PDA

View Full Version : AIR NZ 2010 Annual Report

Huskeez
12-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the idea of analysing financial statements, so am after some help!

Sorry wouldn't let me upload the pdf, so here is the website
http://www.airnewzealand.com.au/previous-reports

I was looking at the 2010 Annual Financial Report.

Is there anywhere in this report which states "Shares Outstanding"? I can't find it for the life of me, or is it called something else?

Also, I am after the Earnings Per Share, but there are all different types of interpretations and I don't really understand which is the one that would be (Net Income/Shares Outstanding)

Way more simpler on Yahoo , but it only states the current shares outstanding and EPS(ttm), where as I'm trying to calculate EPS growth over 5-10 year period.

Cheers
Huskeez

robbo24
12-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Someone's got a 100 level take home test!

Snow Leopard
12-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the idea of analysing financial statements, so am after some help!

Sorry wouldn't let me upload the pdf,

Good.

so here is the website
http://www.airnewzealand.com.au/previous-reports

I was looking at the 2010 Annual Financial Report.

OK got that.

Is there anywhere in this report which states "Shares Outstanding"? I can't find it for the life of me, or is it called something else?

Read Note 21 starting on page 39.

Also, I am after the Earnings Per Share, but there are all different types of interpretations and I don't really understand which is the one that would be (Net Income/Shares Outstanding)

Probably you want NPAT for Net Income (though you may not).

Way more simpler on Yahoo , but it only states the current shares outstanding and EPS(ttm), where as I'm trying to calculate EPS growth over 5-10 year period.

Cheers
Huskeez

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

winner69
12-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Well done PT

AIR s own calculation of Earnings per Share is described in Note 5 on Page 17

Earnings attributable to equity holders (NPAT) divided by weighted number of shares

Snow Leopard
12-04-2014, 07:40 PM
...AIR s own calculation of Earnings per Share is described in Note 5 on Page 17...

I thought that was too obvious to mention it.

Best Wishes
Paper Tiger

winner69
12-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Next question just might be about 'weighted number of shares'

Snow Leopard
12-04-2014, 07:52 PM
we will have to weight and see :t_up: [BW PT]

Huskeez
12-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Haha yeah sorry I am pretty thick when it comes to financial statements.

So wow , AIR has had a pretty significant jump in EPS growth in 2013 , compared to the previous 5 years