PDA

View Full Version : TRS =s Mega

Pages : [1] 2

whatsup
25-03-2014, 10:06 AM
I see todays ann that TRS is to be back doored into MEGA Ltd, Mega has 7 million useds with20,000 new users add each day another cloud based info service. There will be a 1 for 148 consolidation as there are a billion + shares on issue.

winner69
25-03-2014, 10:08 AM
I see todays ann that TRS is to be back doored into MEGA Ltd, Mega has 7 million useds with20,000 new users add each day another cloud based info service. There will be a 1 for 148 consolidation as there are a billion + shares on issue.

And worth $210 mil

Maybe nzx50 material as well?

clip
25-03-2014, 10:12 AM
trs currently 0.002, good time to buy a few hundred $'s worth and stash away in the chance that something may become of them?

/edit after reading the announcement fully - the existing shareholders of Mega will hold approximately 99% of the shares on issue in TRS. they will be issued to them at 30c/s .. so holding in proportion a tiny number of trs at 0.002 is futile/not even worth it i assume? I don't understand how these backdoor listings work

sp has been 0.001 for the past x years, so it is basically just a shell company that is now being used for this backdoor listing?

whatsup
25-03-2014, 10:22 AM

AKA, Mr DOT COM hmmmmmmmm!!

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 10:29 AM
And worth $210 milGiven that existing shareholders get 99% of the company, they could really put any price they want on it at all. Its only once it starts trading that we will know its true market value. And given it is a back drop, we wont see any numbers so it will be just gambling till the first accounts come out.

whatsup
25-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Trades building @ .002 which after 148 for 1 Mega shares +s .30 the same as Megas current so called S P (off market )
Q,is this worth a PUNT ?

kiwitrev
25-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Good luck to anyone who goes for this but for me I just don't trust Dotcom given the reported stories of his background. He's burnt many people in the past. Just my take on the man.

couta1
25-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Trades building @ .002 which after 148 for 1 Mega shares +s .30 the same as Megas current so called S P (off market )
Q,is this worth a PUNT ?
Could be at .001,spend 1k for 100k shares(First ones traded at this price)tempting hmmm

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 10:51 AM
so that is the only level worth buying at...We dont even know revenues, let alone costs. Buying at their jacked up price is stupid. If I held TRS, I would be selling at 0.002c

Banksie
25-03-2014, 11:06 AM
A name you might recognise in this article moosie.

http://money.msn.co.nz/businessnews/national/8819428/dotcoms-mega-seeks-backdoor-nzx-listing

sharp
25-03-2014, 11:10 AM
This is what you would a "penny-stock"... no?

sommelier
25-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Buying at 0.2c makes a bit of sense, but at 0.3c you are looking at 44.4c per share after consolidation, and with 707,000,000 final shares available, values the company at $314m. I cannot understand why anyone would look above 0.2c, nevermind the $1200 that just went through at 0.4c. Great example of the tech-hype bubble being alive and well. Looking out for the next SLI/MAD/WHATEVER.

Disc: Just bought at 0.2c and sold at 0.3c. Off to the pub now.

Balance
25-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Buying at 0.2c makes a bit of sense, but at 0.3c you are looking at 44.4c per share after consolidation, and with 707,000,000 final shares available, values the company at $314m. I cannot understand why anyone would look above 0.2c, nevermind the $1200 that just went through at 0.4c. Great example of the tech-hype bubble being alive and well. Looking out for the next SLI/MAD/WHATEVER.

Disc: Just bought at 0.2c and sold at 0.3c. Off to the pub now.

You are a champion - way to go.

clip
25-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Should have bought at 0.002 when I first posted, hah. Probably would have got 0.005 for them!

whatsup
25-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Not even worth a penny yet either! "Dreadful" doesn't even come close to describing this entity either. I've known Sorehead was a director since late last year, hence the warning thread I started.

Anyone thinking of buying is warned well in advance. If the FBI shuts this down as well, shareholders stand to lose everything (not to even mention the dodgy names involved).

You have been warned...

Moosie, from company docus I think he paid .30 ( .002 ) for his 2.5% holding, follow the money with this one!!

whatsup
25-03-2014, 11:29 AM
It's already being pumped...

.006 ='s 500% today shupps !!!

couta1
25-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Who are the nutters paying .006? Insanity

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Is this the guy that currently owns 79% of TRS:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/companies/asic-hits-jumbucks-ex-boss-with-25-charges/story-fn91v9q3-1226777490606#

its like a match made in heaven!!

sommelier
25-03-2014, 11:33 AM
People are either terrible at math or reading. We are up to $627m mcap. I hope that punter gets the 1.1c on offer...

whatsup
25-03-2014, 11:38 AM
People are either terrible at math or reading. We are up to $627m mcap. I hope that punter gets the 1.1c on offer...

I think that .005 is tops for now

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Apparently they will need to publish full financials per a IPO at the time of the backdoor. So we might get some good info then.

J R Ewing
25-03-2014, 11:56 AM
So Sorensen has shares in Mega "worth" 11% of $230 million. $25 million. I guess he will be very happy to take a say an 80% loss when selling those at market! I wonder if they come with attached options :)

whatsup
25-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Looks like it's capped @ .006.

Fear of missing out and greed are driving this one.

Congrats on the win today Sommelier. Find out who bought your shares and shout them a drink, they'll need it!

Traders taking profit now by the looks of it, this is no P & D , its a rerating by guess work imho.

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Let's keep it classy guys.

Here's a new perspective

megaupload.com was at one point the 4th most visited website in the world with a net income of $175 million+

That's 50 million users a day logged on.

Dropbox (and others) are also operating cloud storages, except FBI didn't take them down because dropbox is in the US and why hurt your economy when you can go out and get a rich fat guy living outside of US to prove the same point.

Xerof
25-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Free options issued yesterday.....

the only sellers will be the promoters

quack quack

give me back my barge pole please

I trust NZX will be monitoring trades each day......

SimonHouse
25-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Sirprize: Rich fat crooked guy. There - I've corrected it for you.

The pump and dump fraudster from Letsbuyit, and the fraudulent hedge fund operator from Hong Kong. A convicted hacker who also engaged in phone card scams. And now under charges of massive copyright theft and extradition charges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Dotcom

It's all there on Wikipedia.

Maybe they will put Rod Petricevic and Stephen Versalko on the board of TRS/Mega as well.

Good lord, what do you think will happen to the share price when DotCom is extradited, as he surely will be?

Cobber
25-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Let's keep it classy guys.

Here's a new perspective

megaupload.com was at one point the 4th most visited website in the world with a net income of $175 million+

That's 50 million users a day logged on.

Dropbox (and others) are also operating cloud storages, except FBI didn't take them down because dropbox is in the US and why hurt your economy when you can go out and get a rich fat guy living outside of US to prove the same point.

That right there is called potential and I reckon that was priced into the shares when they were at 0.002

0.006 is a ludicrous price, especially when you factor in all the thieves involved.

What's more, megaupload.com's traffic was built on piracy.

An interesting stat I have noticed is that every user accounts for $1 in revenue. DropBox has 200m users and $200 million in revenue. So maybe Mega's revenue is $7mill??

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/19/if-dropboxs-2013-revenue-is-200m-an-8b-valuation-is-pretty-steep/

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/13/dropbox-hits-200-million-users-and-announces-new-products-for-businesses/

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Maybe we should judge the product as opposed to going on about the person who created it?

How does dropbox.com compare to mega.co.nz?

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Here's a new perspective Good idea. Box is currently planning on IPO'ing soon:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/24/box-files-for-250m-ipo-on-full-year-revenue-of-124m-net-loss-of-168m/

Note that the 250m IPO is only the extra cash it is raising. Expect it to be valued over $2b once listed (the last capital raising was for $100m at a $2b valuation).

And:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/24/dropbox-filing/

Dropbox raising $350m privately at a $10B valuation.

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Unless I see data of all the top cloud storage companies I'm gonna say that all the cloud storage companies were built on piracy.

Where do you think all the users who used megaupload did after it was shutdown? They typed in dropbox.com

Are you gonna tell me that there's no illegal files on the dropbox servers? Why weren't they touched?

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Maybe we should judge the product as opposed to going on about the person who created it? I think you need to do both. A company is only as good as its management.

Do they have any experience on their executive or board with growing a SaaS business that isn't built on piracy. Box and Dropbox are throwing money at sales and marketing. Outside of NZ, what is Mega doing? (genuine question). Is it just relying on former users and Snowdon fans?

What is the risk to the company if KDC is extradited? Aren't his sidekicks also facing extradition?

SimonHouse
25-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Unless I see data of all the top cloud storage companies I'm gonna say that all the cloud storage companies were built on piracy.

Where do you think all the users who used megaupload did after it was shutdown? They typed in dropbox.com

Are you gonna tell me that there's no illegal files on the dropbox servers? Why weren't they touched?

The answer to the question: "Is Mega an honest business which represents ethical business standards with reliable and profitable outcomes for new investors?"

shouldn't be: "The others guys might be bad as well"

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Not too sure what mega is doing outside of NZ. Not sure who its users are. But what I am sure of is that KDC will not get extradited. It's all a big joke from the very beginning. There's hundreds of cloud storage companies out there who house copied illegal files. You cannot justify arresting the owner of one of them and not the others. We're not talking about thepiratebay.se here where we know for a fact it's all illegal, we're talking about cloud storage meant for whatever you as the user want to put in there. Unfortunately for KDC he is made to pay for crimes he never committed.

All I know is that mega offers 10 times free space as it's rivals. 50GB FREE is a huge bargin at the moment. They offer more space, better speed for the amount of money you'd spend on dropbox. Mega has a lot of experience and connections in the cloud storage or file sharing industry. They are also expanding at the moment and improving their services. They are like dropbox, but with passion.

That's my view on it.

PennyPicker
25-03-2014, 12:40 PM
My understanding from collegues in the NZP is that DotCom was doing some pretty naughty things which may or may not have been passing through Mega. The bust was under the guise of piracy but in actuality targets a far more serious and sinister international crime syndicate. For some reason the process leading up to his arrest was given to some preschoolers to handle.

This listing is just farcical.

Cobber
25-03-2014, 12:43 PM

So the argument could also be why would all those users come back?

Dropbox won (with the help of the US government). They now have the eco-system of choice for file storage.

Mega has a nice platform for privacy, but you have to ask yourself, does 99% of the population really need encrypted files? That's a question that will be interesting to watch play out once Mega is listed with real growth numbers being published.

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Screw the privacy part of it that's just the bonus of it.

Look at the pricing difference. ITS HUGE!

At no place in the free or priced plans does dropbox come out a winner.

Anyone who is using the free service will get on mega when they hear it's 50gb FREE trust me. I had 5gb free on dropbox when I heard mega has 50gb free. That's one huge ****ing jump.

Cobber
25-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Not too sure what mega is doing outside of NZ. Not sure who its users are. But what I am sure of is that KDC will not get extradited. It's all a big joke from the very beginning. There's hundreds of cloud storage companies out there who house copied illegal files. You cannot justify arresting the owner of one of them and not the others. We're not talking about thepiratebay.se here where we know for a fact it's all illegal, we're talking about cloud storage meant for whatever you as the user want to put in there. Unfortunately for KDC he is made to pay for crimes he never committed.

All I know is that mega offers 10 times free space as it's rivals. 50GB FREE is a huge bargin at the moment. They offer more space, better speed for the amount of money you'd spend on dropbox. Mega has a lot of experience and connections in the cloud storage or file sharing industry. They are also expanding at the moment and improving their services. They are like dropbox, but with passion.

That's my view on it.

Where did you get the idea that Dropbox aren't passionate about what they do?

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 12:57 PM
I got the idea after looking at their site and reading their blog. They haven't done anything innovating as of yet.

Mega already has state of the art protection for it's user's files and is talking about video calls through mega and so on.

Still all that **** aside, bottom line is:

DropBox offers 2.5gb free - Mega offers 50gb free.

Banksie
25-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Anyone who is using the free service will get on mega when they hear it's 50gb FREE trust me. I had 5gb free on dropbox when I heard mega has 50gb free. That's one huge ****ing jump.

So you were using DropBox for free - now you are using Mega for free. So DropBox lost $0 revenue, Mega gained $0 revenue but Mega has to wait 10x longer before you need the paid service.

I am not sure that is a good business model.

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Bit short-sighted but hey, what do I know.

You don't think that having people use your free service improves the odds of them buying your better service in the long run? Also them giving your site page impressions? Mega already started having their own ads on the download-link skin screens (wallpaper). That's another form of revenue that they will utilize. Whenever someone sends someone else a link and the other receiver is a free user they'll see the ad.

Banksie
25-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Bit short-sighted but hey, what do I know.

You don't think that having people use your free service improves the odds of them buying your better service in the long run? Also them giving your site page impressions? Mega already started having their own ads on the download-link skin screens (wallpaper). That's another form of revenue that they will utilize. Whenever someone sends someone else a link and the other receiver is a free user they'll see the ad.

Yes if advertising is one of their revenue streams then it does make sense to attract free users.

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 01:20 PM
But what I am sure of is that KDC will not get extradited.

All I know is that mega offers 10 times free space as it's rivals. 50GB FREE is a huge bargin at the moment. They offer more space, better speed for the amount of money you'd spend on dropbox. Extradition and conviction are different things. ALl they need to prove is there is a case to answer (probably) and the charges have a minimum jail time (that is why they are pursuing the international crime lord angle). I think he will get extradited but found not guilty unless there is stuff we dont know. if my view he was clearly charge people for the ability to view full movies illegally and rewarding people to upload movies illegally. That is the case to answer. I think he has legal protections as does dropbox and youtube etc but that doesn't mean there isn't a case to answer.

I have a free 50gb account with Box. They had them out every once and a while. I also have a sync file on my computer, as I do for Dropbox and Google drive, and sugersync if I wanted it. Mega still doesn't have the full package! Also, there is a risk Mega will get taken down so you need to store another copy anyway.

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Wanted to sign up for Box after reading your comment. Headline reads:
Get 10GB secure storage with 250MB file upload size

As a graphic designer, most of my raw files (.psd) are about 250 mb+ -> lets disregard the 250 upload size -> with 10gb of data I can maybe store 30% of my portfolio that's only if I would be able to upload files larger than 250mb.

Not impressed one bit.

clip
25-03-2014, 01:35 PM
I think the 10gb is more aimed at home users, if you're using it for commercial purposes i.e backing up/uploading your work then $5 a month for 100gb / 2gb file size upload is a pretty small business expense. Free services should not be expected to be comprehensive services

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Also I cannot emphasis on how important the FREE 50GB really is.

Mega has set a new standard on the internet and any company not being able to provide this to you is really... ripping you off.

Just what have the other companies been doing this past year that mega.co.nz has been alive? You'd think a serious company would try their best to match that at least.

It makes Box and others look like complete fools and I can't help but think they'll get left behind because of this.

Cobber
25-03-2014, 01:47 PM

Mega has set a new standard on the internet and any company not being able to provide this to you is really... ripping you off.

Just what have the other companies been doing this past year that mega.co.nz has been alive? You'd think a serious company would try their best to match that at least.

It makes Box and others look like complete fools and I can't help but think they'll get left behind because of this.

Or you could say the only reason Box hasn't matched you is because they don't see you as a threat (yet). You have had to give all this stuff away to try and get some momentum. Advertising revenue helps offset some of these costs. You have 7,000,000 accounts, but how many of them are actually being used on a frequent basis. I know I opened an account a year ago to see what is what like, but I have never been back. Until Mega lifts their dress and shows us some numbers, all we can do is judge them with the little bits that were published today and the individuals based around the share structure.

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 01:47 PM

Just what have the other companies been doing this past year that mega.co.nz has been alive? .They are just buying you with that free allowance. I cant see how that makes it a good business to invest in if no one has to upgrade to a paid package.

Google has responded: http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/16/with-its-massive-price-cut-for-drive-google-goes-on-the-offensive/

Does Mega have api's with other programs? Other than encryption and speed (I admit speed is important for your large files), it doesn't have many features so of course it has to bribe you with free GB.

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 01:49 PM
You have 7,000,000 accounts, but how many of them are actually being used on a frequent basis. I know I opened an account a year ago Same. have been waiting for a desktop app before I use it as an online backup for some photos.

Banksie
25-03-2014, 01:56 PM
So there are desktop, browser and mobile apps. I haven't tried them but they are available for download from the website.

I couldn't find pricing anywhere so I signed up. These are the figures quoted.

500Gb €9.99 pm
2TB €19.99 pm
4TB €29.99 pm.

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Easy tigers.

These are only my opinions. I'm a bit flawed as I only concentrate on the products of companies.

To me KDC is just a smart guy (smart asshole or scumbag to different people) that made a smart product. We only know that there's something fishy about him because FBI looked deep into it and pointed it out.

I'm sure we'd have one or two things on Rod Drury if FBI really wanted to...? Perhaps? No? Ok. :)

Seriously tho, I do think that the connections they made while megaupload was on top is what will distinguish them from the sea of cloud storages. I mean these guys must know the people, best designers, developers and so on, and actually have hired these people to work on mega.co.nz

If there's any cloud storage that knows what they are doing, it's the one that reached the 4th most visited website in the world category.

Ginger_steps_
25-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Im pretty sure 50Gig is now the standard. I have 50G free on dropbox for connecting extra devices to my dropbox account. I have had these 50G free for well over a year now too. I like Mega and Dotcom - I will even vote for him come election time (if only to stir up present powers). Internet freedom is there angle which I believe is what people like about Mega - drop box isnt really pushing a particular angle heavily. Also lets face it piracy is big business and I believe now days almost every household downloads pirated films - and why not - its cheaper and the film companies continue to post ever increasing profits. So in relation to dropbox/mega - if you can store all your photos etc as well as download movies - why wouldnt people choose Mega over the competition?? For this reason I think there are a world of people who will back Mega.

On the other hand in countries like Germany film companies were clogging up the courts with piracy claims which lead to the courts granting them the right to bypass the courts and fine you directly through a lawyer. In some cases film companies have collected data of multiple downloads by one user and then fined them lump sums upwards of EUR100k!! I got snapped for EUR800 for a single download! I can see many countries going in this direction eventually.

So with all that in mind, until Mega's unknowns come to light I see TRS as a trading stock. Congrats to those who are in today - wish i was - if only for a day!

whatsup
25-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Big sales going through now , 2 mill in the last 5 minutes, could hit .008 shortly and maybe JUST MAYBE .01 today , UHHHH!!

whatsup
25-03-2014, 02:26 PM
No worries mate - I have no intention of investing in this enterprise. In fact my view of NZX will be seriously dented if they even let this get off the ground. You will be hard-pressed to find a single individual, associated with this listing, that has not been involved in some type of shenanigans.

Banksie, and that comment imho could be liablious !!

blackcap
25-03-2014, 03:00 PM
got in an out for an easy 15% return nice!

Just saw the movement in price today. This is mega funny. I think I still have some TRS shares from 20 years or so ago that are worthless, (or were :) )

whatsup
25-03-2014, 03:02 PM
big sales going through now , 2 mill in the last 5 minutes, could hit .008 shortly and maybe just maybe .01 today , uhhhh!!

bingo ! + + bingo !!

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 03:04 PM
.008 So that makes Mega a $800m company?

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 03:08 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2013/02/07/why-is-dropbox-worth-more-than-4-billion/

Pretty sure MEGA is in the same league as dropbox. Only a matter of time before people realize this - I suppose.

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Kim Dotcom will be upset the forgot Mega:

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2014/02/24/box-dropbox-difference/

Banksie
25-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Banksie, and that comment imho could be liablious !!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/9864918/Dotcoms-Mega-to-join-NZX

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 03:29 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2013/02/07/why-is-dropbox-worth-more-than-4-billion/

Pretty sure MEGA is in the same league as dropbox. Only a matter of time before people realize this - I suppose.Dropbox has 200m users, Mega has 7m. Dropbox already has 2m paying customers.

Cobber
25-03-2014, 03:34 PM

Pretty sure MEGA is in the same league as dropbox. Only a matter of time before people realize this - I suppose.

That article states 6 main things a company is valued on (when judging Dropbox's valuation) and then comparing to Mega :

1. Past Performance - do we really need to state the obvious on this one.

2. Financial Health - impossible to quantify at this stage

3. Growth Potential - tick

4. Team - I'd tick some boxes and cross some boxes.

5. Exit Options - tick

6. Stickiness - The new products coming might make it more sticky.... but Dropbox definitely has the eco-system advantage. My business has Dropbox accounts with all our clients for exchanging and managing shared files. We won't be changing.

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Just so that everybody is aware;

1. Past Performance - 4th most visited website in the world (megaupload). That's up there with yahoo, google and facebook.

No comment on all the other points needed for me; if these guys could make it to the top 4 I reckon they know exactly what they are doing.

clip
25-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Well after crapping myself a bit after making my mind up to buy at 0.006 then seeing moosie/harvey convinced it would be straight back to .002, my sell has been taken out at .008 for a 9.7% gain after brokerage :D can't believe the volume going through/that there are still so many buyers though - I imagine perhaps they are not fully understanding the 1:148 split that will occur down the track?
100k shares bought @ 0.009 = $900
100k / 148 = 675 shares (at 0.3c) = $202.50

do I have this right, that is how it works?

/edit up 900% today now.. rediculous!

PennyPicker
25-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Classic!

Mega backdoor share partner facing charges: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11225952

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 04:05 PM
LOL. By the looks of it - it won't stop the beast I can tell you that.

blackcap
25-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Gotta love the link posted on the NZ herald site as well titled "What is a backdoor listing" :
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11226014

Maybe I should post it on the SNK thread too..... :)

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 04:21 PM
1. Past Performance - 4th most visited website in the world (megaupload).I think that is traffic, not web site hits - it takes a lot of bandwidth to illegal stream movies ;)

Well after crapping myself a bit after making my mind up to buy at 0.006 then seeing Moosie/Harvey convinced it would be straight back to .002, my sell has been taken out at .008 for a 9.7% gain Well done. My comments are for investors. If you are trading, have fun. Lots of money was made on SNK by traders, on the way up and on the way down. First day punt I would think you are safe as they aren't going to set off warning signals before the deal is done.

winner69
25-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Gotta love the link posted on the NZ herald site as well titled "What is a backdoor listing" :
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11226014

Maybe I should post it on the SNK thread too..... :)

Its OK though as Tasmyn says

The good news is once the deal is done the company has to comply to normal share market listing rules which includes providing half and full year accounts, holding annual general meetings and having the required number of independent directors on the board.

winner69
25-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Well after crapping myself a bit after making my mind up to buy at 0.006 then seeing moosie/harvey convinced it would be straight back to .002, my sell has been taken out at .008 for a 9.7% gain after brokerage :D can't believe the volume going through/that there are still so many buyers though - I imagine perhaps they are not fully understanding the 1:148 split that will occur down the track?
100k shares bought @ 0.009 = $900
100k / 148 = 675 shares (at 0.3c) = $202.50

do I have this right, that is how it works?

/edit up 900% today now.. rediculous!

Maybr post consolidation the shares might be $1.50 so a good buy today at less than a cent

clip
25-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Maybr post consolidation the shares might be $1.50 so a good buy today at less than a cent

Hah potentially yes, however I am not going to play with this one. MEJ.ASX is my fun techo plaything, and I understand more about bitcoins than I do about how KDC runs his businesses! (What I do know about KDC is that he is profitable, but not within the confines of the law, so I will park my money elsewhere I don't have to worry about it suddenly disappearing)

winner69
25-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Plenty of lotto tickets bought today .... might be a decent jackpot at the end

For some totally ridiculous and irrational reasons I bought a $1,000 ticket in the raffle

clip
25-03-2014, 04:42 PM
it's up 900% today already, I wish you luck for another 900% tomorrow :)

blackcap
25-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Plenty of lotto tickets bought today .... might be a decent jackpot at the end

For some totally ridiculous and irrational reasons I bought a $1,000 ticket in the raffle

Probably not that irrational and depending on what price you paid for your $1000 option it should pay off. Could easily go to 2 cents or just as easily fall to .5 cent but I am sure you are well aware of that.

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Maybr post consolidation the shares might be $1.50 so a good buy today at less than a centAt $1.5, it is a billion dollar company. Not bad for a 1 year old company started with little funds. Maybe Rod should be taking leasons ;)

(What I do know about KDC is that he is profitable,)Yes - he will do very well out of this. Whether small investors do is another questions. Traders on the other hand should have a field day. I forsee a lot of volitility and with a potential SPP coming up...

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 04:46 PM
At $1.5, it is a billion dollar company. Not bad for a 1 year old company started with little funds. Maybe Rod should be taking leasons ;)Well it has hit 1c, which at a 148 consolidation and a 30c buy price for Mega worth $210, it is valued at

$1,035,999,999

per my calculation

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Meaning Mona's 23%(?) holding is now worth over $200m. Hows that for being asset rich (or rich on paper), cash poor.

silverblizzard888
25-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Well, my father had more cajones than me, attempting to buy @ 0.002 cents, missing then buying @ 0.006 after saying screw it. Sold out @ 0.008 apparently.

I told him he is insane. He already knew that.

At least a few of us made money today.

Wonder where Balance is hiding now...?

Well like you once said Moosie, when the logic in the market is gone, join them and go crazy lol! Did exactly what your father did, same situation lol. Obviously a huge risk in playing with it, but if we are to take the past into account. IPOs have a history of doubling (we will call this sort of like an IPO - the backdoor one at least.) If 0.002 (taking into account consolidation that would be fair value, then doubling it would be 0.004, throw logic out the window and we have 0.008 =P

Now ill sit back with my popcorn and watch what happens next.

silverblizzard888
25-03-2014, 05:37 PM
If this is accepted by TRS shareholders (which it will be) and accepted by the NZX with no qualms about it i will have officially lost, in totality, my faith in this being a fair and open market...

Well no ones done anything wrong (yet) and its merely a listing. Of course it may be one to be cautious about, but MEGA in its own right has a good following and is building for itself a pretty reliable business. The market know MEGA quite will especially given the new coverage on Dotcom, the excitement around its IPO is bound to creates leaps and bounds in its stock price. It does not mean the market is not true and fair, but given we have no numbers to work on, its a spec play which you take with a massive bag of salt.

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 05:45 PM
I have read a few things today on the Box IPO. Plenty of other competitors listed but never Mega.

SimonHouse
25-03-2014, 06:41 PM
What we really need is a competition to suggest Mega's new ticker code, since TRS will become a new company under the Mega-dodgy proposal.

I suggest the following

KIM
FAT
NAZ
CON
FBI

Any one else like to suggest anything?

clip
25-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Does the company get to decide it or does NZX? I'd put my money on MGA

loon
25-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Article in NBR says it is not clear if Mega shareholders have undertaken to hold their shares for any period of time post the merger. The major shareholders are
Dotcom's wife Mona 26% , Wolf Ortmann 18% , Michael Sorensen 11% , ( is that the same person as Sorehead mentioned on this forum ?),Zhao Wu Shen 9.13% ( he and his wife recently donated $250,000 to the national party and John Schollum via Hobson st investments.
Article gives it a dodgy slant with a number of people connected to shonky dealings.

blackcap
25-03-2014, 07:54 PM
That's bevause it's the ultimate gathering of bottom dwellers! Doubt we'll ever see anything as dodgy as this again, makes Snakk look like a model perfect backdoor listing!

All joking aside though, I dare say Mega have a far superior and profitable business model than Snakk :)

axe
25-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Allotment of Options

5:24pm, 24 Mar 2014 | ALLOT

https://www.nzx.com/companies/TRS/announcements/248638

TRS to Merge with Mega Limited

9:52am, 25 Mar 2014 | MERGER

Timing is everything :)

The Options have an exercise price of $0.002027 per option to receive one TRS share

Am I wrong in thinking if they exercise the options after the mega listing they will be issued at $0.002027 but list at $0.30?

SirPrize
25-03-2014, 08:11 PM
So this is how it looks like out there currently.

DROPBOX
daily page views: 58M
daily visitors: 14M
site rank: 112th

MEGA
daily page views: 7.9M
daily visitors: 3.2M
site rank: 633rd

BOX
daily page views: 7.8M
daily visitors: 1.9M
site rank: 989th

ref:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=dropbox.com

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=mega.co.nz

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=box.com

Thoughts?

Xerof
25-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Article in NBR says it is not clear if Mega shareholders have undertaken to hold their shares for any period of time post the merger. The major shareholders are
Dotcom's wife Mona 26% , Wolf Ortmann 18% , Michael Sorensen 11% , ( is that the same person as Sorehead mentioned on this forum ?),Zhao Wu Shen 9.13% ( he and his wife recently donated $250,000 to the national party and John Schollum via Hobson st investments.
Article gives it a dodgy slant with a number of people connected to shonky dealings.

It's crystal clear there will be no escrow period. Between those you have named, and the shell owner, who is before the courts in Australia on price manipulation and false declaration of ownership charges, they control 99.73% of the shares. PLUS the free options he gave himself yesterday....

Joe public is scrambling over 0.27% of 'free float' unless they do sell.

so what do you think they will do?

they are only listing it to sell it, not so they can share the love

follow the money - how much have these bottom dwellers paid to get into Mega to date? Guarantee without even looking it's nowhere near 30 cents

quack quack

deja vu all over again

last post

samdaman
25-03-2014, 08:21 PM
is it just me or is there something dodgy about a major part of his business under his wifes name?

couta1
25-03-2014, 09:14 PM
If this thing wasn't about to affect lives it would have to be the greatest comedy show around,I'm finding it hard to stop laughing but then again I should have been quicker out of the blocks with some cash this morning,too scary at 1c though :cool:

Harvey Specter
25-03-2014, 09:15 PM
DROPBOX
daily page views: 58MWith its desktop app and mobile apps, you dont actually have to visit the website. Therefore page views isn't a good measure.

is it just me or is there something dodgy about a major part of his business under his wifes name?I beleive this is standard practice when you have your funds frozen and are facing extradition. Pretty stupid in my view - it clearly isn't 'pre-realtionship property' so it is half his anyway

Am I wrong in thinking if they exercise the options after the mega listing they will be issued at $0.002027 but list at $0.30?

No. All derivitatives such as options would be subject to the same consolidation.

whatsup
25-03-2014, 09:18 PM
it's up 900% today already, I wish you luck for another 900% tomorrow :)

Clip, and that wont happen, Id say a slip back (profit takers from today ) should close at .008 hmmmmm !

SimonHouse
25-03-2014, 09:28 PM
I love how page views is a method of valuing the business. Very 1997.

clip
25-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Clip, and that wont happen, Id say a slip back (profit takers from today ) should close at .008 hmmmmm !

I thought the same thing about MEJ after it rose from .035 to .08 the first day... it pushed up to .11 the next day before slipping back to a reasonable range! I wasn't watching it at close but at 4.30pm it still had 15mil buyers vs 10?m or so sellers so there may still be pressure underneath it. Time will tell :)

milt1968
25-03-2014, 10:16 PM
So I was reading a little bit on this forum before about the consolidation of 148:1.

So lets just say someone owns shares at 0.005.

They get consolidated into one share. Is this share worth 0.74 or is it worth what the company is floating (0.30)?

Very confusing to me, but probably very basic to everyone else.

clip
25-03-2014, 10:28 PM
The way I see it is that say you hold 100k shares. You bought them at 0.002c each.
Post consolidation, every 148 shares you hold will be converted to 1 share at 0.30c each

so originally you had 100k shares * 0.002 = $200
Post consolidation you have 100k shares / 148 = 675. 675 x 0.3c = $202

if you bought those 100k shares for 0.005, you would have spent $500
but post consolidation, you would still have 675 shares @ $202 so it wouldn't be worth while

however, you would be in the money once the SP reached 0.74 - so you would be hoping the SP jumped to above that on/after listing

If this is incorrect could someone please correct me, as I may be misunderstanding?

BIRMANBOY
25-03-2014, 10:48 PM
This isn't about its worth...its about traders trading for the spread...like the old parlour game where the person left standing when the music stops is the one s**t out of luck. As they say, you don't have to understand it, love it or even know what it does...its all about the trade. Casino time!!
Post consolidation =7,482,406 shares in TRS
+ 314,110 option post consolidation
+ 700,000,000 shares for Mega

=707,796,516 shares total post consolidation (plus however many more free options are coming via Soreheads favourite way of increasing his own wealth).

I believe the calculation was .002 pre consolidation was equal to 29 cents post consolidation today. The sp is now 5x the buy price, making Dotcon's company worth $1B in mCap.

milt1968
25-03-2014, 10:56 PM
So money will be lost by anyone who has shares and paid more than 0.002? Is the idea to sell and then when they offer at 0.30 rebuy? Is 0.30 confirmed or could it be higher or lower?

Snow Leopard
26-03-2014, 12:20 AM
So money will be lost by anyone who has shares and paid more than 0.002? Is the idea to sell and then when they offer at 0.30 rebuy? Is 0.30 confirmed or could it be higher or lower?

I worry about the questions you are asking: especially if you bought some shares in TRS today.

If you actually did, or even if you did not, then take a little advice from your favourite Tiger - do not buy anything [else] until you understand what you are doing you.

I would suggest that the share price is going to go all over the place both before and after the 148 for 1 consolidation and even after we find out what the Mega financials are.

You are swimming in Shark Infested Custard, it is entirely up to you if you want to stay there.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

blackcap
26-03-2014, 06:37 AM
ONe thing we do need to remember is that the proposed "deal" is fair as far as I can see. Before yesterday TRS was valued at .1 cent and so the issue of 700m shares to Mega shareholders followed by a 1/148 consolidation to give Mega shareholders 99% of the company is not wrong or even "dodgy". For a backdoor listing this seems like reasonable valuation metrics have been used. Existing TRS shareholders do not lose at all (that is if MEGA can be valued at 200m) It is those purchasing TRS now for "the hype" that are likely to have egg on their faces come post consolidation. But what do I know.

blocker3
26-03-2014, 07:20 AM
The way I see it is that say you hold 100k shares. You bought them at 0.002c each.
Post consolidation, every 148 shares you hold will be converted to 1 share at 0.30c each

so originally you had 100k shares * 0.002 = $200
Post consolidation you have 100k shares / 148 = 675. 675 x 0.3c = $202

if you bought those 100k shares for 0.005, you would have spent $500
but post consolidation, you would still have 675 shares @ $202 so it wouldn't be worth while

however, you would be in the money once the SP reached 0.74 - so you would be hoping the SP jumped to above that on/after listing

If this is incorrect could someone please correct me, as I may be misunderstanding?

So Am I correct in saying the people that buy the current price today at 1c are only buying the right to own that share ,which will only have a true value .002c .

Then Consolidation kicks in at .02c etc

Have I over simplerfied things or have I got it totally wrong.

blackcap
26-03-2014, 07:36 AM
So Am I correct in saying the people that buy the current price today at 1c are only buying the right to own that share ,which will only have at true value .02c .(Then Consolidation kicks in at .02c )

Have I over simplerfied things or have I got it wrong.

True value is only an arbitrary figure. What happens if you buy now at 1 cent is that post consolidation you will have 1/148 shares left. Whatever the price is then is what you have. So if you buy 100,000 shares now at 1 cent (costs you $1,000) you will have 675 shares post consolidation out of a total shares on issue of about 700,000,000. Whatever the market values the company at will be what your 675 shares are worth. So if the market values the company at say $500,000,000 then you shares will be worth 71 cents. 675 *.71 = $479.
Hope this helps

blocker3
26-03-2014, 07:43 AM
True value is only an arbitrary figure. What happens if you buy now at 1 cent is that post consolidation you will have 1/148 shares left. Whatever the price is then is what you have. So if you buy 100,000 shares now at 1 cent (costs you $1,000) you will have 675 shares post consolidation out of a total shares on issue of about 700,000,000. Whatever the market values the company at will be what your 675 shares are worth. So if the market values the company at say $500,000,000 then you shares will be worth 71 cents. 675 *.71 = $479.
Hope this helps

Hi blackcap

Thanks for that good information..

With ref to you info that I have placed in bold one could still lose money as one does not know what the market value is going to be?

blackcap
26-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Hi blackcap

Thanks for that good information..

With ref to you info that I have placed in bold one could still lose money as one does not know what the market vale is going to be?

Yes correct, we do not know what value the market is going to place on Mega, and as there is not prospectus etc it will be on what people think the future profitability and cashflows of Mega are going to be.

blocker3
26-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Yes correct, we do not know what value the market is going to place on Mega, and as there is not prospectus etc it will be on what people think the future profitability and cashflows of Mega are going to be..

Thank you. I will only keep watching this share. (Watching the Traders V Traders )

Harvey Specter
26-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I am not sure whether to be shocked or glad at the questions being asked. I will go with glad on the basis if they are asking, hopefully they haven't invested yet.
Hope this helpsBest explanation I have seen so far.

as one does not know what the market value is going to be?We have absolutely no F'n idea. The 30c = $210m is a completely arbitrary figure in my mind given the exact same people will own 99% afterwards. No one will know till we see some figures.

Traders - I saw someone post it above but it needs pointing out again. You are all playing with the 27% of shares in TRS that aren't owned by an alledged fraudster. That is only 0.27% of a potential future company set up by another convicted fraudster. Play safe.

Harvey Specter
26-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Blocker, .002 was the only level "worth" buying at as it values the company post consolidation at around $200M, the buy price of Mega. Who said the buy price is fair?

The deal will go ahead (NZX permitting) as one shareholder owns 73% of shares and no doubt, he has ensured a friend has another 2% (or bought yesterday). No doubt he will get some large consultancy fee for his time. Remember his 73% was only worth ~$730k so it wouldn't be much to buy him off.

nextbigthing
26-03-2014, 08:34 AM
A quick 'back of the envelope' calc.

If the company is 'valued' at approx $200 mil

200mil x 7% = $14mil it must return P.A. to justify this value. (7% a generic return figure)

$14 mil / 50m users apparently = $0.28 per user P.A in profit must be obtained per user.

28 cents hardly seems outside the realms of possibility.

Now let's say they receive 3c profit per click on their advertising. 28 / 3 = approx 10 clicks on advertising P.A.

I accidently click the ads on this website once a month for sure :)

Maybe this isn't just all hype.

Interesting how you talk a few cents at a time in revenue you then change units to millions to value the company. The power of numbers and the reach of the internet I guess.

Quack quack :D

NBT

clip
26-03-2014, 08:42 AM
I believe they will get pays just for ad views also, though those types of ones will be fractions of cents. However as the mega desktop application will actively target other adds in webbrowsers, and replace them with their own (generating views) on top of standard ads as mentioned above it may start to ramp up. I suspect there would be nowhere near 50mil people using the desktop app as the kind of people who like to use mega for it's security/encryption/anonymity are also the kind of people who would be dubious about installing a mega application on their computer.

winner69
26-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Last week TRS had a mcap of about $1m. It's only real asset was its NZX listing.

If the existing shareholders end up with 5% of a $200m company because somebody appreciates the value of that asset good on them.

Just that I think it strange the amount of bad feeling (that's putting it nicely) towards those who owned TRS last week. They just "maximising shareholder value"

blocker3
26-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Blocker, .002 was the only level "worth" buying at as it values the company post consolidation at around $200M, the buy price of Mega. Everything else is paying up on an exponential curve as the price goes up .001 of a cent. At a whole cent you're paying for a $1B dollar company without knowing financials of any kind!

Hi Moosie

Good information. Thanks for that. Cheers

blocker3
26-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Traders - I saw someone post it above but it needs pointing out again. You are all playing with the 27% of shares in TRS that aren't owned by an alledged fraudster. That is only 0.27% of a potential future company set up by another convicted fraudster. Play safe.

Excellent point , Harvey Specter. All coming together now. Cheers

Banksie
26-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Now let's say they receive 3c profit per click on their advertising. 28 / 3 = approx 10 clicks on advertising P.A.

This is presuming advertising is part of their business model. As yet I have seen no proof of this - there is certainly no advertising on the site at this stage.

baller18
26-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Oh my lord, look at the bids piling up! This crazyyy
A tenbagger + in 2 days... dangggggggg

Harvey Specter
26-03-2014, 09:09 AM
This is presuming advertising is part of their business model. As yet I have seen no proof of this - there is certainly no advertising on the site at this stage.You dont have advertising on box or dropbox either.

I think the advertising thing people are referring to is Baboom which is a completely separate KDC company. http://baboom.com/

nextbigthing
26-03-2014, 09:12 AM

Makes you wonder if it could be a worthwhile exercise finding some listed shell companies and putting a nominal amount in and forgetting about it for a couple of years!

tosspot
26-03-2014, 09:14 AM
If its anything like an ASX pump then its one massive day jump (yesterday) followed by a frenzy for the first 10 minutes trading on the second, then a massive sell off.
Also these bids a most likely kim and other interested parties, because it was so easy to cause movement on this stock it attracts further punters and now has quicker transpired into this.
DONT GET BURNED

blackcap
26-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Makes you wonder if it could be a worthwhile exercise finding some listed shell companies and putting a nominal amount in and forgetting about it for a couple of years!

sssshhhhhh dont tell too many people NBT.

J R Ewing
26-03-2014, 09:15 AM
ONe thing we do need to remember is that the proposed "deal" is fair as far as I can see. Before yesterday TRS was valued at .1 cent and so the issue of 700m shares to Mega shareholders followed by a 1/148 consolidation to give Mega shareholders 99% of the company is not wrong or even "dodgy". For a backdoor listing this seems like reasonable valuation metrics have been used. Existing TRS shareholders do not lose at all (that is if MEGA can be valued at 200m) It is those purchasing TRS now for "the hype" that are likely to have egg on their faces come post consolidation. But what do I know.

Before yesterday pretty much the only "value" in TRS was the potential for back door listing MEGA or some other entity. You can't really say that 0.1c was a "market" valuation corresponding to $1m market cap - not in the real world. 0.1c is the smallest unit of currency on the NZX and therefore the lowest possible price for a share to trade. It wasn't being traded at 0.1c in any significant numbers, except for a bit of recent activity. Even if MEGA opens with a market cap of $50m I suspect existing TRS shareholders will be doing OK if they end up with an economic parcel of MEGA. Even better if they got our yesterday at 0.8c :)

nextbigthing
26-03-2014, 09:18 AM
This is presuming advertising is part of their business model. As yet I have seen no proof of this - there is certainly no advertising on the site at this stage.

Fair call. You get the drift though, only $0.28 profit PA required per customer. So perhaps one in ten signing up to a service that nets $2.80 P.A. Hardly unreasonable.

Disc) can ducks hold barge poles? (Not in. Def waiting for financials!)

Balance
26-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Good on Sorenson - he plays his game well and is to be congratulated.

Probably bought heaps of TRS in the last little while and dishing it out now for 1000% profit.

Capitalism at work!

whatsup
26-03-2014, 09:27 AM
A tenbagger + in 2 days... dangggggggg

Baller, Most of those are teaser bids, don't take too much notice until the market opens !!

whatsup
26-03-2014, 09:29 AM

Probably bought heaps of TRS in the last little while and dishing it out now for 1000% profit.

Capitalism at work!

NO HE DIDNT < never was a major/decent sized S Her in TRS.

Hoop
26-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Love him or hate him...you have to admire the big guy as a mover & shaker..He knows how to rock the traditional systems around..He justs puts all these "old school" people in a virtual bottle and gives it a good shake..unpops the cork, pours out the contents and sees who's still able to stand up and function

Geez..For once the NZX has got exciting...exit rigor mortis???
A momentum traders ultimate dream come true..eh!

...............and it happened in "lil ol" NZ.... Who would've thought...

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/Hoop_1/trs26032014depth919am.png (http://s458.photobucket.com/user/Hoop_1/media/trs26032014depth919am.png.html)

Hoop
26-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Depth update at 9.35am
opening estimated at 1.2c
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/Hoop_1/trs26032014depth935am.png (http://s458.photobucket.com/user/Hoop_1/media/trs26032014depth935am.png.html)

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Oh man I reckon ppl will be making a killing of this.

winner69
26-03-2014, 09:45 AM

Capitalism at work!

Right on Balance

Just playing the game and maximising returns

Hoop
26-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Let's not get too excited hoop. All these millions of volume, but the reality is at the time of me writing the match volume equates to little more than $20k. Not exactly eye watering...is it?
Why not be excited...
Reading all the posts yesterdays shows how everyones thinking is tuned into how the NZX operated in the past....ultra conservatism ...operates on a system that been around for decades..investors slow to adapt and take advantage to sudden activity due to the rarity of it happening on a small boring exchange...Investors and traders are probably going to be burn't to bits because they aren't used to this type of market trading.

Congratulations to all who who have made heaps yesterday (and may be today)

Disc : No TRS

whatsup
26-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Oh man I reckon ppl will be making a killing of this.

THEY ALREADY HAVE < look at yesterdays volume !!

Hoop
26-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Still looking like a 1.2c opening

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/Hoop_1/trs26032014depth950am.png (http://s458.photobucket.com/user/Hoop_1/media/trs26032014depth950am.png.html)

whatsup
26-03-2014, 10:01 AM
WHATS the betting that all eyes will be on TRS today, investors, down rampers, up rampers, analysists, taxi drivers, mad punters, wantabees, politicians, house wives, Belgian dentists, UNCLE TOMS COBLERS< DE WORKS.!!

Hoop
26-03-2014, 10:02 AM
The story is interesting, I give it that, so by all means get excited about the story, the conspiracies, the trash talking, the media attention...all that crap. My point is, that at this stage, you'd think we are talking about millions of dollars, whereas the volume (while big in magnitude) equates to bugger all in $ terms.

It just seems people are missing that point.

Don't think so...many took a small$ raffle..
Turmeric you are behaving like a traditional conservative "bean counter"...apologies to bean counter everywhere.:)

Its the way the NZX market is behavouring..Its exciting...The market is operating exactly how it should be....... and best yet the Old School Powers of B are taking a free market approach and not putting TRS in suspension with the lame excuse "for the moral good"

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 10:03 AM
You'd think with KDC around there would be something called ' Bad Publicity ' - not even.

blackcap
26-03-2014, 10:05 AM
And the irony of it all is that I cannot find my FIN and CSN which are on a bit of paper in storage somewhere..... (I hold TRS on an old incorporated company that still exists but do not do much with as far as share trading is concerned)

And the price marches on to 1.7c... dont even want to know what this values MEGA at.

baller18
26-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Oh lord... 16 bagger.... Congrats to whose who madr a lot of money trading this.

whatsup
26-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Oh lord... 16 bagger.... Congrats to whose who madr a lot of money trading this.

Baller, yesterdays first trade was at .001 for about 500,000 then quickly to .002 for 4 mil , so that's mainly a 8 bagger for most except those really lucky/ballsy punters.

Harvey Specter
26-03-2014, 10:11 AM
And the price marches on to 1.7c... dont even want to know what this values MEGA at.It hit 1.8c valuing Mega at $1.8B by my calcs.

The 148 consolidation and 30c for a $210m valuation means that 1c = $1B. Can someone confirm my maths?

blackcap
26-03-2014, 10:15 AM
It hit 1.8c valuing Mega at $1.8B by my calcs.

The 148 consolidation and 30c for a $210m valuation means that 1c = $1B. Can someone confirm my maths?

Sounds about right... haha that would make MEGA at top 10 company in no time :)

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 10:17 AM
I have not heard any of you discuss the actual product of the company. What a joke.

Hoop
26-03-2014, 10:19 AM
I agree with that (in bold). But you seem to be missing my point. The operative words are there though in your first sentence, "small$". That is all I am trying to remind people of.

Yeah Turmeric...but the point I'm making is how the market is Hyped up about it all...this will not go unnoticed by the media
For the media excitement...it has come at a cheap price (free)......You have to remind oneself that lil ol NZX Market will be getting Global attention and to be seen as operating well within a free market environment...that I think is a good image at a cheap price (free)....

EDIT:

This is going to end badly for some I suspect. In saying that, it is exciting, and no doubt a little bit of cash is being made by the traders. Good on everyone that has capitalized on all this http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/images/smilies/wink2.gif I had a small punt this morning. Took the 1.2 open and just sold now for good % gain, but small profit in $ terms. It felt weirdly like it used to when betting on horses. 5 min race, back and forth, and this time, lucky in the end!
Good on ya Turmeric you took the window of opportunity and won ...short term trade added to your stock market investor experience....It will look good on your CV ..eh :cool:

clip
26-03-2014, 10:20 AM
I have not heard any of you discuss the actual product of the company. What a joke.

There was some discussion with you last night? Although you just bagged the competitors and do not provide much discussion yourself..
Without a prospectus from the company there is really not much of a discussion to have... the main things have already been covered in this thread

Harvey Specter
26-03-2014, 10:23 AM
I have not heard any of you discuss the actual product of the company. What a joke.Yes we have. We have compared it to Box/Dropbox and I think come to some sort of agreement that encryption is good, speed is good, free data is good (but not for profits), but feature set isn't currently as big as the others (Xero was similar when it started) but the key is it is competing against other big companies including Google which have far less history that Mega.

With online storage, unless it is a just a second back up, trust is very important and I think this will be an issue for a few years to come until the megaupload issue is put to bed one way or another (a distancing from KDC with a strong BoD would help).

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 10:44 AM
"free data is good (but not for profits)" I disagree. Completely. Logically - it's a way of winning users.

Have you not thought that might be a good base for potential-profits? asdf. How exactly is Box trying to win people over? Or Dropbox?

You guys will just have to learn it the hard way.

I'm getting a bit irritated here to be honest. Is there no one else that uses mega on a daily basis that would like to share their opinion?

clip
26-03-2014, 10:46 AM
The advantage is box/dropbox/skydrive/google drive is that they don't have the possibility of being immediately shut down with no chance to get your data back with no warning, hanging over their heads

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 10:46 AM
yeah as if that's gonna happen to mega.co.nz they have done nothing wrong they operator as the others do.

Balance
26-03-2014, 10:47 AM
NO HE DIDNT < never was a major/decent sized S Her in TRS.

There have been millions of shares exchanging hands ion the last month.

Guess who would have been buying?

clip
26-03-2014, 10:47 AM
yeah as if that's gonna happen to mega.co.nz they have done nothing wrong they operator as the others do.

By KDC's account megaupload.com was not doing anything wrong either and look where that got him.

You disagree that free data is good but not for profits - you say the reason you don't use box/dropbox etc is that they don't offer enough free data for you, at 10gb. Mega offers 50gb free data. How much are you paying to mega to use it? Nothing I expect. Mega will attract a large number of users who want up to 50gb free, and no more, that's why they are using it - because they do not want to pay. People who are happy to pay a bit more for over 10gb, without the possible risk/hangups that mega has hanging over it, will pay for those services

SimonHouse
26-03-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm getting a bit irritated here to be honest. Is there no one else that uses mega on a daily basis that would like to share their opinion?

Maybe there's your answer.

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 10:49 AM
200 millions a year and another billion dollar company on the rise.

clip
26-03-2014, 10:51 AM
200 millions a year and another billion dollar company on the rise.

This is exactly what megaupload was as well. I'm not saying mega isn't/won't be profitable, i'm saying you'd have to be blind to ignore the facts

whatsup
26-03-2014, 10:56 AM
There have been millions of shares exchanging hands ion the last month.

Guess who would have been buying?

WRONG< SO VERY WRONG he has been always in MEGA, so why bother with TRS !!

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Apparently from this thread we have come up with this: Giving 50GB FREE when your competition gives only 2.5GB - 15GB FREE is a big mistake.

Everyone agrees?

In my opinion there's too many people here that lack experience with these sorts of products and probably need to be schooled in the whole internet and cloud storage business. All you know about mega is what you read of KDC in the newspapers.

Good luck to everyone who is in it and holding and or considering buying in. Well done.

blocker3
26-03-2014, 11:10 AM
I told my wife about this share. In the other room on her laptop she was in at .014 and out at .018 a few minutes ago.
Core blimey

blah
26-03-2014, 11:28 AM
The problems with online cloud storage are that:

1. There is competition. Some competitors are quite large.
2. Many of the products are offered for free... that sounds to me like low switching costs. Means that do something bad, people will switch.

Getting a large number of visitors/users is potentially good, albeit at a cost to the company. There is the potential to serve ads to these visitors - so not necessarily a bad thing in the long run.

I have personally used MEGA before (downloading, not uploading) and I have found it amazingly fast - faster than the speeds I can get through torrenting on my fibre connection. The downloading procedure is quite different to what I have seen before though... Rather than have the download progress counted in the browser's download manager, it does it on the browser page. Sort of like downloading in the webpage, then when it is complete only does it dump the entire file in one quick go to your computer. Certainly interesting and gets me wondering how it works / the advantages/disadvantages of this...

couta1
26-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Might be bold and have a play once it bottoms out,may bounce again after that?

BIRMANBOY
26-03-2014, 11:49 AM
What a classic...watching this is more entertaining than working that's for sure.

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 11:50 AM
BRIMANBOY haha I know! think I'm about to get fired.

BIRMANBOY
26-03-2014, 11:54 AM
You and others...moosie must have his laptop hidden under the cistern lid in the loo. Having some "dodgy curry" issues he says .....!

whatsup
26-03-2014, 12:03 PM

S P sorry to hear that, hope that it does not happen.

Harvey Specter
26-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Apparently from this thread we have come up with this: Giving 50GB FREE when your competition gives only 2.5GB - 15GB FREE is a big mistake.

Everyone agrees?Free storage is a marketing cost. It is only worthwhile if it converts people to paying. The problem is freeloading - if you provide to much, then they never need to upgrade. It can be good but only if you have a good conversion rate. The 'Freemium' model is well know. The issue is not will you get lots of users, it is whether you will convert enought to a profit position before you run out of cash.

Question - at what point will you upgrade to a paid account?

couta1
26-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Looks like 1c the bottom for now,I've got a bid on at 0.6c for a few:cool:

Harvey Specter
26-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Everyone agrees?Where is SurferSteve when you need him.

robbo24
26-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Looks like 1c the bottom for now,I've got a bid on at 0.6c for a few:cool:

On what basis do you derive a figure of .6 cents as an appropriate bid?

I would like anyone who bought at 1.9 cents to identify themselves and explain their reasoning too please.

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 12:32 PM
When I filled the 50GBs. That's not the point, the point is that you want minions to log onto your site because there's a number of different things you could do to get money out of that alone. KDC advertised his bs album on the download pages - as a skin on both sides. There's a framework for ads to be placed there.

I actually have a 500GB pro account with them. That's because I got 5 times more the space than what dropbox offered me for the same price.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not in the practice of getting ripped off.

couta1
26-03-2014, 12:33 PM

I would like anyone who bought at 1.9 cents to identify themselves and explain their reasoning too please.
Just assuming its going to bounce up and down a bit over the next while so for a trade I feel comfortable buying at that price,cheers

blocker3
26-03-2014, 01:32 PM

I do not think that you will get a response here.Good luck

Harvey Specter
26-03-2014, 01:38 PM
I actually have a 500GB pro account with them. That's because I got 5 times more the space than what dropbox offered me for the same price.Good to know. I also assume it is the cheapest provider of 500GB? and if another provider became cheaper, would you switch. At some point, there has to be a lock in effect at which it is more hassle to transfer to a different service. Maybe Mega got it right at 50GB as 2GB definitely wouldn't lock you in.

Cobber
26-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Good to know. I also assume it is the cheapest provider of 500GB? and if another provider became cheaper, would you switch. At some point, there has to be a lock in effect at which it is more hassle to transfer to a different service. Maybe Mega got it right at 50GB as 2GB definitely wouldn't lock you in.

At this point Dropbox has the lock in effect. Most of the advertising industry and their clients use Dropbox. Trying to move this eco-system over to another provider would be a huge hassle. Educating clients on how to use Dropbox shared files was a process in themselves.

Secondly, my corporate clients are just NOT going to risk their jobs/business by having their files stored with Kim.com

Governments cared less about shutting him down once before.... with the way the NSA is spying on everyone.... I don't think they would have any issue's trying to take him down again.

Harvey Specter
26-03-2014, 02:00 PM
The CEO says there is no intention/need to raise more capital (though they may do a SPP for TRS shareholders to get a marketable size).
The CEO says he is not aware of anyone wanting to sell.

So why list?

Investors - Do you trust management?
Traders - have fun!

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 02:31 PM
At the end of the day for me it's all about space and speed. I do not need to download a windows client as I can just as easily have it opened in my browser, which, is always opened now-a-days anyway. And that my files are encrypted and for my eyes only SHOULD BE is a given. Same thing with my mobile, I do not have a need for it on my phone either.

I find that my files just get bigger as well and I'm just a visual designer. Some of my photoshop files end up being 2-4GB. A Website re-design can end up being 2GB of 10-20 illustrator and websites tend to have plenty of changes and corrections to them files I'd hate to think how much space a motion-graphic artist needs, one thing is for sure everyone knows a graphic designer now-a-days.

If another provider became cheaper, would you switch. <-- not sure it would have to a good increase.

Difference between 100GB and 500GB is huge for the same price. It almost makes it seem like Dropbox are currently ripping people off which is not the greatest look... and if it looks like they are ripping people off they probably are.

But hey as Copper says, if you can skip teaching clients how to 'click on shared folders' to be able to view it over again then I guess it's worth keeping 5 times less space for the same price? Right.

You talk about not wanting to risk client's files. So please could you justify FBI shutting down mega.co.nz and not dropbox.com right now? Go on, I can wait.

It actually sounds like a lot of you people are just burning with hate for KDC. Hence your views stated here are pretty ****ing skewed when it comes to the actual product to be honest.

Banksie
26-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Difference between 100GB and 500GB is huge for the same price.

Google are already cheaper - offering 1TB for $9.99 USD.

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375123?hl=en

clip
26-03-2014, 02:49 PM
It actually sounds like a lot of you people are just burning with hate for KDC. Hence your views stated here are pretty ****ing skewed when it comes to the actual product to be honest.

I don't think many people are, we are just overtly aware that America (the parts of it that count - hollywood & congress) are burning with hate for KDC and are doing their level best to get him & his assets

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Banksie that's a pretty sweet deal.

Cobber
26-03-2014, 02:54 PM
At the end of the day for me it's all about space and speed. I do not need to download a windows client as I can just as easily have it opened in my browser, which, is always opened now-a-days anyway. And that my files are encrypted and for my eyes only SHOULD BE is a given. Same thing with my mobile, I do not have a need for it on my phone either.

I find that my files just get bigger as well and I'm just a visual designer. Some of my photoshop files end up being 2-4GB. A Website re-design can end up being 2GB of 10-20 illustrator and websites tend to have plenty of changes and corrections to them files I'd hate to think how much space a motion-graphic artist needs, one thing is for sure everyone knows a graphic designer now-a-days.

If another provider became cheaper, would you switch. <-- not sure it would have to a good increase.

Difference between 100GB and 500GB is huge for the same price. It almost makes it seem like Dropbox are currently ripping people off which is not the greatest look... and if it looks like they are ripping people off they probably are.

But hey as Copper says, if you can skip teaching clients how to 'click on shared folders' to be able to view it over again then I guess it's worth keeping 5 times less space for the same price? Right.

You talk about not wanting to risk client's files. So please could you justify FBI shutting down mega.co.nz and not dropbox.com right now? Go on, I can wait.

I don't need to justify it. It happened. Whether it was right or wrong is irrelevant. People lost their data.

Why should they risk hosting their data with you??

In the corporate world, the costs involved are quite irrelevant. It's all about risk. Having a shareholder up for charges in Australia doesn't help your cause either.

Cobber
26-03-2014, 03:03 PM

I also disagree that people are burning with hate for KDC. The people on here are investors. MEGA is listing on the stock exchange, a place where people invest. So excuse everyone for pulling your product apart and asking some tough questions.

Unlike the dot.com mansion you won't find a lot of yes-men around here.

You still haven't disclosed why your listing when you aren't seeking any capital and haven't placed any restrictions on existing shareholders from selling for a set period of time.

No numbers around the business have been provided either. The product may be great.... but for all we know if could be another MySpace.

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 03:04 PM
mega.co.nz and megaupload are 2 completely different sites.

US still has to justify shutting down megaupload like they did - which they don't want to disclose.

I can only imagine what a bunch of circus **** will go down if KDC actually gets extradited - because til now it's all just a big embarrassment for the US.

clip
26-03-2014, 03:10 PM
^ They have more than enough reason to extradite KDC. I did not believe it until I saw a summary of evidence against him some time ago, I will try find it again after work, proves beyond reasonable doubt that he is guilty under the charges lain against him

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 03:14 PM
^ They have more than enough reason to extradite KDC. I did not believe it until I saw a summary of evidence against him some time ago, I will try find it again after work, proves beyond reasonable doubt that he is guilty under the charges lain against him

Oh yes please try and find it. I remember reading it as well but I wasn't as confident as you are about him being guilty. It seemed more like he was the best choice for a target.

robbo24
26-03-2014, 03:17 PM

Well that's that then, case closed. Clip has come to his verdict.

Harvey Specter
26-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Well that's that then, case closed. Clip has come to his verdict.Maybe not but it shouws there is a case to answer, which is all that is required for extradition.

Sirprize - I look for a few things when investing
-good product (tick but lots of similar competitors)
-good business model (to be determined - conversion rate with freemium model is important, along with retention rate)
-trust management (management/directors still to be determined - will KDC be involved?)

YOu seem to be arguing on the first only. What are your thoughts on the second and third.

clip
26-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Well that's that then, case closed. Clip has come to his verdict.

I'll make sure to prefix my posts with 'in my opinion' next time just to be clear that what I am posting is my view on a subject and not a stated fact.

There's a huge number of chat logs between KDC and other directors mentioning various things about paying money to their top vietnamese illegal movie uploaders to keep them happy, to concerns about using skype as a secure method of communication, to hiding what they are doing from authorities. Pretty compelling in my opinion. I still hope he is not extradited as hopefully the mega closure is another small step in the ladder to hollywood offering us a way to pay reasonable prices to stream movies on the internet in NZ, at the same time they are available in the states a la netflix, as opposed to waiting 8 months to be able to legally hire a DVD. KDC has good policies on subjects such as these (and presents them in a very eloquent, easy to understand way, I have seen him speak on this subject) and I would hope he would not get extradited to a surely lengthy jail term for this. Doesn't change my opinion of him that he is most definitely a criminal as per the law and knowingly received profits of crime.

so it wasn't hard to find again after all, this link contains a summary and the full 191 page summary of evidence document against him. draw your own conclusions after reading http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/12/us-unveils-the-case-against-kim-dotcom-revealing-e-mails-and-financial-data/

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 03:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2rn2FQn.gif

I am just holding holding shares since yesterday and I plan on doing so for quite some time and I also use mega pretty much on a daily basis. No link to the company other than those two.

A couple of people are addressing me as tho I am in some way linked to the company - to those people I say please put that crack pipe away and or clean your monocle.

I also am a great believer that they have a very accomplished product and I couldn't wait for them to list to be honest.

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Apologies, I cannot give you a valuation such that you guys can appreciate; I don't deal with numbers, formulas and predictions.

I'm just a customer of mega's that believes that they are onto something really cool here. I was there on the Xero's thread when it was $26 arguing about why Xero's user experience and design beats intuit and other competitors.

I been using mega.co.nz since it was released and I feel and see the same thing as I did in xero. User experience is awesome.

Cut and dried that is it.

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 03:51 PM
I don't know anything about the management or do I care. I'm guessing, everyone really wants to make it work.

All I know is that a lot of investors will miss out because the people in charge of mega and trs acted like idiots but clearly have a really good thing going on.

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 04:19 PM
RAK?

Show me 2 products and I can tell you which one is worth more.

I don't know anything about Rod Drury other than he is Captain Xero. I praised Xero's product for its spot on user experience and look although that is because of more people than just Rod.

Once you have a great product, it becomes easy to manage - it can even manage itself.

http://i.imgur.com/kz7Tmst.gif

Cobber
26-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Wow, this is so much better than the SNK thread.

By June, we could actually know who has the most revenue/profit.... SNK or Mega.

My pick would be VML and GEO would be fighting for 3rd and 4th position.

Thoughts??

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 04:58 PM
OK mate, I can see where you are coming from. Looks like it's best not to waste any time trying to have a reasonable conversation with you. Good luck with your investments, something tells me you will need it.
Oh what. That actually hurt a little.

couta1
26-03-2014, 05:05 PM
A lot of resistance at that 1c level,moved my bid for a Mill up from 0.6 and no match 2.3 mill odd at that price so will be interesting tomorrow

whatsup
26-03-2014, 05:11 PM
With this morning action investors must be really happy/please with their investment decision as there is no wholesale dumping of shares at whatever price this afternoon, TRS/Mega has IMO settled down into what should be a trading pattern of .009--.013/4 until a business profile is released when the fireworks will start, climb on board for more or dump, its hard to believe that this business is punter valued at A BILLION $s!
The May S Hers meeting will be very keenly look forward to and attended, until that time there will be good trading opportunities imo.

stoploss
26-03-2014, 05:14 PM
A lot of resistance at that 1c level,moved my bid for a Mill up from 0.6 and no match 2.3 mill odd at that price so will be interesting tomorrow

That would probably be support on the way down ....just wondering how much are you trying to make in this stock ? Why not match the seller @ 1.2 ?

Leftfield
26-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Interesting Press Release from Google today… they are reducing their Cloud storage prices by 68%. Here's what they said;

"The original promise of cloud computing was simple: virtualize hardware, pay only for what you use, with no upfront capital expenditures and lower prices than on-premise solutions. But pricing hasn’t followed Moore's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law): over the past five years, hardware costs improved by 20-30% annually but public cloud prices fell at just 8% per year.

We think cloud pricing should track Moore’s Law, so we’re simplifying and reducing prices for our various on-demand, pay-as-you-go services by 30-85%:

Cloud Storage (https://cloud.google.com/products/cloud-storage) is now priced at a consistent 2.6 cents per GB. That’s roughly 68% less for most customers."

Cobber
26-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Anyone investing should read this :

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/trs-shareholder-paul-choiselat-mum-support-mega-reverse-listing-bd-153752

Cobber
26-03-2014, 05:39 PM

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/trs-shareholder-paul-choiselat-mum-support-mega-reverse-listing-bd-153752

couta1
26-03-2014, 05:45 PM
That would probably be support on the way down ....just wondering how much are you trying to make in this stock ? Why not match the seller @ 1.2 ?
I'd be happy with a .002 difference that's reasonable profit on a Million shares,don't want to pay more than a cent if I can help it,1.2 cuts it too fine for me,cheers

Copper
26-03-2014, 06:36 PM

I have been watching the thread for a day or so and all I can say it's a bit like
MH370..A lot of speculation,reasoned comment ,crap and in the end nothing of substance has eventuated.If the guy that holds the key in the listing vehicle does a wobbly,what next.???

whatsup
26-03-2014, 06:43 PM

OLD news at lunch time today, there will be all sorts of articles out there but MEGA will be judged on its business plan, REMEMBER THAT ZERO WAS $1.35 odd for 3 years and going no where until it got its act and traction together.

clip
26-03-2014, 06:48 PM
In other news, if Paul Choiselat took of his glasses he could pass as Mr Bean

SirPrize
26-03-2014, 08:48 PM
In other news, if Paul Choiselat took of his glasses he could pass as Mr Bean

http://i.imgur.com/tPqEWPb.gif

Cobber
26-03-2014, 10:11 PM
I have been watching the thread for a day or so and all I can say it's a bit like
MH370..A lot of speculation,reasoned comment ,crap and in the end nothing of substance has eventuated.If the guy that holds the key in the listing vehicle does a wobbly,what next.???

Why wasn't he consulted in the first place? He owns 73% of the stock. They need 75% for the deal to go through. If he throughs a wobbly, then Mega is back to square one. Maybe this was all some big game to establish publicity for the launch of the Internet Party. I wouldn't put it past them. And in the process, make some coin out of it.

Also looks like the big guy decided to out his Nazi collection. I noticed Whale Oil alluding to it a week ago but I didn't really think it could be true.

Could you write a better script than this?? There must be a movie coming in a few years.....

Cobber
26-03-2014, 10:39 PM
I don't like Dotcom, but who cares? I collect WWII memorobilia and have both Nazi and Soviet items.

You're not running for government though. Do we really need this kind of idealogy in our political system?

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/03/real-secret-life-kim-dotcom-seig-heil-mein-kampf-nazi-flags-admiration-adolf-hitler/

Balance
26-03-2014, 10:59 PM
You're not running for government though. Do we really need this kind of idealogy in our political system?

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/2014/03/real-secret-life-kim-dotcom-seig-heil-mein-kampf-nazi-flags-admiration-adolf-hitler/

KD will be promising free internet for everyone - as much as you can use.

And enough New Zealanders will fall for it - just as those who voted Muldoon because he promised free superannuation and Helen because she promised interest free student loans.

New Zealanders are like that.

shonen knife
26-03-2014, 11:13 PM

By owning a book it doesn't mean he subscribes to the contents. But I will admit, I would question why anyone would want to own it, especially a signed copy.

He says the below...

“The Whaleoil piece, timed as it was to coincide with the call for members for the Internet Party, demonstrates the bad faith and fear of the Key machine.

I am a big fan of the gaming franchise Call of Duty, early instalments of which are set during World War II, and at one point I bought Josef Stalin’s pen, Winston Churchill’s cigar-holder and a copy of Mein Kampf signed by Adolf Hitler.

This was my motivation for the purchase. If this abject lie of Whaleoil is not enough to demonstrate the fictional nature of the recent attacks on me, nothing is.”

robbo24
26-03-2014, 11:24 PM
OLD news at lunch time today, there will be all sorts of articles out there but MEGA will be judged on its business plan, REMEMBER THAT ZERO WAS $1.35 odd for 3 years and going no where until it got its act and traction together.

Yes, "Zero".

Can you please explain some more about the comparisons between TRS (which may end up as Mega) and "Zero"?

I for one am very interested in what you have to say.

Vince
26-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Folks,

Very friendly reminder, - if you have anything to do with Mega either directly or by another means and you have a financial interest in Mega, you should not be posting on here.

If people intend to post in that capacity, please disclose your association. There are Laws about this sort of thing. If unsure, please visit the FMA website.

1st strike...

Regards,
Vince

nextbigthing
26-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Vince, we all appreciate the endless work you do on here, and the c$ap you have to put up with! But when you make these generic warnings it puts everyone under suspicion and IMHO if anything harms the forum. Name the person so we can take their posts with a grain of salt! (Applies to other threads too!!!)

Otherwise keep up the good work!

Balance
27-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Do you really think he has a snowballs chance at 5% though Balance? I'd be willing to bet on it!

I say bring Bill andBen back. I usually vote for the lesser of all evils. They're pretty damnharmless if you ask me, AND have a better chance of meeting the threshold!

Does not need 5% if that *anker Hone does a deal.

Look at the Green Party abandoning its principles to try and get into power - poor Jeanette Fitzsimons must be wondering why she bothered building up the Green Party to be hijacked now by that carpetbagger poser from the land of convict heritage.

Harvey Specter
27-03-2014, 07:09 AM
I say bring Bill andBen back. I usually vote for the lesser of all evils. They're pretty damnharmless if you ask me, AND have a better chance of meeting the threshold!you wouldn't say that if you knew why Bill dropped off the radar so quickly but I digress.

Re KDC: it will be interesting to see what policies they announce today. Given Key has a Jewish background, KDC willing to do anything to get rid of him takes on new meaning

Re TRS: surprised it closed up 10% yesterday

Banksie
27-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Moosie is there something you need to tell us?

couta1
27-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Going to be a nice big red arrow tomorrow. Have fun with that :)
Not sure about that big red arrow,looks to be opening higher at this point,anyway i wont be buying over a cent

SirPrize
27-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Could someone please explain why there's a buyer for 10,000 TRS shares @ $0.040 at the moment? Saw the same thing yesterday...

Harvey Specter
27-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Could someone please explain why there's a buyer for 10,000 TRS shares @ $0.040 at the moment? Saw the same thing yesterday...Because when the match orders at open, they will be first in the que and get whatever price the match price.

Cobber
27-03-2014, 09:26 AM
...hijacked now by that carpetbagger poser from the land of convict heritage.

Easy tiger. Some of us are good carpetbaggers from the land of convicts.

couta1
27-03-2014, 09:28 AM
I went back and had a look over the thread. Not sure there is too much there in support of TRS/MEGA, so will be interesting to see who is and isnt around on the thread today.

The bit I loved the most was this though (sorry couta :()
Yes very funny but at that stage we all thought that price was insane little did we know it was going to hit1.9c:scared:

couta1
27-03-2014, 10:05 AM
By the way, just a little word of warning for those using DB. Yesterday I purchased at market open using DB, I wanted to sell almost straight away (I put in a sell order at 1.9c) BUT it seems DB take a while to process those successful bids and my sell order got declined. I ended up getting out at 1.6 which was basically the first chance I had to sell once my buy had gone through. Was a bit of a bugger cause IF my sell had of registered successfully it would have gone through and my % gain would have been 58% instead of 33%.

Just something to be aware of when using DB to trade.
Seems to depend on how busy they are at any given time,can also work in your favor at times I've found

milt1968
27-03-2014, 10:05 AM
When are all the financials etc going to be released?

clip
27-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Same happened to me when I bought TRS, haven't had much problems with other stocks - potentially due to the extreme volume going through TRS in a short period of time (for NZX standards?) it was taking a while for them to process things

SirPrize
27-03-2014, 10:12 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11227077

Could get pretty interesting if KDC doesn't get extradited instead gets a seat in the parliament. Would probably make most of your faces go blue.

I wonder how hard it would be for the Internet Party to get those 500 buys of their app considering he has 355K followers on twitter.

clip
27-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Could get pretty interesting if KDC doesn't get extradited instead gets a seat in the parliament. Would probably make most of your faces go blue.

Not speaking on behalf of anyone but I imagine you'd find most people here don't care what happens to KDC but will watch with amusement as it goes either way, they more care about watching what is going to happen with TRS/MEGA

SirPrize
27-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Would there be no impact on the way investors view mega.co.nz if KDC's Internet Party gains ground?

clip
27-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Would there be no impact on the way investors view mega.co.nz if KDC's Internet Party gains ground?

I feel that KDC's political progress does not make up for the fact that megaupload.com was closed down with no warning, and does not make it any more likely that it will change people's perspective that mega WON'T be shut down with no warning, so no I don't think that is pertinent. The company structure of backdoor listing, dodgy directors, shares being held in Mona's name etc rings warning bells regardless of how KDC fares

SirPrize
27-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Ah I see.

Besides being a founder does he have any other role in that Internet Party?

stoploss
27-03-2014, 10:42 AM

The closer he gets to parliament ( and I understand he can't actually stand ) possibly the poorer the share price performance.......The reasoning behind this is politicians in NZ have a very poor record when it comes to being involved with publicly listed companies..... DYOR.

Harvey Specter
27-03-2014, 10:58 AM
I feel that KDC's political progress does not make up for the fact that megaupload.com was closed down with no warning, and does not make it any more likely that it will change people's perspective that mega WON'T be shut down with no warning, so no I don't think that is pertinent. The company structure of backdoor listing, dodgy directors, shares being held in Mona's name etc rings warning bells regardless of how KDC faresyip - backdoor listings aren't really designed for such a large listing.

Besides being a founder does he have any other role in that Internet Party?He will no doubt have a say in its policies, espeically its main policy of do anything to remove John Key (despite the fact any other PM would have done the same thing he did).

couta1
27-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Momentum severely lacking as 1.3 is capped. Wait for 11am for the daily sell down again, cannot see how this level will last at all...
No sell down yet Moosie,seems tight at the moment,not worth trading:cool:

SirPrize
27-03-2014, 11:33 AM
https://internet.org.nz/

Doesn't get funnier than this. Watch the videos.

whatsup
27-03-2014, 11:44 AM

Cob, KDC has NO SHOW with the election just so much noise , who does he appeal to voter wise, the gamers ( who do not vote !) he would be better to stick to his business model.

Harvey Specter
27-03-2014, 11:49 AM

Doesn't get funnier than this. Watch the videos.Good to see he is taking it seriously.

stoploss
27-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Think we should all band together and make a stock market-oriented party called Party Like it's 1999 Party :p

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today......

Balance
27-03-2014, 12:51 PM

I am sold!

Let's party!

Cobber
27-03-2014, 12:55 PM

Classic video. Would be great to be a fly on the wall when John Key watches this.

Banksie
27-03-2014, 12:58 PM
NZSA rings warning bell on Mega
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/9875040/NZSA-rings-warning-bell-on-Mega (http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/9875040/NZSA-rings-warning-bell-on-Mega)

couta1
27-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Reminds me of the Metallica song 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' one line goes ,Gone insane from the pain that they will surely know.Ding Dong anyone:cool:

clip
27-03-2014, 01:54 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/9875040/NZSA-rings-warning-bell-on-Mega (http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/9875040/NZSA-rings-warning-bell-on-Mega)

I think that reporter needs to check their figures

"Over half a million shares have traded since the announcement TRS plans to issue 700 million shares to buy Mega valuing Mega at $210 million."

over 3 million today, let alone the 40m+ the last couple of days!

Hoop
27-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Don't think so...many took a small$ raffle..
.......Its the way the NZX market is behavouring..Its exciting...The market is operating exactly how it should be....... and best yet the Old School Powers of B are taking a free market approach and not putting TRS in suspension with the lame excuse "for the moral good"

Oh...dear oh dear oh dear :(
Job creation.....wet nurses needed !!!
probably need at least 30 for the NZX ..a hundred or so for ASX.....

whatsup
27-03-2014, 02:14 PM
I think that reporter needs to check their figures

"Over half a million shares have traded since the announcement TRS plans to issue 700 million shares to buy Mega valuing Mega at $210 million."

over 3 million today, let alone the 40m+ the last couple of days!

42 mil, traded Tuesday 25/3/14

29 mil Traded Weds 26/3

7 mil Traded so far today !

Wheres the 1/2 mill traded ?

robbo24
27-03-2014, 02:16 PM
42 mil, Tuesday 25/3/14

29 mil Weds 26/3

7 mil so far today !

Divide the amount of TRS shares by 148.

There's your half a mill.

Harvey Specter
27-03-2014, 02:44 PM
I think that reporter needs to check their figuresNot surprising. Most of them got the timing of the share consolidation wrong as well - it is BEFORE the issue of 700m at 30c, not after.

May partly explain why some fool bought at 1.9c valuing Mega at $1.9B

whatsup
27-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Divide the amount of TRS shares by 148.

There's your half a mill.

THAT has yet to be agreed to !

whatsup
27-03-2014, 02:56 PM
not surprising. Most of them got the timing of the share consolidation wrong as well - it is before the issue of 700m at 30c, not after.

May partly explain why some fool bought at 1.9c valuing mega at $1.9b

+ + ouch !!

robbo24
27-03-2014, 02:59 PM
THAT has yet to be agreed to !

I am aware of this - but if you add up the shares traded:

42 mil, traded Tuesday 25/3/14

29 mil Traded Weds 26/3

7 mil Traded so far today !

You get 78 million.

78 million / 148 = .52 million.

I think we can all agree that the reporter may have screwed it up.

Or were they talking about dollars???? LOL:eek2:

whatsup
27-03-2014, 03:02 PM
I am aware of this - but if you add up the shares traded:

You get 78 million.

78 million / 148 = .52 million.

I think we can all agree that the reporter may have screwed it up.

Or were they talking about dollars???? LOL:eek2:

Only he/she knows !

J R Ewing
27-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Bottom line though, regardless of the details, the warning message is a necessary one if the 1.9c high yesterday is anything to go on....

Not necessarily. The buyer at 1.9c might be an investor that simply follows the charts/trends - leaving valuations and other fundamentals to the market. They might have simply read the chart and figured it was headed for 3c. Who would know?

Banksie
27-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Not necessarily. The buyer at 1.9c might be an investor that simply follows the charts/trends - leaving valuations and other fundamentals to the market. They might have simply read the chart and figured it was headed for 3c. Who would know?

Come on mate what chart would show that? These are just idjits hoping to make money out of bigger idjits.

J R Ewing
27-03-2014, 04:11 PM
I'm not saying it was sound buy at 1.9c, but I don't see the need to "protect" anyone from buying at that level simply because they MAYBE they don't understand that 1.9c probably values MEGA at $2 billion. Just read this thread, several claim have got in and out with a profit when both their buy and sell points could well be regarded as unsound from a fundamental point of view. Basically, it doesn't matter what the implied valuation of Mega is, if you can get out at a higher price than you paid that's a successful trade, isn't it? You just don't want to be the one holding the shares when the music stops - at 1.9c in this case.

Banksie, I agree "idjits hoping to make money out of bigger idjits". But if it worked buying at 1.3 and selling at 1.9, who could truly tell that there weren't enough idjits to drive it higher still?

Snow Leopard
27-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Come on mate what chart would show that? These are just idjits hoping to make money out of bigger idjits.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. What chart would signal a buy at that point JR? more importantly what chart would have signaled a buy at 1.9c but not before 1.9c?

IF there is such a chart, I might suggest you throw that one out of the tool kit ;)

The chart that would have shown that was the then current chart showing a nice rise to 1.9c from 1.0c on the day after the rise to and close at 1.0c the previous day.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Disc: do not hold and never have held TRS.

robbo24
27-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Disc: do not hold and never have held TRS.

What's your take, Tig?

Do you want to hold? ;)

J R Ewing
27-03-2014, 04:48 PM

If KDC is going to get a proxy or two into parliament, he must think that there are plenty of idjits out there - maybe even 5% :)

Balance
27-03-2014, 04:51 PM
If KDC is going to get a proxy or two into parliament, he must think that there are plenty of idjits out there - maybe even 5% :)

Based upon people being prepared to pay 1.9c for TRS, there are indeed enough idiots out there to give the Internet Party 5% !!!!

Snow Leopard
27-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Not worth discussing really. I'm just surprised someone using TA would have held out to purchase at 1.9c rather than buying sometime earlier...

...Not saying don't buy, just saying make sure you got the details right before buying (PT you seemed to be suggesting the same thing over the last couple days if memory serves me right??)

tumeric - there are many different ways of playing this game and you have to consider that one or more buyers at 1.9c was buying earlier at lower levels as well and then got out asap when it turned. Other buyers at 1.9c just lost money (so far).

What's your take, Tig?

Do you want to hold? ;)

Do I want to hold? Currently a definite NO.

Whilst I have said before it is impossible to predict with this kind of stock which will be winners and losers down the line and that a possible strategy is to punt on a number of such stocks (just like oil/gas/rock explorers really), I will let the dust settle (and this thread go quiet :)) before making a decision.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Snow Leopard
27-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Oh boy, not sure how many different ways I have to say, that was not my point PT, but anyway, yes I understand what you are saying :)

I apologise - your initial point was essentially that of buyer beware?

One of the interesting things is that people have focused on this 30c (and $210M) valuation. Given that no actual money would be involved in TRS buying Mega they just create some new 'currency' then even buying TRS at 0.1c a share was essentially totally speculative (even assuming it goes ahead etc).

Lunch time here - Time for a snack :mellow:.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

winner69
27-03-2014, 07:51 PM
No worries, yeah that was essentially what I was saying.

Yeah the 30c thing was something many didnt seem to get their heads around at first, but Harvey and one or two others seemed to clear that up earlier in the thread.

So the main question is what is the value of Mega? Is it even worth speculating before info is provided?

At this stage IF you were to speculate via buying TRS shares, surely you would want to take into account the added risks of 1) not knowing the financials yet 2) the potential that the deal will fold 3) the dubious characters that are involved in this deal and 4) some kind of generic margin of safety discount.

Taking those 4 risks/discounts into account, IF I felt comfortable speculating on Mega's value at this point in time, I think I would want to be buying with at least a 10% discount for each of the 4 points above (i.e. roughly a 40% discount to what my estimated valuation of Mega would be).

All that being said, I am not comfortable at all estimating a value for Mega so kinda irrelevant for me. Maybe worth considering for others though if they are keen on buying?

MEGA is worth megabucks in my opinion

Megabucks less 40% for the risk involved is heaps of bucks

Heaps of bucks divided by zillions of shares on offer makes TRS/MEGA worth at least $3 post consolidation .... maybe more .... heck XRO is $44 bucks

Balance
27-03-2014, 08:16 PM
MEGA is worth megabucks in my opinion

Megabucks less 40% for the risk involved is heaps of bucks

Heaps of bucks divided by zillions of shares on offer makes TRS/MEGA worth at least $3 post consolidation .... maybe more .... heck XRO is $44 bucks

You are dead wrong, W69.

Sorrow to correct you but Mega is worth at least $5 billion at least - $250m of earnings and a PER of 20 times conservatively. :D

Hope you took the opportunity in this void of information to pick yourself up some of them beauties.

Be feasting and dancing in the Bahamas soon with my 1m shares. :D