASX markets are out of step with each other and there's likely some better opportunities on the ASX if you do your research - also the currency play. I dont hold much cash in NZ so why would I do that in Aus, better opportunities in the markets for the near to medium term in Aus IMHO.

born2invest
17-12-2013, 11:23 AM
better opportunities in the markets for the near to medium term in Aus IMHO.

Such as what opportunities?

Mista_Trix
17-12-2013, 03:10 PM
...I don't spend any time wondering about these things. For me it is just a squiggly line on a screen.

So how do you time your buys? Or do you just use FA and go in whenever??

born2invest
17-12-2013, 03:23 PM
So how do you time your buys? Or do you just use FA and go in whenever??

I use a dividend discount model and buy if it goes below my target price.