PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about investing in the US market?--think again

skid
24-01-2014, 03:32 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/11/fatca_a_ticking_time_bomb_for_the_economy.html

Agrarinvestor
25-01-2014, 12:14 AM
It is a good Idea to avoid the Homeland of "Goldman Sucks".
Investment into the growing regions China/Ozeanien/India is the better choice.

Valuegrowth
31-01-2014, 07:57 PM
I believe there could be great opportunity in all types of markets such as developed, frontier and emerging world in the coming decade. In the USA some sectors could have great prospects in the coming decade. Similarly both Australia and New Zeeland too could have great opportunities in the coming decade. Remember analysts are busy with doing research on popular stocks including blue chips in all types of market including frontier markets. They neglect tomorrow’s blue chips. In other word they are not doing research on some hidden gems except few intelligent analysts. Today’s small or mid company could become tomorrow’s big company. I found in some markets even fund mangers didn’t want to include some stocks with great prospects in their portfolios before 2008. We don’t want to analyse other stocks. If we analyse beautiful story of XERO in New Zealand we can find out how to spot hidden gems before others. It is same in other markets including the USA and frontier markets. There are successful stories behind their rise of stocks dramatically. Now some stocks are today’s laggards in markets. Some could become tomorrow’s top winners. It is true we had bull markets. Still some stocks have underperformed the broad market. Just like in stock market there could be opportunity in commodity market in the USA and other countries including frontier markets provided we do some research. We could expect volatility in all types of market including emerging markets in the coming decade. Therefore we should take long term investment horizon at least for five years. Then we can get some idea about our investments.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

Agrarinvestor
31-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Hallo Marketwinner,

do you have read this:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/business/chinadata/2013-11/07/content_17087641.htm

Valuegrowth
01-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Thanks.Yes I read it. I have few important books on China printed in the USA. Most of the books I read are from USA. However there are hidden gems (books) even in New Zealand and Australia in the financial book world.

In the Long term I am bullish on Asia Pacific region including China, North and South America, Europe and Africa etc. There could be great demand for some products due to two children policy in China. Both Australian and New Zelaand companies could have great demand for some protein products from China, Malaysia and Indonesia in the coming decade. New Zealand could become the largest Halal meat exporter in the world.

Those days I did some studies on China mobile. Remember at different times different markets, sectors, stocks, currencies and commodities could outperform others. At the moment stocks in Vietnam and Sri-Lanka is in uptrend while having some minor fluctuations. Even Bangladesh market could have some opportunities. Some Asian Markets such as Bangladesh, China and Sri-Lanka underperformed in 2013. It could be different ball game in 2014 and 2015.

We should never ignore any market. Every cloud has a silver lining.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.