sharetrader

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Spose 2nd half still on track to be much stronger even though they don’t say so

https://stocknessmonster.com/news-it...=NZSE&N=309903
    I find it interesting, (even if nobody else does) that they are not reiterating that second half will be stronger and think the market would have appreciated the comfort such a statement would provide.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I find it interesting, (even if nobody else does) that they are not reiterating that second half will be stronger and think the market would have appreciated the comfort such a statement would provide.
    A large trade today - 1,851,953 shares (Just over 1% of the company) at 79c, the highest equal close price over the last couple of months. Appears to indicates a keen buyer rather than a seller driven offload (which would probably have been at daily low's not high's) and someone wanting to be in before the annual result.

If Salt Funds or Regal Funds are the buyer its got to trigger a shareholder notice as the movements over 1%. There's quite a few shareholders with sufficient holdings that they could be the seller. Milford has been selling but is now under 5% so wouldn't need to do a sell notice if they have sold.

Bit of an indictment of the sector

Only a survey so probably a load of rubbish
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11961380

Extract -
    One teacher wrote in: "Hell no! I want my children alive and I want the people educating my child to be resourced, respected, valued, qualified and experienced."
    Another said: "After only three years teaching, I have just resigned from the centre. My conscience would not let me stay part of a system that is akin to factory farming for children."

Still believe that the expectations off greedy shareholders wanting to make millions out of looking after kids will leave to 'compromises' along the way, usually with the kids being the losers.
    Last edited by winner69; 18-12-2017 at 08:14 AM.

See share price not doing much lately and still languishing in the 70’s

They still expecting a boomer of a second half year .....but dependent ‘on strong enrolment levels in early 2018 and further cost savings being achieved.’

Still taking a morbid interest in their financial performance - mainly as part of a study into whether these companies like this that only grow by buying new centres / practices etc actually create any real wealth.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”