PDA

View Full Version : Computershare

Jay
08-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Anyone having problems with computershare site

Made life very difficult to log in now.
Have been trying to the last 3-4 days and I keep losing my internet connection when I try - just sits and waiting for login.computershare,com or similar. Seems to take it down

Internet connection OK otherwise as per typing this question

karen1
10-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Jay, I suspect you are far from alone in your frustrations with the much trumpeted ‘improved and easier’ new Computershare website. It has never been particularly user friendly, always slow to log in and move around in, by comparison to Link in particular.

The latest NZ Shareholders Assn newsletter has a lengthy and comprehensive article on the frustrations of using the ‘new’ Comp. website, mentioning amongst other things that DRP instructions are now found in ‘my profile’ and once found the stocks are not even in alpha order!

If you want to check tax on a stock, you can only do one at a time, whereas in Link you can bring up a list of all stocks, with a good layout of all payments, tax, credits, net/gross, easily copied and pasted elsewhere, brilliant for end of year. Computershare has no equivalent. And, in Comp.share, if you move to download a remittance advice, don’t even bother clicking on ‘more details’ as the result is an extremely poor layout. Instead, click on ‘dividends and payments’ under the stock you want, which will give you the correct pdf format.

The NZSA article mentions not having the design depth or planning to represent a significant step forward. And that most bank websites are more user friendly, and the Comp.share site is woefully short of useful information for any shareholder who is maintaining a moderate portfolio. Personally, I feel that is very restrained!

Six days out, I am still awaiting a reply from Computershare regarding my thoughts on the 'new and improved' site! Says it all really, they don't give a damn about the end user. I suggest you try your luck though, and it perhaps wouldn't hurt to drop a line to NZSA, as they would be interested to know investors thoughts, I'm sure.

Banksie
10-04-2014, 09:27 AM
And don't try logging in on a different computer because you will need to remember the answers to one of those 3 security questions you set - I sent them this email on Monday and still no response.

While I applaud your efforts to upgrade the security on your investor services - I am finding it frustrating to use.

You see, I cannot remember what my favourite animal is, much like I can't remember my favourite colour, the first-girl-I-kissed's name, or my favourite toy. These type of security questions are very subjective and not important details in my life. So I forget.

I do remember things like my maternal grandfather's name as it is objective and unchanging. (Although my wife's paternal grandfather's first dog's name is probably something I wouldn't remember either.)

I seem to recall that two of the three security questions were of the objective type (see I haven't totally succumbed to dementia) but the problem is the site keeps banging on about this poor animal that is clearly no longer in my good books.

Please could you instruct your login service to ask me one of the other questions - alternatively send me a procedure for resetting the questions.

karen1
10-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Banksie, I wasn't going to go there, don't get me started!

Have to wonder what set the site off on such a ludicrous procedure, were they hacked? Or is it more likely that someone is justifying their existence/job?

I think I've aged considerably in the last few attempts at getting around Computershare, pent up anger/frustration is not good for the health.

Good luck in getting a response to your message in a decent timeframe, I better get mine before you get yours though! The acknowledgement on 4 April said they would respond as soon as possible???

Sadly, I don't think we will see any improvements sometime soon. Pity, as if it weren't for investors, where would they be?

Jay
10-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Yeah have to agree the layout of the Dividends etc, well the whole site actually .
Managed to log in Via Firefox - as mentioned IE seems to lose the internet connection - might think about switching fulltime to it, as another site does not work for either under Win7 and IE 11 - iheart radio - emailed them, told me to send them this that and the other then do this and that - didn't fix it.

Found out about that the different computer thing Banksie - managed to log on at work (Win7 via VDI and IE 8 - shhh don't tell the boss) - not sure if the answers have to be eactly the same, ie did I use a captital for the first letter etc etc.

Smae you can't pick your Share registry like you can your broker! Just depends on what compnaies you buy!

May send them both something Karen, thanks for the suggestion

G on
10-04-2014, 10:07 AM
The problem I have when I log in is that it doesn't recognise my listings of share holdings in "portfolio" stating I have no holdings but I can access through single holding enquiry. Rang the NZ Compshare and told it might have something to do with confirming email when registered.This may be there is a sharing problem as the same log in and passwords are used for NZ and Aus sites. As sending an email has been make almost impossible the only way is for me to phone Aus and ask what I need to do to work around it. Their security has stepped up and seems a bit OTT but I can navigate it ok.
I agree that Link is much more user friendly

stones
10-04-2014, 10:39 AM
I must add my opinion to this so called "upgrade". Link 10/10 Computershare 1/10 - though I seem to finally get there

blackcap
10-04-2014, 11:29 AM
I must add my opinion to this so called "upgrade". Link 10/10 Computershare 1/10 - though I seem to finally get there

What I find very annoying is that when I log in under the NZ site, it lists all my Australian holdings as well. But when I log in to the Australian site it only lists my Australian holdings. Is this some kind of bug? Also it is annoying to have to go 1 by 1 to get dividend info to do the IR3 tax return. But I think they (computershare) have an ulterior motive here.... recently I received an email from them stating they were willing to provide the info in summary form for a small fee of $35. No thank you!!

karen1
10-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Definitely a slow day at Computershare, has just taken 25 seconds to log in. I have added a stock to the NZ portfolio as a reminder to self. It's an NZX stock, and also appears on the ASX portfolio! Bugs, blackcap, yep, a total invasion on the whole site.

Maybe, hopefully, they will get enough complaints to make some decent changes. Would be good to see it align with Link....

The two main registries have made a charge for some years for tax summaries. One way of overcoming this is to set up a spread sheet and update each time a dividend is received. Takes discipline, I don't have it! I'm getting a round tuit one day! So once a year I set aside a couple of hours and do the exercise from scratch.

G on - I use the same login/password for both NZX/ASX and can bring up all info on both portfolios.

Jay
10-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Looks like in-house Belg, cannot see any reference to a web devleoper

Hoop
15-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Site done in-house? If not, who was the developer? Anyone know?

Someone with a bloody perverse sense of humour....I've spent about hour getting around the bugs.....I want to throttle the bastard.

Its going to be fun(not!!!) when I use my tablet or laptop..have to remember all the answers to those questions ....:(

shonen knife
15-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Gahhhhhh those pseudo-secure questions really go overboard. Why not just bite the bullet and add an option for real security like two-factor authentication via sms (it must support international sms of course).

couta1
15-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Someone with a bloody perverse sense of humour....I've spent about hour getting around the bugs.....I want to throttle the bastard.

Its going to be fun(not!!!) when I use my tablet or laptop..have to remember all the answers to those questions ....:(
Priceless Hoop,ive given up on the website,it sucks big time so now i use an 0800 number and just call if i have to

Snow Leopard
15-04-2014, 09:58 PM
No one has mentioned Penny!

Don't you love Penny?

Penny may be able to answer the questions you do not need to ask.

Penny gets rather confused if you ask her a 'hard' question.

Over thirty years ago there was a text based computer game called Adventure where you could get stuck in a "maze of twisty little passages" (you keep picking a direction to move and you are still in the maze) which played on the University mainframe computer.

Penny is the modern version.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

blackcap
16-04-2014, 12:52 AM
Priceless Hoop,ive given up on the website,it sucks big time so now i use an 0800 number and just call if i have to

Couta1, would you mind sharing that 0800 number for Computershare for us please?

couta1
16-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Couta1, would you mind sharing that 0800 number for Computershare for us please?
Will pm it to you blackcap,don't want to put it on here as its technically only mearnt to be used for contacting computershare re one company they have on their registry but I use it for all enquires

Banksie
16-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Will pm it to you blackcap,don't want to put it on here as its technically only mearnt to be used for contacting computershare re one company they have on their registry but I use it for all enquires

Well I still haven't heard back from them after emailing them a week ago. If they don't want to service their normal support channels why shouldn't the number be published for everyone?

karen1
16-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Google is your friend! Try googling computershare nz 0800 numbers, or a similar parameter, and you will come up with several 0800 numbers, each pertaining to a different stock/co. Being chargeable to someone, 0800 numbers may not be favoured by some companies, but many offer the facility.

Google, e.g., computershare nz 0800 telecom, and you will get this:

http://investor.telecom.co.nz/phoenix.zhtml?c=91956&p=irol-faq

G on
16-04-2014, 09:14 AM
I rang aus for help as I was getting hopelessly confused with the log in procedure as it was supposed to be different to log in to nz compshare.Different username but the password was the same for both. But now I log in and get aus and nz holdings on the one page!! I mentioned to the person at cpu that linkmarket doesn't require two different sets of log in and this was far less confusing than cpu set up. Within 24 hours that appears to be what has been set up. Maybe why I was having so much trouble getting in. Haven't tried since but hopefully still good!

Banksie
16-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Google is your friend!

Thanks karen, that worked a treat. Luckily one of my holdings does have an 0800 number.

McGyro
20-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Banksie, your seem to forget a lot. Have you also forgotten your meeting with Kim Dotcom? Or am I confused?

Banksie
21-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Banksie, your seem to forget a lot. Have you also forgotten your meeting with Kim Dotcom? Or am I confused?

Kim who?

<wipes manure of jacket>

Bobdn
21-06-2014, 09:50 PM
Just logged into Compushare and see that my Telecom shares are no longer listed in my portfolio. No evidence at all on the website that I've ever owned them. I've sent them an email enquiring politely where my shares might be. I have to say that this freaks me out just a little. I'll leave it a couple of days before I move into a full blown panic :)

22-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Just logged into Compushare and see that my Telecom shares are no longer listed in my portfolio. No evidence at all on the website that I've ever owned them. I've sent them an email enquiring politely where my shares might be. I have to say that this freaks me out just a little. I'll leave it a couple of days before I move into a full blown panic :)

GENERAL: TEL: Notification of Change in Share Registry 04:07p.m.
TEL
17/06/2014 16:07
GENERAL

REL: 1607 HRS Telecom Corporation of New Zealand Limited

GENERAL: TEL: Notification of Change in Share Registry

Market Release

17 June 2014

Notification of Change in Share Registry

Telecom Corporation of New Zealand Limited (TEL) advises that effective from
the start of business on Monday 23 June 2014, management of the Telecom
Corporation of New Zealand Limited share registry will move from
Computershare Investor Services Limited to Link Market Services Limited.

From that date the new contact details for the Telecom Corporation of New
Zealand Limited share registry will be as follows:

New Zealand

Link Market Services Limited
Level 7 Zurich House
21 Queen Street
Auckland

PO Box 91976
Auckland, 1142

Phone: + 64 9 375 5998 (investor enquiries)
Phone: + 64 9 375 5999
Fax: + 64 9 375 5990
Email: enquiries@linkmarketservices.com

You obviously follow this share from a distance.

Bobdn
23-06-2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks very much 777. Compushare just sent me an email today advising of this was just about to share. Appreciate you posting nonetheless.

waikare
23-06-2014, 07:54 PM

I received a letter a few days ago advising that were moving to Link Market Services.

dingoNZ
21-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Argh CS... I've just added to my ASX portfolio and adding a stock in is terrible to do! It keeps trying to sign me into my NZ login and saying I'm in the wrong country. then when I get in I find it still takes me to my NZ portfolio... In Google Chrome I find it does this every time but in Internet Explorer it doesn't. No idea why. I will give them a call come this week but my gosh this is frustrating. Why can't they be more like LINK!

Hoop
03-10-2016, 12:43 PM
I received a letter from Computershare in the post (yes snail mail) re: Cavalier requesting Electronic communications..Now I have had these boxes ticked in my Computershare Account for years now so what's happening??... Anyway... .The systems people running Computershare have a deluded sense that they have developed a very simple access to one's online account feature that even the most newest of newbies will have no trouble with

I sent this email to Computershare a few minutes ago...enjoy

Hi

Cavalier form requesting email mailing

..Hmmm I'll have this sorted with Computershare in no time flat

No worries..just bring up the Computershare login page... enter my ID and password......
......Ehh what's this???.....
... a further security check name, breed and colour of my pet.....really!!!! how on earth can I remember the exact wording letters and spacing's for this....Hmmm, which pet? I have 3 ...Ok, I'm a tryer .
fail, fail, fail..

what's this?..a red notification to contact computershare.. my account is disabled?.. Great..
....Ok I'll stay cool as this will be easy to solve...Hmmm...where in earth are the NZ contact phone numbers?? ...not on this webpage, not on this one either, nor here or here..ah ha phone numbers!! damm they're ozzie ones. ..ahh here it is..phew that only took 5 minutes..

Got it..ohh..its a toll call and no 0800 number..
...oh well It will only cost me a few cents to fix so no worries..eh..It's ringing..A automated directory..that's OK..pushed the 5 button...a human voice answered and transferred me on.. and they put on hold!!..Great!!....Oh dear what's this dreaded sound .."we are currently experiencing high volume of calls"................waiting ..............waiting............ listening to the 2nd most dreaded sound, that of instrumental chamber music ...
..after 20 minutes waiting .. 3 thoughts were occurring, I should be working not listening to music, the thought of the toll call cost accumulating.. and...I'm reaching my end of my tolerance level to chamber music....
....Ended call...
...and so ended my suffering...well not quite.. I still have apprehension, thinking about future frustrating moments possibly hours in attempting to get my account working again.
.................................................. .................................................. .........................................

Sir/Madam..All I wanted to do was to update my account to receive email for Cavalier Company report..I was led to believe this was a simple task...
.................................................. .................................................. .........................................

So..my email request to you is... (and I'm now down on my knees pleading for help)... Can I kindly request for both of us to waste more time in an attempt to open up my account so I can change that one simple setting..to get Cavalier to send me their company's reports via email

Thank you in advance

xxxxxx xxxxx

Jinx
03-10-2016, 01:10 PM
So..my email request to you is... (and I'm now down on my knees pleading for help)... Can I kindly request for both of us to waste more time in an attempt to open up my account so I can change that one simple setting..to get Cavalier to send me their company's reports via email

Thank you in advance

xxxxxx xxxxx

Message me your email and i'll send it over :)

Edit: Here it is: http://www.cavcorp.co.nz/Results-Reports

kiora
03-10-2016, 02:12 PM
I received a letter from Computershare in the post (yes snail mail) re: Cavalier requesting Electronic communications..Now I have had these boxes ticked in my Computershare Account for years now so what's happening??... Anyway... .The systems people running Computershare have a deluded sense that they have developed a very simple access to one's online account feature that even the most newest of newbies will have no trouble with

I sent this email to Computershare a few minutes ago...enjoy

Hi

Cavalier form requesting email mailing

..Hmmm I'll have this sorted with Computershare in no time flat

No worries..just bring up the Computershare login page... enter my ID and password......
......Ehh what's this???.....
... a further security check name, breed and colour of my pet.....really!!!! how on earth can I remember the exact wording letters and spacing's for this....Hmmm, which pet? I have 3 ...Ok, I'm a tryer .
fail, fail, fail..

what's this?..a red notification to contact computershare.. my account is disabled?.. Great..
....Ok I'll stay cool as this will be easy to solve...Hmmm...where in earth are the NZ contact phone numbers?? ...not on this webpage, not on this one either, nor here or here..ah ha phone numbers!! damm they're ozzie ones. ..ahh here it is..phew that only took 5 minutes..

Got it..ohh..its a toll call and no 0800 number..
...oh well It will only cost me a few cents to fix so no worries..eh..It's ringing..A automated directory..that's OK..pushed the 5 button...a human voice answered and transferred me on.. and they put on hold!!..Great!!....Oh dear what's this dreaded sound .."we are currently experiencing high volume of calls"................waiting ..............waiting............ listening to the 2nd most dreaded sound, that of instrumental chamber music ...
..after 20 minutes waiting .. 3 thoughts were occurring, I should be working not listening to music, the thought of the toll call cost accumulating.. and...I'm reaching my end of my tolerance level to chamber music....
....Ended call...
...and so ended my suffering...well not quite.. I still have apprehension, thinking about future frustrating moments possibly hours in attempting to get my account working again.

Sir/Madam..All I wanted to do was to update my account to receive email for Cavalier Company report..I was led to believe this was a simple task...

Thank you in advance

xxxxxx xxxxx

My fullest sympathies Hoop
I know what you went through.Try having 3 CSN numbers with 1 in Aus & 1 in NZ & b@#$%@r if I could log on to computershare. Kicked me off the same way it did with your experience.Tried 3 different times now & I have given up every time
Let me know how/if you are successful :(

Jay
03-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Also have had problems with only 2 CSN's - does not seem to accept the same email address for more than one, now never sure which email address belongs to which CSN ...aaarrrrggghhhh.....
Link much simpler
Can't wait to know how they replied!

janner
03-10-2016, 10:13 PM
Computershare..

Should be the next target for the Shareholders Association IMHO...

Snow Leopard
03-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Thank you in advance

xxxxxx xxxxx

Those kisses on the bottom should have you sorted in no time.

I am fairly confident that Computershare have done some rationalizing of late and this has reeked chaos for people like me who have multiple accounts with them.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

PS: How is the old CAV SP doing?

03-10-2016, 11:18 PM
Well I run 3 different CSN's with them and Link(of course). I have never had any issue with them and quite easily do what I want on line. I set up everything up as instructed, wrote down all those silly questions and sillier answers (never had to use them) and sign in no trouble at all. I would like though for instructions to be applied to all share holdings rather than having to do each of them individually.

CAV SP is about where it should be until the next report comes out. I haven't any available funds to get them at the moment to pick up any more. Forgot to sell AIR cum dividend.

blackcap
04-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Computershare..

Should be the next target for the Shareholders Association IMHO...

Definitely agree. Those silly questions and answers are so stupid too. Some of the answers change with time so its not like you really know what the answer is all the time. ONe was "what is your favourite music genre" or something similar. Now no way I can remember what I put a few years ago....
Computershare, horrible to deal with all round.

Brain
04-10-2016, 09:25 AM
You people make life difficult for yourselves. You don't have to answer those questions truthfully. All the questions can have the same answer. So if your pets name is bob the answers to all the other questions can be bob too. The software will never check that bob is not a make of car or a genre of music.

I hope this helps helps the memory challenged (like myself) people out there.

blackcap
04-10-2016, 10:01 AM
You people make life difficult for yourselves. You don't have to answer those questions truthfully. All the questions can have the same answer. So if your pets name is bob the answers to all the other questions can be bob too. The software will never check that bob is not a make of car or a genre of music.

Thanks Brain, never thought of that. I shall in future have a mother in law named "Bob" :)

Hoop
04-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Also have had problems with only 2 CSN's - does not seem to accept the same email address for more than one, now never sure which email address belongs to which CSN ...aaarrrrggghhhh.....
Link much simpler
Can't wait to know how they replied!

Automatic reply: Locked out of my account #NZ CS AKL Ecomms 8.48am
Thank you, we have received your email and will respond to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Computershare Investor Services

kiora
04-10-2016, 02:43 PM

Sounds fantastically simple :) Thanks Brain

Hoop
06-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Yeah..thanks Brain..

My response to an email received yesterday regarding my locked out account.
Interesting to see the email address I have to respond to is a No-reply address ...#NZ CS AKL Ecomms <No-ReplyEcom@computershare.co.nz>

I'm assuming the address is legit but that's not the issue.. I find it rather disturbing for a company to ask for client's account security details via email .

I'm not sure how much to make public so I have blanked out some privacy detail..

Hi

I tried to log in today just in case, but I am still locked out..
Thanks for your email....I don't want to come across as a difficult person to deal with but I established a rule with my family never to share our ID and log in with anyone online or through emails... it would not be a good look if I broke my own rule.

Is there an 0800 support number I can ring? or some other verifying way I can contact you.. Waiting long periods of time on a toll call seems very unfair to the customer wanting help.

Cheers

On 5/10/2016 5:02 p.m., #NZ CS AKL Ecomms wrote:

Hi ,

Thank you for email below - to assist me to help you end your suffering I was hoping you would be able to supply me with your CSN number, or the full name that your shares are registered under. If you could also advise if you can recall your password for your Investor Centre account, or if this will need to be reset as well?

I can then have a look in the back ground and see what options we have to ensure we succeed in getting you all logged into your account.

Kind regards,

Computershare
xxx > Investor Services New Zealand
Level 2, 159 Hurstmere Road
Takapuna, Auckland 0622, New Zealand
www.computershare.co.nz (http://www.computershare.co.nz)

| CERTAINTY | INGENUITY | ADVANTAGE |

The next generation of Investor Centre is here. With a new look, more features and enhanced security, it’s the latest in online investor management tools.

Hoop
06-10-2016, 11:42 AM
It seems the no reply address is a reply address

Thank you, we have received your email and will respond to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

kiora
06-10-2016, 01:30 PM
It seems the no reply address is a reply address

Kind regards,

Sounds familiar Hoop,same problems I had daghhh!Interested to hear when it is sorted

06-10-2016, 04:54 PM
Easy to blame Computershare but if you had followed their instructions and kept a note of the details you filled in then it would work for you. It is a simple user ID and a password. Everything else is just a way to recover your password if you have forgotten it. Not very difficult.

Hoop
07-10-2016, 12:04 AM
Easy to blame Computershare but if you had followed their instructions and kept a note of the details you filled in then it would work for you. It is a simple user ID and a password. Everything else is just a way to recover your password if you have forgotten it. Not very difficult.

I did have the details written down ID password but not answers to the questions as I knew the answers..and still failed so I can blame Computershare..
There is an opportunity to disable the extra security questions and I previously did so...
I've been subscribed to this account for years without any problems logging in..

Last week an extra security question popped up out of nowhere...name of pet..breed and colour...OK, it sounds simple but as I ended up being blocked.. it seems either something screwed up or the wording has to be exact..the colour answer is black and white or was it Black and white or Black and White or Black & White or black & white, the breed is dog or was it Dog...I have only 3 chances to get it totally correct..it seems I failed..
My problem is not the log in block as it occasionally does happen to us all....but the method Computershare uses to deal with customer support problems...such as no 0800 number to begin with...

kiora
07-10-2016, 10:27 PM
I did have the details written down ID password but not answers to the questions as I knew the answers..and still failed so I can blame Computershare..
There is an opportunity to disable the extra security questions and I previously did so...
I've been subscribed to this account for years without any problems logging in..

Last week an extra security question popped up out of nowhere...name of pet..breed and colour...OK, it sounds simple but as I ended up being blocked.. it seems either something screwed up or the wording has to be exact..the colour answer is black and white or was it Black and white or Black and White or Black & White or black & white, the breed is dog or was it Dog...I have only 3 chances to get it totally correct..it seems I failed..
My problem is not the log in block as it occasionally does happen to us all....but the method Computershare uses to deal with customer support problems...such as no 0800 number to begin with...

Hoop:I couldn't log in again on their home screen but found individual share holding by logging in via CSN & FIN number
http://www.computershare.com/nz/business/registry-services/manage-your-register-efficiently
Click Login
Investor Centre
Access a single holding https://www-au.computershare.com/Investor/?bhjs=1&fla=1&cc=NZ&lang=en
Option 1 CSN Number
FIN Number
Select a company you own shares in,gives number of shares and dividend details,painful but less painful than the other dash board

RRR
09-10-2016, 05:31 PM
I share your views Hoop regarding computershare website logging issue. I had the same trouble logging in and after multiple attempts I did manage to enter the site. But it then kicked me out saying I answered security questions wrong multiple times and for security reasons!

There was no phone number or email to contact!

The information I wanted was dividend details for a specific company - I complained by email to the investor relations of the company concerned who then forwarded my email to computershare and I managed to get a reply from computershare with all the dividend details for the year.

I think we should involve investor relations of various companies who need to know that computershare is providing a sub-optimal service to investors.

Hectorplains
09-10-2016, 06:50 PM
I share your views Hoop regarding computershare website logging issue. I had the same trouble logging in and after multiple attempts I did manage to enter the site. But it then kicked me out saying I answered security questions wrong multiple times and for security reasons!

There was no phone number or email to contact!

The information I wanted was dividend details for a specific company - I complained by email to the investor relations of the company concerned who then forwarded my email to computershare and I managed to get a reply from computershare with all the dividend details for the year.

I think we should involve investor relations of various companies who need to know that computershare is providing a sub-optimal service to investors.

Craigs is recommending them: https://www.odt.co.nz/business/broker-still-prefers-nz-shares-over-australia%E2%80%99s
Higher US interest rates are good for Computershare. Margin income will increase dramatically for CPU even with a small increase in US interest rates.

Cricketfan
04-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Argh, the Computershare site is so annoying. I'm trying to log on and it keeps telling me the country I'm registered for is different than the one I'm trying to log on to (or my current country doesn't match). Yet the region selected is New Zealand and as far as I can tell, I am still in NZ at the moment! Anyone else had this problem before?

kiora
04-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Argh, the Computershare site is so annoying. I'm trying to log on and it keeps telling me the country I'm registered for is different than the one I'm trying to log on to (or my current country doesn't match). Yet the region selected is New Zealand and as far as I can tell, I am still in NZ at the moment! Anyone else had this problem before?

Yep
It sucks!

04-07-2017, 11:12 AM
I just logged in without any problems.

Using the following URL takes me to the NZ area

https://www-au.computershare.com/Investor/?bhjs=1&fla=1&cc=NZ&lang=en

Cricketfan
04-07-2017, 11:40 AM
I still get the below error when logging in. I've had this before but I can't remember if it went away by itself or I needed to do something.

04-07-2017, 03:50 PM
I take it you are not using a VPN.

Cricketfan
04-07-2017, 04:00 PM
I take it you are not using a VPN.

No after calling them I found out it was my fault. For some reason I have 2 user ID's - one for the NZ site and one for the Aussie one. I can't remember why I registered the Aussie one but it turns out I was trying to log in using that user ID.