PDA

View Full Version : Reputation - just how often can you give someone reputation

Snow Leopard
27-03-2014, 07:10 PM
So I keep getting this little message:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to X again".

Just how many reputations do I have to to hand out before X can get what they deserve (I only hand out good rep)?

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

PS I thought they was a thread on reputation already but I could not find it.

Vince
27-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Hi PT,

Right, it works a little like this...

If you give reputation to a person, either good or bad, you can only give reputation to that person once you have added reputation to another 10 people. This save's picking on people.

Also the higher reputation the 'giver' has, impacts on the targets reputation. i.e. a new member only has Herring to slap someone across the face but an established member has a Blue Fin Tuna to slap someone across the chops with.

Hope that helps explain a little... and BTW I can adjust the reputation to suit. Would you prefer it was dropped down to say 5?

Regards,
Vince

Snow Leopard
27-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Thanks Vince for the explanation

I have a list of the last ten people I gave reputation to so basically if they are on the list then I can not re-rep them.

Might be better if I become even more liberal in handing out peace and goodwill (pick your game up posters!) rather than cutting the 'diversity count'.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

Vince
27-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Ok, I've cut it down to 5 as the spread to see how that goes...

BIRMANBOY
28-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks for reminding me.....
http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCcQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIhJ Qp-q1Y1s&ei=4_I0U9mgL4GglAX9soCADw&usg=AFQjCNFJHZZ4IXGd2Bb9pFK4d6Ht12XcNA

Hi PT,

Right, it works a little like this...

If you give reputation to a person, either good or bad, you can only give reputation to that person once you have added reputation to another 10 people. This save's picking on people.

Also the higher reputation the 'giver' has, impacts on the targets reputation. i.e. a new member only has Herring to slap someone across the face but an established member has a Blue Fin Tuna to slap someone across the chops with.

Hope that helps explain a little... and BTW I can adjust the reputation to suit. Would you prefer it was dropped down to say 5?

Regards,
Vince

Snow Leopard
29-03-2014, 12:25 PM
So the irony of all this, apart from missing the original fish slapping dance reference, is that I can no longer remember which post I wanted to rep!

Still I am sure the opportunity will reappear shortly.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger