PDA

View Full Version : Christchurch Sharetrader Meeting - Moosies Funeral

nextbigthing
08-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Seeing as the Moose has been deleted, this thread had too - so here's the new version.

There is a meeting in Christchurch on the 30th Sept, 5pm at Brewers Arms.

All welcome but please leave any bad attitudes at home :)

There's a guest speaker.

It's dress up - please come dressed as your Sharetrader name.

First round is on Percy too :t_up:

Thanks Percy for the times/date etc.

Beagle
08-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Anyway its on 30 September and was scheduled for 7.00 p.m. but some of us Aucklanders who are flying down for the AIR agm will be there for dinner from ~ 5.30 p.m.
All welcome. Forest and I have to leave at 8.00 p.m. to catch the last flight home so could I perhaps suggest that the meeting time be changed to either 5.30 or 6 so we have a good chance to have a decent chin wag and a few drinks with the Mainlanders and others attending ?

I can avoid the dress up and come as myself seeing as I don't use a pseudonym :)

percy
08-09-2014, 08:41 PM
From 5pm.Tuesday 30th September.The Brewers Arms,177 Papanui Road.

nextbigthing
08-09-2014, 08:46 PM
From 5pm.Tuesday 30th September.The Brewers Arms,177 Papanui Road.

Thanks Percy, no denial of you getting the first round I see. It's official then??? :t_up:

Beagle
08-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Thanks Percy, no denial of you getting the first round I see. It's official then??? :t_up:

I suspect we have to be sure HNZ is back in triple figures on the scoreboard then Uncle Percy will be in fine mood :)

Vince
08-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Folks,

Just to clarify things. The Moose, at his request asked me to delete his account along with all his posts. I gave him a week to make sure and at his request carried that out today.

Nothing untoward, nothing sinister, no conspiracy - just the Moose as a member asked me to carry out something which I did.

I could of made it more interesting with drug cartels, or something more sinister but the reality is a member asked me to do something and I carried it out, - sorry bit boring I know!

Regards,
Vince

Beagle
08-09-2014, 09:19 PM
I think he was too scared to follow through on that purchase of a kilo of silver from me. Maybe margin calls got him...hey someone had to lighten the mood and add some conspiracy theory :)
At least I won't get caught at airport security trying to smuggle what looks like a bomb disguised in a silver bar onto the aircraft LOL.

percy
09-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Seeing as the Moose has been deleted, this thread had too - so here's the new version.

There is a meeting in Christchurch on the 30th Sept, 5pm at Brewers Arms.

All welcome but please leave any bad attitudes at home :)

There's a guest speaker.

It's dress up - please come dressed as your Sharetrader name.

First round is on Percy too :t_up:

Thanks Percy for the times/date etc.
Thanks nextbigthing for restarting this thread.
As sharetrader tradition calls for, the person starting a ChCh sharetrader get together thread buys the first round.
With our dear friends from Auckland and Blenheim attending, I expect you to show good etiquette before putting further pressure on my already besieged wallet.!
Cool Bear likes a large one.Be careful he does not bring his own two pint glass!

nextbigthing
09-09-2014, 07:36 AM
As sharetrader tradition calls for, the person starting a ChCh sharetrader get together thread buys the first round.

That does sound fair. And seeing as Moosie started it and he will be in attendance it would only be fair for him to unleash some of those trading gains.
So Moosie, first round is on you. If you don't agree then post that here under your Moosie username in the next hour otherwise we'll call it official.

Leftfield
09-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Folks,

Just to clarify things. The Moose, at his request asked me to delete his account along with all his posts. I gave him a week to make sure and at his request carried that out today.

Regards,
Vince

Never knew you Moosie, but enjoyed your posts. Sad to see you go. (I hope Mooses get reincarnated as Moles or Lions (or something.)

Onwards and upwards. In the meantime I'm thinking...
a.) Don't take ST (or life) too seriously and spread your risks.
b.) It's only money
c.) DYOR

airedale
09-09-2014, 10:58 AM
"It's dress up - please come dressed as your Sharetrader name."

I will not be there dressed as a wire-haired Airedale Terrier. I do not have enough black or brown hair. I havn't got enough of any coloured hair. I will just bring my usual terrier attitudes.
Moosie, I hope that you are there.

nextbigthing
09-09-2014, 11:26 AM
"It's dress up - please come dressed as your Sharetrader name."

I will not be there dressed as a wire-haired Airedale Terrier. I do not have enough black or brown hair. I havn't got enough of any coloured hair. I will just bring my usual terrier attitudes.
Moosie, I hope that you are there.

But you could easily come dressed as a dog, and there's a few shares out there that have been dogs, so you could dress as your worst performing share :)

percy
17-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Would it be possible to have some numbers for those who will be joining Forest and Roger, for a meal ,as we will need to book a table,and what time should we book it for.I take it Moosie will still be there? I am think it may have to be 6.30 pm as they will need to leave at 8pm to catch their flight home.

longy
17-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Sorry... have I been missing something on this forum....? What has happened to Moosie?

17-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Sorry... have I been missing something on this forum....? What has happened to Moosie?

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?9928-RIP-Moosie

percy
23-09-2014, 06:34 AM
At this stage we have have three or four people having dinner at 6pm so they can catch up with others who will be arriving at 7pm for the get together.
Should any one want to join the dinners, please let me know as soon as possible [today would be good] as I need numbers ,so I can let The Brewers know.

Beagle
23-09-2014, 09:52 AM
At this stage we have have three or four people having dinner at 6pm so they can catch up with others who will be arriving at 7pm for the get together.
Should any one want to join the dinners, please let me know as soon as possible [today would be good] as I need numbers ,so I can let The Brewers know.

Many thanks for organising this, looking forward to it :)

A J
26-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Will hopefully come along, haven't been to a meet in a while. Shrewd told me he was going? Haven't invested in the stock market in a while but would be good to see the old guard.

Is Bermuda about these days?

Aaron

percy
26-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Will hopefully come along, haven't been to a meet in a while. Shrewd told me he was going? Haven't invested in the stock market in a while but would be good to see the old guard.

Is Bermuda about these days?

Aaron

Hi AJ,
I have sent Bermuda a PM telling about the get together,but as I note he has not posted for awhile he may not log in to see it.
Perhaps Shrewdy could contact him?Anyone friends with Ronthepom?
I rang The Brewers Arms today.We have a table booked from 5pm onwards.Should extra numbers turn up an extra table[s] can be added to ours.Some will be having a meal,while others will be joining us about 7pm.

nextbigthing
29-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Don't forget this is on tomorrow night people (currently Monday 29th) and don't forget it's dress up. You have to dress up as your sharetrader name. Percy has a great Thomas the tank engine train costume and Moosie has a great Moose costume, so don't let the team down!

Beagle
29-09-2014, 07:25 PM
I think Forest and I are exempt as we're attending the Air AGM before-hand, (would look bloody funny though if he wore a hat with a pine tree on top of it to the Air AGM) :)

Xerof
29-09-2014, 08:07 PM
A word of warning for Moosie - the Brewers is the local for some trigger-happy deerstalkers. Don't start any seasonal rutting actions within 100 metres of the bar.

BTW, The Celtic Red is a good drop......

Leica
29-09-2014, 08:59 PM
I plan to pop in but probably can't stay for dinner.

A J
29-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Hi AJ,
I have sent Bermuda a PM telling about the get together,but as I note he has not posted for awhile he may not log in to see it.
Perhaps Shrewdy could contact him?Anyone friends with Ronthepom?
I rang The Brewers Arms today.We have a table booked from 5pm onwards.Should extra numbers turn up an extra table[s] can be added to ours.Some will be having a meal,while others will be joining us about 7pm.

I'll be there and will come for some tea at 5pm. Don't think Shrewd has been in touch with Bermuda for a little either. Not sure about Ronthepom.

See you there!

Aaron

Serpie
30-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Shrewdly is otherwise disposed I believe, and I'll put in my apologies as well as I have to finish off month end stuff. Have a good evening.

forest
01-10-2014, 07:14 AM
We had an enjoyable get together at the Brewers arm, good food, good discussions and good company.

Thanks Percey for booking this pleasant venue and making Rogers and my visit to ChCh so seamless with our transport.

Forest

percy
01-10-2014, 07:40 AM
Who can ask for more? Nice food,a group of interesting people who enjoy each other's company,made for a most enjoyable evening.
Our out of town friends were good company,Forest,Roger,and Sparky from Auckland,Moosie from Palmerston North, and KW from Blenheim,and Airedale from Rangiora.! [Sorry Airedale couldn't help my self].
Our local crew ,AJ,Bohemian,Nextbigthing,Robbo24,Earthing were joined by new faces Leica and Peter.
To anyone I missed sorry.Thanks Serpie and Cool Bear for letting us know you could not make it.To Trackers,I hope you are mending quickly.

trackers
01-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Who can ask for more? Nice food,a group of interesting people who enjoy each other's company,made for a most enjoyable evening.
Our out of town friends were good company,Forest,Roger,and Sparky from Auckland,Moosie from Palmerston North, and KW from Blenheim,and Airedale from Rangiora.! [Sorry Airedale couldn't help my self].
Our local crew ,AJ,Bohemian,Nextbigthing,Robbo24,Earthing were joined by new faces Leica and Peter.
To anyone I missed sorry.Thanks Serpie and Cool Bear for letting us know you could not make it.To Trackers,I hope you are mending quickly.

Awesome turnout, good organisation skills there percy! Glad you all had a good time

Beagle
01-10-2014, 11:22 AM

It was a real pleasure catching up with friends and meeting new ones. Many thanks mate for your help with transport. Next time I think we'll need to get overnight accommodation as I know both Forest and I would have loved to stay longer and enjoy everyone's company :) P.S. The last flight home Chch to AKL for the evening was Jetstar, their old plane was extremely cramped, I'd gladly pay more to fly AIR next time :)

robbo24
01-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Nice to see you all, good to catch up. :D:D:D:D:D:D

A J
01-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Was a great catch up and good to meet some new people as I hadn't gone in a while. All a very smart bunch of people.

Thanks for organising this Percy and Nextbigthing for getting the topic going.

Aaron

skid
02-10-2014, 09:13 AM
So if Moosie was there ,could someone please enlighten us on his mysterious disappearance?

skid
02-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Would have liked to have gone but couldnt get away from here in Auck.--and couldnt figure out how to dress up as a skid:)

freddagg
02-10-2014, 09:32 AM
--and couldnt figure out how to dress up as a skid:)

Would have been easy for me, I could have just stayed in my work clothes and gumboots.:)

stoploss
02-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Would have liked to have gone but couldnt get away from here in Auck.--and couldnt figure out how to dress up as a skid:)

This will do it :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNpvSobgAJI

robbo24
02-10-2014, 12:47 PM
i am mainly shocked to learn that robbo and moosie aren't the same person!

LOL - omg can't use grinny blue face [a hot topic of discussion on Tuesday btw] if all the rest of my post is in caps.

:D:D:D:D:D

couta1
02-10-2014, 04:18 PM
nothing mysterious about his disappearance at all....... just time for a change in lifestyle.
Moosie still be here he's just well hidden and you can't see his antlers but he be here alright:cool:

Beagle
02-10-2014, 04:28 PM
why would you ever fly jetstar...... the company has a policy to delay or cancel flights that are not more than 65% full...... and only tell the costumers the night before or via an email with in 4 hours of the flight leaving..... they use mechanical fault and/or lack of availability of key flight personal to cover for their 65% full cancellation of flight policy.
I have personally been caught out 3 times in 18 months with this.

The last AIR flight for the day CHCH to AKL was a lot earlier and would have significantly reduced our time to mix and mingle with fellow Share trader members at the meeting. As I suggested, I'd prefer to fly AIR and in hindsight would have been happy to pay for overnight accommodation to have had a more fulsome opportunity to catch up with fellow sharetraders and fly a proper airline.
Jetstar's planes are old, the seat configuration is exceptionally tight and Forest and I both agreed you get what you pay for which in Jetstar's case is not a lot.

skid
03-10-2014, 11:59 AM
why would you ever fly jetstar...... the company has a policy to delay or cancel flights that are not more than 65% full...... and only tell the costumers the night before or via an email with in 4 hours of the flight leaving..... they use mechanical fault and/or lack of availability of key flight personal to cover for their 65% full cancellation of flight policy.
I have personally been caught out 3 times in 18 months with this.

Didnt know that--Im flying down to Qtown and back with them (hopefully being popular route Ill be ok) I can put up with any seat for a couple hours and one (of the few?) advantages is that they allow 10kg for carry on.

skid
03-10-2014, 12:16 PM
I am mainly shocked to learn that Robbo and Moosie aren't the same person!

He came dressed as a robbo but the antlers gave him away:)

airedale
08-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Thanks Percy, good venue and a chance to meet up with old friends and a few younger ones as well. Moosie ...good to see you. KW lots of knowledge especially about drinking and buying. The return of Shrewd Crude. Good to meet you all.