PDA

View Full Version : Savoy - SVY - next hot stock!

nottiger
26-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Just kidding..........but seriously folks

What is up here? - [u]nothing seems to happen......... </u>

I see from the companies office the directors are:

John William farey - since March 03
Eoin Malcolm Milar Johnson - since Jan 03
Garrick Wells - since May 01

Anyone know anything about these directors?

zyreon
27-08-2004, 06:12 AM
what, if anything, does SVY do??

nottiger
27-08-2004, 06:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by zyreon

what, if anything, does SVY do??

Hi

nOthing.............All I know is they got terribly burnt in the Britomart thing then tried IT/internet and got burnt again

Now seems they are "looking for our future direction"

A shell holding company

What interests me is that they seem to be persistant and patient in their search and just would like to know something about the directors???? - anyone

Onthemoney
27-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Are there any tax losses to take advantage of?

nottiger
29-08-2004, 06:06 PM
bump!

Lizard
23-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Always looking for a reason to post on SVY! Is it the dullest share with the longest history on the NZX? Perhaps I should research this in my old Datex or the antique 1980's share tables I have somewhere...

Anyway, since SVY's most recent attempt at a business is the manufacture of artemisinin for malaria treatment, I thought this might be of interest to all the ardent fans and holders... ;)

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/22/5825008-the-race-to-contain-drug-resistant-malaria-

(So is it time for a bet on what SVY's next incarnation might be? :p)

percy
23-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Hello ,hello ,garrick Wells of Parapine timber fame.Thought he was going to make huge money exporting logs to Korea.Trouble was he got his measurements slighty wrong.[no surprises there]and huge profit turned into a loss. Hope he is better measuring up doses with pills.!!! Love seeing these triers resurfacing.

airedale
24-01-2011, 11:07 AM
I remember the famous Macdunk taking SVY as a pick in the competition a few years ago. As it is so thinly traded he said that he would buy a few shares at the end of the year and ramp it over the finishing line to win the comp. Say from.001 to .005 or something like that. LOL

GTM 3442
24-01-2011, 05:15 PM
SVY has been fun.

They traded between 3c and 5c (way back), and were tied up with Britomart Station in Auckland. Then they missed their connection,and got de-railed. There was a share consolidation, which shot them up from 4c 40c, only to drop back to th current 1c to 2c mark.

They are currently doing some stuff with malaria drug, which looks interesting.

Disc - still keep a small parcel, to remind me that there is no limit to human folly !

Lizard
08-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Well at least SVY's latest announcement might make some commercial sense.... a new arthritis nutraceutical.

Might have a hunt around some time and see if there are any clues to IP etc, as this announcement looks like they're opting for the secrecy approach at this stage.

Big market for arthritis supplements - and one that has spawned a few successful nutraceuticals, so if they have anything new to add here at the right price/margin, they may find a niche. Might need to come up with a somewhat more concrete announcement if they want to rustle up some capital for stock-build and marketing though....

Lizard
09-11-2011, 08:05 AM
... and looks like they've already captured a few funds, with 15m share issue at 1.5cps...a premium to "market" - that's if turnover in SVY qualifies as a market...

I like the way the announcement says it was made to professional investors following the announcement "earlier this week" of the arthritis trials, when the trial results announcement was filed a mere 4 hours earlier. :p

Lizard
29-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Managing to do stuff on not much money at all... amazing what can be achieved when directors just get paid with assets the company doesn't really need any more. However, with just $18k left, they're going to need to sell a bit of this stuff. Price looks reasonable (on a par with buying good quality fish oils). Anyone with arthritis want to test Artimesinin and report back for us?

Benefit Arthritis is available using the company’s special purpose website www.benefitarthritis.co.nz (http://www.benefitarthritis.co.nz/) One of the unique features of the website is that purchasers of Benefit Arthritis can elect to join the Benefit Club and in so doing this will allow the company to monitor their progress.

Fun to keep an eye on. Will need capital at some stage if it's going to fly, so might be a chance to get in one day if it works out... meantime, always interesting watching the battle for life that can go on in the forgotten tail of stocks suffering from serial re-invention.

Blendy
01-03-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm somewhat intrigued by this product. My original training was in herbal medicine and nutriceuticals, and i used to own a health store where arthritis remedies were (and probably still are) the top category of sellers, and also where the research is. However, I can't figure out why they are using artemesia for arthritis. It is already available in health stores, but it's main use is for parasites and candida and those sort of bacterial/fungal issues. I think quite some years ago before various regulations came in, it was also used for more serious health conditions.

Google suggests it offers some general pain relieving qualities, but I haven't seen any proper studies on this or why it could be specifically marketed as an arthritis product.

I sort of liken the scenario to imagining that baking powder is discovered to be the latest cure-all - so therefore cake contains baking powder, so everyone should buy cake with baking powder (varying qualities of course would be available), but then one company markets chocolate brownies which also has baking powder, but it's in a fancy box and costs twice as much and they have the monopoly on all chocolate brownie-related baking powder. And no-one sells pure baking powder.

There are so many decent NZ neutriceutical companies that are manufacturing a wide range of sensible products with actual science behind them, that it seems strange to me that a company would bother to become NZX listed and expect their single product to top the market. Hmmm.

GTM 3442
01-03-2012, 06:35 PM
.........There are so many decent NZ neutriceutical companies that are manufacturing a wide range of sensible products with actual science behind them, that it seems strange to me that a company would bother to become NZX listed and expect their single product to top the market. Hmmm.

Hmmmmmm. They've been listed for ages - well before the pharmaceutical phase. This is more like the latest in a line of attempted reinventions. Although the SP at 2cps is performing strongly (for the moment).

artemis
01-03-2013, 06:18 AM
I have some mild arthritis (it is a family issue) and am 1 month into a 3 month personal trial. So far I am having good results and will probably continue.

Blendy - maybe check out their website - www.arthrem.co.nz - which has info on the trials they have carried out and to other scientific research on artemisia. As you have a relevant background, perhaps you could give us your view on the studies.

I am a small shareholder - shareholders get a discounted price. BTW my user name is coincidental, other than being a shareholder I have no connection with the company.

Vaygor1
01-03-2013, 08:28 AM
I was thinking about contributing something meaningful to the SVY thread but then decided my shower trap needs cleaning out instead.

Why don't they de-list? It costs a lot in fees and compliance to stay listed.

whatsup
24-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Any one go to the AGM, if so please give a update?

artemis
12-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Rebranding announcement today, ticker change from 19 December. Now to be known as Promisia Integrative Limited (PIL). Company has been refocussing on nutritional supplements, with new CEO and a chief scientist.

GTM 3442
12-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I have a sentimental attachment to "SVY", and will be sorry to see "SVY" disappear.

At the moment, percentage-wise, "SVY" is the best-performing line in my portfolio.

I only hope that "PIL" can keep up the momentum.

Lizard
12-12-2013, 07:58 PM
I've bought the Arthrem, but never the stock... I also liked the ticker... was never sure whether it was trying to be a cabbage or an upmarket hotel. :)

Doubtless, they were in need of a new image and Promisia Integrative at least contains a promise :D. Whether or not they will go the route of BLT and just muddle along with one saleable product, a few passionate customers and just a promise of more to come is the question?

janner
12-12-2013, 08:10 PM
You are to nice Lizard !!.