sharetrader
Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    I believe 45c should read 14.5c
    No 45c is correct. In addition to the quoted share price retail investors have 4.4 entitlements to buy a share at 8c. With a market price of 15c they are worth 7c each. You need to add 4.4*7 to the price to get a pre entitlement value

EVO ASX closed at .14

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    They made the entitlement (rights) non-tradeable and non-transferable. For a few weeks retail shareholders have a somewhat decreased original holding value and an entitlement that is now has a value approximately double the value of the remaining listed share holding.

Shareholders receiving the entitlement need to either cough up quite a bit of cash or hope that the retail book-build occurs at a good price. Who know's what will happen in the book build because the institutional one had a poor clearing price and those institutions that passed must be kicking themselves just a little bit now.
    The institutions coughed up about half(roughly) and the rest are for retail investors... I am guessing two possible scenarios..

If the retail Entitlement Offers are all taken then the share price will be stagnant for a while.. (may see some action if some acquisitions take place in OZ)

If the book building does happen then the institutions will be sold at a good premium which may spruce up the share price..

Disc.. Not selling my current holdings and taking up full entitlements

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    The institutions coughed up about half(roughly) and the rest are for retail investors... I am guessing two possible scenarios..

If the retail Entitlement Offers are all taken then the share price will be stagnant for a while.. (may see some action if some acquisitions take place in OZ)

If the book building does happen then the institutions will be sold at a good premium which may spruce up the share price..

Disc.. Not selling my current holdings and taking up full entitlements
    I believe institutions took up 98.8% of their entitlements and probably will be similar for retail. New Directors with plenty of skin in Evo gives me some confidence of success going forward but still plenty of hard work left. Wonder if down the track Evo could become another GEM .........

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    I believe institutions took up 98.8% of their entitlements and probably will be similar for retail. New Directors with plenty of skin in Evo gives me some confidence of success going forward but still plenty of hard work left. Wonder if down the track Evo could become another GEM .........
    I don't think we will see the same uptake for retailer investors as they got for institutional holders, firstly many still harbour a grudge against the company for wiping so much value off the share price and many will be reluctant to put more money in especially if they have a large loss they have already accumulated. Secondly many won't have the money freely available like institutions do, the capital raising amount can be quite significant for some who have quite a large holding, so I don't see them wanting to double down on a company they might not have the most confidence in or at least not take the full entitlement. Even though the math works out currently, many aren't that well informed and good with the math that some on here might be.

We will know in 6-9 months if the Australian strategy is working and from there if they can form a big acquisition strategy to resemble G8 Education's success.

The ongoing decline in average centre occupancy should be ringing huge alarm bells for anyone with their head screwed on properly.
    Talk about throwing good money after bad. Why do you think the bank want to substantially reduce their facility...
    The Australian fishing expedition is almost certain to have a very similar "success" rate as the N.Z. facilities.
    I have been warning about this company for years and have been bang on the money with my predictions.
    Lets throw heaps more money at this company after they basically completely destroyed initial investors funds...what could possibly go wrong the second time
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-05-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The ongoing decline in average centre occupancy should be ringing huge alarm bells for anyone with their head screwed on properly.
    Talk about throwing good money after bad. Why do you think the bank want to substantially reduce their facility...
    The Australian fishing expedition is almost certain to have a very similar "success" rate as the N.Z. facilities.
    I have been warning about this company for years and have been bang on the money with my predictions.
    Lets throw heaps more money at this company after they basically completely destroyed initial investors funds...what could possibly go wrong the second time
    Beagle - The $63m being collected now (sounds a bit like the collection plate on Sunday church eh) takes total collected to a quarter of billion bucks.
    Last edited by winner69; 25-05-2019 at 05:56 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Take care,as per Warren Buffett's quote;
    "When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics,it is the reputation of the business than remains intact."

When you read this GEM presentation reads a bit like a EVO one

You can see why their share price is nearly half of what it was at hyped up peak

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201902...8f6t9mwwgt.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 25-05-2019 at 06:07 PM.

EVOs capacity of 78% is better than GEMs 74% ...pretty good