sharetrader
Page 84 of 104 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast

Been waiting patiently for this, glad I sat on my hands with my current holding!

Crazy how the turnaround really happened. Was a great play especially around COVID and even prior to that despite a couple of crashes.

Although I don’t invest in the same way anymore or in value plays it’s great to see this one being a successful turnaround

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Yes double boom. Acquisitions at just under 4x EBITDA and a confirmed intention to restart dividends
    They are obviously taking their time to make the right acquisitions - and there are many child care centres on offer still.

Many will close down due to the heightened & strict regulatory & compliance regime now in place if they are not taken over.

A classic industry consolidation situation with Evolve positioning itself as a key player, and beneficiary.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    They are obviously taking their time to make the right acquisitions - and there are many child care centres on offer still.

Many will close down due to the heightened & strict regulatory & compliance regime now in place if they are not taken over.

A classic industry consolidation situation with Evolve positioning itself as a key player, and beneficiary.
    And what you need in this situation is a senior management team with a lot of skin in the game. This way they make decisions that are sensible for adding value, not just empire building. But wait, that's exactly what we have with the Chris's having sizable shareholdings.

I love the management after I met them in the annual meeting the way they act the way they talk determination to turn the ship around somehow I trust them so much I keep adding my holdings

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ckdown-absence

Aggro from a few parents with kids in Lollipops Takanini about getting charged half fee during the lockdown last week in Auckland.

Seems like Evolve does not qualify for the wage subsidy any more this time round so has to charge to recover costs associated with having to keep the childcare centres open for children of essential workers.

Not good publicity but it actually points to Evolve doing well if its Takanini centre does not qualify for the wage subsidy.

https://www.theceomagazine.com/execu.../timothy-wong/

A worthwhile read of NZ CEO Timothy Wong. He certainly comes across as knowing his stuff and has the right experience to crank evolve up to its full potential in NZ.

Legend

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/...meras/13237820

Can anyone see any docs on the up coming dividend ?

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Can anyone see any docs on the up coming dividend ?
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO;5 March 2021 announcement
    Dividend Payment

The Board of EVO is pleased to announce that the company intends to resume
    the payment of dividends from the final quarter of 2021. Further details
    will be announced later in 2021.
    They have yet to confirm the exact timing or amount of the dividend, just an intention to pay a dividend in 2021 in contrast to the last few years when they haven't.

Wilson Asset Management adding a decent amount to their holding seems like a good sign. I first started looking deeper into EVO after looking at one of their monthly's a month or so again. Some interesting holdings in their top 20 in the microcap fund which has performed very well.