PDA

View Full Version : VED- Veda Group

born2invest
06-12-2013, 11:31 AM
This listed on the ASX on Thursday 5th December 2013.

http://www.veda.com.au/about-us

Veda is all about ‘applied intelligence’, based on our breadth of data across 19.7 million credit active people and 5.47 million businesses, and counting.
As Asia-Pacific’s leading data intelligence and insights company we act as the conduit between the data that we accumulate, and the insights that this data provides for our customers. The result of this process is empowerment. Our goal is to empower every one of our customers to make proactive, responsible and informed decisions, based on the insights we can provide.
With the largest, most comprehensive and current data source in Australia and New Zealand, we are well-placed to help you achieve this goal.
Veda has international footprint in Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia and Saudi Arabia.

born2invest
06-12-2013, 11:36 AM
I notice on their website it says in 2001:

"Data Advantage merges with Baycorp Holdings to form Baycorp Advantage with dual listings on the ASX and NZX"

Then in 2007:

"Veda becomes a fully privatised company owned by Pacific Equity Partners and Merrill Lynch Private Equity Partners"

Can anyone share information on why they were taken off the stock exchange? Was it just a buy out of the shares? Or were there severe business problems with Veda?

mark100
06-12-2013, 12:15 PM
They were taken over by private equity in 2007. I picked up a stake in the IPO. While I sold 1/5 on open yesterday I intend to hold the rest for a bit longer. I expect this to be a sought after business by fundies

mark100
06-12-2013, 12:55 PM
From the great salesman himself

http://rogermontgomery.com/alert-which-floats-will-sink-or-swim/

mark100
27-02-2014, 12:39 AM
I've been gradually letting go of MY VED IPO stock in the $1.90s given it was an uncomfortably large position however I'm still holding the last 25% and think I might hold them for a while longer. While the FY14 PE is in nose bleed territory for me (over 26x) the amount of data this company holds is huge (and valuable).

From the results presentation:
Veda proprietary/exclusive data sources
• Credit information on 20 million individuals
• 70 million updates on individuals per annum
• 46 years of historical data and 5 years of enquiry data
• Credit information on over 5.7 million commercial
organisations
• Inivio consumer insights library
• 2.7 million records in tenancy database
• Insurance claims database
• 5 years worth of defaults from hundreds of businesses

With the introduction of Comprehensive reporting along with increasing credit growth, VED's piles of data are going to be very sought after. A license to print money I'd say.

kyanar
18-09-2015, 03:53 PM
For those who weren't aware, a non-binding EOI has been received today for a takeover by Equifax (NYSE EFX) at AUD $2.70 per share. Considering the share price is $2.58 and the target valuation is $2.60 (and the share price today alone has jumped by $0.585), there might be some potential there for anyone holding.