sharetrader
Page 57 of 104 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thanks SL, might be worth another look.

I had a look at the TA and noted it looks ugly. Turning their occupancy rate around is the key and I think its like turning the Titanic around. Doesn't matter how experienced the skipper is if the rudders are too small. (My less than cryptic way of saying there are systemic issues within the company and the industry).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

The only thing I feel about investing in this share is "Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!"

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Chris Scott as MD
    Chris Sacre as Australia Country Manager

Looks like the two Chris are slowly taking over the management of the company.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/339273

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Chris Scott as MD
    Chris Sacre as Australia Country Manager

Looks like the two Chris are slowly taking over the management of the company.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/339273
    All good in my book. Many companies pay a fortune in shares and performance bonuses to get senior mgmt to have skin in the game so their interests align with shareholders.

Caught up with family members involved in EVO centres on the weekend.
    Please see previous posts over the years and I note anyone who has taken note of my cautionary posts would have saved themselves a small fortune in wealth destruction.
    Dynamics in terms of supply demand have not changed in the industry, if anything they continue to deteriorate.

Obviously I cannot share too much as it would then be possible to track back to my sources and they could be in real trouble but this is what I can say.
    1. EVO simply do not understand the need to invest in their facilities. Things like doing up the tired old lunchroom is basic absolute minimal maintenance but EVO are trying to shift the cost of this on to the community and get it done for free.
    2. EVO took over a number of privately run facilities years ago some of which had unique features that marked them out as attractive in their community. These unique features have been lost in the move to a corporate structure and EVO management simply do not recognise the importance to the community of having a deafferented product offer relative to the area in which the centre's operate.
    For example, a semi rural privately owned centre might have had the nice touch of a couple of farm animals for the kids to interact with. This has all been lost and its importance is not understood by EVO management.
    3. EVO invest absolutely nothing in their facilities other than the absolute bare bones basics legally required.
    4. EVO do not understand, or do not want to understand that their are newer flasher facilities coming on stream from their competitors which better gear, equipment and teacher aids.
    5. Everything in terms of maintenance must be run right up the authority channel and is signed off by a senior manager who is known to take an approach towards maintenance expenditure that is simply diabolically tough such that its begs the question if EVO understand the need to keep their facilities maintained to even the most basic standard.

Hard to believe me ol mate Norah Barlow is still there milking directors fees after the tremendous destruction in market value she has presided over...

My conclusion...nothing has really changed and I reiterate all previous warnings and concerns expressed. The Australian expansion is nothing in my opinion other than a red herring to draw new investors in and to try and divert attention away from their truly appalling track record of wealth destruction in New Zealand.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-08-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Caught up with family members involved in EVO centres on the weekend.
    Please see previous posts over the years and I note anyone who has taken note of my cautionary posts would have saved themselves a small fortune in wealth destruction.
    Dynamics in terms of supply demand have not changed in the industry, if anything they continue to deteriorate.

My conclusion...nothing has really changed and I reiterate all previous warnings and concerns expressed. The Australian expansion is nothing but a red herring to draw new investors in and to try and divert attention away from their truly appalling track record of wealth destruction in New Zealand.
    Thanks, Beagle.

Most helpful.

Nearly every stock has had a good run of late but EVO sinks below 10 cents

Direct Broking say todays 9.6 cents is a 52 week low (probably all time low?)

AGM coming up .....surely not bad news coming out.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Nearly every stock has had a good run of late but EVO sinks below 10 cents

Direct Broking say todays 9.6 cents is a 52 week low (probably all time low?)

AGM coming up .....surely not bad news coming out.
    Some big buying occurring on the asx. 11.7m volume so far and up to A $0.110 Currently nz is still playing catchup as there are sellers at 10.6nz. The oz price indicates nz should be nearer 11.8c. Could be an interesting ATM announcement in a few days.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Some big buying occurring on the asx. 11.7m volume so far and up to A $0.110 Currently nz is still playing catchup as there are sellers at 10.6nz. The oz price indicates nz should be nearer 11.8c. Could be an interesting ATM announcement in a few days.
    Notice of Meeting to be held on 18th September 2019 at 2pm