PDA

View Full Version : Candy Crush IPO ..insane numbers

winner69
19-02-2014, 09:36 AM
I want a piece of this

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/candy-crush-ipo-2014-2

Turmeric prob won't be in .....look at growth chart - last quarter was worse than previous

What an insane world we live in ..but then I am old and remember Pacman and Tetris

tosspot
19-02-2014, 09:47 AM
I wouldnt touch that with a 10 foot pole. Its zynga all over again. and other game apps like that flappy birds crap. Its a fad for a few months or a year, company X does huge IPO, if there next game is a flop which is more than likely then many investors lose alot of money

Crow
19-02-2014, 09:52 AM
I want a piece of this

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/candy-crush-ipo-2014-2

Turmeric prob won't be in .....look at growth chart - last quarter was worse than previous

What an insane world we live in ..but then I am old and remember Pacman and Tetris

Absolutely no thanks. I'm out. :scared:

clip
19-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Wouldn't touch it either, candy crush has already been superceded by other games... flappybird/others are to candycrush as candycrush was to farmville (notice how you don't hear about farmville anymore)

samdaman
19-02-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm still super new to investing and stuff so I don't really know how an IPO goes and what info is released to the public. like is the price and amount of shares only released on IPO day?

winner69
28-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Bit of a fizzer .... down 22% in first 2 days

Bit still has a market cap of $5 billion plus

stoploss
28-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Bit of a fizzer .... down 22% in first 2 days

Bit still has a market cap of $5 billion plus

Put a bit of pressure on my ZNGA as well ……..

silverblizzard888
29-03-2014, 12:03 AM
My fair value per share would be around $9 to be honest, given Candy Crush is their main product with the rest of the other apps barely being big hitters and the decline in revenue (you'd expect it to increase year on year if they are delivering). Call that a crazy valuation, but their track record doesn't seem too good in terms of what they produce. Reminds me of Zynga, came out with some popular games, but failed to produce anything else better, then the share price started to whittle. Wouldn't say Candy Crush is that great either and I'm someone that actually enjoys game apps and I have a lot on my phone, so its much too overvalued in my opinion.

There is the chance they will produce another amazing game that will take the world by storm, in that case with that contingent possibility I'll say my max value range would be between $10-12. Just my opinion anyway.