PDA

View Full Version : blast from the past ...

BlackPeter
09-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi folks,

just thought I should say "Hi". Not really a new member, but no postings since 2008 (must count as nearly new)?

(Re-)introducing myself: I am neither "Black" nor "Peter" ... The name came 10 plus years into my mind when I had to quickly make up a username for trademe (just to check a listing I afterwards didn't buy), but the name stayed with me since that time.

Take it as literal translation of the name of a German card game, though I think that at that stage was as well the tragic story with Sir Peter Blake in the press - one of these things / events must have been responsible for shaping the name!

My investment history: Started boring (CEN), I made some mistakes on the way (better don't check out my old posts ;)): GEN, DPC, PRC, (and more recently RAK) and managed to sell SKL (5 years ago?) at its absolute minimum (I think 47cts), but overall I seemed to have learned from my mistakes and had more recently some good returns from the likes of FPA, RYM, STU, FBU, EBO, DGL).

I see myself as long term investor, looking for value and seeking long term income from my investments (i.e. no short term speculation) ... and have done the last couple of years better than my (so called growth-) superfund. Just (semi-?) retired and now looking as well after the nest egg my investment manager left ... and looking forward to a good discussion with you guys & gals!

So long,

BlackPeter

BIRMANBOY
09-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Welcome back...if you are taking over from an investment manager and semi-retired probably a good idea to re-evaluate what your time frame is and when you will need to draw down on your investments. If you are looking for "long term income from my investments (i.e. no short term speculation)", then I would assume you will be wanting steady dividend producers rather than growth stocks. If that is the case we have a free website you can check out dividend related info with the NZX. DYOR obviously. Good investing.
Hi folks,

just thought I should say "Hi". Not really a new member, but no postings since 2008 (must count as nearly new)?

(Re-)introducing myself: I am neither "Black" nor "Peter" ... The name came 10 plus years into my mind when I had to quickly make up a username for trademe (just to check a listing I afterwards didn't buy), but the name stayed with me since that time.

Take it as literal translation of the name of a German card game, though I think that at that stage was as well the tragic story with Sir Peter Blake in the press - one of these things / events must have been responsible for shaping the name!

My investment history: Started boring (CEN), I made some mistakes on the way (better don't check out my old posts ;)): GEN, DPC, PRC, (and more recently RAK) and managed to sell SKL (5 years ago?) at its absolute minimum (I think 47cts), but overall I seemed to have learned from my mistakes and had more recently some good returns from the likes of FPA, RYM, STU, FBU, EBO, DGL).

I see myself as long term investor, looking for value and seeking long term income from my investments (i.e. no short term speculation) ... and have done the last couple of years better than my (so called growth-) superfund. Just (semi-?) retired and now looking as well after the nest egg my investment manager left ... and looking forward to a good discussion with you guys & gals!

So long,

BlackPeter

BlackPeter
10-12-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi BirmanBoy,

Thank you for the welcome and the link. Looks interesting, though I still need to work out how to register (most of the links on the site come back with a request to login, however haven't yet found the button to register ...).
Contacted their helpdesk.
Thanks & regards,

BlackPeter

Welcome back...if you are taking over from an investment manager and semi-retired probably a good idea to re-evaluate what your time frame is and when you will need to draw down on your investments. If you are looking for "long term income from my investments (i.e. no short term speculation)", then I would assume you will be wanting steady dividend producers rather than growth stocks. If that is the case we have a free website you can check out dividend related info with the NZX. DYOR obviously. Good investing.

BIRMANBOY
10-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi, as per email, not sure if you are at right website. We do not require registration. The link to OUR website is
www.dividendyield.co.nz (http://www.dividendyield.co.nz) email me if you have discovered some problem please. Thanks

BIRMANBOY
10-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Ok can see some links that have gone AWOL...thanks..will try and sort out.

percy
10-12-2013, 04:07 PM
BlackPeter,
Welcome back.
RYM,STU,FBU,EBO,DGL,all stocks that you hold are excellent stocks.
FPA.I take it you meant FPH?If so,that is a great stock too.

BlackPeter
12-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi Percy, just was referring to the gain I made with FPA when I had to sell it to Hayer ;)