sharetrader
Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Milford sold heaps more last week - cant be meeting their expectations

But no doubt some happy buyers
    No doubt..But no new shareholding notices?

I wonder why the market has decided to only allow a PE of 8-11 for Evolve, small cap growth stock and a great yield.

Can anyone shed some light on why this stock is so cheap?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    I wonder why the market has decided to only allow a PE of 8-11 for Evolve, growth stock and a great yield.

I hope the answers will be forth coming with the result,which is due before the end of the month .
    I have been expecting their eps growth rate to be higher than their PE ratio.

I wonder why the market has decided to only allow a PE of 8-11 for Evolve, small cap growth stock and a great yield.

IMO because their growth is only at approx their cost of capital. So they aren't really growing. they need to prove they can re invest and earn returns at a rate significantly higher than their cost of capital.

Having said that I still think they are below fair value atm.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I hope the answers will be forth coming with the result,which is due before the end of the month .
    I have been expecting their eps growth rate to be higher than their PE ratio.
    It is priced for flat growth, dividend yield is looking close to 7% for 2017... I am trying to look for a downside here!

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    IMO because their growth is only at approx their cost of capital. So they aren't really growing. they need to prove they can re invest and earn returns at a rate significantly higher than their cost of capital.

Having said that I still think they are below fair value atm.
    ROCE of 10% not bad, even if they stopped expanding... the distributable cash flow will continue to grow and will come right back to shareholders... again, where is the downside?

Discl not held, possibly soon though.
    Last edited by hardt; 15-05-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Even Regal now disclose they've reduced their interest in EVO
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Last year I posted a view of an insider in this industry (post 108). Maybe read it and see if you agree.
    Last edited by forest; 15-05-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Have a read back on this thread right from the start. All I have to add is that Norah Barlow is staying on the board, another negative at least as far as I am concerned.
    I agree with your post #108 Forest.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Have a read back on this thread right from the start. All I have to add is that Norah Barlow is staying on the board, another negative at least as far as I am concerned.
    I agree with your post #108 Forest.
    I remember thinking at the time of reading that article it sounded like soppy bollocks to me, yes, running a business is difficult, no more difficult than anyone else has it...

" having to balance shareholders, staff and the parents was hard! " - yea no sh!t

Good for the very wealthy Wright family who were not after profits, back in the real world of the free market, there is money to be made in this sector for a long time to come...

Lets look at EVO's current metrics and the likelihood of continued earnings performance, high chance of shareholders being rewarded here.
    Last edited by hardt; 15-05-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Balancing multiple interests is part of any business. The listed retirement sector does well enough, you could use the same quote and just replace parents of the kids with kids of the parents....