PDA

View Full Version : Conviction List NZX

noodles
24-02-2014, 08:28 AM
While the NZX comp is great to see other poster's favorites stocks, it is just a point in time. I'd like to start a new thread that allows the poster to remove/add stocks from that list. Additionally, there is no need to limit the selection to 5. This thread does not try to replace the comp and should not reduce it's prestige. It is just for a different purpose. Personally, I read want to see what some individual posters are into at the moment.

So here is my original list:
PGW, TUR, HNZ,CMO, PHB

And now, my new conviction list is:

CMO, VIL, TUA

Notes:
1.Dropped TUR and PGW as I didn't own them(and still don't) at the time of the stock picking comp
2. PHB dropped due to top line growth concerns
3. VIL added after some analysis over the xmas break http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?9111-VIL-Veritas-Investments-Limited&p=457304&viewfull=1#post457304
4. TUA added after their FY13 results coming out. Retail strategy is on track
5. HNZ dropped due to concerns of FY14 forecasts

noodles
26-06-2014, 10:41 PM
While the NZX comp is great to see other poster's favorites stocks, it is just a point in time. I'd like to start a new thread that allows the poster to remove/add stocks from that list. Additionally, there is no need to limit the selection to 5. This thread does not try to replace the comp and should not reduce it's prestige. It is just for a different purpose. Personally, I read want to see what some individual posters are into at the moment.

So here is my original list:
PGW, TUR, HNZ,CMO, PHB

And now, my new conviction list is:

CMO, VIL, TUA

Notes:
1.Dropped TUR and PGW as I didn't own them(and still don't) at the time of the stock picking comp
2. PHB dropped due to top line growth concerns
3. VIL added after some analysis over the xmas break http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?9111-VIL-Veritas-Investments-Limited&p=457304&viewfull=1#post457304
4. TUA added after their FY13 results coming out. Retail strategy is on track
5. HNZ dropped due to concerns of FY14 forecasts

A few change on my NZX list:
1. Dropped VIL after their poor first half result
2. Added CVT after their full year results.
3. Added back HNZ after their 3rd quarter results. Shows that they should reach their profit targets
4. Added ACY after their Full year results. Looks as if conditions are improving
5. Added PGW after their profit upgrade
6. Added THL after their Full year earnings forecast

And now, my new conviction list is: THL, PGW, ACY, HNZ, TUA, CMO, CVT
Overall, I'm comfortable holding these stocks as they all have some growth and are backed by reasonable valuations (low pe compared to the market)

MAC
26-06-2014, 11:34 PM
One would have to be convicted by growth and growth spec in a rising interest rate env, and we have been gifted a growth dip. Diversified mid to high risk/reward over fully valued cyclicals.

Primary ATM, PEB, CRP, secondary SML, DIL, NTL

modandm
27-06-2014, 06:40 AM
One would have to be convicted by growth and growth spec in a rising interest rate env, and we have been gifted a growth dip. Diversified mid to high risk/reward over fully valued cyclicals.

Primary ATM, PEB, CRP, secondary SML, DIL, NTL

There have been a few posters suggesting you should own growth stocks in a rising interest rate environment. In actual fact historically value stocks outperform in a rising interest rate environment. Certainly avoid bond proxies/reits.

The justification has been that growth stocks have a longer duration, therefore higher interest rates/cost of capital means lower NPV's when conducting a DCF.

mod

noodles
30-11-2014, 10:10 PM
A few change on my NZX list:
1. Dropped VIL after their poor first half result
2. Added CVT after their full year results.
3. Added back HNZ after their 3rd quarter results. Shows that they should reach their profit targets
4. Added ACY after their Full year results. Looks as if conditions are improving
5. Added PGW after their profit upgrade
6. Added THL after their Full year earnings forecast

And now, my new conviction list is: THL, PGW, ACY, HNZ, TUA, CMO, CVT
Overall, I'm comfortable holding these stocks as they all have some growth and are backed by reasonable valuations (low pe compared to the market)

Some changes here:
1. ACY and TUA have been taken over
2. CMO have flagged lower profit going forward, so I have dropped it off.
3. I've added DPC. Even after the recent share price rise, I have them sitting on a Fy16 pe=10. TUA takeover is a game changer
4. I've added AWK. Undemanding multiples with high visibility to earnings.

And now, my new conviction list is: THL, PGW, DPC, HNZ, AWK, CVT