sharetrader
Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: TRU - Truscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    So great that it is only sold in other countries where there's zero transparency.

Reminds me of Plus SMS.
    Isn’t this Truscreen a reincarnation of another Truscreen of day’s gone by that failed?

If my memory is correct the ‘technology’ is about 20 years old
    Last edited by winner69; 30-01-2020 at 05:55 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Isn’t this Truscreen a reincarnation of another Truscreen of day’s gone by that failed?

If my memory is correct the ‘technology’ is about 20 years old
    Yup -actually 33 years ago, listed as Polartechnics in 1987.

Collapsed as resuscitated via a backdoor as Truscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yup -actually 33 years ago, listed as Polartechnics in 1987.

Collapsed as resuscitated via a backdoor as Truscreen.
    Yep that’s it ...your memory better than mine

Chalkie wrote a good article when this TRU listed. Chalkie was a great analyst and he had a great way with words -

[
    Still, technical weaknesses can be overcome. What bothers Chalkie about this listing is its resemblance to a warmed-up doggy bag from an experimental banquet of caviar foam and blowtorched truffle in a bun.

The resemblance is all the more disturbing when it is being described to investors as a fresh salad sprinkled with aged artisan cheddar.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opi...e-share-appeal

Tru has taken a bit longer than I expected as usual to progress but it has certainly moved onwards with great results of Indian trials so far,progress in China etc, a board reshuffle and the appointment of Tony Ho and Con Hickey in the last year or so,WHO possibilities etc. to list a few positives. Hopefully we will see progress on the ASX listing in the near future and an increase in revenue would be a step in the right direction.
    I am still positive about TRU as a tech and management now.

I agree, a lot has happened since 2014, the development and algorithm's has progressed, the result is the product is a lot more accurate and beats Pap smear in every category. It is cheaper and less time consuming than Pap smear, with immediate results.

Tony Ho is pushing the company forward well and does put his own money into Truscreen, which gives me more confidence.

I see all the negative by experienced members like Balance and Winner, and I would be stupid not to listen and not consider. I think past issues is part of present problem with cashflow issues and lack of shareholder confidence.

Small steps, and some big steps continue to be taken. WHO strategy, and key market focus will start to pay dividends. Soon they will be looking to the ASX, but this has been pushed for the last 2 years, which knows when it will actually happen. Cash is going to be the major issue in the next 12 months... Who's going to pay the wages until there is real sales income.

My understanding is that it is not at all better than a pap smear. Hence why they only use it in developing countries without the lab resource? I may be wrong. Would love some details from someone that knows

[QUOTE=Chanchay;788945]My understanding is that it is not at all better than a pap smear. Hence why they only use it in developing countries without the lab resource? I may be wrong. Would love some details from someone that knows[/QUOTE
    Check out the Tru website. Instant result with a technician, not a doctor. Comparable or better than pap smear,without weeks to wait for a diagnosis. Trials so far in developing countries going extremely well. This has so much potential in terms of woman's health but the established pap smear industry in our country and in the west has an established bureaucracy which is so entrenched and very resistant to new tech, hence the thrust into developing countries.

Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post

.......that makes for very encouraging reading all right. The advantages using the Truscreen Ultra device over the traditional PAP smear sound immeasurable. I believe this is a no brainer from every angle and acceptance then approval into India is a given..........surely??
    Have a Gr8day.