PDA

View Full Version : Ayone know of any possible IPOs for 2014?

Captain Dan
21-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Hi,

Does any know of any planned, or heard any rumours for IPOs this year? All I have been able to find is a possible listing for Martin Aircraft Company (and I've seen the thread where many expressed doubts about it).

And a question to the more experienced investors - do many of you invest at the IPO stage, or would you be more inclined to wait a few months until the company is able to proves its performance?

Cheers
Capt Dan

Schrodinger
29-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Serko, Orion?, Vend? there are others but I will have to think about it.

In terms of IPOs they can be lucrative. I will talk about this from an investor perspective as I rarely sell early. Several recent IPOs have performed strongly but I would focus more on the underlying business more than making a quick buck. Know your company and what you are trying to do before putting money in. The best way to do this is to research the basics and if possible talk directly to the management. My personal preference is to place value on marketing approach etc for my investments, just my thing. Most companies will have a track record of performance and these are usually safer than the less than $1M revenue placements (PEB etc). Waiting for them to prove themselves shouldn't be necessary except if it is those risky early companies.

In terms of trading with IPOs someone maybe able to comment.

bottlerboy
29-01-2014, 10:08 AM
In the Sydney Morning Herald today

Healthscope’s private equity owners have written to eight investment banks, asking them to pitch ideas for what could be the largest initial public offering (http://www.afr.com/p/business/companies/healthscope_owners_launch_bn_sale_0fAykNu4KkiPLuez phiJ0K) since the $4.6 billion QR National float.

Obviously Australian but never the less could be very interesting