PDA

View Full Version : VMT - electric scooters

KW
02-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Had my eye on VMT for a while, finally picked up some on the back of their most recent trading update. The company has finally turned the corner to become profitable, market acceptance of the scooters in China is building, and they have just entered the Indonesian market. Considering the scale of their potential business, this one could be a nice future earner (I'd say ten bagger but then it might look like I'm ramping it LOL). Its also beginning to get noticed in the media http://www.theage.com.au/business/vmoto-scooters-in-fast-lane-as-sales-expand-in-china-20131231-304j1.html

Market cap is currently $38m with maiden profit of $300-$600k expected for FY13. Nov trading saw $200k profit, which if this can be maintained or bettered, profits approaching $2m for FY14 looks possible.

cloggs
07-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Got in today. A huge market I reckon between China and Indonesia. Then there are all the other SE Asian countries where motor cycles are the primary mode of transport.

baller18
07-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Bit like tesla?

Bigane
09-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm in this one. Very exciting market and owns factory right through to the retail stores. I really like the monthly updates and how they keep delivering on their targets.

baller18
23-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Big rise toady, next week is the update. Wonder where the SP will be heading then :)

stoploss
30-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Big rise toady, next week is the update. Wonder where the SP will be heading then :)

They don't like the update, but I expect this to run into support between 4.2 and 3.9 cents ... Have traded this from 2 cents and sold on the up, adding to the position here .....still think they will be selling heaps of scooters in China ....

stoploss
30-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Its become a bit of a HC plaything too hence the increase in volume and price over the last month. Its not a wild and exciting biotech so I think they will soon get bored with it. Expect it to come back to its 50 day MA and hug it for a while. Big ramp up in OEM scooters from 42k to 64k this year, and even though margins are lower on the OEM, it will still see more cash generated to fund their store expansion. The wild card is the utility vehicles they are trialing with the Chinese council - this could turn out to be nothing or a nice little earner selling street cleaners to councils. (The Chinese are very big on keeping their streets clean, something I noticed when I was over there, lots of people sweeping).

Thanks KW, I stay away from that site ... I did wonder 50 mio plus shares on the day , knocked some out @ 4.6 late in the day to improve the average ....

stoploss
31-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Looks like electric vehicles are gaining traction.This is obviously the lower end compared to TSLA, but shows China commited
to reducing air pollution ,also good for the scooters ......

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/9670349/Vending-machine-rents-electric-cars-hourly

DISC: Hold

stoploss
31-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Looks like electric vehicles are gaining traction.This is obviously the lower end compared to TSLA, but shows China commited
to reducing air pollution ,also good for the scooters ......

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/9670349/Vending-machine-rents-electric-cars-hourly

DISC: Hold

stoploss
28-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Not sure if this is a VMT product, but hopefully they are ...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/9879558/Kip-and-Polly-hit-the-road-and-footpath

Bigane
31-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Unfortunately these are not VMT. One is from a Swiss competitor. Not sure about the other. VMT is focusing most of its attention on getting penetration into China at the moment.

Bigane
28-04-2014, 02:02 AM
Decent announcement recently - distribution agreement signed to sell 1,200 units in Vietnem by 31 August 2015, Also samples sent to a distributer in Taiwan and a new foldable scooter released.
Chart looking great - quarterly expected this coming week. Will be interesting to see if the opening of new stores has offset downturn aused by Chinese new year and winter.

Bigane
30-04-2014, 07:17 AM
Cash flow positive and profitable for the quarter. One additional retail store opened this month. Very happy holder

stoploss
22-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Its gone into a trading halt pending the appointment of an additional director - wouldnt have thought that this would be market sensitive? Who are they appointing, the Chinese Premier? :D
Hi KW , yes I thought that most unusual . The only thing I could think of new director coming on board and taking a significant stake in the company . Anyway we shall find out tomorrow .

mbrook
29-05-2014, 12:13 PM
I am really excite about the growth prospects of this company. 16 stores in China, opening to Indonesia and Thailand. Asia survives on scooter power due to congestion. they are also popular in Europe and the UK.

Joshuatree
29-05-2014, 01:00 PM
I have read there is an est 200 million Ebikes (bicycles and scooters) in China atp; thats a lot of comp for little VMT; can they get their economies of scale up to compete?

Joshuatree
29-05-2014, 01:00 PM
I have read there is an est 200 million Ebikes (bicycles and scooters) in China atp; thats a lot of comp for little VMT; can they get their economies of scale up to compete?

silu
29-01-2015, 11:20 AM
This popped up on my watchlist due to its increasing revenue, cashflow and margins. Seems to be a nice 1-2 years play. The product itself doesn't look to bad either.

silu
12-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Still haven't bought in but now might be the time after a share consolidation and funds raised today at 45c.

ShareFodder
05-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Is it just me or is this company getting pretty cheap. There are still forecasting 4-6m NPAT for 2015 which is about 3c per share or a p/e of about 8?

Joshuatree
05-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Hi SF I've been so close to buying this a few times , but questions over management (JV stuff up and other things) .Am watching for a consolidation and momentum change looking really weak atm why?

Joshuatree
05-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Its held back more from OPERATING in China imo as its an Australian company . We know some extremely dodgy things go on there that are called criminal here; diff culture ;diff rules. Two directors maybe 3 look like ex patriat chinese maybe; brought on board re 2013?

Vmoto was formed in Aus in 2002 and backdoor listed on ASX in 2006. It bought its first manufacturing (assembly plant in China) and commenced construction of its own bikes in 2008. It bought CSR a spanish scooter and all terrain company in 2008.

It got approval of China compulsory certification and ISO 9001 in 2009 and opened a banking facility there then too It bought 60% of german Emax scooter co and commenced construction of its stage 2 of its manufacturing facility in nanjing.

In 2011 it dual listed on AIM London. In 2013 it launched its own 2 wheel scooter and opened its flagship store in nanjing. Maiden profit 2013. In 2014 it acquied the ill fated Nanging Haiyong tech.

Etc etc

Joshuatree
05-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Completely diff setup to SBB in my opinion. SBB a Chinese company that listed in AUS one reason i believe to pay less tax..Immediately all the chinese escrow holders sold out except for Ceo Ji Ayin(sp) who holds 55% and is in firm control with i think 1 puppet Aus director who resigned(replaced?). Top 20 own 76.35 . I think he will buy out shareholders for pittance next year or so.

VMT which as i point out above listed here in 2006 after forming in 2002, and set up production in china; top 20 hold 42.79%, computershare acc 12.34% ,Zhang 3% Wu 2.51% ,R.Gore 2.3% T fahrey (sp) 1.84%. Some of chinese directors look like they've lived overseas for much of their prof life .etc No controlling stake held by management.

The nanging con cost followed by the cancelation of listing on AIM has caused a loss of confidence atp.

ShareFodder
08-12-2015, 01:59 PM
VMT seems to be having a bit of a bounce lately. A bit more visibility due to the AU website release I guess (http://www.vmotoonline.com/).

TFA
23-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Completely diff setup to SBB in my opinion. SBB a Chinese company that listed in AUS one reason i believe to pay less tax..Immediately all the chinese escrow holders sold out except for Ceo Ji Ayin(sp) who holds 55% and is in firm control with i think 1 puppet Aus director who resigned(replaced?). Top 20 own 76.35 . I think he will buy out shareholders for pittance next year or so.

VMT which as i point out above listed here in 2006 after forming in 2002, and set up production in china; top 20 hold 42.79%, computershare acc 12.34% ,Zhang 3% Wu 2.51% ,R.Gore 2.3% T fahrey (sp) 1.84%. Some of chinese directors look like they've lived overseas for much of their prof life .etc No controlling stake held by management.

The nanging con cost followed by the cancelation of listing on AIM has caused a loss of confidence atp.

Confidence rebounding in this stock. Announcement of a JV for the contract manufacturing Power Eagle business looks like very positive news

Cadalac123
23-01-2020, 09:52 PM
Anyone still following this? Has been doing well since the horrible crash between 2016-2017