PDA

View Full Version : When'd doing your 'homework' how long does it take ?

toast2success
15-12-2013, 07:53 AM
I was wondering how long people spend when looking at at a potential share to invest in.
Is your analysis and digging around something that takes 6 or 7 hours after work one night? or is it something that needs to be spread over days and may be closer to 40-60 hrs spread over the week ?

I realize there is no right or wrong answer , but more out of curiosity and trying to get a gauge on who to allocate my time when I get to the stage I'm ready to start checking some stuff out (2015 it will be all going well, going to try and read up and get a grip on stock analysis prior to that)

Halebop
15-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Am both a trader and investor. On a pure technical trade (Mostly Momentum trading) might spend 5 or 10 minutes. Because my investment portfolio tends to be concentrated (Never more than 10, sometimes just 1 or 2 companies), I might spend 10-20 hours before coming to a decision. In truth the mechanics only take an hour or two - the rest of the time is my internal process and would be less to do with science and more to do with emotion and instinct.