PDA

View Full Version : TSLA - Tesla Motors

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

TeslaGod
03-11-2021, 02:53 PM
Avis investors call /CEO acknowledged it's major competition Hertz in bringing forward the coming change of electrifying the world's car rental market/

Although parted with a pot shot that Avis would prefer to actually achieve a goal than talking about it/ meaning that there is only one EV manufacturer currently to be able to build that many EVs at scale in the next few years.

TeslaGod
03-11-2021, 02:56 PM
Mainstream media will jump all over NTSA recall on 11k Teslas using FSD beta.

It's an over the internet/WiFi update/like you update your phone or pc.

No big deal/media will make it a big deal as usual.

TeslaGod
03-11-2021, 05:25 PM
Citi Bank forecasting growth of S&P 500 to ~+5% /4900
FY 2022

May be harder to make money in the market next year/stock picking will have to be precise to do well.

Panda-NZ-
03-11-2021, 08:20 PM
Other markets look attractive like ECH... Copper and lithium both needed in the future.

Kast stands a good chance in Nov since they're religious loons down there. If not then maybe its reflected in the lower price already.

whatsup
03-11-2021, 08:26 PM
So will all of the other hire car companies now follow Hertz , if so that would be another biggee !

TeslaGod
03-11-2021, 09:03 PM
So will all of the other hire car companies now follow Hertz , if so that would be another biggee !
Yes / will only be a biggie once Tesla announce new Giga factory locations around the world,search begins early 22

Then need to build them so not as important yet for SP 2022.

Other catalyst more important/Texas,/Berlin getting to compacity/Cyber/Semi truck Q1 2023/53% EPS GROWTH/FSD/Dojo/model 3 becoming best selling vehicle EV or ice in the world 2022 ./ Stock split /Bidens1.4t infrastructure bill and EV rebate etc etc

TeslaGod
03-11-2021, 09:59 PM
JP Morgan reports recent Tesla upward pressure was "mainly" institutional investors.

TeslaGod
03-11-2021, 10:16 PM
TSLA 1163 pre market Ahead of Fed meeting/Market expecting Fed to begin tapering asset purchases/ Market Pricing 1 interest rate hike mid next year atleast.

My 1400 PT assumes a 10y treasury @~2%. Current 1.54%

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 07:20 AM
Fed to begin Tapering/TNX 10y +1.5% to 1.57%

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 07:29 AM
Vix volatility index falls sharply

SP 500 up 0.13%

TSLA slightly up .26%

Market seems to be taking Tapering positive "for now"

Jerome Powell about to speak.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 08:07 AM
TSLA back up over 1200 on dovish tone from Jerome Powell

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 08:24 AM
Jerome Powell

"Lower rates incourage borrowing and is good for the economy"

Which is why I prefer investing in US equities/ NZ relies too much on housing which becomes a political football.

I own 8 figures worth of real estate ,l need a re balancing towards US companies.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 08:28 AM
All indices up/Russell 2000 small cap up just short of 2%

Quite clearly the leader of the Fed wants to be patient.

Hopefully he gets re elected.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 08:32 AM
Those who continue to believe inflation is here to stay/ buy that .(I'm talking to you Tony Alexander)

Those who believe inflation is transitory (me)

Buy the Fed!!

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 08:35 AM
Those who continue to believe inflation is here to stay/ buy that .(I'm talking to you Tony Alexander)

Those who believe inflation is transitory (me)

Buy the Fed!!

The RBA isn't raising rates until 2024/ we are going to lose a lot of young talent to OZ next year.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 08:40 AM
Vix volatility index down almost 5%

Fed basically gave the green light for risk on assets.

Not financial advice.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 08:49 AM
All indices closing higher!

Big shout out to Jerome Powell!

Have a great Thursday.

Panda-NZ-
04-11-2021, 05:26 PM
Kast stands a good chance in Nov since they're religious loons down there. If not then maybe its reflected in the lower price already.

Haha the left candidate tested positive for corona weeks before the election. ECH looking good for a recovery.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 06:00 PM
TSLA closed at an all time high $1213 and went higher A/H to $1217/ NASDAQ futures opened in the green following Feds dovish tone on interest rates today.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 08:33 PM
Tesla rejects reports on Qingdao as site of its second China EV plant location.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 09:15 PM
TSLA 1243 pre market

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 09:18 PM
TSLA 1243 pre market

Hedge funds manipulating squeeze on open.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 09:51 PM
China numbers out in the weekend/ maybe volatile to start the week/

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 09:53 PM
Tesla /moving closer to making the first electric cars with 4680 cells/
having trucked a large delivery from its anode and cathode lines toTexas factory.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 10:01 PM
China numbers out in the weekend/ maybe volatile to start the week/

Media going to jump all over numbers/expected to be
13k well below September record of 52k.

Elon warned in advance of this/Media going to find anything to attack Tesla.

TeslaGod
04-11-2021, 10:09 PM
Hedge funds manipulating squeeze on open.

A gamma squeeze is usually extreme/ forcing investors to buy more stock due to open options in the underlying stock/
A gamma squeeze is behind what happened in early January 2021 as shares of GameStop and AMC Entertainment holdings rose suddenly./

This works both ways/ puts and calls / be careful.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 04:48 AM
US 10y slips to 1.53% As bank of England decided not to raise the OCR against expectations.

Sends a similar signal as the Fed/RBA /Good for high P/E stocks like Tesla.

Not looking great for the NZ economy and RBNZ.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 05:43 AM
Elon Musk notes in the future when you use any Tesla it will automatically sync to your requirements/ most likely referenced future robotaxi fleet/ it will already know when to take you to work/ favourite bar/restaurant/, school /friends and family homes.

Tesla is decades ahead of the competition/every time Tesla make a move the comp falls further behind.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 05:53 AM
Change happens fast, you better be awake or your going to miss it. Tesla is one of those rear opportunities.

Nokia /Apple

Marlborough/Vape

Video Ezy/Netflix

CD/Spotify

Check operator/Self service

Yellow pages/Google

Horse and cart/Ford

Automobile/Tesla.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 05:59 AM
Lol 13k

Geeze for a company valued at 1.2 trillion dollars...
You would have thought that they would be selling 50 million cars per year Minimum !!!!!.... LOL...
:cool:cc

Suck on this

https://youtu.be/wanNpa_dZl8

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 07:05 AM
Actual live footage of TeslaGods reactions the past few weeks when Tesla hit 1trillion dollar market cap and all time highs.

https://youtu.be/spZOgdhtaMA

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 08:59 AM
Hertz Will Have to Wait for Teslas, Just Like Other Buyers

Musk.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 10:07 AM
Media going to jump all over numbers/expected to be
13k well below September record of 52k.

Elon warned in advance of this/Media going to find anything to attack Tesla.
Shanghai shut down for 7 days in October /will have an effect on m.o.m numbers as expected

Should be released later this weekend.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 02:10 PM
For the third time this quarter, Tesla has again increased vehicle prices. All versions of Model 3 and Model Y have been increased by $1,000.

FTG
05-11-2021, 04:44 PM
Change happens fast, you better be awake or your going to miss it. Tesla is one of those rear opportunities.

Nokia /Apple

Marlborough/Vape

Video Ezy/Netflix

CD/Spotify

Check operator/Self service

Yellow pages/Google

Horse and cart/Ford

Automobile/Tesla.

Interesting to note with all the examples you give, each & every iconic brand on the left hand side had their time basking in glory.
A reminder to us all that just because one may have been a success yesterday, or is a success today, does NOT necessarily mean one will be a success tomorrow.

So there is a distinct possibility, that at least some of those on the right hand side of your list will one day end up also being just a fond memory. :cool:

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 05:11 PM
Interesting to note with all the examples you give, each & every one on the left hand side had their time basking in glory.
A reminder to us all that, just because one may have been a success yesterday, or is a success today, does NOT mean one will be a success tomorrow.

I agree FTG/Wall Street growth analyst/myself included see TSLA having %50+ growth y.o.y for much of this decade/The comp is not keeping up even though for several years media has been saying it's coming.

We are at the beginning of the decade/what happens after 2030?

Who knows

look at the advancements in technology the past decade/I control a multi million dollar stock portfolio (mainly) from my phone.

I have made strong returns from investing in this company/by far much more than my other holdings/

I'm confident I will keep making more for much of this decade /anyway but will see how it goes.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 05:37 PM
Tesla has more than 1million vehicles driving around taking data for there autonomous robo taxi fleet/

No other ev manufacturer is doing that

The competition won't catch up.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 05:53 PM
I agree FTG/Wall Street growth analyst/myself included see TSLA having %50+ growth y.o.y for much of this decade/The comp is not keeping up even though for several years media has been saying it's coming.

We are at the beginning of the decade/what happens after 2030?

Who knows

look at the advancements in technology the past decade/I control a multi million dollar stock portfolio (mainly) from my phone.

I have made strong returns from investing in this company/by far much more than my other holdings/

I'm confident I will keep making more for much of this decade /anyway but will see how it goes.
2020 rev was $31.536 billion @50% y.o.y compounding growth in 2030 annual revenue will be
~$1.8 trillion

The scary thing is it could actually be higher growth/ that's my base case scenario.

Some Analysts are saying 60% y.o.y growth is possible/but we won't go there...yet.

So today's s.p is cheap at $1200.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 05:58 PM
2020 rev was $31.536 billion @50% y.o.y compounding growth in 2030 annual revenue will be
~$1.8 trillion

The scary thing is it could actually be higher growth/ that's my base case scenario.

Some Analysts are saying 60% y.o.y growth is possible/but we won't go there...yet.

So today's s.p is cheap at $1200.

Many people who invest in Coca-Cola/McDonald's/Ford/ bonds etc

Don't understand future valuations/future earnings etc.

There also the people who didn't invest in Google/Amazon/Netflix etc.

They don't understand Growth stocks they don't understand the Nasdaq composite.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 06:15 PM
Teslagod,
How much net profit does Tesla make on each car?
Every time CC asks or says something dumb/ to save time I'll just attach this link.

https://youtu.be/Et8T7YMDZ_Q

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 09:58 PM
Why I enjoy being a TESLA/equity investor better than being a landlord.

1: Mr Tesla God, we need to replace a toilet,it goes over the limit cost of $500 can we arrange.?

TG: Yes

Mr Tesla God/the tenant want's to adopt a family Pitbull they found in the park, can we arrange?

TG: No

Mr Tesla God:The Tenant said a piece of wallpaper is falling off ,we have a quote for $400 to glue it back on
can we arrange?

TG: wtf ..Yes.

Aimless pointless emails /Im supposed to be retired.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 10:00 PM
TSLA -0.24% pre market ahead of monthly Shanghai numbers/note:

Quarter over quarter is more important than month over month.l/ definitely when 1 week public holidays are involved.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 10:20 PM
It's a completely valid question...
The answer is ..

1)you don't know
Or
2) you know it's not good and that your answer will get slaughtered

Someone of your ability should have these numbers readily available...

The question doesn't make sense/you can't measure net profit from a single unit?To many variables across multiple continents.

Q3 had net income $1.62 billion on a GAAP basis

If you want to take a look at there financials statements please do under shareholders deck.
https://ir.tesla.com/

I still don't understand how this is improving your financial position, but if it makes you feel better.

This is why 70% of the population is broke,to busy worried about what the other guys doing instead of focusing on themselves and their investment.

TeslaGod
05-11-2021, 11:27 PM
Nasdaq futures strong/TSLA up

https://financialpost.com/investing/the-strange-us1-trillion-tesla-dilemma-facing-investors

TeslaGod
06-11-2021, 09:15 AM
TSLA @ close down 0.64% to $1,222 as the Dow Jones takes center stage on strong jobs growth data &

Shanghais TSLA production monthly numbers released later this weekend.

EV rebate /house should pass the bill

Hertz deal may be finalized/

Street estimates may go higher on Hertz deal although may have already been priced in on SP by trader's & fund managers.

TeslaGod
06-11-2021, 10:02 AM
US 10y treasury down 4.6% to 1.4%

Bond investors not seeing economic growth/agreeing with Feds dovish tone on the OCR.

Also showed in the Nasdaq/ TSLA & high EPS names this week with more gains.

My $1400 TSLA PT assumes a 2.0% 10y treasury so we are even further away from that which is good for TSLA/Nasdaq stocks.

FTG
06-11-2021, 10:57 AM
TSLA @ close down 0.64% to $1,222 as the Dow Jones takes center stage on strong jobs growth data &

Shanghais TSLA production monthly numbers released later this weekend.

EV rebate /house should pass the bill

Hertz deal may be finalized/

Street estimates may go higher on Hertz deal although may have already been priced in on SP by trader's & fund managers.

Will this become another example of "buy the rumour, sell the fact"? Only time will tell...

TeslaGod
06-11-2021, 12:19 PM
Will this become another example of "buy the rumour, sell the fact"? Only time will tell...

Already sold down 30% of my position in TSLA

I might be arrogant with Tesla

But I don't let my arrogance control my investment strategy

S&P 500 and Nasdaq getting extended/ going to be a sell off sooner or later/(not major correction just usual dip)

Cashed up and margin debt free so I'm ready for re balancing my portfolio/

Ill buy back in to TSLA when the time comes.

pedro.nz
06-11-2021, 12:27 PM
Yes, have tightened up my stop loss...

TeslaGod
06-11-2021, 05:05 PM
The House passed >1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill, sending it to President Joe Biden for his signature.

Incl Tesla 8k EV rebate.

TeslaGod
06-11-2021, 05:52 PM
Apple has hired a former engineer from Tesla to boost its car-development efforts,

California-based Apple has tapped Christopher Moore for its team working on a self-driving car.

TeslaGod
06-11-2021, 11:45 PM
Tesla Freemont factory sold out for 5 months/back log 196 thousand.

Elon Musk did mention they were planning on expanding operations and output there.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 01:37 AM
196,000 LOL...

Volkswagon is producing 100 times more cars than that...
Furthermore, Tesla is 10 times bigger in market capitalisation that Volkswagon...
This is no joke !!..
You just can't make this stuff up...

Major major disparities in value of biblical proportions...

:eek2:cc

Volkswagen, total group deliveries to customers fell 32% in Q3 y.o.y

Tesla deliveries were up 73% y.o.y

VW is trumpeting its increasing EV deliveries

Unfortunately they have to cannibalize there ice vehicles to do it/There shareholders and board are not happy, but the writings on the wall

CC if you don't understand

This means they are loosing market share of vehicles year by year/

They have to take on more debt for EV infrastructure

People want EVs

if they don't adapt rapidly they will be bankrupt before the end of the decade.

Toyota will be first to go.

Normally I brush off Crypto crud comments due to his low I.Q and he doesn't realize the 100s of members reading my posts understand he's a little backward upstairs.

However not many people understand what's about to happen to the automotive industry this decade.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 02:24 AM
I do feel a little sorry for crypto crude/ he doesn't have the intellect to read an earnings report so can't pick a company.

He posted to me he's going to hit it big time when he buys the right coin maybe hundreds of millions!

Sad

He already understands not only does he have to choose the right coin but buy it at the right time then hold it and "hope" it's the next doge or Shibu inu coin.

The chances are next to nothing and is only driven by momentum and fear of missing out and usually helps when orchestrated Reddit users push the case.

Some might say what about Tesla?/ I have posted hundreds of post why Tesla moves on earnings and growth /future and past.

I'm also not sure what CC want's me to do with TSLA, because I trade it aswell as hold it/ I have been extremely profitable from this strategy/ so why would I want to listen to CC?

Then I remember,he's probably bipolar.

Poor guy:(

Anyway CC good luck with your strategy/I hope you win big time.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 09:09 AM
Elon Musk says he will sell 10% of his TSLA shares if his Twitter followers agree as this is the only way he can pay for tax on unrealised gains.

He doesn't earn enough salary or receive bonuses to pay for ~40 billion Tax in unrealised gains.

Which could technically damage the Stock Price / more concerning would be the combination of all Billionaire's doing this which could crash the entire market.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 09:40 AM
The biggest threat to Tesla is not the established Auto manufacturer's

It's the new Chinese and American start ups like Rivian/Nio etc.

Like TESLA they start from scratch , the established car manufacturers have to cannibalise there original product first before going fully electric

Most won't survive /bankruptcy will likely happen first from loosing investors and taking on more debt to survive.

I love ice Monaros /Mustang's/Luxury European vehicles

But I also used to love going to video Ezy on a DVD night

Now there dead and just a memory.

Change is coming to the automotive industry

Fast.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 09:54 AM
Elon Musk says he will sell 10% of his TSLA shares if his Twitter followers agree as this is the only way he can pay for tax on unrealised gains.

He doesn't earn enough salary or receive bonuses to pay for ~40 billion Tax in unrealised gains.

Which could technically damage the Stock Price / more concerning would be the combination of all Billionaire's doing this which could crash the entire market.

Be wary of this / because I have sold 30% technically that makes me a near term Bear / so I will be in favour of the share price falling 20/30% .

Elon knows what he's doing.

I'll be buying those shares at a discount.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 10:23 AM
The TSLA world is going bat **** crazy on Musk Tweet of selling 10% of his stock.

Tesla God is always 2 steps ahead.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 11:05 AM
No doubt Elons tweet will a negative for the share price/I have my entry points on the way down already set.

https://youtu.be/GOlVRHsVzE4

hereweare
07-11-2021, 11:22 AM
No doubt Elons tweet will a negative for the share price/I have my entry points on the way down already set.

Thanks for your valuable information and insight into this stock.

Don't take this negatively - But you post so often in this thread, it does raise a few questions as to why? Again not really saying it in a bad way, just made me *innocently* wonder.

As someone whose been quietly following this thread and this stock in general, I come from a place where I generally buy and hold long term. I've been bitten in the past when I thought 'the time was right', then the stock went up a considerable amount more (yeah yeah no one has a crystal ball). In saying all that, what are your new buy prices set to?

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 11:34 AM
Thanks for your valuable information and insight into this stock.

Don't take this negatively - But you post so often in this thread, it does raise a few questions as to why? Again not really saying it in a bad way, just made me *innocently* wonder.

Great question

1/I don't know any kiwi TSLA investors so it's good to communicate with kiwis for once.

2/Most of my posts are my own thoughts and I use this thread to take notes so technically I'm posting aloud.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 11:41 AM
Great question

1/I don't know any kiwi TSLA investors so it's good to communicate with kiwis for once.

2/Most of my posts are my own thoughts and I use this thread to take notes so technically I'm posting aloud.

Feedback negative or positive is appreciated.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 11:58 AM
Thinking aloud again/

I personally think the tax won't be introduced/All these other Billionaire's will be dragging this through the courts using the best lawyers and accountants in the world/

I see it as Elon trying to hose the share price down/ Similar to the RBNZ or Grant trying to cool down house prices.

Tesla market cap is bigger than most developed nations economies including ours.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 12:18 PM

TSLA PT $1400 mid late 2022.

Assuming

U.S 10y treasury @~2%

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 01:02 PM
Institutional investors have super computers which pick up chatter across social media/mainstream media.

The algorithms set sell or buy orders millions of time's faster than a human can set up a trade/usually in after hours or extended hours trading.

The system is unfair and designed for the institutions.

This includes crypto currency.

The only way to beat them is buy and hold or predict the next move weeks or months in advance.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 01:55 PM
Sell off likely to last a few days while investment banks Goldman Sachs/Morgan Stanley etc find buyers for large blocks at discounts /

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 02:13 PM
"If" sell off is big enough/ could move the entire s&p 500 market/

Or it could fizzle out to a non event.

Either way I'm ready to go back in .

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 02:44 PM
Be wary of this / because I have sold 30% technically that makes me a near term Bear / so I will be in favour of the share price falling 20/30% .

Elon knows what he's doing.

I'll be buying those shares at a discount.

Elon also has options that are expiring soon /he has to exercise the options and possible sell which incur tax on sale/ smart move.

Also leaves it up to his Twitter followers to make the decision.

Smart guy.

hereweare
07-11-2021, 03:15 PM
Feedback negative or positive is appreciated.

I get that - That's cool RE the diary.

Thanks for not taking it bad :)

Interesting comments RE RBNZ & Grant VS Elon's actions.

Watchful
07-11-2021, 03:23 PM
I enjoy having a nosey in this thread from time to time. Its always appreciated when people on this forum freely share knowledge, there for you to take or leave as you like.

The Elon share sale/tax tee-up I find very interesting. Could be every bit as at face value - sell the shares, pay a mega tax bill while securing a hefty cash cushion independent of any company valuation, ride the PR train, earn some brownie points with the govt perhaps to get the ev rebate increased further to match the unionised manufacturers..

Or for a wildcard, he might have other plans and be setting some shorters up to be royally murdered.

Time will tell.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 05:10 PM
S.E.C (securities exchange commission) might want to look into Elons Brother Kimbal Musk selling ~$100,000,000 in stock last week/

While there at it they can investigate TeslaGod he sold as well

Inside trading is a federal offence.

TeslaGod
07-11-2021, 06:47 PM
S.E.C (securities exchange commission) might want to look into Elons Brother Kimbal Musk selling ~$100,000,000 in stock last week/

While there at it they can investigate TeslaGod he sold as well

Inside trading is a federal offence.

Nice day in Auckland city

Fyi

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 08:28 AM
Shanghai deliveries monthly released tomorrow/

Numbers expected to be down from previous month due to long Chinese public holiday,/

Business Media likely to make a headline out of it although it isn't an issue/

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 08:56 AM
Polls closed

Majority agree Elon should sell 21billion in TSLA stock/

My best guess He will most likely start selling down large blocks over the next few days/weeks

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 02:32 PM
Polls closed

Majority agree Elon should sell 21billion in TSLA stock/

My best guess He will most likely start selling down large blocks over the next few days/weeks

Some analysts are saying sell off could fizzle out as some large investment banks are underweight TSLA and will use this as an opportunity to buy in/

Usually takes a few days for SP to find it's new base.

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 02:47 PM
NASDAQ futures open in the red/ will get a better idea of TSLA SP in pre market trading hours.

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 03:24 PM
Jefferies increased its TSLA PT inline with mine to $1400

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 04:16 PM

Note when I or analysts give price targets/they are usually 6 to 12 months before they hit.

There also base case scenarios/ so bull case is $1600/

It's best to plan on the base case /Aligning with company technical fundamentals.

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 06:46 PM
BTC up 5%

BTC investors thinking Elon going to buy BTC after selling 21billion in TSLA stock/

I think there getting ahead of themselves

As posted earlier Elon has call option contract's he has to exercise/sell

He has a California Tax bill that needs paying/I doubt it will go towards BTC.

pedro.nz
08-11-2021, 08:04 PM
From Tuesday 9 November the US share markets will open one hour later at 3:30am NZT and close at 10am NZT.

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 08:16 PM
From Tuesday 9 November the US share markets will open one hour later at 3:30am NZT and close at 10am NZT.

Thanks I need to stock up on red bull.

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 08:17 PM

Jefferies carry a lot of weight and respect on the street.

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 10:04 PM
Tesla October China deliveries /exports beat expectations! 54391;

This along with Jefferies PT increase to 1400 will help steady the ship

Almost like some crazy rocket scientist already knew ;)

TSLA down pre market 6%

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 10:11 PM
Tesla October China deliveries /exports beat expectations! 54391;

This along with Jefferies PT increase to 1400 will help steady the ship

Almost like some crazy rocket scientist already knew ;)

TSLA down pre market 6%

This is a big beat considering China had a week off for public holidays.

TeslaGod
08-11-2021, 10:25 PM
Q4 delivery estimates will likely be increased on China beat.

As I earlier posted/Elon most likely knew this and had to hose off the SP to stop it getting ahead of itself

That's my take on the weekends drama.

TeslaGod
09-11-2021, 03:49 AM
Q4 delivery estimates will likely be increased on China beat.

As I earlier posted/Elon most likely knew this and had to hose off the SP to stop it getting ahead of itself

That's my take on the weekends drama.

2/Stock split "will" be coming at some stage/it's not a good look on Elon if share price increases to $2000 in a short period being the richest man on the planet

3/Tesla employees have incentives of TSLA stock options expiry in a few years/ there a carrot to stay loyal to the company/if the share price increases too fast the contracts could be sold earlier loosing the motivation of workers/some LT Tesla workers have purchased homes with Tesla stock options.

Certainly beats the unions.

Elon is one of the most intelligent minds of a generation /he knows exactly how to play the game.

4/Everyone has to pay "some" tax/even the richest man on the planet.

TeslaGod
09-11-2021, 04:45 AM
Triple wedge to quadruple?

TeslaGod
09-11-2021, 04:53 AM
Triple wedge to quadruple?

1st wedge extended 85%

2nd wedge extended 38%

3rd wedge extended 80%

4th wedge as of close Friday 38%

Same day Kimball Musk sold TSLA stock.

TeslaGod
09-11-2021, 08:56 AM
PepsiCo is expecting its first delivery of Tesla Semi trucks in the fourth quarter /CEO Ramon Laguarta .

TeslaGod
09-11-2021, 09:00 AM
PepsiCo is expecting its first delivery of Tesla Semi trucks in the fourth quarter /CEO Ramon Laguarta .

Should add 20% gross margin FY 2022.

TeslaGod
09-11-2021, 09:23 AM
Not much worth buying today/just bought some TSLA September 2022 calls/

TeslaGod
09-11-2021, 10:21 AM
S&P 500 closed above 4700

TSLA stock continues to fall A/H to $1159

TeslaGod
09-11-2021, 10:28 AM
S&P 500 closing for the first time above 4700 with infrastructure stocks rally on 1.2trillion Biden infrastructure bill.

This is why the NZX50 has been in the red all year/ no leadership /no forward guidance just a 5$ per week hand out over the next few years.

Buy America if you want some real return.

TeslaGod
09-11-2021, 05:02 PM
Tesla has been approved by the State of Texas to operate as a Retail Electric Provider.

Yes Tesla is more than a EV manufacturer.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 04:03 AM
Looks like Elon selling his shares now. TSLA down 8%

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 04:19 AM
Exciting first hour of the market/much more opportunities to buy a cross a number of sectors.

Last hour should be interesting.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 05:03 AM
Looks like Elon selling his shares now. TSLA down 8%

24million shares traded in first hour /possibly Elon selling.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 05:32 AM
Looks like China deliveries may increase full year deliveries >900k street estimates 890k.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 06:06 AM
TSLA down 10%

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 06:44 AM
When you have built up a war chest from recent gains the red market is a sign of relief that you made the right moves.

I'm being patient while buying not greedy.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 06:45 AM
When you have built up a war chest from recent gains the red market is a sign of relief that you made the right moves.

I'm being patient while buying not greedy.

Truly a good day for me/hopefully more to come.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 06:58 AM
Let's gooo below$1000!!!!

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 07:07 AM
Biden meets with Powell&Brainard at white house for Federal reserve governor/this is why market is red.

If Powell is replaced it's a bearish sign for the market.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 07:17 AM
Only dipping my toes in the water/ with all time highs across all indices they are barely of there all time highs.

If more red days come I'll buy/if they don't happy to hold off for now.

Cashed up and margin debt free.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 07:41 AM
Biden meets with Powell&Brainard at white house for Federal reserve governor/this is why market is red.

If Powell is replaced it's a bearish sign for the market.

If Elon hasn't sold his shares yet could be more pain for TSLA stock.

He has to declare in an SEC filing when and how much / I'm unsure of the rules of if it has to be after market close or not.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 08:32 AM
Nice profit taking for you other day...
:cool:ccThanks congrats on BTC hitting ATH.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 09:14 AM
TSLA over 2 days so for is down 15%

Although up 70% for the year so not much of a fall ...yet.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 09:43 AM
I'm able to buy/sell TSLA stock after hours which can be very profitable/also an unfair advantage for those who can't.

whatsup
10-11-2021, 09:59 AM
Not much worth buying today/just bought some TSLA September 2022 calls/

T G, big call with TSLA falling 12% today, will take a while for Musk to complete his desire Im picking ! What price was the Sept 2022 calls, 10 monthe is along way out.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 10:11 AM
T G, big call with TSLA falling 12% today, will take a while for Musk to complete his desire Im picking ! What price was the Sept 2022 calls, 10 monthe is along way out.

Yeah I know /I usually go long on calls much safer plus I'm not paying much up front on the options so I don't bother covering with puts.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 10:19 AM
Yeah I know /I usually go long on calls much safer plus I'm not paying much up front on the options so I don't bother covering with puts.

Although TSLA being TSLA I could come to regret that!!

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 10:28 AM
TSLA down A/H 1118 now -17% since peak/Which seems a little dramatic /Elons only going to sell 2%.

I'm not complaining that's TSLA and Elon for you.

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 10:39 AM
If Elon hasn't sold his shares yet could be more pain for TSLA stock.

He has to declare in an SEC filing when and how much / I'm unsure of the rules of if it has to be after market close or not.
No filing yet/ once he gives word pain should stop.

Like I said he may be purposely hosing down the SP

TeslaGod
10-11-2021, 09:30 PM

This post aged well.

TeslaGod
11-11-2021, 03:01 AM
US inflation data came in at 0.9 beating estimates of 0.6

This is not good for growth stocks like Tesla

TeslaGod
11-11-2021, 03:08 AM
I'll be dollar cost averaging buying down TSLA under 1000

My 1400 PT assumes a US 10y Treasury @2%

Currently 1.47% up 2 BP on CPI data.

TeslaGod
11-11-2021, 03:12 AM
Bank of America raised its TSLA PT to 1200 (previously 1000)

TeslaGod
11-11-2021, 03:19 AM
I'll be dollar cost averaging buying down TSLA under 1000

My 1400 PT assumes a US 10y Treasury @2%

Currently 1.47% up 2 BP on CPI data.

TSLA down 1.6% to 1006 pre market

TeslaGod
11-11-2021, 04:07 AM
Bought TSLA under 1000 market quickly bought the dip luckily I had limit buy set that moved fast.

TeslaGod
11-11-2021, 08:39 AM
Bears stepping back in

pedro.nz
16-11-2021, 07:21 PM
I'm wary all this drama from Elon could be a set-up for a stock split.

if they do split again, what’s your take on what’s likely to happen….

pedro.nz
17-11-2021, 03:37 PM
Another jump in share price although not as much as last time they split.

Have had a quick look at the figures for the last split on 31st Aug 2020...
Price at C.O.B on the day before split was US$442.68
Price at C.O.B on the day of the split was US$498.32
Dropped over the next few days to a low of US$330.21 and carried on upwards from there, albeit with the usual ups and downs...

So if you had say 50 shares before the split they would have been worth approx US$22134
After the 5:1 split you would have then had 250 shares worth approx US$124580 - an immediate gain of US$102446 :t_up:
Even after the drop they would still have been worth a hell of a lot more than pre split...

And to take it a bit further, if you had then kept them until the last peak on 4th Nov 2021 then they would be worth approx US$307447 and at the exchange rate of 0.7167 that day, then...

I will just carry on dreaming now :D:D

pedro.nz
17-11-2021, 03:42 PM
Anything under 1000 should return 40% in 6 to 12 months.

Should be another big Q4 earnings as well.

Scheduled for Jan 25, 2022, 5 PMEDT

iceman
17-11-2021, 11:14 PM
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1459324304852762629?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1459324304852762629%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vb.is%2Ffrettir%2Fthrir-af-fimm-misstu-af-tesla-lestinni%2F171443%2F

pedro.nz
20-11-2021, 05:52 PM
Thanks for your regular snippets of info TG - appreciate it.

The EV market is certainly hotting up now isn’t it.
2022 is going to be a very interesting year methinks - looking forward to it…

kiora
20-11-2021, 09:37 PM
Is this True?
"There are a finite number of well-heeled hipsters and iconoclasts who are willing to fork out big money for a car that they love but could prove about as reliable as a sundial at night."
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opinion-analysis/300457207/tesla-owners-love-their-cars-but-theyre-as-reliable-as-a-sundial-at-night

LaserEyeKiwi
21-11-2021, 11:33 AM
Is this True?
"There are a finite number of well-heeled hipsters and iconoclasts who are willing to fork out big money for a car that they love but could prove about as reliable as a sundial at night."
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opinion-analysis/300457207/tesla-owners-love-their-cars-but-theyre-as-reliable-as-a-sundial-at-night

Uh…this “news article” (its an opinion piece) says that despite some surperficial issues like paint finish & minor panel gaps, Tesla has by far and away the highest customer satisfaction rating possible - 5 out of 5. So sure i guess its true?

dln
21-11-2021, 08:45 PM
It's a valid question though.
Once the kool-aid brigade have all got one, how is the penetration into the rest of the market going to stack up?

This comparison review is interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffpnLgfHloo

dln
21-11-2021, 09:40 PM
What's a valid question? The Gap's and paint imperfections were corrected some time ago, have you been to TESLA in Auckland to see one in person?Yes, Ive seen a few in person and they're certainly not what I would call a "premium" product. From many sources, build quality is still very much an ongoing issue.

And a typical uninformed question about what happens when all the kool-aid brigade has a TESLA.

EVs make up a less than 3% of vehicles/it's going to take the best part of this decade to get anywhere near 50%,..are you going to own your same car for another decade?Well that would be a much better contribution to "the environment" than buying a new EV.

Buy a Ford buy a Nio buy any EV it's only helping the cause... Tesla will control 30% of the entire vehicle fleet by 2030 so there's plenty of room for them to come 2nd 3rd 4th place.Won't help Tesla to buy the competition, and I think your 30% claim is ludicrously optimistic.

dln
21-11-2021, 10:28 PM
None of your responses make any sense as none of them are fact.You clearly have some challenges with written communication, maybe you should stay at school a little longer.

If you're going to comment on this thread please keep updated to relevant information not something you Google searched that came out in 2018.Seems you also have challenges with dates.

Your arguments are several years old and TESLA being the most in demand vehicle in the world sold out for over a year for some models proves you embarrassingly wrong.

And please don't post up "YouTube" link to a Ford march E,there a ICE manufacturer with very very bad software technology trying to compete with Tesla, who happen to have the best software engineers in the world working for them.Clearly, the guys reviewing them were unaware of that "fact".

Panda-NZ-
21-11-2021, 10:48 PM
There is a reason why Tesla has a 1 trillion dollar market cap/ It's a decade ahead of anyone else and by the time the competition has a decade under its belt , Tesla will be so large no other EV manufacturer will matter.

Tesla has done well because its a meme stock like bitcoin etc.

2019: $60
2021: $1100

dln
21-11-2021, 10:54 PM
A typical response when someone is embarrassingly smashed in a debate they resort to personal insults thus showing any lack of understanding in the topic of the debate."Debate" is an optimistic interpretation of your postings.

I can do this all day...Indeed, you do.

dln
22-11-2021, 12:25 PM
Tesla is much more than a car company
Yes, I'm expecting imminent application for tax free status on account of being a religion....

RTM
24-11-2021, 11:11 AM
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=cnbc+tesla+news&docid=14040481557124&mid=73DDDBE486AF7205BDD873DDDBE486AF7205BDD8&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Amazing !

LaserEyeKiwi
25-11-2021, 11:25 AM
Tesla has done well because its a meme stock like bitcoin etc.

2019: $60
2021: $1100

not correct at all. Tesla has increased in value because it is growing Revenue and profits like crazy, and is achieving gross margins absolutely unheard of for a mass market manufacturer. Along side that every single stupid Bear argument has been either proven as totally false or failed to happen as predicted. Even the most conservative analysts admit they got Tesla completely wrong and now acknowledge it is a cashflow gusher.

The most reputable conservative analyst I know is Aswath Damodaran, the dean of valuation at NYU, who is widely known for his very dry discounted cashflow valuation of companies, and in his latest post he details exactly why he was so terribly terribly wrong on Tesla stock value. He now recognizes it definitely should be worth over half a trillion dollars today, rather than the low tens of billions worth he previously assigned.

Note that he is still being conservative with his projections, which is his right, but even with these conservative estimates of Tesla future profits, he still values the company as legitimately one of the largest in America with unparalleled financial performance for a manufactured goods company in terms of capital and operating efficiencies and margins.

He currently thinks the share price is above fair value, but he is not stupid enough to suggest its unworthy of a high above half trillion valuation or being just a “meme stock”.

pedro.nz
25-11-2021, 12:48 PM
Thank you - has been a wonderful ride so far :)

FTG
26-11-2021, 12:15 PM
A couple of interesting factoids for Tesla disciples to eat their hearts out on...

Since its 2010 IPO it has declined:

10% 12 times
25% 8 times
30% 5 times
40% 2 times
50% 1 time
100% 0 times (not yet?)

TOTAL return since IPO: +29,035%.

STr
27-11-2021, 06:06 AM
Dow dumped 1000 points

how do you think this new FUD will effect Wall Street ? If it is down 1000 now - do you see that emotion leveling off soon today or going out into next week ? Buy on dips but how long does bad news keep the market dipping ?

pedro.nz
28-11-2021, 01:05 PM
mmm - methinks I will wait a few days to see which way the current sentiment pans out…
Stop loss took me out of Tesla on Friday but will definitely get back in.

pedro.nz
28-11-2021, 04:29 PM
Wondering why such a large staff number in a pretty automated environment…

pedro.nz
28-11-2021, 06:31 PM
Certainly have been hiring at a very fast rate - haven’t found the current figure for 2021 yet…

As of December 31, Tesla counted 70,757 full-time employees around the world, documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

pedro.nz
29-11-2021, 01:08 PM
https://youtu.be/2yV-AwNqfic
Giga Factory clip...

dln
29-11-2021, 09:01 PM
Wow.
They certainly lead the field in hazard light tech!
https://youtu.be/7HByHSr_KTY

dln
29-11-2021, 09:43 PM
Combustion petrol engine fire's dwarf EV fire's by hundreds of thousands to one.Well, yes - ICE vehicles outnumber BEV's by hundreds of thousands to one.
I'm sure the relative percentages are well down for newer tech vehicles (both BEV & ICE) and no doubt much more effort is put into fire suppression design in BEV's because of the obvious disadvantages of the batteries once they are on fire.

You don't seem to post YouTube clips of thousands of petrol cars burning on this threadThat would be quite off topic, no?

Please carry on dln ,I enjoy making a fool of you.Be sure to let us know when you start, I'd hate to miss it.

dln
30-11-2021, 12:10 AM
Go outside in your driveway

Poor petrol on the concrete

Put a couple of old batteries or cell phone batteries a meter away.

Now light them both, you will notice the petrol ignites and burns and the batteries do nothing.

Although I'm sure if you poured gasoline over the batteries they may burn similar to how many times I have burned you on this thread.To perform your example comparison, you would need to put the contents of the battery on your drive.
I know which cleanup I would rather be dealing with.

Maybe you could get a Teslabot to clean them both up for you?
Lycra suits and out-of-work actors are both going pretty cheap at the moment.

dln
30-11-2021, 08:08 AM
Now that's ironically funny.

What's ironically funny is your new choice of avatar - an actor playing at being a rich, successful character, while actually just following someone else's script.

Joshuatree
01-12-2021, 10:20 AM
Battery ETFs ?

Joshuatree
02-12-2021, 10:11 AM
No spare wheels,not even a space saver, I've been told those sealant spray cans wreck the tyres too.

Joshuatree
02-12-2021, 01:17 PM
Roadside assistance can take hours unless you're in a city and even then you may have to wait a while.But punctures happen less often these days.

pedro.nz
03-12-2021, 05:31 PM
Has he reached his target yet or is there more to come…

FTG
04-12-2021, 09:52 AM
I spent a lot of money today on some real beat up bloody stocks..

"Fortune favours the brave". It seems that you have been one of those brave TG.

In recent months, buying on the dip has served the disciplined VERY well. However, having some "insurance policies" in place should ideally be part of a disciplined trading strategy, whatever your view on the market.

For what it is worth, imho TSLA is starting to show some mid-term signs of fatigue. Circa $1000 is clearly an area of support/resistance. As much from a psychological perspective as anything else. It MAY bounce off/around this level for a period, but it could just as easily slice straight through it to the downside sometime over the next 10 trading days.

From what you say, you have a heavy bias in your equity portfolio towards TSLA. Young man, I would encourage you to at least have some cheap, out of the money, Put options in play.

hereweare
04-12-2021, 08:51 PM
Seriously?

My limit buy was 1000 I went to make a coffee and stock bottoms at 1000.25

WTF??:mad ;::lol::lol

Ouch, i know the feeling.

Keep the comments up - I'm quietly reading from the sidelines.

RupertBear
04-12-2021, 11:53 PM
Ouch, i know the feeling.

Keep the comments up - I'm quietly reading from the sidelines.

Me too :)

pedro.nz
05-12-2021, 07:35 PM
Elon Musk has sold another billion dollars of Tesla shares, bringing his share sales total since November 8 to $10.9 billion

Dassets
06-12-2021, 08:44 AM
Well I re-established at 1091 when it was on the way up. We will see how it goes. I am trying to maintain a general position (and with AIR) but you can't fight the tape the whole time. I am just waiting for the moment Teslarians realise that Telsa is launching 4 new cars in 2022(actually just upgrades) while there are at least 35 from other manufacturers. The 2023 year will worse for Tesla and imo Telsa can't fight that tape
How's that going? Same with AIR, just waiting for the cap raise or whatever happens.

Arthur
09-12-2021, 06:48 PM
China TESLA November deliveries miss 52859 Vs street estimates of 55000

My expectation is that production was higher than this. There are multiple boats that have left Shanghai, but not docked. I don't know if they are in the delivery figures. There is also a delay between Chinese buyers receiving cars and registering them.

Toulouse - Luzern
16-12-2021, 01:40 PM
TSLA up+ 1.82% on Fed forward guidance taking a firmer stance on inflation.

Next catalyst to push TSLA share price higher, Elon needs to sell the remaining 30% of shares.

<> Will he stop at 30%?

pedro.nz
16-12-2021, 03:35 PM
CNBC article...

Elon Musk’s sale of $906 million (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/14/elon-musk-sells-another-906point5-million-worth-of-tesla-shares.html) in Tesla (https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/TSLA) stock Monday brings him one step closer to his ultimate sales goal. The big question: what is the goal?
Based on his November Twitter poll, Musk (https://www.cnbc.com/elon-musk/) plans to sell 10% of his total Tesla shares. At the time, he owned just over 170 million shares, so theoretically he plans to sell about 17 million shares to fulfill his Twitter pledge (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/06/elon-musk-is-using-a-twitter-poll-to-decide-the-future-of-his-tesla-stock.html).

As of Tuesday morning, he has sold a total of 11.9 million shares, according to InsiderScore/Verity. The sales have been spread over a dizzying 680 sales for a total of about $12.7 billion. Based on his 10% target, he would likely sell another 5 million shares — which at Monday’s closing price of around $966 would be more than $4.8 billion.
It could end up being more, however. Musk is making two kinds of stock sales — one to pay taxes on his compensation package and the other for straight cash-outs, or “to-pocket” sales.

Panda-NZ-
28-12-2021, 01:05 AM
Still can't get over the Texas hq relocation.

Texas is where you park your $7.50/hr labour jobs but its not good for much else.

Joshuatree
03-01-2022, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the update. Is Starlink and that game changing necklace of satellites being put around the earth owned by Tesla?

pedro.nz
03-01-2022, 10:34 AM
Question for you TG...
Who do you use for pre/post market trading in US market ?
Thanks in advance...

pedro.nz
04-01-2022, 10:07 AM
Interactive Brokers/I don't trade after hours often, only on big news like Omicron etc.

Was a bit late thinking about this capability as I had not thought through the implications of not being able to trade in the after hours market.
Have not traded in the US markets until quite recently so still learning...
As at this point in time a 13.53% rise in value ($US143) to reach US$1199.78 with a high of US$1200.84

Suspect you are a very happy man this morning TG :t_up:

Baa_Baa
04-01-2022, 12:50 PM
Market seems unconcerned about 470,000 Tesla recalls.

BDL
04-01-2022, 07:42 PM
Tesla opens store in Xinjiang.
Made to by the CCP no doubt.
Tesla has lost all credibility, Elon has lost the plot.
Certainly not my sort of investment any more ...

BDL
05-01-2022, 05:17 AM
Certainly not jealousy mate.
The CCP has him by the short & curl's for sure.
Has sold his soul, unless he thinks he can out smart the CCP. That's possible I guess.;)
But he could also turn off a lot of investors like myself.

Walter
05-01-2022, 07:15 AM
Tesla opens store in Xinjiang.
Made to by the CCP no doubt.
Tesla has lost all credibility, Elon has lost the plot.
Certainly not my sort of investment any more ...

Xinjian, population about the same as Australia. The Tesla store is quite close to the Ford, Toyota and Gm dealers, but quite a way from the VW factory.

BDL
05-01-2022, 07:40 AM
So why would Tesla open a showroom in such a small place? (comparatively)
Especially when it is ground zero for Uyghur oppression.
I would speculate that they were told to do it, to help legitimise the area for the CCP.
There is a growing backlash world wide around what is happening here.
Doesn't make sense for Tesla to do this, unless they had to.

BDL
05-01-2022, 12:26 PM
All just makes Tesla a more risky investment IMO.

Walter
05-01-2022, 01:25 PM
So why would Tesla open a showroom in such a small place? (comparatively)
Especially when it is ground zero for Uyghur oppression.
I would speculate that they were told to do it, to help legitimise the area for the CCP.
There is a growing backlash world wide around what is happening here.
Doesn't make sense for Tesla to do this, unless they had to.
Many of the "small" population of 28 million have bought Tesla's and need a service centre. VW actually produces cars there and all of the major car manufacturers have dealerships/service centres there. Xianjiang is a major renewable energy producer, so EVs make more sense there than in the more coal centric regions.

Panda-NZ-
05-01-2022, 09:33 PM
Tesla will run out of good ideas due to the "best of texas" trying to compete with the actual worlds best.

hereweare
06-01-2022, 02:40 PM
First buys of any shares in the new year
Yup, same here, shares on discount :)
Oh and People always hate, don’t worry too much.

Dassets
14-01-2022, 09:58 AM
The biggest "threat" to Tesla is simple. Competition. This year over 40 EVs will be launched. 4 will be Tesla and that includes 3 face-lift/upgrades. Tesla fails to get Cybrtrk to market 3.5 years after "launch". F150 in the market q1 and double plans for next 12 months to 150t. All sold. Took Tesla 10 years to get to 1m per annum all models. Most big manufacturers launching/ed EV platforms. Basically anyone who thought Ford/GM/VW/Ota were just sitting around sipping jungle juice are just naive. Tesla's window to dominate long term is closed. Just took too long.

Dassets
14-01-2022, 01:04 PM
Wow so you have other $100,000,000 in real estate. That is impressive.

Toyota built 2m hybrid vehicles in 2020. Remarkably all the large manufacturers are skilled at logistics and planning. Are you saying that Ford has not secured the raw materials for the 150t F150s?

To be fair I don't believe that when they manage the production of millions of other vehicles that forgot to manage the ev builds.

Now back to having my jungle juice cocktail on this hot afternoon.

Jay
14-01-2022, 01:21 PM
That's 9 figures Dassets, try tens of millions as in $15,000,000 - think that is 8 figures - still impressive.... maybe

Dassets
14-01-2022, 09:38 PM
Arrr you said in excess of 8 figures. So the first 9 figure number is 100,000,000. That is the first number in excess of 8 figures.

fungus pudding
14-01-2022, 09:57 PM
Arrr you said in excess of 8 figures. So the first 9 figure number is 100,000,000. That is the first number in excess of 8 figures.

No I didn't.

Dassets
14-01-2022, 10:36 PM
https://cdn.motor1.com/images/custom/bev-car-comparisons-us-2022-01-07-img.png

Here is a summary of all EVs currently for sale. Note that Tesla does not have any batterypack size aka tech advantage. Cyber truck being delayed til next year will mean that "interest" book will shrink fast. That is just business 101. The scale of non-Tesla launches are accelerating. This is very similar to Nokia and Motorola/mobile phone market development imo. BTW I always assumed that the cybertruck was just a cover for the actual final launch model.

Also I am not embarrassed because I know that in excess means more than.

Dassets
14-01-2022, 11:00 PM
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tale-ancient-transition-john-southworth

You might like to read this article. It introduces a concern around raw materials in this sort of product change and a broader issue. BTW your 1% move in fed funds and impact not quite right but at least you understand the possible outcomes. I did some regression analysis on something very similar 30 years ago when I started out as a quant.

fungus pudding
21-01-2022, 07:56 AM
Wowsers 105,000 views on this thread

I remember when I first joined this forum last winter there was less than 30,000 views after 6 years.

Seems like winner's want to win

I'm not surprised since TESLAGOD is the most successful investor on this forum.

There seems to be more expert epidemiologist than actually real investors on this forum.

I find it a fascinating thread. Just as some people turn to the crossword in their local papers, I get my entertainment from your posts.

BDL
21-01-2022, 08:12 AM
I find it a fascinating thread. Just as some people turn to the crossword in their local papers, I get my entertainment from your posts.

Agree with that one. I find it a bit like a comedy script where I look forward to today's episode....

ynot
21-01-2022, 08:31 AM

Yes, better than the crossword, I have yet to work out if TESLAGOD is real or just part of last nights latest dream.

Dassets
21-01-2022, 10:14 AM
Revenue isn't part of a P/E calculation.

ynot
21-01-2022, 11:19 AM
No one goes to church any more

A God needs to communicate with his believer's.

Believe in TESLA believe in TESLA GOD and you can achieve true wealth and knowledge.
Must confess teslagod, I was temped at $500 but I did nothing.

Dassets
21-01-2022, 03:34 PM
Profit which was derived from your claim of 70x PE. Keep up grasshopper.

BTW you know profit is different from revenue right???

dln
21-01-2022, 08:08 PM
Tesla God is a 2nd year B/Com drop out
Judging by your postings, I would have picked it was high school you hadn't finished.

fungus pudding
21-01-2022, 09:09 PM
Judging by your postings, I would have picked it was high school you hadn't finished.

How right you are. Although TeslaGod would call them posting's.

fungus pudding
22-01-2022, 07:04 AM

Judging by the last few, I would be surprised if he'd even started.

Dassets
22-01-2022, 07:56 AM
It was hard to know where he was coming from. I started to think he was a high school kid or some sort of fantasist. If he isn't then I hope his double down strategy works out. I have used it myself at the casino on roulette, red or black. It works until it doesn't then you walk out with little else but memories.

Dassets
22-01-2022, 08:58 AM
Post the contract note from today and your holding balance. Blank off your name and any identifying data. Leave on the date and New Zealand part of the address. Here is your shot to impress everyone.

Dassets
22-01-2022, 09:09 AM
I sent something along those lines to as a private msg already and before you asked. I am happy to see yours privately and confirm to the room that you have many millions of dollars in TSLA and you brought a lot today

PS having 50% of your "portfolio" in one stock means it isn't a portfolio. It is just a stock holding.

Dassets
22-01-2022, 09:30 AM
We were talking about stocks, are you backing out? Wisest thing you could do. It isn't embarrassing maybe exaggerating things from time to time.....

pedro.nz
22-01-2022, 10:18 AM
Will be waiting with buy finger poised once results announced :)

Dassets
22-01-2022, 10:41 AM
There is an old saying "Money Talks and Bull**** Walks'. I am not sure what it means but I have always liked it. Have a good day 'TeslaGod'

Walter
24-01-2022, 11:12 AM
I think that the margins at Shanghai would be much higher than those at Fremont, the price hikes in USA should help Fremont. I expect margins at Austin and Berlin to be lower initially, but very high at the end of 2022.

Dassets
25-01-2022, 08:34 AM
Wrapped up my Tesla shorts last night. And as they say on the Street "Thanks for coming TeslaGod, but I have another appointment".

Dassets
25-01-2022, 08:57 AM
I would rather be driving my 6.2 Litre SLS than your model 3. The SLS can still do 3.6 secs to 100 while you wonder what is wrong with your battery. Is it the cold weather effect? Or the 30 min wait to recharge.

Joshuatree
25-01-2022, 09:10 AM
I would rather be driving my 6.2 Litre SLS than your model 3. The SLS can still do 3.6 secs to 100 while you wonder what is wrong with your battery. Is it the cold weather effect? Or the 30 min wait to recharge.

So you were greenwashing all along and now it's come down to comparing the size of your dicks,egos out of control and no moral compass.

TeslaGod
25-01-2022, 03:56 PM
Most people don't understand Tesla has haters because Tesla is a disruptive technology.

Tesla will cause many companies to collapse .

Censoring me won't stop this from the inevitable.

Vince
25-01-2022, 04:53 PM
Censoring me won't stop this from the inevitable.

Getting rid of you permanently will be easier, then others will not have to listen to your constant one-line post building self quoting megalomaniac posts.

Walter
26-01-2022, 11:07 AM
Wrapped up my Tesla shorts last night. And as they say on the Street "Thanks for coming TeslaGod, but I have another appointment". Wise choice, it sounds like a good trade. Tomorrow Tesla's historic PE will drop below that of NWF. Tesla will still have a high PE, but it is dropping like a rock.

Mepco
26-01-2022, 05:45 PM
Nothing from TeslaGod for a day, unusual, dont let the haters wear you down TeslaGod, us tesla bulls need a spokesman and your it :t_up:

pedro.nz
27-01-2022, 11:32 AM
Tesla reported fourth-quarter results that came in stronger than expected, but shares fell slightly in extended trading on Wednesday after the automaker warned supply chain issues could persist throughout 2022.

Earnings (adjusted): $2.52 per share, vs. $2.36 per share expected by analysts
Revenue: $17.72 billion, vs. $16.57 billion expected by analysts
Revenue rose 65% year over year in the quarter, while automotive revenue totaled $15.97 billion, up 71%

Energy generation and storage revenue was $688 million, which was down 8% and below the StreetAccount consensus of $815.1 million. It was the lowest revenue for that division since the first quarter of 2021.

Net income, at $2.32 billion, was up some 760%, and Tesla said it had a 27.4% gross margin, compared with 26.6% in the previous quarter.

“Our own factories have been running below capacity for several quarters as supply chain became the main limiting factor, which is likely to continue through 2022,” the company said.
In 2021, Tesla delivered 936,172 vehicles, an 87% increase versus 2020 when it reported its first annual profit on deliveries of 499,647.
Its 2021 deliveries included 308,600 electric vehicles in the fourth quarter. (Deliveries are the closest approximation to sales reported by Tesla.)

pedro.nz
27-01-2022, 11:47 AM
After hours market has gone up over 3% at time of this posting this so will be interesting to see how it goes tomorrow...

Walter
27-01-2022, 05:35 PM
There were several interesting bits in the earnings and call.
Tesla say that they are producing cars in both Berlin and Austin already, but say they will produce 1.4 million cars this year from Fremont and Shanghai alone. If the supply chain issues improve, they could produce over 2 million cars this year. That would make it similar in size to BMW, but growing, not shrinking.
4680 batteries are going to be used in the Austin cars.
Elon claims (yet again) that the car will be able to drive itself by the end of the year. The self driving (FSD Beta) testers can sometimes drive hours without an issue. In more difficult places, like Manhattan NYC it struggles (as most of us would).
There should be a boost to profits of about 1 $billion this year as Elon's incentive package is now all but paid for.
Energy underperformed, but should accelerate from here.

hereweare
28-01-2022, 06:56 AM
After hours market has gone up over 3% at time of this posting this so will be interesting to see how it goes tomorrow...

So far, rather painful!

pedro.nz
28-01-2022, 08:29 AM
Yes, happy that I made the decision to sell before the results. It’s a very short term trading stock for me…

hereweare
28-01-2022, 09:41 AM
Nothing from TeslaGod for a day, unusual, dont let the haters wear you down TeslaGod, us tesla bulls need a spokesman and your it :t_up:

I just noticed that all posts have been deleted ! Seems like admins might’ve given him the boot.

pedro.nz
28-01-2022, 09:49 AM
Yes, think they have - wonder how much he lost today as Tesla is down another 10% today

hereweare
28-01-2022, 11:18 AM
Yes, think they have - wonder how much he lost today as Tesla is down another 10% today

Only losing if you realise it :)

Dassets
28-01-2022, 11:24 AM
I suspect he may not have been genuine, may have been a pumper on chatrooms all around the world. Believe it, that has been happening for 20 years. Today crypto and Tesla are the stars but how do you think Gamestop and AMC ever happened. I emphasize it is only a suspicion. I challenged him on a few things he said and the answers evaded dealing with the core question. He could have established his bona fides very easily but never did.

Organised crime certainly is active. Joking aside, it featured in The Sopranos for a while 20 years ago as a scam they were running. Where do you think the scrip writers for that show got most of their ideas from that they based a storyline on. Given the ability to electronically operate anywhere in the world and shield yourself it could be anyone anywhere, not necessarily just the Bada Bing Club guys.

pedro.nz
28-01-2022, 12:40 PM
Only losing if you realise it :)

Of course, but it still hurts a bit to see your picks go in the wrong direction dosn't it ;)

pedro.nz
28-01-2022, 01:13 PM
I suspect he may not have been genuine, may have been a pumper on chatrooms all around the world. Believe it, that has been happening for 20 years. Today crypto and Tesla are the stars but how do you think Gamestop and AMC ever happened. I emphasize it is only a suspicion. I challenged him on a few things he said and the answers evaded dealing with the core question. He could have established his bona fides very easily but never did.

Organised crime certainly is active. Joking aside, it featured in The Sopranos for a while 20 years ago as a scam they were running. Where do you think the scrip writers for that show got most of their ideas from that they based a storyline on. Given the ability to electronically operate anywhere in the world and shield yourself it could be anyone anywhere, not necessarily just the Bada Bing Club guys.

Yes, it's very easy for rampers, trolls, etc etc to hide themselves electronically these days so it can be hard to know what's genuine these days.
This is the only forum I regularly read and have noticed over the last few years that it has become less and less about the stock market and good research mores the pity...
Anyway, enough from me, back to this threads subject matter...

Wondering why this stock dropped so much on what I thought was a reasonable result...

Positives...
1. Two new giga factories opening soon
2. EPS beat predictions - rose 217% YOY
3. Revenue beat predictions - rose 64.9% YOY
4. Vehicle deliveries for FY2021 rose 87.4%

Negatives...
1. Supply chain issues will probably the biggest issue for 2022
2. No new models in the near future including Cybertrucks, Commercial trucks and cheap EV's around the $25,000 mark
3. Current market sentiment - NASDAQ down over 15% in the last month

hereweare
28-01-2022, 02:03 PM
Of course, but it still hurts a bit to see your picks go in the wrong direction dosn't it ;)

Oh for sure, it certainly does, don’t get me wrong. But I invest long term so it doesn’t worry me.

hereweare
28-01-2022, 02:04 PM
Yes, it's very easy for rampers, trolls, etc etc to hide themselves electronically these days so it can be hard to know what's genuine these days.
This is the only forum I regularly read and have noticed over the last few years that it has become less and less about the stock market and good research mores the pity...

Wondering why this stock dropped so much on what I thought was a reasonable result...

Positives...

Negatives...
2. No new models in the near future including Cybertrucks, Commercial trucks and cheap EV's around the $25,000 mark

From my quick research it’s mainly due to no new EV offerings this year.

I don’t mind it, means I get a longer opportunity to buy more.

Walter
29-01-2022, 07:06 AM

Positives...

Negatives...

A couple of positives that you missed
They will be using both front and rear castings at the new Texas factory along with the new battery (lowers costs)
I think the model Y with structural pack is a new product
They are happy enough to proceed with the new battery (this is earlier than Tesla predicted)
Energy will ramp - it has been starved as cars are higher profit (subject to chip availability)
There are a number of "one off" expenses in the accounts, my estimate is the next quarter these will drop about $500 million
They are very confident FSD will be solved this year (no matter on the timeline - this is huge if they are correct)
They have already released the Semi in small quantities, I expect it to ramp in quarter 4 (subject to chips)
The humanoid emphasis shows they think they have solved the bigger BEV issues (cybertruck manufacture aside)

The cherry on top would be a new green BBB with a BEV incentive getting voted in. I think that Biden is starting to realise that he will lose what ever control he had of the House and Senate soon. I put that at about 30%.

pedro.nz
29-01-2022, 01:02 PM
Thanks Walter - good points...

Had a quick trade this morning - managed $15 per share :)
Too chicken to stay in longer at the moment - things are too volatile on many fronts...

pedro.nz
29-01-2022, 01:08 PM
Have just read this - the race is on...

GM's Mary Barra: First Ride In Driverless Car Beyond Incredible (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-nz/sport/more-sports/gm-s-mary-barra-first-ride-in-driverless-car-beyond-incredible/ar-AATft0q?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=W000)

Dassets
30-01-2022, 07:35 PM
I think the issue is really about the lack of new models esp SUV and no current work on Tesla 2. The CyberTruck to me looks a dog. The "styling" is pure 1970s sci-fi. Go check out an episode of Logan's Run for those that never saw it or erased it from memory. It would be fascinating to see consumer test marketing especially now alternatives are in the market. Put up the photos, feel etc of F150 vs Cybertruck to people and see what they would choose. Ask yourself would you buy one? Or an EV Range Rover or an EV Ranger

My guess is the delay is not by choice, how could it be? Tesla needs a SUV/pickup/crossover offering in the US market, that is 70% of the market. Luxury car/mid-size is only 15%. The reality is competition, while very slow out of the blocks, has finished development of their broad platforms. I would love to see how many Tesla owners actually buy again vs other brands rather than just intend.

The other 2 things which were odd, 50% sales growth until 2030 means it gets to 28m vehicles, half of all production globally of all sorts of cars,. the cheapest indian or chinese car to the most expensive. Really? And lastly focusing on the robot, how about prove up the car business first. Market cap at at a point in time does not equal business success btw.

So where do the stock buyers come from, portfolio players either insto or individual - maybe, big corporate position takers(no chance), sellers, those that have over 50% of net wealth in Tesla and rebalance- probably, staff - yes, not many others. The passives don't need to re-balance. So if I weigh it up I can't see the reason to be long. But everyone has an opinion.

dln
30-01-2022, 08:32 PM
focusing on the robot
Anybody that thinks the "robot" is anything more than a joke is living in an alternate reality.

Walter
30-01-2022, 10:03 PM
Good points Dassets. The Cybertruck design is different, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Over 1.5 million have preordered it, but I expect many of those to melt away. If 10% follow through it will still be a reasonable seller. If it is as functional as claimed it will be interesting to see if traditional truck owners are "man enough" to buy it. Hopefully at that stage GM and Ford will have more traditional BEV trucks being built in numbers. Rivian appears to have a great truck, that just can't make them yet.

Tesla has very high satisfaction rates from owners. For what it is worth the latest JD Powell survey showed " Being among the United States’ best-selling premium electric cars, the Tesla Model 3, Model Y, and Model S scored very well in JD Power’s EV satisfaction survey. The Model 3 topped the “Premium Battery Electric Vehicle” list (https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-jd-powers-first-ev-ownership-study/) with a score of 777 out of 1,000; the Model Y was close behind with 740 points, and the Model S scored a very respectable 756. Interestingly enough, the Ford Mustang Mach-E was placed in the “Mass Market Battery Electric Vehicle” category. Ford’s electric pony garnered an impressive 741 points out of 1,000." The expensive Audi Etron got 718. Bloomberg has showed similar results and it has been replicated in Germany.
The energy business is yet to contribute to profits, it has been sacrificed for cars, but this should change. There is also a move into insurance and several other smaller irons in the fire.
The big one will be whether they can crack automated driving. You may think there is zero chance, Elon would say 100%. They are certainly throwing many resources at it. They now have 60,000 beta trainers on the road, plus more than a million testing in shadow mode. Unprofitable Uber is valued at over $68 billion. Could Tesla clip the ticket on a driverless car?

Dassets
30-01-2022, 10:31 PM
Anybody that thinks the "robot" is anything more than a joke is living in an alternate reality.

Hmmm, didn't call it a joke. There were more pressing things to talk about to justify a mkt cap of a trillion, like a business not an R&D program when he got pressed on Tesla 2. Don't get me wrong, R&D is important, but so are other parts of a normally functioning business. All the elements need to come together. That is the point really. Many great ideas have died on the dance floor so to speak. Many companies, actually almost everyone(all maybe), that had a competitive advantage where they had the market to themselves, lost it. Most by thinking they had the market to themselves and failed to respond to competition.

I fly planes from time to time. We already have equipment that can be retrofitted into general aviation aircraft that will fly a complete approach or departure with buttons to push for autoland, autoglide, missed approach aka go-around or which will take over control if outside a performance envelop. That is that industry has been putting that technology in aircraft 50 years old. And you can do it for a fraction of the aircraft cost. Oh and there are multiple (not lots and lots as the industry never has had lots and lots) suppliers.

Aviation is already building AI into gear. Lots of companies are working on "robots" and have been for a long time.

ynot
31-01-2022, 08:28 AM

I followed HC for a while when i lived in Ausi. There was similar character turned up there, larger than life personality. He was good at picking winners or at least that how it appeared. He had a big following, always predicting the next big thing. Then he vanished.

fungus pudding
31-01-2022, 09:03 AM
I followed HC for a while when i lived in Ausi. There was similar character turned up there, larger than life personality. He was good at picking winners or at least that how it appeared. He had a big following, always predicting the next big thing. Then he vanished.

HC could be - Haircut. Helen Clark perhaps? Hopeless case? Hedgehog crap? Or do you have to live in Australia to find out? Looked it up but don't like the result. https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/hc

ynot
31-01-2022, 10:01 AM
HC could be - Haircut. Helen Clark perhaps? Hopeless case? Hedgehog crap? Or do you have to live in Australia to find out? Looked it up but don't like the result. https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/hc

Sorry FP. Hot Copper is Australia's biggest investment forum. Ausi version of Sharetrader.

ynot
31-01-2022, 10:04 AM
From memory I think he went under the name of Robo. Anyone remember him ?

fungus pudding
31-01-2022, 11:21 AM
Sorry FP. Hot Copper is Australia's biggest investment forum. Ausi version of Sharetrader.

Thanks. I'd forgotten hot copper existed.

pedro.nz
01-02-2022, 12:12 PM
Nasdaq...
14,239.88+469.31(+3.41%)At close: 05:15PM EST

Tesla...
936.72+90.37 (+10.68%)
At close: 04:00PM EST

One of the problems with day trading is waiting for funds to clear (2 days) so missed todays fun :)

pedro.nz
01-02-2022, 12:16 PM
As a matter of curiosity, are there many members here with shares in TSLA (other than normal managed funds which will probable hold a few) ??

Dassets
01-02-2022, 01:51 PM
I play the short side. Shorted last night.

hereweare
01-02-2022, 02:52 PM
As a matter of curiosity, are there many members here with shares in TSLA (other than normal managed funds which will probable hold a few) ??

I can only speak for myself and 3 others I know :)

Mepco
01-02-2022, 08:12 PM
All in on tesla, keep looking for something better but cant find it, Tesla (Elon) has proved over and over again they can make ideas happen very quickly into a reality, they are ahead of the competition, and not slowing down. I'm confident Tesla will eventually become the largest company in the world

pedro.nz
11-02-2022, 11:23 AM
Tesla mainly tracking sideways but still enough daily movements to make good day trades...

fungus pudding
11-02-2022, 11:34 AM
I can only speak for myself and 3 others I know :)

That's wonderfully helpful. Just out of idle curiosity, have you or any of the other 3 got got any?

hereweare
11-02-2022, 04:32 PM
That's wonderfully helpful. Just out of idle curiosity, have you or any of the other 3 got got any?

in second thought it’s not clear, yeah all of us have a decent holding.
I’ve been buying the recent dips quite regularly.

pedro.nz
19-03-2022, 11:14 AM
Has been a very good week for Tesla, a low of approx US$756 (NZ$1094) on Monday, closed this morning at US$905 (NZ$1310) - In tune with most of the US markets :)

whatsup
21-03-2022, 10:38 AM
Has been a very good week for Tesla, a low of approx US$756 (NZ$1094) on Monday, closed this morning at US$905 (NZ$1310) - In tune with most of the US markets :)

Thanks to the current oil price and with the debarcle there is more to come !

pedro.nz
23-03-2022, 07:04 PM
Berlin giga-factory opened today - market was very happy too ending the day at US$993.98 - up 7.91%

Dassets
24-03-2022, 09:07 AM
Re-established a short over the past few days with 50% done today. In it to win it!

Walter
24-03-2022, 09:39 AM
I hope a few more join you Dassets, the price has run up out of my buy range.

pedro.nz
29-03-2022, 08:28 AM
Up over 8% so far today on announcement that Tesla is going to ask shareholders to approve a stock split

Walter
29-03-2022, 09:04 AM
Damn, even with Shanghai out due to Covid the price still ran up. Austin will open this month, but hopefully the irrational market will focus on deliveries coming in light.

LaserEyeKiwi
02-04-2022, 10:59 AM
Damn, even with Shanghai out due to Covid the price still ran up. Austin will open this month, but hopefully the irrational market will focus on deliveries coming in light.

Wall Street has already lowered delivery expectations to 309k, which means a miss is much less likely given the impact from Shanghai lockdown would be 10k deliveries max in Q1. I guess we will know for sure before market reopens next week (delivery number should be out by Sunday morning NZ time)

LaserEyeKiwi
03-04-2022, 08:41 AM
310k deliveries - just beating consensus 309k estimate.

Walter
03-04-2022, 09:22 AM
Market is punishing such results, so Dassets might get a lifeline.

Dassets
03-04-2022, 10:11 AM
The Q1 production is out, production at 305,407 slightly down on the last qtr(Dec). Deliveries were 310,048 vs exp 308,838 but this expectation was reduced down last week when some downgrades came through so will disappoint the bullish analysts. IIDK whether this affects Musk's forecast of 50% increase this year.

I had to take some brave pills last week with some concrete soup. Being short this, bitcoin, AIR and long STU, NWF, small long RKLB will do that to a grown man. The "portfolio" is schizophrenic in behaviour. Think I may not have followed portfolio theory in class well enough. If you want to scare yourselves go look at the kiwi swap rates and continued plunge or the current account record deficit or US TreasurIes. I heard this week that Whanganui house prices are trading 18% below peak already. Happy to be short but better challenge the investment committee on stock selection.

Dassets
03-04-2022, 10:13 AM
Indeed, increased the tsla posn over the week, now where is the red ink???? And forgot establishing a new posn, long Alibaba

pedro.nz
03-04-2022, 05:12 PM
Two new factories getting ramped up and a stock split at some point may temper the downside somewhat. Will set the alarm to check what the pre market is doing and then decide if I want to jump back in when the market opens at 1:30am.

Walter
03-04-2022, 07:37 PM
The Q1 production is out, production at 305,407 slightly down on the last qtr(Dec). Deliveries were 310,048 vs exp 308,838 but this expectation was reduced down last week when some downgrades came through so will disappoint the bullish analysts. IIDK whether this affects Musk's forecast of 50% increase this year.

I had to take some brave pills last week with some concrete soup. Being short this, bitcoin, AIR and long STU, NWF, small long RKLB will do that to a grown man. The "portfolio" is schizophrenic in behaviour. Think I may not have followed portfolio theory in class well enough. If you want to scare yourselves go look at the kiwi swap rates and continued plunge or the current account record deficit or US TreasurIes. I heard this week that Whanganui house prices are trading 18% below peak already. Happy to be short but better challenge the investment committee on stock selection.
Tesla is up 68% over quarter one 2021. For the same time period in USA Toyota is -15%, GM -24%, Ford -17%, Honda -27%....Tesla Berlin is now open and Tesla Texas will open this month, doubling the number of Tesla car factories. Supply chain issues continue to plague the industry, but my money is on Tesla delivering about 70% more than they did last year.

LaserEyeKiwi
04-04-2022, 09:53 AM
Tesla is up 68% over quarter one 2021. For the same time period in USA Toyota is -15%, GM -24%, Ford -17%, Honda -27%....Tesla Berlin is now open and Tesla Texas will open this month, doubling the number of Tesla car factories. Supply chain issues continue to plague the industry, but my money is on Tesla delivering about 70% more than they did last year.

yes I dont see how a 68% increase year on year in Q1 is somehow a hindrance to a 50%+ y-o-y growth target, quite the opposite. In Q1 alone they are already 125,000 cars more than the same period last year, using the same factories (Fremont & Shanghai). So they only need 125k extra each quarter from the next 3 to achieve 50% growth (+490k vehciles) for the whole year. And they have two more factories just come online to help achieve this.

the only risk to Tesla not achieving 50% vehicle delivery growth this year is if China puts Shanghai into lockdown for a MONTHS long shutdown. Even in that worse case unlikely scenario, most large factories will institute the “living on site” exemption that exists to allow production to continue.

pedro.nz
05-04-2022, 11:14 AM
Seems the market is happy with the production figures and not too worried about the pause in production - for today at least...