PDA

View Full Version : LIC Livestock Improvement Corporation Ltd

PLYNCH
06-08-2014, 11:06 AM
LIC Anyone interested or even own shares?Had I been able to I would have bought years ago.

06-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Not every Tom,Dick and Harry can buy. You have to be associated with the farming industry somehow. Had my buy order declined because I was not eligible.

06-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Have a look at

http://www.lic.co.nz/lic_Dual_Share_Structure.cfm

PLYNCH
06-08-2014, 12:34 PM
"Legal restrictions to be lifted from LIC"
Does this mean Tom Dick and Harry will be able to buy shares?

zigzag
06-08-2014, 12:37 PM
"Legal restrictions to be lifted from LIC"
Does this mean Toms Dicks and Harrys will be able to buy shares?

It looks like it. Release says they plan to demutualise. If so LIC would be a good one to keep an eye on.

percy
06-08-2014, 12:42 PM
It looks like it. Release says they plan to demutualise. If so LIC would be a good one to keep an eye on.

This Percy will be keen.Tried to buy a number of years ago and was surprised at not being able to because of the restrictions.

zigzag
06-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Depending on how the GDT auctions play out in future, this is one of my top picks. Massive div yield, small PE and fairly good capital gain. they've also just undergone a restructure, so hopefully a little more operationally efficient than before.

Trouble with that theory is that if the stock does become freely traded, then those numbers and ratios will quickly disappear, as the companies share price will be re-rated.

DJDAVE
07-08-2014, 01:26 PM
My parents have LIC shares. Have owned since they listed, and topped up to max allowance (based on size of your farm) at $1.34. Has been a fantastic investment. One of the best dividend yields on the NZX.
You can only own this investment shares in you supply milk to an NZ processor.

peat
28-11-2016, 07:18 PM
The company is considering a listing of its agri-tech division which works with software and hardware and detection systems.
This listing would not be restricted to owners of the co-operative shares.

My brother in law works there. But this is not inside info, he just alerted me to it. Its all over the website.

This is a good way for NZ to work on its competitive advantage in the IT industry.

I look forward to it.

kiwidollabill
28-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Know a bit about their genetic breeding technology (GeneMark). They essentially 'own' the genetic data associated with 30% of the national dairy herd (which pisses off DairyNZ to no end). Very profitable line of their business.

GTM 3442
28-11-2016, 10:37 PM
I would be very interested in this. It's d*mn hard to get listed investment in rural New Zealand.

Pipi
29-11-2016, 08:36 AM
We are dairy farmers, LIC are constantly improving and putting a lot into new software and new technologies like the ez-heat photo booth which we had installed this season. They are always inventing something for farmers to spend their money on. Some good, some not so good. If you wish dairy farming can get very technical, i would say a lot of the new sheds use a lot of their products.

ruaboy
28-02-2018, 07:51 PM
Percy, Plynch and other keen buyers from 2014 certainly seems you dodged the bullet with this one, 2014 share price was from memory about $8.10 today $2.25 so 4 years under new management hasn't gone well , would you still be keen to buy if this new share structure is approved and you are allowed to own shares ( but only up to 5%) , do you reckon current management have what it takes to turn this company around and take it back to or better than it was pre 2014 or is it a dead duck and best left alone.

whatsup
28-02-2018, 07:54 PM
Apparently if the majority of N Z farmers decide to switch to A2 LIC could be the facilitator and the winner for its S Hers.

percy
28-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Percy, Plynch and other keen buyers from 2014 certainly seems you dodged the bullet with this one, 2014 share price was from memory about $8.10 today $2.25 so 4 years under new management hasn't gone well , would you still be keen to buy if this new share structure is approved and you are allowed to own shares ( but only up to 5%) , do you reckon current management have what it takes to turn this company around and take it back to or better than it was pre 2014 or is it a dead duck and best left alone.

As I was not allowed to buy any of their shares,I no longer follow them.
Should I be allowed to buy them,I would look at them again.
Until then I could not say whether or not I would buy any.

peat
01-03-2018, 09:44 AM
yeh I'll be reviewing when the option is available ... I hear they expanding overseas quite aggressively.

ruaboy
01-03-2018, 01:06 PM
like Fonterra maybe. LIC in 2014 when new mangement took over the total Revenue was 211 million , LIC then said they wanted to expand aggressively giving a target of increasing revenue I think to 1 billion a year . FY17 revenue has declined to 203 million so doesn't look like any aggressive expansion has taken place yet.

ruaboy
12-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Farmer Co-Op's what wonderful creatures .Why is everyone getting on Fonterra's case. 5 years ago Fonterra's share price was $5.80 now it is $5.00. Compare this with LIC which 5 years ago had a share price of $8.10 now its $2.80 (adjusted for issue) , farmers should be over the moon with the performance of their dairy company Fonterra has only lost 13% over 5 years .In the same 5 years the NZX50 has increased about 100% where as LIC has fallen in value by 65%.If LIC had only being an average performer over the last 5 years its share price should now be about $16 but its been a very poor performer and is now only $2.80(adjusted) .When I raised my concerns with our local shareholder rep he told me that the CEO was very clever. There are several words to describe this very poor performance and clever isn't one of the words that springs to mind.